The Great Hogsmeade Caper by Snapegirl
Summary: Harry cuts class and forges Sev's signature on a note for a forbidden afternoon in Hogsmeade with Draco. But will they succeed or will their plans go awry? Slytherin Harry, Never Again series, AU, Healer! Snape.
Categories: Parental Snape > Stepfather Snape, Healer Snape Main Characters: Draco, Original Character, .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking
Challenges: None
Series: Never Again!
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 12295 Read: 26057 Published: 20 Apr 2012 Updated: 27 Apr 2012
Succeeding by Snapegirl
Author's Notes:
A/N: Originally, I had thought to end this story a chapter before, but decided to show Draco's side of the story and also the Quidditch match.

When Severus brought Lexy back to school, their trip to Hogsmeade had been a wonderful success, with Severus getting to spend some quality father-daughter time with his eldest girl, as well as buying her a few sweets and a new journal with peacock quill, he found Narcissa in the Entrance Hall. The ex-wife of Lucius Malfoy looked quite anxious and had been pacing up and down.

"Severus, thank Merlin I caught you before you left," she said upon seeing the Master Healer. "Draco is very ill. I came down here to lecture and punish him for skipping class and as I was in the middle of scolding him he . . . started vomiting and broke out in hives! It must have been something he ate, please can you examine him?"

"Certainly. Where is he, in the Hospital Wing?"

"Yes, but Poppy is out and I was hoping you would come back to the castle so you could take a look at him." Narcissa fretted.

"Harry also became sick to his stomach from eating too many sweets," Severus informed her. "But this sounds more like an allergic reaction. I'll know more when I examine him."

"Poor Draco. Will he be okay, Dad?" asked Lexy, her anger at her friend subsiding.

"I'm sure it's not too serious, Lexy. But I'm going to need privacy to examine him, so why don't you go and amuse yourself for awhile?"

"Okay, but don't forget to tell me how he is," his daughter said. While she was concerned over Draco, she also knew he was in good hands, since her dad was the best Healer anywhere.

"I will, now get!" Severus ordered, sending her off with a gentle tap on the bottom. He turned to Narcissa as they walked up to the Hospital Wing. "Did he complain of any other symptoms? Dizziness, shortness of breath?"

"No. He did look sort of pale, but . . . I thought it was because he was anxious over my punishment. I put him on restriction till the end of the term and I was even going to spank him, I was so mortified, but now . . . Could he be allergic to chocolate, Severus?"

"Possibly, though it could also have been something in the chocolate," Severus said.

He found Draco lying in one of the infirmary beds, his face and arms covered in large red spots. His eyes were puffy as well, though he could still see out of them. The boy looked miserable, but brightened a little when he saw Narcissa and Severus. "Mum, you found him! Healer Sev, I don't know what's wrong with me."

"It looks like you have an allergy, Draco. As well as a bad case of indigestion. Have you vomited since the first time?" Severus queried gently, drawing his wand. He cast a standard diagnostic, which revealed indigestion and hives. He quickly enlarged his potions kit and gave the boy a Stomach Soother.

"No. But I'm really itchy and hot and my eyes feel strange."

"You have a bit of swelling about your eyes, probably from the allergy." Severus told him. Then he cast another spell, one that specifically tested for allergies, and discovered that Draco was allergic to whatever the Nauseating Nougat had been made from, not the chocolate he'd eaten at Honeydukes. The reaction to it had been delayed because Draco had eaten chocolate after taking it.

Draco groaned. "I knew I shouldn't have eaten that stuff."

"Why did you?" asked Narcissa.

Draco looked ashamed. "Cause I was stupid and wanted to cut History of Magic."

Narcissa sighed. "Severus, how will you treat this?"

"An injection of Anti-Allergen Elixir to take down the swelling and redness and some salve to quiet the itching," answered the Healer, removing a syringe from his kit and various other items. He drew the curtains around the bed, giving them a measure of privacy, and set a ward also.

He cast a disinfecting charm on his hands and pulled on a set of sterile gloves.

Draco's eyes widened as he saw the syringe in Severus' hands. "You're going to give me a shot? Why?"

"Because the Anti-Allergen potion works best this way. It will bring down the swelling and hives much quicker." Severus explained.

"Aww . . . I hate needles!"

"Most people do. Turn over, Draco. This needs to go in your bottom."

The boy gulped, but obeyed, muttering, "I'd rather get spanked."

Severus used a wandless charm to take Draco's pants down, then gently swabbed the area, the boy already had hives forming. "Relax, child. It only stings for a minute," he soothed, for Draco was tensing up. He gently inserted the needle.

"Ow!" Draco yelped. "That hurt!"

"Done." Severus banished the syringe, then said. "Lie still. I'm going to put the salve on now. That way the itching won't drive you mad." He took the jar of salve and began to calmly rub it all over the Chaser's bottom, thighs, and back.

Draco sighed in relief, for the cream was cool and soothing, banishing the terrible itching and heat. Once he was done, he quickly pulled his pajama bottoms on.

