A Chance at Love by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: When an accident in potions causes imaginable damage to 3 different boys, perceptions start to change. One in particular of a dark and stern man, as truths start to come to light. How does one heal and move on from something like this? Who is left the task of picking up the pieces?
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape, Parental Snape > Godfather Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Neville, Pomfrey, Sirius
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry, Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Snape is Mean, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, General, Humor, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Azkaban Character, Child fic, Deaged!Harry, Deaging, Physical Impairment, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 3rd Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Profanity
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 139081 Read: 159846 Published: 23 Feb 2015 Updated: 19 Mar 2020
Story Notes:

So this was on my desktop computer looking lonely and my laptop with all my current stories on it is in the process of being fixed I don't have access to them. So I thought why not write on one that has 3 chapters already written on them. I hope you like it, it's a different and I've never written a story like this before.  I won't be getting a beta, I don't like the scheduling issues that come with it. I do check and recheck my work over a period of a day before I post it. When writing starts to feel like a chore then I stop.

1. Chapter 1 by Severus Draconis Potter

2. Chapter 2 by Severus Draconis Potter

3. Chapter 3 by Severus Draconis Potter

4. Chapter 4 by Severus Draconis Potter

5. Chapter 5 by Severus Draconis Potter

6. Chapter 6 by Severus Draconis Potter

7. Chapter 7 by Severus Draconis Potter

8. Chapter 8 by Severus Draconis Potter

9. Chapter 9 by Severus Draconis Potter

10. Chapter 10 by Severus Draconis Potter

11. Chapter 11 by Severus Draconis Potter

12. Chapter 12 by Severus Draconis Potter

13. Chapter 13 by Severus Draconis Potter

14. Chapter 14 by Severus Draconis Potter

15. Chapter 15 by Severus Draconis Potter

16. Chapter 16 by Severus Draconis Potter

17. Chapter 17 by Severus Draconis Potter

18. Chapter 18 by Severus Draconis Potter

19. Chapter 19 by Severus Draconis Potter

20. Chapter 20 by Severus Draconis Potter

Chapter 1 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Its a pretty fast paced story, but I'm having a blast writing it. The errors at the boys speech is on purpose, they're five. Harry's is the way it is because it seemed most logical for him to have issues with speech since his relatives never liked him talking at home and with the bullying at school.

Harry Potter was not a normal person, despite living with his ‘completely normal relations'. Note the sarcasm; they were as normal as any abusive guardians could ever be. But that is not how the story takes place. No Harry Potter was a wizard, a bright and intelligent child with so much potential at his fingertips. At the moment however, he was exhibiting anything but, as he tried hard not to let his thoughts take control.

As it was about a week until winter holidays and he had been told that Hogwarts, would be closing to charge the wards. And as such each of the students would be on the Hogwarts Express and going back home for their 3 week vacation. So it was this boy that was worrying about what he was going to experience once he got home and back with his relatives. His eyes flickered throughout the classroom at his peers who he knew wasn't dreading going home like he was, but then again they had nothing to fear at home, he did.

  At the moment though he was currently sitting in Potions class; which everyone can tell you is the worst place to be, if you were in any of house other than Slytherin. As it was, Harry was a Gryffindor and so, this was a particularly hard class for him. One in which he held himself back, knowing that it wouldn't do him any good. After all, abuse is a hard lesson, but one he had learnt very well, and at a very young age.

He swallowed quietly, his eyes quickly averting as they caught the dark penetrating gaze of his teacher. He held his breath hoping that the Professor in question simply ignored him. But it was not to be so. He glanced to the left of him to look at his partner Neville, only to mentally groan as he got a look at their potion. It was a fuchsia color when it should be more of a lavender one. It didn't help that the Professor was soon standing behind them which had both boys flinching. They hunched their shoulders as they waited for the biting tone, but surprisingly there was none. Which set the slight boy on edge, as he knew it was coming and he hated waiting for punishment.

Trying to calm himself down, Harry turned to his textbook, choosing to read the next step even if he knew their potion was a complete failure. Still he hoped to somehow save it and not end up with a Troll today.  As he turned to talk to Neville, to see if the boy had any idea what went next he saw to his horror that the boy in question was trying to add some doxy wings. He knew (even if their potion was a complete failure) that it wasn't time to add that ingredient. He also wasn't sure how it would counteract to their current mess now, and as this was a volatile ingredient, he really didn't want to risk it. But before he could even think of pulling his friend's hand back he froze as a dark dangerous voice behind them suddenly spoke.

 

"Longbottom, you imbecilic boy, don't you dare think of putting those wings in that cauldron. Are you that daft boy?" Severus hissed out as the hand in question simply dangled for a moment. He saw it and for a just a second he regretted his outburst as the child's shaky hands soon let go of the wings and he cursed.

"Oops," Neville gasped out fearfully as turned to look up at the man and gave an audible gulp at the look he was now on the receiving end of.

Harry for his part wasn't sure what the hell was going on, only that it didn't bode well for him or Neville. As it was, he could see his Professor's pale face narrow and he tensed bracing for the tongue lashing but it wasn't to be so. He didn't have long as to wonder why as the next thing he noticed was the Professor had his wand out and was starting to cast what looked to be a shield.

But as Harry felt the rumble of the cauldron in front of him, he felt that it was going to be too late.  His instincts had him diving underneath the table; barely grabbing onto Neville as it suddenly gave off a loud boom.  The 13 year old noted that the classroom had silenced, even more so as it didn't even sound like his classmates were even breathing at this time, was he? He glanced at Neville trying to make sure his friend was okay, the adrenaline coursing through his own body.

"Are you okay Neville?" He asked the boy quietly as he could hear Snape above them sniping about; he knew it wouldn't be long now. They were so dead, and at the moment he couldn't blame the man. For all he knew they had destroyed his classroom.

"No Harry, I'm not okay, and neither are you," Neville whimpered out as he looked at the potion that had burned both of his exposed arms, not to mention Harry's.

Harry glanced at his friend in confusion before he turned to look at the burned skin on his own body. Now that he was actively looking at it, it did hurt. But he didn't scream or cry or even whimper like Neville was doing. After all, he had had worse than this before.

"I'm alright, hopefully Snape will let you go to the infirmary and I can clean this up," he said knowing the consequences of a detention already in the making for him.

"You need the infirmary too," the slightly chunky boy sniffled in return. He wanted to cry, but Harry wasn't and it looked like the other boy had gotten the brunt of it so he wouldn't too.

"Yeah, but this is nothing," Harry said absently before he looked around and carefully got up from underneath the table.

He could see Ron and Hermione staring at him in concern and horror and he understood that, however he was looking for Snape.  He couldn't find the dour man, which was alarming but another look around showed that Malfoy seemed to be missing too. His musings were cut short when out the corner of his eye, he saw something or someone go down. This was followed by a thump and his stomach dropped. He turned only to find his friend slumped out on the floor and he hurried over to him as the rest of the Gryffindors and some of the Slytherins looked at him fearfully.

"Neville!" He screamed out, allowing finally for Professor Snape to poke his head from wherever the hell he had been to come back into the classroom.

"Potter! What have you done to Longbottom?" Severus raged at him, though his heart was thudding fast in his chest. He had just seen his godson stumble and it was only luck that he had the boy into his office before he collapsed. He had only just laid the boy down on the couch in his office when he heard Potter screaming. It was all the stupid Gryffindor's fault and his lips curled in disgust as he stared at the child in front of him.

"Nothing sir, he's just...he just fell out," Harry stated fearfully, wondering if he was next. Had his friend fallen because of the potion or was it something else entirely.

Severus sneered as he looked at the raven hair child below, but he didn't comment. He knew in his gut that something was wrong here, but until he could exam their potion he was at a loss. Albus was going to kill him, however before the thought could passed his eyes flicked back over to where the bane of his existence had taken on a pale complexion.

"Potter?" He asked carefully, another heavy feeling in his chest.

Harry grimaced, feeling awful of a sudden. He couldn't explain why or what it was that came on him suddenly. "P'fessor, I don't feel very good," he whispered out before his body slumped forward onto the floor in a dead faint. It was only luck that he had already been kneeling on the ground next to his fallen friend that he was so low to the ground. The silence in the room was heavy and deafening.

It took a moment for the Potion Master to get over the slight daze before he banished everyone's cauldrons except for the one belonging to the boys on the floor.

"Out! Everyone out!" He roared, as he pulled out his wand so he could transport the teens to the infirmary.

 Unsurprisingly it was Granger and Weasley who stayed behind, obviously concerned about their house mates. But he couldn't fault them, not right now anyway. He was terrified about what could be wrong with the three boys. Especially as these particular boys were the heir to the Potter, Malfoy and Longbottom house, all ancient and noble in their own right.

"Professor, how can. we help?" Hermione asked quietly when it became apparent the man wasn't going to address them.

"I assume you both know the hovering charm? Preform it on Mr. Potter and Longbottom, while I attend to Mr. Malfoy," he told them curtly.

"Yes sir," she replied, elbowing Ron who looked ready to say something  that would get them all in trouble.

The trip to the Hospital wing was quick and very quiet, each concious person clearly in their own thoughts. Severus was truly worried about his students, but mostly just Draco. He hoped that the two Gryffindor idiots hadn't done something damaging to his godson. If they did he was not to be responsible for his actions. 

Once they arrived the boys were set on the beds and the two Gryffindors shut out of the infirmary so Poppy could work her magic. Severus took that time to head to the Headmaster's office so he. would explain the situation.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was only a few hours later when one of the boys stirred, the other two in a healing sleep. This one In particular was used to short and light sleeps. After all growing up with the Durselys made sure of that. Harry woke to a semi-lit room that seemed vaguely familiar to him but he couldn't place it. He reached over to put his glasses on and noticed two sleeping boys on either side of him. They were both snoring to a degree but he knew better then to wake them up. What if they turned out to be a friend of Dudley? At that thought he stilled and any chance of him getting ready to leave the bed was diminished in seconds.

He didn't know what to do, but his Aunt and Uncle didn't like it when he made noise so he stayed quiet. As he was swinging his legs on the bed the door to the infirmary opened, and in walked this man wearing all black. He looked angry and Harry instantly dropped his gaze to the floor, he knew eye contact wasn't allowed. He heard the man come closer but he didn't look up again until he was addressed

"Potter look at me," Severus hissed out. He had seen the expression in the child's face once he had entered the doors but he wasn't thinking about that right now. He had had a few hours to test their potion and see where they went wrong and the results he were coming to wasn't encouraging. He needed answers.

Harry's head snapped up so fast to obey his order he swore he heard his neck crack. He looked warily at the man's chest, he couldn't make himself look any higher, and he waited for the man to speak. What had he done to make this man hate him so much? For Harry could hear the hatred and disgust in the stern man's tone. Had Uncle Vernon gotten to him?

"What stage did you and Mr. Longbottom mess up on your potion?" He questioned him immediately. Severus noted that the boy in question was refusing to meet his gaze, and he wasn't getting a good vibe at that. Potter had always been defiant, what had changed?

Harry gave the man a look of confusion. "Sir?" He asked, wondering if this was some kind of joke, everyone knew Potions weren't real.

Severus gave the child on the bed a hard look as his brain started to come to a conclusion on just that one word. He wasn't liking where his thoughts were going. "Do you know where you are Mr. Potter?" He found himself asking, needing confirmation for what he was sure he knew.

"No sir," Harry replied timidly hoping this wasn't a trick question, where he would end up hurt in the long run. The man wasn't overly big like Uncle Vernon but he knew already this man was just as dangerous, if not more so then his Uncle.

Severus's gaze narrowed as he took in the features on the boy on the bed, refusing to acknowledge was he was seeing in front of him. "How old are you Potter?" He asked in a wary tone, as if needing something confirmed for him.

Harry smiled, now that was a question he could answer. "I'm 9 sir," he said proudly.

Severus made a choking sound at that, his eyes swiveling from Harry, to Draco and then Neville and then back. "Impossible," he said quietly as the ramifications of the boys words hit him.

Harry shook his head, unsure why the man found that hard to believe. Sure he was shorter and smaller then most nine year olds but it wasn't that unbelivable. He made to protest when be found himself suddenly over come with this sharp pain in the side of his head and he groaned softly.

The potion Master's eyes were once more riveted to the child awake on the bed, moving closer to see what the problem was. "Potter?" He asked unsurely.

"My head," Harry was able to whimper out before the blessed darkness took him, relieving him of the pain.

Severus stared at the boy on the bed, his wand out as he started to preform a diagnostic charm just to make sure nothing was really wrong.. It revealed that the boy was indeed 9 years old, but he wasn't sure if he would stay that age. He glared at the boy below him before he roughly pulled the blanket back over the child. It wouldn't do for the little moron to get sick; he knew it would end up as more work for him.  He made sure the child was secured in the man, vehemently telling himself, he was not tucking the brat in.  He shook his head to clear it before he headed to the Headmaster's office, they had much to discuss.

He was not alerted by Poppy or his own wards that the children had awoken again so he took the free time he had to try to find out where they went wrong. How in Merlin's name did the little idiots turn a forgetfulness Potion into a Deaging one? Thankfully the next day was Saturday so he had no classes to prepare for, but that didn't stop him from waking up early the next morning to check on his godson.

As he got closer to the Hospital doors he heard noises on the other side of the infirmary that concerned him. He quickly opened it to see Poppy trying to settle down a hysterical blond child, while two other boys raven and brown haired respectively sat quietly at her feet. Even as he took in the scene in front of him, he was in obvious denial.

"Poppy, what are you doing with toddlers? Where are the boys?" He asked out his voice, sounding strained to his own ears.

He watched the woman fix him with a look between amusement and sorrow. "These are the boys," she stated carefully.

"Poppy, when did this happen?" He somehow managed to ask. Even as a nine year old Potter spoke with him last night, he never imagined them at this age. The thought was imaginable and yet here they were.

"I was awoken about a half hour by Mr. Malfoy here, who was distraught I assume waking up somewhere unfamiliar. He hasn't stopped crying since then," she explained as she tried to rock the hysterical child in her arms.

"I see and what of Potter and Longbottom?" He asked unable to even sneer at moment, his thoughts were going a mile a minute.

"Harry was awake, I assume from Mr. Malfoy's cries, but he never made a sound. I only knew he was awake because i turned to find solemn green eyes carefully watching me," she said, unsure to tell him how fearful he had looked at her.

"I see and Longbottom?" He asked, needing to be thorough and generally curious now. Why was the only Slytherin child in here throwing a fit?

"Neville was sitting up on the chair, his bed made and was waiting quietly for me to address him. He apologized straight off the back for not being dressed. But how could he be, his clothes aren't up here," she said quietly, her heart had gone out to him as well. She knew how the Matriarch of the Longbottom household could be.

Seveus found himself frowning then, a terrible feeling clenching in his gut, but he would not address this now. At the moment he needed more answers and he needed Draco to hush so he could think. He reached his arm out for the child and was quickly handed him, He noted the boy glanced up at him before giving a sigh of relief at recognition and was soon suggling into his chest. He grimaced but didnt push the child away, he was quiet after all. He ignored the surprised look Poppy was now giving hm, there were more important things they need to discuss.

"Do you know their ages Poppy?" He asked her not it wanting any more surprises. His eyebrow rose as he saw her attempt to pick up one of the children. He wasn't sure who it was, only that the child in question was starting to shake like a leaf. Nothing needed to be said as she clearly saw it too and stopped.

"According to the scans I took, they are all five years old, give or a take a few months depending on their birthday," Poppy replied as she frowned once more.

Severus gave her a questioning look at the expression on her face. "I sense a but coming," he prompted her.

"That's because there is," she said with a faint smile but said nothing further.

"Then what is it woman?" He hissed out his patience, non existent to begin with.

"We'll have to discuss it later, Harry and Neville do not take to kindly to raise voices," she said with a pointed look.

Severus gave a curt nod unsure if he even wanted to have that talk. He had a feeling his world was about to some crashing down and he wasn't at all prepared for it.

"Why are they on the floor?" He asked as the previous conversation had come to a close.

"To be direct they are afraid," she told him with a sad smile before she looked down to find Neville pulling on her skirt. "Yes?"

"Miss? C-may I haff some food please?" Neville asked politedly as he looked at the medi-witch above him. He had been whispering very quietly to his new friend next to him when his own stomach had growled. He was sure that Harry was hungry to but was afraid to ask the healer. So Neville took it on himself to do it, no matter how mean the man in black looked. He was sure the Healer wouldn't let him hurt them.

Poppy gasped and snapped her fingers. "Of course, dear me I had forgotten they haven't even eaten breakfast yet," she said as she turned to address the house elf only to stare in horror as Harry who had been silent since they first woke up, suddenly gave a screech before he dove head first under the bed.

