Chills part III: When we all sing Amen. by Henna Hypsch
Summary: Entry for the Winter Fic Fest as part of the series "Chills". It is time for the final battle!
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 7th Year
Warnings: None
Prompts: When We All Sing Amen, One Shot Season
Challenges: When We All Sing Amen, One Shot Season
Series: Chills
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 5722 Read: 10701 Published: 02 Feb 2015 Updated: 02 Feb 2015
Chapter 1 by Henna Hypsch

Severus Snape Apparated as far up the path leading from Hogsmeade to Hogwarts that he could possibly chance without crashing into the non-Apparition wards. In his arms he carried the life-less body of a small Muggle-clad boy, maybe six or seven years old. He swore to himself over the steep rise of the path and shot a glance over his shoulder as he ran the remaining distance up to the gates. Breathlessly he mumbled a pass word and the gates swung open. Rushing inside, Snape turned quickly and waved his wand in his right hand, wedged under the hollow of the child’s knees, which made the movement difficult and he had to repeat it for effect before the gates finally shut. It was in the nick of time, because at the other side, another wizard had appeared on the path, wand brandished, teeth bared. 

 

”Lucius,” panted Snape, clutching the child’s body closer to his chest.

 

”What do you think you’re doing, Severus? I saw you by the church. You should not have been there. And why are you dressed like… that?” Lucius Malfoy gestured with disgust at Snape’s Muggle attire. As Lucius spoke, Snape tried to get a better hold of the limp body of the child.

 

”Don’t tell him, Lucius. Don’t bring Voldemort to Hogwarts. Your son is here. You don’t want a battle on this ground,” launched Snape as he turned around and started to run towards the castle.

 

”Stop, you traitor, and explain to me what’s going on!” shouted Malfoy. ”Who’s that boy?”

 

Snape ran, heedless of Lucius Malfoy’s verbal curses, towards the castle that was no more than a giant black shadow against the bright midday sun light. He had thought earlier that he perceived a faint heartbeat under the child’s sweatshirt, but he was no longer sure he could feel it.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3175