A True Family by mandancie
Summary: This story is adopted and given permission from Severus Addicted. Albus has kept a secret about two people for eleven years. The time has come for when the truth should be announced. Can Severus be a father? Severitus. Warnings: small mention of abuse/foul language/corporal punishment. No slash. Be kind, leave a review. No flamers please.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, McGonagall
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Loving, Out of Character Snape
Genres: Family, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 2nd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Out of Character, Profanity
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: No Word count: 50555 Read: 68908 Published: 14 Feb 2015 Updated: 04 Jul 2020

1. Chapter 1: Finding Family by mandancie

2. Chapter 2: Coming to Terms by mandancie

3. Chapter 3: Addition and Punishment by mandancie

4. Chapter 4: Malfoy Problem by mandancie

5. Chapter 5: Make Mistakes by mandancie

6. Chapter 6: Dinner at Hogsmead by mandancie

7. Chapter 7: Harry's Revenge by mandancie

8. Chapter 8: Brother's Keeper by mandancie

9. Chapter 9: Talking with Draco by mandancie

10. Chapter 10: Adding One More by mandancie

11. Chapter 11: The Funeral by mandancie

12. Chapter 12: Spilled Beans by mandancie

13. Chapter 13: More Puzzle Pieces by mandancie

14. Chapter 14: Coming Home by mandancie

15. Chapter 15: Reunions by mandancie

16. Chapter 16: The Ministry Pays by mandancie

17. Chapter 17: Getting Back to Normal? by mandancie

Chapter 1: Finding Family by mandancie
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.
A special thanks to The Lonely God With a Box for beta'ing my story.
A/N: I have adopted this story from Severus Addicted. I am making subtle changes to it, but it will basically be about the same premise as her original story.
This is an A/U story. This story rarely follows cannon. It starts the summer after Harry's first year at Hogwarts. I hope you enjoy this story as much as I did. The characters are a bit OOC.
Warnings: This story will contain Corporal Punishment. Talk of abuse. Nothing too graphic.
If any of this bothers you, please feel free not to read. No flamers, please.

Chapter 1: Finding Family

Severus was seated in front of the Headmaster's desk waiting for him to start the meeting.

Albus sighed and popped a Lemon Drop into his mouth, his eyes were twinkling madly.

'Oh great, I wonder what that old fool wants me to do already; school just got out yesterday!' Severus thought to himself.

"Severus my boy I would like it if you could go to Harry's house and keep an eye on him for about two days then I want you to bring him here. I have some things to tell you two." Albus said.

Severus' eyes went hard "No! Absolutely not. I will not go to the brat's house!"

The twinkle in Albus' eyes disappeared. "Severus please. I need you to."

Severus sighed, Albus always got his way. "Fine! Can't I just go get the brat now?"

Albus shook his head "No I need you to see how he is treated there. I don't trust anyone else to do it." Albus explained.

Severus growled but finally agreed.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Severus apparated to Number Four Privet Drive. Then he walked up the path and stopped at the white door. He charmed himself invisible then he slowly opened the door and walked in.

When he got inside, he noticed that there were no pictures of The-Brat-Who-Lived anywhere. To tell the truth, if he didn't know any better, he would have thought Harry James Potter didn't live here. The next thing he noticed was a whale sitting on a peach colored couch. Oh correction, it was not a whale. It was actually, if you could believe it a man.

Severus looked around the room some more and noticed a cupboard door locked with six different kinds of locks. His brow creased looking at the locks.

'I wonder what they keep in there.' Severus thought.

The human whale of a man stood up and walked through a doorway. Very few things surprised Severus but he was surprised the man could fit through the doorway. Severus followed the large man. He looked around himself and noticed it was obviously a kitchen. There was a small circular table in the middle of the room with three chairs surrounding it.

'Why are there only three chairs? Aren't there four people in this house?' Severus thought to himself.

The human whale sat down at the table and grabbed the newspaper. Severus walked over to an empty corner and just stood there for a while.

All of a sudden a loud sound came crashing down the stairs. The sound was so loud it sounded like a herd of elephants. A young boy that looked like a lard walked into the room.

"Pa, when is breakfast? I'm hungry." Dudley complained while sitting down at the table.

Vernon looked over at his son and growled "As soon as that freak gets the bathroom done." Vernon answered.

A few minutes later Harry slowly came down the stairs. Harry then cautiously entered the kitchen.

"Well it's about bloody time!" Vernon yelled. “You're late getting breakfast, boy! Get started!”

Harry put his head down. He was tired and upset. He'd been up since very early and he didn't want to deal with either of the male Dursleys. But when his uncle yelled at him for not having breakfast, it just snapped something inside of Harry. He got angry.

"Well maybe if you wouldn't have made me clean the fucking bathroom spotless you would have had breakfast earlier!" Harry yelled back forgetting his place and who he was talking to.

Vernon jumped from his chair. Harry's face paled when he saw his uncle coming for him. he was in front of Harry and slammed him up against the wall. Harry yelped when his head met the brick wall.

"Don't you ever talk to me like that, boy!"

Harry dropped to the ground. Vernon grabbed the small boy by his hair and picked him up. Once Harry was standing up, Vernon forced him to bend over the table. He then proceeded to beat the boy with a wooden spoon he gotten off the counter. After he was done beating the boy, he threw him on the floor and spat on him. Harry curled into a tiny ball hoping it would be over soon. Hoping he was done. Hoping he would just die. His last thought before two large hands grabbed him up and started dragging him towards the hallway was 'Why me?'

Severus watched in horror as the human whale beat and then picked the fragile boy up by the arm and pulled him to the cupboard with the six different locks. Vernon literally threw Harry into the small cupboard and slammed the door shut then he locked all six locks and walked back to the kitchen.

Hours later, when everyone left the house for their daily routine, Severus unlocked the door and opened it. Harry was sitting there looking out the door but he did not move a muscle.

Severus knelt down and looked Harry in the eyes. The once bright excited emerald eyes were now dull and had no emotion showing in them.

Harry looked at the man who was knelt in front of the doorway looking at him strange.

"Mr. Potter?" came a familiar silky voice but it didn't have the normal vicious tone to it.

Harry looked at him "Professor Snape."

"Come, I'm taking you to Hogwarts." Severus grabbed Harry's arms and gently lifted him out of the cupboard. Harry stood outside the cupboard and looked at Severus.

"Why did you come here?" Harry asked

Severus rolled his eyes "I just told you that. I am not repeating myself. Now where is your trunk?"

Harry lowered his eyes to the floor then muttered "I'm sorry." He then pointed to the cupboard. Severus knelt back down and saw the trunk in the back of the very small room. He pulled it out, noticing the large padlock on it. He quickly vanished the padlock then shrank the trunk to fit in his pocket.

Severus sighed "Come let's go." Severus held his hand for Harry to take.

Harry flinched back a little when Severus put his hand out to him. But once he realized he wasn't going to hit him he looked at the hand, then looked up at Severus in questioning.

"Mr. Potter take a hold of my hand so we can apparate." Severus explained

"Oh, well why didn't you say so?" Harry asked cheekily

'No wonder he got paddled today, he is so cheeky! If I ever had a son, he would never be cheeky or they would quickly find themselves over my lap!" Severus thought.

Harry grabbed Severus' hand and with a pop they were gone. Harry fell on his butt when they landed.

Harry looked around his surroundings. He saw Hogwarts and Hagrid's hut and the Whomping Willow.

'Home.' Harry thought as his eyes lingered by Hogwarts.

Harry and Severus walked the path up to the castle. Albus was waiting for them at the Great Doors. When they reached Dumbledore, they stopped.

Albus looked from Harry to Severus smiling widely; his eyes were twinkling so badly.

“Why Severus,” Albus twinkled. “I wasn't expecting you two until tomorrow.”

“Well, circumstances led to me taking him out of there now,” the dour Professor said.

"Well, you're here now. Come, my boys, we have much to discuss." Albus walked to his office. Severus and Harry followed closely behind.

Once they got to the office Albus said the password then walked up the stairs and sat behind his desk.

Harry and Severus both took a seat in front of the huge desk.

"Why am I still here, Headmaster?" Severus asked

"Because Severus, I need to talk to the both of you about something. But, first things first, what did you witness at the Dursley's?" Albus asked

Severus' eyes went dark. He then looked over at Harry who's eyes were squinted in confusion.

Severus finally looked back at the Headmaster "Many things. I saw Mr. Potter talk back and get shoved up against the wall. I saw him get spit upon and also I saw his uncle paddle him while he was forcefully held over the table."

Albus' twinkle went dull, looking at the small boy, "Harry is that true?"

Harry shook his head "No."

"Do not lie!" Severus looked at Harry incredulously.

Harry glared at him. "Who says I'm lying?"

"Mr. Potter!" Severus scolded

"Harry, please tell me the truth." Albus said softly.

Harry thought about lying again but he knew if the greasy bastard saw it, he wouldn't win anyway. So he decided he better just tell the truth.

Harry lowered his eyes to the floor and whispered "Yes sir."

Albus looked saddened that Harry wouldn't look at either of them. He was also greatly upset that he placed Harry in that household in the first place.

"Harry, have you ever told anyone about this?" Albus asked the young wizard in front of him.

Harry looked up at the Headmaster and said softly "Once, but that didn't turn out good. Of course they believed my relatives more than me. I'm just a freak. Ever since then, I figured it was hopeless." Harry shrugged his shoulders.

With his head down, Harry did not see the grimace on both elder wizard's faces when Harry referred to himself as 'Freak.'

Albus sighed "You do know in light of these circumstances we will not send you back there anymore, right?"

Harry looked up at the Headmaster. He won't be going back. He couldn't help the small gleam of hope that was rising in his belly.

"Where do you suppose he will stay?" Severus asked hoping to God it wasn't Hogwarts.

Albus smiled "I already have that figured out."

"Where?" Severus asked

"This is what I wanted to talk to you two about-" Seeing Severus was going to interrupt Albus put his hand up "Let me explain, Severus. Now Harry, your biological father was not James Potter. It was and is Professor Snape." Albus smiled at Harry. Harry's eyes went wide.

"How is that possible?" Severus asked "He looks nothing like me."

Albus took his eyes off of Harry to look at Severus in shock "Well Severus do I need to tell you about the birds and bees?"

Severus was taken aback by the knowledge that the Boy-Who-Lived was in fact his son. He just absentmindedly shook his head no.

"Good,” Albus said oblivious to the internal struggle that was haunting his Potions' Professor. “Now, you remember that night with Lily you had?" Severus nodded. "Okay, well that night is when you conceived Harry. Now, as to why he looks nothing like you, that's because he has a very intensive Glamor on. Lily put it on as soon as he was born." Albus explained.

Severus stared at Harry, his son, his and Lily's son. The boy he just witnessed being beaten and degraded with an attitude problem was in fact his son.

'Great, I'm the greasy git's son. How wonderful.' Harry thought to himself angrily.

Harry looked at Albus hoping so badly this was all just a cruel joke.

Albus saw the look on Harry's face and shook his head "No, Harry, this is no joke."

Harry sighed "Bloody Hell."

"Language!" Both adults scolded.

'It's English.' Harry thought to himself.

Albus looked at Severus and smiled "See, you'll be a great father."

Severus looked at Harry 'I'm going to have my hands full. Geez, the Hogwarts trouble maker is my son. I can't believe it. It was just one night, one bloody night! How am I going to be a father after everything I put him through? Will he ever be able to forgive me?' Severus thought to himself.

'God what's Ron and Hermione gonna think about this? This can't be true. They're just trying to get my hopes up for a true family and then later they're gonna be like "Sorry!" Ugh! I could look past last years unhappy times with him, if he can. What the Hell am I thinking the Batman of the Wizarding World could never see past things. Hmm... I like that name I think I will call him that for now on; Batman. Ha, wait till I tell Ron. He'll agree. He does look like Batman. It's a good thing I introduced him to Batman last year or he would have no idea who I was talking about. I just can't believe this! Did mum cheat on dad or was this before they were married? And what the fuck did she see in him? God, to think I share his genes, it makes me want to throw up! Ugh I hope I don't have that bloody nose of his, I'd look like Pinocchio! Or that slimy, grease ball on top of his head called hair. I could so live without those pleasant traits.' Harry thought.

Albus looked from Harry to Severus, they were both lost in thought.

Harry finally broke the silence "Well... Uh, I've got loads of homework to do, so I'll talk to you later." 'Or not.' Harry thought.

Harry quickly walked from the room, and basically ran to his common room.

Once Harry was gone, Severus turned to Albus. "This can't be true, Albus. It was only one night!"

Albus raised his eyes brows "It most certainly is, you knew what you were getting into when you decided to have sex with Lily. And now you have a child to care for, he will need you to be there for him as he grows." Albus said.

Severus sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Fine."

Albus smiled and nodded his head in agreement.

"How long have you known about this?" Severus asked rubbing his forehead.

Albus went quiet.

Severus looked up and glared at him "Answer me!"

Albus sighed and said "Since he was born, but I thought it would be better off if you two didn't know because of you being a Death Eater. I did what I thought was the best."

"I would have quit being a Death Eater if I would have known I had a son to care for." Severus said

"But we needed a spy." Albus objected.

Severus rolled his eyes "You could have had many others to do it for you."

Albus sighed "I'm sorry, Severus."

Severus looked at him "It's alright it's already done, no turning back now."

Albus nodded his head then looked at Severus and smiled "You're gonna have your hands full, my boy."

Severus raised his eye brows "Yes well, he will NOT be doing the things he did this year without consequences, and he will soon realize that too."

Albus chuckled and nodded his head.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Harry slumped onto the common room couch. He was lost in deep thought and he couldn't find the way out.

'Will he want me? Doubt it. He loathes you. Don't think like that. He will accept you! No, he won't. No one does. I'm the Freak! Don't think like that. If he does accept me, will he soon realize how big of a mistake I am? You're not a mistake! Yes I am. Everyone says so. Uncle Vernon is not everyone. Now that was a scary thought. Would he be just like uncle? Oh, I certainly hope not! What am I gonna do? My life sucks! I hate this! Why can't I just be normal and have a happy family, a true, real family? That won't happen so don't get your hopes up. Professor Snape won't take you in. He hates you. Would you even want him as a father? After everything he's done to you? I can forgive. I can start over. He can't. I bet he could if he tried. Ha, who are you kidding, he has no feelings except hate. I could change that. Doubtful. I feel like tacos, oh wait just got off topic. He could be just like everyone else and give me the cold shoulder for everything. He could. He wouldn't. But he could. No doubt I'd deserve it. You don't deserve this. You deserve much better and even if it's that Slime Ball giving it to you then you need to grab a hold of it like a Bull Rider. I'd rather face a wild Bull right now then this! I could be getting punked. I don't know they sounded pretty sure of themselves. Maybe I should just leave it for now. If he comes to me, then that means he wants to try it. Which is doubtful. Holy shit I'm tired. All this thinking is making me exhausted!' All this was running through Harry's mind.

Harry got up from the couch and went to his dorm where he fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Morning came too quick for Harry's liking. He slowly climbed out of bed and got ready for the day. It became breakfast time but Harry couldn't bring himself to go down to the Great Hall and face everyone.

'They probably know all about Batman being my father. They also probably know about what my relatives did to me. And they're making fun of the fact. They wouldn't do that. Are you so positive about that? Fine, I guess I won't go down yet. One more day without food won't hurt. I guess I better just get my essays done for school. I hate this! I finally get a chance for a normal family and the guy hates my living guts! Just my luck. He doesn't hate you. Then he does a poor way of showing it. You got a point there. Shit, what am I gonna do? I want a father but Snape could never feel anything but hate. Are you seriously saying you'd give that bastard a chance? Yeah, I guess. He's better than no father at all. You might be surprised. I'll give him a chance if he can. If not, then I am just going to pretend nothing happened. Seems like a plan.' Harry got up and went to the table where his books were placed, then he started on the essays he was given.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Severus was in a daze. After thinking on it all night, he really was liking the idea of Harry being his son. But the one thing that really worried him was that the boy would deny him. After everything he had put the child through last year, it was most likely that Harry would deny him.

'What am I thinking? The Boy-Who-Lived would not want me as a father. Are you sure? Yes, after everything I put him through this year he'd be better off without me. No, he wouldn't. This little boy needs support from his father. He needs to know what love is and you can give it to him. I don't know if I can. I didn't really have much of an example when I was growing up. You have, Albus. You got a point there. Well I guess I'll talk to him about it today. Good. Wow, I'm hungry. Time for breakfast.' Severus thought.

Severus walked down to the Great Hall and sat down at the table they always put down during the summer.

Albus looked up at him and smiled "My boy, have you seen Harry yet this morning?" Albus asked

Severus looked around the Hall and noticed he wasn't there, he looked back at the Headmaster and shook his head "No."

Albus sighed "Knowing him he's still asleep."

At that Severus chuckled and Albus smiled, happy he could finally get Severus to laugh. Severus hasn't laughed in a while.

"Who can go wake Harry up?" Albus asked. No one rose their hands they were all too busy talking to each other. "Severus, my boy, will you go wake your son up?" At that statement everyone stopped talking and looked up.

"Who's your son? I didn't know you had a child." Minerva said

"Harry is my son. And I didn't know until yesterday when Albus told me." Severus explained.

Minerva's eyes went wide "Harry is your son?"

Severus rose his eyes "Yes. He's my son."

"That poor child, I pity him." Lockhart, the new Defense teacher, announced sadly.

Albus rose his eye brows "Now, now, Gilderoy, be nice! This is probably the best thing that's ever happened to the boy."

"Wow, he must not have had a lot of good things happen to him then." Gilderoy said, sounding even more sad by the minute.

"Gilderoy Lockhart! There is no need for that, apologize to Severus now." Albus said madly

Lockhart had to stop himself before he rolled his eyes "I'm sorry, Severus." Lockhart said not sounding sorry at all.

Severus rolled his eyes. He then stood up to go wake Harry up.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Severus walked to the Gryffindor common room. When he got there, he said the password and walked in. He looked around himself and noticed Harry sitting at the table doing his essays. He walked over to the table and sat down in front of Harry.

Harry looked up when he heard someone sit down at the table; it was Snape.

Severus looked at Harry and smiled "Good morning, Harry."

'Wow did he just smile? I had no idea that was possible!' Harry thought amazed by this new discovery.

"Morning." Harry said smiling back.

Severus was happy that Harry actually smiled at him, which is a good sign... Right?

"Do you know it's breakfast?" Severus asked his son.

"I'm not hungry," Harry said dismissing the discussion.

Severus noticed that Harry, for some reason, did not want to talk about this so he pushed for the reason.

"When was the last time you actually ate something?" Severus asked remembering the three chairs at the Dursley's kitchen table.

Harry looked away. Severus noticed the hurt look on his face.

'I'm not worth food anyway.' Harry thought to himself angrily

"That doesn't matter," Harry finally said.

Severus looked at his son shocked "YES, it does! Your aunt and uncle may not have thought feeding you was important enough, but let me tell you something, while I am your father, you will eat."

'Does this mean he actually wants to try it?' Harry asked himself hopeful.

Harry looked up at him. Severus gazed back at Harry and saw a tiny flash of hope go across his emerald eyes.

"Come, time for breakfast," Severus stood up and waited for Harry to do the same.

Harry sighed but stood up and followed Severus to the Great Hall for breakfast. When they arrived at the Great Hall, they sat down at the table and began to eat.

Severus looked over at Harry to make sure he was eating something. Harry had a couple of sausages on his plate with syrup to dip them in.

Minerva looked over at Harry and gave him a tight smile.

'Great, so they do know.' Harry thought to himself

Harry looked up at all the Professors and noticed one he never saw before, he smiled at him and said a polite "Hello."

Lockhart looked up and smiled at Harry, Harry smiled back again. "Oh, it's the great famous Boy-Who-Lived." Harry's smile disappeared very quickly. Severus took notice of that and wondered why.

"You don't like your name?" Gilderoy asked baffled by that.

Harry glared at him "Would anybody want that name if your parents died but you survived? Especially if it's your fault?! I didn't think so."

"Well you're definitely not what the Daily Prophet says." Lockhart glared back at him.

Harry laughed, annoyed at how little people know about him. "You have no idea." with that he stood and made his way to the Great Hall doors to go back to his common room.

"Mr. Potter! Come back here. I am not done speaking with you." Gilderoy yelled after the retreating boy.

Harry stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around to glare at him "I really don't like you."

Severus agreed with Harry but didn't say anything. He didn't want in any more trouble with Albus.

"Severus! Control your son!" Gilderoy yelled.

Harry looked between Gilderoy and Severus. Was he going to get in trouble for what he said? What would the professor say? Would he be angry with him?

Severus shrugged "I can't,” Harry's eyebrows rose to his hairline. “Because I agree with him. I don't like you either. I thought you understood that a while ago, Lockhart." He smiled at Harry then stood up and walked with his son out of the Great Hall.

“Let's go to the kitchen, Harry,” Severus said. “We can eat uninterrupted.”

Everyone watched as father and son left the Hall. Gilderoy looking flabbergasted at what just occurred, Minerva shaking her head, and Albus quietly sipping his tea.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

They walked to the kitchen in a awkward silence. When they sat down at the kitchen table Dobby appeared.

Harry jumped at the sound of the House Elf appearing.

Dobby looked at Harry and nodded his head "I's is sorry, Master Harry Potter."

Harry looked so confused at that statement "Please don't call me Master Harry Potter. It makes me sound like a crypt keeper or something. It's just Harry."

Severus chuckled to himself.

Dobby bowed his head again "I's is sorry, Harry."

Harry smiled and nodded.

Dobby brightened and looked from Harry to Severus and asked in an enthusiastic voice "You's want something to eat?"

Severus nodded "Yes, we would like breakfast please, Dobby."

Dobby nodded and was gone in a pop.

Harry eyes went wide "What was that?"

Severus smiled "That, Harry, was a House Elf. One of the many that works for Hogwarts. House Elves are normally owned by a family. Dobby is but he also likes to help out here. The House Elves are the creatures that prepare our food everyday, and clean up the school."

"Wow." Harry sighed

Dobby came back with a pop. He was carrying three trays, one in each hand and the other was amazingly on top of his head. Harry wondered if maybe someday he could carry something on his head.

Dobby sat the three trays down at the table and bowed then left with a pop.

Harry looked at the three trays, one was filled with sausages, eggs, and pancakes. The other was Pumpkin juice, and hot tea for Severus. The third tray had buttered toast with jelly in little containers on the side.

Severus and Harry started filling their plates and ate.

After they were all done eating Severus turned to Harry.

"Harry, I have a question." Severus said

Harry looked up at his father while he sipped his juice.

"You don't actually blame yourself for your mother's and James' death do you?" Severus asked “You do realize that wasn't your fault.”

Harry looked up at him and cocked his head to the side "It wasn't?"

Severus' jaw dropped "No, child, it's not. Where did you hear that it was?"

Harry just looked away. "They lied about everything."

“Who?” Severus asked.

“My relatives.” Harry's breathing became more shallow.

Severus looked at Harry "What did your relatives lie to you about?" Severus asked

Harry finally looked at him "Everything! They said my parents died in a car crash then. When I finally found out that wasn't really what happened, they said if I wouldn't have been born they would still be alive. Is that true or is that a lie, too? Everything has been a lie in my life. Who my father was; a lie. Who I really am is a lie. What else is a lie?" Harry had tears pooling in his emerald eyes.

Severus looked at Harry and wrapped his arm around his son's shoulders "Nothing else. Harry, it's not your fault that they died."

After Harry was calmed down Severus decided now would be good to talk about their new discovery.

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 2: Coming to Terms by mandancie

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter

A special thanks to The Lonely God With a Box for beta'ing my story.

Chapter 2: Coming to Terms

“Harry,” Severus said. “Once we're done, I would like for us to go to my chambers so that we can talk.”

Harry, who had been hoping to get a chance to go flying, just nodded his head at his now father's request.

Once they finished eating and the house elves cleared up the dishes, Severus and Harry made the trek down to the dungeons. Both were silent and in deep thought. Severus had no idea where he could start, or even if Harry would accept him if he told him everything about his past. For a moment, he was even considering not telling Harry about the Dark Mark, but quickly dismissed the idea. No, he was not going to start their family out with lies.

Severus looked back at the too small boy who was practically jogging to keep up. Severus found himself slowing his gait just so that Harry could keep up and not be completely out of breath by the time they reached his chambers.

Harry, trying to keep up with the Potions Professor, wondered how long this talk was going to be. He surely hoped that it would not take long so that he could hopefully go flying. He hadn't had a chance to fly since school was let out a month ago. As the two wizards may their way towards the dungeons, Harry began to become nervous. What did Professor Snape really want to talk about? He was really hoping that he wasn't about to be rejected. The thought, even if it was the most hated Professor at Hogwarts, of having a father and having a family was just too good. So many nights Harry would dream of having a true family that he could call his own, and now he just might get it. That's if he didn't get rejected.

Harry was so lost in his own mind he didn't realize that Severus stopped walking, and he bumped into him.

“I'm sorry, sir,” Harry rushed out.

Severus didn't acknowledge Harry bumping into him or his apology. The Potion Master only waved his hand over the edge of the door and opened it for him and his son.

Harry carefully walked in the room a few feet and just stopped. Harry was surprised to see the room looked warm and inviting. When he walked in the room, there weren't chains hanging from the ceiling and a huge cauldron boiling in the corner. It was a normal living area. The furniture looked warm and inviting.

“Do sit down, Harry,” Severus drawled. “We have much to discuss, and I would like you to be comfortable while we talk.”

Harry walked over to the couch and sat down. Severus sat himself down on the chair next to the couch.

Severus didn't know where to start. There was so much he needed to tell the boy.

Severus took another deep breath and exhaled slowly, trying to calm his nerves. After he did that a couple of times, he saw that Harry was watching him, so he figured if he was going to tell Harry everything, he would need to start from the beginning.

“Now Harry, there is much that I want to tell you. Some of it will be a little difficult for me, but I will try and tell you everything that I know. Please do not interrupt me. Wait until I finish before you say anything. You can ask me whatever you want when I'm finished. Does that sound fair?”

Severus looked at the little boy as he digested what the Potions Master just said. The only response was a small nod from the boy.

“A verbal response, Harry,” Severus' voice was not the usual harsh tone, but in a calm soothing manner.

“Yes, sir,” a small voice responded.

'Thank Merlin he is taking this good so far.' Severus thought to himself. But his thoughts weren't exactly true. Harry may have been quiet but he was screaming on the inside. He wanted to run away. Being in the same room with the meanest, scariest, Professor in the history of Hogwarts, was nerve-wreaking, but he made himself stay where he was because he wanted a father. He wanted to have a real chance at having a family. Something he never got while staying with his relatives.

"Now, I guess I should start at the beginning,” Severus began his story. “When your mother and I were in school, we were best friends. As the years passed, it formed into something more. We started dating and the summer before our seventh year, I asked for her hand.” Severus had a small smile at the memory of asking his Lily to marry him. “Our engagement was a secret. Nobody else knew about it except Albus and Minerva. We had to keep it a secret from my father. As he would not have approved me marrying your mother, Lily. During Christmas break of my seventh year I took the Dark Mark-" seeing Harry's puzzled look he decided to explained what the Dark Mark was "The Dark Mark, Harry, is... Well it's basically a tattoo, the Dark Lord gave it to all of his followers-"

"WHAT?!" Harry screamed, cutting Severus off, standing up from the couch and backed away from him.

Severus closed his eyes to calm himself down before he did something he would regret later.

After he opened his eyes, he took a deep breath and looked at his retreating son.

"Harry, let me explain-"

Harry was getting red in the face from outrage. "How could you be a follower for that slimy bastard?!"

"Language, Harry," Severus admonished. Harry just rolled his eyes. The thought of running away was coming back in his mind at full force. He had to get away.

Severus saw that his son looked like he was going to bolt for the door. He knew he did not want that to happen. He did not want his son thinking that he was about to be delivered to the Dark Lord tonight. "Let me explain myself," Severus pleaded. He tried to keep his voice calm and soothing to try and calm down his son.

Harry glared at him, but nodded his head. Still, he made no movement to come back to the couch.

"Now, the reason why I took the Dark Mark is because my father made me. I didn't want to, but I was forced to. So I went to go talk to Albus about it. The only choice I had was to become a spy. It was the only way that I could be safe from my father's wrath and help the Light. So I spied on the Dark Lord, and told the Light what the Dark Lord and his Death Eaters were planning. And as of yesterday, I don't have the Dark Mark anymore. Albus found a spell to take off the mark." Severus explained to the now pink cheeked eleven year old boy.

"I'm sorry." Harry apologized sincerely looking at his feet.

Severus nodded his head and offered a light smile to his son "It's okay, Harry. Just next time, let me tell you the entire story before you go making assumptions."

Harry nodded his head still embarrassed.

"Now, as I was saying, we were engaged, but after Sybill made the prophecy that endangered your mother's safety. At the time, I had no idea she was pregnant with you when this happened. To protect your mother and myself, it was decided that she would marry James Potter. He would protect her while they were in hiding.” Severus sighed. “When you were born, I just knew that you were James' son. I swear that I didn't know.”

Harry slowly made his way towards his father. He could see the sincerity in his father's eyes as he talked to him. Before Harry knew it, he had made it to where he was standing in front of his father.


“I am so sorry for the way I have treated you this past year," Severus sincerely spoke.

A small smile began to creep up the corner of Harry's mouth. He apologized, Harry thought. Maybe he really does want me. He apologized. That's more than Uncle Vernon or Aunt Petunia ever did.

"I accept your apology."

That made Severus' day. He smiled. A big smile that almost went to his eyes. He pulled Harry to his chest and wrapped his arms around his son and hugged him.

Harry was shocked. Not only did his Professor smile and his face didn't brake into a million of pieces, but he also hugged him. He hugged him! It felt so good to be in a strong embrace. Harry felt like nothing could ever hurt him as long as he was in his father's arms. He never thought it was possible!

Harry wrapped his arms around his dad's neck and hugged him back.

After Severus broke away from the hug, he smiled at Harry. Harry smiled right back.

"Now do you have any questions?" Severus asked lightly

Harry nodded. Severus ignored the nonverbal response and motioned for him to continue.