Severus was staring wide eyed where the green eyed boy has been sitting silently about a second a go. He didn't understand right away which is why the disgusted expression crossed his face. Why was Potter being stupid? Apparently he wasn't the only one who thought that as Longbottom laid on his stomach to look at the other boy curiously.

"Harry, why you hidin'?" Neville asked his new friend in confusion.

Harry stared fearfully at the other boy afraid to talk or even move at this point. He forced himself to give a slight shrug unsure of what the other boy wanted. Why wasn't any one else afraid of that thing?

Neville continued to stare at the boy before he glanced at the two adults who he noticed were watching the scene in earnest. He turned back to the boy, who wasn't even looking at him now. "Harry, you my new fwiend. Why you 'noring me?" He asked out sadly.

Harry uncurled at that admission, his eyes taking on a hopeful look. "Hawwy, youw'e new fwiend?" He repeated out slowly, his voice slightly hoarse. It was easy to see that his speech was less developed then his companion.

"Yep, so why you hidin'?" Neville repeated out.

"Scawwy Monstew out 'dere," he told the other boy.

"Thats not a monster, that's a house elf. They bwing you food and clean up for you," he explained.

"Oh," he said with a frown. "And dey not huwt me?" He asked to confirm it.

"That's right, they pwotect you," he promised as he held his hand out, relieved when Harry took it.

Throughout this, Poppy had taken the time to order their food, refusing to look at Severus as he was sure he was starting to connect the dots. She had the scans as proof but the knowledge of knowing it didn't make it any easier for her to take.

Severus was silent for a moment before he looked down at the boy in his arms. "Draco? What of his report? Did you find anything amiss in his?" He asked in a pleading tone that he was unable to drop. If the other two boys had slipped through the cracks, then who's to say that he had been so blind to his godson as well?

"Draco is a healthy five year old boy, with loving parents," Poppy told him seriously. That little boy wasnt being hurt, slightly overspoiled but all things considering it was alright.

"We will be discussing this," he told her firmly.

"As soon as their eating breakfast," she promised, at the same moment 3 child trays popped up with breakfast cut into pieces for the children to eat. She stood up and and enlarged the table in the corner before setting up 3 chairs with a protection ward so the boys couldn't fall off. "Time to eat boys," she announced.

Severus watched impassively as Longbottom bounced up and headed for the the table, his hand still clasped insid of Potter's. He also noted that the boy-who-lived was dragging his feet as if he didnot want to eat. If the conclusions he was coming to were correct then he could wager why. He looked down at his godson before him on the chair. "Eat and be nice," he told him knowing how the boy could be.

"Okay Uncle Sebbus," Draco said eager to just have something in his tummy.

Severus made a face at the butchering of his name but the child was five and he wasn't surprise as he had done this when he had been this age the first time. He turned to help the Longbottom heir onto the chair when his blood froze as he heard Poppy trying to convincs Potter that was his plate of food.

"No Miss, you don't undewstand, fweaks wike me don't eat at da tabwe. We eat on da fwoow whewe we bewong. An' dis is too much food, fweaks can't evew haff dis much," Harry was telling her matter-factly only she didn't seemed to be listening.

"I understand just fine Harry, but it is you who doesn't understand me. You will sit right here and eat on the table just like Neville and Draco are and you will not try to get down. You don't want to make me mad do you?" Poppy said sternly hating this but it had to be done. He needed the nutrients and he had to know not everyone would starve him. Her voice was stern because she couldn't let her emotions get away from her, even as her very heart hurt at what he had to go through.

"No, otay den, I'ww stay," he whispered out fearfully when it became apparent she wasn't going to let it go. Under her watchful gaze he took his toddler fork and scooped up a bit of sausege before bringing it up to his mouth. He was rewarded with a smile and he realized she wasn't going to hurt him for eating. However instead of digging in like he wanted too, he knew better and took slow and deliberate bites so he wouldn't be sick later.

Severus made sure Draco was okay before he pulled the witch a few spaces away from them before spelling a charm around them. It was a 2 way silencing spell, one in which the children couldn't hear them, but they could hear the boys. He then fixed her with his trademark glare of his. "I'm getting a picture in my head about their home life and I dont like it one bit," he started out darkly.

"Then you'll hate their scans," she told him softly as she accioed them from her office.

Severus closed his eyes silently as he took a breathe. "Tell me about Longbottom first," he requested as Potter's behavior was screaming at him and he had a feeling he knew why that was.

"Neville has brusing on his arms and over his body. Though when I questioned him, he told me that was to be expected as his family thinks he's a squib so his Uncle likes to throw him from time to time. To makes sure he's magical of course," she said grimly.

Severus stilled as he turned too looked at the Longbottom child, only to find him giggling as he talked with the other two. He had heard a few of his Slytherins, Draco in particular teasing him for being a squib. But that was harmless, as everyone knew you wouldn't get an invitation to Hogwarts if you were. But this, throwing a child of five just so he could show magic was abuse, very much so. It explained so much, of why the child had always been afraid of him.

"I see," he said with barely reatrained anger. "Anything else?"

"He's deathly afraid of fire, as his Uncle locked him up in his room after setting his curtains on fire with Incendio," she rushed out quickly, before her emotions could seep through.

"When was this?" He seethed out, so many things were starting to fall into place. How could he be so wrong, how could he not see?

"About 4 months ago, he told me his Uncle said it was a birthday present to himself as he didn't burn to death," Poppy said shakily.

"I'll kill him," he vowed. "It does explain so much," he murmured to himself.

Poppy allowed a small smile to grace her face for a moment. Never would she ever think Severus would be on Neville's side, but child abuse was something else entirely. And she was very glad that the shy boy had this man's support. He may not know it yet, but Severus would be there for him.

"Aside from that, he's healthy?" He asked her, needing to be thorough as that was his nature.

"Physically speaking yes, I will heal his bruises after I take photos of the evidence. Emotionally speaking I cannot say," she said softly. As her oath as a healer this could not be swept under the rug.

"I know," he said softly, and he did know having been there. "Now tell me about Potter,"

Poppy shook her head sadly as she looked at the dour man in front of her, but she couldn't let her emotions rule her. Not today and definitly not about this subject.  "He's neglected, starved and routinely abused. He addresses himself as a freak and it only goes down hill from there,"

Severus was trying to control the murderous feeling in his chest he was feeling towards Potter's relatives. "I always knew Petunia was a jealous bint but I didn't think she would be abusive to her sister's child," he said with a look of disgust. "I should have seen, the signs are there," he muttered to himself.

Poppy ignored that, not about to rip a bandaid off a bleeding wound. She knew why he didn't see, he let his prejiduce and hatred of a dead man cloud his judgment and condemned a child for the father's sins. A father the boy didn't even know.  "Also, all things magic is forbidden. He gets in trouble just for saying the word so I have no doubt he gets beaten for preforming accidental magic."

"He will not be going back there," Severus told her vehemently.

"It's not me you need to convince," she told his quietly.

"As a healer its your duty to disclose of this information to WCS," he told her as he stared her down. Was she neglecting her duties and sending children back into their abusive homes?

"Don't go there Severus, I'm only saying Albus isn't going to like this," she said quietly.

"Its out of his hands anyway, he had a chance and he failed. I will definitely be talking to him about this," he promised her. He prided himself on saving his students from having to suffer through an abusive home, and something like this had slipped through the cracks? And on Lily's child no less? What had he done?

"Of that I have no doubt," she said as she turned to see the children were almost done.

Severus shook his head as she canceled the charm and made her way back to the boys. He walked slowly as he headed to them, his opinion had shifted and broken. How could he be so blind? How had he not seen? He had no one but to blame for himself.He shook the depressing thought away before the grief could eat at him. He would be fixing them, and making sure both boys knew their worth. He had a lot of things to make up for and at the moment could finally start to see the silverlining in this situation. He would make this work, he wouldn't fail them, not again.

 

The End.
End Notes:
Just tell me what you think? Does it sound like it holds promise? Lemme know, but no flames.
Chapter 2 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Thanks so much for the reviews! They were all awesome, and you get this a few hours earlier. I'm so glad most of you think this could be a good story. I hope you enjoy it

 

Severus knew that he would need to apprise Albus of the situation but was dreading it for obvious reasons. He sincerely hoped that the man hadn't been aware of the abuse and simply ignored it. He honestly hoped not; as he wasn't sure what that would do for him as a person. Regardless of what everyone else thought of him he did have a set of morals. Child abuse was one of those horrific crimes and knew from personal experience how much it could affect the child in the long run.

He found himself watching the three small boys at the table. Given that he knew who these boys were beforehand it was almost a surreal experience to see them getting along so well with one another. He said nothing however unsure of how this was going to proceed. He turned towards Poppy to address her, quirking an eyebrow at seeing her wiping Draco's face with ease.

"Don't give me that look, I do take care of children on a day to day basis," she told him in amusement.

"Yes but the youngest is usually around 11 years old. I have never seen you with a toddler and believe me when I say that it looks strange. No matter I will be back, I need to inform Albus of these findings. Do you mind if I take the files with me? He will no doubt want to see proof," Severus told her dryly.

"Of course he will, however I would rather he see the children themselves. He won't have any way of denying anything, especially Harry's situation," she replied with a slight upturn of her lips. She knew Albus could be as stubborn as Severus, even more so when it came to Harry's living situation. But she also knew the old man would end up seeing reason given time or if the evidence was there for him to see.

"Even better, then I'll be back soon," he promised not wanting the children to stay any longer in their injured state. It was unsettling to him to see the bruises and marks on their little bodies.

Severus was careful to shut the door behind him, as he knew his godson liked to wander at that age.  And the last thing they needed was someone to become aware of the situation and try to use it to their advantage. Merlin help them all if Fudge somehow caught wind of the situation. He knew in a few hours that Granger and Weasely would be by to see how Potter was and by extension Longbottom.  That could be problematic if they didn't have an excuse thought of yet. It was with that last thought that Severus quickened his pace as he headed to the Headmaster's office.

He gave the password not even bothering to sneer at the sugary sweet; there were other things more important at this time. He knocked on the door and when he was granted entrance he found himself sighing as the sudden emotions hit him upon entering the office. He turned to close the door to compose himself a bit more, without the old man's worrying eyes. There honestly wasn't an easy way to say this. He turned to feel the blue eyes on him, eyes no longer twinkling the longer he stayed silent.

"Severus, what has happened?" Albus asked quietly, not wanting to think the worse but as nothing had been said it was hard not to when one simply appeared into his office without explaining why. He could only assume it had something to do with the children in the infirmary and he needed to know exactly what had transpired.

"I still haven't found a reason as to why their potion has caused such effects. But I will be working hard on it. In the meantime there is a slight problem," he started off slowly as he finally settled in the seat across from the man's desk.

"What kind of problem? Does it have to do with the boys?" The old man asked carefully.

"It does," Severus answered in the same tone but made no further comment as he tried to figure out how drop the news delicately. Looking at the man across from him he could clearly see the man's age and didn't want to inadvertently cause a heart attack or something of that nature.

"Don't leave me in the dark Severus, just tell me," Albus told him firmly.

"As you know Longbottom and Potter's potion caused them to lose conscious in my classroom.  But Poppy and I recently found out that it had other adverse side effects. I have left from the infirmary where Poppy was dealing with five year old boys. They have been deaged and I have no idea as to how let alone why," he explained swiftly. "However that is not the worst of it," he said slowly.

Severus watched his mentor closely as the man processed his words. He knew what needed to be done, the way he needed to say this for the man to understand the consequences of what he didn't do for the children. Now was the time for them to take action, regardless of his dislike for the boys down in the hospital wing.

"What has happened to my boys?" Albus asked his eyes devoid of that customary twinkle.

"Of course you would be concerned with Longbottom and Potter," Severus sneered unable to keep the bite out of his tongue. Even now, was that all Albus could think about?

Albus pierced him with a sharp look over his glasses before he stood up. "I have said nothing of the sort, I merely asked about my students. All of them, but since you have refused to tell me anything I shall have to assume the worse and floo to the infirmary and see for myself," he said tightly barely able to keep his anger restrained. It was a testimony to how worried he was as the control on his magic was starting to slip if the sudden wind in the office was anything to go by.

Severus wasn't stupid; he remembered who exactly this man in front of him was; thank you very much. He shook his head as he fixed the old man with a resigned look. "That was not my intention Headmaster. I just wanted to tell you that the children are doing fine however the potion in adittion to their younger age it had some interesting side effects,"

"What kind of side effects Severus? Are they hurt?" Albus asked quietly.

"Their injuries are consistent in what Poppy and I assume they experienced when they really were this young age. We can only speculate since they weren't in Hogwarts at age 5 that they were hurt from those who were supposed to have cared for them," Severus replied in a calm tone, always the Slytherin. It wouldn't do for the man to see how hard this touched him; one could never be too carefully. It was so easy to be emotionally manipulated trying to prove a point.

"Who is it?" Albus breathed out, a horrible feeling starting to set in his chest.

"2 out of the 3 boys in there have been abused at the hands of their guardians. And do you want to know the worst part? If this hadn't of happened, we would still be unaware of it," he stated bitterly ashamed at himself. He was the one person who knew what to look for, what signs and he had ignored each and every last one of them.

"And as I know you check your Slytherins at the beginning of each year, I know that Draco is okay," Albus replied softly as that guilty weight in his stomach settled in to stay.

"All things considering, he's as healthy as a horse. Over spoiled but better than the alternative," he said with a slight shrug. "To understand the full situation, I think it's best that you see them for yourself Albus." he told the old man, leaving the word proof hanging in the silence.

"I will, just give an old man a moment to take this in. I have failed them, how did I not see this?" He murmured to himself. Harry had begged for the last 2 years if he could stay at Hogwarts for the summer and he had always told him no.  Why hadn't he looked into that? The boy never liked asking for anything, t hat should have been a clue right there. And then there was Pomona who had come to him, pleading with him to allow Neville to stay a few weeks each summer. He remembered her claiming that the plants wouldn't survive without him. He had thought she had been joking but apparently she had a reason. They both did.

"Because we did not want to see," Severus told him quietly as he turned towards the fireplace and flooed to the hospital wing, the old man following after a moment later. He immediately looked around to see the beds that the children had occupied before he left was empty. A glance around the hospital room confirmed that the boys and Poppy were gone. But before he could even start to panic he heard it, a childish giggle and he turned to his companion.

"I believe they are in the lavatory," Albus said with a bemused expression on his face as he headed to the door and opened it carefully as he got his first glimpse of the deaged boys.

Severus eased his way inside, just barely catching the shocked expression on his mentor's face.  He smirked in amusement as they headed further in.

"Uncle Sebbus!" Draco squealed excitedly. "Lookit guys, that's my Uncle Sebbus!" He childishly introduced the man to his new friends, his chest puffed out in pride.

Severus smiled at the proud look on his godson's face but that pleasure was soon ripped to shreds once he caught the look on the other two boy's faces. He saw that Longbottom was looking at him with an expression that bordered suspicion and horror. His heart gave a lurch when he saw that Potter had disappeared into the bubbles from the bath in his fear.

He took no further steps forward then, staying by the wall. His face was a blank mask, only his eyes betraying the shame he felt coursing through his body. Had it only been yesterday that he had relished in their fear of him? He watched impassively as Albus gingerly made his way inside after all the boys didn't fear him. Severus stayed silent, choosing to just observe for now. After all there was nothing he could do for the fear, not now anyway.

"Draco who's that wiff you Uncle Sebbus? Is it Father Christmas?" Neville asked with a small smile as he looked hopefully at his friend.

"I don't know, he might be; or he's Merlin," Draco replied with wide excited eyes.

Albus chuckled at the children's commentary of him as he bent down so he could be more at their level. "Hello boys," he said a smile adorning his face still amused by their conversation.

"Hello sir, I've been a very good boy this year," Neville told the man seriously. "I'm not a squib, and Uncle Algie said that you only bring presents to wizards. And I want you to know I am one. I've done magic before," he told the man with solemn eyes.

Albus gave the child a sad smile, turning towards the medi-witch who had given out a soft gasp at that admission. "We have much to discuss my dear," he told her softly before he turned back to Neville. "I'm not Father Christmas but I am very good friends with him. And I know all of you all been very good boys this year. And you all will be getting presents to," he told them firmly wanting that silly notion out of the child's head.

Harry took that time to poke his head up and give the man a sad smile. "Hawwy not a good boy," he whispered out softly.

"Yes you are, you are a very good boy," the old man told him quietly.

"Nuh uh! Hawwy fweak! And fweaks don't get pwesents," he told the man with a shake of his head.

"That's wrong! You not a freak Harry!" Draco said with an indignant expression on his little face as he turned to look at his new friend. "Tell him Uncle Sebbus!"

