No one Noticed by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: Depressed from the death of his godfather and back to school from the worse summer he ever had, Harry is on the brink of death with no will to live. He just wants to succumb to the darkness knowing his parents are on the otherside, but someone won't let him. Why does he care when he never did before..or did he?
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Other, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: 6th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Profanity, Self-harm, Suicide Themes
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 52909 Read: 80920 Published: 26 Feb 2014 Updated: 13 Jun 2022
Chapter 5: Can you Keep a Secret? by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I was so happy today..got a nice little email that said reviews..I was stoked! So here is this one..see what happens when we review... :)
When Severus finally left Albus's office it was about 1 hour later and he knew he was late for lunch. He hoped Harry hadn't waited for him, but when he flooed into his quarters he knew that wasn't to be so. He was horrified to find Harry sitting at the table, staring unseeingly at the wall.

The boy's hands were clasped together in his lap and the food on the plate in front of him; untouched. What in the world had happened to the child? The man cautiously went over to him, making sure not to touch him. Harry didn't seem to be all that at the moment and he didn't want to startle him.

"Harry can you hear me? It's Professor Snape and we are at Hogwarts. You're safe child I promise you that. Harry can you answer me?" He asked in a patient tone that were usually only reserved for his abused Slytherins. He pondered silently to himself that he was starting to group Harry in with them.

"Yes sir," Harry replied carefully blinking slowly and starting to come back to himself.

He looked at the food on the table and even though his stomach clenched painfully he didn't touch it. Oh he had wanted too, but he hadn't, no matter what Snape had said he knew it would not have been okay.

"Why didn't you eat?" Severus questioned quietly.

Harry's brow furrowed as tried to figure out if this was a trick or not. He was tensed in his chair, he didn't like the way the man was looking at him. Not to mention he was in his personal bubble of space and he felt crowded. He was doubting himself, and he started to fall back on what he knew usually appeased his uncle. Hopefully it would work on Snape.

"I'm sorry sir," Harry replied respectfully, his eyes low. He didn't want to look into those dark expressionless eyes.

"What are you sorry for Harry?" He asked gently. "You didn't do anything,"

Harry's stared in confusion as he tried to understand the question. Snape needed a reason to say sorry? Uncle Vernon never did.

"I don't understand sir," was his honest answer.

"Why are you apologizing Harry when you didn't do anything wrong. When one apologizes that usually means they have done something to warrant one," Severus explained.

"I didn't?" Harry asked clearly puzzled over that answer."It's just at the Durselys it was always the right thing to say so I wouldn't get into trouble," he admitted

"Not here Harry; Why didn't you eat?" Severus asked getting back to the root of the problem.

"I was waiting for you to come back so we could eat together," Harry replied cautiously.

He couldn't tell Snape that he was forbidden to eat before anyone else, he didn't want to feel that shame coursing through his body.

"It would have been fine if you had eaten, I did not mean for you to wait for me. For dinner time that's normal enough, but in the future if I'm not at the table in 5 minutes I want you to start without," he said seriously.

"I understand, but that doesn't seem proper," Harry said getting annoyed with the fact that Snape was trying to break him away from everything he had ever known.

"Once again your relatives were wrong and I will repeat that for as often as you need me too. While it is polite to wait until everyone is seated to eat, it is unorthodox for you to think you can't eat until everyone else has had their share. You are not below anyone Harry Potter, and seeing that I had taken too long you should have eaten. And you will the next time this happens, won't you?" Severus said firmly, he had heard exactly what Harry hadn't wanted to say.

Harry only stared at the man, he didn't want to answer that. How had Snape known? How he had always known? Once it became apparent that the man was expecting an answer he reluctantly nodded as he tucked in his food.

Severus knew that they needed to discuss his flashbacks but at the moment Harry had already revealed a lot of things today. And he didn't want to push the child to talk about something he clearly wasn't ready to talk about. They sat down and enjoyed their fish and chips. Severus knew that Harry needed to get some fresh air or he could become depressed if he was left to his thoughts.

The other day was proof of that and he sighed as he pulled out the child's wand. He had confiscated it when Albus had said that Harry might be suicidal in a sense and he didn't want to take the risk of the child harming himself with his own wand. As it was, he wanted the child to go outside and he knew that he needed to protect himself.