Harry took a small breath to build his courage up. He then he looked at Severus and asked, "What should I call you?"

"Well what do you feel comfortable calling me right now?" Severus asked gently

Harry shrugged.

Severus sighed "Well how about this. Since everything is still new for you why don't you just call me Severus for now. And when you are comfortable you can call me dad, or father whatever you like best."

Harry smiled "Alright."

A knock on the door got their attention.

Severus stood up and walked over to the door. Harry sat back down on the couch. Severus opened it and found that it was Albus. Opening the door further, he allowed the Headmaster entry to his chambers. Once he was in and Severus closed the door, he sat back down, but instead of taking the chair that he was originally in, he sat down beside his son.

Albus sat down in the chair that Severus vacated. He cleared his throat to get both wizard's attention.

"I assume that you two have spoken about the situation?" Albus eyes twinkled madly at the sight before him.

Harry nodded. Severus said, "Yes we have."

Albus nodded his head and smiled, "Good. Harry, my boy, would you like to go flying?"

Harry smiled excitedly. He looked up at his dad. Severus nodded he head and Harry jumped up from his seat.

“You will find your broom in the Gryffindor locker room. Have fun.”

Harry yelp in glee and headed for the door. Albus felt the need to set some rules for Harry since no one will be with him while he would be flying.

"But do not,” Albus began, causing Harry to stop in his tracks and face the adults in the room. “I repeat, do not do any outlandish tricks. I don't think you would like to go to the Hospital Wing so soon after getting out of school."

Harry sighed, he really wanted to try out this new stunt he made up yesterday. Albus heard the sigh and chuckled.

"Always the dare devil, aren’t we?" Albus asked chuckling still.

Harry walked towards the door.

Albus remembered, Harry still didn't agree to the no stunt rule, "Harry, you did not answer me." Albus' voice losing the light chuckling that it once had.

Harry sighed again as his hand touched the doorknob.

“Harry.”

Harry could hear the sternness in his father's voice. He just got his father and he didn't want to make him angry on the first day. He apologized and everything.

"Yes, sir. I won't do any stunts." The last thing he wanted was to get in trouble before he even got a chance to even fly. 'But what they don't know can't hurt them.' Harry thought to himself mischievously.

Harry opened up the door and as he walked out. He heard Albus yell after him that he wasn't joking.

After Harry was gone, Albus turned to Severus and studied his face for a bit.

"How did it go?" Albus asked gently

Severus sighed, "He didn't take me having the Dark Mark well. I explained it to him and he calmed down. I think it went pretty well. I mean, it could have been a lot worse."

Albus' eyes were twinkling madly. Severus shook his head at that.

"He is going to call me by my first name for a while until he is comfortable with calling me dad or whatever he wants to call me. I will go over what I expect of him later. Now, I just let him enjoy his summer away from those relatives of his."

Albus nodded his head again "That's a good idea. That boy worries me a lot. I think between you and him that's where I got most of my white hair."

Severus snorted, "I thought you had it for a while."

Albus glared at him, "Watch it Severus Tobias. You're the boy's father, Merlin only knows you'll have gray hair pretty soon."

Severus gasped "Never!"

Albus chuckled "Yes, you will."

"No, I won't. I'll dye it." Severus said proudly

Albus snorted "Yeah, you'll dye it, all right. If Harry gets a hold of the dye while you aren't looking. He will most likely put pink dye inside."

Severus gasped in disbelief, "No, he wouldn't."

Albus smiled "He did it to his aunt before. Your son has a mischievous side to him. Arabella told me. He was seven, I think, and he wanted pay back for something. I don't know what it was, but I know that Petunia had lime green hair for a while. Quite funny if you think about it."

Severus chuckled at the sight of Petunia with Lime Green hair.

GGGGGGGG Out on the Quidditch Pitch GGGGGGG

Harry grabbed his broom and took flight into the air.

The wind blew Harry's hair around in different ways. He flew around the Gryffindor stand and dove straight down to the ground. He pulled up just in time so he wouldn't crash.

Harry soared around for a while just enjoying the feeling of freedom. He loved flying just as much as he loved Hedwig. Hedwig. Harry landed his broom and jumped off it to go see if she was in the Owlery.

Harry ran up the stone steps and walked in. As soon as he stepped in, his Snowy Owl swooped down and landed on his shoulder.

"Hey, girl," she pecked his finger to show her irritation that he didn't come sooner.

"I'm sorry girl. I have been busy, but I promise I will come and spend some time with you often," Harry said sincerely.

After a while in the Owlery, Harry bid his owl goodbye and walked back to the castle. It was lunch time and he didn't want to be late.

Harry walked to the Great Hall and noticed everyone else was already eating.

Albus and Severus looked up when the Great Hall doors open.

Harry looked up at the head table and saw that Severus had a look of relief cross his face, but then it went to a little agitated...maybe? He still couldn't tell with Severus.

Harry sat down next to his dad and started to fill his plate with food. He was oblivious to the look that Severus was giving him.

Severus cleared his throat to get Harry's attention, but to his annoyance Harry didn't seem to notice.

Minerva gave Severus a disgusted look, "Manners, Severus.”

Severus rolled his eyes and looked back at Harry.

"Harry," Severus said to get his attention

Harry looked up at his dad.

"Yes, sir?" Harry asked confused. He wondered what got him looking so upset.

"We went to go get you earlier and you weren't at the pitch. Care to explain where you were?" Severus asked calmly.

"I was at the Owlery. I had to check on Hedwig." Harry explained.

Severus closed his eyes, then he turned to Albus, "Why didn't we think to look there?"

Albus shrugged, "I guess it slipped my mind that he had a owl."

Minerva chuckled, "Things slip your mind a lot, Albus."

"Now, now be nice, or you won't be so lucky tonight." Albus said, jokingly

Harry dropped his fork and muttered, "Well, I just lost my appetite."

All the professors except Albus and Minerva laughed at what Harry said.

After lunch Harry went to help Hagrid plant pumpkin seeds in his patch. After that was done, they went to the Forbidden Forest, Hagrid wanted to show him a new animal he found.

As they were going through the forest Harry spoke up, "Uh Hagrid, is this uh animal dangerous?"

Hagrid stopped and smiled down at Harry. "Na, this is as gentle as a puppy."

Harry snorted. Knowing Hagrid, this could be anything from an actual puppy to a dragon.

They walked a little more until they came to a clearing. The meadow was huge with tons of wild flowers growing everywhere.

Hagrid pointed to a small animal in the middle of the meadow. They walked cautiously to it and stopped. Harry's eyes grew wide, right in front of him was a Tree Elf.

The Tree Elf smiled at them "Ekasssssa," the Tree Elf said firmly.

Hagrid nodded his head.

Harry looked up at Hagrid, "What did she say?"

Hagrid shrugged, "No idea, but ain't she beautiful!"

Harry's eyes grew big, "Uh, let's get out of here."

Hagrid reluctantly agreed and they headed back to the castle.

The rest of the day Harry spent it helping Professor McGonagall.

TBC

To be continued...
End Notes:
A/N: I just want you to know, before you send me emails and PM's about Severus' father being a Muggle and not a wizard, this story was written BEFORE “The Half-Blood Prince” was published. I didn't change it, because it worked with the story. There is really not much else mentioned about Severus' father after this. It was just to show Harry Severus' side of things.
I reiterate this story does NOT follow cannon and is completely AU.
Chapter 3: Addition and Punishment by mandancie

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

A special thanks to The Lonely God With a Box for beta'ing my story.

Warning: This chapter has CP in it. I'm giving you fair warning. No flamers, please.


Chapter 3: Addition and Punishment


After the many things that Harry learned the day before, today he just wanted to stay in the common room. He had always loved being with Hagrid, but his choices in pets left much to be desired. Not to mention that they were very dangerous. Though he did enjoy spending time with his Head of House that afternoon, at first he thought it was strange that Professor McGonagall wanted to spend time with him. It wasn't like he stayed in her office during the whole of last year. It was known that she was a strict disciplinarian, but spending time with the Transfiguration professor, he was beginning to see a different side to her. She almost had a grandmother feel about her.

Harry got up and walked down to the Common Room and sat on the couch across from the fireplace. It was really quiet and comfortable where he was sitting. To have the Common Room all to himself was a dream. Yeah, he missed his friends but he was enjoying the quiet as well.

His stomach started making those noises again. Growing up, he never knew what it meant and he knew that it would pass after awhile. Harry was much too comfortable on the couch. He debated on getting up or staying right where he was. He was leaning towards the latter when the portrait opened up.

Severus walked into the Common Room and saw his son curled up on the couch.

“What do you think you're doing?” Severus walked over towards Harry.

Harry looked up at his father and saw the anger in his eyes.

Oh no, what did I do? Harry thought slightly trembling.

Severus sat next to Harry on the maroon sofa.

“Did I not tell you yesterday that you are to eat every meal?” Severus voice was calmer when he first came into the Common Room. Harry just looked at his father and blinked. “I know you are hungry, Harry.”

Harry just shook his head. The same time his stomach decided to make those noises again. Severus sat back on the couch and pinched the bridge of his nose. He closed his eyes a little just to reign in his temper. He wasn't angry with his son, no. He was angry with those vile people he was living with. He could hear his son's protest for food, and obviously not know what that meant.

“Harry, I do believe you know how I feel about lying.”

“I'm not...” Harry started but was cut off by a Severus lifting his hand.

“I'm making a point. You are, in fact, hungry. I can hear it over here. But what breaks my heart is that you don't even know it. I believe that you believe you are not hungry, but your body is saying something else.

Harry face scrunched up. My body saying something else. Again there goes the noise. Oh that.

“You mean that noise?” Harry asked confused.

“Yes, child.”

“Oh, that happens all the time. It doesn't mean nothing.”

“Anything,” Severus absentmindedly corrected. “And yes it does. The fact that you do not know that makes me wonder what all you've been through in that house.”

Harry put his head down. He was met by two fingers under his chin lightly forcing his head up. Harry looked up at his father.

“Harry, listen to me,” Severus' voice was low, but he knew his son could hear him. “There are a lot of things that you have to learn, and eating three meals a day is one of them. You must learn that you are allowed to eat.”

Harry blinked at his father. I'm allowed to eat, that re-played over and over in his head.

“Now,” Severus' voice was a little sterner. “If you skip your meals again, you will be punished.”

Harry's eyes got wide at hearing that. Punished. No. No no no no.

Severus could see the panic rising in his son's eyes. He knew he had to explain himself soon.

“Harry, listen to me,” Severus let go of the boy's chin and gripped his shoulders. “I will never abuse you. What you lived through was abuse. There is a big difference between spanking a child and abusing them.”

Harry's fear still did not lessen. He was hearing the words his father was talking about, but it still was not registering.

“I will never punch or kick you,” Severus continued, remembering what he witnessed when he removed the child from his relatives. “I will never humiliate you by spit upon you. If you do ever warrant a spanking, you will only feel my hand on your behind. Once the spanking had been administered, you will be forgiven. There will never be a surprise of a punishment. You will be aware of what you are expected to do and the repercussions if you do not follow the rules.”

He stopped to let everything he just said sink in for Harry. He noticed Harry's breathing calmed somewhat, so that let Severus know that he was listening. Severus continued.

“Now, as far as eating, like I said you will come to the Great Hall for all of your meals. If I have to find you, like today, not only will you be escorted to the Great Hall, but you will also receive five smacks for your disobedience.”

Harry listened to everything his father said. He never had an adult explain a punishment to him before. After everything his father said, the last thing he want was to receive a spanking. His ears burned with embarrassment just thinking about a spanking. He just got a father and the last thing he wanted was to make him so angry he sends him back to his uncle.

“Harry, come here,” Severus said opening his arms.

Harry got up and stood in front of Severus, standing in between his knees. Severus pulled his son into an embrace. He could see the worry in his son's face.

“Harry, I will always love you. I will punish you if you're naughty, but know that throughout and after said punishment, I will still love you.”

“Yes, sir,” Harry said, not really believing what was said. He just knew he had to be careful not to make his father angry.

Severus could hear the hesitation and unbelief in his son's voice. He just knew that this was something that he could not just tell him, he would have to show him.

Another rumble in Harry's stomach brought the two wizards out of their own minds. Severus lightly patted Harry's bum.

“Alright, lets go get you something to eat.”

Harry turned his head in his father's shoulder to hide his smile then stood up. The two wizards left the Gryffindor Common Room and headed for the kitchens.

______0000_________0000________0000_________0000_______0000______0000____000_______

Albus was sitting in his office, when the fireplace lit green and a blonde-headed man stepped through.

“Lucius,” Albus greeted.

“Dumbledore,” Lucius said. “We need to talk.”

Albus waved his hand to the chair in front of his desk. The blonde-headed man sat down and the two talked.

_________00000____________0000_____0000_________0000__________0000__________000____

Severus knew there was more to tell Harry, but after his reaction towards hearing how he doled out punishments, he was a little wary of telling him the rest. He knew he would have to especially before school resumed this fall.

“Harry, there is something else I must tell you,” Severus started.

Harry looked up at his father between bites of his snack. He tried to read his father's face to gauge what he was about to say, but couldn't get anything.

“There is someone...” Severus started

“Ah, there you two are,” Minerva said, walking into the kitchen.

“Good morning, Professor,” Harry said. A smile graced his lips seeing his Head-of-House enter the kitchens.

“More like 'Good Afternoon,' wouldn't you say, Harry?” Minerva said, sitting next to Harry at the table. “And why are you here?”

“Well, it seems that Harry decided to skip breakfast this morning,” Severus answered and Harry lowered his head, blushing.

A pair of fingers under his chin and raised his head. Harry looked into the eyes of his Head-of-House.

“It is very important that you eat, Harry.” Minerva said.

“Yeah,” Harry answered. “Dad told me already.”

Severus couldn't help the swell of pride and joy that filled his body hearing his son call him 'dad' for the first time. Minerva looked at Severus then back at Harry.

“Know this, Harry Potter,” Minerva said. “You are no longer alone. You have both Severus and me as well as Albus here for you now.”

Harry slightly frowned at the name. Potter. He had grown to love James Potter since he believed that was his father but now that he knows that his Potion Professor is really his father, he knew his name would change.

“Harry,” Severus asked. “What is it?”

“Now, that we know we're father and son, does my name change?”

A small smile graced the potion master's lips. “Yes, Harry, it does, but it would be a rather long name.”

“Really,” Harry lit up looking at his father now. “What will it be?”

Severus and Minerva exchanged glances.

“Your name would be Harry James Severus Potter Snape-McGonagall.”

Harry's eyes widen at the length of the name, but pure shock laced his face when he heard the last name. McGonagall? He looked from his dad to his Head-of-House.

“That's what I was going to tell you, before she came in,” Severus said. “After my father forced me to become a Death Eater, and I turned spy, Minerva adopted me.”

“So,” Harry said looking at Minerva. “That means you're like my grandmother?”

Harry got up and went to his new grandmother and wrapped his arms around her neck. This shocked Minerva for a second before her arms wrapped around the small boy's body. Harry could not believe his luck, first he learned that he has a father, now he just learned that he now has a grandmother as well. This day just got better. Nothing could ruin the pure happiness that Harry was feeling right now.

_______0000____________0000____________0000___________0000__________0000___________

Lucius left the Headmaster's office. Albus was looking very concern. He didn't like the way things were going. He knew he would have to talk with his Potions Master and Transfiguration Professor before the night was out. He sent out a patronus for his two Head-of-Houses to meet him in his office.

Harry finished his food and the three of them were leaving the kitchen when the patronus showed itself.

“Harry, why don't you go fly or spend the day with Hagrid?” Minerva said. “Be back for supper, okay?”

“Yes, ma'am,” Harry said rushing off before they changed their minds and had him work.

Minerva smiled at the boy and the two walked to the Headmaster's office to see what the problem was.

_____0000__________0000__________0000_______000_______0000_________0000_______00___

Harry pushed off the ground to take flight. He really liked Hagrid, but after going into the forest and not knowing what they were seeing, Harry thought twice about going to visit Hagrid. He didn't want to get in trouble with his dad and make him angry for going into the forest. While the wind blew through his hair, Harry thought about everything that was said that day. He wanted to try and see what would happened if he referred to Professor Snape as dad. Even thought he didn't see his dad's face, he could tell that he was proud of him. It was a wonderful feeling and Harry knew he didn't ever want that feeling to ever change. After flying for about an hour, Harry decided to go and check on Hedwig again. As he walked thought the hallway, heading towards the Owlery, his thoughts wandered to the fact that not only did he have a dad, he now had a grandmother as well. Once he reached the Owlery, Harry petted and talked with Hedwig. He told her everything that has happened this morning. Harry spent the rest of the afternoon in the Owlery happy and content.

_______0000_________0000__________000_______0000______000_______0000______000______

It was well after supper time began when Minerva and Severus left Albus' office. They did not like hearing what was going on with the Death Eaters. Even though Severus didn't spy anymore, that didn't mean he wasn't affected. His best friend was now a spy for the light. He didn't like the fact that Lucius took that role, especially with Narscissa and his godson, Draco, in the middle. Now that there were threats going on about potential spies in the ranks, his worry became tenfold for Lucius and his family. Even thought Albus assured them that all will be well, Severus still had his doubts.

As the pair walked to the Great Hall for supper, Minerva tried to ease her son's mind about his best friend. When they walked into the Hall, the first thing Severus noticed was there was not a messy-haired boy sitting at the table.

“I don't believe this,” Severus raged. He turned and headed out of the Hall. Minerva was right behind him.

“Severus,” she called out. Her voice was just as stern as his. He turned and faced her. “You will calm down. I will go and find Harry. You will go to your chambers.”

“But I warned him about skipping meals.”

“Yes, and he will be dealt with, but you are upset about Lucius and if you need to deal with Harry you need to have a cool head. Now go to your chambers and wait for him. I will send him there when I find him.”

Severus gave a curt nod and headed for his chambers in the dungeons. Minerva headed down the hall in search of her grandson.

Harry woke up leaning on the steps of the Owlery. Hedwig still sitting on his shoulder. He didn't even realize that he'd fallen asleep. When he looked outside and saw that it was dark, he knew he was in big trouble. Quickly, Harry got up and put Hedwig back and then ran down the stairs to get to the Great Hall before his dad came looking for him.

How stupid could he be? His dad just warned him about skipping meals. He couldn't believe he fell asleep. Now his dad was going to be angry and now his new family would hate him and probably send him away. His throat burned with tears as he ran down the hall. When he turned the corner, he bumped into somebody and fell back on the floor. When he saw who he bumped into he couldn't help the tears that started streaming down his face.

“Mr. Potter, where have you been?” Minerva asked.

“I...I fell a....asleep,” Harry gasped out standing back up, his head lowered.

He knew she was angry at him, and he could feel her staring at him. What he didn't expect was arms wrapping around his shoulders and bringing him into an embrace.

“Come,” Minerva said. “Let's wash your face before you go to your father.”

They walked down the hall and headed to her chambers. Once in there, she escorted him to the bathroom where she sat him on the closed toilet seat. She wet a flannel at the sink and then sat on the edge of the tub next to Harry and wiped his tears. He cried harder when she began wiping his tears. She got up picked Harry up and sat down on the seat and placed Harry on her lap.

“Come now, Harry,” she said rocking back and forth. “Whatever it is, it can't be this bad.”

With the tears flowing, he couldn't even catch his breath to talk. He just snuggled down more in his grandmother's chest. He figured if this was going to be the last time that he would be here, he might as well absorb all the love he could before he was sent back.

“He's going to send me back,” Harry sobbed.

“Who is going to send you back?”

“Pro...professor. I made him mad.”

“Oh, Harry,” Minerva just tightened her hold of the boy. “Severus loves you. You will never be sent back by him. He has his son back now. He will never give you up or send you back.”

“But I messed up,” Harry lifted his head off of his grandmother and looked at her. His tear-washed eyes were red.

“Yes, you did,” Minerva said. “And you will probably mess up again, but that doesn't mean it's the end of the world.”

They sat there for a few minutes. Minerva knew she needed to send Harry to his father, but two things needed to happen first. One, Severus needed to calm down and second, she needed to reassure Harry that he would not be going back again to those horrid people he once called relatives. Harry finally calmed down enough for her to let go. He knew he still had to face his punishment.

They walked out of the bathroom and towards the fireplace. Harry looked at her and then back at the fire.

“This will send you straight to your father,” Minerva said as she lit the fireplace. “The fireplaces here are connected, so this will take you to his chambers.”

She threw the floo powder, and putting her hand on Harry shoulder, she coaxed in towards the green flames, then yelled out 'Severus' chambers.'

Harry stepped through the fire, half expecting to be burned to a crisp. But when he stepped through, the flames didn't hurt or burn him and the next thing he knew, he was standing his his father's chambers again.

______0000________0000___________0000________0000____________00000______0000_______

Severus knew he needed to calm down. He wasn't really angry with Harry, but rather, he was just worried about his friend and when he saw that Harry was not in the Great Hall, it became too much. Coming down to his chambers and having a cup of tea calmed him down. After a while, his floo flared up and he saw his son emerge through the flames.

Severus sat down on in the middle of the couch.

“Come here, Harry.”

Harry slowly walked over to his father and stood in front of him. His heart was beating so hard he thought it would come out of his chest.

Severus could tell that Harry was nervous about what was about to happen, so he thought it best to just get it over with so that it would be behind them.

“Harry,” Severus voice wasn't harsh or mean. “I have explained to you the importance of you eating every meal, have I not?” Harry nodded. “A verbal answer, son.”

“Yes, sir,” Harry lowered his head looking at his shoes.

Severus reached up and put his finger under his son's chin and lifted it.

“Eyes up, son,” Severus said. “Now, I warned you what would happen if you missed a meal, haven't I?”

“Yes, sir,” Harry's voice was no more than a whisper from the large lump in his throat.

“Lay across my lap,” Severus ordered.

Harry's eyes got wide before resigning to his fate of his punishment. Harry, with the help of his dad, removed his glasses and laid across his father's lap. Severus could feel his son trembling. He wrapped one arm around his son's small waist, steeled his heart and raised his hand to administer the spanking.

SMACK. SMACK. SMACK. SMACK. SMACK.

As promised, only five were administered. Severus placed his hand on the small of his sobbing son's back and rubbed soothing circles on his back to calm him down. After a few more minutes he noticed that Harry wasn't calming down. This started to worry Severus. He picked up the child and righted him on his lap and wrapped his still sobbing son in his arms.

“Calm down, Harry,” Severus soothingly said, rubbing circles on his back. “All is forgiven. I love you.”

Harry pulled his arms loose from his father's grasp and wrapped them around his neck.

“You won't send me back?” Harry sobbed in his father's neck.

Severus' brow creased at what he just heard. Send him back? Why would I ever do that?

“No,” Severus said tightening his hold. “I will never send you back. You are my son. And you will stay with me.”

“I'm sorry, daddy.”

“It's okay, son. You are forgiven.”

They sat there until exhaustion swept over Harry and he fell asleep in his father's arms. Severus just sat on the couch with his son in his arms. Severus accio'd a quilt and wrapped his sleeping son in the covers while they sat there.

The floo flared again and Minerva emerged from the flames. She saw her son and grandson on the couch and a smile graced her lips.

“How did it go?” Minerva asked sitting in the chair next to the couch.

“Alright,” Severus answered.

“Why don't you put him to bed, Severus?”

Severus looked down at the sleeping child in his arms, and he couldn't bring himself to let him go just yet.

“No,” Severus shook his head. “Not yet.”

Minerva softly chuckled as she stood back up. She walked over to Severus and cupped his face.

“Get some sleep,” She turned and walked back to the fireplace. “I'll see you two in the morning.”

With a flash of green, she was gone, and father and son were alone again.

TBC


To be continued...
Chapter 4: Malfoy Problem by mandancie

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

A special thanks to The Lonely God With a Box for beta'ing my story.

I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

Chapter 4: Malfoy Problem

Harry woke up in a strange room. The last thing he remembered was coming to his dad's chambers last night. His ears began to burn with embarrassment when he remembered how he acted from receiving those few smacks. It was nothing like what he got from his relatives, but still he cried like a baby in his father's arms. Even through his embarrassment, a small smile graced his lips when he thought back on what his dad said. 'I will never send you back. You are my son. And you will stay with me.'

Harry sat up in the bed, reaching for his glasses that laid on the nightstand next to the bed, and looked around the room. He got up and found his shoes that were at the foot of the bed. Putting them on, Harry slowly walked over of the door. Placing his ear at the door, he wanted to know if his dad was up. The last thing he wanted was to get in trouble for wandering around. Not hearing anything, Harry opened his door and walked out of the room. Stepping out into the hallway, Harry could hear hushed voices in the other room. Not knowing who was talking, Harry took a deep breath and slowly made the trek down the hallway towards the sitting room. When he got to the doorway, he did not like what he saw. His heart began to race as he looked at who were sitting on the couch and chair.

“Potter!”

The two blonde headed figures, one older than the other, looked at Harry standing in the doorway. The older of the two stood up.

“Well,” Lucius sneered. “Potter, you say, son?”

“Yes, father,” Draco beamed at his father.

Lucius walked over to Harry. “What are you doing here, Potter?”

“I-I need to find the Professor,” Harry said, trying to steady his breathing. Draco was not a problem for Harry, but Harry did not like the older blonde. It was something about Lucius that didn't sit well with Harry. He began sidestepping towards the door as Lucius closed in on him. Before Lucius could even get any closer towards Harry, Harry rushed out of the door and down the corridor.

Severus was in his labs gathering several potions that Lucius would require for his assignment when he felt the warding from his chambers going off that someone either left or came in. Stepping out of his personal labs, Severus noticed that the door to Harry's room was opened. Shaking his head at his miscalculations of how long he would be gathering the potions and Harry waking up, Severus did not want Harry to be alone when he saw who he was entertaining. Stepping into the sitting room, Severus walked over to Lucius.

“Here,” Severus handed the phials over. “These should help you and Narcissa.”

“Thank you, my friend,” Lucius pocketed the phials. “I need another favor from you, Severus.”

“Anything,” Severus said.

“Watch Dragon today,” Lucius said. “I don't want him anywhere near the Manor today.”

“Sure,” Severus nodded then faced his godson. “Draco, why don't you go to the Great Hall and get some breakfast?”

Draco, not liking that he was being dismissed without his father bringing up Potter and why he was there, sulked on the couch.

“Dragon,” Severus' tone became sterner. “I will not ask you again.”

With an exacerbated sigh, Draco got up from the couch and headed towards the door. One more glance at his father and godfather, Draco tuned and left the chambers.

Potter will pay for this, Draco fumed as he walked up to the Great Hall. Why does that Scar-head always have to be catered to? It's Summer hols. It should be Potter free, Draco thought as he walked towards the Great Hall.

“So,” Lucius said with a smirk. “Is there something you want to tell me?” Lucius sat back down in the chair he previously was occupying.

Severus smirked at his friend as he sat down on the couch.

_______0000_________0000_________0000_________0000_________0000________0000_____000

Harry walked up the stairs heading towards the Great Hall. Once he got inside, he saw his grandmother sitting at the table. Harry couldn't help the smile on his face when she saw him walking through the door and winked at him. As he walked towards the table, he saw that she was making a place next to her for him to sit. Harry walked a little faster to sit down next to his now grandmother.

“Good Morning, Harry,” Albus greeted.

“Morning, Headmaster,” Harry said, sitting down next to Minerva.

“How did you sleep?” Minerva asked as she spooned eggs on Harry's plate.

“It was good,” Harry said, reaching for a piece of toast to butter it.

Everyone was in their own little conversations when the doors to the Great Hall opened. Harry, thinking his dad was coming up, let his face fell when he saw Draco walking in the Hall. It was one thing to have to deal with the ferret when he was in school, but it was something totally different when it was during the summer. But the last thing he wanted to happen was that he get in trouble with his dad. As Draco walked towards the only table in the Hall, Harry got it in his head that he would stay clear away from Draco so that he would not get in trouble.

Can't get in trouble if they weren't together, Harry thought as he ate the last of his toast.

“Well isn't this a wonderful surprise?” Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eyes. “Come eat, Mr. Malfoy.”

Knowing his manners even though he didn't want to be there, Draco looked at the Headmaster and the other Professors. “Good Morning.”

“Come sit,” Dumbledore held out his hand to the empty chair across from him.

Harry tried his best to keep his gaze on his plate. It wouldn't do good if he and Malfoy began fighting in front of all the Professors.

“Harry,” Albus bringing Harry out of his musing. “Why don't you and Draco walk the grounds after breakfast?”

Well, staying away from Malfoy just went out the window, Harry thought. “Yes, sir.”

After breakfast the two teens headed out to the grounds. Neither really wanted to be in the company of the other, but they figured they should just make the best of it.

“Anything you want to do?” Harry asked.

“Not with you,” Draco bit back.

Harry gritted his teeth to keep from responding. The last thing Harry wanted was to get in trouble. His dad said he would never take him back to his relatives, but that didn't mean he wanted to test that theory. With a big sigh, Harry looked around. He saw something that put a smile on his face. He figured even the ferret couldn't pass up a chance at this. Quidditch.

“You want to chase around the snitch?” Harry asked, not even looking at Draco.

Draco followed Harry's gaze and saw the Quidditch field. A small smile graced Draco's face for just a moment.

“Sure,” Draco said. “But we'll use the brooms in the Slytherin's locker room. I don't trust you.”

Harry sighed, shrugged his shoulders, then followed Draco towards the Slytherin's locker room. They walked in silence the rest of the way there. When they got to the locker room, Draco went into the broom cupboard and pulled out a broom and walked passed Harry. Harry again shrugged his shoulders and went and got a broom for himself. He then walked over to the Gryffindor's locker room and got the snitch from the gaming chest. After a few minutes both boys were in the air.

For a short time, the two teens were in the air both of them actually having fun. Neither acted on their hatred for the other. Once one caught the snitch they would let it go and start all over. Things was actually going wonderfully when the make-shift game came to a tie.

Draco holding the snitch in his hand. “Alright, Scar-head, this will be the winning play.”

“What are you talking about?” Harry asked.

