Twelve Days of Christmas by lirio de amor
Summary: Harry Snape is in trouble twelve days before Christmas for misbehaving in school...will his Holidays go as planned, or has he mucked it all up with his father?

Based on the Challenge ~12 Days of Christmas~ by Kai
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Profanity
Prompts: 12 Days of Christmas
Challenges: 12 Days of Christmas
Series: Twelve Days of Christmas and Other Holiday Stories With the Snapes
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 11985 Read: 55184 Published: 16 Dec 2011 Updated: 04 Jan 2012
December 23: It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas by lirio de amor
Author's Notes:
Second chapter today...so I am finally caught up to the right day ;)

One thing that Severus Snape knew was that the closer it got to Christmas Eve, the more child like his son became. It was all Severus could do not to silencio his child’s idle chatter the closer the day came…but then, there were other times when Severus actually enjoyed the fact that his son was still young enough to actually become carefree during the holiday. Especially since his son did not always have that chance many other times during the year.

They had gotten a tree the previous day. It was huge and full, just the right shape for a Christmas tree. Severus and Harry had placed to the left of the fireplace, in a corner that had two windows, just perfect for passer bys to see their tree when the lights were on at night.

“Dad, I have everything ready!” Harry yelled from the living room. Severus put down the cup of tea he had been nursing for the last twenty minutes while Harry had been pulling the Christmas boxes out of the closet under the stairs. It was easier to place them there instead of in the attic because Harry always insisted on helping get them out.

“Did you get all of the boxes, Harry?”

“Of course!” Harry said indignantly. Did his Dad really think that he couldn’t accomplish the simplest of tasks?

“Harry…” Severus said warningly. The spark of attitude was always a warning of things to come, mainly all bad. They had been having a good couple of days, and he refused to let them go south when Christmas was in two days.

Harry merely sighed.

“Why don’t you go get the box beside the door before you get into trouble.” Severus deadpanned.

“Yea, Dad. Sorry, Dad.” Harry said, quickly going to grab the box.

When he placed the box beside the tree he looked at Severus.

“can we use the fairy lights instead of the muggle ones? Please, Dad? They look better on the tree, and the fairies love to live in cedar trees…”

“I…suppose.” Severus was loath to admit that he, too, enjoyed the more magical glow of the silver, gold, red, and green fairy lights. They were the actual overall glow of fairies, and the little fairies, who would live in the tree if asked, would bring the tree alive with lights.

“Yes, if we can find some fairy lights…” Severus started.

“I know where there is a colony of fairies!” Harry said, jumping up from where he had just sat down and run for the door.

Severus quickly followed Harry outside. Fairies did not take kindly to being rudely interrupted.

“Harrison Snape! Stop right there!” Severus bellowed from the doorway. Harry stopped instantly, the tone of his father’s voice one that had scared hundreds of students over the years. While it did not scare Harry, he was well aware of the importance of obeying it.

He slowly turned around and stared at Severus.

“Sorry, Dad. I know that I am grounded…”

Severus sighed heavily.

“Yes, son, you are grounded. But that is besides the point right now! You cannot go anywhere near a fairy stampeding like a bull in a china shop, son! You will scare them, and they will swarm. This is what gets you into trouble, Harry. You do not stop and think before  you rush off into things. You didn’t stop and think before sneaking off to Miss Weasley’s abode in the middle of the night and you did not think twice about lying to me about Umbridge’s abuse of power against you. You have to start thinking, son!” Severus said.

It worried Severus. His son didn’t think anything out and it had very nearly gotten him killed more than once. He had to start thinking things through!

Harry flushed with embarrassment. He knew that his Dad was right. He had gotten this same lecture at least once a year since he was a first year. Every time his Dad had to give it to him, it made the elder man angrier than the previous time, if possible.

“Sorry, Dad. Can I still show you where the fairies are? And maybe you could get their permission to bring them in the house for the tree?” Harry whispered.

Severus walked over to his son, and put his arm over his shoulders.

“Yes, son. That would be much more ideal than you running around like a stampeding hippogriff.”

Harry stifled a laugh, but then leaned into his father’s embrace a bit. They were indeed saving their holiday, and it was turning out much better than Harry had expected it would after all the trouble he had been in.

~*~*~*~*~*~Twelve Days of Christmas~*~*~*~*~*~

Later that night, after supper had been consumed, and all the decorations had been put up, Severus and Harry sat together on the couch beside one another. Neither spoke, but both felt content.

Severus felt content to have his son..whether naughty or nice really made no difference to him…near him safe and sound.

Harry felt content and safe because his father was right beside him…even if the man fussed at him extremely too much. Harry supposed that all parents did that. He knew Miss Molly and his father did, and they were really the only parental figures he had ever been around for long periods of time. So, he supposed it was normal. Even Mr. Arthur did it on occasion, and the man was the most docile person he knew.

“Dad, it is finally beginning to look a lot like Christmas.” Harry said softly, not wanting to ruin the moment, or disturb the fairies who, when promised honey and sugar water, were more than apt to live in their tree for a few days.

Severus was silent for a few moments.

“Yes, it most definitely is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.”

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2716