Unexpected Truce by mandancie
Summary: Harry finds help in the most unlikely of places. Severus mentors Harry story. It begins the summer after the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Please take the time to read and review. :)
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, McGonagall, Remus, Sirius
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts
Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Evil!Albus
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Out of Character, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 68 Completed: No Word count: 164150 Read: 283293 Published: 01 Feb 2015 Updated: 21 Jun 2017
Chapter 58: Abuse of Power by mandancie

Sirius sat in the chair Severus was just in, looking at the boy laying on the sofa.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Sirius asked again.

Harry nodded.

Sirius wanted so much to hold the child in his arms, feel for himself that Harry was indeed okay, but he wasn't sure it would be welcomed. Harry had Severus now. Why would he want him?

Harry looked up at his godfather. He could see the sadness in his eyes. He knew he was the reason behind that sadness. Just like his da. His da was sad because of him.

"Sirius," Harry called out, bringing his godfather out of his thoughts.

Sirius looked over at the child.

"I really am okay. It's really nothing to …"

"Don't you dare tell me that there is nothing to worry about," Sirius said. His tone coming out harsh. "I saw your hand and arm."

Harry's mouth closed in a quick snap at the rebuke. He could feel his throat burn with tears, but he did not want to shed anymore. He'd shed enough. He turned his head looking at the ceiling.

"No," Sirius said, getting up from the chair and going to the sofa. Knowing that Harry's bandage arm was on the edge of the sofa, Sirius knelt down by the sofa, much like he did when Severus put Harry down after he found him. He grabbed Harry's chin and gently but firmly made Harry turn and look at him.

"Harry you must understand something," Sirius' voice was low and soothing. Harry could feel the tears pooling in his eyes. "You should not have to had gone through that. Do you know that Severus and I are here for you? If someone is hurting you, we want to know about it. No one is allowed to hurt you, Harry."

The first tear escaped Harry's eyes and streamed down to the sofa cushion.

"I'm sorry, Sirius," Harry gasped out.

"I don't want to hear that you are sorry," Sirius said, with a small smile on his lips. "I want you to understand that you are no longer alone. That you do not have to go through this alone. Severus, Remus, Minerva, myself, we are all here for you. And if someone is threatening, hurting or abusing you, you need to tell us so that we can stop it from continuing. I love you, pup, and I don't want to see you hurt like this."

Harry reached out, wrapping his arms around his godfather's neck, as the tears flowed from his eyes. Harry knew that he had the support of Sirius and Remus and even his da, but never understood truly what that meant.

Sirius wrapped his arms around Harry after the first few seconds of initial shock that Harry gripped him so tightly. Sirius let out a sigh when he finally had his arms around his godson and could feel his breath on his neck and his heartbeat through his chest. He got up and sat on the sofa pulling Harry on his lap.

_000_000_0000_0000

Everyone was sitting in silence for a moment. Albus was sitting behind his desk, his eyes twinkling. Everyone else was sitting next to each other on the other side of the massive desk.

Cornelius, growing impatient, spoke up after a moment of silence.

"My time is very valuable," he grumbled. "What is this about, Albus?"

"Well," Albus smiled. "This is about something that has been brought to my attention."

"And that being?" Cornelius sneered, impatiently.

"Madam Umbridge," Albus said, his smile leaving his face.

Cornelius smirked as he believed all was well with everything his Undersecretary was doing to keep the peace.

Severus looked over at the Minister and felt a rage in him that wanted to wipe that smirk off of his face. The Potion Master happened to glance at Arthur and it looked like he too was trying to keep his wand away.

"Are you worried?" Cornelius said in a smug tone. "Worried at what she would find? I'm sure that her report will show the truth of what actually goes on here at this school under your reign."

Albus tilted his head as his eyes narrowed at the Minister.

"She left," Minerva said, speaking for the first time.

"I beg your pardon," Cornelius said, looking over at the witch next to him.

"She left," Minerva said again. "She's no longer here."

"That's impossible," Cornelius said. "I just spoken to her yesterday. She assured me all was well."

"Really," Albus said. "Then would you care to elaborate on who gave that woman the authority to abuse my students?"

"I have no knowledge of abuse, Albus," Cornelius said. "Who was being abused?"

"Harry Potter," Albus replied.

"Well, now," Cornelius said, smugly. "We all know how much that boy exaggerates. He's just trying to gain attention."

Severus did well keeping his true frustration off of his face. But when the Minister spoke about his boy, the anger and rage he was feeling a moment ago seemed to triple in size. He would have hexed the Minister if not for the quick thinking of Derek and Minerva both gripping his arm, keeping him seated in his chair. The action didn't go unnoticed by Albus and Arthur as well. Cornelius was the only one who was oblivious to what was about to happen to him.

"Professor Umbridge," Cornelius continued, putting effort behind the word Professor, "has my full support. This right here goes to show that you all coddle that boy. Harry Potter thinks that he runs things around here. He will soon learn that I am the Minister and I make the laws."

"Are you telling me that you approve the use of a Blood Quill on my son?"

Cornelius was shocked when Arthur Weasley spoke up. His face was puzzled.

"Forgive me, I thought we were talking about Potter."

"Harry wasn't the only one that was subjected to Madam Umbridge's abuse," Albus stated, his eyes twinkling as he got Cornelius right where he wanted.

"You dare approve the use of an illegal artifact to be used inside of a school?" Arthur growled.