“We're tied in the score,” Draco began, smugly. “So who ever catches the snitch will win.”

“Fine,” Harry sighed. “Be prepared to lose, Malfoy.”

“Not on your life, Potter.”

With that said, both teens took off after the snitch. Both flying almost neck and neck with each other. But Harry being more of a natural on a broom, not to mention him practicing with a snitch during team practices and games, Harry was just a little better.

Within moments, Harry was gripping the snitch around his small hand screaming and whooping in glee. He won. With a huge grin on his face, Harry turned and looked at the blonde boy flying up next to him.

“You cheated!”

“Did not.”

Draco quickly descended to the ground and got off his broom, heading back towards the Slytherin locker room. Harry looked after the blonde boy and the followed Draco down to the ground.

Once Harry made his way back to the Slytherin's Locker room, Draco was just leaving bumping his shoulder against Harry's chest.

Harry, rubbing his chest where Draco hit him, walked into the cupboard to put his broom back. While leaning it against the far wall like he found it, he heard the door close and latch. Rushing towards the door, Harry started banging on the door.

“Malfoy! Malfoy! Help! Somebody get me out of here!” Harry yelled, banging his heart out on the door. Putting his ear to the door, Harry listened for any signs of life on the other side. While trying to stay quiet to hear, the only thing that Harry could hear was his body making that noise again. Tears began to burn the back of his throat because he remembered that his dad said that that was the sounds of his body telling him that he was hungry and it was time to eat.

Harry knew it had been a couple of hours since he eaten breakfast, and now realizing that he was hungry that meant that they were flying all morning. Another scary thought entered Harry mind. He could hear his father's voice just a clear in his mind; If I have to find you, like I did today, not only will you be escorted to the Great Hall, but you will receive five smacks for your disobedience. Harry remembered the spanking he received just yesterday and even though it only hurt for a short while it was something that he didn't want to have to endure so soon after.

Another more scarier thought entered Harry's mind; what if his dad finally saw what a burden he truly was?

“Dad!” Harry yelled with more enthusiasm. “Please, Dad! Help me. Don't send me away.”

Sobs could be heard on the other side of the door. Sobs of a brokenhearted boy.

______0000__________0000_________0000___________0000_______0000_______0000_________

Draco walked into the castle with a smug look on his face. Heading towards the Great Hall for lunch, knowing he would not be seeing that Potter brat while he ate, put a smile on his face and a spring in his step. He practically skipping into the Great Hall. He noticed all the Professors were in attendance for lunch. Seeing his godfather talking with his dad was surprising. He thought his dad would already be gone.

Remembering his manners, Draco calmed down and sat down quietly at the end of the table. He began filling his plate.

Severus looked up when he heard the doors to the Hall open. Seeing his godson walking inside with a smile on his face sent a small glint of pride in him. He was always proud of his godson and loved to see the child smile. The warm feeling quickly changed when he noticed that Draco was alone. Albus told him, when he reached the Great Hall for breakfast, that Harry and Draco left together to walk the grounds. Where was Harry?

“Dragon,” Severus called to his godson. “Where's Harry?”

Draco looked up at his godfather, shrugged his shoulders. “I left the Quidditch pitch before him. I don't know.”

Severus' eyes narrowed. “Did he say where he was going afterward?”

Draco shook his head as he took a bit from his lunch. “Maybe he went to see his bird. He's always in the Owlery with his friends,” he sneered the last part of that statement.

Severus remembered the first night that Harry was in fact with his owl when they were searching for him. Severus excused himself from the table and left the Great Hall. Draco watched with a small hint of dread for he knew that Harry wasn't in the Owlery, but after thinking about it, maybe Harry would get in trouble even more. A small smirk graced the teen's mouth as he continued to eat his lunch.

Just as Severus was walking towards the door, a snowy white owl came flying into the room. Severus, as well as the other Professors, recognized the owl as to being Harry's. Panic and anger began to fill Severus chest. The Potion master watched as the owl landed next to his mother. Minerva and Severus exchanged glances as he rushed back towards the table.

When Severus got to the table, Minerva looked at her son.

“I got Harry a surprise,” Minerva looked puzzled as did everyone else. If Hedwig was here, then where was Harry?

Severus quickly turned to his godson.

“Where is my son?” Severus voice laced with anger.

“Son?” Draco's surprise was apparent on his face.

Severus' patience was thinning at the lack of his godson's answering him. Severus towered over his godson. “Where is he?”

Fear in his eyes at the anger that was coming from his godfather, Draco gulped. “I-I left him at the Qu-quidditch pit.”

Severus, not seeing any deception in his godson's words, rushed out of the Great Hall, not hearing his mother call out his name. There was only one thing on Severus' mind; finding his son.

___0000________0000________000_______0000____________0000__________0000_______0000_

Harry's pleas, though softer, didn't stop. His chest hurt. Not from the hit that Draco gave him, but from the fact that he would lose his dad and grandmother. He just got them and the last thing he wanted was to lose them. He loved them. They had done more for him than his relatives ever did. Thinking back on the past school year, yeah, his Potions Professor was mean, but he did save his life, twice. Professor McGonagall was always nice to him. Yeah, when he got in trouble she was just as mean, if not scarier, than his Potions professor, but she never hurt him.

“Dad,” Harry sobbed as he lowered himself down to the floor by the door. Pulling his knees up to his chest and wrapping his arms around them, he began to cry in his arms. “Please don't send me away.”

_________0000___________0000___________0000_________00000___________0000______00___

Severus ran down to the Quidditch field and looked around. There was no sign that anyone was around. As he started to walk around the field, he noticed that the snitch was still flying around. Pulling out his wand, Severus steered the snitch towards his hands. Once he got the tiny ball in his hand, he switched it off and placed it in his pocket. Walking around again, Severus decided to check the locker rooms. He started in the Gryffindor's, when he found no signs of his son, he checked Slytherin's.

When he walked inside the locker room, just like Gryffindor's, there was nothing out of place. Sighing, Severus turned to leave when he faintly heard something. Bringing out his wand and casting sonitus amplificarum charm, Severus could hear the heartbroken sobs of his son. Quickly canceling the charm, he called out.

“Harry.”

Severus rushed over towards the cupboard. When trying to open the door, he noticed that the door was magically locked. Once again, bringing out his wand, casting an unlocking charm, Severus opened the door. What he saw completely broke his heart. Sitting on the floor was his son curled up in a small ball.

“Harry,” Severus' voice was low and soothing. “Harry, it's me.”

Severus knelt down next to his son. Putting his hand on Harry's shoulder, he wasn't prepared for what happened next.

Harry looked up as soon as he felt a hand on his shoulder. When he saw his dad kneeling next to him, just as quickly as he could, he launched himself onto Severus.

Not prepared to have a small child collide with him, Severus fell onto the floor. Harry wrapped his arms around his dad's neck and cried in his shoulder. Pulling his son closer towards his chest and wrapping his arms around Harry, he never again wanted to know the feelings that he experienced when he didn't know where Harry was. He was never as scared as he just was. Now having his son in his arms, he knew he would never let his son go again.

“It's alright, Harry,” Severus soothed out rubbing calming circles on his son's back. “I'm here now. You're fine. You're safe.”

Shaking from his sobbing, Harry shook his head in his father's neck. Severus could feel his son saying something, but he couldn't understand him from his crying and that he face was against his neck.

“Calm down, son,” Severus tried to soothe his son.

Severus put his hands on either side of Harry so that he could pull him away from his neck so that he could understand what Harry was trying to say. As he tried to remove the child, his grip tightened around his neck.

“I'm sorry, dad,” turning his head away from his dad's neck, but not letting go. “Please don't send me away. It wasn't my fault. I won't be a burden any more. I'll come and eat. I promise. Just don't send me back. I was trying to get out of here, but the door was locked and I couldn't leave. I don't want another spanking, but don't send me away. I'm sorry. I can do better. I won't fall asleep. I won't play Quidditch. I'll be good. Please don't send me back to them.”

Harry turned his head back into his father's neck and his sobbing was back in full force again. Severus was completely dumbstruck by what he just heard just held his son. It was never in his thoughts to send Harry back. But the one thing that confused him more than anything was his confession of falling asleep.

Severus, realizing that Harry wasn't letting him go, awkwardly got up from the floor. Once he was standing with his son against his chest, Harry wrapped his legs around Severus' waist. Severus, still rubbing his son's back and saying soothing words in his ear, began the trek back up to the castle. By the time he got to the castle, Harry was asleep in his arms. He was met by Minerva, Lucius and a teary eyed Draco.

“How is he?” Minerva asked, placing her hand on her grandson's back.

“He's asleep, now,” Severus whispered.

He looked over at his friend and his godson. By the looks of Draco's face, Severus knew that he just received a spanking from his father. Raising an eyebrow at his godson, Draco knew the unasked question.

“I locked Harry in the cupboard.” Draco's voice was thick with tears.

“Since you have to stay at the castle tonight,” Severus began, “you will stay with Professor McGonagall.”

Draco was about to protest, but quickly changed his tune at the look he was receiving from his godfather.

“Now, I think you need to go to the library and stay there until either I or Professor McGonagall comes for you.”

Draco's shoulders sagged. “Yes sir.” Draco turned and headed up the stairs leaving the adults alone.

“I'm sorry about this, Severus,” Lucius sighed.

“Don't,” Severus stopped his friend. “You have other things that you have to take care of. I want you to have your mind on your task. I'll take care of Dragon.”

Lucius nodded, patted Severus on the shoulder, nodded towards Minerva, then turned and left out of the castle. Severus and Minerva watched Lucius leave. Once he was out of sight, Severus looked at his mother.

“We need to talk,” Severus turned and headed towards the dungeons. The boy in his arms never stirred. Minerva followed Severus towards his chambers.

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 5: Make Mistakes by mandancie

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

A special thanks to The Lonely God With a Box for beta'ing my story.

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 5: Make Mistakes

Draco walked up the stairs, albeit slowly, towards the library. Even though his father spanked him for what happened, what hurt Draco more was the disappointed and angry look on his godfather's face. He has seen his godfather look like that towards many people. One of them being the ingrate in his godfather's arms.

How could he love Potter more than me? Draco thought. I was here first. And now Potter is ruining everything. Uncle Sev was his and no one else's. Tears streaming down the small child's face. Once Draco made it to the library, he walked in and sat at at the nearest table. He plopped down in a chair and put his head in his arms. Even though Draco was brought up not to show emotions in public, right now, he was just a small boy who was just chastised by his father and felt like he was shunned from his godfather. The only one in the library, Draco just cried.

_____0000__________0000_________00000________0000_________0000_______0000_______00_

Severus walked down to the dungeons with his son asleep in his arms. His heart just ached for his son. There was so much reassurance that he would have to give his son so that he would believe that he was never going back to those awful people again.

As he walked in silence, the only thing that continued to replay in his mind was the despondent cries of his son and his confession that he blurted out. I will not go to sleep again. That one statement made his stomach go into knots. Had he wrongly punish his son? He was no better than what those blasted relatives did to him.

Unconsciously, Severus tighten his hold on his son. Walking beside Severus, Minerva could see the mental struggle Severus was going through. When they got to his chambers, they both walked into the sitting room.

“Severus, why don't you put Harry in his bed?” Minerva asked, sitting in the chair closer towards the fireplace. She waved her wand and lit the logs in the hearth.

Severus thought about what his mother asked, but feeling his arms tighten even more around the child, he knew that he just couldn't put Harry down and walk away from him. So he walked over to the sofa and attempted to lay Harry down on it. Attempted being the operative word.

Severus, sitting down on one end of the couch and lowering himself with the child on the couch, was met with resistance when the child's back came into contact with the couch.

Harry began to wake. He tightened the hold he had on his dad in fear that he was rejecting him. He began to mewl and whine in his father's neck.

“It's okay, Harry,” Severus soothingly said. “I'm not going anywhere. We're just on the sofa. It's okay.”

Severus continued to speak softly and soothingly into his son's ear until he fell back asleep and his grip slackened enough for Severus to carefully pry his son's hands from his hair and robes. When he sat back up after successfully detaching from his son's grip, he was met with a worried looking Minerva.

Severus sat back on the couch with a sigh.

“What have I done?” Severus sighed.

Minerva brow creased at her son's question. “What do you mean, what you've done? You've done nothing to that child. It's what those blasted relatives done to him.”

Severus could see the anger in her eyes, but he knew once she heard what he'd done that anger would be geared towards him.

“I unjustly punished him,” Severus confessed.

“No, you didn't.”

“Yes, I did. Last night, when he missed dinner. I punished him for not being there, but I never asked him why he wasn't there. If I'd asked him, I would have learned that he had fallen asleep. He wouldn't have been late if he was awake.” Looking down at his son, who was still sleeping. “He was afraid I was going to spank him for not being at lunch. I don't want my son afraid of me.”

Severus wanted to get up and pace the room, but he just couldn't find the strength to leave his son's side even if he was asleep on the couch.

“I don't think that Harry's afraid of you, Severus. He just needs reassurance that you will always be there. It will take time, but Harry will learn that even if he gets in trouble that you will still be there. Mistakes will be made. You, yourself, are still learning how to be a father. And Harry is still learning that he will be loved through good times and bad times. And knowing the magnet that your son has for trouble there will be more opportunities for Harry to make mistakes and be punished for them. But he will learn that you won't be going anywhere once the punishment is over with.”

“But, him missing dinner yesterday,” Severus argued. “It wasn't all his fault.”

“Severus, had you known that Harry had fallen asleep would he still gotten a spanking?”

“Yes, but...”

“No buts. He would have still been punished.”

“But he thinks he received the punishment because he was asleep. He thinks he's going to be punished for flying his broom. Not because he missed the meal.”

“Then explain it to him. Let him know that it's alright for him to fall asleep, and to go flying, but he has to take responsibility in keeping up with the time. That he has to be in the Great Hall for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Just explain it to him. Reassure him that when he makes a mistake, and he will, that you will still be there. Mistakes are going to be made. It's what you learn from them that makes the difference. I tell you what, why don't you take Harry to Hogsmead for dinner. I'll have Draco, so don't worry about him. You and Harry need some bonding time. Let him rest for a little bit longer and then you spend the rest of the day with him. How does that sound?”

Severus, looking down at his son again, nodded.

“Good,” Minerva said standing up. “Now, I'm going to head to the library. There is someone who I must speak with.”

Minerva floo'ed out of Severus' chambers before he could even respond.

___000_____0000_________000___________0000_________000___________0000______0000____

Minerva stepped out of the hearth of the library and was met with the sounds of heartbreaking sobs. She walked through the library and found the source of the crying. There at the first table was Draco with his head down on the table, crying his little heart out. She knew that Lucius spanked him, but he was not this heartbroken when he was with both his dad and her while they waited for Severus to come back with Harry. So she knew that something more had to be bothering him.

“Dragon,” Minerva's voice was low.

Draco's head shot up and looked behind him. His face was tear-stained and red. He just looked completely broken.

“Dragon,” Minerva said again this time opening up her arms. Quickly, Draco got up from the seat and rushed into his Auntie's arms.

“Oh, Dragon,” Minerva soothed as she rubbed the child's back, slightly rocking. “It's not the end of the world. Everything will be alright.”

“He hates me, Auntie Minnie,” Draco sobbed out. His face buried in her robes.

“Who?”

“Uncle Sev,” Draco's voice hitched.

“No he doesn't,” Minerva soothed. “Yes, he may be disappointed, but he doesn't hate you. You're his Dragon.”

They stood there for another few minutes. When Minerva could feel that Draco was calming down, she suggested that they go to her chambers and he clean his face. They walked silently the entire way. Minerva knew that Draco would need some comforting, but she didn't think that he would need as much reassurance as Harry does, but finding him a sobbing mess in the library let her know that Draco was more upset about something than just a spanking. While Draco was in the bathroom cleaning his face, Minerva ordered tea and biscuits, and it was waiting on Draco when he came out of the bathroom. Minerva patted the couch next to her for Draco to sit down.

When Draco sat down, Minerva handed him a biscuit. A small smile came across Draco's lips. He always loved his tea times with his Aunt Minnie.

“Now,” Minerva asked sitting back on the couch. “You want to tell me what really bothering you?”

Draco feeling his rage and anger from this morning coming back almost to full force.

“Why does Potter always ruin everything?” Draco blurted out. “Summer is the one time where Houses don't matter. You're not Gryffindor, and I'm not Slytherin. You're my Auntie Minnie. And Uncle Sev is my godfather. Why is Potter always messing things up? HE SHOULDN'T BE HERE!” By the end of Draco's rant he was yelling and on his feet. His fists were clinched tightly, and his biscuit was long since forgotten crumbled up in his hand.

“Draco, calm down,” Minerva's voice was low, but stern.

“No! I will not. He's not suppose to be here!”

Minerva knew he was just venting, but he was on the borderline of being disrespectful, and she cared too much for your little snake to let him sink deeper and deeper.

Minerva stood up, grabbed Draco's arm and quickly turned her Dragon to the side and landed a firm swat on his behind. She was aware that he'd just received a spanking from his father, so the hit was not hard. Just enough to get his attention.

Draco yelped when he felt the swat. It surprised him more than hurt. Before he could even register that he'd been swatted, he was again standing face to face with his Aunt Minnie.

“Draco Lucius Malfoy, you will calm down this instant,” Minerva admonished.

Just like earlier, tears welled up in the pre-teen's eyes. Minerva stepped closer towards him and wrapped her arms around the child. For the second time, Draco sobbed into the green robes of his Aunt Minnie.

“Oh Dragon,” Minerva rubbed circles on his back as he cried. “You must learn to share.”

_______0000________0000________00000_________00000__________000000_______0000______

Severus paced around the living room, taking glances at his son, who was still asleep on the couch. Even though he knew his mother was probably right about the punishment, it still didn't make him feel better that he didn't even ask Harry why he didn't go to dinner before administering the spanking. As he paced the floor, his warding went off that one of his potions that he had on stasis was ready to be worked on. As much as he didn't want to leave his son's side, he knew he would have to work on that potion, so he walked back to his private lab.

Harry began to stir on the couch. He opened his eyes and realized he wasn't in the storage cupboard anymore. He sat up on the couch and recognized that he was back in his father's chambers. Looking around, he noticed that he was alone. He began to worry that maybe things were worse than he thought. He knew he was about to be punished for not being at lunch, so to make it easy for his dad, and to show him that he could still be a good son, Harry got up off the couch and started to remove his trousers. He unbuttoned his trousers and began to pull them down.

“What are you doing?”

The voice startled Harry as he quickly turned around. His hands still in the same place.

Severus walked out of his lab after he finished bottling up the potion. What he didn't expect to see when he walked back into the living room was Harry starting to get undressed.

“What are you doing, Harry?” Severus asked walking over to his son.

Harry was in a frozen state. He didn't expect his father to be right there, but what scared him more was that again he was doing something that was making his dad angry. Harry could only gape at his father.

Severus sat down in front of Harry, standing him in between his knees. He saw that he undid his trousers, and began to fasten them back.

“Harry,” his voice much softer. “What are you doing?”

Finding his voice, “I w-was....get...getting ready for my pun-punishemt.” Harry tried to keep his voice steady, but it didn't come out that way.

Severus looked up at his distraught child and pulled him into an embrace.

“You will not be punished, little one.”

“But,” Harry said melting into his father's arms. “I missed lunch. And I want to show you that I can be a good boy and take my punishments. I won't play....”

“You are a good boy,” Severus said cutting Harry off. He pulled Harry out until he was arms length and looked at his son. “I know that you couldn't make it to lunch. You had a very good reason not being able to come to lunch. You will not be punished for that.”

“But you came looking for me.” Harry said not understanding.

Severus sighed. He pulled Harry onto his lap and wrapped his arms around him.

“Harry listen to me. Did you lock yourself into that supply cupboard?” Harry shook his head. “Did you try to get out?” Harry nodded. “Well, you know what that tells me?”

Severus looked down at those beautiful green eyes of his son's.

“That tells me,” he continued, “that you knew that you were suppose to be somewhere and that you tried to get there, but because the door was locked, you couldn't. I will not punish you for that.”

“But...” Harry started to protest, but found two fingers on his lips.

“No,” Severus shook his head. “When I told you that, you were sitting in your Common Room just lazing about. Doing nothing. No one was keeping you there. That will earn you a spanking. But if you were tied up, figuratively speaking, then that's different. Understand?”

“Yes, sir,” Harry nodded.

“One more thing,” Severus said, lifting Harry's head so that they were looking at each other. “I want you to understand one more thing. You. Are. Mine. I will never send you away. You will not be going back to those vile people. I'm stuck with you, as you are stuck with me.”

A huge grin came across Harry's face.

“I love you, daddy.”

“I love you too,” Severus said tightening his hold.

TBC

A/N: Thank you to everyone that has favored, followed, and reviewed my story. :)

Many hugs and kisses to you all.

Mandancie :)

Please follow my Mandancie page on Facebook and Tumblr.

To be continued...
Chapter 6: Dinner at Hogsmead by mandancie
Author's Notes:
I would like to thank everyone for the condolences and prayers during this time in my life. I appreciate your patience in regards to my updating. Thank you so much!!

Chapter 6: Dinner at Hogsmead

Albus stepped through the Floo. He was surprised when he saw his 'grandson' laying on the couch, sleeping, with his head on Minerva's lap. Minerva, watching her love walk through the Floo, gave a sad smile when he noticed who else was in the room.

“What happened?” Albus asked, walking over towards the pair on the couch leaning over to kiss her before sitting in the matching chair next to them.

“Seems that we're dealing with a little green monster. Dragon wants his Godfather all to himself. He doesn't like the fact that Harry's here.”

Albus looked down at the sleeping child.

“What did he do?”

“He locked Harry in the Slytherin's Quidditch supply cupboard, causing Harry to miss lunch.”

“Oh, Draco,” Albus sighed.

“Lucius spanked him before he left, but I think it was Severus' reaction that hurt Dragon more than the few smacks that Lucius gave him.”

“Where are Severus and Harry?”

“In his chambers,” Minerva said. “But I don't think we should expect them to be at supper.”

“Why?”

“Poor, Severus,” Minerva shook her head at the memory. “He believes he punished Harry unjustly.” Albus looked confused at that admission, so Minerva began the tale of what happened between last night after they left his office and this afternoon.

“So, I suggested that he takes Harry out to Hogsmead for supper. After everything you've told me about what those relatives did to Harry, he needs a little reassuring that Severus will not send him back.”

Albus could not believe what he just heard. Draco began to wake up. He saw that he was laying on Minerva's lap and that they were not alone and he began to get embarrassed. Trying to rush and sit up, Draco was met with a hand on his shoulder keeping him laying down on Minerva's lap.

“Are you feeling better, Dragon?” Minerva soothingly asked.

“Yes, ma'am,” Draco's voice was stiff. Minerva could hear the embarrassment in the child voice. She couldn't help the small smile that graced her lips. She schooled her features as she removed her hand and allowed Draco to sit up. She didn't want the child to think that she was laughing at him. Albus had no such qualms. His eyes were twinkling madly as he saw the slight pink hue creep up Draco's face.

“Have a nice rest, Draco?” Albus asked.

“Yes, sir.”

Albus lifted his eyebrow at the title Draco used. Albus knew that during school time, he would have to keep under the title of Headmaster, but during Summer holidays he was no longer Headmaster, but Grandpa Albus.

“Sir?”

Draco put his head down. He knew why Albus questioned what he called him, but his embarrassment for having the man see him sleeping on his Auntie Minnie's lap was just too much. Not to mention the knowledge that his attitude towards her and Uncle Severus was certainly under discussion just moments before waking. .

“Come here, Draco.” Albus' voice was not the sweet Grandfatherly tone, but that of Headmaster.

Draco couldn't help the despair in his heart when Albus didn't call him 'Dragon.' The child stood up and walked over to Albus, a lump forming in the back of Draco's throat. Draco tried to swallow it back down, as he knew he had cried enough for today and didn't want to shed anymore tears, especially in front of Albus.

Draco stood in front of Albus and the older man pulled Draco closer so that he was standing between his knees.

“Now, Draco,” Albus said, not missing the small gasp that came from the child when he called him by his name. “You want to tell me why?”
“Sir?” Confusion laced in Draco's shaky voice.

“During the summer months you usually call me Grandpa. Why has it changed now?”

The lump in Draco's throat seemed to double in size. In the few short hours it seemed that everyone was angry with him. He felt that because of Potter, he had lost his godfather. His dad was angry and spanked him before he left. Auntie Minnie smacked him. The last thing he really wanted was to be shunned away from Grandpa, but it looked like that didn't work either.

“Dragon.”

Albus calling Draco by his nickname broke the floodgates to Draco's tears and he collapsed into Albus' arms.

“Now, now, Dragon,” Albus soothed. “There is no reason for all these tears. You know that I, your Auntie Minnie, your Uncle Severus, we all love you.”

“Potter's taking you all away from me,” Draco mumbled in Albus' shoulder. “Just like during school, it's always all about Potter.”

Albus just tightened his hold around the small child in his arms.

________00000____________00000__________0000_________0000________0000_________000__

Harry, still sitting on his father's lap, was soaking up as much love as he could. But reality had a way of showing itself. The child's stomach made itself known by protesting the fact that he still hadn't eaten lunch. Severus smirked as he patted his son on the bum.

“Alright, Harry, get up.”

Harry, knowing he needed to eat, didn't want to get up. He snuggled down more into his father and gripped his robes tighter.

“Harry,” Severus said, rubbing his back. “You need to eat. Get up.”

Harry sighed as he got up from his father's lap. Severus stood up and walked over to the fireplace.

“Come, Harry,” beckoned Severus, holding out his hand.

“Where are we going?”

“To the Gryffindor Common Room. I want you to get a light jacket. We're going to leave the castle.”

“Where are you taking me? I promise I'll be good.” Harry backed away from Severus. Panic laced the child's voice.

Severus closed his eyes and shook his head at the choice of words that he used. He knew he had to quickly calm his son.

“We are going to Hogsmead for supper. You and me. Together.”

A huge smile spread across Harry's face. “Really?” Severus nodded. “Cool!”

Harry rushed to his father's side and within an instant they were both gone from the chambers. They stepped through the hearth in the Gryffindor Common Room and Harry ran upstairs to his dorm to grab his jacket. He was so excited that they were going to leave the castle. He'd never been anywhere outside the castle grounds and was eager to go. As he was getting his jacket, there was one small thing that was bothering him and he was a little worried about bringing it up. How did he get locked in the storage cupboard?

Grabbing his jacket and rushing down the stairs, Harry almost ran into Severus, who was standing at the base of the stairs. In his rush to stop so he didn't hit his father, he tripped over his feet and began to fall down the last four steps. Severus, seeing the fall happening, caught his son under his arms before he landed face first on the floor.

“That's why we walk down the stairs,” Severus chided.

Harry sheepishly smiled at his dad.

“Why are we going?” Harry asked.

“Your grandmother suggested that we have supper in Hogsmead. So we are going to a place called The Three Broomsticks.”

The two wizards walked out of the castle and headed down the pathway that led to Hogsmead. While on their trek, Severus noticed the boy's clothes. His jacket was threadbare, if Severus was feeling generous in his description. Not something that could hold out the slight chill in the air that usually happened at twilight. Thinking back, Severus realized that Harry's clothes were sub-par at best. Something that he would remedy before the holiday break was over. The two walked side by side until they got to Hogsmead, then Harry began running towards each shop to look into the windows. Severus couldn't help his heart warming at the sight of his son taking in all the sights of the small town. Another thing that Severus vowed was to make sure that he would take his son on as many trips and outings as he could, so that Harry could see the world.

Once they got to the Three Broomsticks, they were greeted by Madam Rosemeretta and took a seat in the back corner of the restaurant. After ordering their food, they sat in silence. They were both sitting at the table enjoying the comfortable silence of each others company. Harry looked at his father and took a deep breath. That one question was still bothering him, so he decided he would just ask.

“Dad.”

“Hmm?”

“Do you know why the door locked on me in the storage cupboard?”

Severus looked at his son and could tell that it was really bothering him.

“I believe that you should talk with Draco about that.”

“Malfoy? Why?” Harry questioned. “Are you saying that he's the reason?” Anger began to boil in Harry. Draco was the reason he tried to get him in trouble with his father. He was the reason. Malfoy always messes with everything. Draco Malfoy always tried to get Harry and his friends in trouble. He succeeded once, even if he got in trouble as well. Draco was a bully just like Dudley.

“Harry.” Severus called bringing Harry out of his musing. “I want you to let me handle this. Do you understand?”

Harry, not really listening to his father's warning, was thinking about getting even with the ferret. Draco was going to ruin everything and Harry could not and would not let that happen.
“Harry,” Severus voice was sterner. “I mean it.”

“Yes, sir,” Harry answered, and started eating his food that was placed in front of him.

While they ate in silence, Harry began to think how he could get even with the ferret for what he did. Severus hoped his son would heed his warning of not taking this in the boy's own hands and letting him handle his godson.

Not wanting to ruin his first time in Hogsmead, Harry didn't think about Draco anymore and focused on the fact that he was with his father and that they were eating alone.

On the way back to the castle, just as Severus thought, it was a bit chillier than it was on the walk there. Looking over at his son, he could see that Harry was slightly shivering. Severus reached over, placing both his hands under Harry's armpits and hoisted him up towards his chest. Harry let out a small squeak at the abrupt pick up.

“Dad, I can walk.” Harry protested a little, wrapping his arms around his dad's neck.

“I know that, but that jacket is barely keeping the chill off of you and I can see you shivering. I will not have you sick, so you will stay with me to warm you up and then this weekend we are going shopping for some adequate clothing.”

Harry's only response was him wrapping his legs around his dad's waist, as Severus wrapped his cloak around his son. Within seconds, Harry's small shivering stopped. He, laying his head on Severus' shoulder, was enjoying the new found closeness with his father.

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 7: Harry's Revenge by mandancie
Author's Notes:
I know it has been a long time since I've updated, and for that I apologize. Depression and grief have been having a strangle hold on me. Please keep me in your thoughts. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Albus was sitting in the chair with a precious bundle in his lap. Draco was currently asleep. After Draco had shed more tears, Albus pulled him on his knees and cuddled the blond child, speaking softly into the child's ear.

