Unexpected Truce by mandancie
Summary: Harry finds help in the most unlikely of places. Severus mentors Harry story. It begins the summer after the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Please take the time to read and review. :)
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, McGonagall, Remus, Sirius
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts
Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Evil!Albus
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Out of Character, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 68 Completed: No Word count: 164150 Read: 283289 Published: 01 Feb 2015 Updated: 21 Jun 2017
Chapter 40: New Orders by mandancie
Author's Notes:
I know it has been a long time since I've updated this story, and for that I am sorry. I feel that an explanation is in order. On August 16th, my husband passed away and I just couldn't write on this story at the time. I will promise that I will try not to let four months pass before I update again.

“What are you doing here?” Harry asked.

“I should ask you the same thing,” Hermione said, smiling. “How long have you been here?”

“We got here last night,” Harry said.

“We?”

“Professor Snape, Sirius and me.”

Hermione looked at her friend. There was something different about him.

“You alright, Harry?”

Harry's brow creased. “Yeah, why?”

“You seem different.”

“No,” Harry said, shaking his head. “I'm fine. Come on, let's go eat.”

Harry and Hermione walked into the kitchen. Everyone was there. Molly looked up when she heard the door to the kitchen open.

“Hermione,” Molly said, her voice filled with surprise. “When did you get here?” She asked, wiping her hands on her apron, walking over towards the teens.

“Just a few minutes ago,” Hermione said, hugging the Weasley matriarch.

“We were so worried about you,” Molly said, holding Hermione out at arm's length. Both Harry and Hermione were confused by that statement.

“What do you mean?”

“Hedwig came about fifteen minutes ago with a note from you. Alastor left to go find you.”

“Professor Dumbledore came,” Hermione said, sitting down at the table. She didn't miss the look that was shared with everyone in the room. “What's going on?”

Harry sat down on the small bench next to Hermione. “There's so much to tell you.”

____________00000_____________0000___________0000__________0000____

When Severus apparated away, he decided to change his course at the last second. He knew that with the lack of intensity from the mark, it meant that it wasn't the Dark Lord indicating the call, but someone that was of higher rank, most likely Lucius Malfoy. With that being the case, Severus knew that if they wanted to locate him, they would have to find him. Severus was aware that he needed to occlude. With everything that has happened in the past week, picking up Harry, Minerva's abduction, Poppy's attack, forming an alliance with the wolf and mutt, and the bonding with Harry, he knew before he even went to see anyone he would have to put back on his mask of indifference.

It had been a few days since Severus was here, but he knew that no one knew of his house in Lewisham. He wanted to keep it that way.

Severus walked into the small house and headed straight for his lab. He looked over the one cauldron that had a potion that he was ordered to make for the Dark Lord. The only thing was it took two months to complete, and he wasn't even sure if it would do want the Dark Lord requested.

Making sure that everything was going as it should, Severus put a stasis over the cauldron again and headed back upstairs to his sitting room. Once he sat down, leaning his head on the backrest, Severus began meditating over everything that had happened, but this time he wanted to calm himself and look at everything logically and unbiasedly. The two things that stuck out in his mind were Minerva's abduction and Poppy's attack.

Poppy was attacked, according to her, right after he and Tami left the Infirmary. Why would Albus attack her? To what purpose did it make to maim the medi-witch?

The potions master could not think of a clear reasons as to why Poppy was attacked. But he didn't doubt that whatever the reason was it would soon come to light.

Severus thought about Minerva. He had struggled so much to keep their relationship a secret especially after he turned spy for the Light. In the beginning only a few people knew that Minerva had blood adopted Severus. Poppy, Albus, and Arabella. Poppy knew because she healed him. Arabella knew because she was close friends with Minerva. And Albus knew because he performed the adoption.

Now there were countless people that knew. The question was how many. Minerva's abduction was calculated. Someone else knows how much she means to Severus. He pondered the questions; how many people really knew the true facts regarding Severus and Minerva, and why now?

The mutt speculated earlier that it was because of him. Maybe he was right, for once. Not that Severus would ever admit it to the man, but it seemed like a logical choice. If he really thought about it, the only connection between Poppy and Minerva was him.

There was a knock on the door, bringing Severus out of his thoughts. Already knowing who was at the door, Severus waved his hand, automatically opening the door.

Not even lifting his head from the backrest, Severus said, “What do you want, Malfoy?”

“I figured you would be here, Snape.” Lucius walked into the house and stood in front of Severus.

Severus opened his eyes, lifting his head, he looked up at the man before him.

“To what do I owe the pleasure?” sneered Snape.

“The Dark Lord wishes to see you. I thought that would have been abundantly clear when you felt your mark.”

Severus arched an eyebrow up at the man.

“Well, since the Dark Lord wishes me to brew his potion, I can't very well leave when I have to keep watch over it,” Severus cunningly lied.

