Runaways by Whitsnitch91
Summary: They went through the same, and yet they were so different. They had the same secret and yet reacted so different.
Severus saves two boys, takes them in and tries to change everything, now that he knows, and yet everything is already different.
Will he be able to keep control of what he had planned? Will he manage with two boys on his hands, two boys that keep him busy?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Snape is Stern
Genres: Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Runaway, Time Travel
Takes Place: 1st summer before Hogwarts, 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Profanity
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 48318 Read: 48913 Published: 08 Mar 2014 Updated: 24 Mar 2014
Chapter 7 by Whitsnitch91
Author's Notes:
Hey, thank you once again for all those that took their time to review my first six chapters!
I really appreciate it!

Kendra, commenting in Spanish really made my day, I had to dig up that little bit of Spanish I remember :) It made my day.



But here, an especially long chapter, seeing as I won't be able to update during the week.

Harry and Pierce were both sleeping deeply in the Hospital wing, a watchful Poppy standing besides their cots. She treated both with utmost care, having administered bruise balm to almost their entire body, having healed them magically and now simply letting them rest dosed with a rather high concentration of dreamless sleep.

Snape had brought both boys to her, nearly two hours ago, both hexed unconscious and floating before him, he had deposited them on cots and then magically undressed them before he began snapping pictures while giving her enough intel to know what she was dealing with.

She now eyed both of them sadly, clearly remembering the Professor in his childhood years, how she had patched him up every single time he had come home again after the breaks, beaten and badgered, chronically underfed and dehydrated.
She knew now that she should have stood up to the Headmaster back then, that she should have fought for the boy. But she was such a young mediwitch back then, working at this school had been a blessing, one she had never dreamed of, and when the Headmaster told her to drop it, she had.
Not this time though, she promised herself, standing at Potters bed, with her arms crossed over her chest, remembering clearly how she had patched Snape up for the first time in her life, the images still scarring her memory.

“Are they still sleeping?”

“Yes, Sev, are you still planning to take them to your quarters?”

“If you release them, then yes. I would prefer if the school not yet knew of their presense. It would be best if the two of them had the chance to fully heal before they get mobbed by the crowds.”

“And Mr. Rodgers, when will you inform him?”

“Tomorrow morning, perhaps that way he can go into his last two final exams without as much weight on his shoulders, and I doubt that I can keep Pierce Rodgers calm for very long if I lock him away.”

“They need nutrition potions, both of them. Both are very malnourished, and they need to apply the bruise balm and scar-removal once a day. I suggest you aid them, as they will have a hard time reaching their backs. I would also prefer seeing them again in two days, to see how they take to the potions. Mr. Potter needs to have his left wrist rebroken or he will have problems when he gets older, I doubt they ever took him to see a doctor in the first place, his bones are in terrible shape. And Pierce needs to see a dentist, I can only do so much.”

“Thank you, what about Potters eye-sight, is there anything we can do?”

“You’d have to take him to a specialist, it’s not my field of expertise and I would probably do more harm than good.”

“Thank you Poppy, I will bring them up again in two days after curfew, please do inform me if you have guests though, if that is the case you might need to come down to the dungeons.”

“Yes, I should and please make sure they eat a lot. They need to gain weight, but it needs to be healthy, and light food, they have not eaten properly in weeks, well their entire life, though Pierce is in way better shape than Harry is.”

“Anything else?”

“Yes, they are exhausted, and need to rest a lot, or it might damage their chores. So an early bedtime is advisable, and perhaps a nap. Just for a few days,” she said, almost apologetically.

“Thank you poppy, I will make sure of that.”

“Good luck with the nap-time,” she smirked and he nearly groaned.

“Any advice?”

“Quiet time, it sounds better than nap-time, they are ten after all. Just two hours, after lunch, quiet reading in their rooms, no running. That should be good enough for now, and they need to apply this to their feet, they are badly blistered,” she added suddenly thrusing another flask into his hand.

“And they have a pretty bad rash on their privates, here is that balm,” she said handing him another one. “If they apply this again for the next three times, after their morning shower and when they go to bed, they should get rid of it.”

