Twelve Days of Christmas by lirio de amor
Summary: Harry Snape is in trouble twelve days before Christmas for misbehaving in school...will his Holidays go as planned, or has he mucked it all up with his father?

Based on the Challenge ~12 Days of Christmas~ by Kai
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Profanity
Prompts: 12 Days of Christmas
Challenges: 12 Days of Christmas
Series: Twelve Days of Christmas and Other Holiday Stories With the Snapes
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 11985 Read: 55184 Published: 16 Dec 2011 Updated: 04 Jan 2012
December 18: ~Put One Foot In Front of the Other~ by lirio de amor
Author's Notes:
I am not sure about this chapter; however, I hope that everyone enjoys it and I got the idea across. Next chapter will be out tomorrow=)

Severus sighed as he read the page in Harry’s journal.

When he had summoned Harry down for dinner the night before…Harry had spent the day in his room and Severus had simply sent a sandwich up to his room knowing that if he made his son come down they would argue, and Severus had already had a pounding headache… Harry had thrust his journal at him before he sat down at his spot. He hadn’t given Severus a chance to speak.

Severus immediately took the journal and didn’t say anything else to Harry through supper. It was an unwritten rule: if Harry gave him the journal he would wait to discuss any misbehavior until after he had read what Harry had written because obviously something else was going on with his son besides his behavior and horrible attitude.

Severus had been thankful for the journal on more than one occasion. It gave them a bridge when they were unable to talk things out without shouting. They had needed to resort to the journal several times throughout Harry’s school career.

During the previous summer, Harry would only write in the journal. He didn’t speak for four weeks after Cedric had been killed because he blamed himself for what had happened in the cemetery.

Severus then immediately thought back to Harry’s second year.

The Polyjuice incident. He had been so angry with his child that he couldn’t speak to him for several days because he had been afraid he would lose his temper. Finally, Harry had written in his journal to him, telling him all of his fears concerning the Chamber of Secrets and the two had been able to talk about everything.

Then his son had gone down into the Chamber and risked his life for Ginny Weasley.

But, even now, he could not blame his son for wanting to save the girl. He had been smitten with Ginny Weasley since he was three years old and Molly had had to watch Harry for him for a month while he was off searching for Potion ingredients. The two had slept in the same toddler bed the entire time.

How ironic. Severus thought to himself.

Once, it had been…what had Molly said? Cute. It had been cute to see the two cuddled up together in sleep.

Severus would never have used the word ‘cute’. It wasn’t his style.

And the fact that his son was really smitten with the young Weasley girl now… well, it definitely wasn’t cute and his son would have him to answer to if he ever found them cuddled together in sleep.

It was dangerous.

Those obnoxious hormones his son was feeling could easily get him and the young Miss Weasley into trouble.

No. Severus refused to let that happen. Obviously, it was time to have another talk with the boy.

Ugh. Severus groaned to himself. His son was going to be the death of him yet.

Perhaps he could deage his son.

That was it. He could deage the fifteen year old monstrosity that was his son to eleven.

Yes. Harry had still only thought of girls as friends then. They were no different than his friends who were male.

If only it was that easy.

Severus stood up and went to wake his son. They were going to have to talk sooner or later, and now seemed as good a time as any.

~*~*~*~*~Twelve Days of Christmas~*~*~*~*~

Harry was not as angry today as he had been the day before. He knew that his Dad had calmed down after reading his journal because he always did so he wasn’t even really all that nervous.

Harry looked across the table at Severus and mentally urged him to say something.

Apparently Severus got the hint.

“Son. I understand more than you think. And before you say anything, I actually do remember being your age. I also remember that all teenage boys have feelings that sometimes…”

“DAD!” Harry yelled, pushing his chair back. He knew exactly where this was going.

“Harry, it is only natural that you have…” Severus cleared his throat uncomfortably, “…urges when you are with Miss Weasley…”

“Bloody hell, Dad! This isn’t about…THAT!” Harry said, turning red.

“Harrison Snape! You don’t even know what I am trying to say as you keep interrupting me! Young man, if you want to be ungrounded before the holidays are over…”

“Dad! No! I know what you are trying to talk about…we had this talk when I was twelve! I don’t need it again! Ginny and I aren’t doing….THAT! I am leaving!”

“Young man, you will not put one foot outside of this room…”

“Oh yes I will! I am going to put one foot in front of the other and leave! I am going outside for some fresh air! I don’t care what you say!” Harry said, raising his voice to a level that was dangerous to his health because his father was so close.

Severus watched his son leave.

The bloody brat was going to be grounded for the rest of his life.

And Severus was positive he could create a safe deaging potion before the holidays.

“One…Two…Three…Four…”

Severus counted under his breath before he, too, got up and put one front in front of the other to find his son.

He had never felt more ready for the holidays to be over.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2716