Twelve Days of Christmas by lirio de amor
Summary: Harry Snape is in trouble twelve days before Christmas for misbehaving in school...will his Holidays go as planned, or has he mucked it all up with his father?

Based on the Challenge ~12 Days of Christmas~ by Kai
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Profanity
Prompts: 12 Days of Christmas
Challenges: 12 Days of Christmas
Series: Twelve Days of Christmas and Other Holiday Stories With the Snapes
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 11985 Read: 55176 Published: 16 Dec 2011 Updated: 04 Jan 2012
December 17: ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~ by lirio de amor

Harry was cleaning the upstairs bathroom. It was one of his least favorite things to do and his Dad knew it. Of course, that was why he was stuck cleaning it.

After he had spent nearly an hour in the corner the previous day, he had sulkily apologized to his Dad…though he really hadn’t been that sincere in his apology.

Severus had known that and the rest of his day had been spent writing an essay about everything he had done over the last few weeks and what he could have done differently.

It had really just fueled the anger Harry felt at his Dad. He really was overreacting to everything.

Once the bathroom was sparkling clean, and even his Dad wouldn’t be able to find fault with it, he walked down to the study where he knew his Dad would be.

“Dad, I am done with the bathroom.” Harry said, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed, petulantly staring past his father.

“Finished.” Severus said looking at his son.

“What are you talking about?” Harry snapped.

Severus’ nostrils flared at his son’s attitude, and he counted to ten under his breath.

“You are finished, not done. A chicken is done cooking. You are finished working. You attitude today is deplorable.  Just as it was yesterday. What has gotten into you? You are acting like a naughty child. Normally, this close to Christmas you are the picture of perfection!”

“Dad, why does it matter? It's Christmas and I am grounded. So, I have already been punished so why does it matter why I did the things that I did! I am old enough to know that Santa doesn’t care if I am naughty or nice!” Harry yelled.

To Harry’s horror, tears of frustration started to fall down his cheeks. He refused to let his Dad see the tears and he turned to walk out of the study just as someone knocked at the front door.

Harry quickly wiped his tears and walked to the door, wrenching it open as he did.

Dumbledore stood there, his eyes twinkling.

Normally, Harry would be excited to see the man he thought of as a grandfather.

Today was not one of those days.

“DAD! Bloody Santa Claus has come to town!” Then Harry turned around and stomped up the stairs to his room.

Severus heard his son yell and walked out of his study to see what Harry was yelling about.

“Hello, Albus. Come in. I am sorry for my son’s behavior. We are having some issues today.”

‘Yes, yes, well, I just needed to speak to you for a bit…”

~*~*~*~*~*Twelve Days Of Christmas*~*~*~*~*~

Harry stomped up stairs to his room and shut the door gently.

He could stomp up the stairs all he wanted, but he knew better than to slam his door in anger. His Dad would be up the stairs in seconds if he did that.

“Been there, done that.” Harry muttered to himself as he went over to his desk and sat down, looking at the journal he had kept since he was about nine.

At the time, Harry had been having a hard time with the fact that his Dad was so busy with his classes and had felt left out. Severus had given him the journal to write letters to him. That way, if there was something that he felt he couldn’t talk to his Dad straight out because he was embarrassed, afraid, or angry, he could write him instead.

Harry reread the letter he had written the previous night…

Dad,

It isn’t bloody fair that you are so angry with me! It’s Christmas, and I can’t help what is going on in my mind! I can’t help it! I don’t even know how to talk to you right now because you won’t listen to me!  

Mainly, though, Dad, it’s Ginny Weasley. Merlin, Dad, all I do is think about her. Then the other day in Transfiguration stupid Malfoy started talking about her and I just couldn’t hold my temper. Dad, it was like my magic and temper all took over and I didn’t even realize that I had told McGona….err…Professor McGonagall to shove it.

I kinda understand why you’re angry with me, but I am still mad at you because I feel like you didn’t listen to me. I feel like I can’t talk to you about how I feel about Ginny because I don’t think you will understand. I mean, there is no way YOU remember being my age! 

And, I know I am only fifteen, and Ginny is only fourteen, but I really like her and I think I could spend the rest of my life with her because…..

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2716