Misunderstandings by Roselina4389
Summary: Snape hates Harry Potter. Harry Potter hates Snape. But once they find out something earth-shattering, they are forced to spend more time with each other than they would have liked. Warning: CP. Twisty father/son.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hermione, James, Lily, Ron, Sirius, Umbridge, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry, Canon Snape, Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Family, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Character Death, Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Profanity, Romance/Het
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 22108 Read: 97972 Published: 05 Sep 2014 Updated: 09 Aug 2015
Chapter Ten by Roselina4389
Author's Notes:
Author's Note: I'm so sorry for taking so long to update! Enjoy the chapter. Reviews help me work faster! This is super short, but I promise I'll make up for it in the next chapter.

 

 

The sight of blood was making Harry dizzy. It was dripping onto the floor in thick droplets. Another result of detention with Umbridge.

Harry staggered to the common room. He hissed out the password and stumbled inside. Spots seemed to be bursting in front of his eyes and he felt nauseous.

"Im fine," he said the minute Ron rushed over to him and opened his mouth.

Ron shut his mouth with a clamp, frowning.

"I just need to rest, that's all. Where's the murtlap essence?"

"Hermione may have it," Ron said stiffly. "I need to talk to you, Harry,"

Eyeing Ron's sulky expression Harry wasn't too enthusiastic for the talk. "Er, alright."

They sat near the fire, Ron's face gloomy and unexpressive.

"What's wrong?" Harry looked worried.

"Harry, look, I know things aren't very easy for you right now, but we're still friends right?"

"What kind of a question is that? Of course!" Harry said vehemently. "Why wouldn't we be?"

"Well, no offence, but you've kind of been ignoring me. And Hermione. You're hiding stuff and-and well, if you'd rather we leave you alone..."

"That's not true at all, you guys are my best friends," Harry said desperately. "Look Ron, you have no idea what's going on..."

"You're right, I don't," Ron snapped. "Because you haven't told me. Well, what's so important that you've forgotten us and are avoiding us whenever you see us?"

Harry frowned. "It's-it's kind of personal, Ron. I never meant to ignore you. I honestly didn't."

"Well, if you claim to still be my friend, why aren't you telling me what's wrong?" Ron asked, now looking hurt. "You know I won't judge, Harry. And I can help you,"

"Ron...can't you understand this? I don't feel ready to tell you. But I will, I promise, soon. Just not now. I can't handle it."

Ron stared at him and Harry saw him consider this mistrustfully.

Then Ron sighed and said, "Promise you'll tell me what's got you so tensed up soon?"

"Promise."

"Oh okay, good. Let's go find Hermione then."

Harry forced a smile and nodded, even as he felt his heart sink. Not only had he lost a father and had his life shattered, but now he was also messing things up with his friends. Could things get any worse?

xxx

Harry saw Snape in class the next day. The man completely ignored him and Harry was totally fine with that. He was just leaving the classroom after the lesson when the man beckoned a finger towards him, his pretence that Harry didn't exist forgotten.

Harry walked up to the desk defiantly, staring at Snape coldly. "Yes?" He asked pointedly.

"We need to talk. I want you in my office this evening-"

"I'm sorry, I have work to do," Harry said rudely, turning around to walk away.

"Stay right here, Potter," Snape said in a deadly voice. "Unless you want a detention."

"I'm fine with a million detentions, just not a few moments with you."

"Why you insolent..." Snape scowled, standing up.

"I'm not the bastard here," Harry growled, even as Snape's eyes sparked with fury. "Why don't you just shove off,"

Then he hurried away without trying to look as if he was hurrying away.

Snape was going to kill him. But he wouldn't let that bother him right now.

xxx

"Open up your books to page 67." Umbridge intoned, looking around the bored class.

There was a shuffling of pages. Harry turned and whispered something in Hermione's ear. She frowned but giggled.

"Anything funny, miss Granger?" Umbridge asked irritably.

"No, Professor," Hermione ducked her head.

"And you, Mr Potter, I would have thought you'd be behaving better-you still have a week's worth of detentions."

"Yes, I know, Professor," Harry tried to sound unconcerned.

Umbridge frowned and Harry had a feeling that she was planning to get him later on.

xxx

"You think you're being brave, do you Mr Potter?" Umbridge said in a low voice, seeing Harry continue on with his detention calmly.

And he was right.

"What? Of course not, Professor," Harry looked up, raising an eyebrow.

"Is this punishment not enough for you? Perhaps, you need more? Because this punishment does not seem to be making a great enough impact on you, Potter,"

"It's your choice, Professor," Harry said through gritted teeth, but his heart started beating fast.

Umbridge opened her mouth but then looked at the clock. "It's much, much later than lights out. You should go now. Maybe next detention you will have a surprise in store. Leave now,"

Harry smiled even though he felt horrified, slung his bag over his shoulder and walked out.

What's she going to do? He thought as he went down to the common room. Should I finally tell someone this time?

No. No, I can't. How bad can it be?

xxx

Snape didn't hear anything from Potter and decided to just leave him alone. He would have nothing to do with the arrogant brat. His son, indeed!

His son would never be so. He had never seen his unglamourized face and suspected he didn't want to anyway.

He contemplated leaving the school once more when there was a knock at the door.

Snape went to open the door, shocked to see Draco Malfoy.

"Draco? What is it?" He asked.

Draco had a serious yet gleeful expression on his face. Snape had a feeling this was going to be bad even as the boy opened his mouth.

xxx

Snape was still massaging his temples hours after the visit. The impertinent boy! Draco had dared to ask him what was going on between him and Potter and that he had heard everything which had taken place at the door a few days ago.

"It was nothing and it is none of your business, Draco," Snape had said firmly.

"Why would you hide it? Something's wrong,"

"What is wrong is that you are out of your dorm after lights out and don't understand simple sentences. Leave immediately and put these ridiculous notions out of your mind or I will assign you a detention."

Draco had glared up at him defiantly but walked away when he saw that he was going to get nothing out of Snape.

The boy would surely cause trouble. Snape had no idea how many problems he would have to go through.

 

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3101