A True Family by mandancie
Summary: This story is adopted and given permission from Severus Addicted. Albus has kept a secret about two people for eleven years. The time has come for when the truth should be announced. Can Severus be a father? Severitus. Warnings: small mention of abuse/foul language/corporal punishment. No slash. Be kind, leave a review. No flamers please.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, McGonagall
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Loving, Out of Character Snape
Genres: Family, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 2nd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Out of Character, Profanity
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: No Word count: 50555 Read: 68895 Published: 14 Feb 2015 Updated: 04 Jul 2020
Chapter 4: Malfoy Problem by mandancie

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

A special thanks to The Lonely God With a Box for beta'ing my story.

I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

Chapter 4: Malfoy Problem

Harry woke up in a strange room. The last thing he remembered was coming to his dad's chambers last night. His ears began to burn with embarrassment when he remembered how he acted from receiving those few smacks. It was nothing like what he got from his relatives, but still he cried like a baby in his father's arms. Even through his embarrassment, a small smile graced his lips when he thought back on what his dad said. 'I will never send you back. You are my son. And you will stay with me.'

Harry sat up in the bed, reaching for his glasses that laid on the nightstand next to the bed, and looked around the room. He got up and found his shoes that were at the foot of the bed. Putting them on, Harry slowly walked over of the door. Placing his ear at the door, he wanted to know if his dad was up. The last thing he wanted was to get in trouble for wandering around. Not hearing anything, Harry opened his door and walked out of the room. Stepping out into the hallway, Harry could hear hushed voices in the other room. Not knowing who was talking, Harry took a deep breath and slowly made the trek down the hallway towards the sitting room. When he got to the doorway, he did not like what he saw. His heart began to race as he looked at who were sitting on the couch and chair.

“Potter!”

The two blonde headed figures, one older than the other, looked at Harry standing in the doorway. The older of the two stood up.

“Well,” Lucius sneered. “Potter, you say, son?”

“Yes, father,” Draco beamed at his father.

Lucius walked over to Harry. “What are you doing here, Potter?”

“I-I need to find the Professor,” Harry said, trying to steady his breathing. Draco was not a problem for Harry, but Harry did not like the older blonde. It was something about Lucius that didn't sit well with Harry. He began sidestepping towards the door as Lucius closed in on him. Before Lucius could even get any closer towards Harry, Harry rushed out of the door and down the corridor.

Severus was in his labs gathering several potions that Lucius would require for his assignment when he felt the warding from his chambers going off that someone either left or came in. Stepping out of his personal labs, Severus noticed that the door to Harry's room was opened. Shaking his head at his miscalculations of how long he would be gathering the potions and Harry waking up, Severus did not want Harry to be alone when he saw who he was entertaining. Stepping into the sitting room, Severus walked over to Lucius.

“Here,” Severus handed the phials over. “These should help you and Narcissa.”

“Thank you, my friend,” Lucius pocketed the phials. “I need another favor from you, Severus.”

“Anything,” Severus said.

“Watch Dragon today,” Lucius said. “I don't want him anywhere near the Manor today.”

“Sure,” Severus nodded then faced his godson. “Draco, why don't you go to the Great Hall and get some breakfast?”

Draco, not liking that he was being dismissed without his father bringing up Potter and why he was there, sulked on the couch.

“Dragon,” Severus' tone became sterner. “I will not ask you again.”

With an exacerbated sigh, Draco got up from the couch and headed towards the door. One more glance at his father and godfather, Draco tuned and left the chambers.

Potter will pay for this, Draco fumed as he walked up to the Great Hall. Why does that Scar-head always have to be catered to? It's Summer hols. It should be Potter free, Draco thought as he walked towards the Great Hall.

“So,” Lucius said with a smirk. “Is there something you want to tell me?” Lucius sat back down in the chair he previously was occupying.

Severus smirked at his friend as he sat down on the couch.

_______0000_________0000_________0000_________0000_________0000________0000_____000

Harry walked up the stairs heading towards the Great Hall. Once he got inside, he saw his grandmother sitting at the table. Harry couldn't help the smile on his face when she saw him walking through the door and winked at him. As he walked towards the table, he saw that she was making a place next to her for him to sit. Harry walked a little faster to sit down next to his now grandmother.

“Good Morning, Harry,” Albus greeted.

