Drifting by relative1983
Past Featured StorySummary: Remus and Severus are being sent out to find Harry, after Hedwig shows up bloodied and nervous. When they find Harry they are in for a surprise. Will Harry ever recover?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Remus
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Slytherin!Harry, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: No Word count: 46871 Read: 88351 Published: 01 Feb 2005 Updated: 01 Nov 2005
Panick, Visits and Practice. by relative1983

Severus was just nearly asleep, when he heard Remus howling in pain. He had given the man the Wolfsbane of course, but still, it hurt to transform. At least he would be in his right mind after that. Even while he knew this, it didn’t really help Severus from waking up with a jolt. Steadying his heart beat, he was nearly ready to sleep again, when he thought he heard something from the hallway. Getting in a bad mood, Severus still stood up to investigate. The noise he had heard was not from Remus, since that man was currently howling slightly. Severus was rather surprised, he was sure there had been silencing spells done on the special room for Remus. Apparantly, there were not.

Severus got interrupted from his musings, by the soft sounds of panicked breathing. Thinking this could only mean one thing, Severus quickly strode into Harry’s bedroom, where indeed, the boy was nearly hyperventilating.

He looked rather relieved to see Severus enter the room, but still. Severus was worried at what would cause this behaviour to show. Walking up towards the bed, he asked: “What is it Harry? Did you have a bad dream or something?”

Harry shook his head. He was trying to get his breathing under control again, but when he heard another howl, his breathing only got out of control again. Luckily, Severus caught the motion, and finally his sleepy mind understood. Harry had lost his memories, so of course he wouldn’t know that Remus was a werewolf. How stupid could he have been ‘had a bad dream?’! For crying out loud, he should have known!

“I’m sorry Harry, this is something we should have told you. Just be sure, you are safe. Calm down, and I will tell you what is going on.” He said all of this with his most soothing voice. And since Severus could do much with his voice, Harry started to calm down, but looked at him with his eye wide. It unnerved Severus a bit, that his other eye was starting to go milky white.

Finally Harry managed to whisper: “What is going on? What is it that I hear? It scares me so much.” He looked as if he wanted nothing more than to be held tightly. Severus closed his eyes briefly. Gods, how he hated seeing Harry like this, he was always so strong, so full of fire, and look at him now, scared, small, wounded.

“Well, as you can see Remus is not here. He is in fact, the one making those noises. You see, the wizarding world is not only about good things, Remus got bitten by a werewolf when he was a child. This means he is also a werewolf. I make a potion to keep him sane during his transformations. Right now, it is the full moon, so therefor he is in a safe room. He cannot get out, and he will not harm you. In fact, you knew about this for several years already, and still think of him as a good friend.” He hoped that stating that fact, would help Harry get over his fears.

Harry seemed to think this over, but was still shivering, and breathing more quickly then Severus like him too. “And, and you’re sure he can’t do anything?” his voice sounded small. Severus couldn’t really understand the look Harry gave him. It was obvious the boy wanted something from him, but what could it be?

“Yes, I’m sure. I’ve made the potion so often for him, he’s never had problems with it before.” Severus looked again at Harry. Something in his eye and face was yelling at him. Harry practically shouted out something to Severus via his body language, if only Severus could understand. He shivered a bit, the floor was rather cold. When he sat on the edge of the bed, he saw Harry’s eye glimmer with hope. Then it hit Severus, like a ton of bricks (A/N: that must have been painfull), of course, the boy wanted to be held, to be comforted. And since Remus was ‘busy’ right now, he, Severus was the one who had to offer comfort. But he wasn’t sure if he could. But on the other hand, if he didn’t, he would never get closer to this wonderfull boy. And so, Severus did something, that would give most of the Hogwarts population a heartattack: he gently took Harry in his arms and went to sit behind him, to be more comfortable. He sat like that for what felt like hours, untill Harry’s breathing evened out, and he himself also fell asleep.

The next morning, Remus woke up from the floor of the room. He hurt for a bit, and felt really sleepy, but since this was normal for him, he didn’t really pay attention to it. Standing up, he took his wand from the protected safe it was in, and undid all the spells on the door. What greeted him, was a rather strange silence. He was sure it wasn’t that early in the morning, so why didn’t he hear Severus and Harry? His mind started thinking of the worst things almost right away. Quickly he walked to Severus’s bedroom, only to see the door open with no sign of the man in it. Then he walked towards Harry’s bedroom, the door was opened for a bit. Opening the door further, he carefully walked in, and stopped dead. There, on the big bed, was Severus Snape, soundly asleep with Harry Potter –who most thought of as Severus Snape’s enemy- in his arms. Harry was also sleeping peacefully and it made Remus feel warm and happy from the inside. They looked almost like a father and his son.

