Never Forget by HPSSFan
Summary: He never forgot what that man did for him, but how can one event change his entire life forever, and how can he live with himself when he knows that it was his fault?
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Draco, Ginny, Hermione, James Sirius, Lily, Lily Luna, Luna, Arthur, Molly, Neville, Other, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Character Death, Profanity, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 40208 Read: 46548 Published: 29 Dec 2011 Updated: 31 Mar 2012
Anger and Similarities by HPSSFan

Ginny was dead. Snape could see that and he knew that this would be the outcome. Snape had been stunned and knocked to the ground. He jumped up as soon as he saw the spell hit her and continued the fight. Yaxley was very easy to take down. Snape wanted to help Harry and Ginny, but he knew that it would do no good. The wounds would never heal and Snape knew that.

Harry’s cries pierced the night. The rain couldn’t seem to fall any faster, but somehow they did. Snape walked over to Harry, who was rocking back and forth while holding Ginny’s body. Kneeling down, Snape placed a hand on Harry’s shoulder. The boy did not look up. Snape reached down, gently closing Ginny’s eyes.

“Harry….Harry, she’s gone. You need to let go.” Snape whispered as he carefully pried Ginny’s cold body from Harry and placed her on the ground.

Harry spoke to Snape, still holding Ginny’s hand.

“How did he know that spell?” Harry questioned, but he did not make eye contact with Snape.

“I do not know.” Snape questioned in response.

“You lie!” Harry shouted, letting go of Ginny’s hand and standing up. “There is only one other person who knew that spell and he’s standing right in front of me. Did you teach them that spell?”

“So what if I did?” Snape argued, standing up to meet Harry. “It doesn’t change anything. Ginny is still dead. What does it matter?”

“Then you may as well have killed her!” Harry shouted and punched Snape in the jaw.

Harry turned quickly and storm towards Yaxley. He was going to kill the bastard who took his wife from him. Harry was standing right over Yaxley, ready to kill him, when there were two quick bangs and a woosh of a spell as Harry fell to the ground.

Snape knew that the boy was going to punch him. He was angry and sad, but Snape didn’t expect the punch to be so hard. He was slowly getting to his hands and knees when Harry went storming away. Snape spat blood out of his mouth and turned to watch Harry approach an unconscious Yaxley. There was a flash of sliver and two loud bangs that followed.

Yaxley raised his arm just high enough so that Snape could see it. Harry, who was standing over Yaxley had curled up, clutching his stomach like he had been punched. When the second bang came, Harry’s arms flayed around as he fell. A look of surprise was plastered on his face. The two bangs could only mean one thing: Yaxley had just hit Harry with a contraption that the muggles know as a gun. As Harry fell to the ground, Snape whipped out his wand and, with lighting fast accuracy, shot another stunning spell at Yaxley. Snape stood up and ran toward the pair. He kicked the gun out of Yaxley’s hand and gave him a swift kick to the head, for good measure. He was now for sure going to be unconscious until help came.

Snape turned to Harry as his vision got darker. Something was not right. Harry had managed to fall about five feet from Yaxley and Snape went to kneel by him. The boy still had that look of surprise on his face, but now it was mixed with fear. His breathing was heavy and labored which caused Snape to look at Harry’s chest. Two bullets had caught Harry in the chest and they were very close to the heart.

Snape placed a hand over the wounds, trying to staunch the blood. Snape’s vision got even darker when he applied more pressure. It was not a problem with Snape, it was Harry. He was dying and if Harry died, then so would Snape. Snape; however, was not going to allow it.

“Harry, I need you to stay awake. Why don’t you tell me about Ginny?”

“What about her?” Harry whispered. His voice was mixed with sadness and contempt for the man who was helping him.

“Tell me anything that comes to mind.” Snape replied before looking around for help.

“Ginny…..Ginny to me is like Lily to you. The only difference is that I didn’t push her away. I guess she has become even more like Lily because I’ve lost her now.” Harry explained in a very soft whisper.

Snape did not expect that answer at all. He could not dwell on it, though, because Harry’s eyes shut suddenly.

“Harry…Harry, you need to wake up!” Snape shouted while shaking the boy in his arms.

Snape’s vision was going away and so was the strength that he had left. Harry was not going to wake up, Snape knew that much. They were both going to die if help did not come soon. Snape placed Harry on the ground as he began to feel light headed. He was about to fall over onto the ground.

“I’m sorry Lily.” Snape whispered before he became dead to the world.

The End.
End Notes:
I know that this was kind of a short chapter, but I hope that you enjoyed it.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2732