“Morning, Headmaster,” Harry said, sitting down next to Minerva.

“How did you sleep?” Minerva asked as she spooned eggs on Harry's plate.

“It was good,” Harry said, reaching for a piece of toast to butter it.

Everyone was in their own little conversations when the doors to the Great Hall opened. Harry, thinking his dad was coming up, let his face fell when he saw Draco walking in the Hall. It was one thing to have to deal with the ferret when he was in school, but it was something totally different when it was during the summer. But the last thing he wanted to happen was that he get in trouble with his dad. As Draco walked towards the only table in the Hall, Harry got it in his head that he would stay clear away from Draco so that he would not get in trouble.

Can't get in trouble if they weren't together, Harry thought as he ate the last of his toast.

“Well isn't this a wonderful surprise?” Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eyes. “Come eat, Mr. Malfoy.”

Knowing his manners even though he didn't want to be there, Draco looked at the Headmaster and the other Professors. “Good Morning.”

“Come sit,” Dumbledore held out his hand to the empty chair across from him.

Harry tried his best to keep his gaze on his plate. It wouldn't do good if he and Malfoy began fighting in front of all the Professors.

“Harry,” Albus bringing Harry out of his musing. “Why don't you and Draco walk the grounds after breakfast?”

Well, staying away from Malfoy just went out the window, Harry thought. “Yes, sir.”

After breakfast the two teens headed out to the grounds. Neither really wanted to be in the company of the other, but they figured they should just make the best of it.

“Anything you want to do?” Harry asked.

“Not with you,” Draco bit back.

Harry gritted his teeth to keep from responding. The last thing Harry wanted was to get in trouble. His dad said he would never take him back to his relatives, but that didn't mean he wanted to test that theory. With a big sigh, Harry looked around. He saw something that put a smile on his face. He figured even the ferret couldn't pass up a chance at this. Quidditch.

“You want to chase around the snitch?” Harry asked, not even looking at Draco.

Draco followed Harry's gaze and saw the Quidditch field. A small smile graced Draco's face for just a moment.

“Sure,” Draco said. “But we'll use the brooms in the Slytherin's locker room. I don't trust you.”

Harry sighed, shrugged his shoulders, then followed Draco towards the Slytherin's locker room. They walked in silence the rest of the way there. When they got to the locker room, Draco went into the broom cupboard and pulled out a broom and walked passed Harry. Harry again shrugged his shoulders and went and got a broom for himself. He then walked over to the Gryffindor's locker room and got the snitch from the gaming chest. After a few minutes both boys were in the air.

For a short time, the two teens were in the air both of them actually having fun. Neither acted on their hatred for the other. Once one caught the snitch they would let it go and start all over. Things was actually going wonderfully when the make-shift game came to a tie.

Draco holding the snitch in his hand. “Alright, Scar-head, this will be the winning play.”

“What are you talking about?” Harry asked.

“We're tied in the score,” Draco began, smugly. “So who ever catches the snitch will win.”

“Fine,” Harry sighed. “Be prepared to lose, Malfoy.”

“Not on your life, Potter.”

With that said, both teens took off after the snitch. Both flying almost neck and neck with each other. But Harry being more of a natural on a broom, not to mention him practicing with a snitch during team practices and games, Harry was just a little better.

Within moments, Harry was gripping the snitch around his small hand screaming and whooping in glee. He won. With a huge grin on his face, Harry turned and looked at the blonde boy flying up next to him.

“You cheated!”

“Did not.”

Draco quickly descended to the ground and got off his broom, heading back towards the Slytherin locker room. Harry looked after the blonde boy and the followed Draco down to the ground.

Once Harry made his way back to the Slytherin's Locker room, Draco was just leaving bumping his shoulder against Harry's chest.

Harry, rubbing his chest where Draco hit him, walked into the cupboard to put his broom back. While leaning it against the far wall like he found it, he heard the door close and latch. Rushing towards the door, Harry started banging on the door.

“Malfoy! Malfoy! Help! Somebody get me out of here!” Harry yelled, banging his heart out on the door. Putting his ear to the door, Harry listened for any signs of life on the other side. While trying to stay quiet to hear, the only thing that Harry could hear was his body making that noise again. Tears began to burn the back of his throat because he remembered that his dad said that that was the sounds of his body telling him that he was hungry and it was time to eat.

