The Day he was Pushed too Far by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: Unable to deal with the pain and loss he felt during the third task; Harry slowly startes to fall apart,the others around him oblivious to it all. The loneliness continues to eat him up until one day, Harry finally snaps. Who will be there save him now and help him pick up the pieces?
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Other, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Prompts: Pushed Too Far
Challenges: Pushed Too Far
Series: None
Chapters: 38 Completed: Yes Word count: 76299 Read: 351370 Published: 11 May 2012 Updated: 28 Jun 2014
Chapter 31: The meaning of Selfish by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I'm not gonna apologize for being lateish...because its summer...and my mum told me I was spending to much time indoors and confiscated my computer lol. Apparently I have to prioritize my time more..

Oh I know that I said that Harry and Severus was coming back this chapter..I meant the next one...Neville had to make a reapperance..sorry...:)

Harry was casually bouncing his leg in his room as Professor Snape and Dumbledore talked. He knew that they were talking about him, but they didn’t want him to hear it. That frustrated him to know end, and a part of him wanted to get up and open the door to see if he could hear them. He knew it would be futile since Snape probably had a silencing charm around them.

He looked around the room, feeling jittery. He didn’t want to be in their quarters at the moment or at all. That little talk with Snape had frazzled his nerves, and he wanted to be outside on his broom or something. He grinned, before standing up hoping he would be allowed to. He idly wondered why he wasn’t staying in the Slytherin dorms, and if he ever would be allowed to. Harry took a breath before opening the door and walking out.

“What do you need Emerson?” Severus asked, hearing the door open immediately.

“Could I go for a walk or something?” Harry asked calmly from out in the hallway. He didn’t want to see the Headmaster at the moment; he didn’t want to get ignored this early in the morning.

“I suppose, just be in the Great hall, or here by lunch.” Severus replied ignoring Albus’s shocked look. He knew first hand that it wouldn’t help the boy at all, if he felt trapped. He was not keeping him prisoner down here in the dungeons.

“Thanks Professor,” Harry said before trying to walk out the door and avoid the Headmaster.

“Emerson, that’s rude; we have company. Come say hello and then you can leave,” Severus said firmly.

Harry sighed before making his way into the sitting room, staring at the floor.

“Hello Headmaster,” he said softly before walking out the room.

“Wonder what that was about?”Severus asked curiously.

“If you remembered I was ignoring him before because of Voldemort and what their link can do.” Albus said.

“Of course,” Severus replied tightly, his mark stinging at his word.

“He hasn’t forgiven me yet, but I was curious about one thing. He’s going to need Occulmency training more than ever now.” Albus said.

“Trust me when I say, he’ll be fine.” Severus said with a smirk.

“What do you mean Severus? He holds a lot of secrets about you that if Voldemort were to find you would be killed.” Albus said worriedly.

“The blood potion awarded him certain abilities. I am a natural Occulemens, and now so is he.” Severus said, his eyes shining in amusement. He had never seen Albus so shocked and this was priceless.

“And you’ve checked his shields?” Albus asked having quickly recovered.

“I have, he needs help organizing them but other than that he has a firm grasp on it.” Severus replied, a bit of pride in his voice.

Albus was elated in the least, trying to look pass everything that had happened. It would be unforgiving to forget what happened the other day. It would be stupid to think that Harry had recovered. And it would be immoral not to have some healers come to the school. He nodded his head, planning on asking Poppy if she could floo St. Mungo’s.

~*~*~*Classroom~*~*~*

Neville was currently sitting in abandoned classroom his wand on the desk in front of him. His thoughts were clear for once, and they were the furthest thing from good. Harry who had so much going for him killed himself. He was the incompetent fool, and he knew without a doubt that if given the option people would rather him dead then Harry.

He sighed softly as he picked up his wand, idly wondering what spell would work. Knowing him he would botch it up and then he would get saved. He winced already imagining that conversation. Who was he gonna talk to now? His chest felt like it was gonna explode from all the grief he felt. Why did it hurt so bloody bad? Would the pain ever go away?

~*~*Corridors~*~*~*

Harry smiled as he headed towards the exit near the black lake. He was in a cheerful mood in spite of everything going on around him. He smiled and had waved to Luna without thinking about it. He wondered idly, what she wanted when she walked up to him.