"After lunch Harry I want you to take your broom and go for a fly around the pitch. I will be giving you your wand for the duration of that time period. If you don't want to do that, that's fine I just ask that you take a walk around the lake. Either way you have to go outside for 2 hours," he told him as he handed over the wand.

"You're kicking me out? Harry said in a neutral voice as he pocketed his wand.

He relaxed slightly at the warm feeling tingling throughout his body as his magic reconnected with the wood. He stared at the man in front of his, his face a carefully put together mask. As although he had prevented the hurt from his tone when he had voiced the question, he couldn't prevent it from shining through his eyes.

Severus could only shook his head, had the child always been this sensitive? Or was it the fact that only a week ago, had it really been that long? But Harry had been on the brink of death and everything he had ever known had come crashing down in an instant? That could be it, and he knew he could not fault the child.

"Of course not, Madame Pompfrey told me that you have to get at least 2 hours of fresh air every day. And you know how she can be if her orders are ignored," he replied smoothly and it was the truth.

"Yeah, I know," Harry muttered before smiling at the dour man of all people listening to the medic-witch's order. It was laughable at best, but he knew what a tyrant she could turn into it if someone knowingly disobeyed her orders.

"And tonight, if you feel well enough you can eat in the great hall with your friends. And you can show them that the Greasy Bat of the dungeons hasn't killed you," Severus told him causally.

"Professor, how can you call yourself that? Harry asked with such an innocent expression he could see it throw his teacher off a bit.

"Children don't whisper properly when they're angry, I hear and see nearly everything, Snape replied quietly. He had long ago gotten over the hurt of their words, it didn't mean anything to him anymore.

Harry's face burned as that as he didn't know that Snape could hear them taunt him. He felt so low, maybe Snape was right to call him a bully. He was no worse then his father had done.

Severus took in the expression on the child's face, for a second his face was an open book but then he closed it off, but Severus had already seen the hurt.

"Honestly Harry it's not only you; even Granger has called me that at least once. And I don't take offense, children behave in my classroom do they not?" The Potion Master said easily.

"Yeah, but still it's not a nice thought. But...thanks Professor," Harry said with a soft smile as he finished up his lunch.

Harry then went to his room and laid on his bed and grinned. He had never had a room of his own unless you counted his cupboard; he didn't. He grabbed his Firebolt and instantly thought of Sirius and he prepared himself for the onslaught of grief.

Surprisingly he didn't feel like he usually felt when he thought of his Godfather, he actually felt a little bit lighter. It was an odd feeling which he then shook off before walking out his room and wishing goodbye to his Professor as he headed to pitch.

Taking the secret passages he didn't bump into anyone as he honestly didn't want to talk. When he arrived at the pitch he saw the Slytherin team was practicing, this was perfect. Without thinking to check to see if anyone was around he took off on his broom towards Draco.

He saw the boy deep in thought, as he seemed to be studying the chasers. He flew past the boy at racing speed, nearly scaring the blonde off his broom.

"Damn it Harry, I could have died!" Draco yelled out angrily, his gloved hand over his rapidly beating heart.

"Nope you were fine Dray," Harry replied offhandedly; not the least bit worried about possibly scaring his friend to death.

"Where have you been Harry? School has been in session for almost a week and I'm only just seeing you. I was really worried about you. This bloody pendant you gave me has taken 10 years off my life this summer. Not to mention being back here. What the hell happened to you? And don't you dare say nothing," Draco ranted at him. "These Pendants that are connected to our magic wouldn't have heated up if it was just nothing,"

"Sorry Dray I didn't mean to scare you, but can I tell you about that later. Now isn't really the best time for that," Harry said as he turned to look back at the castle. He had the strangest feeling that he was being watched.

"Alright, well I'm holding that to you Potter," Draco playfully sneered.

"Draco where's Daphne, why isn't she practicing?" Harry asked frowning as he realized that the Slytherin girl was nowhere to be found.

"She's a bit behind on homework so she skipped practice to finish in the common room. Did you want to see her?" Draco asked with a sly grin.

"Yes and No, I have to get my 2 hours of fresh air before I'm allowed back in the castle," Harry explained.

"Oh, that's...different," Draco said a little confused by Harry's statement, but trusting him enough to tell him when he was ready.