Once Draco was asleep, Minerva finally spoke again.

“Why don't you put him to bed?”

“I will,” Albus whispered, looking down at the small child in his arms. “I just want to make sure that he feels that he's not being abandoned.”

“How could he ever feel abandoned when you're spoiling him like you do?” Minerva's voice held a slight bit of amusement.

“Ah,” Albus eyes twinkled. “That's the luxury of being Grandpa Albus. I can afford to spoil the child. Anyway, I know he will be busy tomorrow since he will have to talk to his godfather.”
“Speaking of his godfather,” Minerva said, getting up from her seat. “Severus and Harry should be back by now. I'm going to floo over and see how things went.”

Minerva disappeared through the green flames. Albus looked down at the sleeping boy in his arms and smiled.

“Oh, yes,” Albus quietly said. “Grandpa Albus will always make sure that you're happy and spoiled with love. And now, I have another one to spoil as well.”

_____0000_______0000______0000

Minerva stepped through the flames into Severus' chambers. Her timing couldn't have been better as Severus was walking through his door with Harry in his arms. Minerva shook her head.

“Between you and Albus, you're going to spoil these boys,” Minerva said with a slight chuckle in her voice.

“What do you mean?” Severus asked, his voice low so not to wake the sleeping child in his arms.

“I just left Albus in my chambers with Draco asleep in his lap.”

Minerva sat down in the chair closest to the fireplace. Severus walked to the couch and sat down not moving the small boy in his arms.

“How is Dragon doing?” Severus asked, absentmindedly rubbing Harry's back.

“You need to talk to him,” Minerva informed him. “He's jealous.”

“Jealous?” Severus said, incredulously. “What on earth does he have to be jealous about?”

Minerva sat up straighter in her chair, looking at her adoptive son. “Maybe about the boy you are still clutching in your arms.” There was no animosity or judgment behind her words. “You have to understand Draco's position. For his entire life, you were just his. There were no other students that took your attention away, then in one short afternoon, Draco finds out that the boy he's had a feud with for an entire school year is now your son. He's jealous. You didn't see his face when you rushed out of the Great Hall. I did.”

“I'll talk to Draco in the morning,” Severus sighed.

“Good,” Minerva said, standing up. “After you put Harry to bed, why don't you come up for tea?”

Severus nodded and stood up from the sofa as well. Minerva headed towards the fireplace.

“Wait,” Severus called out. “If you give me a minute, I'll walk with you.”

“Okay,” Minerva said, putting the powder back in the pot she had just removed.

Severus walked back to Harry's room and laid the child on the bed. After changing his clothes and tucking him in, Severus leaned down and lightly kissed his son on the forehead. Harry began to stir.

“Shh,” Severus soothed, rubbing his son's chest.

“Dad,” Harry moaned, sleepily.

“You're in bed. Go back to sleep. I'll see you in the morning.”

“ 'night, daddy,” Harry said, falling back to sleep.

“Good night, son.”

Severus walked out of the room and met his mother, who was standing by the door.

“I feel like a stroll through the castle,” Minerva said when she saw the look Severus was giving her. “Come walk with me.”

Severus walked over towards his adoptive mother and she linked her arms in his. Together, they walked to her chambers.

Walking in the sitting room, they were met by Albus still sitting in the same spot with Draco asleep in his lap.

“You've been sitting like this the entire time?” Minerva asked, sitting down on the sofa. “You're spoiling him.”

“Yes, well, I have that prerogative,” Albus smiled.

“That you do, but you know you'll be stiff sitting in that one spot for so long.”

Severus walked over towards Albus.

“I'll put him to bed.”

Leaning down, Severus gathered his godson in his arms. Draco feeling himself being moved, scared that he was again being rejected, started to squirm in Severus' arms.

“Shh, Dragon,” Severus whispered in the blond child's ear.

“Uncle Sev,” Draco said, sleepily, looking up at the man. “Please don't hate me,” he slurred.

Severus looked over at Minerva. She gave her son a knowing look.

“I could never hate my little Dragon,” Severus said soothingly, as he walked to the back where Minerva's guest bedrooms were. After laying the blond headed child in the bed, Severus walked back into the sitting room.

_______00000________00000_______00000

The next morning Draco woke up to Minerva shaking his shoulder.

“Wake up, my little Dragon,” Minerva said, sweetly.

“Morning, Auntie Minnie,” Draco moaned, as he stretched in the bed.

“Are we feeling better this morning?”

“Yes, ma'am.” Draco sat up in the bed.

“Good,” Minerva said standing up. “Why don't you go get cleaned up and we'll head down to the Great Hall for breakfast.”

Draco got up from the bed and went to the bathroom down the hallway.


Severus walked into the bedroom and saw the small lump in the middle of the bed. A smile graced his lips as he walked over to his son. His son. It still seemed unreal, but here he was, curled up in the middle of the bed.

“Harry,” Severus said, shaking his shoulder, or he thought was his shoulder from the lump in the bed. “Come on, son, wake up. You need to get cleaned up so we can go to breakfast.”

The lump under the covers moved and stretched out. A patch of messy black hair came out from under the cover first before it was preceded by the small child's face.

“Morning, daddy,” Harry moaned as he stretched in the bed. He stretched so hard he flipped over onto his stomach.

“Morning,” Severus said, smiling. Patting the child's bum over the covers, Severus then stood up. “Get up. Breakfast is almost ready.”

Harry got out of bed and walked out of his room and headed for the bathroom. While he was brushing his teeth he thought about everything that has happened. He had a dad. He had a grandma. Then he thought about Malfoy. He really did hope that the boy was gone. He hadn't seen Draco anymore since they played Quidditch, and he hoped that he was gone.

A small bubble of anger was sitting in his belly when he thought about the possibility of losing what he now had. What Draco did, he could have lost his dad and his grandma. He'd just got them and he would fight tooth and nail to make sure nothing hindered that.

Harry was sitting at the table where he sat yesterday during breakfast. Severus was sitting next to him, talking with Albus. Harry was in his own thoughts when he heard the doors to the Great Hall open and Minerva and Draco walked in.

Harry felt a surge of rage fill him. There was the ferret. He was still here. Harry knew he would get his revenge on the blond boy.

Breakfast continued without incident. Neither boy said anything to each other. Severus took the silence as it being a calm before the storm. Looking at both boys as they tried not to acknowledge each others existence. Severus just hoped that his son would listen to his warning and let him handle Draco.

Once Severus was finished and noticed that Draco was merely playing with is food, he could see that something was troubling the child, Severus excused himself from the table.

“Mr. Malfoy,” Severus called out. “Come with me.”

Draco sighed and stood up and followed his uncle out of the Great Hall. As much as Draco wanted to be with his Uncle Severus, he was not looking forward to the conversation that he was about to have with him. The last thing that Draco wanted to hear was that his uncle didn't love him anymore. And he was afraid he was going to hear just that.

As they were walking out of the Great Hall, Draco looked up at his godfather.

“Uncle Severus -”

“We will talk soon, Dragon,” Severus interrupted.

Draco put his head down. Even though his uncle called him by his nickname, it didn't mean that the talk was going to be a pleasant one.

Harry watched his dad and the ferret leave and he couldn't help the small amount of hurt he was feeling that his dad didn't say anything to him before he left. Maybe his dad really was tired of him. Maybe his dad didn't want to be his dad. Maybe...

“Harry,” Albus said, pulling Harry out of his thoughts. “How would you like to come spend sometime with an old man?”

“Sir.”

After the line of thoughts Harry was having the thought of anyone wanting to spend time with him surprised him.

“Well, you've seemed to spent time with everyone else,” Albus said, his eyes twinkling. “Why not also with me?”

Harry couldn't help the huge grin that shown on his face. They were about to get up and leave the table when Fawkes flew in and landed right in front of Albus. Sitting back down in his chair and reaching for the envelope, the twinkle in Albus' eyes dulled as he read the missive. Minerva, seeing the grave look on Albus' face, knew that whatever was in the letter was not good.

“Harry,” Albus said, putting a smile on his face. “Would you mind if we postpone our get together for an hour? Something of great importance has come up.”

Harry, also noticing the change in the Headmaster's demeanor once he read the letter, just nodded his head.

“I will send Fawkes to come get you when it is time,” Albus assured Harry.

Albus stood and left quickly out of the Great Hall. Conversations slowly began to start again after the Headmaster left, but since Harry was pretty much finished with his breakfast and had nothing else to do, he figured he would clear his head and not let the small feeling of hurt that his dad probably didn't want to deal with him anymore.

______0000________00000__________000000

Severus and Draco walked to the entrance. Severus looked down at the slumped shoulders of his godson and thought about what his mother told him last night. Yes, he was angry that Draco had locked Harry in the storage cupboard, but for this intense feeling of dread that he was seeing from his godson, hurt him.

“Dragon,” Severus said, as he opened the door to allow them to pass. “Would you like to explain to me why you did what you did yesterday?”

Draco looked up at his godfather. What could he tell him that would not get him into more trouble? He didn't like Potter. He didn't understand why Potter was even here. The summer times were always about his time with his godfather, Auntie Minnie and Grandpa Albus. None of the kids that were at his Primary school before Hogwarts, and none of his friends at Hogwarts. After living with prejudice Slytherins talking bad about Gryffindors, he didn't have to put up any fronts to betray the fact that he loved his Auntie Minnie. Yes, he had his godfather during the school year, but he couldn't just go to his chambers when he wanted to. He had to be a big boy and keep the Malfoy name a strong and proud name. And a weeping, sniveling crybaby going for a cuddle to his godfather when he was so tired of putting up with the boys that were in his dorm, nor the disgusted looks he would get when other Professors would look at him in compared to the Golden boy.

Draco was so lost in thought that he didn't realized that they were now by the Black Lake. Severus had conjured a stone bench out of a rock on the ground. It happened to be under a particular shaded tree. Severus knew that Draco was trying to gather his thoughts together so he didn't pressure the child to answer his question when they left the school.

When Draco realized where they were, he couldn't help the smile that came across his face. He remembered all the long talks he would have with his godfather at this spot. He knew that when they were at this spot that Draco was free to speak his mind and not worry about getting in trouble with what he had to say. There had been many of times where Severus had brought Draco out here after he'd gotten in trouble or was upset about something.

Draco looked back at his uncle and saw that even now he could tell when Draco needed to vent. Even if Severus would call it immature babble that would mean absolutely nothing, he would still allow Draco to say whatever he wanted, within reason.

“Uncle Severus?” Draco finally spoke.

“The rules are still the same,” Severus said with ease.

Draco began to speak about everything that was bothering him. It turned out that Draco's underlining stress wasn't really from the fact that Harry was here or that Harry was his son. It was that Draco learned what his parents were into. Draco had overheard his parents talking one night during Christmas holidays and he'd been worried about the fact that he could lose his parents. And seeing Harry when he got to Severus' chambers intensified that he would lose Severus, Minerva and Albus as well. When Draco finished his tirade, he was in tears curled up on his uncle's lap. Severus had his arms wrapped around his Dragon, rocking slightly, whispering soothingly in his ear.

______000000________000000_______000000

Harry was sitting on the revolving stairs. He was caught in his disparaging thoughts when he heard talking at the bottom of the staircase. He stood up and looked over the banister. At the bottom of the stairs, Draco and Severus were standing. Severus was kneeling on one knee talking to Draco. Harry could just see the love and care radiating from the slight touch that Severus was putting on Draco. Hate and anger bubbled up inside Harry.

All his life he's wanted a family, and now that he had one, he'd be damned if he would lose it without a fight. Pulling his wand out of his back pocket, Harry continued to look over the railing at the two at the bottom floor.


“Now, I want you to go back to the library,” Severus ordered. “You must learn to accept that Harry is my son. And just because he's here, it does not mean that I love you any less, understand?”

“Yes, sir,” Draco responded and turned to go up the stairs.

“Dragon,” Severus called out.

Draco turned back to his uncle and saw him standing there with his arms opened. A smile came across the child's face and he rushed into the waiting arms.

“I love you.”

“I love you more, my Dragon.” Severus squeezed him a little bit before releasing him. “Now, to the library with you. I'll come for you in a few hours.”

“Yes, sir,” Draco said with a small smile on his face. Now knowing that his godfather still loved him made his punishment a little more easier.

Severus watched Draco go up the stairs. He couldn't help shaking his head at the misconceptions that Draco had put in his head just by seeing Harry. He was glad that he could set the child straight. Thinking about Harry, Severus knew that Harry should be with Albus, so he decided to head up the stairs towards the Headmaster's office. As he ascended the stairs he began hearing mumbled voices. As he got closer to the third floor he could distinguish the voices. Children voices. Knowing that there were only two children within the entire castle, Severus knew he needed to get to them quickly. As he began running up the stairs the voices got louder. Severus could hear the anger in his son's voice as well as in his godson's voice. Once he got to the top of the third floor stairs, what he saw had him completely floored. Draco lay unconscious on the floor and Harry had his wand out. When Harry saw him coming up the final steps, there was nothing but fear in the child's eyes. Before Severus could say anything, Harry took off running down the nearest hallway.

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 8: Brother's Keeper by mandancie

He ran and ran. His chest was hurting. Not from running, but from the knowledge that he really lost. Everything that he wanted to fight for was now all gone. The look on his dad's face proved it. No more dad. No more grandma. No more magical school.

Harry stopped running, leaning against the wall. He slid down the wall until he was sitting on the floor, his knees tucked against his chest. Harry wrapped his arms around his knees. He buried his head in his arms.

_________0000__________00000_______0000

Severus rushed into the Infirmary with Draco in his arms.

“Poppy,” Severus called out.

Poppy walked out of her office, seeing Severus lowering something on one of the beds.

“What happened?” Poppy asked as she walked over to the bed.

“I'm not sure. I think Harry hexed him,” Severus said.

Poppy did a diagnostic and sighed.

“He'll be fine, Severus,” Poppy said with relief in her tone. “He was just stunned. He should awaken on his own in a little while.”

Severus sighed.

“Alright,” Severus said. “Can you watch over him?”

“Severus,” Poppy said, looking incredulously.

“Forgive me, Poppy,” Severus said, shaking his head. “I need to find my son. He ran off when I got to them.”

Poppy placed her hand on Severus' arm and gave a comforting squeeze. He looked at her for a second and then turned and left the Infirmary. Poppy looked down at the small child on the bed and shook her head as she transfigured his clothes and covered him with a blanket.

______0000_______0000______00000

Lucius was sitting across from Albus, looking grave. Albus was looking no better. Things were not going the way that they wanted.

“Are you sure?” Albus asked.

“Unfortunately,” Lucius said. “Things are getting really bad. I'm not sure we'll be able to survive this.”

“And Dragon?”

Lucius looked at Albus. The thought of something happening to his son broke his heart. Before he could even give it more thought, Fawkes trilled. Albus looked at his familiar and stood up, walking over towards the bird.

“Lucius,” Albus said, not looking at him. “Please forgive me. I have to go. We will continue this later. Someone else is in distress.”

“There's nothing else to be said,” Lucius said, standing up. “I'll be back at the end of the week for Dragon.”

Lucius stepped through the floo before Albus could say anything, not that Albus truly noticed. He walked out of his office and down the spiral stairs. Once out of the stairwell, Albus saw at the end of the hall a small form against the wall. Very slowly, Albus walked over to the form. The closer he got, he began to recognized who it was. The sobbing let him know that the poor child was upset. Wandlessly casting a feather-weight charm on the child, Albus reached down and picked up the distraught child.

When Harry felt hands go under his arms and was lifted from the floor, the first thought that past through his mind was that his dad found him. He was going to squirm, but that instantly left him when his nose was filled with the sent of lemons. Opening his teary eyes, Harry saw that the robe he was laying on was colorful, so he knew that he wasn't with his father.

“It's alright,” Albus soothingly said.

Hearing the Headmaster's voice, Harry knew that it was all over. His dad probably went to the Headmaster and told him that he didn't want to deal with a troublesome brat anymore. The Headmaster never held him like this before and it was really comforting. Harry laid his head on the comforting shoulder, figuring that if he was going to be taken back to his relatives and to all that hate, he might as well soak up as much love as he could.

Albus could feel the small child shaking in his arms. Albus headed back to his office.

____0000______0000________0000_________0000

Severus rushed back towards the stairs. In a slight run, he headed down the hallway that Harry had just went down. When he got to the end, he saw Albus carrying his son up the spiral stairs towards his office. Knowing that Harry was with Albus and not alone, Severus sighed. He knew he was going to have to get to the bottom of why Harry stunned Draco, but right now, seeing the fear in his son's eyes worried Severus more.

He walked down the hallway towards the gargoyle. Saying the password, Severus ascended the stairs. Very quietly he opened up the door to the office to hear his son's despondent weeping.

“He's going to send me back,” sobbed Harry.

“Oh, come now,” Albus soothed, rubbing Harry's back.

Albus was sitting in a large cushioned chair with Harry on his lap.

“He will not send you back,” Albus assured Harry.

“Yes, he will,” Harry nodded on Albus' shoulder. “I didn't mean to. Malfoy's a prat, but I -”

“I think we can dispense of the name calling,” Albus softly chided.

Harry sobbed some more in response. Albus looked up and saw Severus standing at the door. Not wanting to scare Harry, Albus slightly nodded to Severus and he walked closer towards them.

“I ruined everything,” Harry sobbed, his voice partially mumbled from Albus' shoulder.

“You didn't ruin anything,” Severus said, speaking for the first time since walking in the office.

Albus could feel Harry go stiff in his arms when he heard his father's voice.

“Harry,” Severus called.

Not letting go of Albus' robes, Harry turned his head and looked at his dad, standing next to the chair they were sitting.

“We need to have a talk,” Severus said, holding out his hand. “May we use your guest room?”

Albus nodded. Harry turned his head back in to the colorful robes. Albus could feel the child's shoulders shaking again.

“Now, now,” Albus soothed. “You will be just fine. Go speak with you father.”

Harry's teary emerald eyes looked up at his Headmaster and then looked over at his dad. Swallowing, Harry got down from Albus' lap and grabbed hold of his dad's hand.

The Headmaster told him that his dad would not send him back, but he couldn't help that feeling that his dad was going to do just that. Not paying attention to where they were going, Harry was surprised when he stopped walking, looking up he saw that his dad was sitting on the side of the bed and he was positioned in front of him between his spread knees.

“You want to tell me what happened?” Severus asked. His voice was low and soothing. Harry couldn't help the lump in his throat doubling in size.

Harry shrugged his shoulders.

“Harry, you had your wand out.”

“I didn't do anything,” Harry quickly said.

“I beg to differ, Harry,” Severus said, quirking his eyebrow. “Draco is unconscious in the Infirmary, stunned by a hex.”

“Yeah, I had my wand out, but I didn't cast nothing,” Harry said, adamantly.

“Anything,” Severus absently corrected.

Harry sighed, trying to calm his breathing. He could feel the tears pricking his eyes.

“Now, I know I've told you about lying.” Severus' voice was stern. “I will not be lied to, to my face, by you.”

A betraying tear escaped and slid down Harry's flushed cheek. Severus took a deep breath to calm down his temper.

“Now, I want you to tell me what happened on that stairway.”

Harry looked at his father and then lowered his head. He knew there was no way he was going to get out of the trouble that he was in. Feeling fingers under his chin, Harry felt his head being raised till he was looking at his father. Harry sighed.

“When I saw Malfoy, I asked him why would he try to ruin everything,” Harry started. “Then he said that I was the one ruining everything. He told me to stay away from you. That you were his godfather first. I wasn't allowed to take you away.”

“And then what happened?” Severus asked.

“I got mad,” Harry said, as the tears still streamed down his face. “I got my dad and he said I wasn't suppose to be here. Everybody always hates me. I don't ever do anything for people to hate me, but they do all the time. He was taking you away. I didn't want to go back. I didn't want to be send away.”

As Harry continued, he got louder and louder. Severus could feel the magic coming off of his son and at that moment he realized what happened on the stairs. Harry didn't use his wand. He knew he would have to calm Harry down and deal with what happened on the stairs first.

Gripping Harry's arm and slightly turning him, Severus gave him a firm swat. Harry stopped. His mouth gaped as he was again facing his dad.

“Now,” Severus said. “What did I tell you when I disclosed that Draco was the one that locked you in that cupboard?”

“But, dad - ,” Harry started.

“No,” Severus shook his head. “Didn't I tell you to let me handle this?”

“Yes, sir,” Harry sighed.

“Now, you will be punished for your disobedience.”

“Yes, sir,” Harry sighed again, this time lowering his head.

Guiding the child so that he could be placed over his lap, Severus steeled his heart as he looked down at the upturned bum on his lap. Harry, laying over his dad's lap, gripped the duvet under him, tensing. Raising his hand, Severus landed the first of many swats on his child's awaiting bum.

While the swats continued, Harry buried his face in the duvet as his sobs were muffled by the blanket.

When Severus finished, he began rubbing soothing circles on Harry's back. When Harry's sobbing calmed to sniffles, Severus reached under Harry's arms and lifted the small child on to his lap and wrapped his arms around him.

Harry sat on his father's lap, slightly squirming from his sore bum, in his arms, his head laying on his dad's shoulder and his fingers absently bothering one of the buttons on Severus' frock coat. Even though he was currently sitting on his father's lap, he still couldn't help thinking that he really did ruin everything.

“Are you going to send me away?” Harry's voice was low and a little raw from sobbing earlier.

Severus closed his eyes and sighed. Tightening his hold on his son, he looked down at the child in his arms.

“I will say this again,” Severus said. “You are my son. You will not leave me. I will not allow you to be out there in this world alone. I know you've had a hard beginning, but we are together now. Nothing will change that.”
“But Malfoy said,” Harry said as he could feel the tears burning his throat again.

“Draco is my godson. That will never change. You are my son. That will never change. The only thing that changed is that you and Draco will have to come to terms that you will be seeing more of each other than you would like. Now I would like for you two to start to at least get along.”

“But he's a ferret,” Harry whined, his voice getting louder. “Always telling me that I don't have a family.”

“You will cease the name calling,” Severus said, sternly. Harry squirmed a little more on his lap.

“You don't say nothing when he calls me names,” Harry said, stubbornly. “It's not my fault.”

“Harry, I want you to listen to me very carefully,” Severus said, tightening his arms around his son. Harry automatically snuggled more in his father's arm. A small smirk graced the Potion Master's lips feeling his son so close.

“I want you to learn to control yourself. I want you to not call Draco names. You are old enough to know that the only thing that you can control is you and you alone. You work on that you won't have to worry about getting in trouble.”

“But what if Draco calls me 'Scar head'?” Harry said. Severus noticed that this was the first time that Harry referred to his godson by his name than his surname.

“Then he will be in trouble. But if you retaliate then you will also be in the same trouble. You must learn to control yourself.”

Harry sighed.

“Now I want you to promise me something,” Severus said.

Harry, not lifting his head off the comfortable shoulder, looked up at his dad.

“I want you to promise me that if Draco calls you a name or he's starting something, I want you to come a find me or your Grandma or Albus.”

“You want me to be a tattle tale,” Harry said with resignation.

Severus couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips at his son's dramatics.

“I want you to learn that you don't have to solve everything on your own. You are not alone anymore. I'm here.”

After sitting in silence for a while, Severus shook his arm.

“Get up,” Severus said.

“Huh?”

“Weren't you planning on spending the day with Albus?”

“Yeah,” Harry said, looking down.

“What's wrong, Harry?”

“He's going to know,” Harry said, climbing off of his dad's lap. “That you...”

“Yeah, he knows what happened, but he will not speak on it. You've been punished. It's over.”

Harry could feel his face burning with embarrassment.

“Dad,” Harry said, still standing in front of him.

“Yes, Harry.”

“Are you still mad at me?”

Severus reached out and gripped his son's hands in his own, giving them a comforting squeeze.

“I was never mad at you, Harry. I was disappointed that you didn't keep your promise of letting me handle Draco. I was worried about you when you ran away from me. But I was never mad at you. Never.”

Harry smiled through the tears that shown through his emerald eyes, making them look like jewels sparkling in the sunlight, launching himself into his dad's arms again.

“I'm sorry,” Harry mumbled in his dad's neck.

“You are forgiven, Harry,” Severus said, quietly. “You are always forgiven.”

TBC


To be continued...
Chapter 9: Talking with Draco by mandancie

Severus left Harry with Albus and headed back to the Infirmary. There was still someone else Severus had to deal with.

"Oh, Severus," Poppy said when Severus walked through the doors. "I was just about to floo call you. Draco woke up about fifteen minutes ago."

"How's he doing?"

"Physically, he's fine," Poppy said with a smirk.

Severus nodded and walked over towards the bed while the matron walked back into her office. Severus saw Draco sitting, leaning against the headboard. His arms were crossed over his chest. The true look of a upset child. He could see his godson in such deep thought that he didn't even notice that Severus had walked in.

Potter always ruins everything, Draco thought. Always has to be around. I wish he was never here. I wish there was never a Harry Potter. Now that he's here, nobody sees me. And everything is always my fault. I just want things the way they were before. Why does St. Potter have to be here?

Severus looked at his godson. Very rarely did Draco show his true emotions on his face. But what he saw on the child's face was more than just a sulking child, but a hurt child. Severus sighed.

"Dragon," Severus quietly called out.

Draco looked up in surprised. He had not expect to see his godfather. He thought Severus would be with Harry somewhere.

Severus sat down on the edge of the bed. Draco lowered his gaze to his covered lap.

"Draco," Severus said after a moment of silence. "Do you want to tell me what happened on the stairs?"

Draco said nothing.

"I talked with Harry," Severus began.

Hearing that something snapped inside Draco. It was all just too much.

"Sure, take his side," Draco screamed, cutting Severus off. "You're just like everybody else. Don't care about anybody else. It's always about Potter. Well, not with me. He shouldn't be here. Summers were suppose to be fun. This is not fun! Gone. Go to your St. Potter. See if I care."

Severus was in stunned silence as Draco ranted. He looked at the child on the bed and knew that there was more to this than what he was seeing now, and he knew he would have to get to the bottom of this.

Draco slumped back against the headboard again. He hadn't realized that he was crying until he felt something on his cheek. Angrily, he swiped his face with the back of his hand, not once looking up at his godfather.

"Draco," Severus said, his voice was low, but stern. "Draco, look at me."

Very slowly, gray eyes met onyx ones. Severus raised an eyebrow at the boy and was satisfied to see a small flinch in the child.

"You do know that I do not take kindly to being spoken to like that," Severus said, calmly. "Now, I have always tried to hear your side of something, even if you were wrong. Just so that you could have your say. But I will not be disrespected. Not by you. And if you ever take that tone up with me again, you will be over my lap for the sound spanking that you deserve. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, sir," Draco sighed, lowering his head back down again.

"Look at me," Severus drawled.

Draco, once again, lifted his head. This time tears were swimming in those gray orbs.

"Now, I love you very much. You are my dragon. You will always be my dragon," Severus said, leaning over and wiping the tears that were streaming down the child's cheek. With that one gesture, Draco began sobbing. Severus reached under Draco's arms and lifted the boy onto his lap. Wrapping his arms around the boy, slightly rocking him.

"Now, you want to tell me what is going on with you?" Severus asked. "What happened on the stairs?"

Draco snuggled more into his godfather. Severus tightened his hold and waited for Draco to answer.

"He's always ruining things," a quiet voice said.

Severus looked down at the boy who was laying on his chest.

"There is no wall now," Draco continued. "It's Auntie Minnie, Grandpa Albus, Uncle Severus and me. No Saint Potter. Now that Potter's here, he gets all the attention. From you, Grandpa Albus. And what happens to me? I get stuck in the library."

Severus sighed.

"So you think I chose Harry over you?"

"And that's another thing," Draco said, sitting up looking at Severus. "He used to be Potter. Now, he's Harry. Since when did he become Harry?"

"Well, he's not Potter," Severus said. He saw Draco's shoulder slump again and he pulled the child towards his chest again. "Dragon, Harry is my son. That will not change. Nor will it change how I am with you. The reason you were told to go to the library was because you were being punished. You locked Harry in the supply cupboard."

"It was just a little joke," Draco said, as he leaned against Severus' chest.

"Harry's been through a lot. More than you would ever know. He was very distraught by that 'joke.'"

Draco sighed loudly.

After a moment of silence between the two of them. Severus asked his question again.

"We were just talking," Draco said, trying to make his voice as innocent as possible. "And he hexed me."
"Really?"

Draco looked up at his godfather. "You believe me, don't you? I didn't do anything wrong. He was the one that had his wand out."

"That he did," Severus nodded. "But he didn't cast the stunning spell with it. What else happened?"

"Nothing," Draco said, again. "So what happened to me if he didn't cast it?"

"It was accidental magic. He was upset. So if you were just talking, what were you talking about?"

Draco said nothing.

"Could it be that you told Harry that he wasn't apart of this family?"

Again, Draco said nothing.

"Draco," Severus sighed. "Harry is my son. He's a part of my family. You are going to have to deal with that. Now," Severus moved Draco back and stood him up so that he was standing in between his spread knees, "I would like for you to be civil towards Harry."

"Why should I be civil to that Scar-head?"

"Draco," Severus reprimanded. "Stop with the name calling. You will be civil. Harry is now a part of this family."

Draco sighed but didn't say anything else.

_00000_0000_0000

Harry left Albus' office and began wandering the halls. He had a good time with Grandpa Albus. After five minutes with the Headmaster, he was asked to use that form of address. They talked and played games. Harry asked about all the different little trinkets that Albus had. Albus regaled him with stories of where he acquired each item.

Afterwards, Albus received a floo call from the ministry and sent Harry on his way. Harry didn't mind that their time was cut short. The time he spent was really fun.

Once he got to the staircase, he began his decent. He figured his dad was still with Malfoy and not wanting to tempt fate that would probably cause him to take another trip over his dad's knee, Harry decided to stay clear and wait to see his dad at dinner. Maybe, he could spend the night down in his dad's chambers again like he did before.

Harry was heading towards the last set of staircases, when he saw something laying at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hello," Harry called out, slowly walking down the stairs.