“How long will it take for you to get to a point that you can leave?” Lucius sighed, sitting down on the sofa across from Severus.

________0000__________000________0000_________0000________

Ron sat on his bed, sulking. He was angry. How could Harry do that? Harry was his friend, or so he thought.

“Ronald,” Molly yelled from downstairs. “Honey, breakfast is ready.”

Ron sighed. He wanted to yell down that he wasn't hungry, but he knew that would only have his mother come upstairs. What he wanted was to be alone, but he knew that would only happen after breakfast. Begrudgingly, Ron got up and walked downstairs towards the kitchen. Ron could hear talking coming from the kitchen, but he wasn't paying attention to what was being said. The only thing on his mind was Harry and he unprovoked attack. Standing in the doorway, Ron's nonexistent hunger turned to pure rage when he saw Harry sitting at the table.

Not even thinking, Ron rushed inside the kitchen and grabbed Harry from behind and yanked him out of his seat. Surprising everyone in the room, especially Harry, Ron slammed his friend in the door jam of the kitchen.

“How could you?” Ron raged.

Hermione was the first to come out of the surprised stupor and rushed to her friends' side.

“Ron,” Hermione cried, grabbing hold of Ron's arm. “Let him go. What are you doing?”

Ron, not paying attention to her, shook his arm free at the same time slamming Harry into the wall again.
“You...you prick,” Ron seethed. He was so angry he couldn't even form his words.

He felt more hands on him, stronger hands. He tried to shake those hands off of him, but they would not be moved. Two sets of hands were on his wrists trying to pry his hands away from Harry, while strong arms wrapped around his chest and was pulling him away from Harry.

“Ron, calm yourself this instant.”

The words were low and soothing, but very stern. Ron recognized the voice of his dad, but it took a minute for him to register what was being said. After a moment of struggle, Ron's arms fell limply at his sides. He felt himself being moved further and further away from his friend.

The adults in the room was shock to say the least when they saw Ron grab Harry and manhandle him, slamming him into the wall. It took a second to realize what was happening. Sirius and Remus both jumped up at the same time, seconds before Arthur did, and they were at the boys' side. Remus and Sirius both took a hand and pried Ron's hands off of Harry. Once the boys were separated, Sirius took Harry out of the room, followed by Remus and Hermione.

Arthur sat Ron down at the table. Minerva and Molly were still shocked by what they just witnessed.

____0000___0000____00000__0000_________0000_____0000_____

Severus and Lucius walked into Malfoy Manor. They walked into the sitting room, where Voldemort was sitting on the far end chair by the bay window. Severus walked over to him, slightly bowing his head.

“My lord,” Severus said. His tone was cool and formal.

“Severus,” Voldemort said with a smirk. “How nice of you to accept my invitation.”

Severus face was as impassive as ever. He didn't know what he was being called for and from that one statement, he knew this was going to be a long day.

“Now, Severus.” Voldemort stood up and walked closely towards the Potions Master. “How is the potion coming along?”

“It should be ready within the week, my lord,” Severus answered, coolly.

“So things are going as they should?” Voldemort asked.

“Is there something I should know?” Severus asked in return.

“You tell me, Severus. Many things have happened in the past weeks.”

“My lord?”

Severus wasn't about to let loose any information.

“Tell me about Potter,” Voldemort commanded.

“He should be getting waited on hand and foot by his relatives,” Severus snidely remarked.

“What about McGonnagall?”

“What about her?”

“What is she to you?”

“A colleague,” Severus said, slyly. Even though his demeanor was calm, he was anything but underneath. He did not like the questioning he was receiving. The one question kept popping in the back of his mind; who all really knows about his relationship with Minerva?

“And Pomfrey? She just a colleague as well?”

“Yes,” Severus sighed. “May I ask what is the purpose to these questions?”

“Well,” Voldemort sat back down in the chair. “I just had a very interesting conversation while I was waiting for you. You may go, Lucius.”

Lucius looked surprised at his dismissal, but didn't say anything. He turned and left the room. The Dark Lord waved his hand and cast a silencing charm and lock on the door after Malfoy left.

“I've learn some very, very interesting things. Let's start with Professor Minerva McGonnagall,” Voldemort enunciated her name slowly. “I hear that she had come to actually have a family.”

Severus said nothing.

“Nothing to say. Then I shall continue. I hear that she, as well as the matron of Hogwarts, took in a certain boy under their wing. Now, Severus, you will tell me everything I need to know about your mother and Poppy Pomfrey.”

“There is nothing to tell,” Severus said, his face showing no betraying emotions. “I severed ties with them when I took the Dark Mark. They are nothing but colleagues to me.”

“I see,” Voldemort nodded. “Well then I don't suspect that you would mind doing something more for me then.”

“Whatever you wish, my lord.”

“Kill them.”

TBC

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3174