Never Forget by HPSSFan
Summary: He never forgot what that man did for him, but how can one event change his entire life forever, and how can he live with himself when he knows that it was his fault?
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Draco, Ginny, Hermione, James Sirius, Lily, Lily Luna, Luna, Arthur, Molly, Neville, Other, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Character Death, Profanity, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 40208 Read: 46550 Published: 29 Dec 2011 Updated: 31 Mar 2012
Questioning The Death Eaters by HPSSFan
Author's Notes:
Had to fix a few details, so here it is brand new and correct.

Harry was awake before anyone else and he was out of the house, on his way to work, before the sun came up. The first stop of the day would be The Ministry of Magic. Harry walked up to the Head Auror’s office and knocked on the door.

“Come in.” A gruff voice called.

Harry walked into the office and sat in front of a large oak desk, much like the one Dumbledore sat behind when Harry was at school.

“Harry, how are you doing?” Dawlish asked.

“I am doing fine, sir. I was wondering if I could speak to you about something.”

“What is on your mind, Harry?” Dawlish questioned, turning to Harry.

“I think that Neville Longbottom and Andromeda Tonks require protecting.”

“What leads you to believe that?”

“Well, I was doing some digging into the family histories of those who were killed by Yaxley since he broke out. The families are related in some way to people who played a major role is the War.”

“Who else is related to them?” Dawlish inquired with a curious look in his eyes.

“The only people that are alive are those two and the Weasley family. I understand if you won’t allow it, but I would like to continue working on this case.”

“I am not going to pull you off of this case. I need everyone on it. What is the next thing you think we should do?”

It was rare that Dawlish asked someone for an opinion on the case, so Harry took the opportunity.

“I think we should question the death eaters that are sitting in Azkaban. They may know something about how Yaxley escaped and what he is planning next.”

“Then round up your team and head over there. I will make sure that those people get protected right away.”

“Yes, Sir.” Harry said as he stood.

Harry was almost to the door when Dawlish called his name, causing him to turn to his boss.

“Harry, I see very bright things in your future if you stay with MLE. Now go and gather your team.”

Harry did just that. When they got to Azkaban, Harry assigned his men two death eaters to question. Harry picked Rookwood and Rodolphus Lestrange. Rookwood was fairly compliant but he knew very little information. Rodolphus Lestrange was a problem though. Lestrange was apart of the inner circle and would most likely still be anti-potter. Harry entered the room where Lestrange was waiting, placing a file folder and a glass of water on the table.

“I thought I’d never have to see you again, Potter.”

“Believe me when I say that the feeling is mutual, Lestrange.”

“Well, what do you want?” Lestrange asked, his voice full of contempt.

“Yaxley?” Harry asked

“Ah yes, the second man to escape from a supposedly escaped proof jail.” Lestrange jeered.

“Did you know that Yaxley was an animagus?”

“No, I had no idea.” A smile crept across his face, but Harry ignored it.

“Did you know that he was planning on breaking out?”

“No.”

“Did you know that he was planning on murdering six people?”

“Not that I can recall.”

“So you had no knowledge, whatsoever, that Yaxley was planning on escaping jail or planning to murder three muggles and three muggleborns?”

“Ah, he’s killing mud bloods. Is he?”

“Don’t use that name?” Harry yelled.

Harry was trying his best to not allow Lestrange to get to him, but it wasn’t working very well.

“That’s right.” Lestrange said, leaning forward. “I forgot that your mother was a filthy mud blood.” Lestrange spat at Harry. Harry in response picked Lestrange out of his chair and slammed him against the wall.

“Don’t you dare bring my mother into this conversation” Harry shouted.

“She didn’t even fight back.” Lestrange said, laughing. “She was in Gryffindor and she wasn’t brave enough to fight back. She just sat there and accepted her fate. Your dad wasn’t brave either, but at least he had a wand in his hand. He would have made a good death eater but instead he joined the bloody order of the phoenix. If you hadn’t interfered, we would have succeeded in ridding the wizarding world of mud bloods, blood traitors and halfbloods.”

“Would you kill two of your own to complete that mission?” Harry asked.

“Voldemort and his followers were pure blood through and through.”

“Now see, that is where you are wrong. You had two among your ranks who were halfbloods.”

“You’re wrong!”

“No, I’m not. Severus Snape, who was Voldemort’s right hand man, was a halfblood. His father was a muggle and his mother was a witch.”

“Severus Snape was a coward.”

“At least he didn’t run off like Igor Karkaroff.”

“He ran off because he betrayed his lord. Karkaroff sealed his own fate.”

“It’s funny that you mentioned Voldemort because he was a halfblood himself.”

Lestrange’s eyes narrowed at Harry, but Harry could see the shock behind them.

“Everyone says that Slytherin is all about pureblood. I wonder what he would say if he found out that his heir was halfblood.”

“Lies!” Lestrange hissed, spitting at Harry once again.

“That’s where you are wrong. Now you are going to answer my questions or I will send you to the dementors myself.” Harry said, throwing Lestrange back into the chair that he had occupied. Harry walked to the other side of the table, wiping the spit off of his face. “Did you know that he was planning to escape?” Harry asked in a forceful voice.

“Yes. We all knew about it.”

“Did you know that he was planning on killing people?”

“No. Today is the first time I am hearing about it.”

Harry was unsure if he was telling the truth, but Snape’s words came back to him from the night before.

“The death eaters knew what the others were doing.” Snape had said.

He could be telling the truth, but there was no way to find out if he was.

“We are done here.” Harry said, grabbing his file folder and glass of water.

Harry was just about to open the door when he heard Lestrange speak.

“Potter.” He called.

Harry turned around and walked back to the table.

“Is there something else I should know?” Harry questioned, leaning forward with his hands on the table.

“When you find Yaxley…” Lestrange spoke while leaning forward. “make sure that you kill him.”

“Why is that?” Now Harry and Lestrange were so close to each other they could touch noses if one of them moved.

“Because he is the reason that I am here and the Malfoys are dead.”

Both men stared at each other for a little while longer and Lestrange was the first to move. He leaned back in his chair with a smirk across his face. Harry gathered his things once again and left the room.

“I’m done.” He told the guards.

Harry walked back to the conference room where his team would meet him when they were done. Since Harry was the first one back, he began to pour over the file in his hand. His entire team was back within twenty minutes and they returned to the Ministry. Harry sat down at his desk to eat lunch, but he didn’t eat. He closed his eyes trying to stop the headache that was pounding away in his brain.

Something was wrong and Harry could do nothing about it.

The End.
End Notes:
It's a little short, but I thought a cliffhanger was needed here.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2732