Severus had him sit up and remove his shirt so he could apply the salve to the boy's chest and shoulders, face, and arms. "Are you starting to feel a little better?"

"Yeah," Draco said. He looked at the curtain. "Healer Sev, are you still mad at Harry?"

"Not very much any longer. What you both did was very foolish, but no father stays angry at his son forever. Especially not when he's sick from his own folly." Severus replied.

"Harry's sick too? Like me?"

"No, he merely has indigestion," Severus answered. "Are you worried that your mother won't forgive you?"

"Well, she was mad as blazes at me, sir. I was sure she was going to wallop me with the slipper until I sicked up all over her shoes. I guess this is what I get for trying to get out of class. She was really upset, she probably thinks I'm going to end up like my father." Draco said, hanging his head. Draco had never known Lucius, but he knew his reputation and that he had nearly killed Severus.

Severus gently lifted the boy's chin. "Lucius Malfoy did a lot worse than cut class and sneak out to Hogsmeade during school. I know, for I was in school with him for a time. You might be your father's son, Draco, but you are not your father. You are not destined to become a dark wizard, child. You can make your own choices and learn from your mistakes. Your mother loves you, Draco, and she knows that you're a better person than Lucius."

"Does she? Even when I do stupid things like this?" Draco asked, sniffling.

Severus handed him a handkerchief. "Even then. All of us make mistakes, Draco. The trick is to learn from them. We were all young and foolish once. Here, put your shirt on."

Draco pulled on his shirt and lay back down. He felt a lot better now after his little talk. Sometimes not having a father sucked. But at least Healer Snape was considerate enough to answer his questions. "Will I have to take any more potions or get more needles?"

"No. You can avoid this allergic reaction by not eating anymore of that nougat."

"I will, believe me," Draco promised.

Severus cancelled the ward and drew back the curtains. "Narcissa, he should be fine in a few hours. Let him stay in bed, rest, and drink plenty of liquids. Sometimes the Anti-Allergin can make you drowsy, so he might sleep."

Narcissa looked very relieved. "Thank Merlin! I nearly had heart failure." She walked over and ran her hand down Draco's hair. By now the illusion charm had worn off and he was blond again. "Don't ever scare me again like that, Draco!"

"Sorry, Mother."

"I forgive you," she said, then kissed him on the cheek.

"Aww, Mother!" the boy groaned. "Not in front of Healer Sev!"

"I didn't see anything," Severus said, knowing how touchy a boy's pride was at that age. "I need to be getting back to the office. Perhaps I'll see you at the last Quidditch match?"

"Severus, what do I owe you?" called Narcissa.

"Nothing. I don't charge for sudden emergencies," the Healer answered. Then he left the infirmary, leaving mother and son alone to finish their discussion.

Severus went back to the dungeons to check on Harry, finding the boy asleep still. Severus opted not to wake him, but instead wrote him a note—on his stationary—and said he would be coming down again for the last Quidditch match.

Let's hope you can stay out of trouble till then, Harry. Remember, school before sports.

I love you, scamp.

Dad

Then he left, though not before giving his son a farewell hug, which Harry couldn't protest.

Lexy was in her room, writing in her new journal, when a knock came on the door. "Come in," she called.

Severus opened the door and entered. "I wanted to stop by and tell you that Draco should be recovered by the next morning. All he needed was a shot of Anti-Allergin and some salve to make the hives stop itching. He's going to be fine."

Lexy heaved a sigh of relief. "I was afraid he might have to go to St. Mungos."

"No, his reaction wasn't that serious." Severus reassured her. "I have to be going, I have a whole caseload of patients to see tonight."

"Okay, and thanks, Dad. I had a great time." She slid off her bed and hugged him hard. "Give Mom and Eileen a hug and a kiss from me." Though she had lived in the UK for five years now, she still bore her American accent, among other things.

"I will," Severus kissed her cheek.

"I'll miss you." She snuggled into his robes for a moment. Though Severus was not her biological father, she loved him as if he were. He had adopted her and she considered him her real one, and she adored and respected him the way she never had Dan Chase.

"You'll see me soon, Lexy. Keep your brother in line for me."

"I will. I love you, Dad."

"Love you too, kitten." Then Severus released her and left the castle.

In the weeks that led up to the Quidditch match, both Harry and Draco were in the doghouse with their Housemates. The members of the Quidditch team were so angry that none of them would speak to Harry or Draco for a week, though they learned later that Flint had practically begged Markham to let them play in the last game. When she refused, he went and yelled at Draco and Harry, saying they ought to have their heads banged together for being such idiots.

Feeling bad for letting down their team and their House, Draco and Harry worked extra hard at their studies to try and make up for the points they had lost. Fred and George apologized to Draco for getting him sick, and decided not to sell anymore Nauseating Nougats just in case.

The whole Slytherin Quidditch team practiced extra hours, trying to get ready for the big game. Harry went out to the pitch and gave tips to the Reserve Seeker. Gloria was very nervous, but determined not to let her House down.

