The Day he was Pushed too Far by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: Unable to deal with the pain and loss he felt during the third task; Harry slowly startes to fall apart,the others around him oblivious to it all. The loneliness continues to eat him up until one day, Harry finally snaps. Who will be there save him now and help him pick up the pieces?
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Other, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Prompts: Pushed Too Far
Challenges: Pushed Too Far
Series: None
Chapters: 38 Completed: Yes Word count: 76299 Read: 351392 Published: 11 May 2012 Updated: 28 Jun 2014
Chapter 3: Drowning in Pain by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
No idea how frequent these updates for this story is going to be. I just post them as I type them. Anyways enjoy this calm for the moment...because its all hell is going to break loose soon.

Harry drifted off to sleep a few minutes later, feeling content with himself. He jerked awake when he heard the boys in his dorm come up and he stilled on the bed. Harry could hear them talking to one another and he was just about to reveal himself when he heard Dean say his name. He forced himself to be still and listened to their conversation.

“Thanks to Harry, we’re down 30 points already and it’s only the first day.” Dean replied annoyance in his tone.

“We’re actually down 70; Umbridge took 40 points away as well.” Seamus replied angrily.

“Guys lay off, you know how Snape is. Besides Harry will gain all the points back when he catches the snitch,” Neville said quietly.

“Shut up Neville, was I talking to you?” Seamus said as he took off his tie and tossed it on the bed.

Harry frowned at that; Neville didn’t do anything but defend him. He shook his head as they continued to talk about him as if he wasn’t there. Couldn’t they tell that his curtains were drawn; maybe they wanted him to hear them? Harry blinked away the tears of hurt in his eyes unable to believe that. Maybe they really didn’t know, he nodded wanting to give them the benefit of the doubt. He stayed on his bed quietly until it he heard them walking out. Taking a moment to collect himself he opened his curtains and saw Neville looking at him in shock. At least Harry knew that Neville didn’t know he was there.

“How long have you been there Harry?” Neville asked softly.

“Since I got dismissed from DADA; thanks for defending me Neville.” Harry said with a small smile, though his eyes betrayed him as they shone bright with hurt and unshed tears.

“You’re my friend Harry, don’t worry about it.” Neville replied.

Harry nodded before standing up and stretching.

“Wanna go to dinner?” Harry asked wondering where Ron was.

“Alright, let’s go,” Neville replied getting up and following Harry out of the dorm.

Harry didn’t say anything as he came down and heard the chatter and conversations in the common room silence as he walked down. He saw Ron and Hermione talking to Ginny and Dean. Harry didn’t say anything to them he just followed Neville out the portrait. They walked to the great hall in silence, and Harry had to wonder why his life tended to take these twists every year. Just once he wanted a normal school year, was that too much to ask.

As he sat down he ignored the stares and tried to eat, wondering what he was going to be doing in detention with the toad lady. Harry sighed wishing he was back in his bed surrounded by his curtains. All too soon it was nearing 7:00pm and he got us and walked to his Defense teacher’s office. The minute he was granted entrance he walked in and stared at the office. It was littered with pictures of all sorts of kittens and cats. It gave him a new meaning to the word cat lady. He nearly snickered before taking a seat in the desk across from him.

“In case I hadn’t made myself clear I do not tolerate any type of lies. You are here because you spread; evil, nasty, attention-seeking, stories.” Delores lectured.

“They weren’t lies,” Harry protested, ignoring that voice in his head that told him to shut up.

“Do not argue with me Mr. Potter, you and I both know you are just an attention-seeking brat. I will not tolerate this from you or anyone else. As it is you have just earned yourself a week of detention.” Delores said with a smug look on her face.

Harry thankfully said nothing this time, though he glared at the desk. He never thought he could’ve hated someone this much. He hated Umbridge more then he hated his Uncle and his sister Marge and that was saying something. Harry didn’t say anything as she laid a piece of parchment on his desk and a funny looking quill.

“You haven’t given me any ink,” he said looking at her strangely.

“Oh you don’t need any for my special quill,” Delores said as she took a seat at her desk.

Harry didn’t say anything to that as he started to write he looked up again.

“What am I supposed to be writing?” Harry asked tiredly.

“I must not tell lies,” Delores said with a grin.

Harry didn’t react as he turned his gaze to his paper. He started writing the words on the parchment, not thinking anything of it until he felt it. He felt this hot, searing, pinching feeling in his left hand. He gasped as his words on the paper, somehow ended up on his hands. What the hell kind of quill was this?

“Is there something wrong Mr. Potter?” Delores asked unable to hide her smug grin.

“No Professor, everything is fine.” Harry replied quietly.

