Drifting by relative1983
Past Featured StorySummary: Remus and Severus are being sent out to find Harry, after Hedwig shows up bloodied and nervous. When they find Harry they are in for a surprise. Will Harry ever recover?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Remus
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Slytherin!Harry, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: No Word count: 46871 Read: 88248 Published: 01 Feb 2005 Updated: 01 Nov 2005
The Doctor. by relative1983

Doctor Williams was one of the very best St. Peters Hospital had to offer. This night was one of the more quite ones, that is, untill there came a report of a severe car crash. So Dr. Williams (or Willie, as some colleagues called him) rushed to the ER, to be able to help. There would be several victims.

Two males had died at the site, but a woman and a boy were still alive, though for how much longer the ambulance personal could not say for sure.

When Dr. Willie came at the ER, the woman was just brought in and taken over by his colleague Dr. Sackins. The woman did not look good. Blood was everywhere and while trying to find where the wound(s) were that caused all the bleeding she was getting a heart massage.

Dr. Willie then turned his attention towards the doors were the boy was being brought in. He looked in just a bad shape. His arms and legs were obviously broken as they dangled at really strange angles on the brancard. Dr. Willie however was more worried by the amount of blood that came from the mouth and nose of the boy. A sign of internal bleeding (A/N: So, I only watch hospital series and documents on tv, sorry for making any mistakes with this). He needed to operate, and soon or else the boy might not survive.

Only listening to the ambulance personal who listed eveything they had been able to find and some things they suspected. This only made Dr. Willie even more sure that he needed to operate. So while the nurses prepared the boy for his operation, he did the same for himself. Hygiene called first after all.

After several agonizing hours of work, he could do no more for the boy. He was stable, though not much and needed the machines to make sure he kept breathing, to make sure his heart kept beating, heck, to make sure he survived.

The boy had severe internal bleeding, and Dr. Willie was relieved when he found out the liver and stomach were allright. If they had been damaged, he would have lost the boy for sure. Now the boy only had a kidney that had to be removed, some of his intestines had taken the blow rather hard and had to be healed. His arms and legs were mended as best as he could, but more surgery was necessery when the boy was out of the immediate danger of dying. The boy also had a crack in his skull and one of his eyes was damaged because of glass. Since his glasses were found broken in the car, Dr. Willie assumed that was the source of the glass in the eye. The boy also had several deep cuts in his arms and legs, because of the metal of the car and other glass flying around. He was truly lucky to be alive.

If he would make it through the rest of the night and tomorrow, then they could operate to undo any further damage.

Unfortunatly the others were not so lucky. The two males in the car had already been dead when the ambulance arrived, and Dr. Willie found out that the woman had died during her surgery. After she had died, they did an autopsie and found that practically all her organs had been mashed into a pulp. It was amazing she had even made it to the hospital in the first place.

Dr. Willie wrote his reports and also reported some things he noticed about the boy when all the blood was cleared away for a bit. He had some scars that were obviously older than from the car crash. One on his forehead and one on his elbow. When Dr. Willie came to the part where he had to fill in the name of the patient, he doubted. He didn’t know the name of the boy. He called a nurse and asked her to ask the police.

The police was sorry to say that they had found no papers in the car. Or what was left of the car anyway. A part had caught fire and was completely burnt out. This was another reason those two males had died in the car, they were in the part that had caught fire. Later they found that the males were dead before the fire started, so this was somewhat of a relief to the doctors, who hated the thought of being trapped in a car, whilst it was on fire.

The boy and womand had not been in the fire, because they had been flung from the car.

Aparantly they had been driving too fast. When they came to an unexpected bend in the road they had probably seen this too late and went of the road, against the railway, flew over the top, crashed into an uncoming truck, which ripped of half the car (and made the woman and boy fly out of it) and then come to a stop upside down. Yes, a very nasty car crash.

But, Dr. Willie still hadn’t a name to fill in, so he just wrote: unknown and put the file away.

His shift was nearly over, so he decided to check on this boy again before going out.

In the IC- unit he saw nurse Kindle sitting at the bedside with a wet cloth over the boys forehead. Raising an eyebrow, she smiled at him and said: “He was aware for a moment I think. His temperature seemed to rise a bit, so I thought this might comfort him a bit.”

Dr. Willie smiled and checked all the machines and his patient, without moving him around. If the boy was somewhat aware, he would probably be in much pain. Perhaps it was better to keep him in a controlled coma for a while.

He smiled at the nurse again and said: “Well, this boy is going to make it through the night I think. Hopefully he will be able to tell us who he is, and who those other people were. Yes, that would be wonderfull.”

Seeing as how he lifted the nurse’s spirit with that, he greeted her, and walked out of the room. He could only hope his words were true. With this final thought he stepped out of the hospital to go home and get a good nights rest.

Several hundreds of miles away, a bird could be heard screetching and crying out for the one that needed her now, more than ever.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=309