There was no movement from the lump of fabric that was there. Harry got closer and the first thing he noticed was red mixed with blond. The closer he got he began to recognize who was on the floor. Harry rushed down the last few steps. Once he got close it, he reached out and touched the person's shoulder.

"Mr. Malfoy," Harry said, cautiously, softly shaking the man's shoulder. "Mr. Malfoy."

Harry was taken by surprised when a hand reached up and grabbed his wrist. Harry sucked in an audible gasp.

Lucius slowly lifted his head. "Severus," he gasped out. Right before passing out again.

Once the grip on Harry's arm loosened, Harry stood up and rushed back up the stairs. Once he had gotten up two flights of stairs, he looked back down at the first flight of stairs to see if Mr. Malfoy was still there. He was about to start on the next flight of stairs, when he bumped into something black. He thought from the force of the hit that he would fall backwards back down the stairs. He tried to catch his balance, when he felt a hand grip his shirt and pull him forward. Looking up, Harry saw that whom he bumped into was his dad.

Severus saw Harry leaning over the rail of the stairs and was just about to call his name when the child quickly turned and bumped right into him. Severus knew from the force of the bump that Harry was not expecting anyone to be behind him. He had hit him so hard that it took a second for Severus to even catch his breath from having the air in his lungs forcibly expunged. When he saw Harry falling backwards towards the stairs, Severus' lightening reflexes were triggered and he quickly gripped Harry's shirt.

Once Harry got his footing back, Severus looked over the child. Looking at the boy's face he could see that something was troubling him. He was about to ask what was the problem and where was he headed when he saw the child's wrist. There was blood.

"Harry what happened?" Severus' voice was stern as he grabbed Harry's wrist to inspect it.

"I didn't do anything," Harry quickly said.

"I never said you did," Severus soothed.

"It's not my blood," Harry said.

Before Severus could respond to Harry's statement. Draco shrieked. Severus looked over the staircases.

"PAPA!"

Draco began running down the stairs. Severus followed leaving Harry standing at the top of that particular staircase.

Severus made his way down the staircases. Once he got down there, Draco was already leaning down, gripping his father's robes, tightly, shaking his unresponsive father.

"Papa," Draco cried. "Papa, wake up. Please."

Severus sent his patronus out just before kneeling beside his brother. Hearing footfalls on the stairs, Severus knew that his emergency call was being answered. Poppy and Minerva were the first to arrive. Albus arrived right when Poppy conjured a stretcher and Minerva lifted Lucius off the floor. Severus was holding Draco in his arms. It had taken a lot to get Draco removed from his father's back, but once Severus got him to release Lucius, he had quickly picked Draco up, cradling the child in his arms.

Harry watched everything from the top of the stairs. He didn't want to get in the way. When he saw everyone heading towards the Infirmary, he didn't follow. Even though he wasn't friends with Draco and he remembered how scared he was when he first met Mr. Malfoy, he didn't think Draco would really want him around.

It was quiet on the staircases after the adults left. Harry stood there for a moment and then slowly walked down towards the closest hallway. The library was on this floor, so Harry decided to sit and wait there.

He just wanted to do something to get his mind off of what he just witnessed. Never had he seen that much blood. Mr. Malfoy's hair was soaked in it. Whatever happened to cause that, Harry hoped that everything would be alright.

Harry walked to one of the corners of the library where there were cushioned chairs in a semi-circle. Sitting down in one of them and pulling his knees to his chest, Harry laid his head on his knees and hope that everything would be alright for Draco.

_0000_0000_0000_0000

Poppy laid the stretcher down on the bed and began casting a diagnostic charm over the unconscious man. A small parchment formed in mid-air stating all of Lucius' injuries. Once the diagnosis was complete, Poppy left to retrieve all she would need to patch Lucius up.

Severus, who was still holding Draco, Minerva and Albus were talking quietly in one of the corners of the room, staying out of Poppy's way as she worked. Usually Severus would help when it came to something like this, but he had a twelve year old attached to his chest who refused to let go.

"Severus, what happened?" Minerva asked.

"I don't know," Severus said, shaking his head. "Dragon and I just left here. Poppy released him. We were heading to Albus' office. I wanted him and Harry to talk. To get past this rivalry that they have, so we can be a family."

Severus propped his arm that was holding Draco, so that he could get a better hold on the child, trying to ease the cramp that he was getting. Severus noticed in that one instant how much heavier Draco was in comparison to Harry. They were the same age; they should weigh about the same. But Severus noticed that if he didn't cast a feather weight charm on his Dragon soon, he would have to put the boy down. Then he thought about the night that he and Harry came home from Hogsmead. He was able to walk all the way home with Harry in his arms and not suffer any ill-effects to carrying Harry. This hurt Severus' heart more. What all really did happen while his son was in that house?

Severus was brought out of his musing by someone clearing their throat. He looked up and saw that Minerva and Albus were both looking at him.

"Forgive me," Severus quickly said.

"It's alright," Minerva said. "What happened after you left the Infirmary?"

"We saw Harry on the stairs. I was just about to ask where he was going when I saw the blood on his wrist. He said it wasn't his and Dragon screamed."

"Well, he's as comfortable as I could make him," Poppy said, walking over towards the group.

"Is he awake?" Severus asked.

"Yes," Poppy answered. "He's asking for you."

Severus quickly walked over towards the bed where Lucius was. He pulled a chair close to the bed and sat down. Draco felt the change in position and began whimpering again.

"Dragon," Severus soothed. "Your father is awake."

Draco lifted his head and turned to his dad. As quickly as he could, he jumped out of his godfather's arms and jumped into the bed with his dad. Usually Lucius would not allow these kinds of emotional outbursts, but after the day he had he needed to have his son in his arms.

After a moment, Severus spoke up.

"Lucius, what happened?"

Lucius tightened his hold on his son. A tear escaped the aristocrat's eye as he looked up at his brother.

"Narcissa's dead."

"What?"

"Are you sure?"

Severus looked up and saw both Minerva and Albus standing at the end of the bed, shocked.

"I – We were discovered," Lucius sighed. "They separated us. I don't know what all they did to her. I could only hear her screams." Tears streamed down Draco's face as he clutched his father tighter. "After a while, I didn't hear her screams anymore." Lucius look at Severus and with great effort, he reached out and grabbed Severus' wrist bringing him close to him.

"Take care of Dragon," Lucius gasped as a wave of pain shot through his body.

"You know I will," Severus said, his brow creased.

"Adopt him," Lucius gasped. "Make him yours. I know you will protect my son."

Lucius' grip loosened and then slipped away from Severus' wrist. Lucius' eyes closed. Draco lifted his head and looked at his dad.

"Papa. Papa."

"Move him," Poppy said urgently.

This time it was Albus who removed Draco from his father. Casting a feather weight charm on Draco, Albus picked the child up and left out of the Infirmary. Draco's sobs muffled by Albus' robes. Poppy began casting healing charms and getting potions in Lucius' system.

Severus was stunned by what he just witnessed. Never had he ever seen his best friend, his brother, in this worse state. Minerva walked over to Severus and placed her hand on his shoulder, giving a comforting squeeze.

After a moment, Severus abruptly stood and walked out of the Infirmary. Pulling out his wand, Severus cast a "Point Me" spell and headed in the direction his wand was pointing.

Harry was still in the chair in the corner when Severus walked in the library. Not hearing anyone walk in, Harry was surprised when he felt hands under his arms and he was quickly lifted off the chair. Harry looked up in time to see his dad bringing him towards his chest. Harry wrapped his arms and legs around his dad as Severus wrapped his arms around Harry's small body, holding his son tightly.

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 10: Adding One More by mandancie

Severus was sitting in the chair that Harry previously was in when he arrived in the library. Harry was asleep in his arms. Severus was worried about Lucius and about Draco, absentmindedly rubbing his son's back.

A phoenix patronus came into the library. There was no message, but Severus knew that Albus wanted to see him. Severus slowly stood up, maneuvering Harry so that he was on his hip. Harry, not waking, laid his head on his father's shoulder. His arms limp by his side. Severus made his way to the Headmaster's office.

When he walked in the office, Severus was slightly surprised that Albus wasn't sitting behind his desk. He was, in fact, sitting in one of his overly plush chairs facing the fireplace.

"I think it would be best if we are together when we hear the news," Albus said, not even looking back at Severus.

Severus didn't reply as he walked further into the office. When he got to where Albus was sitting, Severus saw that Draco was again in his lap asleep.

Poor Dragon, Severus thought. He must have cried himself into exhaustion.

Severus, not wanting to move Harry's sleeping form too much, silently widened the empty chair next to Albus. When he sat down, Harry was draped over his chest. Not once did Harry stir. He nuzzled down into Severus' comfort.

Both men were lost in thought when Minerva arrived in the office. She walked over to Severus and Harry first. Leaning down, she kissed Severus on the forehead and ran her fingers through Harry's fringe. Harry stirred a bit, turning his head into Severus' neck and shoulder, as if reassuring himself of his safety, but did not wake. Minerva looked over at Albus and Draco in the other chair and her heart broke for them. Draco would probably lose both parents. No child should have to feel that kind of loss at such a young age. It broke her heart when the Potters died and the loss that Harry felt knowing that he didn't have parents. Now, Draco was about to experience the same loss. Harry now was a little different as now he'd learned that he still had a father, but Draco. Minerva knew that Severus would be there for his Dragon.

Minerva walked over to Albus and put her hand on his shoulder. She could see the guilt in the man's eyes. She knew that Albus was blaming himself for not getting Lucius and Narcissa out of that situation sooner. Albus looked up at her and gave her a sad smile. She gave him a comforting squeeze.

At that moment, the floo flared and Poppy stepped through. Everyone knew that if she came instead of calling that the news wasn't good. The grave look on the matron's face and everyone knew.

"I couldn't revive him," Poppy said, solemnly.

Severus' arms tightened around his son as he lowered his head on the mop head that was laying on his chest.

Albus looked down at the child in his arms. Tears streamed down his face as he knew the hard road ahead for the young child.

Albus raised his head and looked at Poppy. "Did you...?"
"I did," Poppy said, cutting Albus off.

Minerva looked between the two of them wondering what it was that they were talking about.

"Albus," Severus' voice was a little muffled as his head was still leaning down on top of Harry's. "Please get the paperwork so that I can adopt Dragon."

"Of course, my boy," Albus said.

Severus lifted his head and looked at his adoptive mother.

"Arrangements need to be made," he began, but Minerva held up her hand.

"I'll take care of the arrangements," she said. "You just worry about being there for Draco and Harry."

"Let's get these children to bed," Albus said after a moment of silence. "There is much to be done."

Looking down at the small blond-headed child in his arms, Albus kissed the sleeping form on the forehead. With an ease that surprised Minerva, Albus stood with the child still in his arms.

"Come, Severus," Albus said, walking towards his bedroom. "We'll put the children together."

Severus looked at the Headmaster and to his mother. Not really thinking if putting both Harry and Draco in the same room was a good idea, he stood up and followed Albus to the room.

When he walked into the room, Albus was already putting Draco to bed. Severus walked to the other side of the bed and laid Harry down. Minerva was standing in the doorway as she watched the gentlemen with the boys.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Minerva asked. "They do not really care for each other enough to lay in the same bed."

"They will need each other now," Albus said, straightening back up. "Harry will understand what Draco is now going through."

"And what about Dragon?" Minerva argued. "Harry may understand, but this is completely new for Draco. You know how Draco can be."

"I think Draco will do fine," Albus said, walking towards Minerva. He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek before leaving the room. Severus gave the boys one more glance and then followed Albus out of the room.

Minerva, not trusting that things would be calm when the boys woke, cast a charm on the bed to let her know when one or both of them got out of the bed.

_000_0000_0000

The first thing Harry noticed was that what he was laying on was a lot softer than his dad. He remembered his dad coming into the library. It surprised him when he felt himself being picked up, but he could tell that his dad needed him. Guilt began to creep up belly. He didn't mean to fall asleep. His dad needed him, but the rubs on his back felt so comforting and relaxing that he couldn't help it.

Harry stretched, rolling over, he noticed that he wasn't alone. Laying on his back, he could see that he was in an unfamiliar room. When he turned his head to the other side of the bed, he saw platinum blond hair. Quickly sitting up, Harry jumped out of bed. He was shocked that he was in the same bed, much less the same room with Malfoy, but he couldn't stop looking at the boy. Slowly and quietly, Harry moved to the other side of the bed. He wanted to get a better look at the boy, his rival.

Looking at his face, Harry could see that he was no different than him. He could see dried tear tracks on his cheeks. Harry remembered going to sleep when he was living with his relatives the many, many nights of crying himself to sleep, hoping someone would love him. The more he watched Draco, he couldn't continue to be mad at him. He, of all people, understood what he was going through.

"Are you done staring?"

Harry jumped at the voice and quickly turned facing the door. Severus was standing there, leaning on the door jam.

"Is Mr. Malfoy alright?" Harry asked, looking back at Draco's sleeping form.

"Come, son," Severus said, holding out his hand. "Let's let Draco sleep."

Harry stood there for a moment longer and then walked over to his dad's outstretched hand. The two of them left quietly out of the room.

_000_0000_0000_000

Draco wasn't as asleep as he let on. Actually, he woke up a few minutes after he was placed on the bed. He heard Grandpa Albus, and Aunt Minnie talking. He was surprised to know he was in the bed with Potter, but after seeing his father and all the blood, he just didn't seem to care where he was or who was next to him. Draco knew that his parents were doing something dangerous. It scared him. He over heard his parents talking about what it was that needed to be done. He could hear the fear in his mother's voice when she would tell him, almost beg, that he would stop, but it was always one more. Now his mother was gone, probably dead. That thought alone, made tears leak through Draco's closed eyelids. And his dad … more tears leaked from his eyes.

He felt Potter moving, so he held his breath and tried not to move. He did not want to deal with Potter right now.

Grandpa Albus said that he would know how I felt, Draco thought. He couldn't understand how he would know. His godfather was Potter's dad. How could Potter know how he felt?

Draco felt Potter get off the bed. He heard Potter walk around the room. He could practically feel the other boy's eyes on him, and it took a lot to keep still to give the rouse of sleeping.

"Is Mr. Malfoy alright?"

Draco almost opened his eyes in complete shock, hearing that question. Potter sounded genuinely concern. How could that be? He was his father not Potter's. Why would Potter care if my father was alright or not?

In Draco's silent rant, he didn't hear Harry leave until his godfather closed the door. The soft click of the door brought Draco out of his musings again.

He opened his eyes as two more tears streamed down, one over the bridge of his nose to meet the other tear that was soaking his pillow. Draco knew the answer to that question, even though no one want to come out and say anything to him.

_0000_000_0000_000

Severus walked out of the office and did not stop until he got to his destination. Harry followed, wondering where they were going, but did not speak on it. He just quietly followed his dad.

Severus stopped his trek when he got to the Black Lake. Harry looked around the area before looking up at his dad, expectantly.

"Dad?" Harry asked.

"Sit with me," Severus said, sitting down on the stone bench that was under the huge tree by the lake.

Harry looked around at the picturesque surroundings before making his way over to his dad and sitting next to him. He had no idea what his dad wanted to talk about.

"This place has always been a safe haven for me," Severus said, looking around. "Whenever things got to tough or I just needed some alone time, I would come here and just sit, listening to the birds, hearing the water of the lake."

"It's really nice," Harry said, absentmindedly.

"It is," Severus nodded. "I wanted you to see this place, Harry."

"Okay," Harry said, looking up at his dad. "Why are you telling me this?"

Severus looked down at his son, sitting next to him. "I want you to know that if ever you need a place to escape, here is the place. It will alleviate your habit of nightly strolls. And if you ever do need to use this place, I will know where you are. And if I come down and I see that you clearly do not want company, then I will stay back until you invite me in." Harry nodded and Severus continued. "The same goes for me and Draco."

Severus knew adding Draco to this list of people who used this place did not result in the reaction he thought he would get. Harry just looked at his dad, then he nodded and looked back across the lake.

"Nothing to say?" Severus asked, bracing himself for whatever tantrum his son would bring.

Harry looked up at his dad and said nothing. He just shook his head.

_0000_0000_0000

Draco sat up in the bed and looked around. He wanted, needed, to get out of this room. He loved his Grandpa Albus very much, but he just could not stay in this room any longer, already knowing that his dad was dead.

Quietly getting up and walking towards the door, Draco cracked the door and peered out into the hallway. He didn't hear anything, but he knew that didn't mean that no one was around. As silently as he could, he crept out of the room and down the hallway. When he saw that no one was in the front office, Draco made a dash for the door. He didn't care where anyone was. He just knew he wanted to be alone.

Running down the spiral staircase, he ran past the stone gargoyle and kept going, not caring where he was headed.

_0000_0000_0000_0000

Minerva was in her office making arrangements when a quiet ringing in her ear let her know that Harry and Draco were up. When she was about to stand up, the ringing stopped, signaling that someone turned off the charm. Knowing that only Severus and Albus knew about it, Minerva sat back and finished her work. She figured Severus or Albus could handle the children for a little while.

It only took a few more moments to finish what she was doing and send off the paperwork to the Ministry via the Floo network. Minerva didn't think she would have to make these arrangements and fill out paperwork on another former student. When she did the paperwork and arrangements for James and Lily Potter it broke her heart. In her thinking, it should have been the other way around. She had lived her life. James and Lily were just starting their lives. And now she was doing it all over again with Lucius Malfoy.

Minerva looked down at her desk. She still had the paperwork for Narcissa Malfoy nee Black. A tear streamed down her cheek. She just couldn't send in her paperwork as well as her husband's. Call it crazy, but Minerva wanted to see a body. She wanted true confirmation that Narcissa was indeed dead before sending in that letter.

Wiping the tear off of her face, Minerva collected herself and decided she wanted to see her grandsons.

When she got to the stone gargoyle, she saw that it was still moved to the side, and the staircase was visibly seen. Not liking what she was seeing, Minerva went upstairs. She was met with an empty office. She walked down the hallway to the room that had Draco and Harry in. When she walked into the room, her heart dropped. Both Harry and Draco were gone.

_00000_00000_0000

"What are you thinking about?" Severus asked Harry.

Harry looked up at his dad after staring at the lake for a long while.

"Nothing," Harry said shaking his head. "Thinking about Draco. I mean, I don't know how he feels. I never knew my dad, I mean James," Harry quickly amended, "and I only found out about you."

"For ten years, you believed that your parents were dead. I think you do know what Draco is feeling," Severus said.

Harry nodded.

"But I have you now," Harry said.

"That you do," Severus said. "This will be very tough for Draco. I am hoping that this will, as tragic as it is, bring you two to an understanding.

"Oh, Severus," Minerva called out, rushing down the pathway.

Severus and Harry turned in her direction, standing up.

"Mother," Severus said, seeing her worried expression. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, Harry, I was so worried," Minerva breathed. "Have you seen Draco?"

"Draco? He was still asleep when I got Harry."

"He's not there."

"Where's Albus?" Severus asked, gripping Harry's arm and heading back towards the castle.

"I don't know," Minerva said, following him. "He wasn't in his office when I got there."

"Let's go to the Infirmary," Severus said, once they got to the bottom of the stairs.

Once they got to the Infirmary doors, Albus and Poppy were just coming out.

"Severus, Minerva," Albus said. "What's going on?"

"Draco's missing," Minerva informed him.

Harry didn't follow all the way to the Infirmary. He thought about what his dad said. Maybe he did understand what Draco was feeling. If that was the case, then maybe he knew where Draco was.

When he started at Hogwarts, he learned the truth about Lily and James. Even though he tried not to show it, it broke him up. He dad talked about his wandering around the corridors at night, but sometime he just had to go somewhere where he could breathe. He felt like the walls were closing in on him and he couldn't take a breath. It was only one place where he felt at ease. Harry watched as his dad and his grandma walked up the stairs. When they turned down the hallway where the Infirmary was, Harry looked up.

_0000_0000_00000_000

Draco was tired. His legs hurt. His feet were sore. He didn't think he'd ever ran that fast and that long before. Looking around, he knew where he was. Opening the rickety door, he was met by the school's owls. He hadn't been up here before. He did write his mum and dad during the school year, but he usually gave his letter to his Uncle Sev to send off for him. Living in the dungeons it didn't make since to climb all the way to the top of the castle to send a letter. Looking around, he always thought that it was dirty and disgusting up here. Walking around the room, he could see it was clean and it didn't smell like this room harbored owls.

Draco walked over to the window and looked out. He took a deep breath. It felt so refreshing, like it was the first breath he took in a long time. Tears stung his eyes, but he could breathe.

A snow white owl flew over and landed on the windowsill next to the child. Draco looked at the owl and for some reason he felt comforted. He knew who's owl it was and was a little shocked that she was next to him. Draco slowly reached out to pet the soft creature. Fearful that it might bite, he moved slowly. Just because he didn't use the owlery didn't mean he didn't know how dangerous strange owls could be. When his fingers touched to soft feathers, the owl slightly tilted its head.

"She won't bite."

Draco's hand quickly fell away from the owl and turned towards the voice.

"You can pet her," Harry said, walking towards the two of them. "Believe me, somehow, she understands."

Draco just looked at Harry. It was nothing like the last time they stood face to face. There was no anger between them.

Harry made it over towards them and started petting his owl.

"This is Hedwig," Harry introduced. "She really gentle. You can pet her."

Draco, still shocked by Harry's attitude, dumbly reached out and started stroking the owl's, Hedwig's, soft feathers again.

The two boys just stood there, saying nothing, looking out at the sky view of the castle.

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 11: The Funeral by mandancie

Severus stood in the archway of the owlery, watching his son and godson standing together. He didn’t want to disturb them in the hope that they would continue to get along. Severus could hear someone else coming up the stairs behind him. When they got closer, Severus held out his hand to stop them. Albus stood next to Severus and saw why Severus halted them.

Both boys were petting Hedwig. Draco heard someone on the steps and turned to see who was there. Seeing his godfather and Grandpa Albus standing there made the tears return. Harry saw that Draco was looking behind him. Hedwig started to softly nip at Draco’s fingers so that he could continue to rub her feathers. She had done that in the beginning, and it calmed Draco from crying and she wanted to do it again.

Since both boys knew that they were standing in the archway, they walked in. Albus stood next to Draco and Severus stood next to Harry.

“I’m sorry, Draco,” Albus said, softly.

Draco didn’t say anything. He just leaned against the man standing next to him, still petting Hedwig.

“Are you ready to come back to your room?” Severus asked.

Harry looked up at his dad then looked over at Draco. Draco looked at Harry. Draco gave a small nod.

“Yeah, dad,” Harry said.

Albus and Severus moved both boys towards the archway to take them back to the school. Hedwig sat on the perch until the wizards got to the archway and flew over to Draco and sat on his shoulder. Harry watched as Draco had a surprised look on his face. Harry smiled and turned and followed his dad down the stairs.

___000___000___000___

The days passed and the mood around the castle changed. It had been a week since Lucius’ passing. The memorial was set for the end of the week. Draco wasn’t talking. Everyone gave him his space. But something changed with Draco. He didn’t want to be alone. He and Harry spent most of their time together. Harry would talk to Draco. He wouldn’t answer back outside of nodding or shaking his head. It didn’t bother Harry that Draco wasn’t talking, even if he didn’t know his mother or James, or even that he never grew up knowing that they loved him, Harry deep down understood what Draco was feeling.

It was the day before the memorial and Harry thought about how much he loved flying and what it did for him, so he invited Draco to the Quidditch field.

“Why are we here?” Draco asked, softly.

Harry didn’t make a big deal that Draco talked. “Sometimes, feeling the air on your face can make you feel better.”

“Really?” Draco asked.

Harry nodded.

Draco walked over to the Slytherin cupboard and pulled out one of the school brooms. Draco had figured that Harry would fly his Nimbus 2000. When Draco turned to head back to the field he was surprised to see Harry standing behind him.

“What are you doing?” Draco asked.

“Getting a broom,” Harry said. “This isn’t a competition. This is just enjoying the air on our faces. No snitch. No score. Just flying.”

Harry sidestepped Draco to get a broom for himself. Draco watched Harry get a broom and leave. Draco couldn’t help the small smile on his face. He followed Harry to the field and saw that Harry was already in the air. Draco got on his broom, kicked his feet and was in the air. It wasn’t cold, it wasn’t hot. It was just right.

“Sometimes, just letting yourself go, can help you feel better,” Harry said, then flew to his own direction.

Draco watched Harry fly. Draco sighed from the lump that was growing in his throat. He was tired of crying, but he couldn’t help it. He missed his father. In public, Lucius Malfoy had a cold persona. He even saw people looking at him with pity thinking that his dad didn’t love him. But that couldn’t be further than the truth. When he wasn’t with his Uncle Severus or his Grandparents, he would have so much fun with his parents. They went on outings that were far from the Ministry’s prying eyes. They could be a loving family without his father’s cold exterior being present. His dad would shower him with love, and it wasn’t just material things that his father gave him.

Draco didn’t realize that he was crying until he felt the wind hit the tear stained streaks on his cheeks. While he flew, he remembered all the fun that he had with his father. He remembered feeling his father’s arms wrapped around him. The kiss on top of his head. Even in horrible pain, his father still held him. They may have thought that Draco didn’t hear, but he heard everything. He heard the matron talk about Lucius’ injuries.

Harry watched Draco fly. He could feel the sadness flowing from Draco. Even if he didn’t know a lot about his father, he did know that Draco loved him. He knew that flying would help most of his feelings to come to the forefront and it would help him deal with those feelings without feeling like he was being choked by them.

Harry lazily flew around. He saw his father walking on to the field. Harry lowered his broom so that he could go to his father.

Severus wondered where his boys were. He walked to the owlery first. When he didn’t see them, he walked over to the ledge and saw two small brooms flying around the Quidditch pitch. The paperwork to adopt Draco had finally came and he wanted to get everything started.

Harry landed and walked over to his dad.

“Hey, dad,” Harry said.

“Whose idea was this?” Severus asked.

“Draco was looking confined. Flying always helped me with my feelings. It helped me, so I thought this would help Draco.” Harry looked up and watch Draco fly in circles or figure 8s.

“Draco,” Severus called out.

Draco let the tears stream without worrying about them. They streamed down his face, dripping off his chin while some steamed down his neck, pooling and soaking the top of his shirt. So many things came across his mind. It got to the point that the only memories were happy ones. Hearing his godfather’s voice brought him out of his musings. He looked down and saw Harry standing next to Uncle Severus. Draco didn’t even notice that Harry stopped flying.

Lowering his broom, he went to them. His family.

Severus watched Draco descend towards them. He saw the tears on the child’s face. His heart broke for him, but he saw the smile on his face. Draco landed. As soon as his feet touched the ground, Draco dropped the broom and ran to his Uncle. Severus caught him, casting a feather weight charm, picking Draco up in his arms.

Harry smiled then went to pick up Draco’s discarded broom and took both to the Slytherin cupboard. When he walked back to the field, he saw that his dad heading to the castle. Harry smiled and followed him.

___000___0000____0000___000

Now that the paperwork was here, he wanted to talk with Draco. Holding the child now, he could feel his shoulders shake while he walked back to the castle.

“Draco,” Severus whispered, rubbing his hand on the boy’s back. “Do you feel up to talking?”

Draco nodded. Severus lowered Draco down to his feet and kneeled in front of him.

“The paperwork has arrived. You know that I can adopt you.”

“What about Harry?” Draco asked.

“What about Harry?” Severus asked.

“Is he going to want me to be apart of this family?” Draco asked thinking about how he acted when he first came to the castle.

“I’ve talked to Harry about this,” Severus said. “He’s excited about it. After all this, you two have gotten closer. Harry knows that. Harry is fine with it. The question is you.”

“I’ll have a baby brother?” Draco asked, quietly.

Severus smiled at that. He knew that Draco had always wished for a brother.

“I don’t know about a baby brother since he’s only a few months younger than you,” Severus chuckled.

“Well, I’m older, so he’ll be my baby brother,” Draco said, sticking out his chest.

“What do you say, Harry?” Severus asked, still looking at Draco. Severus heard Harry walk up behind them.

Draco instantly deflated and looked around Severus and saw Harry standing at the door.

“I think it’ll be cool,” Harry said, smiling.

Draco smiled and stepped away from his godfather. He walked over to Harry and held out his hand like he did the first time they met.

“I’m sorry for everything I did,” Draco said. “We’re going to be brothers. I’ve always wanted a brother. Can we be friends?”

Harry looked down at the extended hand then up at the boy’s face. He smiled.

“Brothers,” Harry said, reaching out to grasp Draco’s hand.

___0000____0000____0000____000

The signing of the adoption papers went great. Afterwards, Draco and Harry were thick as thieves. It didn’t matter that before Severus signed the papers that Draco would only allow Harry to be near him. Now, there was a lightness around the castle.

Now it was the day of the memorial service. It was a sadness around the castle, but it wasn’t as depressing as it was before. Harry and Draco stood in Minerva’s bathroom, fixing their ties. Both boys were in formal robes. Draco’s was midnight black. Harry’s was hunter forest green. Both boys had a silver serpent clasp that closed their robes. Draco’s hair was slicked back like it normally was. It didn’t take much to lay his hair down. People used to think that he put a lot of products in his hair to make it do this, actually he had silky baby soft hair that laid down on its own. Harry didn’t try to fix his hair. Even though some of his features changed to look more like his father because the glamour was leaving, he still had some of James still in him; mainly his hair.  

“Are you ready boys?” Minerva called out from the living room.

“Yes ma’am,” both boys chorused.

They looked at each other in the mirror and then walked out the bathroom. Minerva was waiting for them by the door.

“Are you ready?” Minerva asked as they walked towards her.

“Where’s Uncle Severus?” Draco asked.

“He’s waiting for us by the Entrance hall,” Minerva said, holding out her hand, so the boys could walk out of the room.

The three of them walked down the spiral stairs to the front of the gargoyle that blocked the Headmaster’s entrance. The walk to the Entrance was a quiet on. When they got to the bottom of the stairs, they saw Severus and Grandpa Albus waiting for them. Harry figured that Draco would need his dad more than he did, so he went to Grandpa Albus. Draco walked over to his Uncle Severus, who was now his adoptive father, wanted to show a strong front and hold his head up high showing the world that the Malfoys will always be strong.

