A True Family by mandancie
Summary: This story is adopted and given permission from Severus Addicted. Albus has kept a secret about two people for eleven years. The time has come for when the truth should be announced. Can Severus be a father? Severitus. Warnings: small mention of abuse/foul language/corporal punishment. No slash. Be kind, leave a review. No flamers please.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, McGonagall
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Loving, Out of Character Snape
Genres: Family, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 2nd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Out of Character, Profanity
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: No Word count: 50555 Read: 68894 Published: 14 Feb 2015 Updated: 04 Jul 2020
Chapter 7: Harry's Revenge by mandancie
Author's Notes:
I know it has been a long time since I've updated, and for that I apologize. Depression and grief have been having a strangle hold on me. Please keep me in your thoughts. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Albus was sitting in the chair with a precious bundle in his lap. Draco was currently asleep. After Draco had shed more tears, Albus pulled him on his knees and cuddled the blond child, speaking softly into the child's ear.

Once Draco was asleep, Minerva finally spoke again.

“Why don't you put him to bed?”

“I will,” Albus whispered, looking down at the small child in his arms. “I just want to make sure that he feels that he's not being abandoned.”

“How could he ever feel abandoned when you're spoiling him like you do?” Minerva's voice held a slight bit of amusement.

“Ah,” Albus eyes twinkled. “That's the luxury of being Grandpa Albus. I can afford to spoil the child. Anyway, I know he will be busy tomorrow since he will have to talk to his godfather.”
“Speaking of his godfather,” Minerva said, getting up from her seat. “Severus and Harry should be back by now. I'm going to floo over and see how things went.”

Minerva disappeared through the green flames. Albus looked down at the sleeping boy in his arms and smiled.

“Oh, yes,” Albus quietly said. “Grandpa Albus will always make sure that you're happy and spoiled with love. And now, I have another one to spoil as well.”

_____0000_______0000______0000

Minerva stepped through the flames into Severus' chambers. Her timing couldn't have been better as Severus was walking through his door with Harry in his arms. Minerva shook her head.

“Between you and Albus, you're going to spoil these boys,” Minerva said with a slight chuckle in her voice.

“What do you mean?” Severus asked, his voice low so not to wake the sleeping child in his arms.

“I just left Albus in my chambers with Draco asleep in his lap.”

Minerva sat down in the chair closest to the fireplace. Severus walked to the couch and sat down not moving the small boy in his arms.

“How is Dragon doing?” Severus asked, absentmindedly rubbing Harry's back.

“You need to talk to him,” Minerva informed him. “He's jealous.”

“Jealous?” Severus said, incredulously. “What on earth does he have to be jealous about?”

Minerva sat up straighter in her chair, looking at her adoptive son. “Maybe about the boy you are still clutching in your arms.” There was no animosity or judgment behind her words. “You have to understand Draco's position. For his entire life, you were just his. There were no other students that took your attention away, then in one short afternoon, Draco finds out that the boy he's had a feud with for an entire school year is now your son. He's jealous. You didn't see his face when you rushed out of the Great Hall. I did.”

“I'll talk to Draco in the morning,” Severus sighed.

“Good,” Minerva said, standing up. “After you put Harry to bed, why don't you come up for tea?”

Severus nodded and stood up from the sofa as well. Minerva headed towards the fireplace.

“Wait,” Severus called out. “If you give me a minute, I'll walk with you.”

“Okay,” Minerva said, putting the powder back in the pot she had just removed.

Severus walked back to Harry's room and laid the child on the bed. After changing his clothes and tucking him in, Severus leaned down and lightly kissed his son on the forehead. Harry began to stir.

“Shh,” Severus soothed, rubbing his son's chest.

“Dad,” Harry moaned, sleepily.

“You're in bed. Go back to sleep. I'll see you in the morning.”

“ 'night, daddy,” Harry said, falling back to sleep.

“Good night, son.”

Severus walked out of the room and met his mother, who was standing by the door.

“I feel like a stroll through the castle,” Minerva said when she saw the look Severus was giving her. “Come walk with me.”

Severus walked over towards his adoptive mother and she linked her arms in his. Together, they walked to her chambers.

Walking in the sitting room, they were met by Albus still sitting in the same spot with Draco asleep in his lap.

“You've been sitting like this the entire time?” Minerva asked, sitting down on the sofa. “You're spoiling him.”

“Yes, well, I have that prerogative,” Albus smiled.

“That you do, but you know you'll be stiff sitting in that one spot for so long.”

Severus walked over towards Albus.

“I'll put him to bed.”

Leaning down, Severus gathered his godson in his arms. Draco feeling himself being moved, scared that he was again being rejected, started to squirm in Severus' arms.

“Shh, Dragon,” Severus whispered in the blond child's ear.

