Appearances Can Be Deceiving by Orion Winter
Summary: Harry Potter isn't the only one to receive a gift on his 15th birthday. Dumbledore has been meddling again and Lily Potter is determined to save her family...from the grave.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Snape is Loving
Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Evil!Albus, Injured!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 5th summer, 5th Year, 6th summer, 6th Year, 7th summer, 7th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Bashing, Neglect, Out of Character, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 12900 Read: 24512 Published: 06 Nov 2014 Updated: 17 Nov 2014
Chapter 5 by Orion Winter

Poppy Pomfrey was not a stupid woman by any means. She wasn't blind either. The headmaster may be her employer but the man infuriated her to the core. She currently sat at her desk in her office going over the potions she had made for her, setting them into the specific kit she put together every summer for the last four. Ever since a certain green-eyed little boy first stepped foot in her infirmary. Yes, these potions were made and in abundance, and put aside just for Harry Potter. She would never admit it to anyone but a select few, but she had a special place in her heart for that sweet child. June was especially hell for her. Every year, at the end of term, Poppy would storm into Dumbledore's office and inform him of the same thing as the year before.

The boy was mal-nourished.

The child was neglected.

Lily's child was beaten.

And every year he refused to believe her. Refused to even look at the medical scans that she repeated every single time Harry was treated. Every year she had sit back as the headmaster sent the poor child back to that hell, instead of where he belonged.

But this year everything would change. She had felt the magic in the air for the last week. Poppy knew that magic anywhere, almost as well as her own. It swirled and flew all around the castle and especially her infirmary. She knew that she would be seeing Harry soon...she hoped she was wrong, but Lily Snape was rarely, if ever wrong. Oh yes, she knew the truth. She also know what her best friend had done. Her other best friend and the child she loved, would finally be where they belonged, and have the family they so dearly deserved.

She looked up from the potions in front of her and her eyes caught the calander on her wall.

31 July 1995

Harry's Birthday

This time she heard the magic reak havic through the whole wing and stilled.

Oh, dear Merlin...

The Hospital wing doors slammed open with a resounding bang lifting her from her chair. The scream that followed it had her bolting from her office...praying to all the magic in the world that it wasn't what she thought.

 

 

The second Severus landed and saw the Hogwarts gate, he took off at a sprint. Careful of the broken child in his arms. He stormed through the doors and sped through the corridors with one destination in mind.

The Hospital Wing.

He fequently cast looks down at his son, who was somehow snuggled quite closely in his arms. While he wouldn't dare move him, Severus could not, for the life of him, figure out how Harry was curled so tightly in on himself as he was...without being in agonizing pain.

A breathe of magic flew over his head and by his ear.

"I hear you Lily, I hear you." He spoke softly to the walls. That magic was hers and hers alone. Lily was here some how. He didn't dare question it either. There was a tone, a feel to that magic floating among the castle walls, that he knew well.

She was NOT happy.

Oh Dumbledore, you are SO screwed.. he thought.

The white doors to the infirmary came into his field of vision and he picked up his pace carefully. Before he even reached them, they flew open with a bang.

"POPPY! HELP ME!" Severus cried, carrying the precious cargo in his arms over to the bed that he used so frequently.

The mediwitch came running out of her office seconds later, her eyes catching his before that set on the bundle he had brought to her.

Poppy saw Severus and then she caught sight of Harry.

"Oh Merlin! Harry!" She blew out, then immediately setting out to mend him as quickly as possible. Severus have swifly moved to the opposite side of the bed to sit and watch over his son.

Suddenly, as Poppy's scans finished and the last potion was spelling into Harry's stomach to heal him, the most powerful burst of magic came swiftly though the infirmary. It swirled around the room for a while before melding into the stone walls.

"Yes Lily, I know. I hear you woman, no need to get to testy with us." she spoke to the air around her. Severus nearly choked on his own breath.

"Poppy..." he began to question.

"Yes Severus I know who this child is. I know what has been done to him...and to you. Just as Lily does." she informed before he could even ask.

"It's her...she's here. I do not know how but.. " Severus let out. Poppy looked up at him with a soft look in her eyes before they became hard, angry.

"Yes, she is and she's livid." she growled out.


Not one of them heard Harry stir from his sleep. Neither one noticed him take in all the magic in the room, surrounding him. He heard their converstation, and suddenly closed his eyes letting him soak up the feel of his mother. Let himself bask in one of the only things he would ever have of her. Madam Pomfrey's comment about his mother brought him back to the present. A part of him just knew that his mother was the reason he had begged for professor Snape. His mother was there for him, knew what had happened and she was pissed.

An old adage ran through his mind and he had to voice it as Madam Pomfrey voiced how angry his mother truly was.

"It is never wise to anger the dead." he said softly.

 

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3136