A Hogwart's Carol by Saphire_Rose
Summary: Can a visit from some unhappy spirits save Snape and Harry from a life of misery and cold comfort?
Categories: Fic Fests > #15 Winter Fest 2013, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley, Dumbledore, Eileen Prince, Hagrid, James, Lily, McGonagall, Original Character, Other, Petunia, Tobias Snape, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort, Supernatural
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 12336 Read: 47420 Published: 12 Jan 2014 Updated: 12 Jan 2014
Epilogue by Saphire_Rose

Harry stood in the doorway his arm draped around Gabrielle, his wife of ten years. After finishing Hogwarts he had travelled with his father. They had gone to France and Harry had taken the opportunity to call upon the Delacour family as Bill and Fleur Weasley were visiting. He had seen Gabrielle again and they had agreed to write to each other. When she was old enough he had courted and married her. Ginny Weasley had been very upset about it and hadn’t spoken to him since.

They both looked on fondly as Harry’s Daddy told the story of how Harry had become his son to his growing number of grandchildren. They had yet to tell him that baby number five was on the way.

Albus sat across the way, his eyes twinkling as he looked upon his family. There had been a few times in the early years when Lily’s handprint had been visible but he soon learnt whether to interfere or not with the men’s lives. Surprisingly hiding Harry from his irate father when he was in trouble was allowed as it gave Severus time to calm down.

Severus held his youngest grandson in his lap. He smiled at the emerald green eyes that looked up at him in awe. There was plenty of love in the room and he had never been so grateful for those ghostly visitors all those years ago.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3012