Severus saw what his nephew was doing. As much as he loved his brother and was going to miss him, he wanted Draco to be a child while he was and grow up knowing that it was okay to show emotion when something as tragic as this happened. He leaned down and whispered in Draco’s ear. When he stood up, Draco looked up at him with tears in his eyes. Severus looked down at the child and winked at him. Looking over and seeing his son standing next to Albus, held out his arm.

“Come, Harry.”

The small extended family walked out the castle and headed to the apparition point. Severus took both Harry and Draco while Minerva and Albus followed.

___0000____0000___000___000

The walk back to the castle was quiet. Albus was carrying Harry and Severus was carrying Draco. Usually Minerva would say something to the fact that Severus and Albus were spoiling Harry and Draco, but the memorial service was hard for both of them. They all knew that Draco had been putting up a strong front for them for the past two days, but actually going through the memorial service was hard for Draco. He broke down at the grave site. Harry was fine until he saw his parents, well, James and his mom’s grave stones. To Harry, it was one thing to talk about his parents, but it was another to actually touch their graves. It made it too real for Harry.

Severus headed to the dungeons. Albus spoke bringing Severus out of his musing.

“Bring Draco to my rooms,” Albus said. “I want everyone together tonight.”

“Alright,” Severus said, turning walking up the stairs behind his adopted parents.

Once they got to Albus’ quarters, they once again, put Harry and Draco in the same bed. Albus waved his wand over them and transfigured their clothes to pajamas. Severus covered both boys and kissed them on their foreheads. Minerva and Albus walked out of the room. Severus put warding over the boys just in case they needed him during the night.

“Goodnight, my boys,” Severus whispered and he noxed the lights and closed the door to the room.

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 12: Spilled Beans by mandancie
Author's Notes:
I am so sorry for the lack of updates. I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

It had been several weeks since Lucius’ funeral. Draco and Harry had adjusted since then. They had become thick as thieves. They explored the castle playing one thing or another. Some days they would go flying. Since the first time they used the snitch, they stayed away from the Quidditch supplies. They just settled on racing each other around the stadium.

Now their latest expedition was searching the Room of Requirement. Harry found it accidentally when they were trying to hide from each other. The Room of Requirement became their new playground. Since the room could become whatever the person wanted, Harry and Draco would take turns creating new rooms.

On this particular day, Draco oversaw creating a room. He decided they would have a huge living room with different items around the room. Harry knew when it was like this, Draco wanted some quiet time. It didn’t last long, but when it hit, Harry wouldn’t complain.

“So, Harry,” Draco said, sitting long way on the sofa. His feet dangling over the arm of the sofa.

“What?” Harry asked, sitting backwards on the chair. His head was hanging off the seat of the chair while his legs were draped over the back of the chair.

“Your birthday is coming up,” Draco said.

“How great of you to notice,” Harry quipped.

“Ha ha,” Draco said sarcastically. “No, serious, have you thought about what you want for your birthday?

Harry thought about the question for a second.

“No,” Harry said. “Never thought about it. Never celebrated before.”

“All the more reason to have one now,” Draco said sitting up on his elbow.

Harry slid his legs to one side of the chair so that he could look straight at Draco. It took a minute for Harry’s eyes to adjust since he was hanging upside down for a while.

“What should I do?” Harry asked. “I’ve never asked for a birthday party before.”

“Well, it’s a good thing you have a big brother to help you out,” Draco said, smugly.

“You do know that you are only a few months older,” Harry said.

“Age is measured in experience, not time. Still older,” Draco said, smirking.

The clock over the mantle chimed.

“Come on,” Draco said, sitting up correctly. “It’s lunchtime. We’ll ask Grandpa Albus what he thinks.”

Both boys stood up and made their way to the door.

“Why Grandpa Albus?” Harry asked. “Wouldn’t daddy be better?”

“No,” Draco said, opening the door. “Once we have everything planned on how you want it, then we go to Uncle Severus. But for right now, we go to Grandpa.”

Harry shrugged, saying, “Okay, whatever you say.”

The two boys ran down the stairs. They’d been on the stairs so much they knew which set of stairs moved at which time. They knew how to trick the stairs and get them down or up faster.

“What are you two doing?” Severus was standing at the bottom of the stairs. He was going to get the boys when he heard their peals of laughter throughout the staircase.

Draco and Harry leaned over one of the banisters.

“Hey, dad.”

“Hey, Uncle Severus.”

“What may I ask are you doing?” Severus asked again.

“Coming down for lunch,” Harry said. Harry tried his best to stop laughing long enough to answer his dad.

Draco gave up trying to reply; he was laughing too hard.

“Well, come down,” Severus said. “I would like for you to eat while the food is still warm.”

“Coming,” both boys said at the same time.

Harry and Draco were coming down at full speed. When the two boys got to the last staircase, Severus didn’t think they even touched any of the steps. Severus opened his arms and the boys fell into both arms, Harry on the left and Draco on the right. Both boys were laughing as Severus started poking their sides.

 “What am I going to with you two?” Severus asked, putting his hands on his hips.

“Absolutely nothing,” Draco said, smugly, stepping away from his godfather. “You love us too much.”

“Yeah,” Harry said, agreeing with Draco. Unlike Draco, Harry leaned into his father.  

“That is true,” Severus said, tightening his arm around Harry. He opened his arm for Draco to come back to him, and the three of them made their way towards the Great Hall.

___000____0000____0000

Dolores Umbridge was sitting at her desk when an owl came in and dropped the Daily Prophet on her desk. Putting aside what she was working on, she reached for the paper. Seeing the article at the front made her almost drop the paper.

The main story was about Lucius Malfoy’s memorial service. There was a large photo of several people standing by the grave stone. Draco was standing next to another child with a known Death Eater standing behind them. Then behind them was the Headmaster and Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts.

This cannot be. Dolores pulled a magnifying glass out of her side drawer and put it on the picture. She looked at the other boy she couldn’t recognize. The magnified boy in the picture was Harry Potter.

Dolores gripped the paper and rushed out of her office. She always held herself as a dignified witch. She held herself to a high standard. But seeing that article in today’s paper, all those standards went out the window.

Minister Fudge was sitting behind his desk looking over paperwork when his office door came open and the door hitting the adjoining wall.

“Undersecretary,” Cornelius said. “What is the meaning of this?”

Dolores slapped the paper on the Minster’s desk.

“Look at this,” Dolores squealed.

Cornelius looked at the paper and looked back up at Dolores.

“Forgive me,” Cornelius said. “What am I missing?”

Dolores slammed her finger on the picture.

“This is Severus Snape. The Death Eater, standing next to Harry Potter!”

Cornelius pulled the paper closer to his face. Now he could see that it was indeed Harry Potter.

“I thought he was with his muggle relatives,” Cornelius said. “Find someone to check this out. This is very important.”

“I know the perfect person,” Dolores said, walking out of the office.

___000___000___000

Everyone was sitting at the table in the Great Hall having breakfast. The boys were whispering amongst themselves. Albus and Minerva were talking with Filius and Pomona. Severus was reading the morning Prophet.

“Well, this is unexpected,” Severus said.

Albus turned to Severus, “What’s wrong?”

Severus didn’t answer. He looked at the boys sitting across from him and saw that they were talking more than eating.

“Are you boys finished?” Severus asked.

“Yeah,” Draco said.

“Go have fun,” Severus said.

Both boys got up and was about to leave when Draco stopped and looked at their Grandpa.

“Grandpa Albus,” Draco said. “Can we come see you later?”

“There is no reason to ask permission,” Albus said, smiling. “You boys are always welcome.”

“Thanks Grandpa,” both boys said at the same time, then turned and ran out of the Great Hall.

“To think,” Minerva mused. “Last year, they were at each other’s throat. It’s amazing how they are now.”

“So true,” Albus said, then turned his attention to Severus. “What is it that you wanted to talk about?”

Severus gave the paper to Albus. “Have you seen this?”

Albus looked at the picture and sighed. “Yeah, I knew this picture was taken. I hoped that they wouldn’t publish it.”

“What is it?” Minerva asked, reaching for the paper. “Oh dear,” she said, after reading the article.

___000___000___000

Draco and Harry ran out to the front courtyard.

“What did you have in mind, today?” Harry asked.

“You want to go see Hagrid?” Draco asked.

“You want to spend time with Hagrid?” Harry asked, skeptical. “I didn’t think you liked Hagrid.”

“I didn’t,” Draco said, glumly. “But before we started…well before you helped me, Hagrid let me sit with Fang. It helped.”

“Well,” Harry shrugged. “Come on.”

Both boys ran towards Hagrid’s hut. That was the plan, but it didn’t happen. A blinding light flashed in front of the boys and they were both knocked to the ground.

An alarm sounded in the Great Hall. All the adults were on their feet running towards the Hall entrance.

“The courtyard,” Albus barked out before apparating out of the school. It was one of the benefits of being the Headmaster.

Severus blasted the Entrance door opened before flying out of the door. The Potions Master got to Albus first. Albus was kneeling on the ground. Severus stomach dropped. He could see blond hair against the green of the grass. He landed on his knees next to the boy.

Draco was unconscious. There was no physical damage on the child. Severus breathe a sigh before his heart squeezed. The boys left out at the same time. Looking around Severus couldn’t see him. His son was nowhere to be found.

“Where’s Harry?” Severus said. “Where’s Harry?!”

Albus looked around the grounds. The usual twinkle in his eyes were gone. There were only harsh and cold blue eyes looking around.

The rest of the adults made it to where Albus and Severus were. Minerva could see Severus shaking, while he picked up Draco’s limp body off the ground. Minerva put her hand on Draco’s chest and could feel it rise and fall. That scare left her.

“Severus,” Minerva said. “Take Draco to Poppy.”

“Harry’s missing,” Severus said.

“We’ll look for Harry. But you need to have Draco checked out.”

Severus stood up and rushed back into the building and went towards the Infirmary.

“Albus,” Minerva said, standing next to Albus. “What do you think happened?”

“I’ll have to check it out,” Albus said. “But I know someone crossed the warding. Someone took Harry.”

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 13: More Puzzle Pieces by mandancie
Author's Notes:
Warning: There is a harsh spanking in this chapter. Please no flamers!!

Poppy cast a diagnostic charm on Draco as soon as Severus lowered the child on the bed. The results came quickly.

Severus started pacing as soon as he laid Draco on the bed. He was worried about his godson. But he was frantic about his son. Who could take Harry off Hogwarts grounds? Why would they take Harry?

“Well,” Poppy said. “The good news is Draco is okay. There are no lasting or lingering effects. Someone put a sleeping charm on him. He’s only asleep.”

Severus paused and walked over to the bed and knelt at the side of it. He combed his fingers in Draco’s hair.

“He’ll wake up,” Severus said. It was more of a statement than a question.

“He’ll be fine,” Poppy confirmed, putting her hand on Severus’ shoulders.

Minerva walked into the Infirmary. Severus looked up at his mother. He could see how stressed she looked.

“Harry?” Severus said. His voice no louder than a whisper.

“He’s nowhere on the grounds,” Minerva sighed, tears pooling in her eyes.

___000___000___000

Harry woke up. The first thing he did was reach for his glasses but realized they were still on his face. Harry opened his eyes to see where he was. He saw that he was in a room. It wasn’t big. Lifting to his elbow, Harry saw that he was on a cot. The light was dim, but he could see shapes and shadows.

Harry swung his legs off the bed, sitting up. Before he could put his feet on the floor, the door opened. A tall man walked in the room.

“Who are you?” Harry asked. “Where am I?”

“You must be happy that I got you away from those people,” the man said.

“What?”

“We will get you back to your relatives soon,” the man said. He moved more into the room.

Harry slid back on the cot until he was against the wall.

“My relatives?” Harry squeaked. “I don’t want to go back to my relatives.”

“Yes, you do,” the man said. “They have been so worried about you.”

“Who are you? I want my daddy,” Harry said.

“I’m Josiah,” the man said. “I work for the Minster. We saw that you were taken from your relatives so we got you before you could get hurt.”

Josiah reached for Harry. Harry didn’t want to move. He started attacking the man’s hand. Kicking and scratching. He wanted his daddy. He wanted his Aunt Minnie. He wanted his Grandpa Albus. He wanted his big brother. Harry finally found a family that loved him and didn’t hurt him and now he was taken away.

Josiah was getting angry as he continued to fight this child. It should not take this much effort to get this scrawny child back to his muggle relatives. Harry swung a kick and Josiah was able to grip the child’s ankle.

“Let me go,” Harry screamed.

“I’ll teach you a lesson,” Josiah growled. “You’ll learn to respect your elders.

Josiah sat down on the cot, pulling Harry by his leg until he was close enough. The man gripped Harry’s arms and pulled him over his lap. Harry started squirming more. The child was hanging off the man’s lap. His arms were stuck behind his back. Josiah moved his leg so he could trap Harry’s legs between his knees. Harry knew he couldn’t move.

Harry’s fight slowly diminished, but he still tried to squirm.

“You will never kick me,” Josiah said harshly.

Josiah raised his hand high and let it fall hard on the small child’s bum.

Harry gasped at how hard the man hit him. When his dad spanked him, it wasn’t this hard. This hurt. This hurt real bad.

Harry tried to keep his tears at bay, but his bum was feeling like it was on fire. He didn’t want to give this man the satisfaction. He remembered the spanking he got from his daddy; it wasn’t this hard. It was like this man wanted to really hurt Harry.

The smacks continued. It seemed to not stop. Harry had long given up trying not to cry. His bum didn’t feel like it was his anymore. He knew that it would be a long time before he could sit down at all.

Josiah kept the smacks coming until his temper finally calmed down. Harry a long since stop fighting. When he landed the last smack, which was harder than the many previous smacks, he quickly stood Harry up in front of him.

“I hope I won’t have to do that again,” Josiah said.

Harry’s glasses were askew on his face. His face was blotchy and red. Tears and mucus were drenched on the child’s face. Josiah conjured a dry flannel and wiped Harry’s face.

The harsh cloth felt scratchy on the child’s face. When the mean man wiped around his nose, it hurt Harry’s sensitive skin. Harry wanted is daddy. He wanted to be wrapped in his daddy’s strong arms, hearing the soothing sounds of his heartbeat.

“Right,” Josiah said, vanishing the flannel. “Let’s get you back to your relatives.”

There was no more fight in Harry. It hurt to walk, but the way the man was pulling Harry, the child knew that the man didn’t care if he was hurt or not. Just the thought of that made tears pool in his eyes. He just wanted to curl up in a corner somewhere and cry his heart out. The pain was deeper than the just the spanking. When Josiah grabbed his wrist, he pulled Harry out of the room. Harry didn’t struggle. Harry wanted his daddy.

Since he was with his dad, Harry didn’t have to worry about being hit or yelled at or bullied. Now he was going back to the horror of living with his relatives. He didn’t want to go. But what could he do? He couldn’t get to his dad.

___0000___0000____0000___00

Draco started to stir on the Infirmary cot. Severus was at his side instantly.

“Dragon,” Severus said, softly. “Dragon, wake up for me.”

Draco started to stretch when he felt someone by him. He turned his head and saw his godfather looking at him.

“Hey, Uncle Sev,” Draco said.

“Dragon,” Severus said smiling. “Are you okay?”

Draco raised his arms with his elbows above his head. It felt fine. It just seemed like he woke up in the morning.

“I’m fine,” Draco said. He tried to sit up, but Severus put his hand on Draco’s chest keeping him lying down. “Uncle Sev.”

“Dragon,” Severus said. “What is the last thing you remember?”

Draco looked at his godfather. He thought back. What was the last thing he remember? The Room of Requirement. The stairs. Lunch. A blank.

“Lunch,” Draco said. “What time is it?”

“Just a little after three,” Severus said. “You don’t remember anything after having lunch?”

Draco thought back. He looked around the room and noticed that him and his godfather were the only ones in the room.

“Where’s Harry?” Draco asked.

“Are you sure you don’t remember what happened after lunch?” Severus asked again, ignoring Draco’s question.

“Where’s Harry?” Draco asked, getting anxious. “Where is my baby brother? Where is he?”

Severus looked down at his hands and then back up to his godson.

“You and Harry stated at lunch that you were going to see Hagrid.”

Draco now remembered Harry and him saying that. He could see in his mind, them laughing, running down to the small cottage. Then there was a blinding light.

“You two never made it. When we got to you, you were the only one on the pathway.”

___000___000___000___000

Josiah apparated in the side alley close to Privet Drive. He didn’t wait for Harry to gather himself after the side-apparation. The child stumbled as he was being pulled. His face was pale as he tried to keep his stomach from emptying itself. After passing a few houses, Harry started to feel better from getting there, but a new feeling of dread crept up his spine as he saw his relative’s home getting closer and closer.

Daddy, Harry thought. You promised that I would never come back here. Please, whatever I did wrong, I’m sorry. Please don’t leave me here.

Tears burned Harry’s throat when they were coming up the walkway that led to the door of Number 4.

Josiah rang the doorbell and stepped back. His hand still had a firm grip on the small child next to him, so he wouldn’t get it into his mind that he could run.

The door opened and Aunt Petunia was there with a smile on her face. Harry never saw her smile in his direction.

“Oh, my goodness,” Petunia said. She sounded happy and relieved. She reached out, pulling Harry towards her chest giving him a hug and a kiss on top of his head. “You found my lovely nephew. How can I ever repay you?”

“I’m just happy that I was able to return him safely to you,” Josiah said, turning away. “You have a wonderful day.”

“Thank you,” Petunia said, sweetly. She pushed Harry out to arm’s length but did not let him go.

As soon as Josiah couldn’t be seen, Petunia’s grip tightened on Harry’s shoulder. Harry yelped at the pain as he was pushed into the door.

“Is that no go waste of space here?” Vernon asked, his voice coming from the other room.

“It’s back,” Petunia snarled. Her sweet talk from before was long gone.

Vernon appeared in the doorway of the kitchen.

“So, you think you can run away and that will be it,” Vernon said, taking off his belt. “You will learn your place if I have to beat it from you.”

Harry wanted to back away from his uncle. He wanted to run upstairs, but Aunt Petunia still had a hold of his shoulder.

Daddy, Harry thought. Whatever I did, watching his uncle come closer, I’m sorry. Please, can I come home?

___000___000___000___000

Albus paced the length of his chambers. This wasn’t right. Who would have the power to get through the warding around Hogwarts? Hogwarts was the safest place in Scotland. Every Headmaster put their own special warding over the school. The warding of the previous Headmaster wasn’t replaced. The new Headmaster would just add it on.

Every portrait in the Headmaster’s office all had a hand in putting up warding. Not to mention the school itself had its own warding to begin with. When Albus came back to his chambers, the first place he went to was his wall of trinkets. He had expressed to Harry that each one was special in their own way. The one he was looking for was right in front. There was nothing wrong or broken on this trinket, meaning that whoever came for some reason wasn’t a threat to the school. That puzzled Albus.

Albus was taking out of his musing by his fireplace lighting up.

“Albus,” a voice called in the green flames.

“Amelia,” Albus said, walking to the hearth. “What is it?”

“I need to come through,” Amelia said. “It’s important.”

“Come.”

A moment later, Amelia Bones walked out of the flames.

“I came as soon as I heard,” Amelia said in a panic.

“Calm down, my dear,” Albus said, walking Amelia towards one of the cushy chairs. “What is it?”

“I was doing my reports,” Amelia said, out of breath. “I learned that the Minster is taking Harry to his relatives. I was curious and I was going to find out more when I saw Josiah pulling Harry out of one of the offices.”

“Thank you, Amelia,” Albus said.

Albus pulled out his wand and cast a Patronus, calling Minerva and Severus to his office. It only took a moment for the two of them to show up. Before Severus left Draco with the order to rest, he asked Poppy to keep an eye on the child and let him know if anything changes.

“Albus,” Minerva said when she walked in the room. “What’s going on?”

“Amelia has just informed me she knows where Harry is,” Albus said.

“Where is he?” Severus asked. “Is he alright? Who has him?”

Minerva put her hand on Severus’ shoulder. “Let’s give her a chance to answer.”

“Someone stole my child,” Severus growled.

“And we are trying to get him back,” Albus said. “Please, calm yourself.”

Severus sighed and started pacing the office. His emotions were a mix of worry and anger. He knew he should calm down, but he couldn’t. Someone stole his child.

“Where were they taking Harry?” Minerva asked Amelia.

“Back to his relatives,” Amelia sighed. “Actually, he should be there now.”

“His relatives,” Severus said. “My son is back with those vile creatures who abused my son.”

Severus turned and headed towards the door. When he was about to leave, he couldn’t open it.

“Let me out, old man,” Severus growled turning around. His rant died down when he saw that it was Minerva that had her wand out not Albus.

“You will calm yourself,” Minerva said. “You are not going to get the child. Albus and I will go.”

“He’s my son,” Severus growled.

“And you will be of no use to them if you are taken to Azkaban for killing those people,” Minerva said, just as roughly.

Severus didn’t retort but his anger was still known.

“Now,” Minerva said calmly. “Albus and I will go retrieve out grandchild. You will stay here and watch after Dragon. We’ll be back soon.”

Severus reluctantly agreed. He walked over to the fireplace, took a pinch of floo powder, and called out his destination: The Infirmary.

“Are you ready to go?” Minerva asked.

“Amelia, will you come with us?” Albus asked. “I would like someone from the Ministry to be there and document what we see so this will not happen again.”

“I’ll come,” Amelia said, nodding her head.

The three adults went to the fireplace and floo’ed to Arabella Figg’s home. The owner wasn’t home, so when they left the house, Minerva stealthily locked the door back so it would appear that nothing happened.

Albus knocked on Number 4. There was a crashing sound that came through the door. Seconds later, a huge man with a mustache that covered his mouth and looked like he was going to explode as purple his fat face was.

“What do you want?” Vernon growled.

“A word,” Albus said, stepping closer towards the door.

“It’s not a good time,” Vernon said, trying to close the door on them.

Albus quickly waved his hand making the door feel like lead. The heaviness of the door made it hard for Vernon to move it.

“May we enter?” Albus said. He held out his arm so that Minerva and Amelia could enter first.

Once they were inside, the door lost its heaviness and with the strength Vernon was putting on the door, he fell forward cracking the door frame as well as the window from the force he used.

Petunia came out of the kitchen and saw who was standing in the foyer. She knew only one of them.

“Why are you here?” Petunia screeched.

“Where is Mr. Potter?” Minerva asked. “We’ve come to pick him up and take him home.”

“The freak is staying here,” Vernon bellowed. “Your kind wants us to keep him here. They’re paying us a sizable amount to keep the brat here.”

“Really,” Amelia said. “How much are you being paid?”

“A thousand pounds a month,” Vernon said with pride. “We were happy at first to be rid of the freak, but since he’s going to get us that kind of money then we can stand his presence longer.”

Minerva took a deep breath. After hearing what this excuse for a muggle said, she was glad she made Severus stay at Hogwarts. Though, it was difficult for her to not curse them.

Minerva pulled out her wand and quietly incanted a point-me spell. It didn’t take long for it to let her know where Harry was. The cupboard under the stairs. She walked over to the small door.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Petunia said, putting her hand on Minerva’s arm.

Minerva looked down at her arm and back at the woman who dared touch her. The look Minerva gave the woman was so cold that Petunia visibly shrunk away from the Transfiguration Professor and let Minerva go.

Minerva opened the door. What she saw made her so angry the room shook. It effectively stopped the conversation between Vernon and Albus. Amelia walked over to Minerva and looked in the cupboard.

“Sweet Merlin,” Amelia gasped, putting her hand over her mouth.

“You will leave my house,” Vernon demanded.

Albus ignored the man and went to see what the women were looking at. It took a lot to make Albus angry. Albus felt rage. The last time he felt like this was after his sister was attacked. It was taking a lot for the wizard to not destroy this house and everyone in it.

“Amelia, dear,” Albus said, softly. “Is this enough for you to do what you need?”

“Yes, Albus,” Amelia said, not taking her eyes off the cupboard.

“Good,” Albus said. His voice was still soft. “Please get the paperwork and all the other things you will need to get this taken care of, so we won’t have to go through this again.”

Amelia was stuck where she stood. Minerva put her hand on Amelia’s arm to get her out of her trance. The two women looked at each other. Minerva nodded and Amelia apparated out of the house.

“Minerva,” Albus said. “Would you be a dear and take Harry back home?”

As much as she wanted to do that, deep down she knew she couldn’t. She knew Albus. When she left, there was no protecting these vile creatures. They needed to pay for what they done.

“No, Albus,” Minerva said. “You will take your grandson.” She turned and faced Albus. “Like I told Severus, you are no good to them if you’re in Azkaban. You take Harry out of there. If you’re holding Harry, then they live.”

Albus knew Minerva was right. Taking a deep breath, Albus knelt in front of the cupboard. He got a better view of inside. Harry looked like he was tossed in the small room. His head was tilted to one side. His clothes were torn. There was the distinct smell of blood, vomit, and human waste.

Albus waved his hand and carefully floated Harry’s body out of the cupboard. Bringing him out into the light Harry’s bruises were clearly seen. Albus softly ran his fingers through the small child’s hair and felt something wet. When he looked at his hand, there was blood on his fingers. Albus wrapped his arms around his grandson, casting a small feather-weight charm on the child, and stood up.

Minerva stood behind Albus as they both looked at the boy. When Albus stood up, Minerva put her hand on Albus’ arm. Minerva looked at the Dursleys.

“You will pay for this,” Minerva said. “I promise you that.”

Minerva knew that as Headmaster Albus could apparate inside the school, so she did a side-along so she could as well.

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 14: Coming Home by mandancie

Severus walked out of the fireplace and saw that the bed was empty. Draco wasn’t there. The Potions Master rushed out of the Infirmary in search of his godson. With Harry taken back to his blasted relatives, Severus was feeling overprotective. Standing in the corridor, Severus pulled out his wand and cast a point-me spell. Following the direction, led Severus out the front doors.

When he saw that Draco left the school, Severus’ heart dropped into his stomach. Being able to fly was a plus when he had to get somewhere close by and he could do it on Hogwarts’ grounds. Severus twisted his arm and took off flying. He searched the front of the school, the quidditch pitch, even the edge of the forest; no Draco. Severus got to the gateway at the edge of the land and saw a platinum blond-headed boy walking towards Hogsmeade. Severus landed in front of the child.

“Where do you think your going?” Severus said, sternly.

Severus grabbed Draco’s arm, turning him around so that can go back to the castle.  

“I’m going to find my brother,” Draco yelled, trying to pull his arm free. “No one is telling me anything. I will not lose him too.”

“Stop this this instant,” Severus fumed. “I will not have you go missing going on a fool’s errand.”

“You can’t make me,” Draco said. He successfully pulled his arm from Severus’ grasp.

Before Draco could take a step from Severus, the Potion master grabbed Draco again, turning him to the side and smacking Draco’s bum three times. The smacks didn’t hurt per se, but it did get the right results. Severus turned Draco back to face him and the child rushed forwards and wrapped his arms around Severus’ waist.  

Severus knelt in front of Draco. Pulling the child out to arm’s length.

“I know you are worried about Harry,” Severus said. Tears pooled in the grey orbs. “I am too. But Granny Minnie and Grandpa Albus are going to get Harry. They know where he is, and they’re bringing him home.”

Draco fell against his godfather and wrapped his arms around his neck, crying on his shoulder. Severus whispered a feather-weight spell and picked Draco up, taking him back to the castle. Once in the castle, Severus walked to his chambers. He figured he would wait there for word on his son.

___000___000___000

Albus and Minerva apparated directly into the Infirmary. Minerva noticed that Draco and Severus weren’t there, and she was glad that they weren’t. She wanted Poppy to get an assessment on Harry before they saw the child. Albus laid Harry on one of the cots.

“Poppy,” Minerva called out.

Poppy walked out of her office.

“Did you find him?” Poppy asked when she saw Minerva.

“Here,” Albus said, standing straight by the cot.

Poppy was at Harry’s side instantly. She had her wand out preforming a diagnostic of the child. Once the results came on the parchment. Poppy gasped.

“What is it?” Minerva said, walking over to Poppy.

“Albus, help me,” Poppy said, urgently. “We need to lay Harry on his stomach.”

“Why?” Minerva and Albus said at the same time.

“He was beat repeatedly from his back to his thighs.”

The three adults were able to move Harry carefully. Once they were finished, Poppy moved the screens to give Harry some privacy and waved her wand vanishing Harry’s clothes except for his underwear.

“Sweet Merlin,” Minerva gasped.

Albus tried to contain his anger. He needed to make sure that the ministry nor Harry relatives ever do this again.

“Poppy,” Albus said, his voice was soft. “Make sure you get plenty of pictures and a list of all Harry’s ailments. I want this documented.”

Albus didn’t wait for a response. He turned and left the Infirmary.

“I’m going to find Severus,” Minerva said.

“Lock the doors when you leave, Minerva,” Poppy said. “I want to get Harry comfortable before Severus and Draco sees him.”

Minerva nodded and walked out of the Infirmary.

Poppy started the process of healing Harry as best as she could. Most of the marks on Harry’s back would have to heal on its own. But the open wounds could be fixed. Poppy started with the child’s head. She was happy to see that it was just a gash wound and there was no damage to his skull. She cleaned the wound and wrapped it. She then did a skeletal diagnostic to make sure there were no broken bones. Again, Harry was fine from that which meant that it was just healing what she saw. There were no underling problems. The matron set off to work.

___000___000___000

Minerva walked down to the dungeons. She wasn’t sure where Severus would be, but she would start at the obvious place: his chambers or his private lab. Knocking on the door, she sighed when it opened. Minerva walked in and waved her hand on the door, locking it.

“Severus,” Minerva said.

“Is he home?” Severus asked.

Severus was sitting on the sofa. Draco was still wrapped in his godfather’s arms.

“He’s in the Infirmary,” Minerva said.

Severus turned and looked at his mother. He could see a distraught look in her face.

“What did they do to him?” Severus said, carefully laying Draco on the sofa. Draco fell asleep more from emotional exhaustion than being tired. Severus stood and walked towards Minerva.

“They beat him,” Minerva said.

