Harry My Brother by Slytherin_Lion
Summary: While reading through his mother's journals from her Hogwarts years, Harry discovers he has a half-brother whose father is Severus Snape. Now he and Snape must find his brother who will not be what either of them expected.This is for the Unknown Brother Challenge
Categories: Big Brother Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Other
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Crossover
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Character Bashing, Romance/Het, Romance/Slash
Prompts: When Fandoms Collide, Unknown Brother
Challenges: When Fandoms Collide, Unknown Brother
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5996 Read: 16858 Published: 30 Dec 2012 Updated: 09 Feb 2013
Chapter 4 by Slytherin_Lion
Author's Notes:
Hey everyone Sorry that it has been a while but this is the longest chapter to date. Also their is important info in the end note.
Alexander walked forward before coming to a hault before Severus who was not sure what to expect, everything between the young man before him yelling and screaming to the lad smacking him across the face before storming out of the room however the reaction that he got was not one he expected.

“Well at least now I know where I get the eyes from” Alexander said before giving a grin causing Severus to arch a brow and Harry who had up until that point been frozen to give a giggle. This caused Alexander to look around Severus who had moved in front of Harry when the woman had said Alexander’s name. When he saw Harry, Alexander smiled and held out his hand.

“Hi I am Alexander Tanner” he said his smile became even wider when Harry grasped his hand.

“Hello I am Harry James Potter-Snape” Harry cringed slightly not knowing how the man before would react. While Alexander’s eyebrows drew together as he looked between the two before his faced smoothed back out and the smile came back but slightly smaller.

“Well it is nice to meet you Harry. Mandy do you have a room where I can speak to Mr Snape and Harry” Alexander said with a bright smile to the woman behind the desk.

“Of course Alex you can use this room it is time for the children’s lunch any way. I hope that you can sort everything out. Oh is William with you?” she questioned.

“Yes he is could you please tell him to come here in about half an hour” Alexander told the woman who nodded and left the room.

“So I am guessing that you are my father and that Harry is my brother” Alexander said while taking a seat the other two people in the room knew it was not a question but merely an observation.

“Yes to the first part and yes to the second although not in the way you might think” Severus answered sitting down cautiously while Harry still stood in the background obviously unsure of his welcome.

“I guessed that Harry is your son but he looks nothing like you so I will go with adopted and that considering the similarities in our appearance -with the cheekbones and the shape of our nose- that we share the same mother. Am I Right?” Alexander said giving the men before him a scrutinising look.

“Yes you are.” Severus replied feeling rather astounded at the perceptiveness of the young man before him.

“Harry you can sit down you know I will not bite unless backed into a corner” the bad joke broke some of the tension in the room and Harry sat down beside Severus who he was wondering how much he should tell the young man before him about magic because he had not been to Hogwarts so he could not be Magical.

“Why after all of this time did you decide to finally come and look for me” Alexander asked and even though he tried he could not quite keep the hurt out of his voice. Severus acted almost without thinking and went over to the young man who was his son before squatting down before Alexander.

“I want you to look into my eyes while I tell you this” after he had Alexander’s full attention he continued. “Up until a few days ago I had no idea that you even existed I had known then I would have taken you from this place in a heartbeat. I only found out when Harry received his mother’s journals on his 15th birthday. Will you listen to Harry and I while we tell you all that we know.” Severus asked when he received a slightly hesitant nod from Alexander Severus got back up and went to sit back into his chair.

For the second time that day Harry and Severus retold what Harry had found out and what had happened since then. Severus also passed the journals over to Alexander but warned him that reading them may be upsetting. Both Harry and Severus were worried about telling Alexander about magic because they did not know how he would react. Before they could cross that bridge the door to the office opened and a man stepped in.

He was of average build, dressed in a three piece suit, he had a kind good natured face but in his eyes you could see years’ worth of hardship and more recent pain. His hair was thinning at the front even though he was probably only a few years older than Severus. Before either Harry or Alexander could react Severus was up on his feet.

