The Day he was Pushed too Far by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: Unable to deal with the pain and loss he felt during the third task; Harry slowly startes to fall apart,the others around him oblivious to it all. The loneliness continues to eat him up until one day, Harry finally snaps. Who will be there save him now and help him pick up the pieces?
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Other, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Prompts: Pushed Too Far
Challenges: Pushed Too Far
Series: None
Chapters: 38 Completed: Yes Word count: 76299 Read: 351370 Published: 11 May 2012 Updated: 28 Jun 2014
Chapter 9: What do you Believe In? by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Arghh...I had to redo this chapter as well as the next too,because of the complaints about whether or not he lives. That was annoying...but whatever, this might not come out the best because it wasnt what I orginally wrote.

The things I do for my readers, ahh well :)

Hope you guys like it anyways. oh one more thing depending on how you view it, some DH spoilers in this chapter, nothing big.

Harry calmly moved his bag in front of him on the desk and placed the gun on it before resting his head on the bundle. He was the only one in the classroom not freaking out. Well except for Snape who by then was ordering silence in his classroom. The minute everyone had quieted down everyone heard it. There was this long agonizing alarm before they could hear several walls down the corridor closing, along with doors. The fire in the fireplace changed from green to red in an instant and Harry grinned.

The castle was locking itself down. He could see his classmates trying to open the door, and he was very happy that he had placed his charm on it first as the castle hadn’t yet locked them in. He could hear a bolt sliding into place though he couldn’t see it before everything was quiet all except for one voice. 

“Attention students and Teachers! Do not panic, the castle has lock itself down, because it either felt threatened for itself or its inhabitants. I will be working on opening the doors to the classrooms as soon as I can. I repeat remain calm!” Albus Dumbledore’s voice said as it sounded throughout the entire castle.

Harry looked around his class again, they wouldn’t remain calm especially since the danger they were warned of was in the room with them. He could hear Umbridge gurgling on her blood and soon everyone turned and remembered her. Snape was quickly yelling out directions as he conjured towels and was pressing it to the woman’s stomach.

Severus wasn’t a healer and though he had basic healing training he wasn’t proficient as a healer and he didn’t know if the bullet was still in her stomach or how to close her stomach up.

“Keep pressure on it, do not let go of that towel for anything! Do you hear me?” He said sternly, as he ran to his office to get some potions.

“Yes sir,” Neville Longbottom and Vincent Crabbe replied. Neither boy looked at the woman they both hated, but instead at each other. Old rivalries weren’t present between them at that moment. Each of them just worried if they were next, speaking of which; what had just happened?

Hermione walked over to the lady who had made her question her faith in teachers and gasped. She had done a report on bullet wounds back in primary school and she knew without a doubt just what this was. But it was too much of a coincidence right? Harry wasn’t capable of murder was he? She turned around to see him looking just as calm as ever, and that chilled her to her bones.

Harry noticed a few wands scattered over the floor and quietly went a picked them up. He hid then in his bag placing an anti summoning charm on them. Breathing a sigh of relief he was nearly done, all he needed to do was take out Malfoy and then himself. Snape could clean this up. He nodded and turned his head eerily towards the blonde boy who looked like he might be sick. Harry walked over towards him the gun lying limply at his side.

“What do you want Potter?” Malfoy tried to sneer, but his sweaty, pale face hindered the effect.

“To kill you, plain and simple,” Harry replied coldly.

“You can’t kill anyone Potter, it would take a dark wizard and you are as light as they come.” Draco scoffed not at all afraid at the moment.

“You don’t need to have a wand to kill someone. You see what happened to Umbitch?” Harry asked softly.

“Yes,” Draco whispered as he turned to look into green eyes that looked much to calm for his sake.

“I did that,” Harry responded with a merciless smile.

“How did you do that? The potions classroom prevents any type of defensive or offensive magic in here,” Draco replied confused.

“I didn’t use magic, as for how; the same way I’m going to kill you.” Harry replied with a real smiled as he brought the gun forward.

“What are you gonna kill me with then?” Draco asked turning his head, wondering why he felt the need to go towards the back of the classroom in the first place. No one was paying them attention or so he thought.

“This is a muggle weapon, it’s called a gun. Now when everyone says I’m a killer they will be speaking the truth and nothing but the truth.” Harry replied as he cocked the gun. He pointed the gun directly in the middle of the blonde’s chest and stared at him.

Though Draco didn’t fully understand just what the thing was he knew that whatever had hit his teacher had cause extensive damage and he didn’t want to get hit by it. He didn’t want to die, and his breaths hitched up. His eyes widened in horror as he watched the boy close one eye. His body was trembling uncontrollably and against his will he felt his pants get warm and the tell-tale sound of water splattering on the stone floor. He was beyond scared to feel humiliated at that point.

“You’ve pissed yourself, so much for your pureblood etiquette,” Harry taunted.

