Stuck by rosina
Summary: Summary Snape is sent to deal with accidental magic performed at Privet Drive.(Warning - he's quite nice!)
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Fic Fests > #15 Winter Fest 2013 Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Charity Burbage
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 3993 Read: 23596 Published: 11 Jan 2014 Updated: 12 Jan 2014
Nativity Play Evening by rosina

“Thank you for agreeing to accompany me,” Severus said as he and Charity walked the last few yards to the entrance of Little Whinging Primary School.

“Not a problem,” she replied. “I don’t get out into the Muggle world as often as I should these days and this could be fun.”

“Look out for the donkey’s ears,” he told her as they reached the entrance doors.

“Would you and your…friend care to come back to Privet Drive for a cup of coffee?” Petunia addressed Snape rather reluctantly after the play.

“Thank you,” he accepted, ignoring the annoyed glance Vernon gave his wife. We should take the opportunity to check on things and perhaps strengthen my protective spells.

**

“Could I see your new room, Harry,” asked Charity, giving Severus the chance to talk with the Dursley adults while Dudley was busy rummaging in the fridge. .

He grabbed her hand and pulled her up the stairs. “Look!” he exclaimed, chest puffed out with pride.

“Very nice” she admired. “May I make a few additions?” At Harry’s excited nod she transfigured a sheet of paper into a corkboard which she stuck to the wall. “There. Now you can display your artwork,” she told the boy. “And…” with a wave of her wand she conjured a small silver tree complete with magical lights and a little pile of ornaments for Harry to add.

“Ohhh!” Harry whispered, his eyes shining almost as brightly as the tree.

“How do you get on with Professor Snape?” Charity asked, taking advantage of the privacy to get an answer to one of the questions she had been hoping to ask this evening.

“He’s funny!” grinned Harry. “But he’s really nice, and kind – look what he got for me.”

Charity smiled as the little boy twirled around with his arms outstretched.

“He told me about magic too,” Harry chattered on, “and he’s stopped Uncle getting angry! Is he your boyfriend?”

“Uh, no, Harry. We just work together,” replied Charity quickly with a blush. “But,” she whispered conspiratorially, “I may try charming some mistletoe over the holiday.”

“Ahem,” came a deep voice from the doorway. “You will need to watch where you stand on Christmas Day too, Harry. Your aunt and uncle have agreed that you may spend the day at Hogwarts, if you would like to do so.”

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3011