Harry played a mini Quidditch game with the Slytherins of course with him and Draco as seekers for the opposite teams. Harry had really missed flying up here; he always felt right in the air, like he belonged here. He just wished he could stay up here forever. The game lasted for 3 hours before Draco barely caught the snitch before Harry did.

It was all in good fun. He put his arm around Draco's shoulders and he and the team walked to the locker room unaware that someone had been watching them. That feeling that he had felt earlier had meant something even though he had brushed it off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back in the Headmaster's office, Albus was looking out the window and to the Quidditch pitch, delighted at what he had seen.

"Perhaps there is still is hope alive in Harry Potter. You are stronger then you know child. To be able to befriend the house of the misunderstood when so many of their parents wishes you dead; astounds me." The Headmaster smiled to himself before popping a lemon drop into his mouth.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry walked with the snakes to the last hallway before they entered the Great Hall where they went in before him. He took a deep breath and waited 5 minutes before coming in after them. Just as he thought all conversation at every single table ceased, as the students all turned around to stare at him.

He wasn't all that interesting and he could never understand the hype around him. So he missed a week of school, no big deal, it could happen to anyone. He looked up at the staff table and avoiding the eyes of his Head of House he looked at Snape, who nodded his head at him to sit down.

Harry looked over at Draco and wished with all his might that he could sit with him. He caught Remus's eyes then made a gesture that looked suspiciously like ‘we need to talk'. He nodded in agreement although he didn't really want to talk to Moony; he knew it had to be done. This was all surprising to him as he didn't know that Remus would be back teaching this year.

He wasn't sure actually if that was good or bad. Harry was in a good mood and didn't want to sit with the Gryffindors who would only talk bad about the man who had saved his life. Sure Snape could be cruel but so could each and everyone one of them. He chose to sit by Luna and Neville at the Ravenclaw table.

"Hey Harry," Neville said as Luna echoed him as Harry took a seat.

"Hey guys," Harry replied dejectedly, picking up a random food item to put on his plate. He couldn't really eat with everyone looking at him like this.

"Don't worry about them Harry, the nargles will take care of everything I promise. Are you feeling better?" Luna dreamily asked.

"I'm getting there," Harry said not the least surprised at how she seemed to know things she shouldn't.

Maybe her invisible animals weren't so invisible, after all if you've seen death you can see the Thestrals just fine. Maybe it was something like that, he wouldn't doubt it.

"Is he the cause of that? I know how overprotected he is of his snakes. And your an honorary one so it has to be him right?" She asked dreamily.

"Yes, he's helping me," Harry admitted, he couldn't really lie to Luna, plus why would he want too?

"You have to open up and let him in Harry, even if this wasn't what you wanted. He gave you another chance at life so don't you dare waste it Harry Potter," Luna replied her voice taking on a hard tone for once. She wanted him to understand that this was very serious.

Harry had to fight the urge to gape at her and he wondered what else was going on in tat head of hers. How did she know? He found that he couldn't say anything in reply to that. She would see right through any old excuse he had.

"Good I'm glad," Neville piped in easing the boy's thoughts at once.

They started eating then, with Harry eating as much as he could with the way everyone was turning around so often to look at him. It was silence in between his friends but it was companionable silence.

Harry was glad that he had these two as his friends. He finished moving his food around his plate; he couldn't eat here if they were all going to treat him like this. He was hoping to sneak out without bumping into anyone but it was not to be.

Remus apparently had his eye on him because before Harry could take a step out of the Great Hall Remus had his hand on his shoulder, restraining him from going anywhere. Harry couldn't help it he flinched and cringed away from the sudden contact.

Remus's eyes narrowed and his eyes changed to amber as his expression turned feral. Harry never noticed how animalistic it made him look and he couldn't help the uncomfortable feeling that was starting to form in his stomach.

"Harry cub, I would never hurt you, you know that don't you?" Remus asked frowning at the implications of what that flinch meant.

"Yes Remus I know that, you just startled me is all," he replied honestly.

Remus didn't look as if he believed the child but he decided to let it go for now. "Come let's go to my office."

Harry reluctantly went, although he didn't want to have this talk with Remus. He had already spoken with Snape about most things already. So why did he have to tell it over again.

If Remus truly wanted to know, the man should just ask Snape. He straightened his shoulders like he was preparing for a battle and walked into Remus's office and closed the door. He decided then to tell Remus the basics of most stuff and leave it at that.

