Shattered by Lillielle
Summary: I own nothing. AU. Harry has Dissociative Identity Disorder. This may have gone well...until he was Sorted into Slytherin.
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Fred George, Hagrid, Hedwig, Hermione, Lucius, McGonagall, Narcissa, Neville, Petunia, Pomfrey, Ron, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Family, Horror, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Profanity, Rape, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 41 Completed: No Word count: 43680 Read: 208718 Published: 21 Jan 2013 Updated: 03 Oct 2014
Chapter 9 by Lillielle
Author's Notes:
Sorry this chapter is so short. It's just a bit more of their time in the Hospital Wing and abuse flashbacks occur.

They should have expected it. Later, Tom would castigate himself for not trying harder to get out of the Hospital Wing. Not that it mattered much in the long run-Snape assumed they were having nightmares about the attack that had landed them in Pomfrey's care, anyway. But it wasn't good enough. Not anymore. Not with Dumbledore poking around. He had to get involved, of course. It was his school they'd been assaulted in. But Tom didn't trust him. None of them did. Jay even trusted Snape more than he trusted the Headmaster, which said something.

In any case, the body had been asleep only a short time when the flashbacks started.

Uncle advanced upon the trembling, sobbing boy in the corner. His belt was looped around one ham-like fist. Blue knew he despised sniveling, knew she'd get it even harder, but she couldn't help the tears that dripped down her cheeks anymore than she could help the way the bruises flowered in dark blue splotches over her arms and legs when he hit her.

"Shut it, boy, or I'll give you something to really cry about!" Uncle snarled. His voice was slurred a bit, and Blue knew he was drunk. He'd spent the night out at the pub, and not even Aunt liked dealing with him when he'd had one too many. Blue hadn't even done anything wrong. She was just there, and thus, a handy target for his rage.

But Blue couldn't shut it, not now, not really, although she stuffed her hand in her mouth and bit down so hard she nearly drew blood. It didn't work, and the belt licked around her arm to leave a trail of fire down her shoulder. She bit her lip savagely to stem the shriek threatening to tear free. If she woke Aunt or Dudley, she could expect to end up in an unconscious, bloodied heap in the cupboard. Tom couldn't heal that easily or quickly.

So she bit her lip and closed her eyes and felt the belt rain down on her in a flurry of sloppy blows. Tears slid constantly down her face, and the whimpers came freely, but she did not scream. No matter what Uncle did, she would not scream. She would not...

Consciousness came quickly, too quickly, and Blue snapped her hands up, as if warding off another blow. Professor Snape jerked back from his stooped posture over her bed, and she looked at him with overly wide, too bright eyes, her chest hitching.

"You were having a nightmare, Potter," Snape muttered uncomfortably and sat back in his chair. He'd transfigured one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs into a cozy armchair, where he'd apparently been sat reading, watching over her.

"Sorry," Blue croaked an apology. They came second nature to her, and thus she missed the surprised look that came into her professor's dark eyes.

"Nothing to apologize for, Potter," Snape replied. "I presumed that would happen after the attack on you earlier this evening."

"Oh," Blue mumbled, tracing a nonsensical pattern on the bedspread with her finger. The tips of her ears turned red. Was Snape actually being...nice? The thought seemed too fantastical for words, yet here the man was, sitting at her bedside like he gave a damn. The thought was oddly comforting.

Go to sleep now, Blue, her twin told her. Blue nodded sleepily and turned over. Normally she would be loathe to turn her back on a strange man like that, but Snape seemed...all right. At least for now. And if not, well, Jay would watch out.

Pulling the sheets up to her chin, Blue was asleep again within minutes.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2906