“My, this will be fun.” Snape groaned but never the less pocketed everything before levitating both boys out of their beds. Poppy flicked her wand once, magically dressing them in plain hospital gowns.

“Thank you, let’s just hope there is no student sneaking around, or I’ll award detention for every night until the end of term,” Snape smirked before walking out, both boys magically floating behind him, leaving an exhausted and slightly startled Poppy behind.

Snape merily transfigured his couch into a queensize bed, depositing both boys. His walk down to the dungeons had been uninterrupted, which he was very grateful for! He was not surprised at the fresh vibes of magic in his quarters, he would have surprised if Dumbledore had not added another room to his quarters.
When he went to check, he found two new rooms, both large enough with simple single beds, desks, bookshelves and wardrobes and doors leading to their own personal bathrooms, toilet, sink, cabinet and shower.

He shortly thought about putting the boys into the rooms, but then shook his head about himself. The moment he had placed the boys on the couch Pierce had wrapped his arms around Potter, with the blackhaired boy had molten into. They had most probably been sleeping like this ever since they ran together and he wanted nothing less than having two boys wake in a panic.

He however nearly found no sleep, he was tossing restlessly in his bed, every single sound from the livingroom, even if it was just one of the boys turning around had him fully awake.
So finally he just gave up and walked into the living room, sitting down in his reclining armchair he pulled a blanket over himself and dimmed the fire in the fireplace, enough so he could rest his tired eyes and he finally fell into a slumber.

Harry was the first to awake from his deep sleep, sitting straight up, looking around horrified, that was until his eyes fell on the blackhaired man who was laying in the armchair breathing deeply. Pierce was still sleeping next to him, neither of them moved when he swung his legs out from under the covers and stood up. He was in a Hospital Gown he noticed almost immediately, confused. Hadn’t they bought new PJ’s just the day before? He couldn’t remember visiting the hospital wing, the last thing he could remember was falling asleep on the bus!

Had he finally lost consciousness? He had feared dying of hunger and exhaustion for days now, but since they had eaten at the church and slept a lot, he had thought that he would be better off. When he took a few steps he noticed several things at once. His feet, while still painful, were hurting considerably less, and the cuts and scrabes on his knees and hands didn’t hurt at all anymore. His back was almost lots less tense. He was not feeling as exhausted either, neither was he that thirsty anymore, his lips weren’t as dry and his private didn’t cling to his gown!

He stood motionless while he realized all that, they must have used magic on him to make him feel this much better! He knew how long his body ususally took to recover from a beating, or from a rash, and this was just way to fast!
 

He turned around again and regarded the man sleeping in the armchair. Snape, he remembered, the past day slowly coming back to his mind. They had been to so many magical places, the man had done so much for them, without even giving them a weird look, or making them feel bad at all!

He stood still for nearly a minute before he realized that he really needed to use the bathroom. But when he looked around he couldn’t find a door that seemed to look like a bathroom door! He stood still for nearly another two minutes before he grew desperate, he really needed to go! He hadn’t gone the night before, and he had never been good at holding it in really long.
Biting his lower lip he glanced at the sleeping man again.
He knew that he should wake the man and ask, but perhaps if he was really quiet he could just go and look for it? And then lay back down and act as if he had never gotten up?

He finally just crept on silently, walking towards the first door, but the moment he placed his hand on the cold knob he could feel someone pretty close behind him and immediately tensed up.

“Follow me,” Severus whispered quietly, waiting until the pale boy turned, he himself silently walked down the hallway towards the room door on the right side of the long hallway.

“This will be your room for now. There is a bathroom in there, you can take a shower and brush your teeth, I will place your new clothes on your bed which I then expect you to put into your closet neatly, hang the shirts and coats up so they don’t all wrinkled up. And put the books into the shelves and your school supplies into the desk, yes?”

“Yes,” Harry forced himself to whisper, quickly tippling past the man, the floor here was really cold, he noticed when his toes nearly turned blue.

