Not all who wander are lost by Lyzasnape
Summary: The term continues on after Sirius' death, and Harry Potter is not okay. Wandering about aimlessly, Harry attempts to be who everyone wants him to be while slowly coming undone. Life has never been easy for The Boy Who Lived in the Cupboard Under the Stairs, but this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. Will anybody notice that Harry Potter is breaking? Is there hope? Perhaps it will soon ring true that "not all who wander are lost."
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts
Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Rape, Self-harm, Suicide Themes
Challenges: None
Series: Not All Who Wander are Lost
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 11306 Read: 68841 Published: 08 Oct 2014 Updated: 22 Apr 2015
The Train by Lyzasnape
Author's Notes:
This chapter is short, but emotionally charged. Please leave a review so I can get an idea of how many people are following this story!

Harry ran his fastest, his breath coming out in short bursts. Adrenalyn pumped through his veins.

Bloody Snape...What did I just...Did I mention the Dursley's?...Oh, Merlin...I screamed at Snape of all...detention for the rest of my...got to get out...safe place...the tracks...

 Harry's scattered thoughts flashed to and fro as his emotions reached a painful crescendo. 

I need to get out of here.


Ron and Hermione hung back behind the corner of the corridor, waiting for Harry to come out of the classroom. Moments later, they heard muffled screaming and listened intently as they recognized the voice of their best friend. Before they were able to react, the door to the Defense room flung open as Harry sprinted passed their corner unseeingly, a panicked look on his face. 

 "He was crying," Hermione said, looking at Ron's ashen face with concern. "I haven't seen him that upset since he saw Sirius..." She paused, remembering the night at the ministry, and fell silent.

 Ron remained quiet before stepping in the direction that their friend had just run in. "I'm done giving him bloody space, Hermione. I'm going after him."

For once, Hermione had nothing to say and instead gave one, brief nod.


 Severus snapped out of his stupor seconds after the boy fled, his mind processing what had occurred. The shouted words lingered. The boy had a point.

 First year, second year...how many times have we neglected to listen...wait a minute..."when I didn't want to stay with the Dursleys or when I was honest about them."

Severus moved toward the door.


Harry walked along the tracks, attempting to compose himself. Startled, he heard a noise in the distance. The ground shook and he hopped off of the steel railway, onto a bank of rocks and dirt. In the distance he saw a train...the Hogwarts Express!

This hasn't happened before.

As the train approached, Harry felt childlike excitement, his bright green eyes wide in wonder. 

Whoa! At this rate it's going to pass right by me any minute. Harry sobered.

Before he knew what was happening, he stepped back into the middle of the tracks.

 What am I...can't do this...my fault...I'm just Harry...just Harry...just...I...NO!

A horn blared and Harry turned around, leaping over the rail before stumbling onto the rocks. The sound of metal scraping metal filled the air as well as an unnerving hissing. His black hair was blown into his face, despite the fact that his arms were crossed in front of him, hands palms out as if to shield. He held his eyes closed as his senses were overwhelmed, and for a brief moment, Harry did not know if he was going to make it.

As suddenly as it had come, the sounds faded and the wind died down. He looked up just in time to see the train disappear around the bend, trees blocking his sight.

A strange, choked noise filled the silence, and as another followed, Harry realized it was his own sobbing. 

 Oh Merlin...I almost...I...I...

Sitting on the rock mound, Harry pulled his knees to his chest, resting his forehead on top of them. He continued to sob until he could no longer breathe. He was a mess of tears and mucus. Stretching out his sore legs, Harry shifted uncomfortably as he opened his eyes, blinking repeatedly as he strained to adjust to the sunlight.

"Mr. Potter...we have much to discuss."

The End.
End Notes:
Sorry for the cliffie! It could have been worse. ;) Reviews are loved!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3111