The Blood of the Covenant by The Lonely God With A Box
Summary: "How much do you hate me?" Harry asked Snape. "Infinitely," Snape sneered at him. "How much do you hate Sirius?" "Also, infinitely." "It's commonly understood that there are greater and lesser infinities. Whose infinity is greater?"
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, McGonagall, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: Canon Snape
Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Rape, Self-harm, Torture, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 29 Completed: Yes Word count: 52093 Read: 171606 Published: 09 Jul 2014 Updated: 02 Feb 2015
Life Stands Explained by The Lonely God With A Box

When Harry woke, he was in the infirmary. He sat up on his elbows, and realized to his relief that he was in a soft, warm bed. Almost immediately, Madame Pomfrey was upon him, thrusting vials of potions in his face, all while asking him how he felt.

"I'm fine," Harry said. Craning his neck, he added, "Where's Snape?"

"Recovering," Madame Pomfrey answered. "I administered his usual migraine antidote and sent him on his way. He's better off by himself when it's gotten that bad." Harry nodded. That seemed reasonable.

"What happened?" Harry asked.

"You fainted, nothing more," she replied as she busied herself cleaning up the now empty potions vials.

"Oh," was Harry's eloquent reply.

"In the meantime, if you're feeling up to it, you have a special delivery of some chicken broth and crackers," she said. At his hesitant nod, Madame Pomfrey left the room to do who knew what. The minute she left, Harry heard the door open.

"Hermione," he greeted the newcomer. Harry found himself smiling a little, but he felt nervous.

"Harry," she replied, and her voice sounded about as confident as his had. She laid a tray on his lap as he sat up. There was a steaming bowl of chicken broth and crackers, just like Madame Promfrey had promised. Harry picked up his spoon and began to try to wolf the broth down.

"Slow down," Hermione admonished, "or you'll get sick." Harry nodded and tried to slow down, but he didn't accomplish it very well.

"Harry," Hermione began, wringing her hands and nervously shifting her weight from side to side. "I'm sorry for what I said the other day."

"Okay," Harry replied coolly, still slurping his broth. "Why did you do it?"

"Dumbledore said Ron and I would be putting you in danger if we associated with you," Hermione explained. Harry lifted an eyebrow.

"And you're willing to put me in danger now?"

"No," Hermione shook her head, and taking a deep breath, "but I don't think Dumbledore knows what he's talking about. He asked me to give a time-turner to Ron, and Ron's gone now. He turned so far back in time that he hasn't come back yet, at least not as Ron."

"What?" Harry deadpanned, almost spitting back some of his broth. "What are you talking about?"

"He's gone, Harry," Hermione sobbed, as she sank down on his bed. "Ron's gone and he's never coming back, and I couldn't face losing both of you, and I'm so sorry, Harry, will you ever forgive me?" Harry set his tray aside and Hermione buried her face into Harry's outstretched arms.

"It's alright," Harry soothed her. "I forgive you." He knew how important hearing those words could be. "Please remember that that's what you and Ron did to me, though. You both left me at the same time, and I didn't know how I was going to face that."

"I know, Harry, I'm sorry," Hermione continued to wail.

"It's alright," Harry repeated, nervously patting her on the back. Hermione sniffed and dried her eyes, sitting up.

"And you," she said. "What happened to you? Your glasses?"

"Glamours," he replied, releasing her. "It's a long story. Snape's my father."

"What?" Now it was Hermione's turn to be shocked.

"He and my mum were married," Harry hastened to explain. "But then Dumbledore erased his memories and James Potter married my mum for show. She thought Snape had agreed to it and all to spy and keep her safe. To keep me safe."

"How long have you known?" Hermione gasped, entirely aware that her jaw was inches above the floor and not caring one bit.

"A few days," Harry said. "I forget exactly when. Snape told me the same day that Dumbledore told him."

"Why that conniving, meddling old - "

"Thank you, Hermione," Harry laughed.

"We're going and talking to him," Hermione declared, grabbing Harry by the wrist and pulling him out of the bed.

"But I think I'm supposed to stay - " Harry objected.

"I'm kidnapping you," Hermione said without missing a beat. "You don't have a choice."

"Well, I'm glad you informed me of this," Harry laughed as his feet touched the ground and before he knew it, he was running down the halls with Hermione dragging him along.

His heart felt lighter, now that he had Hermione again, but he wondered what had happened with Ron. Harry still felt betrayed that Ron had left without even saying goodbye. Maybe they weren't on the best of terms lately, but Harry wouldn't have run off forever without telling Ron. At least, he didn't think he would have. To be honest, he had concealed what had happened over the summer - what he thoughthad happened over the summer - and then he hadn't told him about his unknown paternity.

Hermione announced the password, another Muggle candy, and the gargoyle leaped aside.

"How did you know the password?" Harry asked, following her up the stairs. He was famished, he suddenly realized.

"I heard McGonagall say it the other day," she dismissed. "Security is pretty bad around here if you actually want to get somewhere." She opened Dumbledore's door without even knocking.

Dumbledore looked up and he smiled at them.

"Why didn't you tell them sooner?" Hermione demanded, almost shoving Harry towards Dumbledore. Harry felt warmed at Hermione's fierce protectiveness.

"Hermione," Dumbledore said softly, "there's more at work here than you realize."

"I realize that you're meddling," Hermione accused, her tone hurt. She grabbed Harry's arm and held it so strongly, Harry thought he might have a bruise there next morning.

"Harry," Dumbledore cut her off, "why did you take the glamours off? Do you honestly wish to claim Severus as your father? Is he more important to you than your friends?"

"Why does there have to be a choice?" Harry asked quietly.

"Ron's gone," Hermione continued, "and you tried to ruin my friendship with Harry. I'm going to keep talking to him. Whatever danger he's in, he'll be better off with me at his side."

"Hermione," Dumbledore tried again.

"When did you finally tell Snape that Harry is his son?" Hermione challenged.

"Wednesday," Dumbledore answered. "The same day Ron kicked Harry's bag and stopped talking to Harry." Hermione let go of him. She backed up a step, and her eyes widened in horror. Harry glanced between her and Dumbledore. Dumbledore looked a bit uncomfortable and glanced away.

"Leave now," he ordered, the usual kindness gone from his tone. Hermione didn't react, and neither did Harry. Hermione's expression didn't change, but she shook her head slightly. Harry just felt even more confused. He blamed his starved and dehydrated state for his mental blurriness.

"How could you, Ron?" Hermione whispered.

"Wait," Harry paused, "what did I miss?"

"There were only three people who knew he kicked your bag, Harry," Hermione quickly explained. "You," she pointed at him, "me," she pointed at herself, "and Ron." She pointed at Dumbledore.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3080