“You have got to be kidding me he was the child that you had me make the magic analysis potion for.” Severus growled obviously trying to keep his temper under control.

“You know him Dad” the boys both asked at the same time thought they were looking at different men.

“Yes son I know him” The men both answered looking at the respective boy that had spoken to them. Alexander and Harry looked at one another before bursting into laughter at the disgruntled expression on the older men’s faces.

“Harry this is my adopted Dad William Tanner but everyone calls him Bill.” Alexander said to Harry before turning back to Bill “Dad this is Severus Snape my birth father and Lily Potters other son and my half-brother Harry Potter-Snape” Alexander said before going a sitting while indicating for Harry to follow, they were both obviously content to watch the show down between the two men.
It took several minutes but after throwing some insults back and forth Severus finally for the third time that day told Bill why he had not gone looking for Alexander.

“What did they mean by magic analysis potion” Harry asked Alexander while Severus and Bill had a conversation behind a silencing shield. Alexander searched Harry’s face before sighing.

“If I am going to tell you about that then you and Severus will have to come back to where I work because even here walls have ears” Alexander told Harry before getting up and going over to the other two men who now seemed rather calm. When he got to Bill he whispered something to the man before getting a nod in return. Bill said something to Severus which caused the man to stiffen before relaxing and nod in a resigned sort of way. Alexander walked out of the door with Bill following him Severus walked up to Harry and indicated towards the door before following the young man out of the orphanage and to the black Jaguar that was waiting for them.

~~~HMB~~~

When the car stopped Harry did not recognise the building but he thought that he may have seen it on the news a couple of times. Alexander and Bill took them through the building and up to the top floor. They went through an office that looked like it belonged to an incredibly important person. They walked past a very pretty woman who smiled at them all and threw a wave to Alexander and Bill before waving them through the door at the head of the office.

When they went into the office the man behind the desk looked up. He looked like a hard man to please, rather aristocratic man with a receding hairline and a light scattering of grey around his temples, however when he gave them a small smile Harry could not help but instantly trust him. The man stood up and moved around his desk he stopped before Severus and Harry.

“I am Gareth Mallory and seeing as you are here I see no need to keep you in the dark you are at the headquarters of MI6 and I am its head. I am mostly called M” The man before them introduced himself. Severus and Harry did the same before M walked back around his desk and sat down.

“Harry you asked about the magic analysis potion, Bill knew of the magical world because his Grandfather is a squib. He realised that I had shown intelligence well beyond anything that I should have so when I was twelve he had my blood tested with a potion. Bill can tell you more about the results than I can.” Alexander said before looking to Bill.

“The potion showed that Alex is not a squib as I first thought, his magic turned inward and became mind magic. The magic has caused Alex to have a genius level IQ, he can multi task with at least three things at once. It also means that no one can use Legitimency on him. Alex did have small bout of accidental magic but not much.” Bill explained, the explanation shocked both Harry and Severus but for different reasons. Harry had never heard of anything like what Bill had just said and Severus had only heard of it because there had not been a Mind Wizard for over one hundred years.

Before anyone could say anything else the sound of raised voices came from outside then the door burst open before a man burst into the room followed by the woman from outside.

“Sorry sir I tried to stop him” She said to M who nodded.

“What the hell is going on Q who are these people” The blond man shouted obviously stunned by the presence of Severus and Harry.

“Good afternoon Bond you do know how to make an entrance.” Alexander said with a fond smile while the other two men in the room gave exasperated sighs.
To be continued...
End Notes:
OK info for the James Bond Characters which may or may not come up in future chapters.
James Bond Born April 13th 1958 (37)

Gareth Mallory Born 28th December 1947 (48) for those of you familiar with Skyfall Mallory was kidnapped by the IRA while in Ireland. In my story he was take prisoner during the Falkland island war instead.

William (Bill) Tanner Born February 18th 1954 (41) 29 when he adopted Alex

Hope this helps with understanding the story.

Next chapter Bond gets a telling of, Mallory reveals a secret and Sirius, Hermione and Ron pop up just to be a pain in the neck. until next time.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2894