Twelve Days of Christmas by lirio de amor
Summary: Harry Snape is in trouble twelve days before Christmas for misbehaving in school...will his Holidays go as planned, or has he mucked it all up with his father?

Based on the Challenge ~12 Days of Christmas~ by Kai
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Profanity
Prompts: 12 Days of Christmas
Challenges: 12 Days of Christmas
Series: Twelve Days of Christmas and Other Holiday Stories With the Snapes
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 11985 Read: 55184 Published: 16 Dec 2011 Updated: 04 Jan 2012
December 25: Christmas Time by lirio de amor
"It’s Christmas time! Christmas time!”

Severus groaned. His son was like a small child.

In fact, he was worse than a small child as he was now pulling the blankets off of Severus.

Three hundred and sixty-four other days in the year his son refused to get out of bed on time, nearly always running late.

Except on Christmas, when he thought he had to get up at six…no, five THIRTY in the morning!

Severus lay there for several moments deciding whether he wanted to hex Harry or spare himself a day of continuous glares from the boy because he didn’t immediately get up. He decided to spare himself and slowly got up to see his son standing beside the bed smiling a goofy, childish, only to be seen on Christmas, smile.

It immediately told Severus that he had made the right decision. How many more Christmas’ would he be able to wake up to his son like this? How many years before he felt he was being too childish?

How many years before his child would see things that would literally erase his innocence? Severus feared that it was coming all too soon.

“Come on, Son.”He said, grabbing his housecoat as he slid his feet into his slippers and followed Harry down the stairs, summoning Harry’s own slippers and housecoat to him as he did.

~*~*~*~Twelve Days of Christmas~*~*~*~

Harry opened all of his smaller presents first. These were the presents from friends (a book from Hermione, a Chudley Cannons tshirt from Ron, a letter and present from Ginny that he would open later, and various other gifts) and basic needs that his Dad bought him every year (clothes [“You’re growing like a bloody weed in a greenhouse with extra strength growth serum.”] shoes, and random books that Harry had been eyeing in the bookstore.

Then Harry finally got to his big present. It happened every year, except this year he knew that his father had not been anywhere to get anything, and nothing had come to the house. And he had misbehaved in school and was grounded…so would he still get his big present? The present that was always the best one his father got him every year, one that Severus was always proud of being able to keep hidden from his side. Harry hadn’t even had the chance to look for it this year, so he had no idea what it would be, if anything.

Of course, Severus could not deny his son the apprehension of thinking he wasn’t getting anything else.

“Let’s go eat breakfast, Harry.”

Harry’s face fell a bit, but he got up and followed his Dad.

Severus stood by the doorframe that lead into the kitchen and allowed Harry to walk in before him.

Harry stopped.

On the table was a large box. It was plain and had no wrappings or ribbons. It was about a foot wide and six feet long.

“No!” Harry whispered.

He looked at his Dad.

Severus arched an eyebrow at his son then nodded towards the present.

Harry went over and took the lid off the box. His eyes grew big.

Slowly, oh ever so slowly, he lift a brand new Firebolt Windstream, the best broom in existence.

He slowly placed the broom back in the box and turned to his father.

Severus could see how hard it was for Harry to contain his excitement.

“How’d you get it here, Dad? I haven’t seen any packages! And that box is huge!”

Severus smirked.

“Dumbledore.”

Ah, Harry thought, the day I was really being a brat.

Harry walked over to his father and threw his arms over him.

“Thanks, Dad!”

Severus merely smiled.

Not that that was something he did often, mind you.

~*~*~*~Twelve Days of Christmas~*~*~*~

Severus sat in a chair watching his sleeping son. This was his favorite things to do, though he would never tail anyone that.

He loved to watch his child sleep. He had always loved to watch him sleep…

“I hate that I never get to see him.” Severus said, running his long fingers through the soft black hair that covered his sleeping infant’s hair.

 

“He knows that you are his Daddy, though. He loves you. I show him your picture every day. You cannot help that you cannot be here.” Lily said, leaning against Severus as he held their son.

 

The world may think that she and James Potter were married, but she and Severus knew different, and that was all that mattered.

 

“I love to watch him sleep. It is my favorite thing to do. Watching him sleep, watching his innocence in front of me, it makes everything bad go away…”

 

Severus smiled, and stood up. 

He started to walk out the door, but could not resist running his long fingers through his son’s messy hair.

Harry gave a contented sigh, and then relaxed.

Severus smiled, and finally decided to go to bed.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2716