Harry knew it had been a couple of hours since he eaten breakfast, and now realizing that he was hungry that meant that they were flying all morning. Another scary thought entered Harry mind. He could hear his father's voice just a clear in his mind; If I have to find you, like I did today, not only will you be escorted to the Great Hall, but you will receive five smacks for your disobedience. Harry remembered the spanking he received just yesterday and even though it only hurt for a short while it was something that he didn't want to have to endure so soon after.

Another more scarier thought entered Harry's mind; what if his dad finally saw what a burden he truly was?

“Dad!” Harry yelled with more enthusiasm. “Please, Dad! Help me. Don't send me away.”

Sobs could be heard on the other side of the door. Sobs of a brokenhearted boy.

______0000__________0000_________0000___________0000_______0000_______0000_________

Draco walked into the castle with a smug look on his face. Heading towards the Great Hall for lunch, knowing he would not be seeing that Potter brat while he ate, put a smile on his face and a spring in his step. He practically skipping into the Great Hall. He noticed all the Professors were in attendance for lunch. Seeing his godfather talking with his dad was surprising. He thought his dad would already be gone.

Remembering his manners, Draco calmed down and sat down quietly at the end of the table. He began filling his plate.

Severus looked up when he heard the doors to the Hall open. Seeing his godson walking inside with a smile on his face sent a small glint of pride in him. He was always proud of his godson and loved to see the child smile. The warm feeling quickly changed when he noticed that Draco was alone. Albus told him, when he reached the Great Hall for breakfast, that Harry and Draco left together to walk the grounds. Where was Harry?

“Dragon,” Severus called to his godson. “Where's Harry?”

Draco looked up at his godfather, shrugged his shoulders. “I left the Quidditch pitch before him. I don't know.”

Severus' eyes narrowed. “Did he say where he was going afterward?”

Draco shook his head as he took a bit from his lunch. “Maybe he went to see his bird. He's always in the Owlery with his friends,” he sneered the last part of that statement.

Severus remembered the first night that Harry was in fact with his owl when they were searching for him. Severus excused himself from the table and left the Great Hall. Draco watched with a small hint of dread for he knew that Harry wasn't in the Owlery, but after thinking about it, maybe Harry would get in trouble even more. A small smirk graced the teen's mouth as he continued to eat his lunch.

Just as Severus was walking towards the door, a snowy white owl came flying into the room. Severus, as well as the other Professors, recognized the owl as to being Harry's. Panic and anger began to fill Severus chest. The Potion master watched as the owl landed next to his mother. Minerva and Severus exchanged glances as he rushed back towards the table.

When Severus got to the table, Minerva looked at her son.

“I got Harry a surprise,” Minerva looked puzzled as did everyone else. If Hedwig was here, then where was Harry?

Severus quickly turned to his godson.

“Where is my son?” Severus voice laced with anger.

“Son?” Draco's surprise was apparent on his face.

Severus' patience was thinning at the lack of his godson's answering him. Severus towered over his godson. “Where is he?”

Fear in his eyes at the anger that was coming from his godfather, Draco gulped. “I-I left him at the Qu-quidditch pit.”

Severus, not seeing any deception in his godson's words, rushed out of the Great Hall, not hearing his mother call out his name. There was only one thing on Severus' mind; finding his son.

___0000________0000________000_______0000____________0000__________0000_______0000_

Harry's pleas, though softer, didn't stop. His chest hurt. Not from the hit that Draco gave him, but from the fact that he would lose his dad and grandmother. He just got them and the last thing he wanted was to lose them. He loved them. They had done more for him than his relatives ever did. Thinking back on the past school year, yeah, his Potions Professor was mean, but he did save his life, twice. Professor McGonagall was always nice to him. Yeah, when he got in trouble she was just as mean, if not scarier, than his Potions professor, but she never hurt him.

“Dad,” Harry sobbed as he lowered himself down to the floor by the door. Pulling his knees up to his chest and wrapping his arms around them, he began to cry in his arms. “Please don't send me away.”