Hermione stood up from her place on the ground and looked back to where she had last seen Harry. She glanced around the classroom widely, when she didn’t seem him. That it until she caught sight of Harry pointing a gun at Malfoys chest. She tried to summon it but it didn’t come to her, and she swallowed back her fear. She turned to look for her teacher and bumped directly into his stomach.

“Excuse Miss Granger,” Severus replied absently as he handed Neville a pain potion to give to the woman.

“Professor she’s been shot.” Hermione replied quickly, one eye still on the boys. They seemed to be talking, that would bide her some time. How much she didn’t know.

“I know that Miss Granger, what I want to know is how she got shot. No one here in Hogwarts has a gun,” Severus answered agitatedly.

“Yes they do,” Hermione said softly.

“Who do you mean?” Severus asked urgently.

“Harry has a gun, and he shot her.” Hermione answered as a lump appeared in her throat. Saying it seemed to make it true, but she couldn’t understand why; her best friend wasn’t a killer.

“That’s the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard Miss Granger. Now if you will excuse me I need to help your Professor,” Severus said with a shake of the head, everyone knew that Harry was harmless.

“I’m not lying sir look; he’s about to shoot Draco next,” Hermione said frantically pointing towards the back corner.

Severus’s heart stilled as he saw the scene in front of him. He looked at the girl and gesturing for her to stay where she was he quickly but quietly made his way towards them. He didn’t want to surprise Harry and have him shoot the child even sooner. He was having trouble believing it even though he was looking directly at them. How hadn’t he noticed this in the memories?

“Potter, why are you doing this?” Draco asked, eyes filling with tears. His life was flashing through his eyes, and he was painstakingly becoming aware of every horrid thing he had ever done to the boy across from him.

“If you have to ask, then you deserve this death more than anything. If I could stomach it I wouldn’t use this method at all, I would draw your death out so you could suffer every minute of it.” Harry replied enunciating the last sentence quietly with a glint in his green eyes.

Draco’s tears fell after hearing that, he could see his head of house coming towards him and he wanted to scream but he didn’t want to get shot. He could hear the classroom still as one by one; everyone became aware of just what was going on in the back corner.

“I’m sorry Potter,” Draco said quickly, and through his fear unsure if he even meant it or not.

“I don’t think you are Malfoy, you know what I think? I think that you’re only apologizing because you think that’s going to stop me from shooting you. A lovely Slytherin tactic but it’s not gonna work,” Harry answered with a smirk.

“You’ll get the kiss for this, or Azkaban if you kill me.” Draco said as a last resort.

“Please, right after I relieve you of your pathetic existence, I will be following you into the afterlife. I have no plans to live after today,” Harry replied as if he was discussing the weather.

“You’re mad,” Draco exclaimed before he covered his mouth hoping he didn’t anger the boy.

“Damn right I am, you all have seen it. This time I will be guilty for my crime, and when Voldemort comes back and kills your family, betcha anything this day will come back and bite you in the arse, hard. And you know what I’m going to be doing?” Harry asked with cruel laugh. “I’m going to be laughing my ass off beyond the grave waiting to see how many of you poor souls he’s gonna take down.” Harry finished before his gaze were back on Draco.

“Scared Draco?” He asked, remembering what the blonde had asked him second year.

“Terrified,” the Slytherin boy replied as he shut his eyes tight.

“That’s not part of the game; you’re supposed to say ‘you wish’,” Harry said with a grin before his face blanked over.

He could see Snape pulling out his wand and Harry moved the gun from his chest to his head.

“Come another step Professor, and I’ll blow his brains out,” Harry replied neutrally.

“Harry you don’t want to do this,” Severus said stopping in his tracks immediately.

“I have to do this,” Harry replied softly, looking at the blonde who was gazing at him with a sorrow filled expression.

“Why do you have to do this Harry?” Severus asked softly.

“Because if I don’t he will never understand how much he hurt me. I want him to understand how he made me feel.” Harry replied as his voice wavered for a moment before it steeled again.

“And he does Harry, I know he does. This isn’t the way to show him, you are not a killer Harry Potter,” Severus replied calmly.

“Oh but I am, according to the papers; isn’t that right Seamus? Dean, you wanna back up your best mate?” Harry taunted as he looked at the two boys who seemed to be close to tears themselves.

“Harry don’t do this,” Ron cried out from the where Snape had told him to stay.

“Oh now you’re on my side Ron? Did you know Professor that my entire house turned on me, because of the papers?” Harry stated casually.

“Did they Harry, how did that make you feel?” Severus asked, wanting to keep him talking.

“Hurt, and alone, like I did at the Durselys. I don’t wanna talk about me Professor,” Harry said his eyes never leaving the blonde.

“Alright we won’t talk about you child. What did you wanna talk about?” Severus said feeling like if he could keep the boy talking he could somehow get him to lower the gun.

“Maybe we can talk about how close you came to dying today.” Harry answered with a nod.

“What do you mean Harry?” Severus asked with a silent gulp.

“I was gonna shoot you in your office earlier, but you showed me kindness; why?” Harry asked, voice still tinged with the confusion he still felt.