He sighed quietly as he efficiently gave the man a rundown of what went on at the Durselys that led them being here. When Harry got through telling Remus about this previous summer and how Snape had saved him so close to death, he was reminded how over protected Moony could get.

Because Remus had enveloped him in his arms and hugged him quitely tightly that his ribs started to hurt. But he just kept quiet, enjoying the feeling of someone who cared for him holding him close If he was being honest with himself he did feel quite better now that Remus knew.

As much as Harry was enjoying his time with Remus he knew he was cutting it too close; he had to meet Daphne and Draco at 7:30pm and it was already 7:20pm.

"Moony, I'm supposed to meet my friends at 7:30pm so I can't stay for much longer. Was that all you wanted to talk to me about?" Harry asked softly.

"Yes that's all Harry cub, but I have missed you. Maybe once in a week we can meet and talk together, maybe have tea? Would you like that?" Remus offered the slight teen.

That did sound alright to Harry, he liked talking to Remus. They were each others link to their lost loved ones; Harry wouldn't deny the man that, especially since he took Sirius away from him.

"Bye Harry," Remus called out as the boy exited his office.

Harry took off running for the Slytherin Common Room paying close attention that no one was watching or following him. He was in front of the portrait and whispered basilisk, the portrait opening a moment later. Harry loved how warm the dungeons felt despite the chill, he felt accepted here.

Everyone in the common room turned to see who had come in before there were greetings to him before they turned back to whatever they had been doing. The Slytherins were used to Harry coming into their common room. They got over their shock back in his second year; when it was revealed he could speak with snakes.

That was a Slytherin ability and they knew that he was a snake on the inside that's all that mattered. Harry went up to the 6th year boy's dorm where Draco, Theo, and Daphne were waiting for him.

"Where's Blaise? Harry asked as he looked around the dorm and didn't see the dark skinned boy anywere.

"Got detention with Filch, Theo replied ruefully.

"What did he do?" Harry asked curiously.

"Got caught in the Restricted Section," Daphne murmured in amusement.

"I don't know what the hell he was looking for though," Draco piped in, wanting to be part of the conversation.

"Um a book?" Harry said with a smirk.

"Smart ass, you know what I mean," Draco said sticking his tongue out at the boy.

"Enough of that; where have you been for the past week? We didn't see you on the train and you haven't been to any of your classes. I only knew you were in the castle because I overheard Madame Pompfrey talking to the Headmaster about you," Daphne said, bringing the conversation to where she wanted it to be.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened now?" Draco asked quietly, the humor from earlier gone.

Harry didn't want to go here, but he knew they deserved to know. He would never hide something this big from them, not when he knew they might be able to help.

"Well...Snape said I almost died," Harry started out slowly.

"You almost died? How?" The girl asked out fearfully, as he reached her hand out to touch the boy. Clearly he was fine now, but not before that. What had happened?

"Well, I died for a second but he brought me back," Harry answer truthfully.

"What actually happened Harry?" Theo broke in, tired of him beating round the bush.

"It's sort of a long story," Harry said trying to stall. Even though he knew they needed to know, he didn't want to tell it all over again.

"We've got time," Draco said, his voice even and his face a careful calm mask. Harry was not going to get out of this.

Having just told Remus what happened not 30 minutes ago Harry didn't want to tell it again. He still had to sleep tonight and bringing it up again, would most certainly lead to nightmares. He didn't like that look that Draco was giving to him either a mixture of betrayal and hurt.

But he rationalized if he couldn't tell the snakes who could he tell, surely not Hermione or Ron. Ron would make Harry feel guilty about not telling anyone and Hermione would try to talk about his feelings. The Slytherins would only listen. Nodding his head Harry decided to tell them but he was interrupted by a 2nd year bursting through the door.

"Professor Snape is in the Common Room and he said he'll be doing dorm checks in a minute. Choosing randomly the 6th year boys are first," he blurted out breathlessly before he left to warn some more students.

"Damn it, what the hell is Uncle Severus doing?" Draco rushed out as he quickly got up and off the bed.

Their dorm was spotless mostly, and this was unsurprisingly to say the least, but it was just bad timing on his godfather's part.

"I don't know but Harry has to hide," Daphne said as if that wasn't obvious.

"You don't love me anymore Daph? You're so ashamed of me that you want me to hide?" Harry teased playfully. He turned his head so she wouldn't see the grin on his face as she tried to right her supposed wrong.

