A True Family by mandancie
Summary: This story is adopted and given permission from Severus Addicted. Albus has kept a secret about two people for eleven years. The time has come for when the truth should be announced. Can Severus be a father? Severitus. Warnings: small mention of abuse/foul language/corporal punishment. No slash. Be kind, leave a review. No flamers please.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, McGonagall
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Loving, Out of Character Snape
Genres: Family, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 2nd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Out of Character, Profanity
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: No Word count: 50555 Read: 68911 Published: 14 Feb 2015 Updated: 04 Jul 2020
Chapter 6: Dinner at Hogsmead by mandancie
Author's Notes:
I would like to thank everyone for the condolences and prayers during this time in my life. I appreciate your patience in regards to my updating. Thank you so much!!

Chapter 6: Dinner at Hogsmead

Albus stepped through the Floo. He was surprised when he saw his 'grandson' laying on the couch, sleeping, with his head on Minerva's lap. Minerva, watching her love walk through the Floo, gave a sad smile when he noticed who else was in the room.

“What happened?” Albus asked, walking over towards the pair on the couch leaning over to kiss her before sitting in the matching chair next to them.

“Seems that we're dealing with a little green monster. Dragon wants his Godfather all to himself. He doesn't like the fact that Harry's here.”

Albus looked down at the sleeping child.

“What did he do?”

“He locked Harry in the Slytherin's Quidditch supply cupboard, causing Harry to miss lunch.”

“Oh, Draco,” Albus sighed.

“Lucius spanked him before he left, but I think it was Severus' reaction that hurt Dragon more than the few smacks that Lucius gave him.”

“Where are Severus and Harry?”

“In his chambers,” Minerva said. “But I don't think we should expect them to be at supper.”

“Why?”

“Poor, Severus,” Minerva shook her head at the memory. “He believes he punished Harry unjustly.” Albus looked confused at that admission, so Minerva began the tale of what happened between last night after they left his office and this afternoon.

“So, I suggested that he takes Harry out to Hogsmead for supper. After everything you've told me about what those relatives did to Harry, he needs a little reassuring that Severus will not send him back.”

Albus could not believe what he just heard. Draco began to wake up. He saw that he was laying on Minerva's lap and that they were not alone and he began to get embarrassed. Trying to rush and sit up, Draco was met with a hand on his shoulder keeping him laying down on Minerva's lap.

“Are you feeling better, Dragon?” Minerva soothingly asked.

“Yes, ma'am,” Draco's voice was stiff. Minerva could hear the embarrassment in the child voice. She couldn't help the small smile that graced her lips. She schooled her features as she removed her hand and allowed Draco to sit up. She didn't want the child to think that she was laughing at him. Albus had no such qualms. His eyes were twinkling madly as he saw the slight pink hue creep up Draco's face.

“Have a nice rest, Draco?” Albus asked.

“Yes, sir.”

Albus lifted his eyebrow at the title Draco used. Albus knew that during school time, he would have to keep under the title of Headmaster, but during Summer holidays he was no longer Headmaster, but Grandpa Albus.

“Sir?”

Draco put his head down. He knew why Albus questioned what he called him, but his embarrassment for having the man see him sleeping on his Auntie Minnie's lap was just too much. Not to mention the knowledge that his attitude towards her and Uncle Severus was certainly under discussion just moments before waking. .

“Come here, Draco.” Albus' voice was not the sweet Grandfatherly tone, but that of Headmaster.

Draco couldn't help the despair in his heart when Albus didn't call him 'Dragon.' The child stood up and walked over to Albus, a lump forming in the back of Draco's throat. Draco tried to swallow it back down, as he knew he had cried enough for today and didn't want to shed anymore tears, especially in front of Albus.

Draco stood in front of Albus and the older man pulled Draco closer so that he was standing between his knees.

“Now, Draco,” Albus said, not missing the small gasp that came from the child when he called him by his name. “You want to tell me why?”
“Sir?” Confusion laced in Draco's shaky voice.

“During the summer months you usually call me Grandpa. Why has it changed now?”

The lump in Draco's throat seemed to double in size. In the few short hours it seemed that everyone was angry with him. He felt that because of Potter, he had lost his godfather. His dad was angry and spanked him before he left. Auntie Minnie smacked him. The last thing he really wanted was to be shunned away from Grandpa, but it looked like that didn't work either.

“Dragon.”

Albus calling Draco by his nickname broke the floodgates to Draco's tears and he collapsed into Albus' arms.

“Now, now, Dragon,” Albus soothed. “There is no reason for all these tears. You know that I, your Auntie Minnie, your Uncle Severus, we all love you.”

“Potter's taking you all away from me,” Draco mumbled in Albus' shoulder. “Just like during school, it's always all about Potter.”

Albus just tightened his hold around the small child in his arms.

