Snape's Marriage by MyDarkGuardian
Summary: Snape, as it turns out, is getting married. And he's marrying.... Bellatrix?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Bellatrix, Dumbledore, McGonagall
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Character Bashing
Prompts: Bellatrix Snape Black
Challenges: Bellatrix Snape Black
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 7190 Read: 26999 Published: 12 Dec 2012 Updated: 02 Jan 2013
Defense Against the Dark Arts? by MyDarkGuardian

 Severus and Bellatrix sat at the table in silence; the only sound the silverware clinking against the porcelain dishes. Bellatrix picked at her food, trying to be dainty. Severus elegantly consumed his soup, not gobbling it, but not simply picking at it either. Bellatrix watched him with a grin. He raised an eyebrow.

“Something funny, Bellatrix?” He asked. She grinned wider.

“There’s a rumor going around you’re a vampire, Severus. Everyone will be very unhappy to hear they’re untrue.”

“So sorry to disappoint,” He responded, a trace of irritation seeping into his voice. Bellatrix pulled herself out of her chair and strode over to him, massaging his shoulders.

“I’m not disappointed. I couldn’t do all the fun things I can do with you with a vampire.” She chuckled evilly. Snape’s stomach churned.

“Quite.”

“Oh you silly boy. Don’t be ashamed. We are married.” Snape wanted to vomit.

“I believe you had news?”

“Oh right!” She smiled seductively. “How much do you want to know?” Snape rubbed his forehead. He could feel a headache coming on.

“I am not in the mood to play this game, Bellatrix.” The woman actually pouted.

“Fine. I got a job today.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes, really. Would you like to know where?”

“Obviously. Why else would I still be sitting here?”

“Hogwarts.” Snape, who had just taken a sip of tea, narrowly avoided spraying it everywhere.

“Repeat that, would you? For some reason I heard you say Hogwarts.”

“No, you heard me correctly. They were looking for a new defense against the dark arts teacher. Looks like I fit the bill.” Bellatrix giggled manically. “And now… well I’ll be so close to the boy it will be a cakewalk to get him out of there and into the hands of the dark lord!” Severus bit his cheek so hard the blood began to flow. This… was going to be trouble.

“How did you manage that?” He asked her, voice calm, portraying none of his inner turmoil.

“Oh that was easy! I just cast an illusion to make me look like someone different.”

“Show me.” Snape commanded.

“Of course.” With a flick of her wand, Bellatrix transformed herself into a woman with short, blonde hair and bright blue eyes. “What do you think?” She asked. Snape was astonished. Even her voice was different.

“You look… very…”

“Attractive? Marvelous? Gorgeous?” She glowered at him. “You better not like this me better than the other.” Snape shook his head, still stunned.

“How...?”

“I don’t know… it was just something it turns out I can do.” She kissed Snape on the lips. “I’m so glad you’re pleased. Now we can be together all year!”  Snape’s sallow face turned green. He staggered up and away from the table.

“Excuse me. I think I’ll retire for a while.” Bellatrix looked after him with concern.

“Feel better!” Snape staggered into the bedroom and closed the door, barely making it into the bathroom before being sick.

“Ugh.” He moaned. Bellatrix was going to be at Hogwarts. The stakes just went up. He had to protect the brat, pretend to love Bellatrix, help Bellatrix with her schemes to capture Potter and make sure her schemes failed. He also had to keep this tumultuous marriage from breaking apart. This was going to be one complicated year. A worm of a thought wiggled at the back of his brain. Then it hit him. Dumbledore. Why hadn’t Dumbledore stopped Bellatrix in her tracks? He was the one in charge of hiring the new staff. Snape frowned. Something was going on here, and he meant to find out. He staggered to the bed and crawled in. He really wasn’t ill, but Bellatrix was obsessive. In a few moments, she would come to check in on him. If he wasn’t lying in bed, she would know something was up. He closed his eyes. Once she left, he would be free to do whatever he liked for the rest of the day.

True to his predictions, mere moments later he heard the bedroom door open. He held very still and breathed deeply, pantomiming sleep. To his relief, not one minute later the door closed again and he was left alone. Now that he was in the bed, however, he no longer felt like getting up. He rolled onto his side. ‘In five minutes, I’ll get up and go speak with Dumbledore.’ He thought to himself. The voice in his head, the one not sent by someone else, merely his own crazy, laughed. ‘So not going to happen and you know it.’ Snape growled, but his breathing evened out as he fell fast asleep.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2883