“Like I told you before I protect my students, all of them. From teachers, their parents, students and even themselves,” Severus replied honestly, though fear twisted deep in his gut at Harry’s revelation.

“So you mean you would step in front of Draco and take the bullet for him if you could?” Harry asked in shock.

“I would, if it came down to that.” Severus replied softly, hoping it didn’t.

“If it was me, would you still do it?” Harry asked, quietly.

“I would in a heartbeat, why would I allow Lily’s son to die?” Severus answered back, unable to keep the emotion from out of his voice. He slowly walked forward, being careful not to garner attention.

“You knew my mum?” Harry asked in bewilderment as he turned to look at his teacher.

He thanked his seeker reflexes because he could see Malfoy turn either to run or grab the gun and Harry reacted instantly.

“Where do you think you’re going Mr. Malfoy?” Harry asked in a low, cold voice causing the boy to still in his tracks.

“Nowhere Potter,” he replied softly.

“That’s right, you are going nowhere. I grow tired of your games, for a snake you’re not very cunning. “Harry replied cruelly.

“Don’t do this Harry, this isn’t you.” Draco pleaded.

“Since when did you start calling me by my given name? No matter, but since you said it I should give you the same honor. Do you believe in heaven Draco?” Harry asked evenly.

“What’s heaven?” Draco asked his eyes overflowing with his tears, dripping off his face but he didn’t notice.

“A place muggles believe you go when you die,” Harry answered serenely.

“Please I don’t want to die,” Draco begged.

“Wow, I have reduced the Slytherin Prince to begging; never thought I would see the day. It’s too bad that neither of us will be able to enjoy it.  Goodbye Draco,” Harry said easily.

“Harry, Lily was my best friend.” Severus quickly said, sighing inwardly in relief as it had the desired effect on the boy; who turned to look at his teacher in disbelief.

“Mum was your best friend? How come no one ever told me this?” Harry asked quietly, as his emotions threatened to overwhelm him.

“I wasn’t sure you really wanted to know that your mother was friends with the greasy bat of the dungeons.” Severus replied honestly.

 He would say whatever needed to be said to keep the boy from shooting off that gun. Harry didn’t need any deaths on his conscious, no matter what the boy thought he would not be able to kill himself at least not on Snape’s watch.

“Can you tell me about her?” Harry asked softly, his eyes shining bright with tears.

Severus could see Draco trying to move away and he subtly shook his head. One wrong move and he had no doubt that his Slytherin would be on the floor gushing blood like Umbridge. Harry was still very much on edge and it frightened him to his core. He continued making his way slowly to the boys.

“She had a great laugh, and her hair was a vibrant red; every time I see your eyes I think of her because you inherited them from her. She was very protective of her friends, and she loved learning about magic. You’re very similar to your mother; I just didn’t see it before.” Severus admitted quietly. He was very aware that the entire class was listening but he didn’t care, keeping his gaze steady on Harry.

“How was she in school? Was she smart?” Harry asked, as his sight started to blur from his tears.

“She was extremely smart and talented in charms and potions. Lily saw the best in you even when you couldn’t see it yourself. She was very forgiving, and I was young and stupid.” Severus said closing his eyes as his own emotions tried to break through his barriers.

Harry watched his teacher with shiny eyes, wishing he could have known his mother, and got to know the woman Snape was talking about. He turned once more towards the Slytherin and stared at him, knowing his parents wouldn’t want him to do this, and had they been alive he would have never even thought of something like this.

“Thank you for telling me Professor, but that doesn’t change anything.” He said softly as he tightened his grip on the gun and leveled it at the Slytherin.

Harry could see and hear how everyone tensed and he laughed inwardly, wanting to relish in the moment, but knowing he couldn’t. He meant what he said, wanting the boy to suffer and he would make sure that his last remaining moments he had, would hurt. Harry smiled a malicious smile before cocking an eye up, as he prepared himself to shoot. He startled and jumped back when Snape suddenly inserted himself in between Draco and himself.

“Professor Move,” Harry said calmly.

“I can’t let you do this Harry,” Severus said softly, his heart pounding in his throat. He had never thought he would go out like this, but he would do what he could to protect his students; all of them.

“I don’t wanna shoot you Professor, so please get out of the way.” Harry said voice starting to rise in anger.

“Harry, you don’t wanna do this. I know you don’t,” Severus continued as if Harry hadn’t spoken in.

“I do wanna do this, I wanna end it right here and now,” Harry said nodding his head vigorously to prove his point, his face annoyed with his teacher’s hindrance.

“Then you’re gonna have to shoot me Harry to get to him,” Severus said calmly.

“Fine, if that’s what you want then I will.” Harry said heatedly.

“Then do so,” Severus said, closing his eyes; preparing for the impact.

The End.
End Notes:
What did you think? Did you like it? I didnt, but thats just me. Let me know alright


Flamers can...douse themselves in chum and jump into the pacific ocean. :)


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2798