Pen Pals by The Lonely God With A Box, mandancie
Summary: Draco is exchanging anonymous letters with another Hogwarts student, pen named, Id. Id reveals disturbing information about himself, and Draco finds himself personally invested in Id's troubles. WARNING: It takes awhile for there to be much interaction with Harry and Severus.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Lucius, Other, Ron
Snape Flavour: Canon Snape, Snape Comforts, Snape is Desperate, Snape is Mean
Genres: Action/Adventure, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 6th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Torture, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 35 Completed: Yes Word count: 65095 Read: 208056 Published: 25 Sep 2014 Updated: 04 Sep 2016
Good Friends Are Like Stars by The Lonely God With A Box

Draco watched, opened mouthed, as Moody thrust Snape's head under water and then released him. Harry, on the other hand, looked guilty as he watched. Neither raised a hand to interfere. They both knew that there was nothing they could do to help their professor and any interference on their part would only make his plight worse.

Severus tried to stand, but since he never suffered that pain before, he was unaware that his own weight was too much for his legs. As he stood, he immediately collapsed back to the floor. Severus groaned as he crumpled to the floor. This scared the teens more than anything. The teacher they both looked to for strength collapsing on the floor was just too much.

Draco and Harry looked at each other, and in a joint understanding, they went to Severus' side. They didn't care what happened to them. They just wanted their Potions Master back next to them.

Severus felt a wave of gratitude towards both boys, even Potter, at their willingness to offer him comfort. Admittedly, Severus didn't expect Potter to do anything of the sort. Draco didn't surprise him; they had been close for years. But especially considering that Potter had been close to cursing him at the revelation that he had killed the boys parents, and that he had been the one to hold Potter down for the collar, he would never have expected the boy to raise a hand in his defense. Severus was scared, terrified beyond what he ever wished to feel again, and he knew his mask was crumbling.

"Don't you dare touch me!" he growled at his students, putting on his most intimidating glare possible. It had the desired effect. Harry and Draco both paused and questioned their previous careless bravado.

Severus keen ears caught the sound of someone quickly approaching. Mustering all the strength he had, Severus pulled himself to his feet. He had barely steadied himself when the door slammed open.

Severus didn't get to register who was at the door when a spell hit him square in the chest. Being already weakened by the effects of the collar and his head being submersed in water, he didn't even have the strength to block the spell. He fell unconscious at the feet of the two teenage boys. Both stood in utter shock at who cast the curse in the first place.

Draco's eyes never left the unconscious form of their potions professor, but Harry's heart plummeted when he looked into the face of his Head of House. She had her wand trained on both Draco and himself. The only thing that flashed in his mind at that moment was that the ones who were supposed to love, him hurt him, and the ones who didn't like him, saved his life.

Minerva walked in the room. She looked down at Severus' unconscious form, then at the two teenage boys gaping at her.

"Well," Moody said. "It's about time you showed up. I was wondering what was taking you so long." Minerva never took her eyes off the boys.

"Yes, well, I had things that needed to be done and people that I had to throw off the track. Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger were very close, extremely close, to knowing where Harry was."

Draco looked at Harry. He saw the anguish in his friend. He could only watch the pain that Harry was emitting. There was no way he could comfort his friend. And Draco, feeling like he biggest coward in the room, was afraid that if to offer any sign of comfort or sympathy Moody would activate his collar again. And that was a pain he never wanted to experience again.

Harry stood there. His eyes never left Professor Snape's body. He couldn't believe it. His heart just ached from the amount of people who said they loved him and cared for him, yet they either stood by and let bad things happen, or they did the things themselves. The potions professor slowly became more and more blurry as the tears formed in Harry's eyes. He wouldn't look up at his Head of House, nor at Draco. Maybe soon, Draco would start hurting him as well. Him and his professor. Why he should care so much about Draco and his professor was beyond him, but if he only had two people that really would be honest with him, then he would hold them close.

Minerva turned and faced Alistair.

"Now," Minerva said. "Can you explain to me why Severus and Draco are here?" Her tone demanded respect. There was no flinch in her face nor deception in her eyes. Moody understood that she demanded respect - that she demanded the truth.

"They are Death Eaters. Potter needed to be trained," Moody growled. "And what better way than to practice on a couple of Death Eaters?" Minerva's eyes narrowed slightly.

"What exactly have you been doing with Harry?"

"Training him."

"How?"

"Professor," a small voice called out.

Minerva turned and saw that Harry's head was still bowed, and Draco was looking at Harry. She saw the contrite manner in which Harry stood and the anger within her boiled to an ungodly level. Slowly she turned back to Moody.

"Training?" she asked again.

"Potter needs to be ready for the upcoming war," Moody proclaimed.

Minerva put her head down, then she quickly raised it with her wand and just as fast Moody went flying to the other end of the room. There he laid unconscious next to Lucius' still form. She quickly turned and faced the boys behind her.

"Oh, God, thank you," Harry breathed, when he saw Moody's motionless body.

"Mr. Potter, Mr. Malfoy," her voice much softer than before.

"Please, Professor," Draco pleaded in a soft voice. His eyes spoke what he voice could not. This was not at all what Minerva was accustomed to hearing from Draco Malfoy. It hurt her heart at how scared he sounded. "Please get us to the infirmary." He gestured to himself, Harry, and Severus. Then, pointing at Moody, "He needs to be restrained. He tried to kill us. All of us."

"And your father?" Minerva asked, pointing her wand at the man's prostrate form.

"Dead," Draco choked out. "Please don't hurt us anymore."

"No," Minerva said softly shaking her head. "I will not hurt you. I am so happy that I found you. Now listen to me, and hear me out. What I do next, please understand that it is for your safety. I promise you no one will hurt you again."

"And Professor Snape?" Harry asked.

"Trust me, Harry," Minerva said as she placed her finger under Harry's chin and brought gaze gaze to meet her own.

Minerva stepped back. She waved her wand in two different patterns. The first one put the boys in a deep sleep (something, which by the look of them, they were sorely short of), and the other one slowly and carefully lowered them towards the floor. Once they were settled, she carefully levitated the boys to the bed and laid them down upon it. Quickly, the rolled Severus onto his back, in what she imagined to be a more comfortable position. She then turned back to Moody and while he was unconscious, she placed a body bind on him. It was the best thing she could think to do that would not land her in Azkaban. She was angry at Moody, but something told her that a certain lemon drop eating wizard was the one really pulling the strings and once she got a chance she would be talking to the Headmaster with too many names.


The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3106