When Am I Awake? by HPSSFan
Summary: The final battle is over, but how has this effected Harry and how he sees who is dead and who is alive? How does he know what is real and what is a dream?
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: Arthur, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, Lucius, Luna, McGonagall, Molly, Neville, Other, Ron, .Snape and Harry (required), Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, General, Mystery, Supernatural, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Character Death, Profanity, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 13363 Read: 17619 Published: 16 Jan 2013 Updated: 11 Apr 2013
Chapter 5 by HPSSFan
Author's Notes:
A short chapter, but I hope a good chapter none the less.

 My eyes flew open as I sat up in bed. I was gasping for breath, my throat was raw like I had been yelling. Sweat plastered my clothes to my body. My hears was racing as I slammed my glasses onto my face. Did I just die? Of course I did, but what does that mean? Does that mean that this world is the real world? Of course it is, I'm still here. What's going to happen when I go to sleep tonight? Will I see black?

I turned to the window and saw no trace of sun in the sky. I needed a place to think, sort out my thought. I got  dressed as quietly as I could and went down to the kitchen. On my way into the kitchen, I had passed the Weasley Family Clock. Bill, Charlie, Percy and Mr. Weasley were all at work. There were two new arms that had been added to the clock. One for me and one for Hermione because Mrs. Weasley insisted that we were now apart of this family.

I stared at the clock for a few seconds before leaving the house. I didn't leave a message because I was hoping to be back before anyone would notice my disappearance. When the bands had loosen across my chest, I was standing in front of a graveyard.

Off in the distance, I could see the dim outline of Hogwarts. It was still badly damaged, but progress was being made. Hopefully, repairs would be finished in time to open up for the next term. I walked through the graveyard, making my way to the only black grave stone in the entire cemetery. Walking through this graveyard reminded me of visiting my parents grave in Godric's Hallow.

I stood in front of Snape's grave for awhile before sitting in front of it. Every grave, except for Snape's was white. It was a sight that you would see at a muggle armed forces cemetery or war memorial. I couldn't help but to smile at the grave, knowing that Snape was with my mother in heaven.

"Professor, there is so much that I want to tell you right now. I don't even know why I want to tell you what is going on because I don't know how you would have acted toward me if you had lived. You probably still would have hated me. I really need someone to hate me right now because everyone is treating me like a king and I hate it. I just thought I would let you know that I'm really the only one who misses you."

"Awww.....that's cute. The boy who lives cares for misses the traitor to the dark lord." A voice called, making me just to my feet and withdraw my wand from my pocket.

"How did you escape Azkaban?" I questioned, leveling my wand at the man.

"They never captured me, you fool!" He shouted.

Yaxley had been the only death eater that the authorities couldn't captured. The spells started flying. There was a point in time when my mind was just focused on fighting Yaxley and nothing else. We had dueled for maybe five minutes before I saw desperation edge its way onto Yaxley's face.

"Why won't you die, damnit?!" Yaxley questioned as he shot spells at me with an increased frequency.

I blocked a spell and shot one back quickly, its bright green light illuminating the pre-dawn sky. Or at least, I thought it was. Something hit me and I staggered backwards. I was fighting for air. I couldn't breathe. My lungs burned with the need for air. Why couldn't I breathe? I was coughing and gasping for air when I noticed that I had been coughing up blood.

I went down onto one knee, losing strength quickly. Black started to blur the edges of my vision and it was moving fast. If I wasn't able to breathe in a few seconds, I was going to black out. I could hear my wand being kicked away by Yaxley before he kicked me in the ribs, expelling precious air out. I was forced onto my back by his kicks. He stopped, but I still couldn't breathe.

"When you see my lord, tell him that I sent you to him ."


 Ron walked down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Ron. Is Harry up yet?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"I thought he was down here. He's not in bed." Ron informed his mother, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

Mrs. Weasley levitated the breakfast plates before walking over to the clock. There was a loud crash of plates breaking on the floor.

"Mom?" Ron questioned, standing up at the sight of his mother shaking. Those at the table went over to Mrs. Weasley and looked at the clock. Nothing look out of the ordinary when it came to the clock. It looked and worked like it normally did. Then they noticed the gears of a hand pointing at mortal peril. They all looked down simultaneously to see that hand laying on the ground, Harry's face looking up at them.

That's how they knew that Harry was dead. 

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2900