Snape's Marriage by MyDarkGuardian
Summary: Snape, as it turns out, is getting married. And he's marrying.... Bellatrix?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Bellatrix, Dumbledore, McGonagall
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Character Bashing
Prompts: Bellatrix Snape Black
Challenges: Bellatrix Snape Black
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 7190 Read: 26996 Published: 12 Dec 2012 Updated: 02 Jan 2013
What Snape Reported by MyDarkGuardian
Author's Notes:
Sorry if Peeves wasn't exactly correct. Its been a while.

Snape awoke with a start to find himself dripping from the explosion of a water balloon over his head. He swore violently, wiping the water from his eyes.

"PEEVES!" He shouted. Peeves cackled.

"Time to wake up you greasy git! You big black bat!" Snape growled. Peeves was on his alphabet insult kick again. "You smelly snitch! You-"

"SHUT UP, PEEVES!" Snape bellowed.

"Now listen here, you loud lousy loser!" Severus gritted his teeth.

"Peeves," He said, calming himself, "If you don't shut up RIGHT NOW i'm calling the baron." With a pop, Peeves dissapeared, a single ghostly tounge pointing out at him before dissappearing to make mischief elsewhere.

"Fat fart frog!" The words echoed in the now silent hall. Snape sighed and pushed his wet hair away from his face. He winced, massaging his stiff neck with his other hand. He was too old to fall asleep sitting up. As he pushed the hair out of his face, ink on his hand caught his eye. He rolled his eyes.

"I should have known," He muttered. Walking over to the gargoyle he said: "Bertie bott's every flavor beans." With a stone rumbling the gargoyle shifted aside to let Snape pass. His robes billowed as he quickly ascended the stairs leading to Albus's study. Dumbledore looked up as Snape entered the room.

"Ah, Severus. I trust you have news for me?"

"Indeed. The dark lord is content to merely wait for now. However, he has presented me with a choice most disturbing." Dumbledore raised an eyebrow.

"Do tell, Severus." He waved his hand, and a chair slid into place behind Snape, taking his legs out from beneath him and sending him sprawling into the chair. Another gesture, and the moisture from Peeves' water balloon floated away from Snape's clothes to fall and cause a puddle on the floor. Behind them, the fire roared higher, and Fawkes purred in contentment. A steaming cup of tea appeared in Severus's hands. Dumbledore leaned back in his chair. "What schemes has Voldemort concocted now?" Severus sighed.

"To maintain my positon as one of the Dark lord's favored, he has endeavored to choose a suitor for me." Dumbledore's other eyebrow joined the first to melt into the white hair on the top of his head.

"And the name of the lucky lady?" Severus cast a cold glare at Dumbledore.

"Don't patronize me, Albus."

"Of course not, Severus. Drink your tea." Snape shook his head and stood, placing his cup on the edge of the desk. He walked over to face the fire; staring into it for such a long time the silence began to be suffocating. Suddenly Snape whirled.

"I am to marry Bellatrix Black. Tell me, Headmaster, did your precious seer find this in the cards? You have forced me into a corner, into making a decision I very much do not want to make."

"Remember your promise," Dumbledore whispered.

"My promise? Do not presume to remind me of things I know. I have lied, sworn oaths, risked my life and gained countless injuries in the name of my promise." Snape spat the last word. "You now ask me to choose between life and marrying the woman I most despise in this world."

"I understand that this is difficult for you, Severus."

"Do you, Headmaster? Do you really? Can you possibly imagine the degree of danger I subject myself to every day in the name of keeping Harry bloody Potter safe? A boy who every day grows to be more like his arrogant, rebellious father."

"I never said that this would be easy. You knew the risks when you made the oath. All I ask you to do is carry out your end of the bargain."

"You FAILED at your end. Why should I uphold mine?" Dumbledore's eyes turn flinty hard.

"I KEPT THEM SAFE! THEY WERE THE ONES WHO PUT THEIR TRUST IN THE WRONG PERSON!" Snape stared at Dumbledore, eyes wide. What was up with the old man? He was never angry. Dumbledore's eyes softened. "I cared for her too, Severus, If not in the way you did. You were not the only one who lost. It hurt me as well to see them taken so early in their lives. They could have accomplished many things had they not been stolen from this world so soon."

"But WHY didn't you stop them?" Snape's voice was filled with anguish. Dumbledore sighed, rubbing his forehead wearily.

"By the time I knew, it was too late. I'm sorry, Severus." Snape frowned angrily.

"Thats not good enough."

"It is all I can give. Remember who you do this for. You swore to me."

"Not for you. This is not, nor has ever been for you. Nor is it for the brat." Snape once again turned on his heel, stalking out of the office, his cape swirling behind him.

"Of course not. No one holds sway over you like she does," Dumbledore whispered. He opened his hand to peer at the picture it contained. A girl with firey red hair and shocking green eyes stared back at him. With a sigh, Dumbledore closed his hand again and the picture dissappeared. Fawkes, noting his master's distress, flew over to land on Dumbledore's lap, elicting a small smile from the man. "I am all right, my dear Fawkes." He stroked the phoenix's head. "I am all right." He gazes into the fire, sitting and pondering for quite a while.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Ok, I made Dumbledore a little nicer... he was a bit harsh last time. Enjoy!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2883