Severus was startled to say the least, giving his godson a quirk of the eyebrow. "Draco's right Potter, you are not a freak," he told the child quietly.

The potion Master ignored the disapproving gaze of both his companions unsure of why they were looking at him like that anyway. He had after all answered his godson. He noted only a second later that the children went back to chattering, however there was a slight difference then before.  He was trying to figure out why those sharp green eyes were focused on him. Merlin, he looked like Lily without those blasted spectacles, speaking of which where the bloody hell were they anyway?

It was all Severus could do to keep his anger in check, just thinking about those blasted muggles. True he hated the child as well but he had never struck him and Merlin only knew how many times he wanted too. He frowned as he turned to make his way out of the lavatory; they seemed to be doing well without him. He refused to admit (even to himself) that the unwavering emerald gaze wasn't the reason why he was starting to feel distinctively uncomfortable.

"I will be out in the hospital; I have some of Draco's clothes from when he was a child still in my quarters. I believe he is in need of them," He said quietly.

"And what of Neville and Harry? Don't you think that'll set a message to them about you and them?" Poppy asked him with an incredulous expression on her face that the man would suggest such a thing.

"He's my godson, what would you have me do woman?" "He bit out defensively, unsure of why she was starting to attack him.

"For starters either share the clothes or go and grab their trunks so I can shrink one or two outfits down for them. Lose that sour expression Severus we will not be playing favorites here, not anymore. They have suffered enough as it is," she told him with a challenging look. She could not and would not hold her peace any longer. Especially when it meant Harry or Neville once more ended up with the short end of the stick.

Severus narrowed his eyes, knowing that she was being honest, however he knew the shame didn't lie solely with him and he would not be the scape goat. "Pot, Kettle Poppy, you might want to rethink that. I'm not the one refusing to address Draco by his first name! And yet you're doing it to the Gryffindors, what does that say about you?" He retorted.

Poppy gave him a shrewd look at that particular comment, but if he wanted to play this game, by all means. She wasn't going to take it lying down.

"When I treated Mr. Malfoy after the incident with the Hippogriff he was hysterical and as you know it's easier to work with a patient once they are calmed down. Calling one by their given name does just that without the aid of a calming draught; especially if you do not want them overloaded with potions. I did just that and I was told by him no less that no such plebian as myself would address him by his first name as we did not run in the same circle.  As for Neville and Harry, they're my usual patients and have long called them by their given names since their first year. Do not speak of what you do about know Severus Snape," she hissed out ever mindful of the children who had stopped their conversation to look at theirs in confusion.

Severus opened his mouth to reply before he frowned as he took in her statement. His godson had said that? To Poppy? He himself knew how spoiled the boy could be, but first name basis meant a lot more especially with someone who heals you. He would be having a talk with him once he was back to his original age. "I see," he stated quietly. Why the bloody hell hadn't the woman brought that to his attention then? He would've nipped that in the bud right then.

"Do you?" She challenged a frown marring her face before she sighed and turned away from the man. She would have thought after everything Severus himself had gone too, he would have least felt some type of sympathy for Harry at least. She had thought he did earlier but apparently not. His stubbornness made him blind, but she wouldn't allow Harry or Neville to be hurt by him any longer. He would be their perfect protector if he could get his head out of the sand so he could see, until he could she would have to do it.

"Now is not the time to talk about that here. We have impressionable eyes and ears watching and listening to our every move. We will be discussing this later," Albus interjected into the conversation giving Severus a stern look.

"Of course Albus, let me just go get some clothes for them," he muttered out as he stalked out the Lavatory. Why was he the only one always getting in trouble with Albus?

"Wait, Uncle Sebbus don't go!" Draco cried out, his face scrunching up in his distress as his godfather left.

Poppy gave the boy a soft smile. "He's just gone to get some clothes for you to wear," she explained gently.

"Oh, well he could haff said that," he said softly as he turned back to his bath with a huff.

A few more minutes went by before Poppy got the boys out of the tub, with Albus's help to her amusement. Wrapping them all in towels they carried them over to a corner of the infirmary that was covered from prying eyes. She knew that at any time a student could come in for an injury and they still weren't sure what exactly the plan was for the children.

It was only luck that there were only a few days until the break. She knew Harry had signed up to stay at the castle but she wasn't sure about Neville or Draco but she knew those issues would be addressed momentarily. Thankfully it didn't take too long for Severus to bring the clothes and between the three of them they quickly got the children dressed.

Severus watched with a tight expression on his face while Potter alternated from looking from the clothes he was wearing to back to him before the process repeated itself. "Dese Hawwy's cwothes?" He whispered out, as if he was afraid to hope.

"No, those are not your clothes, those are Draco's," he said absently.  He watched with a start as the child's hopeful expression quickly turned to resignation. He knew that face, how often had he himself did it when he had been a child. Damn it, that tight clenching in his chest was starting up again; he absently wondered if he should have Poppy check that out. Lily's eyes shouldn't look like that.

"But I share wiff Harry, and Neville. You can keep it Harry I got more," Draco told him cheerfully.

"I won't get dem diwty Dwaco, I pwomise," Harry said solemnly.

"You can get them dirty Harry, They yours," he told him with a firm nod of his little blond head.

"Hawwy doesn't get good cwothes," he murmured out as he touched his shirt reverently.

"Yes Harry does, as soon as I can, Harry and Neville and Draco will be getting new clothes and toys," Severus found himself saying to the surprise of Poppy, Albus and most importantly himself. Where the hell had that come from? Had he really said that?

"Weally? No twicks?" Harry asked skeptically.

"Of course not Harry, why would he do that? Uncle Sebbus is a man of his...um...word," he said excitedly after remembering the phrase his father always said in reference to his godfather.

"What's dat mean?" Harry asked in confusion.

"It means he says what he means," Neville stated quietly as he looked at the dark man. At first the man had scared him, with his frowns and imposing nature but he kept hearing good things from Draco.  And now the man had just said he himself would be buying all 3 of them toys and clothes! That meant a lot in that 5 year olds book, especially as the man didn't seem to care whether or not he showed magic. He couldn't help the bitter feeling he suddenly felt. How come his Uncle couldn't be like that?

"Hawwy nevew had toys," Harry admitted with wide eyes.

"Well you will now, I promise you that," Severus said before he found himself abruptly clearing his throat as he suddenly felt something stuck inside of it. That had him quickly turning to look at the Matron in concern, as he wondered what the hell was going on. "I think I might be coming down with something," he told her, clearing his throat once more to make a point.

Poppy could only just hold in her grin, giving the man a fond nod. "I'll check it out after," she said knowing it wasn't an illness at all but a feeling one got and she was delighted for him even if he wasn't sure just what that was. He would soon and she hoped it would be sooner rather than later.

Neville looked at Draco in awe, as Harry had a bright grin on his face and he had been trying to get his new friend to smile since they woke up. "Your Uncle Sebbus is nice. He's a lot nicer then my Uncle Algie," he told h softly.

"Or my Uncle Vewnon," Harry added quietly the adults almost didn't hear him.

"Why do you say that? What does your Uncle do?" Draco asked in confusion, wasn't every Uncle like his?

"Mine wikes to huwt me weally bad ‘cause I'm a fweak. And so he's got to beat da fweakyness outta me," Harry confessed softly feeling a soft weight disappear from his chest. He had never told anyone that ever before. But somehow this felt right, and for a moment he felt that his Uncle Vernon couldn't touch him.

Draco turned to glance at his Uncle, his little eyes narrowing as he turned back to his friend and shook his head. He didn't know people did that, as he lived a sheltered life. He turned to Neville almost afraid to want to know. "What does your Uncle do?"

"Not as bad as Harry's Uncle, mine likes to throw me out the windows or from places up high. On my birthday he set my room on fire wiff me in it," Neville confessed sadly. "My Grandmother didn't do anything to stop him,"

"Why would he do that?" Draco asked his face horrified as he turned back to his Uncle.

"To see if I'm a wizard," Neville said with a sigh before he turned to look at the wall sadly.

"But Uncle Sebbus knows a spell for that," Draco said softly wanting to know why his friend's Uncle didn't just do the spell. However he knew the boy in question didn't want to talk about it. And he felt so very bad, and he wanted to make his friends feel better.  "I can share him, if you want? Den he can be all of our Uncle Sebbus's!" He said clapping eagerly at that thought.

It was with that last announcement in which Severus and Albus quickly transfigured a few toys to keep the children occupied.  They had heard enough, and what they had heard had shaken them to the core, each one in their own thoughts. They then spelled a privacy charm so they could talk. The Potion's master was quickly getting lost in his thoughts. It had been a long time since he seen this side of Draco he had almost thought it didn't exist anymore.

Narcissa and he had raised Draco with morals and value as they both wanted to make sure he didn't come out with a sense of entitlement. But that was for naught because as soon as he turned 8 Lucius had started grooming him and by the time he had come to Hogwarts Severus could barely stand the child his godson had become. He could see the questions simmering in his companions eyes and he sighed but this talk was long overdue, and they had waited long enough.

"Did you see the bruises on Neville's body?" Poppy asked Albus, always straight to business when one of her children were being hurt.

"I did as well as the starved and beaten body of Harry's. I also heard their conversation from just a moment ago as you both did.  Clearly Harry won't be going back there, and I will be making a visit to Petunia to see just what she thought she was doing," Albus stated calmly.

Severus was floored; he had expected more argument at the very least if he was being honest. He tried to figure out if this was some sort of ploy but he was at a loss. "You're not going to make him stay there with his relatives?" He couldn't help but ask. Slytherins were never direct but he needed to know if the man was somehow trying to see if Petunia could be ‘swayed' to see reason.

"No Severus. I would never knowingly send a child back into an abusive home life. We both know that's more detrimental then beneficial to their health," the old man said firmly looking over his glasses at the other man trying to catch his eye and see where he was going with this.

"You sent me back," Severus stated out bitterly refusing to catch the old man's eye.

"And that is one of my biggest regrets," he said softly. He felt wretched every time he thought about it. It was horrible to think about but thanks to Tobias Snape the children of Hogwarts had gained a guardian angel without realizing it. Severus had suffered at the hands of an abusive father so he knew firsthand what to look for.  And because of that they had rescued many a children from an abusive situation. And that is what hurt Albus the most each and every time they caught a case. Why did Severus have to suffer so?

"Of course it is Headmaster," Severus said quietly as he turned away from the man to look at the children in front of him.

"That is the truth Severus, I know I should have fought harder for you," he told him quietly, his voice laced in guilt.

"Well you didn't and anyway this is about Potter," Severus said with a shake of his head not in the mood to discuss this. "And we know it's always been about Potter," he murmured.

Poppy cleared her throat then very much aware of the tension in the conversation but now was not the time for them to bring up old wounds no matter how much salt had been rubbed into them. "What are going to do with them?" She asked bringing the topic back to the children.

"Before we get into that, Poppy, I've been very curious about something. In all the times that Potter and Longbottom have been in here, why haven't you seen any bruises?" Severus asked generally curious about that question.

"Well usually it's a few weeks into the term when I first see Neville and he often tells me it has to do with potions and that is pretty self explanatory. As for Harry, I've seen a few yellowing bruises but he told me it was from Quidditch and its during the times after he's had a game so the suspicion was never there," Poppy explained sadly.

"What about the physical they receive at the beginning of each year?" He said with a frown. This just didn't make up, it didn't add up. Was he missing something?

"Slytherin house is the only one that does that, and that is because of you. I have brought it up with Albus that it should be mandatory for each house but he felt there wasn't a need for it," she said softly.

"Once more I was wrong. I am only human, I just wish it hadn't been my students who had to suffer that costly mistake," he stated wearily.

"Well we can fix that mistake now. Once the children come back from the Winter Holidays," Poppy said sternly, giving the headmaster a knowing glance.


"Sounds good," Albus murmured having no disagreements with that, not anymore.


"Now back to what I mentioned before.  I want to know what we're going to do about them? I know with the threat of Sirius Black on the loose that no one is permitted to stay in the castle so there's the issue with that. Not to mention the matter of Neville and Draco and if they're guardians needs to be informed," Poppy explained knowing that Harry would be going with someone it was just a matter of who.


"Narcissa and Lucius have already discussed a complication with their upcoming holiday. I am to take Draco to my Manor for the entire 3 weeks as they want to have a small vacation alone. I believe Narcissa wants another child," he told them quietly.


"So that takes care of Draco but what about Harry and more importantly Neville," Poppy said frowning as she tried to think of who could take the children.


"I don't think it's safe to send Longbottom back home, figure out something to tell Augusta but he won't be going home this holiday. I know for a fact Algernon will be there," Severus said curtly wonder just what they would do about that.


"What would you suggest we do then Severus? Honestly I'm at a loss to even place Harry somewhere. I don't suppose you would offer to take all 3 of them?" Poppy said softly, against her better judgment. But in all honesty she knew that if he truly chose to do it, he could find a way to make sure each little boy knew their worth. And find a cure in no time, which was just the kind of man Severus was. Now if only he would give himself enough credit..


"Absolutely not," Severus said vehemently studiously ignoring the look on the old man's face.


"Actually Severus, Poppy's idea does have merit. Your Manor is Unplottable and the area is under the Fidelius charm. Given your goblin wards as well, it truly is the safest place for them to be," Albus replied carefully. He stroked his beard thoughtfully as he thought about that. He didn't want to have to force the man to take the boys if he didn't want too. Harry and Neville didn't need any more resentment going their way. He knew Severus would be the best choice to help the children heal, not to mention the man himself, but he wanted him to do it willingly.

 

"I won't do it, this is a time for me to spend time with just me and my godson. It's a chance for me to try to fix the wrongs that Lucius has done to him," Severus said with a frown.  "You cannot make me,"

 

"Of course we can't," Poppy told him softly, understanding his dilemma.

 

"Just think on it, you have 2 days, until they go to break. I myself would really appreciate it, if you can find it somewhere in you to realize that this is the best solution," Albus told him quietly. "Would you really want Draco to lose his new friends? We both know that this friendship should they remember it when they grow up be beneficial to all of them?"  He added.

 

"Albus do not ask this of me, don't I deserve some happiness?" Severus bit out.

"Of course you do, and I would never try to take that away from you of all people. But answer me this, don't Harry and Neville both deserve a Christmas they can remember? A holiday where they can just be children they are; where they didn't have to worry about getting hurt?" Albus asked him sadly.

Severus blew out a breath as he turned once more to look at the innocent children in front of them once more. He knew the old man spoke the truth, and he himself would be an awful person not to allow the children to stay with him. He remembered a Christmas before Hogwarts, he was 8.

He spent that Holiday with Lily and her family and he had loved every minute of it. For a moment then he had felt cherished and loved even. He knew what he would do; he just hoped that he wouldn't fail at his job. Lily and Alice's children deserved this happiness, who was he to stand in their way?

"I'll do it," he breathed out before canceling the charm and making his way to Draco lest they end up making him agree to something else.

Poppy turned to Albus with a sad smile. "This is good for all of them; I just hope Severus is up to the task,"

"He will be, he knows the outcome if he fails," Albus stated quietly as he stood up and made his way to the floo. He had much to do in the next two days. 

The End.
End Notes:
Looking forward to seeing what you guys think! some of your theories are spot on!
Chapter 3 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I was dismayed by the reviews from last chapter, especially given the favorites and the views, so this is a day late. Motivation is a good factor, as I do have 2 additional chapters written in case my muse decides she is feeling unappreciated and takes another hike.

Severus didn't notice that Albus had left, well not right away anyway. He was too busy sitting on the edge of the bed watching the 3 deaged boys. It was baffling to watch them interact together but he like Albus could see the bigger picture. However the only difference between the two of them there was he could see the small boys as well. He wouldn't let them get left behind for the greater good.

Albus had accepted this, but to the Slytherin it felt like it was such an easy victory and he was very wary. He shook the feeling off, he would divulge in it later when he had the time. He smiled at his godson before he settled himself on the floor next to the child. He was very much aware of Potter suddenly stilling and pushing back slowly from the group as well as Longbottom's reaction. Earlier he had thought the boy had accepted his presence but the suspicion was once again back. Merlin he hoped this wasn't a mistake.

"Uncle Sebbus? What you doing?" Draco asked curiously. "Are you gonna play wiff us?"

"Not right now Draco, I wanted to let you know boys know what we're going to be doing for the winter holidays," Severus said trying hard to keep his vocabulary down to where the children would understand.

"What do you mean? I go wiff you Uncle Sebbus right?" Draco asked with a worried expression because if he didn't go with his godfather who would he be with? He already knew his mummy or daddy wasn't here.

"Of course you are dragon," he said firmly. "You belong with me," he promised.

