The Day he was Pushed too Far by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: Unable to deal with the pain and loss he felt during the third task; Harry slowly startes to fall apart,the others around him oblivious to it all. The loneliness continues to eat him up until one day, Harry finally snaps. Who will be there save him now and help him pick up the pieces?
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Other, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Prompts: Pushed Too Far
Challenges: Pushed Too Far
Series: None
Chapters: 38 Completed: Yes Word count: 76299 Read: 351392 Published: 11 May 2012 Updated: 28 Jun 2014
Chapter 7: Foreboding Feeling by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Sorry I didnt mean for this to be a teaser, but I needed to get everyones thoughts across before the 'showdown' you know? This chapter is told from various points of view as everyone prepare themselves so to speak, for what, no one knows but Harry.

On another note, Severus isnt cruel, give him a chance to redeem himself guys :)

Severus woke up the next morning feeling like he hadn’t slept at all. There was an ominous feeling in the pit of his stomach as he got dressed. He couldn’t shake the mood that something was going to happen today. What that was he didn’t know but he knew that it was going to be bad whatever it was. He made his way towards his office and summoned the pensive.

Though he hated the child with a burning passion that rivaled his hate for his dogfather and father he couldn’t stop thinking about what he thought was a blood quill last night. Taking a deep breath he plunged into the basin.

Ron woke up the next morning, glancing curiously as he saw Harry’s untouched bed. Where was his friend? He shook his head and hurriedly got dressed. As he was grabbing his book bag he nearly forgot that golden item on the dresser. He grabbed it and shoved it into his pocket intending on showing it to Hermione at breakfast.

Albus Dumbledore couldn’t shake the sensation that something horrible was going to happen today. As he talked to his familiar he went through all the possibilities of Tom attacking the school. It didn’t seem likely at the moment, but that worrying feeling didn’t go away. He sucked on a lemon dropped as he took his seat in the great hall. He looked reflexively towards the Gryffindor table, surprised when he saw 2/3rd of the Gryffindor Trio. He turned to ask Minerva something when he saw that Severus was also absent, until he saw the man stiffly take his seat. That only left him one thing to wonder; where in the world was Harry?

Ginny looked at Neville before looking at Hermione and her brother. Did Harry already eat? She frowned as she nibbled on her breakfast but she didn’t want to bring up his absence. She could see in Hermione’s eyes that she too was wondering just where Harry was. Ginny smiled when she saw Ron stuffing his face as usual, before turning back to her food. Harry tended to skip a meal or two, and she shouldn’t be worried about anything; should she?

Severus was staring unseeingly at his breakfast, his mask just as blank as any other day. Only today the emotions he felt were rage and anger on behalf on one Harry Potter. He heard that annoying giggle from the toad Professor and his lips unconsciously twisted into a sneer. How dare she sit there and eat like she hadn’t done anything? How dare she treat any child like she treated Harry? Somewhere between the time he saw the child’s memories last night and the blood quill detention, the boy no longer was just Potter.

The boy was more than that, how one child could keep his silence that long. Severus nodded his head; he had no doubt that Harry’s hand was infected. Today during class, he grimaced as he remembered the evaluation with that witch. Oh well, as soon as he started class he would meet with him in his office and give him the potions. Severus didn’t even have to ask why the boy didn’t go for help, having seen enough memories to know why. He shook his head, he would have to take the child to Madame Pomprey as well, since this was more her expertise.

He found himself turning his gaze towards the lion’s table expecting to see a raven haired child squished in between a red-headed boy and a bushy brown haired girl but he didn’t. The boy couldn’t afford to lose meals, so where was he? Severus didn’t worry about it, knowing he would be in potions by the time class started. He finished his food quickly; he would need to talk to Dumbledore after classes today.

He knew for a fact that Albus would not appreciate it anymore then he did that someone had hurt his students. Potter couldn’t be the only one could he? How many other students were there who were also afraid to speak up? Severus stood up from the table and made his way out the hall and towards his dungeons. He didn’t want to give that blasted woman any reason to write him up. She was a liar and a few more choice words. He let himself into his office and after making sure his classroom was in pristine condition he sat down in his office to wait.

Harry woke up the next morning bright eyed and happy for once. He had a mission today and he knew what he had to do. Wishing for a room closer to the tower he smiled when it appeared. He grabbed his pack with his special things and headed through the entrance. As he came to an empty common room he realized that everyone was probably at breakfast. His stomach grumbled audibly, he had been without a few meals but since this was his last day he wanted to be full. He called for a house elf and ate his fill before getting everything ready for class.

He placed a strong anti-summoning charm on the gun and bullets, expecting someone to try to take it from him. He placed a shield around him, and was quite proud of how strong it seemed to be. He didn’t want to get cursed before he could even do anything. He could already see the headlines now; the boy-who-lived a suicidal maniac. He chuckled that first part is true but he wasn’t crazy. This was the sanest he had ever felt in his life.

The plan was to disarm the most people he could or just those three main people. He winced at he placed his wand in his left hand. He could barely grip it tightly, considering how much it had swelled up. It was purple; and yellow and white puss was coming from it. He had no doubt that it was infected. Oh well he only needed his right hand to shoot the gun. He sat down on the bed and wrote a small will, so that his money wouldn’t go to the ministry when it was clear that his friends would need it more. He placed the letter in an envelope and set it on Ron’s bed with a sticking charm.

Harry took a deep breath before loading the gun and placing the remaining bullets in his pockets. He cocked the gun and took off the safety, before nodding to himself. He was ready, he could do this. Harry smiled a grim smile before picking up the mirror once more expecting his godfather to come on but was surprised to find it Remus.

“Where’s Sirius?” Harry asked softly.

“Hangover, so he’s sleeping it off,” Remus replied apologetically.

“Oh,” Harry answered.

“Is there anything I can help you with cub?” Remus asked cheerfully.

“No there isn’t, thanks though,” Harry responded softly.

“Alright the Harry, I know you have class so I won’t keep you.” Remus said kindly as he prepared to say goodbye.

“I hope you can forgive me Moony for leaving you and Sirius,” Harry said almost inaudibly.

“What did you say cub?” Remus asked his brow furrowing in confusion. He could have sworn he heard him apologize for leaving them. He shook his maybe he heard wrong.

“I said I miss you guys,” Harry replied quickly.

“We miss you too cub, “Remus answered with a wary smile.

“Bye,” Harry finally said before placing the mirror in his trunk with the rest of his valuables.

Harry took a breath before exhaling as he headed out the dorm and to the common room. He took a look around, before deciding he wasn’t gonna miss this place. Walking out the portrait he heard the bell ring for the first class. He smiled a grim smile as he marched to the Dungeons, never being more excited for potions then he was at that moment.  His black shoes echoed almost silently on the stone floor as he stopped in front of the classroom. He was late by just a few minutes, but he didn’t care. He took one more breath before he schooled his expression to that of being bored before turning the knob. It was time to die.

The End.
End Notes:
What did you guys think? Funny thing...I get less reviews on here then on fanfiction, but you guys are nicer...I think I prefer it here lol..


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2798