"That's not what I meant Harry, I only said it because...are you laughing at me?" She asked as she saw his shoulder's shaking and she knew he wasn't crying.

"I'm just kidding Daph I promise, where am I going to hide though?" Harry chuckled as he stood up and looked around the dorm.

"Theo go check and see what Snape is doing, Harry will hide in the toilet," Daphne replied.

"He's going to see his feet if he walks in there, " Draco drawled out slowly.

"Not if he's standing on the actual toilet," Daphne smugly answered.

"He doesn't check the bathroom does he Dray?" Harry asked worriedly.

"Not usually," Draco answered truthfully.

At that moment Theodore burst back into the room hurrying to straighten up his stuff. "He's coming up the stairs now, Harry hide!" He hissed out.

Daphne grabbed Harry's hand and led him bathrooms and into a stall. Harry not wanting to stay in there by his self, held onto her hand when she tried to leave. She rolled her eyes but stayed there with him.

They could hear Snape in the dorm room and hoped he wouldn't come in to the toilets. After 10 minutes had passed Snape was finally done and left so Harry and Daphne came out to a much cleaner dorm room.

"I hate that we can't tell Uncle Severus, I feel so guilty.
Why can't we tell him again?" Draco whined out.

The others sighed having heard this question numerous times. Theo decided to answer it this time.

"Because you know what he is, and who he's friends with. Would you rather feel guilty about not telling him or scared and betrayed that he told your father? Not to mention hurt when he finds out that you befriended the golden boy; and then finally used as bait so they can catch Harry?" Theo calmly but bluntly asked.

He himself knew the price and the risk of Harry friendship. And after 6 years he wasn't going to lose him to a stupid mistake.

Harry wanted to tell them that Snape was a spy for the light side who would never betray their secrets, but what if they accidentally told someone? Snape would be killed so he kept that information to himself.

"Yeah I forgot about that," Draco replied sheepishly."Sorry Harry."

"Malfoys don't apologize, remember Draco?" Harry smirked remembering their 1st year.

"Prat," Draco muttered back before rolling his eyes.

"Harry where are you staying? I went up to the infirmary but you weren't there and Pompfrey wouldn't tell me," Daphne said frowning.

"You should've had Draco go, you know he's her favorite Slytherin," Harry grinned at her, because they all knew it was true. The Matron had a soft spot for the blonde boy, for a reason that Draco was tight-lipped about.

Draco put his nose up in the air and attempted to reply in a pompous tone but busted out laughing halfway through it.

"Seriously where are you staying Harry?" Theo repeated, not wanting this conversation to get side tracked.

"With Snape in his quarters," was his quick answer before held held his breath waiting for their reactions.

"Did you not just hear our previous discussion on him? Are you crazy? Is the Headmaster insane? Don't answer the last one, of course he is. Why are you staying with Uncle Severus?" Draco rushed out worriedly.

"Weren't you the one who just wanted to tell him about Harry being our honorary snake? Do you have a personality disorder? What the hell changed Draco?" Theo asked grumbled out.

"Well for starters, he can do what he wants to Harry and no one would know. You know how Harry is, he wouldn't tell anyone if Snape did something to him," Draco replied quietly, well aware of how he was talking about his godfather. But he knew the man could be ruthless, especially when it came to the name Potter.

"I'm fine Draco. Poppy and the Headmaster both know where I am and they come and visit every day. Relax; I still have this bloody pendant you gave me back in 1st year. You'll know if something happens, which I doubt will," Harry sighed out.

"Yeah Draco, he did save Harry. Why would he do that if he wanted him dead? It doesn't make any sense," Daphne sensibly answered as she thought that over.

"I don't know but until we find out why, we're going to have to keep a close eye on our Head of House and see okay?" Draco said slowly.

"Alright," Harry muttered out finally.

He would have to tell Snape to be on his guard; but was unsure on how to do that without alerting the man that he was on friendly terms with the snakes. Harry's ribs were starting to hurt from when Remus had hugged him, and he needed a pain potion.

"It's getting late guys, I'd better head back," Harry said as he stood up, unable to suppress the small wince that graced his face at the movement.

"You okay Harry?" For Daphne had noticed the change in his expression.

"Just peachy," he grinned out at her when he saw her worried look.