Severus rubbed his godson's back as reassurance, watching out the corner of his eyes how the other two boys reacted to that. He hadn't meant his words to hurt or to cut them but he should have remembered. It was just so easy to forget and he knew he had to tell the other children the same. Just at the moment he was enjoying the little brat snuggling into his side. He had missed this, his one regret for choosing to never have kids. This endearing love they gave you once, you gave them your heart. He kissed the top of the blonde head absently.

Neville was the first to break the silence, he was hurt and disappointed but this was his life. He had no parents, and his godfather had died in the war, his godmother as well.  He only had his Gran and his Uncle Algie unfortunately. He couldn't stand this, he couldn't stand to sit here and play while Draco got to have cuddles. It was too much for him to bear, knowing no one would ever hold him like that. It was enough to make him cry, but he had learned a long time ago, that tears only made his Gran angrier. He wouldn't do it now, no matter how much he wanted too. He stood up slowly his blue eyes staring unwaveringly at the man across from him.

"Shall I floo home then?" He asked quietly. "I know my Gwan is expecting me," he stated formally.

Severus frowned at the grammar, and shook his head. Honestly he was all for proper pronunciation but when would anyone realize they were five? He shook his head at that train of thought and addressed the boy.

"No, you won't be going home this holiday with your Gran or your Uncle," Severus told him quietly his eyes narrowing as he noticed how far Potter had moved away from them. The child had been so silent, he hadn't even been aware of it. "Not another move Potter," he growled out before turning back to Longbottom.

"But I don't understand sir, if I'm not wiff my Gwan, where will I stay?" Neville asked quietly, before he focused his eyes on the wall behind the man's head. He couldn't keep looking into those dark eyes, he couldn't help the feeling he felt. Almost as if the man would see through him.

"You and Potter both will be staying with me," Severus informed him.

"And who approved that sir?" Neville asked in confusion. He was sure that if his Gran knew of such a man she would have never said yes.

"The Headmaster," Severus told him truthfully, his eyes narrowing at the question.

"But Gwan says that the headmaster can't decide where a um.. pu-pil at his school can stay. Only the um...guard-ians can. I'm afwaid that I do not know you and without permission from my Gwan I won't be able to come wiff you," he said quietly, stumbling over a bit of words but feeling proud of him for keeping his cool.

To say Severus was gob smacked was putting it lightly, he had to double check to who was speaking with him. If this was Longbottom at five, then what the hell had happened between that and 13? He knew the child didn't have a backbone now and had often wondered just how in Merlin the child had gotten sorted into Gryffindor.  Somehow he had a feeling it had everything to do with his upbringing. He would also think more on that later as he had something else he needed to discuss.

"That is true; however the headmaster has flooed to his office where he is certain to be talking to your Gran as we speak. I am curious however that you seemed to be fighting coming with me, when I was under the impression that you didn't want to go home. Isn't your Uncle going to be there?" Severus asked questioningly, not above fighting dirty. He wanted the children to come willingly with him, that way if it ever came down to it he wouldn't get charged with something as trivial as kidnapping.

"Because sir; I have no way of knowing who you are. You could be even worse than my Uncle Algie, at least wiff him I know what I'm getting, but you would be a surprise. And I don't have a very good record wiff surpwises," Neville told him honestly.

"I'm Draco's godfather, and a Professor at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I promise you that I will never throw you out the window, you do not need to prove to me that you are magic, I can see it in you," Severus told him calmly.

He noted that the child was still looking at him warily but he seemed almost resigned to his fate. .  It was strange to see Longbottom displaying Slytherin tendencies all things considering, but then again he had another hunch why the child was displaying simply common sense.

"Alright, then I guess I'll come wiff you," Neville said softly as he sat back down, though he kept his distance from the dark haired man. He trusted him not to treat him like his Uncle Algie but he didn't know him, so until then he could not let his guard down.

Severus resisted the urge to sigh as he turned his attention on the raven hair child furthest away from him. He felt guilty for scaring the boy especially as he saw the trembling frame. He knew he definitely needed to watch his tone whenever Potter was around him. And since Albus had made him take the other two boys it would be often.

"Potter, do you have any problems coming home with me?" He managed to ask in a neutral tone.

Harry was staring at the man in horror, this man in all black. The man had given him good clothes more than real Uncle had ever done for him. But he didn't know him and that was a real threat to him. He could hurt him and since his new friends had explained to him that they were all wizards, it was possible this man could hurt him with magic.

And that was a scary possibility that he didn't want to be true. The little boy swallowed thickly as he stared fearfully at him. His body was trying to decide when the best time to get the hell away was.

"It's otay, Hawwy come wiff you," he whispered out.

Severus frowned; very sure that Harry didn't want to come with him but was just too afraid to say no. He never thought that he would say it but he missed that stubborn defiant nature of the Gryffindor student. He didn't like this small and meek child. The boy's behavior almost reminded him of his own self, in the face of his father.

 This was the consequences of his inactions. All the other Professors could be excused as they didn't know what an abused child looked like, but he himself could not. He knew, having been there, he was just too stuck up on a dead man. And the outcome of his negligence was sitting here in his face.

 "But do you want to come with us?" He tried again, knowing what the child was trying to reason within himself. As Neville had pointed out, they had no way of knowing if he was really the lesser of the two evils.

 "If Hawwy go wiff you, den Hawwy don't hafta go back wiff his A'nt and Uncle?" Harry asked hopefully. He dared to ask this; because he wanted to be sure that he understood everything.

 "Yes that is correct. You would be going with Draco, Neville and I," Severus confirmed carefully his eyes calculating as he waited for the other's boy's answer.

Harry's eyes widened at the answer before flickering over to the blonde chime in the man's lap. "Dwaco otay wiff Hawwy coming?" The last thing he wanted was to go with the man and his new friend ended up turning on him like Dudley.

"Yep I want you too," Draco chirped eagerly.

"Gweat, den Hawwy come!" He declared happily, sold on that admission alone. He had never truly had friends before so he didn't want to do anything to lose that. And he trusted Draco; the other male was very nice to both him and Neville. Though if he was being honest, he maybe liked Neville more and only because Neville didn't always expect him to talk.

Severus didn't smile but he didn't frown as he stared at the child unseeingly for a moment. He vowed to get Potter to stop from referring to himself in the third person as soon as possible. Every time he heard him talk, made him wince from how behind and fearful the child was.  Setting Draco back on the floor he stood up and headed towards the matron. 

"I've no doubt that Granger and Weasely will be by soon to see Potter and Longbottom. How are we going to go about this?" He asked her honestly.

"Easy, we'll transfigure a pillow into a living golem, and they won't be able to tell the difference," Poppy said promptly.

"Sounds good, but what are you going to do with the boys when that happens?" He asked her.

"Can you....," she trailed off noting b the expression on his face and dropping that train of thought quickly. "I will floo Albus and see if he can look after 3 toddlers for a few hours," she said hastily.

"I will leave you to it," he told her giving one last glance at his godson before turning and walking out the infirmary without another word. He knew it was easier if the boy didn't see him leave.

As Severus headed passed by the Great Hall, he quirked an eyebrow in amusement. He saw the remaining two of the Gryffindor trio falter in their steps as he passed them. He could see them stop in their tracks and knew that they were fighting with themselves whether or not to ask him about their friend. But thankfully Granger seemed to use her brain and he made it to his quarters, in the dungeons undisturbed. 

He had to speak with his house elves and make sure that they child proofed his manor as well as setting up a room for the boys. At that thought he called them to him and informed of them of what was going to be happening in a few days. He contemplated briefly over what he should do in regards to the children and their space.

 Before he decided that didn't want to have to visit three different rooms so they were going to be sharing a room. They were five and he knew they wouldn't mind it; of course each child would have his own bed and section of the room so he could have the privacy if he so chose too.  He sighed, this was a lot of work and he was already starting to feel overwhelmed.

 Severus felt uncomfortable knowing that he or Albus would need to make a shopping run as he didn't have anything in his manor for children décor. He sighed loudly as he sat back in his arm chair, knowing that the quietness he had come to love over his holiday was soon to be smashed to pieces.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back in the infirmary Poppy had transfigured a few more items to benefit the children before setting them up in her office where the sole portrait of Helga Hufflepuff was residing. He knew the founder was bound by her oath as a healer even if she was a portrait and also knew that the woman would keep an eye on them and alert her if she was needed. quickly she got to work setting the infirmary back the way it was, making sure that the door to her office was closed.

 Taking a moment she quickly transfigured 'breathing' golems that resembled the three boys sleeping. No sooner had she finished everything when the doors to her hospital opened and she turned to face them, not surprised to see Hermione and Ronald. 

"Hullo Madame Pompfrey, we wanted to know how Harry was," Ron blurted out quickly.

"As well as Neville," Hermione said before clearly fighting with herself before sighing at her caring nature. "And Malfoy too," she added as she looked at the healer, ignoring the scandalized expression on Ron's face.

Poppy smiled in amusement but didn't draw attention to it as she addressed the children.

 "They have not woken up since they've been here, whatever the potion did was eating at their magic so I had them spelled into a magical coma while Professor Snape tries to find an antidote to the potion," she explained.

She knew this was the story that would be circulating around the school soon enough, but hopefully it would work out. She quickly shooed them away as another student came into the hospital seeking aid.

By the time the evening had come Poppy was tired to her core, wishing that it was already Friday instead of the Wednesday it currently was. She had not been visited by either Albus or Severus and it was starting to get to her. Despite the fact that they were well behaved and two of them fearful of authority they had still run her haggard.

 She attributed to them all being energetic boys and her not in shape enough to keep up with them. By the time the dinner trays had come in she was dreading going to get them from her office. She was saved from it for a moment when someone entered the infirmary. Poppy turned and smiled when she saw who it was.

 "Minerva, what can I do for you?" She asked cheerfully.

 "Poppy I've just finished talking with Mr. Weasely and Miss Granger and they have informed me what is wrong with my two lions and Severus's snake. Why didn't you inform us of this personally?" She asked quietly, keeping the hurt tone from her voice. She had thought Poppy was her friend.

Poppy gave a quiet gasp, she knew she had been forgetting something and here it was. "That wasn't my intention Minerva, the boys have taken over everything," she admitted apologetically.

"Is it that bad? Shall I go and inform Augusta?" She asked quietly, not wanting to get the Matriarch but knowing she might if the situation was as serious as she thought it was.

"No Albus is taking care of it, and I think we're better speaking off this in my office," she told her as she led the way before the woman could say anything. Poppy was relieved to find that the boys were still quietly playing with one another though they looked up when they saw her. She made sure to close the door after the Gryffindor unsure of what her reaction would be.

 "Aunt Poppy!" Draco squealed as he went to hug the matron's leg.

 Poppy looked down and smiled as he ruffled his soft hair. Out of the three of them, Draco was the most trusting, Neville was the most cautious, and Harry unfortunately was the most afraid.

 "Hi sweetie, are you all ready to eat?" She cooed to him, kissing his nose fondly as she lifted him up.

 "I am, Harry is hung'y too, he told me so," he informed her proudly.

 "Good boy, why don't you three clean up so I can get your food?" She asked as she set him on the ground.

 "Kay," he chirped as he clapped excitedly and bounced back to the two lions who were looking apprehensively at the new comer.

 Minerva had came back to her senses and turned to his friend. "Merlin, they're deaged," she said softly unable to believe that the child her friend had picked up was Draco Malfoy.

"Yes, we do not know the cause of it, Severus is trying to see what to make of their potion but so far not having much luck," she said honestly.

 "So the story of them being in the magical coma was a farce?" Minerva asked to confirm it even though the confirmation was sitting there across from her.

 "Aye," Poppy told her honestly. "We found some horrific discoveries about Harry and Neville's home life. And we need them with us and not with their guardians at this time," she said quietly.

 Minerva gasped again turning fully to look at Poppy with a horrified expression on her face. "I told Albus they were the worst sort of muggles," she hissed out angrily knowing that out of the boys it was probably Harry that Poppy was talking about. It made sense; she knew she wasn't the only one who noticed how small the boy had looked when he was 11. And then every year he returned to school, his classmates were all taller than him, even the girls.

 "Just as I told Albus, each house needs to perform a medical physical with me every year. He has refused to see reason and the children have suffered because of ignorance," she told her sadly.

 "He won't be going back," she growled before he gasped again as she realized something else. Hadn't Poppy mentioned two of them, and she knew about the relationship between Draco and Severus so she knew it wasn't the Slytherin. "Neville!" She remembered with a start, her voice raised in her hurt

Neville snapped his head up at the mention of his name, standing up properly and making his way over to the stern woman before he was even fully aware of it. He knew a summon when he heard one, and he winced trying to figure out what he had done to this lady. She scared him as she looked as stern and as mean as his Gran. That thought alone had him gulping softly, wondering if this woman knew his Gran on a personal level and whether she would make him go back. "Yes m'am?" He asked softly.

Minerva startled as she took I'm the fearful expression on his five year old face. She was unaccustomed to being on the receiving end of this gaze and it made her uncomfortable.

"How are you?" She asked kindly, her voice softer then what it had been before.

"Fine, m'am. Do you know my Gwan?" He forced himself to ask, he just better get it out the way. No use dragging out the inevitable, that only ended up with tears and he didn't want to freak Harry out.

"Yes I do," Minerva replied slightly confused at the question if she was being honest.

"Are you here to take me too her?" He asked glumly as he didn't want to go. He had believed the dark man who had said he could stay with him but where the heck was Sebbus now?

"No dear, she's not, you're still going with Severus," Poppy told him kindly before shooing him back off. She didn't want Neville to fear going home or Harry for that matter. Merlin if she could only get them to talk to her. If it wasn't for Draco she wouldn't even know if Harry needed anything as that child didn't seem to speak at least; not directly to her.

"Poppy, what do you mean Severus is taking him? And what about Harry's situation? Is he going with Severus as well?" Minerva asked worriedly, knowing of the dislike of between both Professor and student.

"We're going to talk, but first let me get them some dinner," Poppy said as she walked out the office and snapped her fingers. She knew Harry would be frightened again and she didn't want that. She ordered dinner for the children and made her way back to the office.

"Okay boys, we're going to eat but before we do we need to wash our hands," she informed them as she gestured for them to stand up.

Neville stood up eagerly holding out his hand for Harry to take. He wasn't sure just what it was but Harry needed someone to help him. And that's what he and Draco were here for. He knew Harry's Uncle had really hurt him, and if he was bigger he would go and show that man that he was a wizard and not to do that anymore. But for now he had to settle just being a friend to Harry.

"Hawwy eat too?" Harry asked hopefully as he grabbed the offered hand.

"Yes, remember Uncle Sebbus said you hafta eat," Draco told him smartly as he bounced his way into the lavatory, standing on the stool to wash his hands.

The other two boys followed suit, before bouncing their way back into the office, where a table with 3 child size seat were around it. The eagerly made their way to it, a child size plate of food in front of each of them.

Poppy was sitting at her desk with Minerva across from her, where they could watch the boys. She wasn't up for explaining again, but honestly she had no choice.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thursday morning found Albus checking in with Poppy to see if the status of the children's condition hadn't changed and he wasn't sure just what he was feeling in regards to that.  He didn't feel disheartened, if anything he felt relief. The boys would get to experience something they never had, in Harry's case the child would get to see how a child was supposed to experience Christmas.  He looked at the clock knowing he had some time to himself this morning with his Professors in their classes.

It would be a perfect time to visit Petunia and later floo Augusta. He would not be informing either of them of their charges deaged state as legally speaking they were still guardians. And in Harry's situation Petunia was about to lose that, he just wasn't sure who was going to get it.  He didn't want someone like Lucius Malfoy to get a hold of Harry.  If he was being honest with himself, he knew that Severus would be the best choice, since Sirius was out of the picture. He shook his head not allowing his thoughts to take him there before he flooed to Arabella Figgs house.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile back in the infirmary Poppy had gotten the 3 boys dressed in another one of their outfits. She really did need to thank Severus when she saw him again. She was grateful that the classes were still in session as she knew there was a least chance of a student ending up injured. And at the moment, her charges were just itching to get out and play.

And though she knew that taking them outside was particularly dangerous she had summoned a house elf who had told her of a place in the castle that would be the ideal place for them. She placed small glamour charms on all three of them before making her way to them. She then set the charmed bell on the desk into the entrance of the infirmary; if someone did come she would be able to assist them.

"Come on boys, we're going on a small trip," Poppy informed them cheerfully,

"Miss Poppy, where are we going?" Neville asked curiously as he looked at the matron for answers.

"That's Aunt Poppy Nebille," Draco stressed out as he looked at his friend.

"She didn't give us p‘mission to call her that," Neville said with a slight roll of his eyes.

