The Day he was Pushed too Far by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: Unable to deal with the pain and loss he felt during the third task; Harry slowly startes to fall apart,the others around him oblivious to it all. The loneliness continues to eat him up until one day, Harry finally snaps. Who will be there save him now and help him pick up the pieces?
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Other, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Prompts: Pushed Too Far
Challenges: Pushed Too Far
Series: None
Chapters: 38 Completed: Yes Word count: 76299 Read: 351318 Published: 11 May 2012 Updated: 28 Jun 2014
Chapter 30: Think before you speak by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Severus and Harry interaction will be back next chapter I promise.

Blaize took a seat in front of Draco who looked more normal today. If anything the blonde didn’t look a thing like he did yesterday. Had he not seen him break down yesterday he would have assumed his friend heartless.

“Draco have you seen Theodore?” Blaise asked easily.

“Greg said he’s in the infirmary,” Draco answered calmly.

“He’s hurt?!” Blaise asked horrified.

“No, he had a panic attack in potions.” Draco said his tone wavering for a moment before he gained control again.

“I see,” Blaise said quietly. And he did see why the hell anyone would want to go back to that classroom was anyone’s guess.

“Why were you sitting with the mud-Granger?” Draco asked conversationally. He would never admit it but the girl’s words had really hit home. He had teased a lot of the muggleborns and half bloods in this school. To know that they had access to that lethal weapon really frightened him.

“She’s not doing so well,” Blaise said his eyebrow rising in question as he caught Draco’s word.

“Mudblood is mean,” Draco said softly in explanation.

“That never stopped you before,” Blaise pointed out.

“I never knew words hurt worse than spells,” Draco admitted shamefully.

“And now you do?” Blaise asked after a moment.

“I’m beginning to see,” Draco answered before buttering his toast.

“Good,” Blaise said quietly, pride evident in his tone.

“How is she doing, Granger?” Draco asked after a few minutes of random conversation.

“Not so good, she’s blaming herself,” Blaise said in a frustrated tone.

“What; why would she do that?” Draco asked in a shocked tone, she felt the same way he did. He couldn’t understand what the girl had done to Potter though.

“I don’t know, we haven’t talk about it. I don’t want to rush her; she’s already on the verge.” Blaise said softly, thinking back to yesterday.

“The verge of what?” Draco asked cautiously.

“Of cracking, she’s not as strong as we all thought. She’s human too, and she’s trying to work through her grief but it’s getting to be too much for her to handle.” Blaise said quietly.

“What do you mean?” Draco asked not liking the sound of this.

“Yesterday something cut her palm, and she had this weird look on her face. It was so peaceful, but it was only there when she saw the blood. I’m worried for her, I don’t want her to start hurting herself as an outlet for her pain,” Blaise said in a worried.

“She won’t do that; this is Granger we’re talking about.” Draco said smoothly.

“As I’ve just said we don’t really know the Gryffindors and they don’t know us. We show each other what we want them to see and they do the same. This is why we didn’t see Potter crack until it was too late. Hermione isn’t just a know-it-all,” Blaise explained softly.

Draco frowned knowing his friend had a point. He sighed; this was showing them a lot about one another. He found himself glancing towards the lion’s table, half of them weren’t there and the ones that were didn’t look so good. He looked towards the head table and frowned as he realized something; where the heck was Snape?

“Have you seen Snape at all today?” Draco asked curiously.

“No and I don’t really care. He’s a liar and I’m through with him,” Blaise said his anger coming back.

“Calm down, what did he do that was so bad?” Draco asked having not heard from how lost he had been yesterday.

“He lied to me about Harry. That night I asked him if Harry was gonna be ok but he said he didn’t know. That was clearly a lie,” Blaise said quietly.

“Maybe he really didn’t, don’t tell anyone this. But I talked to Potter, that night I mean. He had woken up and we talked a bit before I fell back asleep.” Draco said swallowing the lump in his throat.

“What did you guys talk about?” Blaise asked his tone full of shock and curiosity.

