Twelve Days of Christmas by lirio de amor
Summary: Harry Snape is in trouble twelve days before Christmas for misbehaving in school...will his Holidays go as planned, or has he mucked it all up with his father?

Based on the Challenge ~12 Days of Christmas~ by Kai
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Profanity
Prompts: 12 Days of Christmas
Challenges: 12 Days of Christmas
Series: Twelve Days of Christmas and Other Holiday Stories With the Snapes
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 11985 Read: 55178 Published: 16 Dec 2011 Updated: 04 Jan 2012
December 15: ~I’ll Be Home For Christmas~ by lirio de amor
 Making sure all the students who were going home boarded the train on time was always an ordeal. Thankfully, for the first year since Harry had started Hogwarts, not one student was staying over the holidays, making it possible for all of the teachers to also have a break.    

Harry was waiting patiently in the Great Hall for his father, with Hedwig sitting on his shoulder.

“Hedwig, I’ll be home for Christmas this year! This is the first time that Dad and I have gotten to spend it at home since I was like nine! Though, it isn’t going to start out all that well. I think he is really ticked at me for getting into trouble these last few weeks. He barely talked to me last night except to tell me things he wanted me to do.”

Harry gently preened the feathers on Hedwig’s head trying to ignore the fact that he probably was in trouble.

At Christmas.

Really, though, it hadn’t been all his fault. Sure, he probably should have turned in his homework assignments for History of Magic, but the closer Christmas got, the less he cared. It was a stupid class to begin with.

Note to self, Harry thought, do NOT tell Dad that any class is useless or stupid.

Yea, that would be a bad idea. It had been a bad idea in third year when he had told him potions were useless. Of course, he had been mad at the time because he had been grounded from a Hogsmeade weekend for failing a potions exam.

Harry huffed a little.

He didn’t want to be n trouble over Christmas. He wanted to get to spend it with his dad, happily.

He didn’t want to spend it fighting.

“Harrison, are you ready? Have you got everything? We shall not be coming back for anything. Once we are home, I plan on staying home.” Severus said, standing at the end of the table Harry was sitting in.

Again, Harry sighed. He felt like that was all he ever did anymore.

“Can’t I be Harry, Dad? I hate when you call me Harrison.”

Severus’ eyebrow quirked up. Harry looked away from his father.

Great, just great.

“Nevermind. I’m ready.” He told Severus, then looked at his shoulder, “Hedwig, fly home. We are going home. I’ll see you when we get home.”

“Come, Harry.” Severus said. Severus watched his son, and all of the emotions that were flickering in his emerald eyes.

“Dad…” Harry mumbled.

“Yes, Harry?”

“Can we go through Hogsmeade first?”

“Why? You have most definitely not earned a trip into town.”

“Dad, please. I know that you probably aren’t going to let me go anywhere before Christmas and I haven’t bought every ones gift yet. And, just because you are going to punish me, doesn’t mean that my friends should be punished.”

Severus narrowed his eyes at the boy. The little con artist.

“I still haven’t a clue why that idiotic Sorting Hat placed you in Gryffindor. The only thing that even points you towards that house is the fact that you needlessly put your life in danger on a yearly basis, yet always seem to make it seem like you had no other choice. You, child, are a snake in hiding.”

“So, is that a yes?”

“Hmph. As long as you realize that this is not a pleasure trip.”

Harry sighed. That meant he wasn’t allowed to go into any stores he actually liked, alone.

“Yea, Dad, I got you. I am in deep shite once we get home.”

“And, you just added onto it for your language. Child, come on before you get yourself into a hole you never get out of.”

Harry sighed and followed his father.

Bloody hell, he thought, he was going to be grounded all break.
The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2716