The Day he was Pushed too Far by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: Unable to deal with the pain and loss he felt during the third task; Harry slowly startes to fall apart,the others around him oblivious to it all. The loneliness continues to eat him up until one day, Harry finally snaps. Who will be there save him now and help him pick up the pieces?
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Other, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Prompts: Pushed Too Far
Challenges: Pushed Too Far
Series: None
Chapters: 38 Completed: Yes Word count: 76299 Read: 351386 Published: 11 May 2012 Updated: 28 Jun 2014
Chapter 8: All Hell broke Loose by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I apologize for the lack of imagination of the title, but apparently you guys dont like cliffys and I valued my life lol..I'm jk but I hope you guys like it

The story took on a mind of its own...I dont know if I have to change the rating or not, let me know if I do.

 Harry wasn’t surprised when he every head in the classroom swiveled in his direction in varies expression of shock and horror or in the case of Malfoy and the Slytherins; glee. Everyone knew coming to Snape’s class late was suicidal, he smirked at the irony. As his teacher barked to the students who immediately went back to their work he took this time to quietly place his locking charm on the door. He turned around quickly once he felt the magic set before looking at Snape who for once wasn’t glaring at him. The toad however was smiling cruelly at him, and out of reflex his hand twitched.

“Mr. Potter, my office now.” Severus said firmly as he gave some instructions to the class.

Harry sighed but walked into the man’s office. He took a seat down in the chair across the desk. Snape arrived about a minute later and placed a one way silencing spell around them. It allowed them to hear what was going on in the classroom but they couldn’t hear what they said in the office. Harry smirked cruelly perhaps this could work in his favor. He could shoot Snape right now and be done with it.

His good hand was already thinking that, and it was slowly inching towards its bag to bring the gun out. He stopped however when his teacher moved to sit on the desk right in front of him.

“Let me see your hand Harry,” Severus said tiredly, already having the correct potions he needed on the desk.

“Sir, what are you talking about?” Harry asked innocently as he sat frozen in his seat.

“You know what I’m talking about, so don’t insult my intelligence by trying to play dumb. In case you are really being obtuse for the moment let me point it out to you. Give me your hand, the one whose wounds were inflicted by a blood quill. Let me see how far the infection has gone.” Severus said with more patience he had ever used towards Harry before.

Harry could do nothing else but stare. His left hand lifted up without thought as he placed it on the man’s thigh with no comment. Harry watched the usually stoic and blank face, hold horror and rage for a moment before it blanked over again. He narrowed his eyes; Snape couldn’t be getting that mad over him?

“Why didn’t you tell someone?” Severus asked as he withheld a wince.

Severus sighed softly as he poured a numbing potion on the hand, waiting a moment for it to take effect. He didn’t want to cause the boy any unnecessary pain, knowing the child didn’t need to suffer anymore.

“I’m crazy and a fraud and an attention-seeking brat. Who the hell would have believed me?” Harry scoffed.

“Dumbledore would believe you as would your head of house.”Severus replied indifferently.

“You mean the headmaster who won’t even look at me? The same one who’s pretending I don’t exist? I don’t think so,” Harry replied, watching in morbid fascination as his teacher worked on his hand.

“Albus has his reasons I assure you. You could have come to me even,” Severus said the words slipping out before he could take them back.

“Whatever, I’m used to not being able to count on people. It was my mistake in the first place for thinking I could trust him. And you know damn well I couldn’t have just come to you. You would have tossed me out on my arse but not after telling me I deserved it.” Harry replied angrily.

His hand unconsciously held the gun now, he felt himself calm down as he touched it. Snape didn’t know it but he was treading on thin ice at the moment.

“I would never tell you or any student that they deserved to have a Professor abuse them. I’m harsh yes, but when have I ever raised my hand to a child Potter? I hate all of you equally.” Severus admitted with a smirk as he rubbed the essence of murlap on his hand.

“Well that’s comforting in a way, at least coming from you it is.” Harry replied tightly, the effects of the mild numbing potion wearing off.

“Are you in pain child?” Severus asked handing him a pain potion before he could even answer.

Harry didn’t bother to say anything as he drank from the vial. His grip on the gun loosened as he thought about something. Why in the hell was Snape helping him?

“Why are you being so nice to me?” Harry blurted out; after all he had nothing to lose.

“Because, I was wrong to treat you the way I did. I know you didn’t plant those memories, and believe me when I say that we will be speaking to the Headmaster about your appalling relations later on today.” Severus said as he wrapped up Harry hand in a water proof bandage.

Harry nodded but he couldn’t say anything as he stared at his teacher. Was the man confounded? What the fuck was going on? This didn’t make sense in the slightest it just made him more confused. As he watched Snape cancel the privacy charm and gesture for him to walk back into the classroom, he was in a daze. Snape had been nice to him, but why? Harry looked at his bag and at his newly wrapped hand.

The man had just taken care of him for reasons Harry still didn’t know. Maybe he didn’t have to shoot Snape. He nodded as he looked at the pink toad in the corner but he was definitely shooting her and that ferret Malfoy. It was genius really that the only available seat was in the back towards the left that gave him an almost perfect shot of the toad woman. Harry could feel the giddiness throughout his body he was ready for this.

Ron had looked up stunned when he saw Harry come in late, and got scared for his mate when Snape called him into his office. As he went back to his cauldron he remembered something he had forgotten to show Hermione. He dug into his trouser pocket and pulled it out. Snape had come out his office but he was glaring daggers at Umbridge, Ron couldn’t blame him. Quickly taking advantage of the distraction he turned to her.

“Hermione, do you know what this is?” He asked placing the golden item on the desk and rolling it to her.

“It’s a bullet Ron, see how the….,” Hermione trailed off in horror as she looked at Ron.

“What’s the matter Mione?” Ron asked softly.

“Ron what the bloody hell are you doing with a bullet?” She asked eyes wide in shock.

“I found it,” Ron replied softly, he would have commented on her language but her tone told him this was a serious matter. “What’s a bullet Hermione?”

“It’s something that people use to kill either other people or animals; though you would need a gun for that. Now where did you find this?” She asked slowly.

“In Harry’s trunk and what’s a gun?” Ron asked grimly as he looked at the now offending item on the desk.

Hermione was horrified at what she had just heard, ignoring Ron’s inquiry about what a gun was. She hoped to Merlin or God or whoever was up there that Harry didn’t have a gun to go along with that one bullet. Were there more bullets where this one came from? She turned to look behind her but she couldn’t see him clearly from where she was. Why was he sitting on the Slytherin side of the room anyways?

Harry slowly took out his gun, after making sure that no one was paying any attention to him and pointed it at the woman. He held his breath, and closed one eye before the silence in the classroom was shattered by this loud BOOM! Everyone jumped in fright a few of the kids screamed and covered their ears, but Harry only smirked as Umbridge screamed a terror-filled shriek and fell to the floor.

Her stomach was gushing blood and it was staining the stone floor. Everyone’s eyes were riveted to the woman on the floor who was starting to spit out blood. They watched her horror-filled eyes for a just a second as it seemed like everyone was holding their breath. For one moment all was quiet, until someone screamed and all hell just broke loose.

The End.
End Notes:
Hoped that was how you imagined it,,and yes I do have plans for him not to end up in Azkaban, just give it time. In the mean time, what did you think?


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2798