The moment the door closed behind the boy, Snape summoned the shrunken bags and sorted through the clothes and other supplies, magically depositing them on the bed before floating the rest down to the other room.
Pierce was still peacefully sleeping in the livingroom and seeing that it was only five thirty he saw no reason to wake him yet.
He had only begun brewing some coffee when he heard the boys bathroom door close and he quickly grabbed the potions and balms.

“No, don’t dress just yet. These are potions and balms that will heal those bruises and welts. This is a potion that will make up for your malnutrition and your dehydration. Most of them will taste nasty and might burn a little when applied but it is necessary.” He explained as he lined up the potions on the boys desk. “This balm here is for your rashes, I’ll let you apply that in privacy in just a moment, but let me apply the bruise and scarremoval balm to your back,” he continued and motioned for the stiff boy to turn around.

“Go on, I won’t do anything, just turn around.” Harry hesitated a few seconds, every instinct in him fighting against the motion. Turning your back on someone was never a good idea, especially not when he was naked. Snape waited patiently, watching the play of emtions on the boys face.

When the boy finally did turn, he swallowed a gasp and groan, the sight was shocking, especially after the boy had just taken a hot shower and the bruises and welts showed more aggressively.

“I’m sorry if this hurts, just bear with me,” he said softly, as he applied the balm to his fingers and then softly massaged it into the boys back, starting at the shoulders and working himself down towards the boys lower back, making sure he got a thick layer onto the darkest welts and bruises.

IT took him nearly two minutes and he was sure that the boy stopped breathing while he did it, totally tense.
“There, thank you for holding still,” he said, knowing that the boy hadn’t held still for his benefit, but only because he had been petrefied. But perhaps he could take some of the boys anxiety that way.

Harry finally took a breath when he felt the man take a step back. He had never had anyone touch him in such a way, touch him so softly, so carefully. It was awkward, strange and frightening, but it had also felt so good!

Snape walked back towards the desk and picked up three vials.

“Here, those will taste nasty, so chuck ‘em down fast,” he said uncorking the first and handing it to the boy, who did as he was told immediately, pulling a face but not making a sound, Snape worked fast, knowing just how nasty they tasted.

Harry thought he might just end up puking after the first potion, his stomach churning at the taste, the bile rising in his throat, and he fought it, not allowing himself to give in to his body, quickly downing the second vile the man held out before downing the third. Just as he went to hand the third potion back did the man thrust a glass with juice into his hand.

“There drink it down, maybe that’ll help you keep it down. If you need to throw up, it’s okay, don’t be embarrassed, I know it’s hard.” Snape said, face void of any emotion as he watched the boy gulp down the pumpkin juice. The look of wonder on the boys face once he handed the cup back nearly made him smirk.

“That was pumpkin juice, a very popular drink here,” he said before he flicked his wand, summoning a stomach soother to him.
“There, the last potion, that’ll help your stomach to stay calm and help you keep the other potions down,” he said, magically refilling the cup watching the boy down the last potion, not protesting once. Harry immediately grabbed the cup and downed it just as fast, eyed wide open as he tried to figure out just why this drink tasted so wonderfully good.

“Thank you Mr. Potter, now, this balm here,” he said placing it into Harrys hand, “is the same I used on your back. Massage it into your thights and bottom, it’ll make your bruises fade and might heal some of those scars.” He said before lifting the container from the desk and unscrewing it.

“This is the rash balm, as soon as you are done applying that one, wait until it soaked into your skin, you could put away some books or clothes while you wait for that. As soon as it all soaked in, then apply this to your privates. When that soaked in, then you can dress.”

“Thank you, sir.” Harry whispered as he glanced at the two containers in wonder.

“You are welcome, once you have sorted everything away please come back into the kitchen so we can get some food into your stomach, okay?”

“Yes,sir.”

He was in the kitchen, sitting at his table reviewing his less than mediocre old teaching plans when Pierce finally stirred, probably only because he had made enough noise to wake the dead. Pierce reacted very different from Potter, he noticed again. The boy sat up, and looked around in wonder, before his eyes fell on him.