Cornelius gulped, audibly. He had never seen Arthur Weasley this angry before. The man was known for his sweet temperament, cool and collected. Never once hearing a bad word said against the man. Yes, Cornelius knew that the man was not wealthy and also had a large family. But his protectiveness over his family was never a question. He did not want it getting out that one of his staff members was abusing children, and he felt himself lucky that Mrs. Weasley was not present. For he knew that though Arthur was protective of his children, Molly Weasley was a force to be reckoned with. And the last thing he wanted was it getting out that a Blood Quill was used on a family member like the Weasleys.

_000_000_000_000

Luna walked around the grounds, her hand still aching. It had been weeks since her detention with Professor Umbridge and she knew that the other Professors were asking if anyone else had detention, but she was too embarrassed to admit to it. Even though she knew that the Waxspurts were the reasoning behind the scratches on her hand, she did not want to get picked on for being the only Ravenclaw to receive detention from the Professor.

Heading back towards the castle, Luna decided to go to the Infirmary. She figured this way, no one would know that she had detention and she could get some help for her hand.

Luna walked into the Infirmary and saw the Weasley twins at the far corner. Actually only one twin was in the bed. The other was sitting by the bed. She saw Ron laying on the bed as well. She tilted her head at what she was looking at. A small smile graced her lips as she looked at the three brothers.

"Is everything alright, sweetie?" Molly asked, coming out of Healer Williams' office.

Luna turned and faced the voice behind her. She opened her mouth to reply but her voice seemed to not want to work.

"Luna," Ron called out. He was walking towards her and his mother. It was the first time he stepped away from the twins.

Luna turned back and looked at Ron.

"Luna, are you okay?"

Molly watched the young child that looked no older than her youngest girl. She saw the tension in the girl when she walked up behind her. She tried to keep her voice low and soothing so not to frighten the girl but seeing her tense more and not be able to answer her question, Molly knew she didn't accomplish that task. When Ron walked up, calling her name, she saw the tension leave the girl's shoulders.

"What are you doing here, Luna?"

"You have dragon-pixies all around you," Luna said in a dreamy voice. Her head tilted to the side as she looked at Ron and then glanced over at the twins. "So does your brothers."

Ron, long since used to the things that Luna said, didn't pay much attention to it.

"Luna, why are you here?" Ron asked again.

"The waxspurts were hurting my hand again," Luna said, lifting up her hand.

Ron quickly grabbed her hand and looked at the words that were etched on it.

Molly watched the interaction between Ron and Luna and noticed that this was the first time since she came here that Ron was away from the twins. Molly looked at her twins over by the bed and back to her youngest son. Ever since Ronald got his admittance letter from Hogwarts, he had been extremely close to the twins. It puzzled her when Fred had burned his hand with one of their fireworks and he came barreling out of the house. And now when she came to the Infirmary, Ron was on the bed with George. Seeing Ron grab Luna's hand brought Molly out of her musing. She walked over to the children and retrieved the girl's hand from her son's grip.

Looking at the words that was etched in the girl's small hand, Molly asked, "Did you have detention with Professor Umbridge?"

"I …,"

"Do not lie to me, child," Molly lightly rebuked.

Luna nodded. It had been a long time since she heard a motherly tone. She never thought she would hear it again after her mother's death. Tears nearly choked her to were the only thing she could do was nod her head.

"Ron, take Luna over to one of the beds," Molly ordered. "I'm going to get Healer Williams back here."

She left towards the office once again. Throwing some floo powder, in the fireplace she called out Headmaster's office.

_0000_0000_0000_0000

There was a tense silence in the Headmaster's office when the floo flared green.

"Headmaster Dumbledore," Molly's voice came through the green flames. "Is Healer Williams still with you?"

All were surprised at Molly's voice coming through the flames. Derek stood up and walked over to the flames.

"I'm here, Molly," Derek said, kneeling on the floor.

"Come through," Molly said. "Another student has come with scaring on her hand."

Derek turned back and his and Severus' gaze met. Minerva gave a small gasp at the knowledge of another student being subjected to a detention with that Toad. Her gaze turned deadly as she looked at the Minister sitting next to her.

"Are you going to sit there and tell me that this child is also making this up?" Minerva all but growled out. "How dare you condone this?"

"Severus, come," Derek said, standing up and reaching for some more floo powder to put in the flames. "I'm going to need that salve."

Severus stood up and took a step away, but stopped and looked back at his adoptive mother.

Minerva, seeing the reservation in her son's eyes, spoke up. "Arthur will escort me back to the Infirmary when we are finished here."

Arthur nodded to the statement.

Severus and Derek disappeared in the flames, coming out in Derek's office in the Infirmary. Severus didn't need to go to his lab as he already had some of the salve in his robe pocket. Stepping out into the Infirmary, Derek and Severus saw Molly fussing over Luna Lovegood. The youngest Mr. Weasley was sitting in the chair next to Luna's bed that was next to George Weasley's bed.

_0000_0000_0000_0000

Knowing now that it wasn't just Harry Potter that was subjected to the Blood Quill but at least two other students, one of them being a Weasley, Cornelius knew that he would have to contain this. He couldn't afford for this to get out. His career would be ruined if it would to get out that his Undersecretary abused her authority as well as children.

"Do you really want a backlash to come about because of this?" Albus asked.

"What do you want from me?" Cornelius sighed, knowing his best bet was to conform to what Albus wanted.

Albus' eyes twinkled, madly. Minerva and Arthur knew that whatever Albus wanted was not going to be good for the Minister. Minerva tried to hide her smirk at the uneasiness of the Minister sitting next to her.

TBC

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3174