________00000____________00000__________0000_________0000________0000_________000__

Harry, still sitting on his father's lap, was soaking up as much love as he could. But reality had a way of showing itself. The child's stomach made itself known by protesting the fact that he still hadn't eaten lunch. Severus smirked as he patted his son on the bum.

“Alright, Harry, get up.”

Harry, knowing he needed to eat, didn't want to get up. He snuggled down more into his father and gripped his robes tighter.

“Harry,” Severus said, rubbing his back. “You need to eat. Get up.”

Harry sighed as he got up from his father's lap. Severus stood up and walked over to the fireplace.

“Come, Harry,” beckoned Severus, holding out his hand.

“Where are we going?”

“To the Gryffindor Common Room. I want you to get a light jacket. We're going to leave the castle.”

“Where are you taking me? I promise I'll be good.” Harry backed away from Severus. Panic laced the child's voice.

Severus closed his eyes and shook his head at the choice of words that he used. He knew he had to quickly calm his son.

“We are going to Hogsmead for supper. You and me. Together.”

A huge smile spread across Harry's face. “Really?” Severus nodded. “Cool!”

Harry rushed to his father's side and within an instant they were both gone from the chambers. They stepped through the hearth in the Gryffindor Common Room and Harry ran upstairs to his dorm to grab his jacket. He was so excited that they were going to leave the castle. He'd never been anywhere outside the castle grounds and was eager to go. As he was getting his jacket, there was one small thing that was bothering him and he was a little worried about bringing it up. How did he get locked in the storage cupboard?

Grabbing his jacket and rushing down the stairs, Harry almost ran into Severus, who was standing at the base of the stairs. In his rush to stop so he didn't hit his father, he tripped over his feet and began to fall down the last four steps. Severus, seeing the fall happening, caught his son under his arms before he landed face first on the floor.

“That's why we walk down the stairs,” Severus chided.

Harry sheepishly smiled at his dad.

“Why are we going?” Harry asked.

“Your grandmother suggested that we have supper in Hogsmead. So we are going to a place called The Three Broomsticks.”

The two wizards walked out of the castle and headed down the pathway that led to Hogsmead. While on their trek, Severus noticed the boy's clothes. His jacket was threadbare, if Severus was feeling generous in his description. Not something that could hold out the slight chill in the air that usually happened at twilight. Thinking back, Severus realized that Harry's clothes were sub-par at best. Something that he would remedy before the holiday break was over. The two walked side by side until they got to Hogsmead, then Harry began running towards each shop to look into the windows. Severus couldn't help his heart warming at the sight of his son taking in all the sights of the small town. Another thing that Severus vowed was to make sure that he would take his son on as many trips and outings as he could, so that Harry could see the world.

Once they got to the Three Broomsticks, they were greeted by Madam Rosemeretta and took a seat in the back corner of the restaurant. After ordering their food, they sat in silence. They were both sitting at the table enjoying the comfortable silence of each others company. Harry looked at his father and took a deep breath. That one question was still bothering him, so he decided he would just ask.

“Dad.”

“Hmm?”

“Do you know why the door locked on me in the storage cupboard?”

Severus looked at his son and could tell that it was really bothering him.

“I believe that you should talk with Draco about that.”

“Malfoy? Why?” Harry questioned. “Are you saying that he's the reason?” Anger began to boil in Harry. Draco was the reason he tried to get him in trouble with his father. He was the reason. Malfoy always messes with everything. Draco Malfoy always tried to get Harry and his friends in trouble. He succeeded once, even if he got in trouble as well. Draco was a bully just like Dudley.

“Harry.” Severus called bringing Harry out of his musing. “I want you to let me handle this. Do you understand?”

Harry, not really listening to his father's warning, was thinking about getting even with the ferret. Draco was going to ruin everything and Harry could not and would not let that happen.
“Harry,” Severus voice was sterner. “I mean it.”

“Yes, sir,” Harry answered, and started eating his food that was placed in front of him.

While they ate in silence, Harry began to think how he could get even with the ferret for what he did. Severus hoped his son would heed his warning of not taking this in the boy's own hands and letting him handle his godson.

Not wanting to ruin his first time in Hogsmead, Harry didn't think about Draco anymore and focused on the fact that he was with his father and that they were eating alone.

On the way back to the castle, just as Severus thought, it was a bit chillier than it was on the walk there. Looking over at his son, he could see that Harry was slightly shivering. Severus reached over, placing both his hands under Harry's armpits and hoisted him up towards his chest. Harry let out a small squeak at the abrupt pick up.

“Dad, I can walk.” Harry protested a little, wrapping his arms around his dad's neck.

“I know that, but that jacket is barely keeping the chill off of you and I can see you shivering. I will not have you sick, so you will stay with me to warm you up and then this weekend we are going shopping for some adequate clothing.”

Harry's only response was him wrapping his legs around his dad's waist, as Severus wrapped his cloak around his son. Within seconds, Harry's small shivering stopped. He, laying his head on Severus' shoulder, was enjoying the new found closeness with his father.

TBC

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3188