Deciding not to wake them up yet, Remus went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Just when he was finished making the breakfast, Remus heard some sounds coming from the bedroom. So he quickly walked over there, hoping that Severus wasn’t angry or anything. Well, that certainly wasn’t the case. Harry had woken up first by the looks of it, and was probably startled by the fact that there was someone holding him. So Harry had tried to look at who it was, only to find he couldn’t really move of course, and thus waking up Severus. Severus, apparantly, had forgotten that he had been sleeping with Harry in his arms, and had nearly thrown the boy from the bed, but luckily, Harry had enough sense to shout at him not to do so. Now they were just staring at each other, full of surprise.

That is, untill they heard the chuckling coming from the doorway. Both their heads turned around, to see a tired, but laughing Remus standing there. Or at least, Remus tried to be standing there, but he was laughing so hard, that he nearly doubled over to the floor. Harry turned his head around to look at Severus, and catching his eye, he rolled his eye and let out a snort of laughter. Severus couldn’t really help it. Laughter was already so very infectious, and here he was, waking up with Harry in his arms, and a laughing Remus and Harry was just a bit too much for him. So Severus felt his mouth stretch out in a smile, only to start chuckling as well. Soon all three of them were laughing, even though they soon forgot the reason why they had started laughing in the first place. After a while, Harry calmed down, because, well, he really needed to go to the toilet, and Severus was still sitting behind him. He didn’t want to wet the bed, and Severus. That would certainly ruin the fun they had been having. So he decided to speak up a bit.

“Ehm, Severus?” the soft spoken voice snapped Severus out of his laughing, as well as Remus. Severus raised an eyebrow.

“I, I really need to go to the toilet. Please can we?”

It’s a good thing Severus was trained in the art of keeping his emotions under control (well most of the time, he had been laughing just a few minutes ago of course) or else his mouth would have been hanging open in horror.

Remus noting the look of unease in the other man’s eyes, remembered the spell Pomfrey had learned them for this, and with a wave of his wand, he solved the problem. Harry just looked surprised at him. A soft ‘Thank you’was heard but Remus waved it away.

“Seeing as how you are now both awake, I think we should get to eating breakfast, after all I just made it.” Remus helped Severus getting Harry in the wheelchair, and still clad in their payamas, they walked into the living room where their breakfast was waiting for them.

After Remus had fed Harry, and they had changed into normal clothes, Severus grabbed a vial and walked towards Harry’s bed.

“Allright Harry, this potion will help you restore your muscles. After you drank this whole vial, we’ll do some excersises to move your arms and legs around for a bit. After that Remus will show you something.”

When they had been looking for the potion to restore Harry’s memory, they had been discussing what to do, and had decided that they wouldn’t let Harry read his own diary, but Remus would show him the photoalbum, and tell about his parents, and what he knew of Harry’s schooldays. Severus would train him with his muscles.

Harry was eyeing the potion with a bit of a dislike on his face, but he drank it straight away. Then he looked a bit dazed for a moment.

“It’s allright Harry, that feeling will go away soon.” Severus waited untill Harry didn’t look so dazed anymore and then slowly started moving Harry’s hands and fingers. Because hardly anything had been done with them, he gave them a thorough massage, to help the bloodflow, and thus the potion in the bloodflow to circulate. Harry just watched it with great interest.

“Do you actually feel anything, Harry?”

Harry said almost right away: “Just a bit of a tingling feeling, like they are sleeping, but that’s normal by now.”

Severus was a bit worried, that meant that the bloodflow had been really slow and that wasn’t really helping the healing. It seemed Harry would need a massage everyday.

After quite a while he was finished giving the massage and he told Harry that he would get one every day, untill the tingling feeling had gone away.

Harry just nodded, because he was now more interested in Remus, and the book the man was holding.

Severus noticed the interest of Harry was wavering and when he saw Remus and the photoalbum, he knew why. So he tucked Harry in bed properly again and went to sit on the couch. He would leave them alone for this one. Especially since his stories about the people in the album, wouldn’t be all nice and friendly.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=309