Family Matters by garfield090684
Summary: Harry's new life at Snapes starts. Third year may lead to many surprises for Harry and his father.

All characters are the intellectual property of JK Rowling and no copywrite infringement is meant through the writing of this fanfiction.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Romance/Slash
Prompts: Taken
Challenges: Taken
Series: None
Chapters: 36 Completed: No Word count: 72957 Read: 124456 Published: 27 Apr 2012 Updated: 12 Jul 2013
Strict discipline in the Malfoy home by garfield090684

The Malfoy library was a large circular room with four rows of books surrounding its walls. A large mahogany table and antique chairs placed in the centre of the room which looked to be a hundred years old was covered with papers and a few books neatly stacked in a corner. Snape walked towards the table first looking to see if any of those books were relevant.

"I was working there this morning Severus," Lucius said, "I doubt that Draco would be interested in those books were you Draco?"

"No father," Draco hung his head thinking of how difficult it would be to find the exact book he had been looking at amongst the hundreds of books there. Especially since he was pretty sure the book that he had used had actually come from his father's office!

"Give me you wand Draco, I wish to investigate it," Snape stated thinking of a spell Madam Pince had once done to check which student had an overdue library book.

"Severus, checking the last 10 spells on his wand will make little sense, after all the boy has been receiving private tutorage all summer," Lucius said as he was thinking of the only spell he could which could allow for investigation of another's wand.

"No Lucius, this is another spell I've recently come into contact with, do you mind if I try?" Snape asked gently, he didn't want to reveal the source of this spell because Lucius didn't think of Madam Pince as much more than an overpaid servant. He knew she was a half blood, with a fascination in books and not even a real teacher.

"Sure," Lucius agreed "Draco," Lucius gestured towards Snape.

Draco removed the wand from his pocket and handed it to Snape. He always hated having to give his wand to somebody, even a parental authority figure because it left him unarmed. Even at home he felt safer when his wand was within his reach.

Snape put the wand down on the table and waved his hand over the top of it quietly chanting "aperire librum incantatores"

The wand lifted off the table slowly producing a grey fog and a voice boomed from it, Draco's voice.

"This will get rid of our Potter problem for sure I found it amongst father's dark artifacts when I was snooping in his office," the voice said. Lucius flinched, as if repressing the growing feeling of wanting to turn his son over his knee for a good session with the switch!

Draco, on hearing it, gulped, especially when he noticed his father's glare. Nothing infuriated his father more than when Draco was in his office unannounced, the idea that Draco would sneak in unattended was sure to infuriate him. There was a pause where Draco could hear little more than the beating of his heart.

"OBLITUS HOGWARTS!" then a few seconds later, "reverte ad originem" then a few moments later "oblivisci omnia circumiecta"

Then the wand lay back down on the table, still and silent.

"I know that spellbook Severus, it's still in my study. Draco fetch it and whilst you're at it fetch my paddle!" Lucius stated furious, the boy required punishment but knowing he had already been punished once that day he didn't want to use an implement which could cause the boy long term harm. Whilst Lucius was extremely strict he still loved his boy and wanted to ensure his legacy would live on and that Draco would do the Malfoy name proud.

Draco hung his head as he walked quickly from the room returning and giving both items to his father respectfully. Lucius placed the paddle down on the table next to the book which he opened flipping a few pages.

"This was the book you used Draco?" he asked.

"yes father," Draco said wiping a tear from his eye.

"Good, now take this paddle over to Severus," Lucius commanded handing it to him. He knew that with the anger he was feeling he would not be the best disciplinarian at the moment. However Snape who was a skilled potions master had great control over the strength applied in any situation and he trusted him to dole out discipline to Draco. After all Snape had been his best friend for years, true comrades and Draco's godfather who would never turn his back on the Malfoy legacy. Little did Lucius know that Snape felt that the Malfoys were incredibly stuck up and needed to be taken down a peg or two to be truly accepted in society.

"Lucius, I think the boy has been punished enough!" Snape stated gently, "I know that you are strict with him, but I don't believe in that much discipline!" It was strange that Snape would say that, after all he still came from the old school of thinking and believed that corporal punishment was good for a child. However he also knew that Lucius raised his son in the way all Malfoy's in the past had treated their children.

"Severus, if you do not punish him for the trouble he has deliberately caused then I will!" Lucius yelled grasping Draco's arm threateningly. Draco's heart started to beat very fast because his father always spanked hard when upset with him.

Snape knew that you should never punish a child when you are angry, something that Lucius never failed to ignore. Just like his father. Snape sighed as he picked up the paddle.

"Come here Draco!" he said as he pulled one of the antique chairs out sitting down.

