The Day he was Pushed too Far by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: Unable to deal with the pain and loss he felt during the third task; Harry slowly startes to fall apart,the others around him oblivious to it all. The loneliness continues to eat him up until one day, Harry finally snaps. Who will be there save him now and help him pick up the pieces?
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Other, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Prompts: Pushed Too Far
Challenges: Pushed Too Far
Series: None
Chapters: 38 Completed: Yes Word count: 76299 Read: 351372 Published: 11 May 2012 Updated: 28 Jun 2014
Chapter 26: Why did he do it? by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
More Harry and Sev bonding next chapter, Um, you'll see that even the most put together person can and will break if they cant handle a situation. So I really dont wanna hear...they wouldnt do that..blah blah..this story is obviously AU lol.

Harry was unsure of how long they spent in the bathroom and he didn’t care. He vaguely remembered crying again, only this time he couldn’t stop. He had felt his teacher getting uneasy as his tears didn’t let up. The last thing he was actually aware of was the taste of a potion sliding down his sleep. He knew it was dreamless sleep, from how often he had taken it before in the past. Before he could comment on being drugged he was gone to the world.

Severus sighed softly before lifting the slight teen in his arms. That hadn’t gone the way he had expected it to go. Harry had seemed fine when they were talking but all of a sudden he burst into tears again. Severus didn’t know what to do, and he panicked for a moment before remembering the vial of dreamless sleep. He knew that probably wasn’t the best way to handle the situation but he would deal with that later. At the moment he adjusted his bundle in his arms and walked out the bathroom and back towards the Headmaster’s office.

His entrance gained shocked stares for a moment before their looks turned to one of concern for the boy in his arms. He shifted the child once and tightened his hold on him when he saw Black stand up.

“What did you do to him?” Sirius asked in alarm.

“Gave him a dose of dreamless sleep, he was hysterical.” Severus replied curtly.

“I understand Severus,” Albus said stroking his beard for a moment.

Severus knew already that didn’t bode well for him, he knew that the old man was thinking of something and he could already tell he was to be a part of it. He sighed before nodding once and heading towards the floo and disappearing in the flames. He sighed quietly before going towards the boy’s bedroom and getting him ready for bed.

 He did this quickly, and as he tucked him on he found himself staring at the child on the bed. He felt so helpless at that point in time, but it strengthened something in him. Harry had beaten the odds yet again, and he might have been the reason for that. He nodded to himself, resolving to talk to the boy tomorrow.

~*~*~*Greenhouses~*~*~*~

Neville wasn’t sure how long he sat there and watered the plants, and didn’t really care. He wasn’t particularly hungry so he mused that it couldn’t be yet dinner. He hated the fact that no one was looking for him but at the same time he didn’t really want to be found. Why didn’t Harry say something? He huffed angrily to himself; he should have seen it right? He closed his eyes and thought back, he could remember Harry looking like he usually did after a bad day. Why didn’t he speak up then? Neville gently rubbed a plant in-between his fingers and sniffled as the news from this morning started to sink in.

~*~*~*Gryffindor Boy’s Dorm~*~*~*~*~

Ron was holding onto the pole of Harry’s bed as he stared at it. He couldn’t believe it that his mate was really gone. He could see how stupid he had been, how could he think that? He remembered second year and the first when Voldemort had been back, how could he think that this year would be any different?

 He was so sorry for having ignored Harry half of last year for being jealous, he was so sorry. He wished he could turn back to the clock; he should have never let Seamus influence him. He was Harry’s best friend and when his mate needed him he was nowhere to be found. He gazed around the empty dorm room, Dean was downstairs in the common room, he couldn’t handle being in here and seeing Harry’s empty bed.

Seamus was in the infirmary after breaking down in potions and Neville was where? He stiffened once before snapping his head back and turning towards his bed. Where the heck was Neville? Unconsciously he went back to yesterday in the abandoned classroom where he remembered him admitting some dark truths that he had gone through. Ron gasped on air for a moment, hoping his other friend wasn’t doing anything like that.

 He would ask Hermione if she had seen him, he thought with a nod making his way out the dorm. He stopped again realizing that he hadn’t seen her since she ran out the great hall this morning. He didn’t know what to do with himself. Harry was dead and everyone else was gone. He found himself walking back into his desolate dorm room feeling more alone then he had ever felt in his entire life. As he laid on his bed and buried his face into his pillows, his tears came. He had always been so jealous of Harry, and now he was gone. He had never felt so low then how he did at that very moment.