“How did I get here?”

“You fell asleep on the bus, I brought you to the hospital ward here, where a doctor took a look at you. After that I brought you down here,” he explained shortly taking another sip of the coffee, watching the boy as he made sense of the words.

“Where’s Harry?”

“Getting dressed, when you are ready to get up, you can follow me.” He said and the boy nearly flew of the couch, standing by him.

“Will you take me to Ter?”

“In a Hospital Gown? No, you will take a shower, then have breakfast and then I will call your cousin to my office where you will get to speak with him briefly.”

He followed much the same procedure with Pierce, noticing that Pierce spoke way more, almost to much to his liking, chattering the entire way to his new room, and he nearly had to force the boy into the shower.

“When you are done, don’t get dressed but wait for me,” Snape said hearing the other room door close just at that moment.

“Don’t take too long,” Snape advised at last before walking out back into the living room where a timid harry stood, in black slacks and a long white grey shirt, slippers on his feet, hair still damp.

“Did you put all your new things away?”

“Yes, sir.” Harry replied, voice low, looking around the quarters.

“thank you, if you want you can take a seat. Breakfast is ready, would you like milk or more juice?”

“The juice, sir.” Harry whispered carefully taking a seat, tensing up once Snape sat down to his right placing a plate in front of himself and him.

“Where is Piercce?”

“He woke up while you got dressed, he is in the shower now.” Snape said, as he cut his sausages to pieces, watching as the boy stabbed at his eggs after having only taken a few bites.

“You need to finish your eggs and at least one sausage,” he said as he got up and brought his plate to the sink.

Harry only looked up shortly, something in his eyes but he let his face fall again to quickly for Snape to figure out exactly what it was.

“I’ll help Pierce with his medicine, please eat, I’ll be right back.” He said, voice thoughtful as he moved towards the other boys room.

Pierce was sitting on the bed, towel over his lap, clothes pushed aside. Snape frowned at the messy pile only shortly, but didn’t say anything just now. The boy would have to clean them up in just a moment anyway, so there was no sense in stressing over it now.

“Get up please and turn your back, I’ll put a cream onto your back which will help with the bruises,” Snape said after closing the door behind him.

“Why?”

“So you won’t have to be wearing those bruises much longer,” he said waiting impatiently until the boy finally turned his back. 

He massaged the potion into the boys back much like he had done with Potter earlier, surprised that Pierce however did not tense up as badly, but rather melted into the touch, even sighed once in a while when he massaged a specially hard muscle. He was almost amused at the way the boy wriggled, or curled his toes when he got close to the sides, nearly finding himself tempted to poke at the boys ribs to just see how the boy would react.

“Very well, turn around,” he said as he summoned the mug with the juice, lifting the vials.

“Now, these here are for your malnutrition and other things that need to be taken care of. They will not be to your liking, but you still need to drink them. As soon as you drank them, you can have a drink of the juice and then you take one last potion that will help in case you feel sick.”

While Harry had simply pulled a face and stiffened up Pierce immediately gagged and shook with disgust after the first potion, grabbing his throat, for a moment frightening Snape into believing that perhaps he was allergic to one of the ingredients.

“URGH!” Pierce cried out, wiping a hand over his mouth, once more shaking with disgust.

“Two more, come on, the quicker you drink them the sooner it’ll be over,” Snape said, impatiently, as he held out the next potion for the boy to drink.

“I don’t want to drink another one, that tasted like rotten socks,” he complained one hand holding his stomach which was churning.

“Not surprising seeing how that was the main ingredient,” Snape said drily, causing the boy to lift wide open eyes to his mouth dropping open in disgust.

“I was sarcastic, child. Now stop this foolishness and drink the potions.”

“I don’t want to!” Pierce said, crossing his arms across his chest, face still carrying a look of disgust.

“I don’t make a habit of discussing with dunderhead children, now drink.”

“No,” Pierce said, shaking his head determinately.

“Very well then,” Snape said, not in the mood to discuss with the child. “It’s a simple as this, if you don’t drink these potions you won’t get better.”