"You have been a disappointment today Draco, for both myself, your father, your family and your school What have you to say for yourself?" Snape said very formally holding the paddle in his hand.

"I'm sorry sir," Draco said looking down.

"Very well then, pants down and over my knee!" Snape demanded, he knew that Draco's session with Lucius would be likely to have caused the boy some slight bruising. He did not want to add to it if he could avoid it. Lucius smiled watching Snape pull down Draco's pants and put him across his knee in what seemed like one solid movement. He opened the spell book and started working through it slowly.

Snape smacked the paddle down quickly but gently against Draco's bottom causing the boy to cry rivers more from the sheer embarrassment of the situation than actual pain. But this reaction pleased Lucius believing that Snape was still a firm disciplinarian. Snape watched where he smacked and that he would not be causing welts or severe bruising like his father's temper might if completely unleashed. Both Narcissa and Snape knew how deep Lucius' temper could go but neither of them allowed for it to be displayed on Draco. Snape spanked Draco's bottom a dark shade of burgundy red, which was not hard considering what the boy had received earlier.

"Now you may rise," Snape stated stroking Draco gently on the back. Draco stayed put crying out the rest of the pain his poor bottom was now feeling.

Snape felt like a mess of emotions. On one hand he wanted to hold his godson and tell him that everything was ok and he was forgiven. He wanted to tell the boy all about Harry and how hard his life was. How important it was to protect and look after him and how they could both be good friends if he just tried. But one look at Lucius told him that he could not do that. He could not trust the Malfoy's to not jeopardise Harry's safety. So he simply put his hand up to Draco's face as a part of helping him stand. He did not want to seem too emotional in front of Lucius but he had always done what he could to show his godson that he cared.

"Let that be a lesson to you son!" Lucius stated firmly as Draco stood rubbing his eyes and pulling back up his trousers with a hiss.

"Is this the spell that you used on Harry?" Lucius asked putting the spell book down on the table in front of him. Draco nodded, "yes sir."

Snape looked over Draco's shoulder at the page.

Nunc oblita

Eustae Agostino first created this spell in 1284 during the time of the great goblin war of 82 which lasted six years. During this time certain individuals, muggle and wizard alike were captured and tortured by Slivicky Pregintward this spell was used when those under her control were released to stop the attacks that were caused through the residue of her magic.

"What does that mean father?" Draco asked curious.

"You don't even know what the spell meant and yet you used it?" Lucius snapped in reply.

But Snape still in teacher mode just responded, "in the 10th to 12th century quite a lot of wizards believed in sourcing power often from inappropriate places" Snape thought like Lord Voldemort but wouldn't dare suggest that alloud, "after being exposed to this kind of magic it left a kind of residue on that person, which could only be lifted by this spell."

Draco was used to the idea of magical residue as the trace put on all wizarding children was merely a more modern version of a similar thing.

This spell was later modified and used to control those that were placed under the imperius. (see imperius curse page 342) Most recently it was used by Lord Voldemort to gain power over the Fremantle estate and to persuade certain powerful persons to join his side.

Warning

Whilst this spell has great success over the waking moments of any victim their dreams are still their own and they are made capable of dream walking. That is an ability to contact those that are closest to them through a grey mist of confusion.

"So THAT's why!" Snape stated causing Lucius and Draco to stare at him, "Dumbledore mentioned having odd dreams lately, which always had grey smoke."

Lucius gave a snort of derision.

This spell is quite difficult to remove as the spell caster must work in combination with those closest to the victim cast circle and using the words "omnes memento nunc" slowly pull the person back from the midst.

After reading that part Snape's heart fluttered. How the hell was he going to get through this without jeopardising Harry's safety?

"Come Draco, we should return to Hogwarts I have an appointment with the headmaster to attend,"Snape stated,

"Go give your mother and father a hug goodbye."

Draco wrapped his arms around Lucius and he patted him on the head saying, "this time behave and we will see you next holidays." His mother wrapped Draco up in her arms stating, "I love you my beautiful son. Behave!" Then walked him to the fireplace and he followed Snape back through to Hogwarts.

"Are you going to talk to the headmaster about what happened?" Draco asked.

"It's family business how you were disciplined Draco, but you read the spell reversal the same as I did, we will have to get the headmaster's help to remove it. Now," Snape walked over to his desk writing a permission to be out of class form, "take this and give it to your second period teacher, you will have to catch up with first period for homework. Go."

Snape watched as his godson took his permission form and walked away down the hallway before putting his hand through his hair in frustration and locking his office door. He was going to have to seek help from Dumbledore. The much needed shower after that visit would have to wait. Snape often felt better after a shower when he had been in an environment that he did not find that comfortable.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2789