"You can call me that if you want too, I don't mind," Poppy chirped in, not wanting them to argue. Her eyes immediately turned to seek out Harry, the raven hair child, tended to fade to the background. If she didn't think that the other two's companionship would be beneficial for Harry she would have probably fought for him to go stay somewhere else.

With someone who would be able to give him one on one time. She knew now however to separate him from Draco and Neville wasn't smart at all. The last thing she wanted him to do was to retreat further into himself.  She found him, nearly underneath one of the bed and she quickly made her way to him and stuck her hand out silently to him.

Harry looked at her suspiciously. "You want Hawwy to come wiff you?"

"Yes, we are all going to go play," Poppy promised him before she carefully lifted him up in her arms. She breathed a quiet sigh of relief, when his tensed body relaxed, knowing this was progress. She just hated the fact on how light he was. When she had done her scans on them, Harry was in the lower percentile in the weight category for his age, while Draco and Neville were just right.

Poppy made sure her charges had each other's hand before grabbing Draco's hand; knowing that Neville wouldn't try to run away. The past day in the hospital alone with them had taught her early on that Draco would run at any given chance. The child just could not keep still his energy was unrelenting.

"Aunt Poppy, what are we going to be doing in this room?" Draco asked cheerfully.

"We're going to be playing, and have our lunch in it," she told him quietly. "Doesn't that sound fun?"

"It sounds really fun," Neville interjected in the conversation.

Poppy smiled as she looked down at the child snuggled into her chest and gently placed a kissed in his soft hair, unable to resist it.  She was rewarded when the boy in question, lifted up his head to look at her with his brilliantly bright emerald eyes curiously.

"Aunt Poppy kiss Hawwy?" Harry asked softly, unsure if he felt on the top of his head was correct.

"I did," she told him honestly.

"Why?" Harry asked quietly, he didn't understand this lady or this big place he was at.

Nothing seemed to make sense anymore for him. The little boy knew he was far away from his Uncle and Aunt and cousin. And though he didn't know these people, something in him felt that he could trust them. He had never felt so safe then he did in that moment, he wasn't sure what to do with himself. It had been a long time since he had felt safe anywhere and he was reluctant to latch on it as it would be worse when they finally pulled away again. He didn't know when these new people would realize how much of a freak he was and then decide to take him back to his relatives. And he never wanted to go back; he wished this was his home.

"Because sweet little boys named Harry deserve kisses," Poppy told him softly, her eyes getting a stinging feeling in the back of them. She knew he didn't understand this now, but he would in time and she would help him see, they all would.

"You fink Hawwy is sweet?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"I know you are sweet," she told him firmly, wanting him to have no doubt of her words.

"Oh," Harry breathed out softly, unsure of how he was supposed to respond to that. Only one person had ever told him he was sweet, and she was his first teacher. She had believed him, but then she had a baby and he never saw her again. But he had never forgotten her, even if she had forgotten him.

"You are a very good boy," she told him before planting another kiss on the top of his head before she sped up slightly so they could get to the room faster.

Harry rested against her chest, a warm feeling starting to blossom in his chest, at Aunt Poppy's words.  If nothing else, he would never forget her words, they gave him hope. And he knew he was short on hope and this would keep him for as long as he needed.

Unaware of his thoughts, Poppy ushered them all into the come and go room as the elves had called it, having chose the type of place she wanted for them. She was thrilled when they walked inside, setting Harry on the ground.

She went and took a seat on the couch, intent on relaxing a bit while they played. She knew that tomorrow would be particularly stressful for them, and she wanted to ease it as best as she could. She made a mental note to make up a time to check on them once they were settled in with Severus. She trusted the man but she didn't think he was up to the task no matter was Albus had said. With that thought in mind, she turned to watch the boys, a smile gracing her face as she smiled back in turn to Harry before urging him to play. 

The End.
End Notes:
Lemme know what you think. The next chapter is when Severus fully comes into play and he takes the boys to his home.
Chapter 4 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my faithful reviewers you guys are awesome! This is posted today, because it was starting to get ridiculously long for no reason. And if I kept it for another day it would get added too. Enjoy it!

When Severus arrived in the infirmary on Friday the next morning, he was happy to note that the children were still sleeping. He turned an inquisitive eye to the matron wondering if she hadn't woken them or if this was the cause of a potion. He glanced at the clock, knowing it to be around 10:00 and he knew if no one else that Longbottom wouldn't be sleeping in that late or Draco for that matter. If he was being honest, all of the boys were on some type of schedule that had to do with their routine. Which led him back to his original point; why were they still sleeping?

"Poppy do you know why are they still sleeping? Are they ill?" He asked with a bit of dread in his stomach. That was the only thing that would be worst then just dealing with the 3 toddlers; dealing with sick toddlers. He would never have the patience required to care for them.

"No I spelled them all; I knew it would make the transition easier. Albus informed me that you were flooing to the Manor and Harry has not yet traveled by magical transportation at this age. And while he seems to be adapting to magic better than we expected I didn't want to push our luck," she explained.

"I understand," he murmured and he did. He expertly picked up Draco, comfortably setting him on his left side before frowning as he looked at the other two. He wasn't sure which one he wanted to pick up, he didn't actually want to get them but he didn't want to hear Poppy.

 Choosing he quickly grabbed Longbottom, as that boy at least trusted him to keep him safe. Potter feared him and though it had only been 2 days he was disappointed to realize no progress was being made.

"Will Albus be flooing with you?" Poppy asked as she picked up Harry and snuggled him to her chest. This was the favorite part of her day and she would miss them once they left. Though on the plus side, she had to visit with them every couple of days to check their progress so it wasn't all bad. Harry needed as many hugs as he could get.

"I hope so, he has their trunks. I know they may not have much need for them at the moment, but they are theirs," he told her; and he understood the sentiment. "And what has happened to their wands?" He was curious to know as those items had not been in their trunks or even on their persons.

"Albus has them," she told him honestly, and it really was the best place.

He didn't say anything else as he carefully flooed to the Headmaster's office. He was so not about to walk down the corridors with two small toddlers obviously.  While the corridors were sure to be empty as the students in question were all headed down to the train, there was always a few stragglers'.

"Albus will you be flooing with me to my Manor?" Severus asked once he appeared in the man's office.

"Yes, I want to check the wards and talk with you a bit more on what I've discovered," Albus told him promptly as he was carefully handed Harry from Poppy.

"Then I will see you there, and I will see you in 2 days Poppy," Severus told her before he disappeared into the green flames.

Albus gave the woman a small smile before he and Harry followed suit right about a minute after Severus. He didn't want to floo on top of the man and end up injuring their charges. Once he landed in the Manor he took a moment to look around, noting in amusement that it was of course with out the Christmas decorations.

 He would have to take care of that in a few days, knowing that the children would be delighted to help; though he knew Severus wouldn't be that thrilled. Albus laid Harry down on the couch before going to take Neville from Severus to lay him down as well.

"I see no need to keep them sleeping, it would be better if you woke them all up in a little while. Otherwise they will not want to sleep tonight," Albus told him truthfully.

"Trust me Albus, I will be doing just that; just as soon as I get done talking with you," Severus told him, even though he would have loved to keep the little brats sleep. He turned to set his godson in between Potter and Longbottom before gesturing to Albus to settle down in the chairs near the fireplace.

Albus took his seat, watching impassively as Severus snapped his fingers for a house elf. He knew what the man wanted to be informed of, but he also knew he needed to be delicate in delivering the information. Nothing had truly been changed, but things were being set into motion as a result of his actions. He turned his eyes directly to the man across from him once the tea had been served; well it was the moment of truth.

"What did you find out at Longbottom's house?" Severus asked, always one to cut to the chase. Now was not the time to deal with Albus's way of prolonging the inevitable.

"Augusta wasn't very forthcoming with anything, at least not until I told her that Poppy had done a scan of Neville's body and the results were horrifying. Only after telling her that as Poppy's oath as a healer and that she had to report it got her to talk to me," Albus stated calmly.

"And what did she say? Did she try to deny it? Or worse, did she try to justify her actions?" Severus asked with a grim look on his pale face.

"She's seems to be under the illusion that Neville is the exact copy of his father. But you and I know that they both are two different people. The most noticeable trait is that Frank Longbottom is in St. Mungo's while Neville is not," Albus replied evenly.

"I see," Severus said carefully and he did see. He had been here once before, with a couple of his snakes. This particular abuse had catastrophic consequences. He knew that depending on the child, it could go a few ways. He has seen it first hand, some of them turn to suicide and others tended to go violent against others. He shook his head ruefully for being so blind to not see this sooner.

"Yes, and so she's demanded to see him, but we both know that is not going to happen. I recommended to her that she see a mind healer, but that didn't go by her very well," Albus stated with a small chuckle. He knew she would try to go to her solicitors but with the law on their side as well as the medical records she and Algernon were looking at charges for child neglect and abuse. He would be keeping an eye on things these next few days.

"I don't see her just letting this go," Severus said with a caution tone, it unsettled him no doubt about that.

"She isn't but, but we have the law on our side. She allowed the heir to the Noble House of Longbottom to be harmed on her watch, and possibly adding to his turmoil. That won't just go away either Severus," Albus pointed out.

"That is also true," Severus replied slowly, the odds were in their favor, but he was a Slytherin. So he knew nothing was set in stone, and he would have to be vigilante until this was all over with.

"I'm optimistic," Albus told him with a warm smile.

"I'm cautious and with good reason, but enough of that. What did you find out regarding Potter?" Severus asked his eyes flickering over to the child who was lying innocently on his couch. He frowned at the sudden twitching of his arms, unsure of what they meant. He shook his head, his eyes meeting back to his mentors'.

Albus took off his glasses and gave a weary sigh as he rubbed his eyes. This was the one that he had barely been able to keep his magic restrained. He had been glad that no one else had gone with him, or else he wouldn't have been able to keep them calm. Especially not when he himself had struggled and had tried hard not to curse the muggles. He looked at Severus's expectant eyes, but honestly he didn't even know where to start. Maybe he should try to take his own advice and to start from the beginning.

"His bedroom was a cupboard under the stairs," Albus started off softly.

"What?" Severus asked his eyes glancing back at the child before going back to the old man. Had he heard wrong?

"It was a four bedroom home, but Harry was given a cupboard to stay in. They wanted to keep the freak away," Albus stated as his eyes pooled with tears. "I should have checked on him,"

"Petunia let her nephew live in a cupboard?" Severus asked his eyes dark pools of unidentified emotion.

"Yes, he knows nothing of love, or kindness," Albus replied quietly as he took a moment to gain control of his emotions. He wouldn't talk about the cupboard, he couldn't. Besides maybe Harry would be able to open up to Severus.

"What else?" Severus said bitingly.

"He's very good at hiding, he knows if he's out of sight he's out of mind and that was safer for him. Severus I know you saw Poppy's report so I won't elaborate on the injuries. He's been neglected and emotionally, verbally and to an extent physically abused. His Uncle started hitting him around the age he is now which is why he's constantly flinching away. Hands only hurt for him," Albus told him with a sigh.

"How can this be? On Lily's child?" Severus murmured inaudibly, as the question wasn't meant for Albus but for him and him alone. "What's being done about them?" He asked a bit louder.

"At the moment, I've cut off their stipend that they were receiving to take care of Harry and have ordered them to pay it all back. I cannot take their guardianship just yet, but I will as soon as I have a home setup for Harry," Albus explained.

Severus nodded curtly, knowing exactly what he meant by that. He wasn't stupid; he knew that Fudge would do anything to have the boy-who-lived in his grasps. And they didn't want him a ward of the ministry. That would do way more harm then good, and he knew that even he would be better than them.

He frowned at the sudden thought, where had that idea even come from? Albus didn't even suggest it, so why did he think of it? Maybe he just felt guilty for allowing Lily's child to suffer because of his blindness. No matter, he wouldn't fail him again, he would make sure that Harry found a family that would love and cherish him. 

"I will need to make sure that whichever guardian you choose, is up to the task of taking care of Mr. Potter," Severus told the man seriously as he stared unblinkingly at his employer. He had put his trust in Albus and it had failed, yet again. He wouldn't fail this time.

"That's fine Severus," Albus told him quietly before he turned and gently flicked his wand in the direction of the boys.

Severus glanced at the children again before shaking his head as he turned back to Albus. He knew that the boy's were in dire need of clothes and dare he say it toys. He just wasn't good at asking for help, he would have to casually slip the idea to Albus at another time. As their emotions were still raw at this point in time due to the past conversation, and he had no desire to try to work through those emotions at this time.  He simply turned to finish his cup of tea, knowing the children would be up in just a moment.

True to Severus's thoughts, it was maybe 15 minutes later when the first boy woke up, surprisingly to find Neville looking around the sitting room with wide and sleepy eyes. His gaze landed on the two men who had stopped their conversation to look at him. The boy in question quickly jumped off the couch and dusted himself off, hoping they hadn't seen his feet were on the cushion. He didn't recognize the interior so knew it was probably, Draco's Uncle Sebbus's house.

"Good morning Mr. Longbottom," Severus told the child, his dark eyes focusing on the child but not necessarily his eyes. He knew the boy tended to shudder when he held eye contact and he hated that he didn't know why that was. Hopefully he would be able to figure out just why that was. He really did have his work cut out for him.

"Good morning Sir, Headmaster," Neville said quietly his eyes looking to find Draco and Harry both still asleep. While he would have liked them to be awake, he wasn't going to disturb them.

"Do you need anything Neville?" Albus asked in concern.

"Just the time Headmaster," Neville replied politely.

Albus frowned, wishing the child didn't speak like an adult, but having no reason to wonder why. He knew the cause and it hurt his heart so. "It's just after 11:00am," he told him as he spelled the tempus charm.

Neville took on a panicked expression at that answer, his eyes flickering from the old man and back to the dark man. He shuddered for a moment before he shook his head. He was going to be a Gryffindor like his parents, so he would be brave and take his punishment like they would. He hesitated only slightly before he marched over to the men, coming to stand in front of Draco's godfather. He took a deep breath before he stuck his hands out in front of him.

To say Severus was confused at first was putting it lightly, and he knew once he glanced over at Albus that the old man was curious about it as well. What was the child doing? And why did he have a feeling that he wasn't going to like the answer?

"What are you doing?" Albus asked since it seemed like Severus wasn't going to be able to get the question out.

"I'm waiting for my punishment, for waking up late sir. I've slept the whole day away practically," he said softly, knowing that these men probably hit a lot harder then what he was used too but he wouldn't cry. He knew that only made it worse.

Severus found his voice at that, and shook his head, his dark hair falling slightly into his face as he bent his head down so they could look eye to eye with the child. "You were spelled asleep by Poppy. And furthermore, they're will be none of those smacks here. I do not discipline that way," he told him firmly before he gently pulled the boy's hands down and to his sides. "Do you understand me Mr. Longbottom?"

"Yes sir," Neville replied softly before sighing. "But I missed breakfast too, when am I allowed to eat?" He asked the man with a brave face, more then he currently felt. The man was still in his personal space, but he didn't feel threatened at all, and he honestly was confused by that.

"Now," Severus promised him as he snapped his fingers for his house elf.

"What can Missy do for Master Severus?" Missy the house elf chirped.

"This is Neville Longbottom, one of the 3 boys who will be staying with us for a while. Could you please show him to the kitchen and fix him something to eat?" Severus asked her.

"Of course Master Severus," Missy said eagerly as she held out her hand for the child to take. She was rewarded when the child grabbed her hand and they made their way to the kitchen.

Severus waited until they were gone before he put a hand over his face. "I'm in over my head Albus. I still cannot see how you thought this would be a good idea. I don't feel like I am the best person to help them," he muttered out with a shake of his head.

"You don't see it, but I do. I was even a witness to it, just a moment ago. I am not punishing you Severus, but this will work out in the end I promise you that," Albus stated cryptically.

Severus couldn't see what the man saw and only gave a curt nod, his head turning quickly when he heard a soft whimper. For a moment he thought it might be Draco, but the blonde head stayed down on the couch. The dark head didn't move either and he almost dismissed it until he found himself suddenly staring into a pair of sparkling green eyes. "Potter," he said lips curling almost instinctively only just barely able to catch himself.

Harry flinched at the tone, before he quickly rolled off the couch. He kept one eye on the dark man in the corner as his other eye scoped out the hiding spots and the exits. He knew that he had nothing to fear from the old man, but Draco's Uncle Sebbus frightened him to his very core. He didn't understand it, especially as the man hadn't hurt him. But something in the way that he said his last name, just made him know that he had done something horrible to this man.

It had to be his freakiness that touched him somehow.  He walked slowly towards the men, choosing to stand in front of the man who looked like Father Christmas. No matter what the man said, Harry was certain that this was the real Father Christmas and he wouldn't do anything stupid or bad. He had a really big chance of getting presents this year so he was going to try as hard as he could to be the best he could be.

