Challenges by HPSSFan
Summary: Life can be a challenging thing. How can Harry and Snape handle one challenge that leads to many more challenges? How will this test their relationship?
Categories: Healer Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Ginny, Hermione, Lily, Lucius, Luna, McGonagall, Neville, Original Character, Other, Remus, Ron, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family
Media Type: None
Tags: Kidnapped, Physical Impairment
Takes Place: 7th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Bashing, Physical Punishment Spanking, Torture, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 31220 Read: 92546 Published: 12 Jun 2012 Updated: 15 Aug 2012
Apologizes by HPSSFan
Author's Notes:
Hey this is the second to last chapter

Harry had no idea how he had gotten to Diagon Alley. One moment, he was walking toward the center of Godric's Hallow and the next he was in Diagon Alley. He must have disapparated. Harry began to walk through Diagon Alley, allowing the sounds of the outside wizarding world to envelop him. It stopped him from thinking about what was actually bothering him. Just the idea of thinking about it caused his blood pressure to rise through the roof.

He walked past the Quidditch shop and stopped for a moment to look at the window. The new Nimbus 2000 Series 2 was displayed in the window. The original Nimbus was the fastest broom at the time. It is now the third fastest broom behind the Nimbus 2001 and the Firebolt. The thought of the Firebolt made Harry think about Snape, which caused him to turn away from the store window. He would have to think about what had happened sooner or later. Harry elected for later.
He continued walking through Diagon Alley, looking in the windows of shops and trying to figure out what to do next, when he ran into someone.

"Sorry." Harry apologized, keeping his head down.

"It's alright, son." A familiar voice said, causing Harry to look up.

"Professor." He gasped at the sight of Professor Lupin.

"Harry, wow. They told me that you had changed, but I didn't know you would look like this. What are you doing in Diagon Alley, by yourself nonetheless?"

"Apothecary, getting some porcupine quills." Harry responded fast. "You?"

"I also need to run to the Apothecary, for my wolf problem." He finished in a whisper. "Why don't we go there now?" He suggested.

"Sure." Harry said.

Great, now Harry had no way of escaping thought of the argument. Harry began to dwell on the argument as they entered the Apothecary. Harry head Lupin ask for a supply of Wolfsbane potion, bit it was the owner of the shop who brought Harry away from his thoughts.

"And for you kid?" He questioned.

"Oh, a pound of porcupine quills please?"

The owner disappeared behind the shelves.

"Are you okay, Harry?" Lupin inquired.

"Harry Potter?" The owner asked, poking his head out from behind the shelves.

"No" Harry responded.

The owner shrugged his shoulders and returned to collecting their order.

"I don't want to talk about it right now." Harry whispered as the owner came back to the front.

"That will be seven sickles for the Wolfsbane and three knuts for the porcupine quills."

Both men put their money on the counter.

"What's your name kid?" The apothecary inquired.

"Harrison Snape."

"Any relations to the potions master at Hogwarts, Severus Snape."

"Yes, he's my uncle."

"How is he doing? I heard what happened with the death eaters."

 

"He is doing much better, thank you for asking."

"I hope that he gets to play a part in the final battle when this all comes to an end."

"I will let him know that you are thinking of him. Thank you."

Harry collected the porcupine quills and left the Apothecary with Lupin.

"Why don't we get some food?" Lupin suggested.

"Sure." Harry replied, realizing how hungry he was.

They walked in silence for a few minutes as they traveled to the restaurant in Diagon Alley. When they both received their food, they sat down and began to eat.

"Harry, now is the time to talk about what is angering you." Lupin stated.

"How do you know that I am angry?"

"You still are angry about it as well. In the Apothecary, I wanted your hand keep twitching. True, I know that your hand twitches because of the nerve damage that you suffered. I also know that you've managed to keep that twitch in check when your emotions are in check. I could also feel your anger when you bumped into me."

"What do you mean you felt it?"

"Strong emotions such as anger and sadness, which are the most commonly seen, show themselves in our magic. They give off an energy which makes magic unstable when one is in that emotion. It is why young magical children who are scared or angry show displays of accidental magic. What is making you angry?"

"It's Professor Snape." Harry began.

"Your father." Lupin commented.

Harry gave a surprised look to Lupin.

"Professor McGonagall informed me of what had happened."

"Well, I asked him how You-Know-Who from out about the prophecy. It was my father who told him about the prophecy. I got angry and left."

"And why did that make you angry?"

"My father tells me that he was ready to die protecting my mother and I. When he gets the chance to do that, he turns heel. He's the reason that my mother is dead."

"When you were at the house, did you feel anything else?"

"I was scared." Harry whispered.

"Why?"

"I was so angry with him that I wished him dead. I wished that the death eaters had killed him. I'm still angry with him, just not as much."

"Harry, this is a thing of the past. It does no one any good to be angry about it. How do you think your father feels?"

"He probably feels guilty." Harry responded.

"Of course, he feels guilty!" Lupin exclaimed, then lowered his voice. "His wife gets murdered and his son is forced to live with muggles. Not only that, but his memory is forcibly taken away from him, so he has no recollection of ever having a family. When he learns that he did, he's angry at himself for how he's treated his son and how his son was treated by people who were suppose to be his family. If I were him, I would have enough guilt for each wizard, in the entire wizarding world, to bear a normal load."

Harry didn't speak for a while.

"Harry, I'm not trying to make you feel guilty." Lupin said. "I just want you to have some sort of compassion for how your father must be feeling."

"I wanted him dead." Harry whispered.

"You got angry, Harry. It was a spur of the moment concept. I know that you feel guilty about that, but it's normal to think irrationally like that, especially for teens. You know what you have to do when you get back home?"

"Yes, I know." Harry responded before dropping his voice. "Has the order met since....you know?"

"Since we found out, no it has not. I hope that you will allow me to accompany you home. I feel that your father would not approve of you being out here alone in the current state of things."

Harry shook his head and, after they finished their meal, they headed back to Godric's Hallow.


Harry apparated Professor Lupin and himself to the front door. He threw it open and shouted,

 

"Dad!"

When he got no answer, he shouted again,

"Dad, where are you?!"

He poked his head into the living room and saw his father sitting in the wheelchair, staring out the window.

"Dad." Harry called again, kneeling in front of his father.

Snape still did not respond. Harry reached for his hand.

"Dad." The boy whispered to his father, touching the man's arm.

Snape slowly turned at the feeling of his son's touch. Harry could see where the tears had stained his father's face. Snape did not respond, so Harry kept talking.

"Dad, I'm really sorry. I never should have said those things. I had no right to say them. I was out of line. I'm sorry."

Snape had not moved while Harry spoke, which is why it was such a surprise when Snape slid out of his chair, to his knees, and grabbed Harry tightly in a hug.

"Thank Merlin, Harry. I thought I lost you again." Snape whispered. "I thought you were gone and never coming back."

"How could I leave? This is my new home, Dad."

The End.
End Notes:
One more chapter left.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2826