“Uncle Sev,” Draco said, sleepily, looking up at the man. “Please don't hate me,” he slurred.

Severus looked over at Minerva. She gave her son a knowing look.

“I could never hate my little Dragon,” Severus said soothingly, as he walked to the back where Minerva's guest bedrooms were. After laying the blond headed child in the bed, Severus walked back into the sitting room.

_______00000________00000_______00000

The next morning Draco woke up to Minerva shaking his shoulder.

“Wake up, my little Dragon,” Minerva said, sweetly.

“Morning, Auntie Minnie,” Draco moaned, as he stretched in the bed.

“Are we feeling better this morning?”

“Yes, ma'am.” Draco sat up in the bed.

“Good,” Minerva said standing up. “Why don't you go get cleaned up and we'll head down to the Great Hall for breakfast.”

Draco got up from the bed and went to the bathroom down the hallway.


Severus walked into the bedroom and saw the small lump in the middle of the bed. A smile graced his lips as he walked over to his son. His son. It still seemed unreal, but here he was, curled up in the middle of the bed.

“Harry,” Severus said, shaking his shoulder, or he thought was his shoulder from the lump in the bed. “Come on, son, wake up. You need to get cleaned up so we can go to breakfast.”

The lump under the covers moved and stretched out. A patch of messy black hair came out from under the cover first before it was preceded by the small child's face.

“Morning, daddy,” Harry moaned as he stretched in the bed. He stretched so hard he flipped over onto his stomach.

“Morning,” Severus said, smiling. Patting the child's bum over the covers, Severus then stood up. “Get up. Breakfast is almost ready.”

Harry got out of bed and walked out of his room and headed for the bathroom. While he was brushing his teeth he thought about everything that has happened. He had a dad. He had a grandma. Then he thought about Malfoy. He really did hope that the boy was gone. He hadn't seen Draco anymore since they played Quidditch, and he hoped that he was gone.

A small bubble of anger was sitting in his belly when he thought about the possibility of losing what he now had. What Draco did, he could have lost his dad and his grandma. He'd just got them and he would fight tooth and nail to make sure nothing hindered that.

Harry was sitting at the table where he sat yesterday during breakfast. Severus was sitting next to him, talking with Albus. Harry was in his own thoughts when he heard the doors to the Great Hall open and Minerva and Draco walked in.

Harry felt a surge of rage fill him. There was the ferret. He was still here. Harry knew he would get his revenge on the blond boy.

Breakfast continued without incident. Neither boy said anything to each other. Severus took the silence as it being a calm before the storm. Looking at both boys as they tried not to acknowledge each others existence. Severus just hoped that his son would listen to his warning and let him handle Draco.

Once Severus was finished and noticed that Draco was merely playing with is food, he could see that something was troubling the child, Severus excused himself from the table.

“Mr. Malfoy,” Severus called out. “Come with me.”

Draco sighed and stood up and followed his uncle out of the Great Hall. As much as Draco wanted to be with his Uncle Severus, he was not looking forward to the conversation that he was about to have with him. The last thing that Draco wanted to hear was that his uncle didn't love him anymore. And he was afraid he was going to hear just that.

As they were walking out of the Great Hall, Draco looked up at his godfather.

“Uncle Severus -”

“We will talk soon, Dragon,” Severus interrupted.

Draco put his head down. Even though his uncle called him by his nickname, it didn't mean that the talk was going to be a pleasant one.

Harry watched his dad and the ferret leave and he couldn't help the small amount of hurt he was feeling that his dad didn't say anything to him before he left. Maybe his dad really was tired of him. Maybe his dad didn't want to be his dad. Maybe...

“Harry,” Albus said, pulling Harry out of his thoughts. “How would you like to come spend sometime with an old man?”

“Sir.”

After the line of thoughts Harry was having the thought of anyone wanting to spend time with him surprised him.

“Well, you've seemed to spent time with everyone else,” Albus said, his eyes twinkling. “Why not also with me?”

Harry couldn't help the huge grin that shown on his face. They were about to get up and leave the table when Fawkes flew in and landed right in front of Albus. Sitting back down in his chair and reaching for the envelope, the twinkle in Albus' eyes dulled as he read the missive. Minerva, seeing the grave look on Albus' face, knew that whatever was in the letter was not good.

“Harry,” Albus said, putting a smile on his face. “Would you mind if we postpone our get together for an hour? Something of great importance has come up.”

Harry, also noticing the change in the Headmaster's demeanor once he read the letter, just nodded his head.

“I will send Fawkes to come get you when it is time,” Albus assured Harry.

Albus stood and left quickly out of the Great Hall. Conversations slowly began to start again after the Headmaster left, but since Harry was pretty much finished with his breakfast and had nothing else to do, he figured he would clear his head and not let the small feeling of hurt that his dad probably didn't want to deal with him anymore.