"Good morning Harry, how did you sleep?" Albus asked cheerfully, as he turned to give Severus a look. The man knew better than that, and besides Albus had thought he was passed all of that, especially given what he found out about Harry.  Apparently his hatred for James Potter was still very strong.

"Hawwy is fine," Harry replied shyly as he looked into the warm blue eyes.

"That's good, are you hungry at all my boy?" Albus said slyly, hoping if he could just keep the child calm he would be able to admit just one thing without the other boys. Even if he didn't it would still be progress.

Harry wasn't sure if this was a trick question, but he knew the old man at least wouldn't hurt him. That bit of him was adamant that ‘Father Christmas' wouldn't lay a hand on him like his Uncle did. He couldn't make himself verbally answer so he gave a soft nod.

"Good, follow me Harry. Neville is in the kitchen already eating," Albus said as he gently took the child's hand. He shook his head disappointedly at Severus as he passed but said nothing not wanting the child to overhear him.

Severus winced softly, aware that he had messed up. He knew that Potter the child, was nothing like Potter senior but it was hard given the messy hair. However he knew that it was wrong, and if someone else decided to look into it, he could actually be hurting the child even worse. The other type of abusive people, which he and Albus hadn't gotten into, was the kind who doesn't see the child for who he is.

He knew that Harry and James were two different people; he just had trouble differentiating between the two of them. Which in hindsight he knew it was bad, if he couldn't see that they were two different people then this wouldn't work for Harry. He frowned; Lily would be so ashamed of him, if she knew that he was treating her son like this. Harry had done nothing to him and yet he was once again punishing him for the sins of his father. That made him just as bad as Harry's own Aunt.

Was that kind of message he wanted Draco and Neville to see? Or Harry for that matter? What would this do to him? That would just cement in the child's eyes that no one would care for him, and he wouldn't be the reason for the child giving up on people. That was what happened to him, people giving up on him led to his dark and dangerous path. He got it; he knew what Albus meant now.

Which meant for him, that he couldn't call him Potter anymore, at least not until he could be sure that he was addressing Harry. And this was Harry not James. He would make this right, and he took a breath to clear his thoughts. He wouldn't fail again. He was interrupted from his moment of clarity when he saw movement out of the corner of his eye and he snapped to attention. He smiled a small smile for his blonde sleepy eyed godson, who was looking around curiously.

"Hiya Uncle Sebbus," Draco said as he rolled off the sofa and stood up before giving off a wide yawn.

"Hi Dragon, did you sleep well?" Severus asked him kindly as he made his way too him.

"I did, but I so hung'y now Uncle Sebbus," Draco told him as he stretched his arms up to be carried.

"You're getting much too big to be carried dragon," Severus told him fondly but he bent down to pick him up.

"No I'm not, mummy says that I am the right size for her to pick me up," Draco said with a cheeky smile.

"Fair enough," Severus said as he turned to head out the door, positive that Draco would want to eat as well. Not to mention it would give him a moment to talk with Albus, he was very much aware that he needed to assure the man that he could see the difference between Harry and James, after all that was important.

 He set Draco down in a chair and motioned to Albus to follow him back into the sitting room. They were only a room away and he knew that Missy would warn him if something was wrong. He spelled a privacy charm, just in case they happened to raise voices the boys wouldn't be able to hear.

~*~*~*~~*~**~*~*~**~**~*~*~*~*~*~*

Back in the kitchen, Draco was eating his breakfast with vigor. He was so hungry, not to mention he was worried that Neville and Harry would be finished before he was and he didn't want to be left at the table alone.

"No so fast Dwaco, or you can choke and that'll be real bad," Neville said worriedly.

"I just don't want you or Harry to leave me, when you get done with your bweakfast fiwst," Draco told him honestly.

"Hawwy and Nebille won't weave you, Hawwy pwomise," Harry told the boy with a shy smile.

Draco smiled, knowing it to be true, especially since Harry only spoke up when things needed to be said. "Fanks Harry,"

"You welcome Dwaco," Harry said with a bright smile before he looked around the kitchen as he drank the rest of his pumpkin juice. He had been introduced to a lot of yummy goodness since he had been here; even the porridge that he had been served today was nothing like his Aunt Petunia made him eat. Which reminded him of something else, where were they exactly? And would he get to stay with Neville and Draco? Or would they somehow get separated, he hoped not. The only person who could answer that was Draco, as he looked like he had been here before.  But Harry didn't want to talk to him too much now, especially since he was eating.

Neville had no such qualms about it. "Draco are we at your Uncle Sebbus's manor?"

"Yep, we are and it's really big. Sometimes I fink its bigger then Malfoy manor," Draco said proudly.

"Cool, then we'll have a really fun time playing here if your Uncle Sebbus lets us," Neville said brightly.

"He will," Draco promised him happily.

Harry was thrilled at the conversation going on around him. He would get to play with Neville and Draco and he was sure that both of them had toys. That meant that he would get to play with their toys because they were his friends; which led to the bright smile currently on his face. He had never had friends and this was a new but very welcoming experience for this little boy.

They even liked it when he talked, that was a whole different change then he was used it. It's like they wanted to hear what he had to say.  He was still smiling when Draco finally finished his food and then slid off his chair. Harry quickly followed suit, looking at the slightly bigger boys expectantly.

"We hafta go get my Uncle Sebbus, so he can show us where we sleep," Draco told him, knowing that their room would be near their playroom.

"Gweat," Neville replied easily as he reached for Harry's hand. He had noticed the grownups had down that with Harry in particular. If they didn't pick him up they made sure that he was holding onto to their hand. Neville was sure it had to do with the fact that sometimes Harry got scared and he hid very easily. He didn't want his friend to be scared so he would hold his hand whenever they went somewhere. It was their job to protect Harry until he could protect himself.

Draco led the way back into the sitting room, noting in annoyance that he couldn't hear either men which told him that they had spelled a silencing spell and he pouted. "We hafta wait," he told them with a huff.

"That's fine," Neville said every the patient one.

Harry didn't mind waiting and didn't bother saying anything. Only as he stood in place for a moment he found himself moving as he registered something. He gasped softly as he squirmed in place anxiously as he watched the dark man silently talking to the old man with the long beard. He didn't want to interrupt but he also knew staying silent was also bad in the long run and he turned to his blonde friend. "Dwaco, I hafta go potty," he confessed softly.

Draco nodded compliantly, as he understood that.  He just wasn't sure if his godfather has spelled the charm against him. So he wasn't sure calling him would be the best way. No matter, he wasn't scared this was his godfather. The other downside was that he hadn't been to his godfather's manor in a long time so he wasn't sure where everything was. He glanced at Harry and measuring the situation he hurried forward and tugged on his godfather's cloak. "Uncle Sebbus?"

Severus paused in his conversation with Albus and looked down at his godson curiously wondering just what the child wanted.  And this is why he liked the selective privacy charm, they could hear the boys but the children couldn't hear them. Which reminded him, and he quickly canceled the charm before he bent down slightly to address the child. "What is dragon?"

"Harry hasta go to the baffroom," he told him proudly.

"Thank you for telling me Draco," he told him with a soft smile before he scowled as he realized the headmaster was twinkling his bright eyes at him.  "Watch the other two and cease with that insufferable look," he hissed at the other man trying to regain some of his dignity at being caught.

Albus grinned but didn't comment on it as he took a seat in the comfy chair near the boys. "Harry you go with Severus, he will take you to the lavatory," he told the small child kindly watching sadly when the green eyes opened even wider in his fright. He noted that he wasn't the only who noticed as the boy on his left suddenly spoke up.

"I need to relieve myself as well," Neville stated formally giving the raven headed child a knowing look. He wouldn't leave Harry alone with Sebbus until he told him so. He knew that his friend was afraid of his Draco's godfather, and if he was being honest so was he.

Severus frowned at the tone but grabbed the two boys hands to escort them, leaving Draco with Albus. The first thing he was planning doing was getting that child to relax, between Harry and Neville, Severus was almost at a loss for words. They were contradictions of their older self and he hated them for it. Not that it was their fault, he hated their situation and how he hadn't seen, and wouldn't have seen until now.

Albus wasn't sure what to make of the little blonde boy. He did know he couldn't judge him on the sins he had done when he was older as Draco Malfoy age five was currently innocent of any wrong doings. As of now he was a new blank slate and any good he learned Albus hoped he was able to retain it.

He turned his attention to the boy and smiled brightly at him.  The little boy was staring at him with a pensive look that seemed out of place on his young face. When the little boy granted him with a smile he assumed he had passed whatever test the little boy had given him.

"Gran'pa Albus?" Draco asked softly unsure if the man would allow him to call him that. But he just didn't feel right calling him Headmaster like his Uncle Sebbus. He didn't go to that school, so he didn't think it was right. Besides the man looked like Merlin, he was so not a Headmaster to Draco.

"Yes Draco?" Albus asked clearly delighted at the new name, he wasn't going to change a thing.

"Can I sit on you lap?" He asked childishly.

"Of course you can," Albus replied as he eagerly picked the child up, allowing the boy to play with his beard and garbled nonsense words at him. Albus was just delighted that the child had no misgivings. He loved the boy in that moment, and wished hard that Draco would still hang on to this innocent side of him when he returned to his former self.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back with Severus the younger man was currently waiting on the two small boys. Once he had led them to the loo, they had both disappeared inside it and shut the door. He was slightly worried, which is why he was standing close to the door ready to jump inside if necessary.

The time did give him a moment to contemplate things, like for starters he really wanted Harry's fear of him gone. It physically hurt his heart every time the little boy flinched and hunched into himself whenever he was near him. Lily's eyes should never have that fear. The other thing was Longbottom, he was like a walking dictionary his grammar was so rich.

He hated it, he knew with pureblood etiquette that Draco had it too, however his godson tended to relax but Longbottom never did and he would need to get him comfortable so he could. Add to the fact that he would have to somehow find an antidote, Severus was starting to feel overwhelmed. Which of course he would never admit; even in the dire of circumstances.  He was interrupted from his musings when the door opened and both little boys walked out of the door.

"Hands washed?" He asked them promptly, recalling going through this with Draco. It was like riding a broom, it was all starting to come back to him.

"Yup, I made sure Harry used soap and everything," Neville told him proudly.

"Good boys," he praised them, his chest constricting as he saw how happy that small statement caused both children to react. He cleared his throat before ushering them back into the sitting room. He wasn't able to mask his surprise when he saw Draco and Albus calming sitting together and having a conversation that made no such sense to him.

"Hiya Uncle Sebbus, Gran'pa Albus an' I was just pwaying a game," Draco informed him cheerfully as he turned and laid back against said man's torso.

It was just by chance that Severus had kept his composure, as it was his eyes seemed to be showing the shock and disbelief he was currently feeling. "Grandpa Albus?" He repeated slowly.

"Uh huh, he's not Merlin, so I ‘cided that he's gonna be my Gran'pa ‘stead," Draco informed him happily.

"And Albus agreed with that? Just like that?" Severus asked skeptical for obvious reasons. He and the other two boys couldn't have been gone for too long and to come back to his godson dare he say it; cuddling his mentor it was just too surreal for him. Never mind the fact that he was clearly seeing it with his own eyes.

"Yes, Draco is a very sweet child," Albus interjected as he ruffled the youngster's hair fondly.

Draco beamed at that compliment as he turned to look at the man. "Yes I very sweet," he agreed as he grabbed a piece of the man's beard and put it under his nose. "Look Nebille, Harry! I'm Merlin!" He stated before giggling.

While Neville only gave a small smirk and shake of his head the childish behavior, Harry's reaction was much different. Harry was watching with wide eyes, his green eyes flickering from awe, to jealously, to anguish. He turned his back to the duo, before he went to sit by the fireplace. He knew better then to ask or even draw attention to himself; he knew he wouldn't like the outcome if Draco got mad. After all he had loads of practice, dealing with his cousin Dudley.

"Harry, come away fwom there," Neville told him with a frown, his eyes flicking to the adults who seemed to be in their own conversation. Didn't they see how sad the green eye child was? Why didn't they go help him?

"Hawwy stay hewe Nebille, away fwom Dwaco," Harry told him softly as he started curling into himself.

"Why do you hafta go all the way over there?" Neville said his frown deepening as he walked quietly over to the small child.

Harry gave him a slight shrug. "Cause Gwan'pa Albus don't wike Hawwy anymore. And Hawwy don't want Dwaco might get mad," he told him softly.

"Why would he get mad? You didn't do anyfing," Neville said as he turned around to look at the grownups silently for a moment.

"No one needs a weason to huwt Hawwy. Dey always huwt Hawwy," He confessed him to him sadly.

"Not here, the Headmaster promised," Neville said firmly before he turned and made his way to the dark man. He still didn't know what to call him, but said man hadn't given him permission to call him anything he sure as heck wasn't about to ask. He gently reached forward and tugged on the man's cloak.

"Yes Mr. Longbottom?" Severus asked neutrally as he turned his eyes from Draco and Albus to look down at his other young charge.

"Can you pick Harry up?" Neville asked bluntly. He wasn't sure if Harry would actually liked that, but he was sure that his friend wanted to have a cuddled and the Headmaster was currently preoccupied so the dark man would have to do.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Severus said with a cough, unable to believe what the child just asked him.

"Harry is so very sad, and I fink he wants cuddles," Neville told him as he stared at the man unblinkingly. The dark man was going to pick up his friend.

"Okay and you think that he wants me to pick him up?" Severus said with a snort, even as his eyes landed on the small child sitting close to the fireplace. Once again, he felt his arms twitching, and he sighed wondering why the child was sad in the first place.

"Why is he sad?" Severus asked slightly stalling for time as he tried to catch Albus's eye, but the blasted man was sitting there playing peek-a-boo with Draco. Didn't the man know that Draco was passed that age where peek-a-boo was acceptable. Wait, was Draco giggling?

"Because nobody ever picked him up, like the Headmaster is doing to Dwaco," Neville said matter a factly.

Severus gave a curt nod, wanting to ask the child why he didn't seem to be suffering from the neglect. He knew that Neville's situation wasn't as dire as Harry's but it was also very unfair to compare.

"Alright," he said with another sharp nod as he squared his shoulders. Honestly this was just a child, a baby even. He never got this worked up over Draco, so why was Po-Harry so different?

"Member, you hafta be nice to Harry. He's so very afwaid of you," Neville cautioned him worriedly.

"I will Mr. Longbottom, not to worry," Severus said, nodding his head at the irony that a 5 year old child was cautioning him about how to behave with Harry. If he hadn't had that eye opener a half hour before this would be one here. Even the children had noticed, how could he be so judgmental?

No matter, no he could make up for it and he carefully headed towards the child. He took a seat on the floor, remembering when he had been this age that his father had looked huge compared to him and he didn't want him afraid of him right now. It was strange, he could even feel the eyes of Neville on him, and vowed to have a talk with the perceptive child. He wondered if the boy had kept that trait as he grew up. He cleared his mind as he settled into the floor across from Harry, preparing himself for the emerald eyes.

"Harry, why are you sitting over here all alone?" Severus asked softly.

Harry gave a small shrug as he hunched into himself. He knew that Neville had gotten the man to come over him but he didn't know why. He chanced a look at his friend, his eyes unconsciously straying to Draco who was relaxing against the old man's chest and he hunched even further into himself. "Hawwy just sad," he said softly.

Severus followed the boy's eyes for a moment; his emotions clear on his face. So Longbottom had been right once again, he would have to reward him with something. He turned back to the child. "Why are you sad Harry?"

"Cause Hawwy neber had dat," he said with a small huff. "Dwaco gets evewything," he said with a sad sigh.

Severus swallowed thickly at that. He had remembered screaming to himself, once Lily had left his life that Potter always got everything. How alike were they? He found himself wanting the child in his arms. Wanting the boy to want the comfort that he had for him, for him to accept it and cherish it.

"That's not true, you and Neville and Draco all get the same thing. If you want to have cuddles, you can have them too," Severus assured him.

"Wiff who? Hawwy don't haff a Gwan'pa Awbus, Hawwy don't even haff an Uncle Sebbus," He told the man with a small sniffle at he thought about the injustice that was his young life. "Or a mummy or a daddy, Hawwy has nuffin," he said knowing it was true and nothing the man could say to change it.

"You have a mum and dad, they just died Harry. But they will always be your parents, and nothing will ever change that. And Grandpa Albus is yours as well if you want him to be. As for Uncle Severus, I never did say what you can call me did I?" Severus said with a small smile that he usually only reserved for Draco. "You can call me that too if you want,"

Harry's eyes went wide at that admission, looking up from his long lashes to stare for once in the dark obsidian eyes. They didn't look angry, they looked full of an emotion he wasn't familiar with but the man looked almost warm. He didn't want to call him Uncle though, he was reminded of his horrible Uncle Vernon but it was nice that the man gave him permission.  