"Do you guys want to have dinner together tomorrow?" Theo asked, but he was mostly just asking Harry to join them as he always ate with his fellow Slytherins.

"Yeah, don't forget to tell Blaize though," Harry replied he wanted his other friend to be in the loop. "See you guys later."

"Night Harry," they all chorused.

Harry walked over to the fire place and hissed to the snake on the on the wall, the remaining students in the common room didn't pay him any mind. After his 2nd year when he was ousted as a parsel-tongue they had finally accepted him as one of them.

And in return he showed them the secret passages in their common room that can only be opened by parselmouths. Harry stepped through the passage and walked down the tunnel, it led him directly to Snape's quarters. As he came out of the tunnel, the portrait of Salazar who was guarding the quarters smirked at him.

"Young speaker that is a passage from inside the Slytherin common room and you are a lion are you not?" Salazar said curiously, he didn't have many portraits around the castle. And unfortunately of the few he had none of them were in the Slytherin common room.

"Only on the outside," Harry answered breathlessly, it hurt so much to breathe at this point. He had become very equipped at hiding his pain that his friends hadn't even noticed anything was off with him.

"Lily Flower, " Harry said quickly not feeling well enough to converse.

When Harry walked in he saw Snape sitting in front of the fireplace. He wasn't sure how to ask for the potion so he schooled his expression and tried to hide the pain. Apparently he didn't do such a good job as the man suddenly stood up and narrowed his eyes at him.

"If you are in pain, tell me so that I can give you a potion," Severus said in an attempt to get Harry to share about his injuries.

But his efforts were in vain as the boy said nothing. He was fairly certain that the child was hurting but the quarters were silent.

Harry wanted to tell him that he was hurting but his stupid pride wouldn't let him. Not to mention the insecurity he was feeling. What if Snape told him no after he had asked?

He didn't know what to do if he was being honest. "I'm fine sir," he said I as the man was looking at him so he figured he'd better say something. He did however instantly regret doing so as he was far from fine.

"Of course you are Mr. Potter, never the less the potions you were supposed to take with dinner are on your dresser with a sandwich. Please eat the sandwich first, you barely had anything at dinner and you can't take those potions on an empty stomach," he said as if the child hadn't blatantly lied in his face.

Severus looked at the child in front of him, who was struggling with himself on whether or not to say anything but finally nodded and left the room. This boy kept surprising him each day.

The Headmaster had told Severus about Harry flying with his snakes with no hostility from either of them and that had him intrigued. He wanted to know how that came to pass but was reluctant to ask; knowing if he went about it wrong then tempers would flare.

He shook his head, that child was so full of secrets. Severus had a feeling that the boys ribs were bothering him when he walked in but he wouldn't admit it. He wasn't really surprised at that seeing how long it took the child to admit his abuse and Severus was sure that Harry hadn't told him everything.

Nonetheless, no child under his care was going to be in pain; not his snakes and certainly not Harry. So Severus had added a pain reliever on the boy's desk for him to take.

Harry sat down on the bed with a hiss of pain, man he really wished he had said yes to the pain potion. The pain was so intense it was bringing tears to his yes. Trying not to breathe deeply, he ate his sandwich as quick as he could, and took the potions.

Noticing an extra potion on the desk he looked at his curious before deciding that Snape probably wanted him to take another nutritive potion. He took it without thought and was shocked when his ribs stopped hurting. How did he know? That simple act of kindness was Harry's undoing that night.

He cast silencing charm around his bed and got under the covers and finally cried to his heart's content.
He had known for years that he didn't deserve kindness but Snape was proving him wrong at every turn.

Maybe his life was worth living, despite all the hurt. The pain of losing Sirius didn't make him feel like he was suffocating anymore, he almost felt that Sirius would want him to be happy, and Snape gave him that.

As long as Snape wanted him around Harry felt he could take on the world, to have an adult on your side that will fight for you and only you and not what you stand for, made Harry feel good.

He wanted to tell Snape everything but he couldn't just yet, there was a part of him that remembered just how mean Snape could be and didn't know if he would go back to treating Harry like that.

He had forgiven Snape he just wished that Snape would forgive him when he apologized for looking into his pensive.

He dried the last of his tears on his pillow as he blew out a quiet breath of relief. He hoped that the man would accept his apology because he didn't know what he would do if he didn't.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3033