_________0000___________0000___________0000_________00000___________0000______00___

Severus ran down to the Quidditch field and looked around. There was no sign that anyone was around. As he started to walk around the field, he noticed that the snitch was still flying around. Pulling out his wand, Severus steered the snitch towards his hands. Once he got the tiny ball in his hand, he switched it off and placed it in his pocket. Walking around again, Severus decided to check the locker rooms. He started in the Gryffindor's, when he found no signs of his son, he checked Slytherin's.

When he walked inside the locker room, just like Gryffindor's, there was nothing out of place. Sighing, Severus turned to leave when he faintly heard something. Bringing out his wand and casting sonitus amplificarum charm, Severus could hear the heartbroken sobs of his son. Quickly canceling the charm, he called out.

“Harry.”

Severus rushed over towards the cupboard. When trying to open the door, he noticed that the door was magically locked. Once again, bringing out his wand, casting an unlocking charm, Severus opened the door. What he saw completely broke his heart. Sitting on the floor was his son curled up in a small ball.

“Harry,” Severus' voice was low and soothing. “Harry, it's me.”

Severus knelt down next to his son. Putting his hand on Harry's shoulder, he wasn't prepared for what happened next.

Harry looked up as soon as he felt a hand on his shoulder. When he saw his dad kneeling next to him, just as quickly as he could, he launched himself onto Severus.

Not prepared to have a small child collide with him, Severus fell onto the floor. Harry wrapped his arms around his dad's neck and cried in his shoulder. Pulling his son closer towards his chest and wrapping his arms around Harry, he never again wanted to know the feelings that he experienced when he didn't know where Harry was. He was never as scared as he just was. Now having his son in his arms, he knew he would never let his son go again.

“It's alright, Harry,” Severus soothed out rubbing calming circles on his son's back. “I'm here now. You're fine. You're safe.”

Shaking from his sobbing, Harry shook his head in his father's neck. Severus could feel his son saying something, but he couldn't understand him from his crying and that he face was against his neck.

“Calm down, son,” Severus tried to soothe his son.

Severus put his hands on either side of Harry so that he could pull him away from his neck so that he could understand what Harry was trying to say. As he tried to remove the child, his grip tightened around his neck.

“I'm sorry, dad,” turning his head away from his dad's neck, but not letting go. “Please don't send me away. It wasn't my fault. I won't be a burden any more. I'll come and eat. I promise. Just don't send me back. I was trying to get out of here, but the door was locked and I couldn't leave. I don't want another spanking, but don't send me away. I'm sorry. I can do better. I won't fall asleep. I won't play Quidditch. I'll be good. Please don't send me back to them.”

Harry turned his head back into his father's neck and his sobbing was back in full force again. Severus was completely dumbstruck by what he just heard just held his son. It was never in his thoughts to send Harry back. But the one thing that confused him more than anything was his confession of falling asleep.

Severus, realizing that Harry wasn't letting him go, awkwardly got up from the floor. Once he was standing with his son against his chest, Harry wrapped his legs around Severus' waist. Severus, still rubbing his son's back and saying soothing words in his ear, began the trek back up to the castle. By the time he got to the castle, Harry was asleep in his arms. He was met by Minerva, Lucius and a teary eyed Draco.

“How is he?” Minerva asked, placing her hand on her grandson's back.

“He's asleep, now,” Severus whispered.

He looked over at his friend and his godson. By the looks of Draco's face, Severus knew that he just received a spanking from his father. Raising an eyebrow at his godson, Draco knew the unasked question.

“I locked Harry in the cupboard.” Draco's voice was thick with tears.

“Since you have to stay at the castle tonight,” Severus began, “you will stay with Professor McGonagall.”

Draco was about to protest, but quickly changed his tune at the look he was receiving from his godfather.

“Now, I think you need to go to the library and stay there until either I or Professor McGonagall comes for you.”

Draco's shoulders sagged. “Yes sir.” Draco turned and headed up the stairs leaving the adults alone.

“I'm sorry about this, Severus,” Lucius sighed.

“Don't,” Severus stopped his friend. “You have other things that you have to take care of. I want you to have your mind on your task. I'll take care of Dragon.”

Lucius nodded, patted Severus on the shoulder, nodded towards Minerva, then turned and left out of the castle. Severus and Minerva watched Lucius leave. Once he was out of sight, Severus looked at his mother.

“We need to talk,” Severus turned and headed towards the dungeons. The boy in his arms never stirred. Minerva followed Severus towards his chambers.

TBC

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3188