He gave a slight nod, maybe he could find a better name to call the man, and yeah he would do that! He blew out a breath before cautiously holding out his arms in the universal gesture that mean he wanted to be picked up. He was putting a lot of trust in this man. But he had a feeling that he wouldn't regret it, he just hoped that he wouldn't be denied.

Severus didn't even give it a half of a second, knowing that if he hesitated then Harry would notice and whatever it is that they just had would be shot to hell. He scooped the boy in his arms and held him close, acknowledging the sudden clenching feeling in his heart.  This was Lily's child and he had sought comfort with him, Severus. He swallowed thickly vowing to do right by Harry this time and hugged him tighter as he sealed in his promise.

Albus reached an arm out to Neville, not wanting the child to feel left out. hHe chancd a glance at Draco to find him still preoccupied with his beard. The old man wished he had a camera, his twinkling as he watched the dour man and the sweet boy cuddling on the floor.

"Very good job Neville," Albus told the small boy softly.

"Thank you sir," Neville replied with a proud smile on his face, chancing a look at Draco who he was happy to note didn't look jealous. Draco had everything and it would be awful if he got jealous over Harry getting a little bit of comfort.

Albus allowed the two to have a moment on the floor before he stood up with both boys in his arms on each of his sides. It wasn't difficult to carry them, even with his age. He cleared his throat as he walked to the door of the sitting room. He knew that it would go better if Severus would show the children where they were staying. He knew that Harry and Severus needed to bond, and what better way for the man to continue on  that trust by showing the child where he would staying for these next few weeks.

"'Severus, would you like to show Harry and the other boys where they will be staying?" Albus asked cheerfully, as he glanced at the Manor giving the man a moment to compose himself if he needed too.

"Of course Albus," Severus replied softly as he glanced down at the child in his arms, to note the boy was the most relaxed he had ever seen him awake.

And this was due to himself, he found himself horrified to realize that he felt a bit of pride on the inside. He stood up and made his way over to the old man, his eyes automatically searching out Draco.

He needed to make sure that his godson didn't have any ill effects after seeing his godfather comfort another child. That was one thing he knew he would have to be careful about. The situation was delicate, how was he supposed to provide each child with adequate care and the same amount of attention? He was only one person, and he found himself mentally scoffing.

 Maybe Poppy had been right in suggesting that he look for someone to come and help him. He frowned at her suggestion at the time as she had recommended Lupin but now he was having second thoughts. He shook his head, it was truly only the first day, and he had this. If he even needed help, the first day was just supposed to feel overwhelming right?

Clearing his thoughts he led the way up the stairs, wondering if the child would be able to go up and down the stairs without trouble or if he would need to keep a gate charm on them. He would revisit that thought at a later date, when he wasn't letting his emotions cloud his judgment. Shaking his head, he walked towards the second door to the right and opened the door.

He spelled the lights on, gently prodding Harry so he could look around the room. This was a large room in his manor, and he was sure it was perfect for the boys. In 3 different corners of the large room was a bed and a wardrobe that included cupboard to put their clothes. He narrowed his eyes at the cupboard as he was reminded of something that Albus had told him about Harry. He would need to explain to Harry that he was not to think that was his bed.

 Each bed had a different color scheme going on, one bed was set up in Gryffindor colors, another corner Slytherin and another color Ravenclaw. He hadn't explicitly told the house elves what colors to go with so he hoped that no one would fight over something. It did make it easy for him and them to remember which things were theirs. He watched as Albus walked to one of the beds and turn around and Severus quirked an eyebrow in question.

"Neville and Draco have decided that Harry gets to pick which corner he wants," Albus informed him with a small smile.

Harry turned to look at his friends in surprise and shock. He had not expected this and he would get to have a bed here too? It was almost unreal, but that thought didn't stop his beaming bright smile, his emerald eyes showing his happiness.

"Hawwy want da gween bed," Harry told them shyly.

"Can you say that I want the green bed?" Severus asked gently, hating the third person Harry referred to himself.

"You want da gween bed?" Harry said with a frown and a bit of confusion.

"No, the green bed is yours, I want you to say that you want it," Severus corrected so the child could understand.

"But Hawwy did say dat. Hawwy want da gween bed," he stated proudly as he wiggled in the man's arms so the man could put him down.

"Very well then Harry," Albus said as he held in a chuckle as Severus rolled his eyes, knowing that the point didn't get across to the child. But hey it was only the first day.

"Who picks next?" Severus asked as he set Harry on the green bed, nodding absently as the little boy asked if this was really all his.

"I want bwue," Draco told him softly before he looked to Neville worriedly. He wasn't sure if his friend wanted that color, and he didn't want to be selfish. His mummy said that nobody liked someone who didn't share and he didn't want to be that kind of person.

Neville grinned at Draco before he shook his head. "That's okay, I wanted the red ones. I'm gonna be a Gwyffindor like my daddy," he told him proudly.

"Good," Draco said as they too were set down and went to explore their part of the room.

Severus watched as Albus took out the unshrunk trunks and set them down at the foot of each bed before unshrinking them. He knew the boys might want something out of them, so he wouldn't begrudged him that. Severus turned his eyes to Harry watching as the little boy was still looking in awe. Their wardrobe had one robe in it for each of them, curtsey of Draco, and a couple of outfits.

He knew in a few days they would have to go to the store, it wasn't optional. The wall paper in their room was decorated in childish print of the sky and due to magical properties it currently resembled the time of day it was. He figured this would work in his favor as the children would be able to know when it was time for bed, with his help of course. The far section of his room, housed a few of Draco's toys, and toys the house elves found in the attic.

It would due for now, but each child would be getting their own things, he would make sure of it. He was distracted by a squeal coming from Draco as he had (with help from Albus) had opened his school trunk and had come out with a prize. It turned out to be the stuffed dragon that he had given him, when he had been four. Severus was shocked as he had no idea that Draco had brought the toy to school or even if he still had it.

"Dago," was the childish giggle that accompanied that, and Severus made his way to his godson with a smile.

"You still have that dragon; didn't your daddy buy you a new one?" Severus asked him curiously.

"He's at home but I like yours betters, ‘cause he's special," Draco informed him as he cuddled his dragon to his chest.

Albus's eyes immediately flicked to Neville, but the child only had a blank expression on his face that had the man frowning. He almost didn't want to look, but he turned to check on Harry to see the green eyed child putting on a brave face. Severus was right; Harry's face showed his every expression, which meant that they could still reach him at this age. Because he knew in school his face wasn't this open. He sighed not wanting to draw the attention away from Draco and Severus but feeling bad for the reactions of the other too.

"It's so good that you have a stuffed dragon Draco, that means that tomorrow you can help me and your godfather pick out two stuffed toys for both Neville and Harry. They don't have one," Albus told him, taking note of the way Severus's head snapped up; dark eyes searching out the other two boys.

"Gweat, I know just what Harry and Nebille will want," Draco told the man seriously.

Severus turned from each boy, his feet automatically going in the direction of Harry, only for him to freeze as he watched the blue eyes of Neville narrow.  He didn't want to choose, but Harry clearly needed the most assurance on this part. No matter, he would just have to work with it.

"Mr. Longbottom to me," Severus told him firmly, knowing that the child was conditioned to obey. He hated using that tone, but the child didn't need to hide his every emotion, it was unnatural and he didn't like it. He watched the child drag his feet, but the boy did come. Severus took a seat on Harry's bed and picked up both boys and set them in his lap.

"It's okay sir, I understand. I'm not your godson, so it's fine that I haff nothing," Neville told him quietly, even as his body language contradicted himself.

"That has nothing to do with anything," Severus admonished him quietly, not surprised that Harry didn't speak up. The child had been conditioned to stay silent and hidden.

"No diswespect sir, but it has everyfing to do with everyfing," Neville told him seriously,

"What kind of stuffed animals would you both like? The only reason you do not have one now was because I did not know Draco had his still. I would have bought both of you something at the same time," Severus asked them instead; when he realized he would not be getting through to the child. He had no desire to get angry, nor get the child angry. They would probably end up frightening Harry to death.

Hawwy poked his head up at Severus, looking in disbelief. "You get Hawwy somefing?"

"Yes, I will buy Harry and Neville both a stuffy," he promised.

Neville also gave him a skeptical look. "If this is true, then I would like a stuffed toad," he said boldly, wondering if this was going to come true or not.

"Okay and what kind of stuffed animal would you like Harry?" Severus asked him patiently.

"Hawwy don't know yet," Harry replied sadly.

"That's okay, you can pick it out when we go to the store," he said sincerely.

"Pwomise?" Harry asked pleadingly.

"I promise," Severus told him firmly. He glanced over at Albus, knowing this was one promise, he would definitely be keeping. He walked around the room, telling them about the books that they could read and continuing to promise clothes and toys to Harry and Neville and to Draco.

Harry knew that the Professor was going to keep his word, because he promised however he wanted something to hug now! He sighed as he turned back to look at Draco's stuffed dragon, suddenly hating the other boy for it. He didn't understand the emotion, only that he had felt it numerous times at the Durselys. He may not have known what it was, but the adults surely did; that was jealously.

As it was Albus happened to glance back at the green eyed child and sighed, turning his attention to Severus. "You might have to transfigure something, or we're going to have to deal with a little green eyed monster," he told the other man quietly.

"Who Harry?" Severus asked in a skeptical tone, but once he caught wind of the child he frowned. "He won't be a little monster, it's just going to cement the fact that he's second best," he said tightly already pulling out his wand.

"What do you mean?" Albus asked trying to see what the other man obviously saw.

"He had to deal with his cousin always getting toys and clothes and he didn't. It's not hard for him to assume that this will be any different. That's all he known, so you're transfiguration skills are better than mine. So if you can please spell a red stuffed snake that would be great," Severus said seriously as he pulled an empty vial out of his robe pocket and handing it to Albus.

"Of course Severus," Albus said with a frown as he understood just what the man had meant after the explanation. It still tore at his heart understandably. He transfigured the vial into a stuffed red snake, his eyes twinkling at the specific choice. He made sure that the spell would last until tomorrow before grabbing another empty vial and transfiguring this one into a stuffed toad.

"Mr. Longbottom, Harry; would you both come over here please," Severus called.

Neville grabbed Harry's hand before they slowly made their way to the men. He could see Draco looking over curiously so he knew at least that his friend had no idea what was going on as well.

"Until tomorrow these are your stuffys. Just until we can buy you forever ones," Severus told them as he handed each child their specific animal.

Harry stared at the toy before back at the dark man. "Dis Hawwys'?"

"Yes this is yours," Severus told him quietly.

"Fank you sir," Neville piped in quietly before turning to whisper in his friend's ear.

"Hawwy say fank you too," Hawwy said with a bright smile.

"You're both very welcome," Albus replied kindly in return giving Severus a concerned look.

Severus didn't meet the man's eye, needing to process this; he was definitely going to get rid of the third person. It was cute at first but now after knowing what the boy had been through it was heartbreaking to hear.He wasn't sure how much time they spent in the boy's room, only that one child was starting to get restless in his arms.  He had dealt with his godson who was still happily jabbering to Albus on the one on one attention to know what this was and he gestured to the other man to get his attention.

"What is it Severus?" Albus asked curiously as he made his way over to the man.

"I need to show the boys the rest of the manor," Severus told him. "Like the backyard, and my room and what will be their playroom," he informed him.

"Sounds good Severus," Albus replied as he followed the man out of the room so they could finish the boy's house tour.

The End.
End Notes:
What did you think? No flames
Chapter 5 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
This is late, because I couldn't focus on this chapter and I'm trying to have a minumum of 5000 words each chapter..but I failed here but the last chapter more then enough makes up for it.

The rest of the tour took a bit of time, as Albus and Severus had their hands full of the three toddlers. Which meant; that their attention span was every which way but the way they needed it to be. Which was fine, as Severus figured if they could get all that energy out now he would be able to function later when it really matter. Especially as around 2pm Albus had informed them all, that he was needed back at the school. His excuse was to make sure that all his students had arrived at home and then to oversee the charging of the wards.

Severus could admit that when the man had told him that; that his heart stuttered for a moment as he was aware he would end up being alone with the boys. He knew they wouldn't suddenly turn into little monsters, but it was still a very frightening experience. What if he messed up regarding one of the children? He didn't know what to do, and not knowing tended to mean life or death in the life he led.

He knew he did need to calm down, but the only way that worked for him was to brew potions, but he couldn't do that now, or could he? He frowned as he thought that over, even as he unconsciously tried to hold the old man longer. He was sure he was being Slytherin in the way he was doing it but when he saw the old man give him a knowing look he knew he was caught out.

"Severus, it will be fine. I wouldn't leave you alone with them if I wasn't sure that I knew you could handle this," Albus reassured him.

"Albus you can't possibly know that, it's only the first day. Surely Minerva can oversee Hogwarts for a little bit," he said hating that his tone was starting to take on a slight pleading.

"No Severus, the first day or step is always the hardest. I will be back tomorrow so we can go and get Neville and Harry a stuffed toy. And probably some clothes for all of them, and toys," Albus told him with a smile as he set Draco down on his feet before he started walking back into the sitting room.

"Albus, you cannot do this," Severus told him, as he set Neville and Harry down and hurried after his mentor.

"It will work out in the end, and I'll see you tomorrow," he promised before he disappeared in the green flames leaving Severus staring at the empty fireplace.

Neville was standing in the doorway with the other two boys, who were looking at the back of the man with a wide eyed expression. The Longbottom heir knew was wrong with the man, but it didn't bother him per say. Then again, there were worse things in the world that did bother him. He turned towards Harry and Draco.

"P'fessor Snape is scawed of taking care of us," he told them softly.

"Nuh uh!" Draco said stubbornly. "My Uncle Sebbus isn't ‘fwaid of nuffin," he added as he nodded his head vigorously.

Neville gave his friend a look, before turning to Harry. "Do you know what I mean Harry?"

"Hawwy hide den?" Harry asked softly.

Neville shook his head before sighing. "No, he's not gonna hurt us. He's just afwaid to be alone wiff us," he said before shaking his head and turning back to the man in question. "P'fessor?"

Severus startled for a moment, before remembering that three boys were relying on him and he blanked his face before turning around to face them. "Mr. Longbottom?"

Neville frowned as he looked at the man, he had noticed something when talking with the Professor, but he knew now wasn't the time to bring It up no matter how he felt. "Do you want us to go pway in our room?"

Severus shook his head; the last thing he wanted was if Albus to ask the boys what they did yesterday after he left was for them to say that he had them play alone in their room while he went off somewhere. He ran his hand down his face before he blew out a breath. He needed to do some brewing for the hospital wing, as well as for his manor. With 3 toddler boys that just screamed that he needed to be on top with his healing potions. He had to be prepared for everything.

"No, I need to brew a potion so you all are coming with me. But under no circumstances are you boys to ever come down here when I'm not with you. The potion's lab is a very dangerous place for little boys," Severus warned them, looking each child in the eye as he said it.

He picked up Harry and then gestured for the other two children to follow him down to his potion's lab where he got them set up in a corner that was separated from his ingredients and cauldrons and workspace. He then set a large age line, that would prevent them from crossing over it, and after snapping his fingers for a house elf he had the little toys from upstairs scattered around for them to play with.

As an after thought he spelled an impervious charm over it so if a cauldron exploded or something no harm would come to the boys. Deeming it a success, he kissed the little dark head in his arms before setting him down.

"Play nicely, and if you need something I'm just there," he told them as he pointed to a workstation a few feet away.

Severus knew that he needed to figure out what the hell had gone wrong in the potion of Longbottom's however now was the not the time for it. He lifted his head up to check on them as he got his ingredients but once he started to work on the actual potions, he relied on his hearing to make sure they were okay. He didn't want to make a mistake, no matter how simple the potion was.

With Severus working on a potion, Draco turned to look at his friends. He didn't want to be in the potion's lab, he wanted to play. Why did his godfather need them here? The five year old frowned as he plopped his bum on the pillow turning to look at Harry who was chattering to the stuffed snake his Uncle Sebbus has given him. He wasn't jealous of the toy as he had his own stuffed dragon as well.

Draco giggled at the happy expression his friends had shown, feeling happy that the man had done it. He knew that their uncles had been very bad so they had to stay with him and his and he was okay with that. What he wasn't okay with was getting spelled to stay in a corner of the room.

He was used to being outside, or playing all over his manor. He hated being in one spot. He was just bored and getting annoyed at his uncle who didn't seem to be paying them any attention. Not that the other two minded but he did, he loved when the attention was on him. 

