Family Counts by garfield090684
Summary: Harry and Ron take the flying car to Hogwarts for their second year of school to encounter an angry Snape and shortly after an unimpressed Molly Weasley. With petrified students occuring having to encounter giant spiders and a basilisk can things get worse? Snape discovers he is Harrys dad how does he take to this news and what about Harry? Watch for a few new romantic couples. Harry/Ron and Ginny/Hermione
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: Arthur, Dumbledore, Ginny, Hermione, McGonagall, Molly, Ron, .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Family, Horror, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Romance/Slash
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 37246 Read: 90119 Published: 06 Apr 2012 Updated: 13 Apr 2012
With a little help from my friends by garfield090684

Snape was unaware of the happenings in the chamber as he was forcing himself to find answers to help solve the mystery of what he could be facing within the chamber. Lucius Malfoy, a man used to giving orders and maintaining a certain dignity in his behaviour and mannerisms at all times was not a man that could be easily manipulated. Nor were there many who were trusted enough to enter the Malfoy manor or to maintain a friendship with the Malfoy family. Snape, being the dignified and distinguished gentleman that he could be, had not only managed to be someone that the Malfoy’s could trust but also become Narcissa and Lucius’ first choice for godparent of their most precious commodity, their son, Draco. It was through his knowledge of this that he opened to find some answers and to rescue that silly Weasley girl, what she had done to even become entangled with such dark creatures Severus didn’t know, but what he did know was that the darkness usually does not pick out one single person (and not a mass of people) for no reason. A mass of people? Now that was something different. Voldemort himself liked to cause havoc amongst a mass of people as it was the quickest and easiest way to make a name for yourself. That is why, up until his discovery of his son, Severus preferred life as a solitary person. Finding out why the Weasley girl had become involved and what could have happened to her was something that Severus hoped to be able to get from the senior Malfoy, but he had to be quite cunning to get his answer as Lucius would not be willing to part with it easily. Which is why he had brought some veritaserum in his back pocket for in case he got desperate.

“To what do I owe this surprised visit?” Lucius stated as Severus came marching through his fireplace.

“As welcome as you always are to be here Severus,” Narcissa added.

Severus merely stared at Lucius and stated, “my attendance here has become quite plain to see Lucius, I wish to discuss matters that concern your son, Draco.”

“Well why don’t you come and have a sip of Blazart with me Severus and we shall discuss it further,” Lucius stated “Dobby,”

“Yes Master?” Dobby said appearing in mid air and bowing low to Lucius,

“Get up you stupid elf, bring us some buzzard now,” Lucius stated “and remember you made a mess of the den, clean it and deal with it.”

“Yes Master Malfoy, right away sir!” Dobby whimpered as he disappeared. Reappearing a second later with three beautiful wine glasses full of the expensive wizarding alcohol and then disappeared again.

“Come into the den with me Severus and we shall discuss it further,” Lucius said offering his friend a drink. Narcissa remained sitting in the lounge room in front of the fireplace.

It wasn’t unusual for Lucius to leave Narcissa out of certain pieces of information, finding that it needed to be sacred men’s business and he would therefore be more likely to open up if Severus just went along with his medieval methods.

Seated in the den Lucius took a sip of his bluzzard before looking at Severus “So tell me, what matters do you wish to discuss Severus.”

Severus started thinking quickly, “Since Draco has started putting more and more focus into his quidditch his academic abilities have begun to slide ever so slowly and I couldn’t allow for this to continue as I know you wish for him to exceed his fellow students and achieve only the best status in later life.”

“Oh Severus, thank you for coming to me with this news,” Lucius stated as he took another large sip out of his bluzzard, “I shall deal with the boy when I next see him, is there anything else you wish to discuss with me?”

Severus spoke about general chit chat, how he was managing some how to cope with a new group of dunderhead students every year and yet somehow managed to get most of them to pass his subject. How Dumbledore seemed to be losing his touch and how intelligent it was for Lucius to help the other governers to see sense to have him removed. Of course Severus didn’t think that way of Dumbledore but he knew that Lucius did and if he wanted him to divulge any information to him he needed to allow for him to believe that he thought the moves made by Lucius were quite intelligent and righteous. Lucius smiled as he continued to sip his bluzzard and asked for another glass. This was good, Severus realised, as Lucius was already through one glass, another would most certainly allow him to start to slip his lip. Maybe even admit to all of the happenings in the chamber.

Another twenty minutes later and he was right. “Speaking of books Severus I did something that you would be quite proud of this year,” he stated laughing, “When I took Draco to get his supplies earlier this year I happened to have on my possession an old notebook of Tom Riddles, anyway...when I was looking at a book of Ginny Weasley’s it seemed it simply disappeared. I didn’t think much of it after all the Weasley family need all the hand outs that they can get!” He laughed looking at Severus who forced himself to join in with the merriment. Although it sickened him to do so.

“Of course,” Lucius Malfoy stated taking another long sip of bluzzard, “last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened a girl died. They said they found her in a bathroom. I wonder who is going to die this time. Long live the dark lord!” he raised his glass and Severus, forced himself to raise his in return and to smile to illicit the reaction expected from the man.

“Well Severus, I think we should conclude our business here, come back again tomorrow and we shall discuss more of what to do with Draco,” Lucius ordered.

Severus was used to this from the man, especially after he started getting stuck into his bluzzard of a night, the next day he will have forgotten that he asked for Severus to come at all, but he would come anyway just for in case he remembered, like he did one time...once...over how many of thousands of times that he didn’t. Severus sighed as he stood to leave, at least he could do one thing, go and speak with Myrtle, maybe she would know more. “With Narcissa I hope?” Severus asked.

