Stuck by rosina
Summary: Summary Snape is sent to deal with accidental magic performed at Privet Drive.(Warning - he's quite nice!)
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Fic Fests > #15 Winter Fest 2013 Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Charity Burbage
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 3993 Read: 23599 Published: 11 Jan 2014 Updated: 12 Jan 2014
Christmas Day by rosina

Harry woke early on Christmas morning, to find to his delight presents under his little tree!

He was just perusing  ’My First Book of Quidditch’ when his aunt knocked on the door. “Hurry, get dressed quickly, and come and help me with breakfast,” she said, handing Harry a plastic carrier bag. “Sshh,” she said as he looked inside and began to thank her.

Downstairs, they sat down to scrambled eggs on toast together, before preparing a huge fry up for Vernon and Dudley, although Dudley was more interested in ripping open all the gifts that were piled up for him under the big tree in the front room.

“Happy Christmas, Uncle Vernon,” Harry tried.

 “It will be if you get out of the house before Marge arrives,” Vernon grouched, although with less venom than Harry was used to.

“Why not go upstairs to wait for Mr Snape,” suggested Petunia.

Harry happily complied, and spent the time creating thank you cards for Severus and Charity, utilising the felt pens  and coloured card that were contained in Aunt Petunia’s gift to him.

He was just satisfied with his handiwork when the doorbell rang, and he heard Snape’s silky voice greeting Aunt Petunia. Grabbing his new red hat and gloves set, and picking up the cards, Harry raced down the stairs. “Happy Christmas, Professor!” he shouted as he leapt down the last two steps. “Thank you for the books!”

“You are welcome,” said Snape. “Now, where is your coat? It’s drizzling outside.” Petunia produced the new coat Snape had bought for Harry in Diagon Alley, and the pair set off to the secluded Apparition place.

As they reached the corner of Privet Drive a large estate car turned into the road. Harry moved closer to Snape’s side as Ripper leapt from the front seat where he’d been travelling next to Aunt Marge, and barked furiously out of the side window as the car went by. Harry smiled nervously up at Severus, “That dog hates me,” he said, “but it’s Dudley that pulls his tail and teases him. I’m really glad you’re taking me out today.”

Me too, child. You are surprisingly agreeable considering your upbringing and heritage.

**

They landed outside the gates of Hogwarts, and “Snow!” Harry breathed. He dashed into the grounds and began making snowballs while Snape secured the gates. Severus had to smile as the child danced gleefully when the snowball he aimed at the closest tree caused a small avalanche, and prompted a couple of owls to fly up into the sky hooting angrily. Then Harry looked up the hill. “Wow! Is that real?”

“Indeed it is, Harry. Hogwarts awaits you!” Casting an Impervious charm to keep the boy’s feet dry, Severus led the way towards the castle which was looking especially enchanting with a dusting of snow decorating its ledges and parapets, and on to the most wonderful and magical Christmas Day Harry could ever have imagined.

 

 

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3011