“I am healthy,” Pierce said quickly.

“So you say,” Snape sneered. “I do not tolerate disobedience, Mr. Rodgers, now stop this nonsense and drink.”

“They are disgusting though!”

“Which matters not, now do as I said and down them. The longer you fight, the longer the taste will linger,” he said, lifting the cup with the juice.

“Can’t I have a sip to wash down the other potion first though?”

“No, you can have a drink once you drank these two here as well, now do as I said or I will be most displeased.”

“I don’t want to,” Pierce whined taking a step back, making snape press his lips together in surpressed anger and annoyance.

“Very well then, this balm here is for your bruises. Apply it to your backside and thighs, massage it in like I did to your back. As soon as you did that you have to wait until it fully soaked in, once it has you can apply this cream here to yoru private areas to take care of the rash. Once that soaked in you can put away your clothes and school supplies. Once you have done all that, and gotten dressed you can come out and have breakfast.”

“Yes, sir.” Pierce said, nearly smiling in happiness that he didn’t have to drink another of those potions.

“And Pierce, just because you don’t drink them now, doesn’t mean that you won’t drink them, is that clear?”

“But-“

“Because I won’t call down your cousin until you downed the last drop, now do as I said and come out when you are ready.” Snape said, grabbing the vials and walking out, closing the door smartly behind him. HE did however turn abruptly when siemthign solid hid the door right after his exit, followd by a frustrated shout of the boy. He tore the door open again, face pale with anger. His eyes fell to the floor where the new edition of the boys charms book now lay.

“Did you just throw this book after me?” He asked, voice low, threatening, almost menacing. Pierce backed up a step, his own face paling as well.

“You are treating on thin ice Mr. Rodgers, and I only have this much patience, and unless you want to find out just what exactly I do with little disobedient and disrespectful boys that live with me you shape up, is that understood?” He asked, fingers holding the doorknob tight, fearing that if he stepped in any closer he would loose all control and end up doing something he might regret.

“Yes, sir.” Pierce whimpered when the man apparently waited for him to answer.

“I hope so, now do as I said, if I have to come in here again young man, then you will be spending the morning in the corner, followed by writing lines instead of seing your cousin.”

“You can’t keep him from me!” Pierce angrily replied, the hand which was not holding up his towel angrily fisted by his side.

“You have no idea what I can and what I can not do, and unless you want to find out first hand, you will learn to heed me.” Snape replied briskly.

“And if you once again treat your school supplies so carelessly then we will have a serious talk, is that clear?”

“I’m not afraid of you!” Pierce said back, trying to sound fierce, brave but instead he ended up shouting it, eyes wide with fear.

“So you say,” Snape said once again, almost smirking. “I think you are very afraid, and that is understandable, seeing where you came from, but just because I understand that does not mean that I will not punish you in case you act like a disrespectful naughtie little boy.”

The words had the desired effect, as the boy blushed bright red and his head fell somewhat.

“I will be waiting for you in the livingroom, with the potions,” he said before frowning at the book by his feet one more time.

“And clean this up,” he added before once again walking from the room, not surprised to find Harry standing at the end of the hallway eyes open wide.

“No Mr. Potter, I did not kill your friend, no worries,” Snape sighed as the boy flinched somewhat when he looked at him, backing up three steps.

“I have way more efficient ways to show my anger then beating a child,” he added, eyes dark as he walked past the child, feeling somewhat insulted that the boy even thought that he might do something like that.

Harry said nothing as he once more simply stood by the side of the table, looking around somewhat lost.

“If you want, you can go to your room and read a book, or bring one out and read it here in the livingroom. I will need to speak with both you and your friend in a few minutes anyway.”

“Is he in trouble?” Harry croaked even as he took a few backward steps towards the hallway.

“He is treating on very thin ice, and he knows. Now do please get a book, the introduction guide to the wizarding world would be a good one to start with,”he suggested, turning his back to the boy as he again pulled forth his planner.