“I tried to apologize to him,” Draco said with a frown.

“You apologized to Potter?” Blaise asked in disbelief.

“I did, but he wouldn’t accept it,” Draco said face burning in remembrance.

“What did you say when you realized he wasn’t going to accept it?” Blaise asked already knowing how his friend could be.

“I threatened him with telling my dad about what he did, and taunted him about getting the kiss.” Draco admitted shamefully.

“Why would you do that? You can honestly not be that thick? Are you insane?” Blaise asked looking at his friend in horror.

“I didn’t know that he was still close to death, I thought he was fine.” Draco said defensively.

“Even after what happened in that classroom; you haven’t learned shit. Your life was on the line, because you taunted this boy and lived to make his life hell. And then you threatened a boy who Professor Snape had to beg for him to hold onto life with death? He already wanted death, have you learned nothing?” Blaise asked getting up from the table, his eyes filling with frustrated tears.

“I didn’t mean it,” Draco replied softly, feeling lower then muggleborns at that moment. And to him that was saying something, considering his views on them.

“You meant it, otherwise you wouldn’t have said it,” Blaise said shaking his head one last time and walking out of the Great Hall.

“You have no idea how much I wish I could take it back,” Draco whispered to himself as he friend walked away from him.

Blaise was so angry at Draco’s bigotry and stupidity he didn’t know what to think. He was just wanted to slug anyone to get rid of this feeling; at least he did until he saw Mione come out of the bathroom. She looked different then she did when she went in, and it didn’t put him at ease in the slightest.

“Mione, are you ok?” He couldn’t help but ask.

“Not really,” Hermione said still reeling in shock at what she just did. A part of her relished in the pain and it was starting to feel a bit addicting. The fact that she didn’t feel like crying when she did it made it all better. But she knew this type of behavior was wrong, she didn’t want anyone thinking she was crazy.

“That’s ok, if you had of said yes I would have been really worried.” Blaise replied easily.

“Can we take that walk now?” Hermione asked quietly.

“Yes, let’s go.” Blaise said taking her hand and leading her outside.

~*~*~*Great Hall~*~*~*

Draco was angry again, not with Blaise but himself. He hated who he was at that moment, Blaise’s words really had hit home as well. He was learning more things about people he knew for 4 years in the span of a few days then he ever did. He knew that the rest of his house was confused about their behavior, but Blaise was right. They weren’t there; they had no idea, what the hell went on in that room.

Draco sighed quietly before getting up, his plate still full, but he was the furthest thing from hungry. He walked out the Great hall, wondering where Emerson was. The boy was so elusive; he hadn’t seen him last night or this morning. Draco couldn’t stop the thoughts from wondering, unsure of where the hell his feet were taking him. He knew that Blaise probably didn’t think he regretted what he did, but he knew. He wished with all magic that this was just a dream last night, but when he woke up he knew it was true.

~*~*Gryffindor Boy’s dorm~*~*~*

Ron woke up to a quiet dorm; no one was there with him. After what happened in potions, Professor Snape had said he would write them notes if they needed to be excused from classes. He did, he didn’t feel like going which wasn’t that different from any other day. But today he also didn’t feel like eating either, and with him that was saying something. He got dressed quickly knowing he couldn’t stay here and soon made his way to the common room and out the door. He breathed a sigh of relief as he walked through the corridors; it was so sad being in the tower.

 He sighed softly, his head towards the ground as he walked trying to keep his mind clear of all thought. He didn’t know where he was going, but he was content to continue walking until he couldn’t anymore. It beat crying about losing his best friend. He sniffled softly, pushing the tears back as he walked. It was of no consequence since he wasn’t looking up that he bumped into someone.

“Sorry about that,” he whispered out still not looking up. He was preparing to go around whoever it was when they spoke.

“Weasely?” Draco said in a shocked tone.

The End.
End Notes:
What did you think?

Flamers...fall into 6 feet of snow and create a sauna :) lol


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2798