Twelve Days of Christmas by lirio de amor
Summary: Harry Snape is in trouble twelve days before Christmas for misbehaving in school...will his Holidays go as planned, or has he mucked it all up with his father?

Based on the Challenge ~12 Days of Christmas~ by Kai
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Profanity
Prompts: 12 Days of Christmas
Challenges: 12 Days of Christmas
Series: Twelve Days of Christmas and Other Holiday Stories With the Snapes
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 11985 Read: 55183 Published: 16 Dec 2011 Updated: 04 Jan 2012
December 20: ~Deck the Halls~ by lirio de amor

Harry stood in the corner waiting for his Dad. It was now well past midnight and he was nervous. He knew that everything was fixing to come to a head and he didn’t want his father to be angry with him.

Though, it was a bit late for that, as Severus Snape was pissed at the current moment.

Why, Harry thought to himself, had he be so stubborn and hardheaded?

Of course, though he would never tell his Dad, he was sorry…but mainly because it had all finally caught up to him.

He heard the Floo and flinched.

He heard the nearly silent footsteps of his father and actually wanted to hide.

“Come and sit down, Harry. We need to have a talk.” With this, Harry felt a shiver go down his spine and was not able to make himself turn around immediately.

“Come, Harry. I am not…as angry…as I was earlier. That does not mean that I am not still upset; however, I believe that you and I need to talk about this, despite the time.”

Harry swallowed nervously. He wasn’t afraid of his Dad…just…he hated the disappointment in his voice.

Finally, Harry turned around and looked at Severus, and then slowly walked over to the couch to sit down, immediately bringing his knees up to his chest, wrapping his arms around them, and then placing his chin on top of his knees.

Severus looked at Harry. He knew from experience that the way Harry was sitting meant that the boy had something to tell him, and that he was worried.

“You have something to tell me.” Severus droned out, sitting in his favorite armchair directly in front of Harry.

Harry looked at his father, surprised. It never ceased to amaze him, the fact that his father knew so much.

“Yea…I suppose I do.” Harry said, flushing bright red, looking at his shoes.

Severus sighed.

“Talk to me, son.”

Harry tightened his hold.

“Dad, can’t it wait until after Christmas? You’re gonna be so mad at me.” Harry told him, though never looked up.

“Going, not gonna, and no. I want this behind us. We don’t get to spend enough time together as it is, and you and I have been at odds since we got here. I refuse to let this go any farther.” Severus told him.

Harry nodded.

“Yes, sir. I suppose I have a lot to tell you then.”

“Then I suppose you should begin talking, else we will be here all night.”

Harry nodded. He wanted so badly to just get this behind him.

“Well, I guess I should start by telling you that everything isn’t about Ginny, but she does have a lot to do with it. Everything kinda started in October. That was when I got the first detention from Umbridge…the one where she told you I yelled at her during class and you made me write that essay on not attracting the attention of people of questionable intent.

Well, she after that detention with her, Ginny and I spent the night in the Room of Requirement. I was trying to avoid Ron and Hermione. We were walking back to our common room at about five in the morning when Umbridge spotted us. She gave us both detention, but told me that she had a special lesson to teach me…I thought about telling you, but then she said that she would just keep it between the two of us.

About the middle of November, I kinda, mostly stopped doing my homework for History of Magic because I didn’t have time to work on it anymore. I had detention with her three days a week and I was lying to you trying to hide the fact I had it…you know, since you have that rule that if I get over five detentions a term then I am grounded to our quarters. That was when the lies really started. I bet if I had a knut for every lie I told you this…errrr…never mind about that, Dad. It’s just…”

“Mr. Snape, you are beginning to ramble. What…exactly…did Umbridge assign for you during these detentions that caused you to really tell me all of these…lies?” Severus said slowly.

Severus knew that his son was hiding something.

He was rambling. He was fidgeting. He rubbed his left hand every single time that he said Umbridge’s name.

Severus decided to change his tactics.

“Tell me, son, when do you want to decorate the Christmas tree and put up the rest of the decorations around the house? It is nearly Christmas after all.”

Harry stared at his father.

“Wh…what?”

“Christmas, child. It is in five days. We have to get the house ready.”

“Well…yea…”

“However, we have to get this situated first. Will you be punished for your lies and the little stunt you just pulled with Miss Weasley? Of course. You know me better than that. Will it ruin Christmas? No, because I will not allow it too. Will you and I get over it? Of course. But, Harry, I have to know what is going on with you. It is my job as a parent to take control of the situation and to fix it. Now. Tell me, what did Umbridge make you do during detention?” Severus said.

His voice was not harsh. It was firm, but at the same time it was comforting to Harry. That was the exact moment that Harry realized that he had missed the protection that his Dad provided…when he knew what was going on.

“Dad…please don’t be mad…”

Severus’ eyebrows  rose with those words.

Harry picked up his left hand and stared at the top of it, concentrating for several moments.

At first, Severus was not sure what Harry was doing.

But then the glamour fell.

“What the BLOODY HELL!” Severus bellowed the second he saw the top of Harry’s hand…

The flesh was scarred.  I shall not tell lies.

 

Severus grabbed the hand in front of him and studied it.

“She used a Blood Quill on you? She used a Blood Quill on my son?”

Severus stared at the hand in front of him, then placed it back on Harry’s knee. He got up and left, leaving Harry alone and confused.

But only for a moment.

Severus walked back into the room and sat down. He had two jars in his hand.

“Give me your had.” He said tightly.

He took the extended hand and lightly rubbed a thick, blue potion onto the scars.

“This will pull out any dark magic from the Quill. The Quill is a Dark Artifact. Forbidden. The next potion is a salve. It will fade the scars. Over time they will be nearly nonexistent. Harry…”

“I’m sorry, Dad…”

“Yes. As am I. Son, you cannot keep things like this from me. I cannot protect you if you do! Even if you think that I will be angry…I will get over it. You, Harry, you, are the number one thing in my life. You come first. Do not keep secrets like this from me.”

Severus continued to gently rub in the second potion, the salve.

He looked down at the scars.

“I am going to bloody deck the halls with her entrails when I get my hands on her!” Severus bellowed.

Harry felt a sudden rush of emotions.

He felt happiness because his Dad finally knew the truth.

He felt nervous because he was afraid that he had lost his father’s trust.

But, most of all, he felt love.

Because his Dad was going to take of everything.

So, Harry could not help but allow the small hint of a smile to grace his face.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2716