“Don’t get too keen on her Severus,” Lucius joked, “she’s taken!”

Severus remained silent, whether he snorted (which he wished he could do) or simply said that he wasn’t interested, either way would make the other man angry in his state of intoxication. So Severus simply stated, “I should say goodbye before I leave,” he said. Lucius escorted him back to the fireplace where Snape returned to his study feeling frustrated from his visit, like he always did, and curious as to whether Myrtle had any more information for him. He headed for the bathroom. Draco would survive a bit more of Lucius’ input into his studies, particularly with his friends being the likes of Crabbe and Goyle!!

Snape raced into the bathroom to talk to Myrtle to find out just what he was to face in the bathroom when he noticed a giant hole, he had never seen before. He walked towards it shielding himself from unwanted magic as he did so.

“He’s down there you know,” Myrtle said appearing out of a nearby cubicle.

“Harry?” Snape questioned, but somehow, his instincts told him that it was true, for who else would have the audacity to go searching for answers in just this manner.

Myrtle giggled, “yup, he has a teacher with him and another boy.”

“How long have they been down there Myrtle?” Snape asked.

“I don’t know,” Myrtle said, “what did you expect me to do..time them?” she shrieked and disappeared into the nearest toilet.

Snape sighed..he had never been able to manage to get much logic out of that particular ghost. He called down “Harry..are you ok? Harry?”

“Yes I’m fine,” came the response, “but I can’t get out!”

Stupid boy, only Harry bloody Potter...no that’s not right...it can’t be...that’s his son down there! And he had to do something to save him. Yes Harry Snape would live if he had any say about it! Severus Snape took a step back from the hole before raising his wand high above his head. As much as he hated to ever call for help, his need to protect and rescue his son took precedence over any other thought as he called forth his patronis. Hoping that McGonagall would see it and know it was his. Not the smartest plan in the world but he was simply not willing to let his son die inside the chamber. Without another thought he leaped into the hole to at least be able to put himself physically between his son and his friends and the beast within the chamber. At least that way the worst they could become was petrified for Severus would not allow for the beast to get a dead on gaze on the children. McGonagall was after all one of the top transfiguration masters which had earned her several medals in her field and gained the respect of much of the Hogwarts staff.

McGonagall came bursting through the door seeing Severus disappear inside the hole to the chamber. “Severus? I saw your patronis, what can I do to help?”

“We need a rock wall Minerva, so we can climb back through! The surface of this entrance, is pipe, and much too slippery to climb back up,” he stated bluntly although he had not even tried putting a foot on the pipe. Knowing the speed at which he came soaring down to where Harry was it was not possible for it to be Snape was also casting the very finest of protection spells that he knew to ward the area from the possibly intruding beast paying little to no attention to Harry saying “but the beast is nice I swear, she isn’t going to hurt us!” Figuring the boy must have spent a little too much time with Hagrid already and the effects had started to rub off.

Everybody watched the pipe as it slowly started to grow bumps, rocks were growing out of the side.

“This is just like magic!” Lockhart stated impressed as an enchanted rope hit him in the head.

“Maybe it’ll knock some sense into you Gilderoy,” Snape smirked, “come on everybody up the rope!”

Ron grabbed hold of a nearby knott on the road, standing on it and it moved like an elevator lifting him to the top.

“Go on Harry, I have to make sure that this twit makes it back up,” Snape stated indicating Lockhart.

Harry stood on the rope like Ron had done and was also lifted to the top. That just left Gilderoy and Snape. Snape took Gilderoy’s wrist and said “I need you to hold the rope and don’t let go or you will fall and I shall not be coming back down to find what parts of you are left uncrushed by the beast understood?”

Gilderoy nodded as Snape put a knott of the rope into his hands and secured his ankles to the rope for extra security with a transfigured snake skin (to ensure no breakage as he was lifted out of the chamber). Then Snape stood on the rope holding tight and they were all out of the chamber and back in the bathroom.

“Close it,” Snape said looking at Harry, he obeyed.

“Harry! We’re safe!!! We’re free! This is so great!” Ron said dancing around merrily and hugging his friend.

But one look from Snape said something different. “We’re dead...Harry...he’s going to kill us! He brought us up out of the hole so he could kill us!”

Harry slapped his friend clear across the face, “Ron you are being hysterical he is not going to kill us!”

Meanwhile Snape was releasing Lockhart from the rope, “No, as enticing as that idea is Weasley, of never having to deal with your misadventures again, I think that Molly would do a far better job at...convincing you of the callousness of your actions,” he stated.

“I really am dead!” Ron panicked....he knew he was in for it..as soon as his mother found out.

“Office boys,” Snape ordered.

Lockhart hung his head, like a naughty little school boy, as he started to follow Snape to his office, just like the two boys.

“Come with me Gilderoy,” McGonagall stated.

Lockhart didn’t move, Ron jabbed him in the ribs...”that’s you!” he hissed.

“I shall allow for you to deal with these two Severus,” McGonagall stated, “you are after all, a parent now.”

Severus’ mouth opened as did Harry’s..he hadn’t mentioned it to any of the staff so far...oh that meddlesome fool Dumbledore must have done it! He could see him sitting around the staff table speaking about how wonderful he thought it was that Snape finally had a family. He just hoped that his mentors conversation would not have been overheard by any death eaters children or both him and his son would be worst than dead if that news reached the dark lord.

 

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2782