Unexpected Truce by mandancie
Summary: Harry finds help in the most unlikely of places. Severus mentors Harry story. It begins the summer after the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Please take the time to read and review. :)
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, McGonagall, Remus, Sirius
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts
Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Evil!Albus
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Out of Character, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 68 Completed: No Word count: 164150 Read: 283299 Published: 01 Feb 2015 Updated: 21 Jun 2017
Chapter 13: Meeting at Hog's Head by mandancie

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

A special thanks to The Lonely God With a Box

A/N: Here is chapter 13. Enjoy!


Chapter 13


Severus looked down at the sleeping boy on the couch. Is that what he really thought of himself?

Severus thought. Harry cried himself into exhaustion. Severus laid him out on the couch, and Harry seemed to fall asleep almost instantly. Severus mulled over taking him to his room, but it was still early, yet, and Harry was merely sleeping from emotional exhaustion than from physically being tired. He knew at most Harry would only sleep about and hour or so. Severus put the bear that was abandoned on the floor by the sleeping child. Severus sat back in his chair and watched the child.

______0000___________0000___________0000_________0000________0000______0000________

After Albus left, Arabella floo called Minerva. When Minerva's head came through the fire Arabella began to speak.

“Where is Severus?” Arabella asked her friend.

“I don't know,” Minerva answered. “What's going on?”

“Albus just came over. He just left.”

“So, what was Albus doing in Surrey?” Minerva mused. “What did he say?”

“He was here looking for Harry.”

“Harry?!” Minerva said. “Why was he looking for him? Harry should be there.”

“I don't know, but he said Harry wasn't here. I saw Severus earlier today, but that was it. I haven't seen either of them since you all left my house for the Infirmary.”

Minerva couldn't believe what she heard. Harry was not at Surrey. Harry was not with his relatives. Severus, oh Severus.

Minerva removed her head from the fire.

“Tami!”

She put her head back in the fire. “Thank you Arabella. I must go. I'll talk to you later.”

“Of course, Minerva.”

They both removed their heads from the fire. Minerva stood up from the hearth and walked to her desk. Tami was standing there waiting.

“Mistress be needing something?” Tami asked as Minerva sat down.

“Yes, Tami. You know where Severus is, don't you?” Minerva didn't look upset, but had the look of urgency on her face.

“Yes Mistress,” Tami answered, ringing her hands and took a step back.

“He's not alone, is he Tami?” Minerva asked.

Tami didn't answer. She just took another step back. This did not go unnoticed to Minerva. She knew she was probably putting her house elf in a bad position.

“I...ple....I....oh....mistress....,” Tami stumbled over her words. Her eyes frantically looking around the room.

Minerva knew what she was looking for and knew this had to stop now before she started hurting herself.

“Tami, stop,” Minerva said quickly, reaching out for her elf. “Tami stop, I won't make you answer. It's okay.”

Tami began to calm down at her mistress calming and soothing words. She so much loved her mistress and her son. They did not allow her to hurt herself if she made a mistake. Sometimes, Tami would forget and try and punish herself if she does something, but they were right there to tell her it was okay. She so much loved her mistress.

“Tami,” Minerva's voice was the same soothing way as she just was calming her down. “I need you to get something to my son. Can you do that?”

“Yes, my Mistress,” Tami visibly relaxed and walked up to Minerva. “Anything for my mistress.”

“Good,” Minerva said pulling a piece of parchment and quill out of her desk. She began to write a note and then rolled the parchment up. “Give this to Severus.” Handing the small scroll to Tami, she left with a small pop.

There was a knock on the door. Minerva got up and went and opened it.

“Oh, hi,” Minerva said with a small smile. “Come in.”

_________0000__________0000___________0000________0000__________0000________000____

After leaving Arabella, Albus knew he was going to have to talk to Severus and see what was really going on. Albus wasn't blind. And he wasn't senile, not yet. He know what he saw. Even if it was an illusion, he just knew that there was a certain potion professor that caused it. And if that was the case, then that meant that Harry was with him. Albus shook his head as he walked. He walked to Hog's Head. He needed a drink.

He walked in Hog's Head and sat down at a table in the corner. A man behind the bar watched him come in and sit down. He left his position and sat down across from Albus.

“What are you doing here?”

Albus looked at him. “Please,” he pleaded.

“I thought I told you. I don't want to see you again,” Aberforth said. “What do you want Albus?”

“I just wanted to see you,” Albus said. “Is that so evil? I won't try anything. I just want a Butterbeer. That's all.”

Aberforth narrowed his eyes at his little brother. “Alright, Albus,” he said getting up from the table. “One Butterbeer.”

Aberforth left the table and walked back to the bar. Albus really needed his brother, but he knew he was still angry from before, and no amount of apologies would make Aberforth ever forgive Albus.

As he filled the mug in his hand of Butterbeer, Aberforth looked at his brother. He knew his brother was up to something. What, he was not sure, but of something. As much as he didn't want to admit it, it was always nice to see his brother. But even not having seen his brother in a few years, he knew his brother and knew that if he made the trek out here, then that meant he wanted something. He walked over to the table, carrying the mug of Butterbeer and sat down.

“Alright, Albus,” Aberforth said. “What is it that you want?”

A small smile graced Albus' lips as he took a sip of his Butterbeer.