"I'm going to try my best, but I still wish you were playing tomorrow instead of me, Harry," she told him. She was small with straight brown hair and blue eyes.

"Me too, but it's my own fault I'm suspended," Harry sighed.

"Was your dad really mad?" she asked curiously. "Did he . . . uh . . .beat you or something?"

"No, of course not! My dad doesn't beat his kids, even if they deserve it," Harry told her. "But he did ground me and take away my broom and I can't play Quidditch. That's worse."

"It is," she agreed. "But at least you can watch the game."

Harry nodded. It was something anyway. "You'll do fine, Glory. Just don't take your eyes off the Snitch."

The day of the championship dawned bright and sunny.

Harry and Draco sat in the stands and waited for the game to begin. Some of their House was still angry with them and made faces at them or rude comments. One loud and obnoxious third year kept shouting, "Potter, you naughty boy, I'll bet your daddy took you over his knee for disgracing him!"

Harry was getting annoyed and turned around to tell the kid to shut up when a deep voice growled, "Enough! Before I tell your father to take you over his knee for being an obnoxious rude brat, Cole Simmons."

The boy immediately shut up as Healer Snape made his way down to sit with Harry and Draco.

"Dad, you made it!" Harry said, turning and hugging him briefly.

"I said I would. Now, let's hope for a Slytherin victory."

The Slytherins all cheered when their players came out on the pitch. Lexy waved at them as she swept by, and Harry yelled, "Knock 'em off their brooms, Lex!"

Lexy grinned and blew Draco a kiss.

Draco blushed red.

"Looks like she's got the hots for you, Malfoy," Harry whispered, finding his sister's attraction to Draco amusing.

"Shut up, Potter!"

"Quit squabbling, boys, and watch the game," Severus ordered.

The match was swift and furious. The Gryffindor team played very well, but Lexy and Jasper were like dervishes, here, there, and everywhere. Their Reserve Chaser, Jenny Malone, Jasper's sister, played the best game of her life, catching the Quaffle and scoring six times. Lexy made goal after goal, assisted by Jasper.

Growing tired of her success, one of the Grffindor Chasers tried to slam her, but she avoided the check by a miracle. But the near collision threw the Slytherin Chasers off and they missed the Quaffle and Gryffindor scored.

Harry was on his feet, yelling, "Foul! Call a penalty, Hooch!" He shook his fist at the Gryffindor Chaser. "You dirty rotten piece of crap! I oughta kick your ass!"

"Harry!" Severus grabbed his son by the back of his robes and pulled him down. "Calm down. She's all right."

"She could have gotten hurt, Dad!"

"I know, and if anything had happened to her, I would have kicked his ass," Severus answered.

The score was tied once more, fifty-fifty. It was now up to the Seekers to break the tie, or the Chasers.

Harry watched Glory carefully as she swooped and dove and prayed she would spot the Snitch before the Gryffindors did. Suddenly, Harry caught sight of the wiged globe just shy of the goal hoops. "Glory," he screamed. "Bogey at two o'clock! Break right!" He had learned that lingo from watching old WWII movies with his grandpa Tobias. And he had taught it to Gloria.

"Say what?" Draco looked bewildered.

But Severus and the small Seeker understood.

Gloria spun her broom and dove on an angle, streaking down like a sky rocket, towards the hovering globe beside the goal post. Before the Snitch could take flight, her outstretched hand grasped it and held it tight.

"Bullseye!" she screamed. "Slytherin wins!" She waved the Snitch above her head as the crowd went wild. Then she turned and blew a kiss at Harry.

"Looks like she's got the hots for you, Potter," Draco teased.

"Stuff it Malfoy!" Then he pounded his friend on the back. "We did it! Slytherin rules!" It was Slytherin's second Quiddtch Cup win in a row.

Everyone was cheering and clapping and Professor Markham looked like she was about to cry, she was so happy. No one had known what to expect with two of their best benched. But they had somehow all pulled together and managed to win spectacularly. It would long be remembered, the year they were "led by Glory" to victory.

When Harry went to congratulate Gloria on her win, she just said modestly, "I would have missed it, if not for you, Harry."

"I just helped a little. You did the catching." Then he marched around waving a Slytherin pennant, grinning from ear to ear. He was happy his House had won, but he couldn't help but feel a tiny bit jealous that he wasn't the one who had brought Slytherin home to win. Then he reminded himself that what counted was Slytherin's winning, and he shouldn't hog the limelight.

He found Lexy and hugged her. "Congratulations, Lex. You were awesome!"

"I'm so happy! I can't believe we won!" she said, hugging him back. "I really didn't think we would. Not without you and Draco."

"You won because you played your best," Draco said, also hugging her.

"And Quidditch is a team sport, Alexis," Severus said, coming up to congratulate her as well. "Right, Harry?"

"Right, Dad," Harry agreed. He was proud of Lexy, and this time he was sure Severus would treat him and Lexy to dinner at Hogsmeade, with no sneaking around necessary.

And so ended the Great Hogsmeade Caper.

The End.
End Notes:
And so we come to the end of this little tale. Please review!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2787