He had dealt with worse pain then this and he wouldn’t give her the satisfaction. Harry continued with his lines as the minutes ticked by. Like he did when his Uncle decided to punish him Harry simple detached himself from the pain, until it was like he wasn’t there. He didn’t allow himself to think, that would only make it worse. At first the words in his skin would heal over, but the longer he did it the longer they stayed. Not sure at all how much time had passed he was surprised to see her stand up.

“Detention is over Mr. Potter, I will see you here tomorrow at the same time. Don’t forget about your detention with Professor Snape.” Delores said as she sat back down.

Harry stood up, keeping his left hand to the side as he headed towards the door. He stopped and turned when she called him again.

“I may have neglected to tell Professor Snape about your detention with me. Silly me I forgot,” Delores said giggling.

Harry blanked his face, hoping Snape would at least listen to him for once. He nodded before walking out of her classroom and heading towards the dungeons. Checking his watch he saw that it was 9:00pm, he hoped that Snape was in a good mood. Harry scoffed knowing that was the dumbest thing he could ever think of. Snape was NEVER in a good mood; Harry was sure the only way his potions professor would be happy was if he got himself killed. Harry sobered not wanting to think about this so close to the Slytherin territory. He kept his hand on his wand as he walked and made it to the man’s office door. Taking a deep breath he knocked.

“Enter,” Snape said neutrally.

Harry walked in and closed the door behind him.

“I’m here for my detention sir,” Harry said politely.

“I do believe I told you to be here at 7:00pm Potter. If I’m not mistaken it’s just after 9:00pm. You are 2 hours late,” Snape said as he gazed as his student across from him.

“I had detention with Professor Umbridge sir, she said I was to go to hers first.” Harry replied honestly.

“I will talk to Delores later to confirm that and if I find out that you are lying to me Potter; the consequences will not be pleasant.” Snape threatened.

“Yes sir,” Harry replied as he waited to see what his teacher wanted him to do.

“You will be scrubbing cauldrons, without magic. If I find out that you have used your wand that will be another detention tomorrow.”Snape said.

Harry shrugged, he wasn’t incompetent. Thanks to his so called family he was proficient at cleaning, not that Snape would ever believe that. Harry sighed before taking out his wand and placing it on his teacher’s desk who looked at him in surprise. Harry didn’t bother to explain as he made his way into the classroom. He started the faucet in the sink filling it with hot water and soap before grabbing the scrub brush. Harry looked around at the cauldrons on the floor, knowing this wouldn’t be hard. He would take this over lines any day.

Harry wasn’t thinking as put the cauldron cleaner into the water. It was like his body switched over to automatic or something. He stuck both his hands in the water and jerked them out as he hissed in pain. His eyes watered as he blew on his left hand where his previous punishment was. He was in the middle of swearing when he registered that he was no longer alone in the classroom.

“Is there a problem Potter?” Snape sneered from the doorway.

“No sir, I just burnt my hands from the water is all.” Harry lied.

“Clearly I was correct when I said that Prince Potter doesn’t know how to do any type of manual labor.” Snape replied in disgust.

Harry was tired of fighting and he didn’t want to deal with this. Ignoring the searing remarks from his teacher and the pain from his hand he put his hands back into the water. His hand burned when it came in contact with the cleaner but Harry ignored it for the most part. He found himself welcoming the physical pain, which made this detention more bearable. Sooner than he ever thought it would be Snape came and told him that the detention was over and that he had 5 minutes to get to his tower before curfew. Harry didn’t say anything to that as he put away the brush and emptied the water out. He sighed as he made his way back to his teacher’s office to grab his wand. His wand was still on the man’s desk and he plucked it off before making his way out the man’s office.

As he quickly headed through the corridors Harry took this time to look at his left hand and he grimaced. It looked as bad as it felt; maybe he should have said something to Snape about it. He shook that ridiculous thought away, knowing that his teacher would probably agree with Umbridge wholeheartedly. If anything Snape might even regret that he hadn’t thought of a detention like this before. Harry made his way to the tower without any problem, keeping his head down as he walked up to his dorm room.

Harry didn’t say anything as he walked in though he could feel the glares coming from his so called friends. He didn’t want to deal with their abuse he was so tired of fighting everyone and feeling like he was alone in everything else. He walked over to his trunk and pulled out the mirror that Sirius had given him and placed it into his pocket. He needed to talk to someone or he swore he would go crazy.

“Ron, what was our homework in DADA?” Harry asked after a moment, needing something to waste time on.

Harry raised an eyebrow as Ron ignored him, though he knew that he heard him because he saw Dean glanced at him once and elbowed Ron. Harry frowned, it was gonna be like that then? Why was he even surprised? Ron had abandoned him last year, why should this year be any different. Harry closed the curtains on his bed and curled up under the covers. He meant to lay there until everyone fell asleep but he found himself closing his eyes and falling asleep as well.

The End.
End Notes:
Hey Review I love them. Please and thank you guys.

Flamers can take a swim in a pool of rotten and moldy fruit.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2798