Snape's Marriage by MyDarkGuardian
Summary: Snape, as it turns out, is getting married. And he's marrying.... Bellatrix?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Bellatrix, Dumbledore, McGonagall
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Character Bashing
Prompts: Bellatrix Snape Black
Challenges: Bellatrix Snape Black
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 7190 Read: 26999 Published: 12 Dec 2012 Updated: 02 Jan 2013
An Argument With Harry by MyDarkGuardian
Author's Notes:
Ok so this chapter kind of bums me out... I had it all written and ready for you guys, but my computer crashed and I lost it all! Redo time! Also, this is still inside Severus's memories!

Snape paced irritably in front of the stone gargoyle that guarded the entrance to the headmaster's study. The old man had decided to change the password and for some reason neglected to inform him of such. As a result he was stuck waiting, like a dog, for the headmaster to find him. He was sure it wouldn't take too long. Severus did have information that would help Dumbledore's precious prodigy, after all. As he mused, familiar and unpleasant voices drift his way. Potter and his precious sidekicks. A smirk distorts his face. It is far too late for them to be out of their houses. Curfew regulations set in in less than fifteen minutes. There is a very good opportunity for taking points here.

"Well speak of the devil," Snape grumbled. Harry turned the corner and Severus's lip curled in distaste. Its exactly as he expected. Granger, with her hair that was so reminiscent of a bush, carrying a sackload of books on one shoulder, and an armful in the other hand. The Weasley boy, with his ridiculous orange hair and his hands full of some sticky snack that he snuck from the kitchen. And then there was Potter himself. Potter. Snape almost spat. The boy was obnoxious, rude and arrogant. Just like his father.


"And then Professor McGonagall said that if we kept up with our assignments there was a very good chance that we could be put in the advanced class, do you believe it?" It was Hermione.


'Really,' Snape mused 'Did the girl ever SHUT UP?' Their useless prattling came to a halt when they saw Professor Snape standing in the hallway.


"Potter." Snape sneered again. "Unless I am mistaken, which i assure you i am not, it is far too late for you to be out of your houses wandering the halls. Curfew is in less than ten minutes. And I believe there was a potions essay I assigned to you. Do you mean to tell me you're finished? If you have so much time to waste uselessly wandering the halls i am sure there are many subjects to which i could attatch an additional essay. In fact, if any of you get less than exemplary on your essays tomorrow its points and detention for all of you, no matter who is at fault."


"And would the one at fault be YOU, professor?" Ron spat. Well well. the boy had a spine after all.

"RON!" Hermione hissed.

"Ten points for insolence, Weasley. And remember, I am not the one who turned in a faulty essay."

"Yes professor," Weasley grumbled. Snape turned, satisfied, but whirled in a rage at Ron's next words. "Stupid git."

"Detention, Mr. Weasley. Tomorrow, before the dinner hour."

"I have class, professor."

"Dinner, then, Mr. Weasley."

"Dinner? But professor-"

"Dinner, Mr. Weasley, and dont be late." Snape was pleased to see two identical spots of red appear on Ron's cheeks.

"Professor, that's not fair!" Harry shouted. Snape's lip curled.

"Well well, Mr. Potter. In case it has escaped your notice life isn't fair. I expect you in detention at the dinner hour tomorrow, understand Weasley?"

"Listen, Snape," Harry yelled, "Where do you get off bullying people and-" With a wave of his wand, Severus silenced the boy. Potter glared at him. Snape had to hide a self satisfied smirk. Clearly the boy had not yet mastered the art of the effectual glare.

"First off, Mr. Potter, you will address me as Professor Snape, and nothing less. Secondly, I am well within my rights to give you detention whenever you misbehave. And one more thing. Ten points from Gryffindor for insolence, ten more for raising your voice at me, and detention with Weasley tomorrow." He turned to Hermione. "Miss Granger, since you appear to be the most sensible of your pack of dunderheads I suggest you take them away before their foolishness can lose your house any more points. You also have exactly five minutes to make the eight minute trek back to the Gryffindor commons room. If I ever catch any of you out of your rooms past curfew i assure you, the consequences will be most dire. NOW GO." Hermione nodded, and dragged both boys off by their ears, lecturing them the whole way as they hurried back to their houses. Snape sighed, and took a seat in the shadows next to Dumbledore's study. Amusing as that had been, he now had to wait for Dumbledore to let him into the study. Snape shifted into a more comfortable position and closed his eyes. Dumbledore wouldn't be long.

A few minutes later Albus Dumbledore stepped out of his study to find a sleeping Snape in the shadows nearby. His eyes twinkling, the headmaster produced a pillow for Snape's head, and a blanket for his body. And when Severus awoke, he would find the password to enter written in ink on his hand. Dumbledore then turned and went back up the stairs. He had other things to do, no need to wake the sleeping professor. With a small chuckle and a nod to the stone gargoyle, Albus Dumbledore dissappeared once more into the headmaster's study. 

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2883