“I’m so sorry Harry,” he whispered brokenly as he cried sobs that no one else could hear.

~*~*~*Slytherin Common Rooms~*~*~*~

Draco walked in through the portrait, trying to silently make his way to his dorm. Surprisingly he made it there without a problem, though when he walked in he was confused for a moment. Where were Theodore and Blaize? Why were Crabbe and Goyle not in class? His confusion showed on his face, but he wasn’t up to talking to either of them. He sighed softly, his heart feeling heavy still, no matter how much he had already cried.

So what that Potter was dead, it wasn’t his problem was it? Only it was, Draco couldn’t help but think that he was the reason the boy had lost the will to live. He was the only one to talk to him that night. He blinked the hurt away, before slowly making his way to the shower. He was the Gryffindor golden boy, why would he want to end it? He didn’t want to think about this anymore, he didn’t want to feel. Why couldn’t he just be numb?

~*~*~*Down by the Lake~*~*~*~

Hermione wasn’t aware of the time passing as she cried her grief out in the Slytherins chest. She was only brought back down to ear when her sobs ceased and all that was left was a sniffled. She noted that he didn’t say anything and yet his arms around her said everything. She shivered once as a breeze passed but was suddenly hit by a warming charm, which caused her to open one eye and look around, wondering when it got so dark.

"What time is it?" She asked hoarsely.


 "Around dinner time," Blaise said his stomach grumbling softly.


 "I’m not hungry, but don’t let me keep you." She said bravely. She didn’t wanna be alone but she wasn’t selfish enough to ask him to stay.


 "I could always raid the kitchens later." He said with a shrug.
Hermione sighed in relief as the wind picked up; in spite of the charm she shivered even more.


 "We better go in." He mused. "The last thing you need is to get sick."


 "I don’t wanna see anyone," she mumbled. Not to wanting to admit that she didn’t want to leave the security of his presence. Just him being there seemed to make her feel like she wasn’t so alone, and that she could survive this.

Blaise looked at her closely, knowing exactly why she didn’t want to go in. He sighed but he didn’t feel all that comfortable leaving her. How did he know that she wouldn’t start blocking her emotions again, just because he wasn’t there for her?

“You can’t hide from this Mione,” Blaise said unconsciously calling her by the nickname he had constantly heard Potter and Weasely use.

“I can’t survive this, I feel like I’m breaking apart. I don’t want to feel this anymore, I want it to go away.” She said stubbornly her tears starting to fall again.

“In time it will go away, I can promise you that.” Blaise said calmly.

“But I want it gone now, I hate this.” She said slamming her free hand into the dirt. She winced when she felt something prick her skin, but at the same time realized something. Because she was only focusing on the physical pain, her emotional pain had somehow fled. She breathed a sigh of relief, as she watched her palm bleed, entranced by it.

“No, that is not the way you are going to handle this,” Blaise said sternly before taking out his wand and healing her palm.

He frowned at her, ignoring her scandalized expression. He would not allow her to self-destruct over this, it wasn’t her fault. He knew she was blaming herself, and he wouldn’t let her hurt herself over this. He didn’t know the know-it-all could ever do something like that but the way that she had been gazing at her hand has him a bit disturbed.


“Handle what? I didn’t do anything,” she said disappointed at how quickly he healed her.

“You do not get to hurt yourself, so don’t even think about it.” He said firmly, making sure that she was looking at him.

“I know, I wasn’t going too,” she lied softly trying to get that feeling out of her head. Though she couldn’t ignore that even now here emotions were in control; how could that be? Was it all that because of a scratch on her hand?

“Good,” Blaize said softly grabbing the hand that he had healed with his other. “You’re stronger then that Mione,” he said quietly.

“That’s the bad thing about this, I don’t think I am.” She whispered almost inaudibly, she wasn’t sure he heard her. When he didn’t answer she knew that he didn’t, and she wasn’t sure at all how she felt about that.

The End.
End Notes:
What did you think? Flamers...I shouldnt have any by now..but just in case...no was forcing you to read you it..dont like it..keep it yourself.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2798