Leashed by Harry-Potter-is-the-best-ever
Summary: When Harry and Draco are at it again, a tense duel insues. But when happens when the dungeon bat of Hogwarts just happens to be standing by? A spell rebounds and hits him, leaving him completely vulnerable to one Mr. Harry J. Potter... So what happens next? In response to ravenhaired88's Grounded! Challenge.
Categories: Misc > No category on the site fits Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, McGonagall, Ron
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry, Snape is Depressed, Snape is Desperate, Out of Character Snape
Genres: Drama, General, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 6th Year
Warnings: Out of Character
Prompts: Grounded!
Challenges: Grounded!
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 951 Read: 2333 Published: 13 Sep 2014 Updated: 13 Sep 2014
Story Notes:

Hello all! This isn't my first fanfiction, but it is my first on this site. Check it out! xD

So, without further ado, I bring you...

Leashed

Chapter 1 by Harry-Potter-is-the-best-ever
Author's Notes:
This chapter is basically the intro (duel, problem, blah blah blah). Now, my lovely readers, read on!

“Yeah, yeah, it was great,” Harry replied to Ron distractedly.

“Harry, mate, did you hear what I just said?”

He, in fact, had not heard a word Ron had been saying, but instead was focused on a shadowy figure quickly leaving the great hall. He got up, much to his friend’s dismay (and Hermione’s worry), following the figure out.

Unfortunately, Professor Severus Snape also saw, and followed out too.

 


Harry followed him for some time before Draco turned around.

“Spying on me again, Potter? I would’ve thought you’d have more ethics than that.”

“Malfoy,” he growled out, not really knowing what to say.

“Looking for a duel then? CONFRINGO!”

He dodged quickly. “Diffindo! Expelliarmus!”

“Expulso!”

“Furnunculus!”

The duel raged on, neither person being able to hit the other target. However, at that moment, Severus Snape walked up to them.

What is the meaning of this? Potter?” he growled out.

They continued to duel and ignore him, and his patience was wearing thin. However, he refused to acknowledge that Draco obviously was at fault as much was Harry. “Pott –“

And it was that moment when it all went wrong.

Draco shot some wordless spell at Harry, which rebounded on the wall, the lamp, and finally the top of Snape’s chest.

The boys stopped, suddenly, and were quiet as they both walked over.

A great number of students and most of the staff came rushing down the hall, Professor McGonagall leading the way. “What is the meaning of – is Merlin, is that Severus?”

“Professor –“ began Harry.

“Not one word! Straight down to the hospital wing, the lot of you, you look dead on your feet, and Severus looks…”

“Dead?” questioned a second year Ravenclaw.

“McGonagall sent her a sharp glare as Madame Pomfrey rushed over. “No, not dead,” she remarked. “Just temporarily passed out. He’ll be fine.”

Harry breathed a sigh of relief. He didn’t need another problem on his conscious.

“Well, come on then!” motioned Pomfrey. “I still need to look over you, and I’m sure your heads of house would love to speak to you.”

The boys tried to protest, but the mediwitch just help her hand up in the universal ‘silence’ gesture.

“Come,” she said simply, and, leaving no room for argument, turned and spun on her heel.

Ron and Hermione looked at Harry worriedly as he stormed past.

 


 “No permanent damage to any of them, but Severus should stay the night. I gave him a dreamless sleep the second he woke up, though, just to be sure. He seemed pretty upset, but also in a lot of pain. But that is to be expected. Who knows what spell could have been used! My diagnostic scans weren’t showing up quite right…”

“Okay, thank you Poppy. You are quite right. The boys will be punished quite severely for their actions. Am I okay to take them back to their common rooms?”

“Yes, by all means, Minnie. They’re all yours. Do be sure to try and find out exactly what spell was used, won’t you?”

“I will do my best, of that you can be sure. And thank you, Poppy. I will take my leave now.”

She turned through to the curtains to the boys who were sitting, glaring at each other. It looked as if they were having a duel of the minds.

“Now,” she somehow managed to yell while being extremely silent. “Come with me.”

Harry turned to leave, and was almost out the door when he felt a tug in his hand. Staring down at it, he tried to walk away again. But there it was again. He couldn’t leave, until…

…until Snape’s hospital bed came wheeling straight towards him, Pomfrey shrieking after it. "Mr. Potter! What is the meaning of this?”

Minerva glared at him. “What are you – “

I’m not doing anything! It’s probably that git!” he yelled, pointing to Draco.

ME!” he yelled. “What am I doing! Snape’s heading straight at you!”

And indeed he was. Harry gave a yell and flexed out his hand at the bed, closing his eyes and preparing for impact.

None came.

He opened his eyes, one by one, looking cautiously at the bed as if it would start flying at him again. When nothing happened, he relaxed a little bit.

However, both teacher and nurse were staring at Harry.

“But…”

“How…”

“This isn’t possible!” cried the professor in obvious distress. “This can’t – why, this is used for children! I wasn’t even aware that this worked on adults!”

“But it can –“ she paused, unsure. “Is that the spell that rebounded?”

“I don’t know – I mean, I missed it! But why would Draco use that spell?” McGonagall asked angrily as she turned to Draco.

“What – I mean – I didn’t – “

Draco!”

“What did I do!” he cried in fright at seeing the look on his teachers’ face.

“What – is – the – last – spell – you – used?” she said in a deadly calm voice you never want to hear out of a teacher.

“Uh – uhhhh – um – I don’t know! It was just some spell I found in a book. I didn’t know what it would do, though!”

“So used a spell that you didn’t know the effects if whatsoever? What if was another killing spell?”

Draco gulped.

“100 points off of Slytherin, Mr. Malfoy,” she said softly, ignoring the boy’s protests. “As for you, Mr. Potter… I think this will be punishment enough. 10 points off of Gryffindor for assaulting a fellow classmate. I think you know what you did wrong, Mr. Malfoy,” she said, holding up a hand to silence him.

“Professor, what’s wrong? Why should I be so worried? Why are you so worried? Why did Sn- Professor Snape come towards me? Why couldn’t – “

“Harry! That is enough!” then she softened. “Harry, Draco…” she started, unsure how to even begin to explain. “What – well – what have you boys learned of child containment spells?”

To be continued...
End Notes:
Aaaand... that's that! What did you think? Leave me a review and a rating so I know! And be sure to give ideas and comments, they brighten up my day :)
Next chapter: Explanations and biiiiiig shocks.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3103