He had been revived, one could call it nearly two months ago, and yet he had not managed to work through all his planners, some of his worked out schedules were still more than abysmal, seeing that his nearly eight year younger less experienced predecessor had worked these out.
 He heard Potter shuffe closer carefully, stopping every other step.

“Go on, you can take a seat on the couch close to the fire, there’s some tea, and if you are hungry at any point you can go and grab a slice of fruit, they are in the fridge.”
“Thank you, sir.” Harry said quietly avoiding eyecontact as he sat down on the couch stiffly.

“Okay, I’m done,” a different voice cut in, carrying a different tone as well. Way less respectful Snape noted immediately and took his time turning around.

“There is breakfast on the table, you need to eat at the eggs and at least one sausage,” he said getting up. Potter had apparently cleaned up his plate, and he was tempted to check the garbage can.

“Potter did you finish your breakfast?”

“Uh, no sir,” Harry said, getting up, eyes wide.

“Then put down your book, where did you put your plate?”

“By the sink, sir.” Harry replied, eyes flying towards the kitchen.”

“I told you that you needed to finish the eggs and at least one sausage,” Snape said as he went to grab the plate which had not been touched again after he had gotten up apparently.

“You cant force him to eat if he’s not hungry,” Pierce immediately said, eyes flying from Harry who was fidgeting nervously to Snape who again pressed his lips together.

“Your friend can speak for himself, and I did not ask for your opinion. Now sit down and eat, unless you want to take your potions now?”

Pierce angrily fell into his chair, stabbing his fork at the sausage, causing Snape to nearly walk over there to share a piece of his own anger with the boy.

“Do come Mr. Potter,” Snape finally hissed at the boy who was still standing by the couch.

“I’m really full, sir.” Harry said softly, but he already walked back towards the table, taking a seat when the Professor placed the plate back in front of the seat he had previously sat in.

“You still need to eat, I do not say things only to hear myself speak, there is a reason why I am making you,” Snape said sternly, flicking his wrist, magically reheating the meal.
“And you Mr. Rodgers should be very careful for the rest of the day, I do not appreciate the tone you are using with me, is that clear?” He asked, raising his eyebrows at the boy, who glanced up only briefly before glaring back down at his plate.

“The deal was that you took us here and that I get to see my cousin, not that we live with you!” He snarled after a few seconds.

“Oh, so you think you can go and live with your seventeen year old cousin? He has no job, no house, no nothing and yet you want to go live with him? End his future just like that? Do you not want him to be able to go to University, learn a job and make something of himself?”

“He can still do that!” Pierce said, eyes wide as he nearly slammed the fork down, catching himself in the last moment, a move that did not go unnoticed by the Professor.

“Yes, he can, not if he has to take care of an eleven year old, or two for that matter. You will be beginning your classes soon, and until then you will live with me.”

“I don’t want to live with you!” Pierce growled, standing up, angrily throwing his hair back.

“Then I can arrange for another family to take you in, or if you are that desperate I can also bring you back home, but today you will still take your potions and obey, as you are staying with me.”

Harry sat motionless, wide-eyed watching the scene play out before his eyes.

“See, you don’t want to take care of us either! Why don’t you just let me go see my cousin and then let me and Harry go!” Pierce nearly screamed, angrily throwing his chair back.

“Mr. Rodgers, pick that chair back up, right now!” Snape said, placing a hand on the table rather close to Harrys trembling shoulders.

“NO! I want to see Ter!” Pierce screeched sight blurry by the tears that were caught in his eyes.

“And your chances of that happening are lessening by the minute, now unless you want to spend the rest of your day in your room, you pick up that chair and lower your voice when you are talking with me!” Snape said sternly, eyes on the boy, not allowing his own anger to show anymore.

Had the boy been that way at home to?

“No! Screw you! I’m going to look for Ter!” Pierce yelled, flying out from around the table, towards te door which Harry had almost gone through that very morning, only a few minutes ago, actually, but it seemed as if days had passed, the boy noticed numbly.

“If you even set one foot out of my quarters little boy, then you will not like what I will do, do you know what I mean?” Snape said, voice low, lips thin, nearly speaking through his teeth. Pierce seemed to falter as he got close to the door, stopping just as his hand touched the knob.

