Appearances Can Be Deceiving by Orion Winter
Summary: Harry Potter isn't the only one to receive a gift on his 15th birthday. Dumbledore has been meddling again and Lily Potter is determined to save her family...from the grave.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Snape is Loving
Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Evil!Albus, Injured!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 5th summer, 5th Year, 6th summer, 6th Year, 7th summer, 7th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Bashing, Neglect, Out of Character, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 12900 Read: 24519 Published: 06 Nov 2014 Updated: 17 Nov 2014
Chapter 2 by Orion Winter

When Severus Snape woke that morning he had no idea how much his life would change by the end of the day. Rather he had no idea how much his life would be restored to what it should have been or that a restoration was even needed.

As he sat on his bed now however, he simply did not know what the think. The exquisite handwriting on the envelope of this letter he would forever know, anywhere. He had not seen it in many many years and the problem was that he had never believed that he would again. As he stared it, he could feel the magic that came with it and he could only think one thing...

Lily

He finally gathered himself to read her last letter to him and as he turned it over and made the smallest break in the seal, his own mind became a wirlwind of memories that he hadn't realized he'd ever had to have forgotten in the first place.

Lily, sweet, beautiful, seventeen year old Lily holding him in one of her earth-shattering kisses that had once brought his world to a standstill, with her hands tangled in his long black hair.

Him and Lily, sitting out by the lake after dinner gazing at the stars together. She was wrapped safely in his arms as he played with her long, soft, red hair. Her fingers gently trace his pale face as she picked her head up of his chest to look him in the eye. "Severus, I love you." she confessed.

He was momentarily stunned but when he came back to reality, his could reply with, " And I will always love you my sweet Lily".

Severus's dormant heart gave a jolt. He now new with out a shred of doubt that it was indeed her magic he had felt a moment ago and it was her who was assaulting him with his own long lost memories...making him remember what he knew to be true.

"I love you" Lily cried. Her body was so warm and soft as they made love, having snuck down to the Room of Requirement. His hands he just could not keep still. He answered her words as he began to leave a trail of kisses down her neck.

"Lily, oh I love you", he whispered in her ear. "You are so beautiful" He held her closely, never wanting to let her go. "I'll never leave you, my Lily" Her arms tightned around his shoulders as she reveled in is strength, safety and love with which he continued to shower her.

As he relived that particular memory, the rest seemed to slide back into place without him having to relive each an every one. As he sorted out what his love was trying to make him remember, he was beginning to feel ill.

Sirius Black hanging him upside down infront of everyone, not James.

The Slythering Prefect claiming he shouldn't have accepted help from a 'Mudblood'. He never said such a thing to Lily!

The engagement ring he gave to her for her 17th birthday under their tree at their park on Spinner's End, and Lily had agreed to marry him!

Their wedding day, Lily, more beautiful then ever with her stunning white dress and gorgeous smile.

But she claimed to have married James, (not Potter) because Severus had asked her to for her own safetly, he had to help Lucius as best he could.

Lily telling him she was pregnant...

"Harry!" Severus exclaimed in a somewhat strangled voice. He felt his heart give a horrible wrench as he thought of all the pain he had caused him, Harry...his... his own son!

"Oh Lily, what have I done?" he cried. It was then that he remembered he still had yet to actually read her letter. He immediately switched gears for the moment and set out to rectify that problem.

With trembling hands he picked up the aged piece of muggle notebook paper and began to read the last words of the only woman he had ever loved.

My Dear Severus My love, it pains me to write this letter but I must for tonight all was lost and the grave errors that have been made must be rectified immediately. Oh Sev, I saw it all. I know by now your memories have finally come home to you. I am angered that they were every taken in the first place, for yes they were stolen from you. I have seen what is most likely disturbing you now and know that we forgive you and soon he will as well.

Harry

Our son,

Your son, my love.

Let it be known that I am well practiced in rolling over in my grave! That self-righteous, maniputative old coot needs a reality check Sev and now! Albus Dumbledore stole you memories and he stole your son from you! That idiot is so consumed with the greater good he willing to sacrifes our little boy. If I wasn't already dead by the time you read this, I would kill him myself! Unfortunately that sort of justice will have to wait.

Severus you must help him! Harry is in danger. You know where that crackpot sent my baby, and he is not safe there! If you are reading this then unfortunately far too many years have passed but you can still help him. And regardless he will want your help love, he will. Today is your Harry's 15th birthday. I was only able to send the letter this "soon". You musn't delay. He is YOUR son Severus Snape and I know that by now you remember your love for him. Show him!

As you embark on the path your lives should have taken Severus my love, remember this: You were a good father then and you still are. You can love Sev, Harry is proof of that, and you DO deserve to be loved, so regardless of how I know you and him were made to treat each other. Let him forgive you and let him love you as he will remember he does.

I will always love you and am always in your heart should you ever need of me.

Forever my deepest love,

Lily Flower

As Severus finished the letter, he stared for minute at what was signed at the bottom. "Lily Flower". He had given her that nickname when they had started dating in their 5th year, and he was the only one to ever use it. James Potter, the man who actually lived with her, claimed to be her husband to the world, never once made use of his term of endearment.

Suddenly he felt something in him shift. His eyes went from her signature to the words in her letter.

"Your son"

A second later he was out the dungeon door heading towards the grounds in order to apparate to an address that for years he had no clue why he had made a point to memorize...until now.

4 Privet Drive

Severus Snape was going to go get his son.

 

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3136