Misunderstandings by Roselina4389
Summary: Snape hates Harry Potter. Harry Potter hates Snape. But once they find out something earth-shattering, they are forced to spend more time with each other than they would have liked. Warning: CP. Twisty father/son.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hermione, James, Lily, Ron, Sirius, Umbridge, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry, Canon Snape, Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Family, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Character Death, Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Profanity, Romance/Het
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 22108 Read: 97982 Published: 05 Sep 2014 Updated: 09 Aug 2015
Chapter Nine by Roselina4389
Author's Notes:
Author's Note: The reason I started writing Snape/Harry stories was because I hated the portrayal of both of them in the said stories. Don't get me wrong, some stories were excellent, but some were so OOC, it was cringe-worthy. Well, I thought I could write an IC story and make it enjoyable at the same time. Thanks for the response everyone. Please review and continue to support me :D Sorry this is so short.

 

 

Snape immediately dragged Harry from under the table, pulling him towards a couch. He hauled Harry's limp body onto a sofa, making sure he didn't roll off.

Dumbledore had gone white. "Is he alright?"

Snape shook his head and didn't answer, feeling Harry's cheeks gingerly. He straightened. "He is out cold." He said slowly.

Dumbledore found this a rather obvious thing to say. He sighed and went over to the sofa. "I think he has been taking too much pressure. It's understandable."

"He actually fainted..." Snape was shaking his head. "What should I do?"

"Maybe you should get him a glass of water while I wake him up." Dumbledore suggested.

Snape was about to get the glass, but suddenly he stopped and looked at Dumbledore.

"I don't want to be a father, Dumbledore," he spat. "I want him away from me."

"He is your son,"

"No, he isn't!" Snape flushed. "I am not going to indulge myself into this nonsense, do you hear me? I quit!"

Dumbledore raised an eyebrow. "Severus, do you know what you are saying? Are you disowning him?"

"Maybe I am!" Snape hissed. "You know very well how much risk this puts me in-"

Dumbledore cut him off with a stern look. "We will discuss this later. Please bring the glass of water."

Snape scowled and went away. Dumbledore sighed and took out his wand. He waved it and muttered, "Enervate,"

Harry's eyes fluttered. He shifted, his glasses hanging off his face precariously. He suddenly struggled to sit up. "Wha-?"

"Calm yourself, Harry," Dumbledore said soothingly.

"How did-"

"You lost consciousness," Dumbledore explained, helping him sit.

Harry flushed. His hands were shaking. "Snape-?"

"He is getting you some water," Dumbledore explained.

Harry shook his head violently. "I need to go, sir, I can't-"

But Snape had already come back, carrying a glass of cold water. Harry jumped up from the sofa. "I'll be going now," he muttered, heading for the door.

"Harry, wait-" Dumbledore called. "You have to listen to me,"

"I've heard enough." Harry growled, turning around.

Snape raised an eyebrow. Dumbledore sighed. "Harry, please, this is important. We need to discuss it. It is essential that nobody at all must know about this arrangement at any cost. Not even your friends and especially not Professor Umbridge,"

Harry doubted he wanted to tell them this embarrassing news either.

"Also, you must be very discreet about this. Pretend nothing has happened. If Voldemort's followers find out-"

Snape flinched slightly. Harry, however, let out a laugh. "I doubt anyone will find out, Professor."

"Harry, you shouldn't behave like this. It is time to end all petty animosities-"

"I'm sorry, Headmaster," Harry said, in an eerily calm voice. "But if you think I'm going to take the fact that he's my father calmly, then you're going senile,"

Snape made an angry sound at such disrespect but Harry had already left the quarters.

XXX

Harry got ready for his detention that evening. He hadn't spoken to Ron or Hermione and he felt guilty for taking out his anger on them. Again.

He had to go to Professor Umbridge and get his hand sliced open again. Harry dreaded going and wondered how she could enjoy such a sick thing.

Sighing, he headed over to her office.

XXX

"Disrespectful," Snape was saying to Dumbledore. "I had a right mind to..."

"We must be understanding."

"I will never father him. This shouldn't be my responsibility."

"I am afraid it is your responsibility."

"You've just sprung this on me instead of telling me this years ago." Snape said, angrily. "Do you think that this is fair on me?"

"I had no choice. Lily didn't want you to know-"

"Tell me how exactly does that work, Dumbledore? Did you plan to never tell me the truth? Keep this a secret for the rest of my and his existence?"

Dumbledore didn't say anything. Snape laughed bitterly. "Please leave, Dumbledore. I don't have the energy to "discuss" anything anymore."

Dumbledore looked at him mournfully. He suddenly turned around and saw the suitcase. His eyes narrowed. "Are you planning to go somewhere, Severus?"

Snape looked surprised and suddenly comprehension dawned on him. "Yes," he said firmly. "I will be leaving immediately Dumbledore."

"You cannot do that," Dumbledore narrowed his eyes, finally sounding angry. "You have duties. Don't forget the promise you made to me,"

"Which promise? To protect Harry Potter for Lily's sake?"

"You were to atone for your deeds by helping us win the war against Voldemort." Dumbledore said coldly. "Do not forget the numerous ways in which I helped you..."

"Do not forget the numerous ways in which I, in turn, helped you, Dumbledore. You can send me packing to Azkaban, I don't care."

For a few seconds, Snape and Dumbledore glared at each other. Finally Dumbledore sighed and said calmly, "Harry is not a Potter, Severus. Accordingly, I think he is actually Harry Snape now. He is your son and you must not run away but take care of him,"

"He hates me,"

"He will stop hating you once you show him affection-" Snape snorted. "-and prove yourself worthy of liking. He is upset, and you should calm him down."

Snape stared at the floor. "I am the traumatised one here, Dumbledore,"

"But Harry has done no sin to deserve this."

Snape laughed bitterly. "But I have, I suppose. I was the one who chatted Lily up and I was the one who ruined her life. If only it hadn't happened,"

If only he hadn't been an idiot. Maybe Harry Snape would just be a daydream like always, not blinding reality.

 

To be continued...
End Notes:
TBC...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3101