Snape wordlessly flicked his wrist, locking the door, just to be safe, he thought. The school was crowded, having a ten year old upset boy storming from his quarters would cause a havoc!

“I just want to see him.”

“And you will, I will not attempt to keep you from your cousin, but you need to do as you are told. You have not eaten correctly in months, your immune system is nearly gone, you are tired, and exhausted and most probably also in pain. These potions here will help with that, and you will take them, we can get it done the easy way, or the hard way.”

“The hard way?”

“Yes, I will immobilize you and pour them down your throat, but I will get you to drink them, rest assured.”

“Don’t you just have normal pills?”

“No, we aren’t muggles, now sit your butt down in that chair and eat your breakfast,” Snape said, seeing that the fight had left the boy. What was going through the boys head anyway? Did he really think that screaming and throwing a fit would get him anything? Did he really think that if he just screamed loud enough, or fought long enough that he would give in? Was that perhaps the way it went with the boy at home?
Was that what the boy had learned? That if he fought and screamed, that he was given into? But how was the boy abused then? That just didn’t make any sense!

Pierce slowly walked back towards the table, shoulders slumped, making a large bend around the spot where Snape stood, a hand unconscieously grasping his behind, almost causing Snape to smirk, so yes, he had understood the threat, and he was worried. But the boy had come back, had not cowered and lifted his hands to shield his organs.

He knew that the boy had been killed by his father so many years ago, and had now seen the bruises, thus assuming that the boy had been equally as abused as Harry, would react in the same ways, why was he different? He himself had been much like Potter, well he hadn’t whispered all the time and flinched at any move, he was sure, but he knew that he surely would have never spoken to an adult in such a way!

It was ten minutes until Pierce had finally cleared of his plate and under tears and much whining downed the potions, gagging with tears in his eyes, nearly unable to drink the stomach soother and then down the juice.  Harry had been watching with wide eyes, sausages still mainly untouched.

“Mr. Potter, you will clear off  those eggs and eat that sausage, you young man, come here!” He said sternly to the boy who was still at the other side of the table, bottom lip sucked into his mouth. The boy edged around the corner slowly, hands held out somewhat in front of him, as if to push against him in case he charged at him.

“Do you see the corner by the bookcase and armchair?”

“Yes, sir,” Pierce answered voice full of dread.

“Go and make friends with it, and if there is not a change of behavior in you soon then you will become very great friends with it, you understand, yes?”

“Yes, sir. Will you get Ter?”

“I would, but I can’t he is right now already in his exam,” Snape said, not surprised when the blonde whipped around, face distorted.

“You tricked me!”

“No, you have to blame yourself. Had you taken your potions when I asked, had you eaten when I told you to, had you not fought me on every step, then there would have been enough time. With your continuous fighting and screaming you cost yourself that time, and now he is in his exam and there is nothing I can do.”

“You tricked me!” Pierce screamed again. “You are a jerk! I hate you!” He screamed, tears back in his eyes, stomping his right foot angrily into the ground, fists trembling at his sides.

“I am sorry you feel that way, but Pierce, if you-“

“Shut up! I’ll never talk to you again you are a liar!” Pierce screamed before he ran towards the door, hand on the knob, Snape didn’t even flinch. Pierce screamed even louder as he unsuccessfully twisted and turned it, pulling against the sturdy wood with all his might.

“Mr. Potter,” he said, turning around, finding the boy sitting glancing at his new friend in shock and wonder, mouth slightly open. “Will you please give me and your friend some privacy? Take your book to your room and read for a little while, I will let you know when you can come back out.” He said, voice calm, and watched as the blakchaired boy slowly got out of the chair and retrieved his book from the coffee table, eyes on the ranting boy who was still unsuccessfully pulling at the knob, kicking at the door, yelling words an eleven year old should not know, at least Snape thought so.
Snape waited until the blackhaired boy had gone into his room, with the door closed before he cast a silencio on the livingroom.