______0000________00000__________000000

Severus and Draco walked to the entrance. Severus looked down at the slumped shoulders of his godson and thought about what his mother told him last night. Yes, he was angry that Draco had locked Harry in the storage cupboard, but for this intense feeling of dread that he was seeing from his godson, hurt him.

“Dragon,” Severus said, as he opened the door to allow them to pass. “Would you like to explain to me why you did what you did yesterday?”

Draco looked up at his godfather. What could he tell him that would not get him into more trouble? He didn't like Potter. He didn't understand why Potter was even here. The summer times were always about his time with his godfather, Auntie Minnie and Grandpa Albus. None of the kids that were at his Primary school before Hogwarts, and none of his friends at Hogwarts. After living with prejudice Slytherins talking bad about Gryffindors, he didn't have to put up any fronts to betray the fact that he loved his Auntie Minnie. Yes, he had his godfather during the school year, but he couldn't just go to his chambers when he wanted to. He had to be a big boy and keep the Malfoy name a strong and proud name. And a weeping, sniveling crybaby going for a cuddle to his godfather when he was so tired of putting up with the boys that were in his dorm, nor the disgusted looks he would get when other Professors would look at him in compared to the Golden boy.

Draco was so lost in thought that he didn't realized that they were now by the Black Lake. Severus had conjured a stone bench out of a rock on the ground. It happened to be under a particular shaded tree. Severus knew that Draco was trying to gather his thoughts together so he didn't pressure the child to answer his question when they left the school.

When Draco realized where they were, he couldn't help the smile that came across his face. He remembered all the long talks he would have with his godfather at this spot. He knew that when they were at this spot that Draco was free to speak his mind and not worry about getting in trouble with what he had to say. There had been many of times where Severus had brought Draco out here after he'd gotten in trouble or was upset about something.

Draco looked back at his uncle and saw that even now he could tell when Draco needed to vent. Even if Severus would call it immature babble that would mean absolutely nothing, he would still allow Draco to say whatever he wanted, within reason.

“Uncle Severus?” Draco finally spoke.

“The rules are still the same,” Severus said with ease.

Draco began to speak about everything that was bothering him. It turned out that Draco's underlining stress wasn't really from the fact that Harry was here or that Harry was his son. It was that Draco learned what his parents were into. Draco had overheard his parents talking one night during Christmas holidays and he'd been worried about the fact that he could lose his parents. And seeing Harry when he got to Severus' chambers intensified that he would lose Severus, Minerva and Albus as well. When Draco finished his tirade, he was in tears curled up on his uncle's lap. Severus had his arms wrapped around his Dragon, rocking slightly, whispering soothingly in his ear.

______000000________000000_______000000

Harry was sitting on the revolving stairs. He was caught in his disparaging thoughts when he heard talking at the bottom of the staircase. He stood up and looked over the banister. At the bottom of the stairs, Draco and Severus were standing. Severus was kneeling on one knee talking to Draco. Harry could just see the love and care radiating from the slight touch that Severus was putting on Draco. Hate and anger bubbled up inside Harry.

All his life he's wanted a family, and now that he had one, he'd be damned if he would lose it without a fight. Pulling his wand out of his back pocket, Harry continued to look over the railing at the two at the bottom floor.


“Now, I want you to go back to the library,” Severus ordered. “You must learn to accept that Harry is my son. And just because he's here, it does not mean that I love you any less, understand?”

“Yes, sir,” Draco responded and turned to go up the stairs.

“Dragon,” Severus called out.

Draco turned back to his uncle and saw him standing there with his arms opened. A smile came across the child's face and he rushed into the waiting arms.

“I love you.”

“I love you more, my Dragon.” Severus squeezed him a little bit before releasing him. “Now, to the library with you. I'll come for you in a few hours.”

“Yes, sir,” Draco said with a small smile on his face. Now knowing that his godfather still loved him made his punishment a little more easier.

Severus watched Draco go up the stairs. He couldn't help shaking his head at the misconceptions that Draco had put in his head just by seeing Harry. He was glad that he could set the child straight. Thinking about Harry, Severus knew that Harry should be with Albus, so he decided to head up the stairs towards the Headmaster's office. As he ascended the stairs he began hearing mumbled voices. As he got closer to the third floor he could distinguish the voices. Children voices. Knowing that there were only two children within the entire castle, Severus knew he needed to get to them quickly. As he began running up the stairs the voices got louder. Severus could hear the anger in his son's voice as well as in his godson's voice. Once he got to the top of the third floor stairs, what he saw had him completely floored. Draco lay unconscious on the floor and Harry had his wand out. When Harry saw him coming up the final steps, there was nothing but fear in the child's eyes. Before Severus could say anything, Harry took off running down the nearest hallway.

TBC

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3188