The Day he was Pushed too Far by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: Unable to deal with the pain and loss he felt during the third task; Harry slowly startes to fall apart,the others around him oblivious to it all. The loneliness continues to eat him up until one day, Harry finally snaps. Who will be there save him now and help him pick up the pieces?
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Other, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Prompts: Pushed Too Far
Challenges: Pushed Too Far
Series: None
Chapters: 38 Completed: Yes Word count: 76299 Read: 351381 Published: 11 May 2012 Updated: 28 Jun 2014
Chapter 15: Uncle who? by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I needed to give myself a break from the angst,because I'm tired of crying on my keyboard as I write lol

Give it a few chapters it will return. At the moment, here is the next chapter.

Harry stood up a bit wobbly reaching a hand out and was surprised to find Snape looking at him in concern. He shook that thought away as he looked at the blonde on the bed one last time. He would get a surprise like he wouldn’t believe and Harry found himself glad that he would be there to witness the whole thing. He could care less about the wizarding world, they turned on in an instant, and his house showed him that. Hermione had even told him he wasn’t acting like himself, as if she knew who he really was.

A part of him knew that this plan had a few flaws and one slip up could be the end; but he wasn’t focusing on that. At the moment, all he cared about what hurting the people who hurt him first. He was so into his thoughts he didn’t notice that they were at their destination until he bumped into the Headmaster.

“Sorry sir,” Harry replied quietly.

“Quite alright child, come into Severus’s office and we’ll go through with the plan with you.”

Harry nodded before taking a seat, thankful that the door to the classroom was closed. He couldn’t believe that he was still living and though he wish he hadn’t made it he was curious to know how he was going to hide.

“There is a type of potion that would essentially rearrange your features to match that of whoever donated the blood. It’s called a blood potion,” Severus explained.

“So I assume it’s one of you,” Harry said tiredly, still not healed from his near death experience.

“You’ve assumed right Harry, Severus has donated the blood. When you drink it you will resemble a relation of his,” Albus explained quickly, as they both held their breath waiting for what they thought was an outburst.

“So I’ll be a nephew or cousin or something? Will I still have access to my Potter vault?” Harry asked softly.

“Of course child we would never try to strip that away from you. I have already sent a letter to the Goblins in case the Ministry tries to freeze your accounts. Your vault will remain yours no matter what,” Albus said.

“When are we gonna do this?” Harry asked as he closed his eyes unable to keep them open.

“Now preferably, we have no doubt that Mr. Malfoy will tell his father everything.” Albus said as he picked up the vial on the desk and held it out for him.

“Right, ok well here it goes,” Harry said slowly, not even able to open his eyes as he drunk the potion. It tasted metallic but he swallowed it down with no question and waited. He didn’t feel anything happening and he forced one eye open to stare at his Professors.

“It takes time, but you will change while you sleep. Come with me Harry, you’re dead on your feet,” Albus said gesturing for him to stand up.

“I can’t sir,” Harry whined quietly but couldn’t make his body obey; he was just too tired to move.

He felt someone lift him up, not really noticing who as he drifted off to sleep.

Severus cradled the small teen in his arms and looked over at his mentor.

“Where will he be sleeping?” He asked curiously.

“Tonight in the infirmary, tomorrow I have no doubt that the castle will provide you with a room, until he can get resorted.” Albus said intending on going back into the potions classroom to make sure that he had cleaned up everything.

“See you tomorrow them Albus,” Severus said before making the trek back to the infirmary. He placed the child on the bed, before walking over and spelling the golem. Deeming his work done Severus headed out of the infirmary and to his quarters.

Harry woke up the next morning and groaned as the lights assaulted his eyes. The first thing he reached for was his glasses only to realize that not only were they gone; but that he could see without them. He smiled before stretching, feeling better than he did last night. Out of curiosity he looked inside his shirt to find the self inflicted wound, only to discover it was gone. Not knowing what else to think he made his way towards the bathroom and got a shock.

His hair was black like Snape’s and it was long to his shoulders, his cheeks were more defined like the potion’s master, but he couldn’t find any repulsion as he looked at himself. His eyes while they were still green they had darkened slightly but he was happy they had stayed the same. Cleaning up and getting dressed he made his way out of the bathroom only to come face to face with Malfoy.

“Who are you?” The blonde sneered, though Harry could see his heart wasn’t really in it.

“Who wants to know?” Harry asked, they hadn’t discussed on a name and he couldn’t think of one on the spot.

“I do,” Draco said with narrowed eyes, the kid in front of him looked familiar. Had they met before?

“Well too bad, because I don’t feel like telling you.” Harry said with a smirk, as he made his way back to his bed.

He could hear the blonde stuttering out words when the door to the infirmary busted opened to reveal Fudge, Malfoy, along with Professor Snape and Dumbledore.

“Father,” Draco said as he quickly made his way over to the aristocrat.

“Are you hurt at all Dragon?” Lucius asked as he looked at his son in concern. Draco had only told him that the boy had pulled a muggle weapon called a gun on him, and had shot himself.

“I’m fine father,” Draco replied softly aware of the eyes on them.

“What is going to be done about Potter?” Lucius said angrily as he turned towards Albus and Fudge, clearly expecting an answer.

“He will be dealt with accordingly, I knew he was trouble. Yes I did, I spoke of it,” Fudge said pompously.

“Harry isn’t well, he needs time to heal.” Albus butted in.

“Nonsense, he’s just going to be carted off to Azkaban, where the dementors will have him.” Fudge replied a bit too smugly.

Before anyone could say anything they heard a gasp and they all turned as one to look at the small figure on the bed. ‘Harry’ was shivering and gasping on air, and they all stared in horror and confusion because they didn’t know what to do. It didn’t matter because Poppy quickly came out there and got to work. They could see the sweat on her brow so they knew she was trying her hardest but as they looked at boy struggling to breathe on the bed they could see that it wasn’t working.

Draco was looking on in shock, horror and fear. He shook his head, this couldn’t be right could it? Hadn’t he just talked to Potter last night? The boy had looked healthy enough, what had gone wrong? He was angry at the boy, but he never believed that his father was serious about getting him kissed. He frowned as he silently took a seat on his bed, as he watched the slow rising of the lion’s chest. He could see the breaths taking a much longer time for him before his chest rose once more and then nothing.

There was silence in the infirmary each person staring at the bed in horror, hoping that the child would come back. No amount of enervates from the Headmaster or Poppy would bring the child back. Everyone stared at the bed, unable to believe their eyes, the only sound was quiet breathing before the real Harry who was sitting on a bed across from them spoke up.

“Uncle Severus who was he?” He asked innocently, though inside Harry had to fight to keep his face neutral and confused.

He was rewarded when nearly everyone turned to look at him in shock. He bit the side of his cheek hard as he saw the expression of his potion’s master’s face. Well they had agreed he would be a nephew right? The only people who seemed to be enjoying his sentiment, was Poppy who was hiding her face in her hands, and the Headmaster’s who eyes were twinkling non-stop as his lips twitched. Harry smirked as both Malfoy’s looked from Severus to Harry and then back; this was definitely going to be interesting.

The End.
End Notes:
What did you think? I'm aware my chapters arent that long, but its either short and I update frequently, or longer, and not as much.

Flamers....can be snuffed out by a snowball to the face :)


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2798