Severus paled, looking at his mother. He stepped around her and rushed to the door, noticing that he again couldn’t open the door.

“Let me out,” Severus said. “I need to be with my son.”

“And you will,” Minerva said, facing her son. “But Poppy has to fix him up. And she can’t do that if you are hovering over her. She will call as soon as she’s done. Plus, she has to document everything that she does.”

Severus turned and walked back to the sofa. He was filled with nervous energy, so he started pacing.

“I promised him that he would never have to see those people again,” Severus said.

“I know,” Minerva said. “It was the Ministry that did this. They were the ones that took Harry off the pathway where we found Dragon. Amelia saw someone pulling Harry out of one of the offices that’s why she came here. We got to the Dursley’s as fast as we could.”

“And in that short time of having him they were able to beat him so badly that I have to wait to see him?” Severus fumed.

Minerva said nothing.

Draco woke up after hearing his godfather’s voice.

“Uncle Sev,” Draco said, sitting up on the sofa. “What’s wrong?”

Severus knelt in front of Draco. “Dragon, they brought Harry home.”

“He’s home,” Draco said, excitedly. “Where is he?”

“He’s in the Infirmary,” Severus said. “Poppy has to work on him first before we can see him.”

“They hurt Harry?” Draco asked.

Severus nodded. Draco looked back and saw his Granny Minnie.

“As soon as Poppy calls for us,” Minerva said. “We will go see Harry, alright.”

Draco nodded.

___000___000___000

Albus was sitting at his desk. He knew there was many things that he should be doing, but he couldn’t start on them. How Harry looked was still in his mind. So much of him wanted to go back to those people and give them a taste of what they afflicted on Harry.

It had been a long time since he felt like this. It was his sister, Ariana.

Ariana was a beautiful girl. She loved life. She was a pleasure to be around. She wanted to make friends with whomever she met. But that light in her spirit was dimmed when she was attacked by three boys.

After the attack, she stayed to herself. That pleasant sweet child was killed the day those boys forced their way on her. She stopped doing magic. She wouldn’t even leave her room.

Albus remembered how angry he was after what he learned happened. No one could tell him anything. Not even Aberforth. Albus’ mission was to make those boys hurt. And that’s what he did. They didn’t last long.

It was a dark time for Albus.

A side of him that he tries to keep buried. He was doing fine keeping that side of him at bay, but after seeing the small child crumpled in that small space woke something up in him. It is taking all his willpower to stay within the school.

“Winky,” Albus called out.

A small house-elf popped in front of Albus’ desk.

“Yes, Headmaster,” Winky said.

“Please bring me some of my special tea,” Albus said. “I need to calm my nerves.”

“Right away, Headmaster,” Winky said. She disappeared instantly.

Seconds later, a small tea service appeared on Albus’ desk. It was a brew of lemon drop tea. Severus complained the entire time he mixed the tea leaves to Albus’ specifications. Minerva laughed at him but left him alone about it.

Albus poured him the tea and sipped it. The tea did its job. It calmed his nerves. He knew after drinking his tea, he would be able to properly deal with the Ministry and the Dursleys without being sent to Azkaban.

___000___000___000

Amelia walked in her office. She had to regroup before she got the paperwork together. After a few moments, she went to her desk and pulled out an empty phial. She brought up the memory of seeing Harry Potter in that cupboard and pulled a silvery strand from her temple, carefully placing it within the phial.

Amelia wrote out a detailed report of everything she saw and did. From the time she saw Josiah pulling Harry out of one of the offices to meeting the Dursleys. Nothing was left out. She knew she needed to go back to Hogwarts.

Once the paperwork was done, she went to her mantle and pulled out some powder. Dropping a small bit in the fire, she called out.

“Albus.”

“Come through, my dear.”

She grabbed a little more floo powder and stepped through.

Albus was sitting at his desk when Amelia walked in.

“Do you have everything?” Albus asked.

“Yes,” Amelia said, walking over to his desk. “I’m just waiting for the medical reports.

Albus stood up and walked over to the fireplace. Waving his hand, the fire turned green (one of the benefits of being Headmaster). “Poppy.”

Poppy’s voice came through the flames. “Yes, Albus.”

“How are you doing? Are you finished?” Albus asked.

“Yes,” Poppy said. “I was just about to send a Patronus to Severus so that he could come.”

“We’ll meet you there,” Albus said, waving his hand again, cutting off the connection.

___000___000___000

Poppy had Harry propped up on two pillows. His arms were over pillows so was his legs. She had a cushioning charm under Harry so that he would be in pain laying on his back. Once Harry was set, she unlocked the doors and sent a Patronus out. She knew that within a few moments several people would be descending in the ward.

“Harry,” Poppy said, combing his fringe out of his face. “Just take it easy.  Your dad is coming.”

Harry didn’t wake up fully, but he was moaning while she was working on the child. So, she constantly talked to him so he would know he was safe.

Poppy heard a lot of footsteps, so she put a silencing charm over Harry. He was calm now she didn’t want to overwhelm him. Seconds later, the doors swung open with Severus and Draco coming in, followed by Minerva, then Albus and Amelia.

Draco ran to Harry side. Poppy was able to remove the silencing charm when Draco got close.

“Harry,” Draco called. “Harry, wake up.”

“He’s still healing,” Poppy said.

“When will he wake up?” Draco asked.

“I’m not sure. A few hours. A few days. His body has to heal.”

Severus walked over to Poppy and pulled her to the side.

“What are his injuries?”

Amelia, Albus and Minerva walked over to Poppy.

“He was beaten,” Poppy said. “Some of them are just welts. It is the open cuts on his back, bum and thighs that needs to heal. I must keep a watch on them. I don’t want them to get infected.”

“Has he woken up?” Severus asked.

“No,” Poppy said. “Not really. He moaned a little, and I would talk to him, but he hasn’t fully woken up.”

Severus stepped away from them and walked to the other side of the bed. He pulled up a chair and sat down next to his child. Draco walked over to him. Severus pulled him up on his lap, holding his godson, looking at his son.

All the adults watched Severus as he sat down. Wanting to give them a little privacy, they walked into Poppy’s office so they could talk.

Albus was the last one in the office and closed the door.

“Were you able to document Harry’s injuries?” Amelia asked.

“Yes,” Poppy said, handing over a small stack of parchments. “This is everything. I did a deeper diagnostic on him. He doesn’t have broken bones now, but he did have some before. There were a lot of injuries that Harry’s endured over the years. Some his magic healed. Some probably he had to suffer through.”

“I’ll add this to what we saw at the Dursleys,” Amelia said. “Is there anything else I need before I get this filed?”

Poppy pulled a phial out of her apron pocket.

“This is my memories of Harry’s injuries now,” Poppy said. “This needs to be addressed. No one should have to live like this.”

Amelia took the phial and the paperwork.

“I’ll get this started,” Amelia said, walking out of the office. She stopped and looked at Severus. He was still in the same spot he was when they went into the office.

“Severus,” Amelia said in a low voice.

Severus looked up at Amelia.

“Know that I will do everything in my power to make sure this will never happen again. And to punish those who were directly and indirectly responsible.”

“I know you will,” Severus said. “Just promise me. When you find the person, who took Harry to those people, let me know.”

“Will do,” Amelia said.

Amelia walked to the fireplace and floo away. Severus sat in the chair slightly rocking back and forth, watching over his son.

___000___000___000

Amelia walked towards her office. She had an associate that would do some of her leg work for her. Stephanie was a sweet girl but could track down anyone. If there was someone that was hiding, she would be the one to find them. Amelia joked with her that she was a bloodhound.

Well, right now, she needed Stephanie’s expertise.

“Steph,” Amelia called, walking past her desk. “Can I see you for a moment?”

“Sure,” Stephanie said. “I’ll be there in a sec.”

Amelia went into her office. By the time she was walking around her desk, Stephanie walked in.

“Close the door,” Amelia said.

“What do you need?” Stephanie said, sitting down after the door was closed.

“A couple of hours ago, a child was taken back to his abusive relatives. I, along with two others, were able to rescue the child, but he was beaten pretty bad.”

“What do I need to do?” Stephanie said. “Find the relatives.”

“No, I know who and where they are,” Amelia said. “What I need is who from here ordered it and who implemented it.”

“It was someone from here?” Stephanie asked.

“Yes,” Amelia said. “I know you will be discreet and thorough.”

“I love stuff like this,” Stephanie said, smiling. “Give me an hour.”

Stephanie walked out of the office. Amelia didn’t have to worry. Stephanie would find out everything within that hour. Maybe less since the replacement happened a few hours ago.

___000___000___000

Severus refused to move until his son opened his eyes. Draco got up and started walking around. Severus knew that it was pent up energy. For the past couple of days, Harry and Draco became as thick as thieves. They were rarely apart.

“Uncle Sev,” Draco said.

“Yes, Dragon,” Severus said.

“Can I bring Hedwig down?” Draco asked. “She helped me. Maybe she can help Harry.”

“That sounds like a good plan,” Severus said. “Go ahead.”

Draco ran out of the Infirmary.

Severus leaned over and looked at his son. He combed his fingers through Harry’s hair.

“My sweet boy,” Severus whispered in Harry’s ear. “You are home. Home where you belong. You are safe. Draco is here. He misses his little brother. I’m here. I need my boy back.”

Severus tried to swallow down the lump in his throat. It broke his heart that his son went through this.

Surprisingly, it didn’t take Draco long to come back with Hedwig flying behind him. Hedwig landed on the side table next to Harry.

There was a popping noise. Severus and Draco looked up and saw Fawkes flying around the Infirmary. Fawkes started singing softly.

“Daddy.”

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 15: Reunions by mandancie
Author's Notes:
I would like to make amendments to the spelling of a name. It has been brought to my attention that I have been spelling Poppy Pomfrey wrong, using a “ph” instead of “f.” From here on out, Poppy’s name in this (and all my stories) will have the correct spelling.

There was a popping noise. Severus and Draco looked up and saw Fawkes flying around the Infirmary. Fawkes started singing softly.

“Daddy.”

Severus and Draco looked down and saw that Harry was looking at them. Draco couldn’t help himself. He launched himself on the side of the bed. He landed on the pillow that Harry’s arm was resting on. Harry turned his head and looked at his brother.

“Draco, careful,” Severus chided softly.

“Harry,” Draco said. “I’m so happy you’re here. You can’t leave me again.”

“I missed you,” Harry said. His voice was no louder than a whisper. “I’m so happy to see you. I thought I would never see you again.”

“Never,” Draco said, fiercely.

“Harry,” Severus said, moving strands of Harry’s hair from his forehead.

“Daddy,” Harry said, looking over to Severus. “Why would you? You promised that I would never leave here.”

“Oh, Harry,” Severus soothed, leaning closer to the bed. “I never sent you away. Someone took you from me. The minute we were alerted that something happened we searched for you.”

“You still want me?” Harry asked, tears pooling his eyes.

“You are my son,” Severus said. “I will always want you. You are mine.”

Severus’ tone was so ferocious that Harry had to blink.

Whatever doubt that Harry had before was gone. His dad wanted him. Tears streamed down his cheeks into his hair. Severus moved closer and kissed Harry on his forehead.

Severus sat back down in the chair.

“Harry,” Severus said.

Harry looked over at his dad.

“Can you tell me what happened?”

Harry looked from his dad to Draco, who was now sitting on the edge of the bed, back to his dad.

“We were going to see Hagrid,” Harry said. “When I woke up, I was in a room. A man came in telling me that he was taking me back to my relatives. But you promised that I wasn’t going back.”

“If I could have prevented it,” Severus said, shaking his head, “I would never let you set foot on Privet Drive.”

“I asked for you,” Harry said. “He said no.”

“Who was he?” Severus asked.

“He—he said,” Harry started, furrowing his brow. “I think it was Josiah.”

A moan came from Harry and Severus figured it was enough.

“Try and get some sleep,” Severus said, combing his fingers through Harry’s hair. “We’ll talk more later.”

“I don’t want to,” Harry said. His voice started to slur.

“I promise we’ll be here when you wake up,” Severus said.

Harry shook his head. His breathing started to become erratic.

“Calm down, Harry,” Severus said, rubbing Harry’s chest. “Calm down for me.”

“Harry,” Draco said.

Harry turned and looked at his brother.

“I will not move from this spot,” Draco declared. “Can you feel my hand?”

Harry looked down and saw Draco holding his fingers. He smiled.

“Yeah,” Harry said, smiling a little.

“Well focus on feeling that,” Draco said.

“I’m glad I’m back with you,” Harry said.

“I’m glad you’re back too,” Draco said. “Get some rest. I’ll be here, little brother.”

Harry laughed a little before closing his eyes.

“I’ll be back, Dragon,” Severus said. “I’m going to get your grandparents.”

___000___000___000

Amelia was working on paperwork to file charges on whoever took Harry from Hogwarts. There was a rapid series of knocks on her door.

“Come in, Stephanie,” Amelia said, not looking up from her work.

Amelia knew that if Stephanie was knocking like that, she had information for her. Stephanie rushed in, closing and locking the door behind her.

“Well,” Amelia said, looking up when she heard the lock. “You must’ve found something interesting.”

“Does Undersecretary Umbridge strike you as interesting?” Stephanie asked. She had a huge smile on her face.

“Dolores Umbridge took Harry Potter from Hogwarts?” Amelia asked, incredulously.

“Oh, no,” Stephanie said. “She orchestrated it. She sent one of her minions to take the child.”

“Did you find out who physically removed the child?” Amelia asked.

“Yeah,” Stephanie said, nodding. “His name is Josiah.”

“I know him,” Amelia said. “I saw him taking Harry out of here.”

“Well, what he didn’t know,” Stephanie said, “there is surveillance in the room Harry was placed.”

“Did you see what was on it?”

Stephanie nodded.

___000___000___000

Severus walked into Albus’ chambers. Albus and Minerva were sitting on the sofa. Neither one was talking. Minerva looked to see who came in.

“How’s he doing?” Minerva asked.

“He woke up,” Severus said, sitting in the chair across from the sofa. “I passed Poppy on the way here; she’s going back to check on Harry and keep an eye on him and Dragon.”

“Did he say anything about what happened?” Minerva asked.

“A little,” Severus said. “I didn’t want to push him too much.”

The flames turned green, and Amelia’s voice came through.

“Albus, Minerva,” Amelia called out. “Either of you there?”

Albus stood up and walked to the hearth, cast a cushioning charm, and got on his knees.

“Have you found something out, Amelia?” Albus asked.

“I’ve found plenty,” Amelia said. “Can I come through?”

“By all means,” Albus said standing up.

A few seconds later, Amelia was walking through.

“Severus,” Amelia said, when she saw Severus sitting in the room. “How is Harry?”

“He’s healing,” Severus said. “Draco’s with him. I don’t think the boy will leave Harry’s side.”

“I’m glad he’s here healing,” Amelia said. “I also found some things out about who and why Harry was taken. Undersecretary Umbridge didn’t like that Harry Potter was with Severus. She wanted to take him away from you. Talking about your time as a Death Eater.”

“As much as that hurts,” Severus said. “It is known that I was forced to take that mark. But I used it as an advantage and became a spy for the Light.”

“You don’t have to explain it to me,” Amelia said. “I know the help you secured for us was essential for a lot of arrests of known Death Eaters.”

“Are they going to try again?” Minerva asked.

“No,” Amelia said. “I will make sure of that.”

“Thank you,” Severus said. Amelia nodded.

“Oh, and I did find out who took Harry from here and to his relatives,” Amelia said, smirking.

“Who?” Severus asked with a glint of fury in his eye.

“His name is Josiah Yaxley,” Amelia said. “Corban Yaxley’s son.”

“I know who you’re talking about,” Severus said. “He’s a punk that likes to hurt those who can’t fight for themselves.”

“I’m going to head back,” Amelia said. “I just wanted to tell you the news I found out.”

“Thank you, Amelia,” Albus said.

Amelia nodded. She walked over to Severus bent down and whispered something in his ear. Minerva and Albus watched as their son’s face turned cold and harsh. When she stood up, Severus looked up at her and dipped his head. Without another word, she floo’ed back to her office.

Severus sat back and thought about what he was going do Mr. Josiah Yaxley.

“Severus,” Minerva said. She had a warning in her tone. “Severus, let it go.”

Severus said nothing. He just looked at Minerva.

___000___000___000

Poppy walked in the Infirmary. She smiled when she saw Draco with Harry and the two of them talking.

“Well, hello,” Poppy said, walking over to the other side of the bed. “How are you feeling? Do you need another pain reliever potion?” She leaned down and assessed her patient.

“Hi, Madam Pomfrey,” Harry said, softly. “It’s okay. It just aches a little.”

“Well, I won’t give you but a little,” Poppy said. “For a while I don’t want you to have any pain. Your body needs to heal, and it can’t do that if you are in constant pain. Be right back.”

Harry looked over at his brother and saw that there was something on his mind that he was trying not to talk about.

“What is it?” Harry asked.

Draco looked at Harry and for the first time, there were tears in his eyes. It was the first mention of pain. Hearing that just broke his heart more because Harry had to live through that.

“Look, baby brother,” Draco said, trying to keep his voice from shaking. “I can’t help you if you don’t say anything.”

“What are you talking about?” Harry asked.

“You should have said that you were feeling pain,” Draco replied. “If I knew that I would have went and gotten Uncle Sev or Madam Pomfrey. You have to tell me these things!”

Harry blinked. He had never heard Draco be like this: overprotective. Deep down it felt great knowing that there was someone that cared about him so much that he didn’t want to hurt. But there was still a small part that didn’t think anyone would worry so much about him. He looked up at Draco and saw the tears streaming down his face.

“Don’t cry,” Harry said. “I’ll tell you. I promise.”

Draco looked at Harry. He wanted to make sure Harry would talk to him. It didn’t matter if he did or not. Draco was going to make sure from now on that Harry would be looked after. He just couldn’t lose another family member.

“Good,” Draco said, wiping his face of the tear streaks. “Now, lets change the subject.”

“Okay.”

“Your birthday, of course” Draco said. “We were supposed to talk about it and go to Grandpa Albus about it.”

Harry smiled. “Yeah,” Harry said. “What should I ask for?”

“Leave that to me,” Draco said. “You just decide who you want to come.”

“Oh,” Harry said, looking down.

“What is it?” Draco asked.

“Are you going to be nice to my friends?” Harry asked.

“Well, I know I’m going to be surrounded by a bunch of stupid lions but for you I guess I can live through it,” Draco said, exasperatedly. He put his hand on his forehead as if he was going to faint.

Harry laughed.

“Do you want to invite some of your friends?” Harry asked. “I don’t want you to feel left out. I know how that feels.”

Draco was surprised by that question. He didn’t expect that but loved it at the same time.

“We’ll see,” Draco said. “Grandpa Albus has to approve it first. He may just want to keep it the people that are already here.”

“Yeah,” Harry said, nodding. “That’s true. Well even if he does, I still would have fun.”

The boys’ conversation was cut off when Poppy walked back over with a phial and a spoon. While she gave Harry his dose, the Infirmary doors opened. Draco expected to see Uncle Sev or Grandpa Albus.

“Pomfrey, I need you to give me these supplies,” a voice demanded.

Poppy sighed after closing the phial and putting in on the side table. Harry and Draco saw a man walk towards the matron. He had a purple robe with a golden sash draped over on shoulder and tied to the opposite waist. His hair looked like it had a full jar of gel on it. It looked stiff to Harry and Draco. Harry recognized him instantly. He didn’t like him when he first met him, and he knew he wouldn’t like him now.

Poppy took the parchment from Lockhart and read it.

“You must have me confused,” Poppy said, thrusting the parchment back. “I don’t supply you with these items.”

“You are the matron of this establishment, right?” Lockhart asked.

“I am,” Poppy said. “But I do not give out my supplies to anyone. They are here for the students if they should need it.”

“You ignorant woman,” Lockhart said, harshly.

Draco and Harry gasped at what the man said. Lockhart turned and saw that the adults weren’t the only ones in the Infirmary.

“A little early for taking in students, wouldn’t you say?” Lockhart sneered.

“Who I have in here is none of your business,” Poppy said, coolly. “Now if you’re done making a scene, leave.”

“How dare you?” Lockhart roared.

Harry and Draco saw Poppy roll her eyes at the dramatics of the man standing in front of her. Draco looked at Harry, and both boys started to snicker. In the hopes that they could hold in their laughter.

Lockhart walked over to the bed. Harry immediately stopped laughing when he saw the angry face of the man. Draco noticed the change in Harry’s face. Draco stood and faced the man. He stood tall like his father taught him.

“How dare you laugh at me,” Lockhart roared at Harry. “Yes, I remember you. You were very rude to me.”

Harry swallowed trying to hide his fear. His daddy wasn’t here. Grandpa Albus wasn’t here. Draco was here, but Harry didn’t think that Draco could stop the man if the man really wanted to hurt him.

Lockhart gripped Harry’s wrist, causing the child to scream out in pain. Draco jumped into action hitting and kicking the man away from his brother. Gilderoy used his other hand and pushed Draco on the opposite bed. It took a minute for the blond child to regain his footing.

Draco was determined to protect Harry. Harry had been through enough pain, and he didn’t need this man causing him more.

“Let. Him. Go,” Severus said. His baritone voice permeated throughout the entire room.

Poppy had fire-called Albus’ chambers wanting the adults to get to the Infirmary.

Hearing the new voice, Gilderoy let go of Harry’s wrist and turned to face the man.

“You need to teach this brat some manners,” Gilderoy sneered.

Severus was in the man’s face in the next breath. It surprised everyone, especially Gilderoy, at how fast Severus stood in front of the man.

“I have had a trying day,” Severus growled softly. “If you want to live through the rest of this day, then I suggest you get your pompous, arrogant, glory-hogging ass away from my boys.”

Gilderoy swallowed. The intensity in Severus’ eyes cowered the man. He had never been threatened before and prided himself of taking care of any person that stood up to him. But the look in Severus’ eyes showed that the Potions Master meant every word that came out of his mouth.

Gilderoy took a step back.

“I don’t want to have the conversation again,” Severus said in the same tone. “You will leave my boys alone.”

Gilderoy looked around and saw that there was no one who would take his position of the situation. He saw that both the Headmaster and the Deputy Headmistress were also in the Infirmary. Gilderoy knew that this didn’t look good. He needed to keep his job. And if he had to swallow his pride for a time, then he would.

“Forgive me,” Gilderoy said, taking a small bow. “I lost my head for a moment. It will not happen again.”

“It has been a long day for all of us,” Albus said, talking for the first time. “We will leave it at this for now. I expect you in my chambers in the morning explaining what took place in here.”

Gilderoy bowed again and walked out of the Infirmary without saying a word.

Once the man was gone, Severus rushed over to Harry to see how he was doing. Poppy was already fussing over the child, checking on his wrist. She wanted to make sure that Gilderoy didn’t cause any more damage.

Severus sat down on the side of Harry’s bed and leaned over the child.

“Are you alright, son?” Severus asked.

“Yeah,” Harry nodded. “I’m fine.”

Albus and Minerva walked over to the bed. Harry smiled once he saw his grandparents. Seeing them made everything that just happen disappear. Deep down Harry was happy to be back home. Poppy spooned Harry another dose, giving it to Severus to feed the child. Harry took it dutifully and sighed.

“Get some rest,” Severus said.

Harry nodded. After all the excitement, Harry was a little drained.

“Draco,” Minerva said. “Let’s get you to bed as well.”

“Can I stay down here?” Draco asked. “I don’t want Harry to believe that he’s alone.”

Minerva looked at Poppy, and the matron nodded her head.

“Alright,” Albus said. He waved his wand on the next bed making it a little more comfortable for the boy. “Go get changed,” waving his wand giving Draco a pair of pajamas, “I’ll wait here and tuck you in.”

Draco smiled and ran to the back room. It might have seemed childish wanting to be tucked in, but Draco loved the fact that someone loved him enough to wish him pleasant dreams. Draco returned to see that his Grandpa Albus connected Harry’s cot and now Draco’s cot together.

“We thought you would like it if Harry could feel that someone was next to him,” Minerva said.

Draco ran to the bed and jumped in. Harry was dozing but when he felt the bed shake a little, he opened his eyes and saw that Draco was next to him.

“G’night Dray,” Harry slurred.

“‘night,” Draco said.

Minerva tucked the blanket up to Draco’s shoulders, leaned down and kissed the boy’s head. She walked over and kissed Harry’s head. Albus and Minerva walked out of the Infirmary. Poppy went to her office.

Severus stayed for a while. He just wanted to watch his boys. Both of his boys. Severus was angry. Yes, finding Gilderoy manhandling his son upset the Potions Master, but Severus was enraged before that. Amelia whispered something very disturbing in his ear.

Josiah Yaxley better watch his back because Severus was coming for him.

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 16: The Ministry Pays by mandancie

Harry was laying on the bed. It felt comfortable. His legs didn’t hurt that much. He was glad to be back with his dad and brother. A hand grabbed his ankles. Harry opened his eyes and saw the man sitting on the end of the bed. Before Harry could get air into his lungs to scream for his dad, the man gripped Harry’s ankle, sliding the child towards him.

“Let me go,” Harry screamed. “Daddy! Let me go. Daddy!”

Harry tried and failed to kick the man. When he swung his leg, the man grabbed his other ankle. The man pulled him the rest of the way until Harry was forced to stand in front of the man.

When Harry looked up, he saw the source of his pain. The man that took him away from his home and family. Josiah.

“You will learn your place,” Josiah growled.

Josiah picked Harry up and forcefully put the child over his lap. Harry screamed, trying to wiggle out of the man’s grasp.

“Daddy! Daddy!”

“Your daddy can’t help you,” Josiah said, mockingly.

Josiah raised his hand above his head and brought it down with ferocity. The first smack made Harry buck on the man’s lap. The next smack caused Harry to buck again. The pain was unbearable.

Harry felt someone shaking him. The pain continued to increase. Everything hurt. When he felt hands under his arms, Harry was hoping that the pain would stop. Harry felt himself being pressed against a hard but comfortable object. There was something comforting about the encasement of his body. Soothing words began to wash over Harry.

“Wake up, little one. No one will hurt you. You are safe now. Daddy has you. It’s okay. Wake up for me.”

Harry began to smell his comfort. Potion ingredients. Men’s washing soap. He could hear the sounds of a heartbeat. Daddy. His daddy was here.

“Wake up for me. It’s alright. I’m here.”

Harry’s arms hurt, but he wanted to wrap his arms around his daddy. Slowly, Harry pulled his arms from his father’s hold and wrapped them around Severus’ neck.

Severus started to rock from side to side.

“Daddy,” Harry whimpered.

“I’m right here,” Severus said.

“He hurt me, daddy,” Harry said, tearfully. “He wouldn’t stop.”

Severus didn’t want to talk about this now, but if Harry was opening up, he would use this information later on.

“Who was he?” Severus asked. “What happened?”

Harry nuzzled in his father’s neck. His arms tightened around Severus. It wasn’t tight, but Severus knew he wanted comfort. That was what he was going to give his son.

After a long moment, Severus thought that Harry fell back asleep. Severus didn’t really need details about what happened. Amelia gave him the basics. That was enough. But if Harry was opening up, Severus would be there to show his support.

“When I woke up,” Harry whispered. “I was in this room. There was only a cot in there. This man came in and he said…”

“What did he say?” Severus asked when Harry didn’t finish.

“He said that,” Harry started, then turned his head so he was pressing his forehead against Severus’ shoulder. “He said that I had been taken from my relatives and he was sending me back. But you promised that I wouldn’t go back. You said it.”

Harry was getting louder and louder. Severus didn’t want Harry to have a panic attack, so he rubbed Harry back, lightly. He didn’t want to hurt Harry anymore. 

“Calm down, buddy,” Severus soothed. “I’m right here. Your right. I did say that. And I meant that. What happened next?”

“He grabbed for me,” Harry said. “I tried to get away, daddy. I really did.” Severus started shushing him. “But he grabbed my ankle.”

“What did he do after that?”

“He put me over his lap,” Harry said.

His throat tightened up just remembering what he went through.

“Daddy,” Harry cried. “He hit me. And he hit me. He wouldn’t stop. It hurt so bad. I wanted him to stop, but he wouldn’t. He just kept hitting and hitting. I thought I would never be able to sit down again. I was crying and crying and screaming for him to stop, but he wouldn’t. He just kept hitting and hitting…”

Harry couldn’t hold it in anymore. The tears came. Harry turned his head to the crook of his dad’s neck and started to cry. He cried for the pain he was subjected to. He cried that he was taken. He cried because he didn’t know if it would happen again. He didn’t want to leave his dad and Dray again. He wanted to run away. Somewhere far away so no one could find him or his family.

“Shhh,” Severus soothed. “Shhh, it’s okay. I’m here. He won’t hit you like that ever again. Daddy promises.”

“I don’t want to be taken away again,” Harry wailed.

“Oh, buddy,” Severus soothed. “You won’t be taken away. I will do my best to keep you and Dragon safe.”

For the first time in a while, Harry felt comforted by that. Knowing that his dad was going to make sure that this wouldn’t happen again made everything great. For the first time Harry felt safe.

Severus felt Harry relax in his arms. Severus knew he needed to put Harry back to bed, but for now, so that he wouldn’t rush to the Ministry and kill this Josiah, he would hold on to Harry for a while longer.

Ten minutes later, Harry was asleep in Severus’ arms. Movement on the double cot, brought Severus out of his musing.

“Is everything okay?” Draco asked, sleepiness in his voice.

“Yes,” Severus said, quietly. “It’s fine. Go back to sleep. You’ll need to be well rested if you’re going to look after your brother.”

Severus smirked when he saw Draco smile and lay back down. Minutes later, he fell back asleep.

___000___000___000

Gilderoy got up early and got ready for the day. To make sure that he was primp and pressed, he would take extra care in the bathroom. After he made sure that his hair was perfect (not a strand out of place), he headed to the Headmaster’s office.

When he got to the griffin, he noticed that it was already opened, and the steps were visible. Once he got to the top, he knocked. After a muffled command to come in, Gilderoy let himself in.

Albus was sitting behind his desk finishing up some paperwork so that he would have what he needed when he went to the Ministry. When he was finished writing, he looked at Gilderoy over his half-moon glasses.