“Mr. Rodgers, you have one chance to end this tantrum, before I end it for you, and if I do that, then you will not only find yourself face first in the corner, but also with stinging buttocks, is that understood?”

“FUCK YOU!” Pierce screamed, running towards the next door, the door that opened to his private study.

“I want to get out of here!” Pierce screamed after seing that that door only lead to a windowless room, with no other door.

Severus said nothing as he slowly, determinately walked towards the boy, catching him by the arm as he screetched and tried to wrench himself free, angrily nails scratching over the back of his hand.

Great, he had second years gryffindors and slytherins to teach now and would be late, Snape noticed as his eyes lingered on the clock a few minutes.

Pulling the boy over to the corner with him was a fight, and he found himself nearly breathless when he finally arrived, that was until he pressed the boy against his thigh, hand between his shoulder blades, pressing him forwards until he could wrap his arm around the boys waist, nearly lifting him off his feet as he did so.

He hesitated a moment, before he steeled his resolve, pushing aside the nausea that was already building, bringing his hand down three times quickly in a row. It seemed as if in that instant, all fight left the boy, he went unnaturally still under his arm, and Snape was just about to relax and let the boy go when all of a sudden the boy twisted hard, emitting a new howl, loud enough to make Snape flinch somewhat and close his eyes young boy, there was nothing worse.

He brought his hand down again, a little harder, knowing that this smack would surely sting, and perhaps even last for a few minutes, tasting bile.

“I think you realize that this is getting you nowhere, right?” HE asked, even as he brought his hand down once more, smartly smacking the top of the boys thigh when the boy pressed his elbow into his thigh hard enough to bruise, intenting to hurt him. The small howl that followed quickly assured him that this time Pierce had felt it.

“Now unless you want me to continue spanking, and rest assured I am not tired yet, you best calm down and lower your voice.” He said, but he felt disgusted with himself, how had this happened so fast? Why did he already have to do this? Wasn't there something else he could have done? Did he really have to go and spank a boy, who came from an abusive home? Was he not further damaging him? Destroying any chance of trust that could have been build?

The buy had stilled after the last smack, a smack Snape now doubted was even necessary.

“You will stand in this corner and not move out of it, until I come back, is that understood?”

“I don’t want to!”

“Is that understood pierce?” Severus asked again, tapping the boys bottom with his hand once more, hoping that the boy would understand the warning, hoping that he wouldn't have to smack him again.

“Yes, sir.” Pierce whimpered, taking a deep breath of relief when the arm around his waist loosened and he was allowed to straighten up again, one hand sneaking back to rub at his stinging buttock imedaitely.

“I will not be here, and yet I will know if you disobey, and there is magic that will smack your bottom again, so unless you want to find out just how much more that hurts, you keep your face in that corner, am I clear?”

“No, don’t do that!” Pierce immediately said, turning around somewhat, eyes watery, redrimmed.

“You won’t have to worry about it, if you do as you are told.”

“What if it smacks me even if I don’t move?”

“It won’t because I will be the one that smacks you magically from another room. And trust me, I will know.” He said, turning the boy back around by his shoulders.

He took a few steps back and muttered the spell, a ruler materializing out of thin air, hanging in the air some two feet behind the boy, just waiting for the boy to move out of the corner to administer a stinging thwack.

“I’m very disappointed in your behavior of this morning, and I never want to see a repeat of it. Stand in that corner and think about how you spoke to me, and why it was wrong, I will expect an apology when I return.” Snape finally said, before turning around and walking down the hallway towards Potters room, after knowing he slowly stuck his head in.

“Are you alright, Mr. Potter?” He asked, catching the boy eying his warily.

“Is Pierce okay?”

“Yes, he is standing in the corner. I would prefer it if you stayed your room for now, so he won’t get out of the corner. And do read a little further, it get’s more interesting as you get further.”

“Yes, sir.”

“I will be back in about an hour,” Snape said, casting a quick tempus, before closing the door and sighing. He was ten minutes late to his class and if he were lucky half of them were still standing.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Have a wonderful week!


and please review?? :D


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3038