_______0000________0000________-0000________-0000__________0000______0000______00__

Severus went to the kitchen. Harry was still asleep on the couch in the library, so he decided to leave him there for the time being and make some tea. While the water was boiling, Tami popped in the kitchen.

“Master Sev'us,” Tami said walking over towards him holding a small scroll.

“Tami,” Severus said taking the note. “What's this?”

“It's from Mistress.”

Severus looked at the house elf and then to the scroll parchment in his hand. Quickly he opened up the scroll and began to read.

Severus, can you ever forgive an old woman? I'm sorry I ever doubted you. I should have listened to you when we were at Arabella's. You said he would not go back. And you kept to that. I am so proud of you. I don't know where you are, but know that Albus just left Surrey, so whatever you did, he's looking for you. Stay safe. Protect Harry. And when you deem it safe to come back to me, I will be waiting with open arms.

Your Mother

Severus looked at the scroll and re-read the note again. A small sigh left his mouth.

“Tami I want....” Severus began but was cut off.

“PROFESSOR! PROFESSOR!”

“Harry, in the kitchen,” Severus said.

Severus turned just in time to see the mopped head boy come rushing in the kitchen. He looked like he just woke up. His hair more of a mess than usual. Harry clutching the bear in one hand, but in the other there was a small green light illuminating from it. Severus got up and rushed over to Harry taking the coin out of his hand.

“I didn't do it,” Harry's voice filled with worry. Backing up a little. “I promise, I didn't do it. It just started on its own.”

“How long has this been like this?” Severus asked. His voice stern.

“It-it just started.”

Severus paled. He knew that the green light from the coin meant that it was from his coin. He didn't have his coin. Minerva took his coin right before he went to Surrey to pick up Harry.

“Harry,” Severus looked at the boy with a sense of urgency. “I don't know what we are about to walk into, but I need you to stay by me. No heroics. Understand?”

“Yes sir,” Harry nodded.

Severus quickly turned to Tami.

“Take us to my Mother,” Severus ordered, waving his wand over the now boiling water and grabbing hold of Harry's wrist.

“Professor?”

“Yes, Master Sev'us,” Tami said walking over to Severus and Harry.

She grabbed hold of both of their hands and with a small pop the three of them disappeared from the house.

They all re-emerged in Minerva's office. All three were in shock of what they were looking at. The office was in shambles. Harry was clutching the bear to his chest. Tami had tears in her big eyes at the mess. Severus looked like he was about to boil over. The anger that fill him was unmeasurable.

“Professor,” Harry said walking towards the overturned desk.

Severus turned to Harry and looked him in his eyes and gripped his shoulder. “Harry, you're not suppose to be here. Do not leave my side. Do you understand?”

Harry nodded.

“We have to find Professor McGonagall.”

“Yes sir,” Harry said.

Severus and Harry began looking through the rubble to see if they could find Minerva. Severus was getting more and more frustrated. He took out his wand and with one wave everything was gone. His heart sank. She was not there.

“Professor,” Harry said walking over to a small parchment on the side of the hearth.

“Not now, Harry,” Severus said. Looking around his mother's chambers and not finding her was heart-breaking.

Harry bend down and picked up the parchment and opened it. His brow creased as he read it. He looked up at his Professor then back at the parchment.

“Professor,” Harry said a little louder. “I think you need to see this.” Holding out the parchment.

Severus looked over at Harry and saw he was holding out a parchment. He walked over to Harry and took the parchment from him.

Harry has seen his Professor angry before, but this was different. He was shaking. Harry instinctively took a step back.

“T-tami,” Severus struggled out, not looking at either her or Harry.

Tami looked at Severus then rushed over to Harry and apparated the two of them out of Minerva's chambers. Severus' magic was coming off of him in waves. His hands clutching the parchment. He tried to calm himself down, but it wasn't working. Someone took her. Someone took his mother. That was all that was going through Severus' mind.

________0000___________0000__________0000__________0000__________000_________000___

Poppy was in her office checking over her stock of potions and ointments when she felt the castle shake a little. She looked up at the chandelier over her desk swaying a little. She knew that there were only a few people who's magic could shake the castle like that and Minerva was one of them. She put the parchments down that she was working on and rushed up to her friend's chambers.

The closer she gets to the Minerva's chambers the more destruction she encounters. Poppy looked around. Seeing the damages, she knew that this wasn't Minerva. Whoever did this, it wasn't Minerva.

She made her way to Minerva's chambers and the door was blasted off the hinges. Standing in the middle of the room was a tall man in all black. Slowly she walked in and walked over to the man in black.

“Severus,” Poppy quietly called out so not to startle him. “Severus. It's alright. It's just Poppy.”

Severus stood in the same spot not even acknowledging that someone was talking to him. He was still clutching the parchment in his hand.

“Severus,” slowly, she reached out for his arm. “Severus, come with me.”

Very slowly, Severus looked over at Poppy. Poppy cupped his cheek.

“It's alright,” she soothingly said. “Let just get you to Infirmary, okay?”

Severus blinked, but allowed himself to be lead out of his mother's ruined chambers.

Once Poppy saw Severus, she knew that he almost depleted his magical core with that outburst and she had to get him in the Infirmary and resting before he hurt himself more.

“It's alright, Severus. It will be just fine.”

She continued to talk low and soothingly all the way to the Infirmary. As they walked, she almost dreaded finding out what got the Potions Professor this angry.

TBC


To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3174