"Hello Harry," Luna said dreamily.

Harry's heart stilled so quickly he was sure he had stopped beating. His widened eyes the only reaction as he stared at her in concealed shock.
 
"I’m not Harry I’m Emerson," he said calmly.

"Of course you are Harry," Luna repeated softly.

“My name is not Harry,” he persisted.

“You’re lying not only to me, but yourself as well.” Luna said airily.

"Promise not to tell?" He finally said, knowing she wouldn’t drop it.

"I won’t but is hiding really going to solve anything?" She asked quietly.

"If not this I'll be kissed," he said pulling her into an empty classroom and spelling the room.

"I know, but I meant what about your friends?" She asked softly.

 "They'll be fine," Harry said softly, though he remembered Hermione and she had been the furthest thing from fine.

"Blaise is helping her but she still so sad," Luna said softly, knowing already he was thinking of.

“How did you know it was me?" Harry asked softly, his disguise was flawless, even his voice was different.

"I know your aura Harry Potter and that doesn’t change. Although it does look a bit brighter than before," She mused before explaining the nargles to him.

"Hmm," Harry said softly, he would have to tell Snape about this.

"I wasn’t just talking about Ron or Hermione. Who did you use to have weekly chats with about random plants and Quidditch plays with?" Luna said walking towards the door.

"Neville, is he ok?" Harry asked worriedly.

"No he’s not ok, but if you had to ask me that then I know that you knew that already." She said before exiting the room. 
 
Harry followed her out about 30 seconds after running quickly towards the room he always talked in with Neville. He was there within 5 minutes bursting through the door and startling the boy to where he dropped his wand. He closed to door and locked it, the muggle way and then with his wand before throwing up a few privacy spells.
 

"What do you want?" Neville stammered out, his heart beating widely. Not at the thought of the boy in here with him, but of how close he had been to ending his life again.

"To talk," Harry said pulling out a chair those red rimmed eyes said everything he ever wanted to know and more.

"I don’t wanna talk," he said softly.

"Then just listen," Harry said before randomly jumping into a conversation about mandrakes.

"Why are you doing this?" Neville asked about 10 minutes later, he was calm now for the most part.

"Because no one else has, doesn’t anybody care what happens to you?" Harry said quietly, as he moved closer. He understood that everyone was grieving but how could they leave Neville at a time like this.

"One person did," he said quietly his eyes filling with tears. He sighed angrily wiping them away.

"Let them come,” Harry said seeing the tears. And who was that person?" Harry said quietly.

"Harry my friend," he said looking at the book in his hands, his face full of misery.

"I see," Harry said quietly before standing in front of the boy who was trying to prevent his tears from coming.

"What are u doing now?" Neville asked a lump in his throat. He wouldn’t cry in front of this guy, he didn’t know him. Though he had no clue what the other boy’s motive was for helping him, he felt safe as the boy's presence seemed familiar in a way.

"Stand up Neville," Harry said firmly.
 
Neville stood up and looked at the other's boys eyes surprised to find acceptance and understanding in them. He tried to swallow that lump of tears in his throat but he couldn’t.

  “How do you know my name?” He asked quietly, tilting his head to the ceiling to stop the tears. 

“Is it really important?” Harry asked side stepping the question.

“Not really,” Neville replied trying to clear his throat.
 
"It'll be ok I promise you that." Harry said softly.

 "I doubt it," Neville sniffled.

Harry frowned slightly, before pulling the boy into a hug. He could feel him fighting him but he stayed strong. And soon the struggles turned to more sniffles before he heard the chest clenching sob that had his own eyes watering. He held his friend in that hug as he cried his hurt out, Harry feeling horrible for making the already insecure boy to feel like this.
 
"Tears don’t solve anything," Neville blubbered out.

"They repair broken hearts, it just takes time," Harry replied simply before closing his eyes.
 
Neville didn’t care that the he was hugging was A Slytherin who was supposed to be dark. He only cared that at least one person had come for him. He felt like he actually mattered to someone, even though at the same time he felt like someone had just shattered his heart.

 
The End.
End Notes:
What did you think?

Flamers can be buried in the sand and forgotten about :p


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2798