“Would you care to tell me what happened yesterday in the Infirmary?” Albus asked, leaning back in his chair.

“It was just a misunderstanding,” Gilderoy said, dismissively.

“A misunderstanding,” Albus echoed. “Then why did I see you manhandle my grandson?”

“An oversight on my part,” Gilderoy said. “It will not happen again.”

“I would hope not,” Albus said. “It is still not too late to find another Defense professor.”

Gilderoy gulped.

“I would not like to do that,” Albus said, coolly. “But if I have to, I will. I don’t want to hear that you are mistreating my students, my grandsons included.”

“I apologize,” Gilderoy said, slightly bowing. “It will not happen again.”

“See that it doesn’t,” Albus said.

Gilderoy turned to head out of Albus’ chambers when he was stopped.

“We’re not finished,” Albus said.

“Forgive me,” Gilderoy said, walking back to Albus’ desk.

“There is one more thing I would like to address,” Albus said, his fingers steepled under his chin. “The reason you went to the Infirmary.”

“Yes,” Gilderoy said.

“Enlighten me,” Albus said, dryly.

“I went to collect some supplies,” Gilderoy said.

“I’m sure that Madam Pomfrey relayed to you that she is not obligated to supply you with anything. That you are to gather what you want on your own.”

“I understand,” Gilderoy said.

“Now, forgive me,” Albus said, standing up. He walked around his desk. “There are a lot of things that have happened that I need to give my full attention to. The last thing I want is to deal with a spoiled professor throwing a temper tantrum in the Infirmary.”

Gilderoy bristled at the phrase “temper tantrum.” He was above such childish expressions. But he was smart enough not to voice his displeasure.

“Good day, Professor Lockhart,” Albus said.

“Good day, Headmaster.”

Gilderoy left the Headmaster’s office, angry. How dare he speak to me in that tone? Gilderoy fumed. He had never been so insulted in his life. Those two brats will pay for this disgrace.

The new Defense professor went to his chambers not to be seen the rest of the day.

___000___000___000

Severus walked out of the infirmary. He was on a mission. Josiah Yaxley was going to pay.

How dare he put his hand on his son? What right did he have to so-call discipline his son?

“Severus.”

Hearing his name, Severus stopped and turned towards the voice.

“What do you want?” Severus asked.

“I want you to calm down,” Minerva said, walking closer to her son.

“I’m calm,” Severus said.

“I highly doubt that,” Minerva said. “I saw your face. I can see it now. You’re angry.”

“And why shouldn’t I be?” Severus fumed. “He hurt my son!”

“Let Albus and me deal with this,” Minerva said.

“Mother, I love you,” Severus said. “But this I will handle. If you want to talk to Cornelius, I won’t stop you, but the wizard that took my son off this property. He’s mine.”

Minerva saw the resolve in her son’s face. As much as she didn’t want Severus to get in any kind of trouble, she knew that even if said don’t go, he would still leave.

“Will you at least wait for Albus and me before you go to the Ministry?” Minerva asked with a sigh.

Severus looked at Minerva.

“I’ll wait.” Severus said.

Minerva nodded and walked away. Severus watched her leave and sighed. Deep down he wanted to just leave and deal with this himself. He waited through the night; he can wait a few more hours. He retreated to the Infirmary.

___000___000___000

Minerva enter the Headmaster’s chambers.

“Did you convince him to wait?” Albus asked.

“Yes,” Minerva said, sitting down across from Albus’ desk. “Are you almost finished? I don’t think Severus will wait for long.”

“Probably not,” Albus said. “Amelia is to send me a notice when Cornelius has returned to his office.”

“I hope she contacts you soon,” Minerva sighed.

The fireplace lit up and green flames grew large. A parchment scrolls floated in. Albus waved his hand. Albus opened the scroll and read it.

“She’s ready for us,” Albus said. He waved his wand and cast out a Patronus.

Severus was sitting by the double beds when a phoenix Patronus appeared next to him. Severus went to Poppy’s office and let her know that he was leaving. The Potions master went to the fireplace and floo’ed to the Headmaster’s chambers.

“We’re leaving,” Severus said.

“Yes,” Albus said. “We’re going to Undersecretary Umbridge. You will deal with this Josiah.”

Severus nodded.

___000___000___000

Albus, Severus and Minerva exited in Amelia’s office.

“Are we ready?” Amelia asked.

Albus and Minerva nodded.

The three wizards left the office. Severus waited a second. He had made plans with Amelia before she left Hogwarts.

Stephanie walked in.

“You, Severus?” Stephanie asked.

“Yes,” Severus confirmed. “Is the Josiah here?”

“He is,” Stephanie said, smiling. “His office is down the corridor. Room 79.”

“Thank you,” Severus said, walking out of the office, going in the opposite direction.

___000___000___000

Albus, Minerva, and Amelia walked towards the Undersecretary’s office.

“She’s busy right now.”

“I don’t believe we asked,” Minerva said, walking around the secretary’s desk. “Let her know that we’re here.”

Minerva’s voice was cold. The secretary felt a chill down her spine.

“Are you going to make us wait?” Minerva asked, coolly.

“Uh, yes, you can go in,” the secretary stuttered.

“Thank you,” Minerva said sardonically.

“Dear sweet Minerva,” Albus whispered in her ear. “You must stop scaring people.”

Amelia opened the door, walking in.

“How dare you?” a voice squeaked from inside the office.

Minerva and Albus stepped in and saw the pink nightmare sitting behind her desk. There was a man sitting across from her.

“I suggest you wait outside,” Amelia said to the man.

“Again, what is the meaning of this?” Umbridge raged, standing up.

“Oh, please,” Minerva said, waving her hand. “No need to stand on our account.”

Amelia leaned down to the man and told him it would be best if he made his appointment for another day.

The man looked from Amelia and Albus to Dolores. Not wanting to get involve with whatever was going on, the man gathered his things and rushed out of the door. He closed the door behind him.

“Now, that you’ve run out my guest,” Umbridge snarled, sitting back down. “What do you want?”

“We’re here to talk to you about the treatment you subjected to young Harry Potter,” Amelia said, sitting down in the chair that the man just vacated.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Dolores said.

“Let’s not insult each other,” Minerva said, sitting next to Amelia.

Albus waved his hand conjuring another chair for him to sit.

“There is no need for you to sit,” Dolores sneered. “You’re not staying.”

“I believe,” Amelia said, coolly, “you don’t have a say in that.  

“Please leave,” Dolores said.

“Not until we finish what we have to say,” Minerva said.

Not wanting this to last too long, Amelia decided to get straight to business.

“I’ve learned that you orchestrated the abduction and physical abuse on Harry Potter.”

“I’ve done no such thing,” Dolores adamantly said.

“We have proof,” Amelia said. “You ordered Josiah Yaxley to remove Harry Potter from his father, Severus Snape, who resided at Hogwarts, and have him taken back to his abusive relatives.”

“The Boy Who Lived does not need to be raised by some Death Eater scum.”

“Who do you think you are?” Minerva raged. She was about to rise from her chair but Albus’ hand kept her seated.

“Severus Snape was a spy for the Light,” Albus said. “He helped arranged the fall of Lord Voldemort. He was very pivotal in our pursuits. Severus is a hero.”

“He’s a Death Eater,” Dolores said. “He still bares the Mark. He should be in Azkaban.”

“You should be in Azkaban,” Minerva said.

“Mr. Potter will not continue to live with a known Death Eater,” Umbridge said, moving parchment around as if the meeting was over.

“Mr. Potter is Severus’ son,” Albus said. “You have no rights to decides where Mr. Potter stays.”

“There is no way,” Umbridge said. “James Potter is the boy’s father.”

Amelia went through her paperwork that she had, pulling out a small piece of parchment. She slid it across the desk towards Dolores. The woman in pink opened the parchment.

“I do not believe it,” Dolores said, throwing the parchment on the desk. “It is a trick. A lie. I will see that Harry Potter is safe.”

“He is only safe with us,” Albus said.

“I will be pressing charges with the Wizengamot,” Amelia said.

“You have no authority!” Dolores raged.

“Actually, being the head of Magical Law Enforcement,” Amelia said, smugly. “I have every authority. You are not immune from being charged.” Amelia turned to Albus and Minerva. “I believe we’ve said everything.”

“I believe we have,” Albus said, standing.

Albus held out his arm; Minerva grabbed hold and stood up. The three wizards walked out of Dolores’ office.

“This is not the end,” Umbridge yelled. “You will not get away with this!”

___000___000___000

Severus walked down the corridor. It didn’t take him long to find the door. He knocked on the door. There was a voice allowing entrance.

The Potions Master walked into the office. He noticed that Josiah wasn’t paying attention to him so, Severus decided to take certain measures. Instead of closing the door behind him, Severus turned and closed the door. He wanted to add an advance locking charm as well as a silencing charm so whatever happened in this office, no one would interrupt.

“How may I help you?” Josiah asked. His attention was still on what he was writing.

“Your attention would be nice,” Severus said.

“I’m really busy,” Josiah said. He still didn’t raise his head. “So, whatever you want, you need to tell me and go.”

Severus nodded. “Alright. You want to go this route I’ll be happy to oblige.”

Severus pulled his wand out of his sleeve, swiping it causing everything on the desk to shred like confetti.

“What’s the meaning of this?” Josiah said, angrily.

“Do I have your attention, now?” Severus said, calmly.

Josiah got a look at his visitor for the first time. He was a little flushed with anger, but when he saw who was standing in front of him, he paled a little.

“What are you doing here?” Josiah asked. His voice cracked a bit.

Severus raised an eyebrow as he sat down in the chair across form Josiah.

“There are a few things that needs to be settled,” Severus said.

“You’re not supposed to be here,” Josiah demanded.

“Really?” Severus said. “I thought since you had my son I could come and speak to you about it.”

“I never had your son,” Josiah denied.

“You kidnapped my son from Hogwarts and brought him here before taking him to his abusers.”

“You’re the abuser,” Josiah said, standing up. “No child should be with a Death Eater.”

Severus looked up at the man.

“I know what you did to my son,” Severus said.

“I did nothing to that boy,” Josiah said.

Severus waved his wand, murmuring an ancient spell causing the wall adjacent to Severus, showing a recording of the room that Harry was placed when he was brought to the Ministry.

Josiah looked at the wall and paled more.

“I take it you didn’t know that there were cameras in that room?” Severus asked.

The video showed Josiah walking into the room, fighting with Harry as the child tried to move away. Finally showing Josiah putting Harry over his lap and spanking the boy. Severus looked at Josiah and back at the wall.

Josiah felt sick. He knew there was no way he could talk his way out of this. He hated that he didn’t know there was camera equipment in that room.

The spanking lasted for just over ten minutes. Severus watched as Josiah finally lifted his son off of his lap and carelessly wiped his face with a rough flannel. The video stopped with Josiah forcibly pulling Harry out of the room.

The wall became blank. Severus looked at Josiah.

“Now,” Severus said. “You will tell me what right did you have beating my son like that.”

“It was a warranted act of discipline,” Josiah said.

“Warranted?” Severus said standing up. “My son told me that he cried for me. You made my son believe that he was better off with his so-called relatives. You put your hands on my son.”

Severus slowly walked towards the man. Josiah couldn’t hide his fear.

“It is taking a lot from me not to kill you where you stand,” Severus growled.

“You can’t touch me,” Josiah said, backing away from Severus. “I am a Ministry official.”

“And you think that excuse you for what you did to my child?” Severus asked. He was mere feet from Josiah.

“My base nature wants to see you suffer worse than my son did,” Severus growled. “I want to torture you until you would be begging me to kill you. I want to carve into you and use your organs into potion ingredients. And make you watch and then experiment on you.”

The more Severus talked there was a tinge of a shade of green on Josiah’s face. Josiah was sweating profusely. There was a strong scent of ammonia in the air. A small sound of liquid dripping on the hardwood floor. The man could not hide the fear. It showed on his face.

“You should count yourself lucky,” Severus said, taking a step back.

“Lucky?” Josiah squeaked.   

“I love my son and godson more that I despise you,” Severus said.

Severus stepped away from Josiah and looked down.

“After everything you did to my son, at least he was able to hold his water,” Severus said wryly.

Josiah was too afraid to move. Severus walked over to the door, waving his hand to let down the charms he put up.

“One last thing,” Severus said. “Every hit you gave my son. You will feel. The pain you caused my son. You will feel.”

Severus made a slashing motion with his wand, muttering some words. Instantly, Josiah felt every hit. The pain was excruciating. There was no sound of the beating, but the way Josiah hit Harry is what he was feeling right now.

Josiah gave a high pitch yelp at one particularly placed hit.

“Hurts, doesn’t it?” Severus said. “That’s what you did to my son. But since you are much older than Harry, you can take more pain.”

Severus turned so that he could leave the office.

“Please,” Josiah pleaded through clenched teeth. “Stop.”

“Please? Please?” Severus growled, turning to face the other man. “You have the audacity to beg me to stop after what you did to my son!” Severus waved his wand once again. “You’re older you should be able to take it…harder. Good day.”

Severus left the office hearing Josiah’s moans and cries through the door.

___000___000___000

Severus met the trio in the corridor.

“Were you able to talk to the Minister?” Severus asked.

“No,” Minerva said. “We went to the one who orchestrated the entire thing.”

“Is there anything else you need from us, Amelia? Albus asked.

“No,” Amelia said. “I think we have everything. There may be a trial and Harry have to testify, but I don’t think it might happen.”

“We’ll be at the school if you need anything,” Albus said. “Good day.”

The three Hogwarts Professors walked through the floo back to the school.

TBC

To be continued...
Chapter 17: Getting Back to Normal? by mandancie

Harry was released the next day. Draco stayed with Harry the entire time. He tried to keep Harry’s spirits up. They talked about anything and everything. Hedwig sat at the head of the bed.

Walking out of the Infirmary, Harry was walking slower, but he was enjoying the fact that he was out and able to walk around.

“Now that you’re free,” Draco said. “Where do you want to go?”

“It’s just nice to be back home,” Harry said. “I was so scared.”

Draco sighed. “I know. I was too.”

The two boys walked towards the stairs when Draco thought of something.

“Hey,” Draco said, stretching his arm out, stopping Harry in his tracks.

“What?” Harry said.

“Let’s go to Grandpa Albus,” Draco said, smiling.

“Okay,” Harry said. “That’s cool, but why?”

Harry couldn’t help smiling. Draco’s smile was catching.

“Your birthday,” Draco said.

Draco carefully grabbed Harry’s arm and, knowing that Harry was better but still in pain, dragged Harry up the stairs. Harry couldn’t help laughing. Harry remembered that was what they wanted to do before he was taken.

It didn’t take as long as they thought to get to the Headmaster’s office. When they walked up to the stone Griffin, Draco started talking to the statue.

“Is Grandpa in?” Draco asked.

“He’s in a meeting,” the Griffin responded.

Draco sighed as his shoulders sagged. He turned to Harry.

“I guess we have to wait,” Draco said. “Sorry.”

“No,” Harry said, still smiling. “It’s fine. It’s not like my birthday is tomorrow. There’s still a few weeks away. We’ll have time.”

“Yeah,” Draco said. “I just wanted to get you to smile. Something to take away from what you went through.”

“Dray,” Harry said. “I’m home. I’m back with you. I’m with dad and Grandpa Albus and Grandma Minnie. That is enough to make me smile. I just want to get it back the way it was before I was taken. I loved playing around.”

“I just don’t know what we can do that won’t hurt you,” Draco sighed.

Harry couldn’t help but feel happiness. The thought that Draco wanted to find something fun for him warmed his heart. Harry felt something that he didn’t have before, and he was loving every bit of it.

“Well,” Harry said. “I can’t fly yet.” Draco shook his head in agreement. “How about you teach me to play wizard’s chess?”

“You want to learn how to play chess?” Draco asked, skeptically.

“Yeah,” Harry said. “Ron tried to teach me, but I couldn’t get it, and he’s really good and I would like to give him at least a challenge.”

“Okay,” Draco said, shrugging. “We’ll go down to Uncle Sev’s.”

The two boys started walking down the corridor when they heard the statue move. They turned around and saw Severus, Minerva, and Albus walking through the passageway behind the Griffin.

“Well, well,” Albus said. “What are you boys doing here?”

“Is everything all right?” Severus asked, speeding his pace to reach his boys.

“We’re fine,” Draco said. “We wanted to talk to Grandpa Albus, but the Griffin said you were in a meeting.”

“So,” Harry continued. “Draco was going to teach me to play chess.”

“Well we were coming down to see you,” Minerva said. “We didn’t know that Poppy let you out of her grasp so soon.”

“It wasn’t that long ago,” Harry said, shrugging.

“Well, my boys,” Albus said. “Let’s go to my chambers and have our conversation.”

Draco whooped and rushed over to Albus. Harry smiled. He walked towards his dad and gave him a hug before making his way to Draco and Albus. Severus leaned down and kissed Harry on the top of his head. Harry’s trek toward Draco and Albus wasn’t as fast as Draco, but it didn’t damper his mood.

When the three of them disappeared up the spiral stairs, Minerva walked over to Severus and looped her arm around his.

“What do you say, we take a soothing walk around the grounds?” Minerva asked, looking up at her son.

Severus nodded his head and the two of them headed for the front doors.

___000___000___000

In the Headmaster’s chambers. Harry and Draco were sitting on the sofa. Albus put an extra cushioning charm under Harry so he wouldn’t be in too much pain. Albus sat in one of his overly plush chairs next to his fireplace.

“So,” Albus said. “What did you want to see me about?”

“Well,” Draco said. “Harry’s never had a birthday party.”

Albus looked over at Harry, wanting to gauge Harry’s demeanor, and seeing that Harry wasn’t getting upset, Albus put his attention back on Draco.

“I was thinking,” Draco continued not noticing Albus’ inner thoughts, “that we give Harry a party.”

Harry nodded in agreement.

“Well, that sounds like a splendid idea,” Albus said smiling. “Is there anything you would like to have, Harry?”

Harry shrugged, “I don’t know what I should have. I thought between us we could plan it.”

Albus nodded.

“Okay,” Albus said. “Don’t you want your father in on this?”

“Well, yeah,” Draco answered. “We just wanted a little back up when we bring this to Uncle Sev.”

“We were planning on talking to you about this before I was taken,” Harry confessed.

“I see,” Albus said. “Well, I think having a birthday party would be wonderful.”

“Yes,” Draco whispered, pumping his fist.

Harry laughed.

“Now,” Albus said, clapping his hands. “Did I hear, Harry, that you wanted to learn to play chess?”

“Yeah,” Harry said. “Last year, Ron would kill me when we would play. He’s so good.”

“Yes,” Albus nodded. “He is a very good chess player.” He gave Harry a knowing look.

Harry had the grace to blush. After their little adventure under the trap door, at the end of term, all the professors would know that Ron was a good chess player.

For the rest of the afternoon, Harry, Draco, and Albus stayed in the Headmaster’s chambers playing chess. And when they got bored with chess, gobstones came out. When the evening was upon them, Draco and Harry were in Harry’s room in Severus’ chambers. It was getting close to lights out when Severus walked into the room.

Draco and Harry were sitting on Harry’s bed. Draco had a parchment and quill in his hand, writing and Harry was laying on his stomach next to him. Severus cleared his throat to get the boys’ attention. Both turned around with impish grins on their faces.

“What are you two up to?” Severus asked, quirking his eyebrow.

“Nothing,” they said at the same time.

They looked at each other and smiled. Talking at the same time; neither was expecting that.

“Nothing, huh?” Severus said, walking into the room.

Draco flipped the parchment over, putting his hands over it.

“You can’t see, yet,” Draco said quickly.

“Why not?” Severus asked. “Are you two planning on blowing up the castle?”

Harry dropped his head on his arms and started giggling.

“No,” Draco said. A chuckle escaping passed his lips.

“But you don’t want me to see,” Severus said, folding his arms in front of his chest.

“No,” Draco said, shaking his head.

“Not yet, anyway,” Harry said, lifting his head.

“All right,” Severus said. “I came to tell you: you need to get ready for bed. Harry you need as much rest as you can.”

Draco climbed out of the bed and headed towards his room.

“Good night, Dray,” Harry said, getting under his covers.

“’night,” Draco said, leaving the room.

Severus walked over to Harry and kissed him on top of his head. “Get some sleep.”

“Good night, dad,” Harry said, his voice muffled by his pillow.

Later in the night, Harry woke up feeling antsy. The room was dark with a few lights burning casting long shadows. He didn’t feel this way while he was in the Infirmary, but now, he fear was creeping up his spine. He had to get out of this room.

Harry slid out of his bed, slipping his feet in his slippers. He reached for his glasses and silently walked out of his room. The hallway was a little brighter, but it still unnerved the boy. Slowly, Harry walked towards one of the other bedrooms. He regretted not knowing which one was his dad’s bedroom. Harry was just going to have to check all of them. The first room was the bathroom. The second was his dad’s laboratory. The simmering cauldrons didn’t help his nervousness. After quickly closing the door, Harry went to the next room. He saw a bed in the corner. It was darker than his room, but the small light from the hall shone on the bed, and Harry could see platinum blond hair. Draco.

Harry slowly walked over to the bed.

“Hey, Dray,” Harry whispered. “Dray.”

Draco stretched and turned over.

“Harry,” Draco said sleepily. “Harry, what’s the matter?”

“I can’t sleep,” Harry said softly. He bit his lip; he didn’t know how Draco would respond to that. Maybe he should have gone to his dad’s room. He should just apologize for waking Draco up and go back to bed.

Draco slid over in his bed and raised the edge of the cover. “Get in,” Draco said groggily.

Harry couldn’t believe what he heard. Draco was letting him in. Harry climbed in the bed.

“Thank you, Dray,” Harry said, laying down.

“It’s okay,” Draco said. “Try and get some sleep.”

Harry pulled the pillow closer to him. Sleep came easy.

___000___000___000

Severus got up. He wanted to check on Harry and Draco to see how they were doing. Walking into Draco’s room, Severus got a sweet surprise. Harry was in the bed with Draco. Severus walked over to the bed, lightly rubbing Harry on his back. Harry began to stretch.

“Morning, daddy,” Harry groaned.

“And how did you get here?” Severus asked.

“Too many shadows,” Harry said, sitting up.

“Morning, Uncle Sev,” Draco said, stretching.

“Dragon,” Severus said. “Decided to have a sleepover.”

Draco shrugged his shoulders, “It’s okay.” Draco slid out on the other side of the bed.

Draco left the room, heading to the bathroom.

Severus sat on the bed next to Harry.

“Harry, you said there were too many shadows.”

“Yeah,” Harry said, sliding out of the cover, sitting next to his dad. “I got scared last night.”

“What scared you?” Severus asked, wrapping his arms around Harry’s shoulders. He pulled Harry closer to his side.

“I don’t want that guy coming back,” Harry said. “And Uncle Vernon was so much worse this time. I didn’t like it.”

Severus picked Harry up and sat him on his lap, wrapping his arms around his son.

“You do know you’re safe here,” Severus said.

“Yeah,” Harry said, running his finger up and down Severus’ robe. “I don’t want to be a burden.”

“Why would you think you were being a burden? Even though it is not true,” Severus said, tightening his hold on his son.

“I had to come in here with Draco just to get some sleep,” Harry said.

“Do you feel unsafe here?” Severus asked, tilting his head so he could look at Harry.

“I don’t know,” Harry said, shrugging his shoulder. “I mean, I know no one can get in the castle, but I still have that feeling.”

“Did you feel like this when you were in the Infirmary?” Severus asked.

“No,” Harry said, shaking his head. “I don’t know why I feel like this.”

“You fell asleep when I told you and Dragon it was time to go to bed,” Severus said. “I even checked in on both of you before I went to sleep. So, something had to happen that made you antsy. Did you have a nightmare?”

“I don’t remember,” Harry said. “I just woke up and not really scared, but I didn’t want to be alone. I didn’t know which room was yours or Draco’s.”

“Were you trying to look for me?” Severus asked. It would break Severus’ heart if Harry was looking for him and he wasn’t there for his son.

“Well, no, not really,” Harry said. “I didn’t care which room I found. I just didn’t want to be alone. When I got in here, I thought if Draco didn’t wake up, I would find you.”

“Well, listen,” Severus said. “How about this. We can talk it over with Draco and see if we can combine your rooms. It can be temporary. Just until you are comfortable enough to be by yourself again.”

“You think Draco would go for that?” Harry asked.

“Go for what?” Draco asked, walking back into the room.

“Harry is wary of staying in the room by himself,” Severus said. “I suggest that we combine your rooms so that Harry is comfortable and can get some sleep.”

Draco shrugged his shoulders, “That’s fine with me.”

“Okay,” Severus said, looking down at Harry. Harry nodded. “Great. Let’s get ready so we can have breakfast.

Severus let Harry go so he could go to the bathroom.

___000___000___000

Gilderoy got up early this morning. He wanted to get an early start on setting up his room. Some of his portraits arrived the day before and he needed to find where he could put it so it will have the best lighting.

Walking down the curved stairs leaving his office, floating his prized portrait behind him, he looked around for the perfect spot. Seeing the details of the room, Gilderoy wanted everyone to see his beautiful face with his perfect smile from the front of the room. Lowering it in an angle off-center from the stairs, the opposite window had superlative light gleaming down. It didn’t cause a glare. His blond hair was immaculate. Perfect.

Now that the larger portrait was taken care of, it was time to arrange his smaller portraits. Gilderoy looked around to see if there were spots on the wall, he could place them. That’s when he got a better sight of the color of the wall.

“Well, this just won’t do,” Gilderoy said to himself.

Waving his wand, he changed the original cherry wood color to a lighter bronzed that would bring out his complexion and hair color. Even changing the color of the room, Lockhart didn’t want to sully his portraits against the walls. He conjured easels, placing them all around the room and placing his smaller portraits on them.

Satisfied with what he accomplished, Gilderoy decided it was time for breakfast. Not wanting to deal with the two brats and their bully of a guardian, Gilderoy decided to eat in his office.   

After breakfast, Gilderoy decided he needed to stretch his legs. Wanting to know more of the layout of the school, Gilderoy walked down several corridors. When the stairs would change, he would just let them steer him wherever it stopped. While walking down one corridor, he heard a faint sound of music. Knowing that there were very few people here and that this corridor was empty, Lockhart was curious as to who was playing the music.

Slowly walked down the corridor, his curiosity piqued. When he got toward the end of the hallway, the sound of music became louder. Gilderoy went to the door, trying to see if it opened. There was no resistance. Opening the door, the defense professor saw a three headed dog sleeping peacefully while a small harp played music.

Fascinating, Gilderoy thought. He did not want to wake the Cerberus up, so he quietly closed the door so as to not wake the beast. Maybe a walk outside seemed like a better idea.

Hagrid was tending to his gardening when Gilderoy was walking down the path.

“Good day, sir,” Gilderoy said.

Hagrid looked up and saw a man, looking too fancy to be walking on a dirty path.

“G’day,” Hagrid said, facing his company.

“I never got a chance to introduce myself,” Gilderoy said, smoothly. “Absentmindedness on my part. One I wish to rectify now.”

“No harm,” Hagrid said, waving him off. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“I’m to be the new Defense professor. Gilderoy Lockhart.” Gilderoy gave Hagrid one of his famous smiles.

“Grand,” Hagrid said. “We be needing a new professor after what happened last year.”

Gilderoy’s smile vanished. Last year?

“Pray tell, what happened last year?” Gilderoy asked.

“The professor was killed,” Hagrid said, shaking his head. “Terrible news. Just terrible.”

Killed! Just awful, Gilderoy thought.

“Well,” Gilderoy said. His voice was full of smugness. “It’s a good thing that I’m here. I can teach them the right way. I have so many victories. You should read my books.”

“Yes, well,” Hagrid said. “I need to continue.”

“Don’t let me stop you, my good man,” Gilderoy said. “I’ll leave you to your work.”

Gilderoy walked away, heading back towards the castle. On his way back, he saw the two terrors walking this way. He didn’t want to mess up his perfect day with those two hooligans, so he turned the other way.

___000___000___000

“I can’t believe you talked me into this.” Draco asked.

“It’s going to be fine,” Harry said. “Grandpa Albus said he boosted the warding around the school. And look,” Harry pointed towards the hut, “Hagrid’s outside.”

The two boys were walking down to Hagrid’s hut. Draco didn’t want to go since Harry just got back, but it was Harry’s idea. He still wanted to go see Fang, who they were going to see the day Harry’s was taken. Harry insisted they go. It took some massive pleading so that they could go.

“Fine,” Draco conceded. “But if anything goes wrong, we’ll turn back.”

“Everything’s going to be fine,” Harry said, rolling his eyes. “Come on.”

So, now, both boys were heading down to Hagrid’s hut. Draco decided to change the subject to ease his worry.

“Have you thought about who you’re going to invite?” Draco asked.

“Let’s wait until we get the okay to have this party,” Harry said. “I don’t want to get my hopes up and I can’t do it.”

“We are having this party,” Draco said with certainty.

Harry learned from a young age not to expect things to go in his favor. Even living with his dad and Draco, he didn’t put a lot of stock in it.

There was a strange feeling that creeped up the back of Harry’s spine. He felt like someone was watching him. Worried that someone was trying to take him again, he looked around.

“Harry,” Draco said. “Are you okay?”

Harry looked over and saw that he was being watched, but it wasn’t anyone he should worry about. The new Defense Professor was standing at the side of the castle.

“Yeah,” Harry said, sighing. “I thought it was something important.”

Draco followed Harry’s line of sight and chuckled to himself.

“Hey, Hagrid,” Harry called out.

“Harry. Draco,” Hagrid said. “Come on in.”

“Where’s Fang?” Harry asked.

“Inside,” Hagrid said, laying his tools down. “Come in, I’ll make us some tea.”

Draco and Harry rushed the last part of the way to the hut. Harry was a little slower than Draco, but just as enthusiastic.

When the hut door closed, Gilderoy walked back towards the pathway to the castle.

Those boys will get what’s coming to them. I will not be embarrassed or disrespected, Gilderoy fumed to himself.

TBC

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3188