He frowned trying to figure out a way to get just that, and short of being mean he could not think of anything. He didn't want to be mean though, what would that help? But then again he could always say sorry later and he giggled again before looking to Harry again. He would be mean to Harry as Neville wouldn't take it but Harry was used to it so he wouldn't mind it.

That thought alone should have deterred him but he was a determined five year old boy with a plan. He waited until Harry moved to grab the blocks before making his move.

"Mine," he exclaimed out as he lunged for them and sweeping them away from the boy.

Harry was looking at him with a bewildered expression on his face his eyes flicking to Neville in confusion. The green eyed child shook his head before turning to grab the coloring book instead wondering what the heck had gotten into Draco.

"That's mine too!" Draco yelled as he snatched it from the boy's hands. He little Slytherin's eyes flicked into the direction of his godfather, wondering when the man would act.

"Dwaco shawe wiff Hawwy," he pleaded out as his eyes flicked hopefully to the dark man.

Harry knew the man was sitting at a table a few spaces away from them and couldn't be that blind to the scene taking place. It was chance that he noticed the man's eyes flicking their way but as he didn't seemed to be doing anything Harry just assumed the worst. The man wasn't going to help him because he was Draco's Uncle Sebbus and not him. This was just like the Durselys and he knew what that meant; Harry was nothing here.

"No and that's mine too!" Draco roared out after seeing nothing else that Harry seemed to have he reached over and grabbed the stuffed snake from his friend's hands. He felt terrible when he saw the expression on Harry's face and for a moment almost gave it back before he caught himself. He had made it this far, and he would stick to it. Why did Harry have to look so sad though?

"Dats mine!" Harry screamed out, surprising them all with the loudness of his voice, (including himself). He reached back and snatched up his beloved toy, giving a childish glare at the offending boy.

 "Harry," Severus drawled out a proud feeling blossoming in his chest that the child had finally stood up for something. He had been about to step in at the moment, wondering what the hell had gotten into his godson.

He would be having a talk with Draco about his personal behavior as he would not allow him to continue acting like the bully. He would lose both his friends that way, Severus knew. The man stopped his train of thought however as he watched Lily's child suddenly shove the snake back at Draco; it almost seemed like a throw as if he didn't want it.  He was confused for a moment and realized a second later that he wasn't the only one.

"Harry; what you doing? That's your snake," Neville said quietly as he looked between his two friends. He had been content to play quietly, until Draco started being mean to Harry, and you just didn't do that.

"Hawwy in twouble, Dwaco's uncle Sebbus gonna huwt Hawwy," he whispered out sadly.

"What? You didn't do anything, Draco did," Neville protested as he turned to frown at the blonde hair boy who he saw was turning a horrified look at the dark man in question.

"Uncle Sebbus, Harry didn't do nuffin'," Draco told him with a slight frown as he gingerly handed the snake back to the raven haired boy. He didn't want his friend to get in trouble that wasn't part of the plan!

"I know he didn't Draco, you did," Severus said with a frown. "Why are you being mean to Harry? What did he do to you?" He asked quietly having to refrain from speaking so harshly as to not spook the other two children.

"He didn't do nuffin', I was just so bored Uncle Sebbus. I don't wanna just sit here," Draco whined out to the man.

Severus quirked an eyebrow, very much aware the children had been sitting there quietly for the past two hours. It was just he got a bit of a fearful feeling when they weren't in his direct sight.  And though he had his house elves child proof his house, he was still worried; after all those three boys were wizards. Still he and they could use a little bit of a break anyway and he sighed at the thought of knowing what he would do. He canceled the age line before nodding to the children.

"We're going outside," he told them to the delight of Draco who started jumping up and down eagerly. "Harry and Neville will go and play, but you and I are going to have a talk," he informed them as he fixed his godson with a stern look.

"Why can't I play Uncle Sebbus?" Draco whined out with a huff.

"Because we need to talk about you bullying Harry," he told him pointedly.

"Oh," Draco said with a wince as he gave his Uncle a grimace. "I did that on purpose cause I was bored," he said weakly trying to defend himself.

"That doesn't make it right and you and I both know that," Severus told him he would not be swayed and Draco wouldn't be getting away with this. "If you're lucky Harry might still want to be your friend," he added with a frown.

Draco gasped. "Harry won't wanna be my fwiend anymore?" He asked out horrified at the prospect.

"Of course not, why would he be? You bullied him, just like his cousin used to do dragon. Do you want to keep your friends? Do not act like that, Harry didn't deserve that and you will be apologizing to him as soon as possible," Severus told him sternly.

"I sorry Uncle Sebbus," Draco said with a soft nod of his head. He hadn't meant to make Harry feel like he was back in his horrible home! What had he done? He hung his head sadly trailing after his Uncle as he led them out the lab.

"Come on up here Draco, chin up," Severus told him quietly. At least at this age the child felt remorse, he could work with this. Though Severus realized that the root of the problem wasn't the lack of time it was attention. Maybe he could fix that, perhaps once Albus was finished with the school he would be willing to help out here. Draco could use the one on one time while he tried to get closer to the Gryffindors.

"Why I don't gots any fwiends anymore," he said pitifully.

"Yes you do, once you apologize it'll be fine," he promised him knowing that Harry had a kind heart.

"How do you know?" he asked sadly.


"Because Harry is a sweet boy," he promised him.


Severus sighed, leading the children outside and to his backyard. A part of the yard was sectioned off for his garden both muggle and magical but the rest of it was free. It was quite a bit of space and he noted once they got out there it was empty. He hoped the children would be able to entertain themselves. He would be out here but he wasn't going to be running around with them. He levitated the chair from the deck before setting it down and taking a seat in it, pulling Draco to him.

 

"Harry you and Mr. Longbottom can go and play while I speak with Draco," Sever us told the two quiet children.

Neville swallowed thickly his eyes angry as he stared hard at the other man. He didn't understand this and he knew it wasn't fair. He couldn't say anything of course, as to provoke the ire of this dangerous man was a stupid plan in itself. He shook his head before he turned towards Harry who was still hugging onto his snake.

"You wanna put our stuffies down so we can run around and pway?" Neville asked him quietly.

Harry gave the other boy a scandalous look. Neville wanted him to part with his new beloved toy and play? While he wanted to play he didn't want to put it down. What if he came back to get it and Draco had snatched it up? He frowned as he turned to look over at the blonde hair boy, he still didn't understand just why Draco had tried to take his things. Harry hadn't done anything to him! He swallowed sadly, realizing that because he had refused to give Draco his toy that the other boy might not want to be his friend any longer.

"It'll be safe here Harry, I pwomise," Neville told him kindly.

"How do you know? Dwaco twied to take him fwom Hawwy," Harry reminded him softly.

"Yes and now P'fessor Snape is telling him that he was bad for twying to do that," Neville patiently explained to him.

Harry sighed before he reluctantly placed the toy down next to stuffed toad on the grass before he stretched out his hand for the other boy to clasp. He didn't care what they played because he would now have someone to play with him. He giggled before he ran off with his friend to play.

Severus allowed Draco to join the other two about ten minutes later, feeling relieved and more relaxed then he had felt hours ago. He couldn't believe the nerve of his cheeky godson, but thankfully at five Draco was a caring child and he didn't honestly mean to hurt Harry. He could see the boys talking and as there were no loud voices he knew it was going well. The last thing he needed was his charges to fight.

 He summoned a book from his study to read. He had a lot of things he still needed to get done, but they would have to wait until the children went to bed. After spelling a tempus charm, he was oddly excited to see that it was after 4:00pm and he knew that it would be best to start getting dinner ready. He wanted to keep them on some type of routine so they wouldn't melt down.

He knew he had dodged a bullet so to speak as he realized they slept late so they didn't need a nap today. Tomorrow he would have to remember he didn't want to bring on cranky boys. He turned the page of his book, mentally cautioning himself not to get into it. He needed to keep alert as with the boys anything could happen. This was good, as he could hear their voices starting to rise and he sighed, hoping he didn't have to step in.

"Be careful Dwaco, the P'fessor has poison ivy in his gawden," Neville was warning him, as he had already told Harry not to touch it.

"What's that?" Draco asked in confusion.

"It's pwant that makes your skin red and itchy," Neville told him with a grimace. "It's not fun, and it huwts,"

Draco swallowed thickly as he made a wide berth from the garden. He had thought the items in the man's garden would be cool to look at but he didn't want that to happen to him. He wasn't that curious, he turned back to Harry before gently touching him. "Wanna pway tag?"

"Hawwy it?" Harry asked with dread in his tone.

"Nope, I'm it," Neville piped in as he glanced between them. He was sure that Harry was always forced to be it and he wanted him a chance to run and play.

"Otay! Let's go Harry," Draco said grabbing his friend's hand and running away from Neville.

Severus nodded as he pulled out his wand, sighing in relief at the knowledge of the plant life of the child. He spelled the area, not wanting any of the boys to stumble onto his gardens for his sake and for most importantly theirs. He snapped his fingers as he informed his house elf to get started on dinner. He was content to stay in his chair, but he found himself suddenly being tugged up by 2 little arms and 3 pairs of pleading eyes.

"Come pway wiff us Uncle Sebbus," Draco pleaded with the man, knowing they would have more fun if the man joined them. The backyard was bare and he knew his godfather had entertained him in the past.

Severus huffed but he wasn't mad, and he toned it down not wanting to frighten his charges as he got out of the chair. He glanced around; thanking Merlin he was alone here as he allowed the boys to lead into the middle of the yard and started to play with them. He knew he was acting silly, but they liked it so that's all that mattered. He found himself surprised to find that the time flew by fairly quickly and in no time at all was being informed by Missy that dinner was ready. He found himself grinning as he lifted Harry up in his arms, only to immediately turn to Draco. He knew how possessive his godson was and he was trying to remember that each child needed the same thing. But clearly there wasn't anything to worry about.

"Harry needs mowe of Uncle Sebbus's love then I do," Draco told him cheerfully as he skipped into the manor with Neville.

Severus could only stare for a moment before he hurried in after them.  "Wash your hands first," he instructed them as they all trekked into the lavatory.

It was an experience he decided as he tried to make sure each child was squeaky clean. And it was slightly harder than it should have been because two of them absolutely refused his help. He could only grin at the irony that Harry was the most compliant of course. Later then he wanted they all made their way into the kitchen and he sat each child in their modified version of the chair.

 He was happy to note that Missy had served each of the children dinner portions, cut up for them with their toddler fork on the side. He didn't know what he would do without her. He frowned and mentally cringed as he realized that their hands weren't strong enough to grasp at their glasses. He would need to add that to list. He nodded to himself once more before he focused on his Shepherd's pie. He made sure that each boy was eating, not noticing how Harry waited until they all had taken a bite of food before he did the same thing.

Dinner passed by quickly enough and Severus soon found that bath time was a definite necessity. He knew cleaning charms unfortunately only did so much but after their dinner he wasn't sure if they had actually gotten any inside their mouth. But each of his charges were garbling happily with one another that he let it go. Because complaining about it would only make the boys cry and then where would that leave him?

"Who's ready to get their bath?" He asked, trying to enforce the cheerfulness that he remembered Narcissa had often used.

"I am!" Neville chirped out happily, that was his favorite part of his day.

"Don't fowget me, Uncle Sebbus. I want a baff wiff bubbles," Draco informed him happily.

Severus turned expectantly to Harry, sure that the child would be excited as well only to find the child in question had taken on a horrified look. Before he could even ask what was wrong the little boy turned and ran out the room.

"Harry wait!" Neville called out worriedly.

Severus sighed snapping his fingers for Missy. "Please watch the boys while I attend to Harry," he told her before he ran after the child.

Severus didn't have to go very far, as the child's legs weren't very fast given his age and he easily caught up to him. He had just appeared into the doorway of the boy's room when he saw Harry disappeared somewhere by his bed. He swallowed thickly before he quietly made his way to the boy.

"Harry?" He called softly a feeling of dread appearing in the pit of his stomach as he started to have a hunch just where Harry might be.

Harry was in the cupboard, true to his word. He had had thought that this new place would be different. He got to eat the same food as both Draco and Neville and he got toys and clothes! Why did he get caught up in all that? The little boy shuddered finding it hard to believe that baths could be anything but fearful.

He didn't understand just why Draco and Neville looked forward to it, he sure as heck didn't. He held his breath almost unconsciously as he heard Draco's godfather's voice come closer. He knew he was going to get caught, he just hoped that this wouldn't be anything like the Durselys. He couldn't stop his fear, which is why he remained seated in the cupboard. He gave a quiet gasp when he saw the door to the cupboard opening, and he closed his eyes tightly. He didn't know what to expect so he didn't want to see anything.

Severus gazed into the cupboard, to find Harry curled up, which his knees pressed against his chest. He honestly didn't know why the child had run in the first place. He didn't remember mentioning anything that had to do with the Durselys. So what in the blazing hells had set the boy off? The child in question wasn't crying so he was only slightly grateful for that. What creeped him out was that Harry was being eerily silent. He took a seat on the floor, wanting to be at he child's level before he spoke.

"Harry? Won't you look at me? I'm sorry if I scared you, that wasn't my intention to do so," Severus told him making sure to keep his voice light and calm.

He was rewarded for his actions when the raven haired child peeked up at him. "Hawwy scawed," he whispered out.

"What are you scared of?" He asked, deeming this success that the child was at least talking to him. He just needed to keep his calm and hopefully take away that fear.

Harry shook in his fear, wanting to ask his question but afraid that the man wouldn't take it the right way. But he remembered the way the man had held him, and kissed his head and he would be brave. He needed to know! "Hawwy don't wike baffs," he breathed out softly.

"Why not?" Severus asked quietly.

"Baffs huwt Hawwy, dey buwn," Harry replied a bit quicker this time feeling encouraged that Severus seemed to really want to know.

"Oh, I can promise you Harry that the baths you take here will not burn," Severus said firmly.

"Will dey be too cowd den?" He asked feeling brave.

"No, they'll be the perfect temperature," he told him easily. "And you'll all be taking a bath together too," he added. He knew the boys might protest this when they get older and remember this but he wasn't about to give each boy a separate bath. Besides he could clearly see that Harry would benefit from it.

"Okay," Harry said softly, knowing that it would be okay. After all Draco wouldn't get burned he was sure of it.

"With that being said, can you come out the cupboard?" Severus asked, as he awkwardly held his hands open. This was still a new experience for him and he still wasn't comfortable offering comfort.

Harry nodded, taking a moment to uncurl himself before he crawled out of his safety haven and into the man's arms. He pressed his face into the man's chest, smelling once more strange smells but being comforted by it. This he could probably get used too.

"Good boy," Severus breathed out as he carefully stood up and carried the child out of the room. He breathed a sigh of relief, feeling like he passed some sort of test. He wasn't sure how he would have reacted if Harry had told him no. What if he hadn't been able to get the child out of the cupboard? And furthermore, he would be visiting those damn relatives as soon as he got a chance. How dare they? He frowned for a moment before his face was cleared as he watched Missy guide both Draco and Neville up the stairs. Once they had cleared the steps he spelled the top of it, not wanting an accident to occur if he wasn't there before he went into their lavatory and turned on the water. Ushering the two boys inside he set Harry on his feet, watching in fond amusement as Neville and Draco babbled nonsense to the quiet child.

He would definitely need to remember to grab a camera, if nothing else he wouldn't forget this moment.  Once the water had filled the tub he had gotten all three of the boys undressed and into the bathtub, and watched in amusement how they all relaxed in the water. He preened inwardly, knowing that the rest of night was probably going to go smoother. He couldn't stop the thought on how much he wished this was permanent. He sighed; he would think more on that thought later. Severus took a breath before he leaned back and took a breath as he watched his three boys play.

The End.
End Notes:
No Flames, review they mean alot!
Chapter 6 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I am so sorry, the shopping didn't make its way into this chapter, too much came up.I feel like there is too much dialogue..idk. But guess what? Someone has made their appearance! And I'm so excited!

The next morning the occupants of the Manor woke up at different times, mostly due to how restful sleep they had gotten in terms of the boys, It was with this that Harry popped his head up from his little bed before he padded his way into the ensuite lavatory to use it. He was feeling so very good; he had never woken up by himself before. He had always been yelled and pulled at and he liked this change very much.

He giggled to himself as he finished and headed out of the room and carefully downstairs. He could feel the stillness of the house, but it didn't bother him. He liked the quiet and it was with that thought that the little boy made his way into the kitchen. He was surprised to find that the Professor wasn't already up, not realizing that taking care of 3 impressionable toddlers that he had been exhausted without even being aware of it.

He smiled happily to himself wanting to do something for the man that had decided to take him in. He could have left him with his relatives and Harry was just glad that he hadn't. He wanted to show him how much he appreciated that he kept him here with Draco and Neville. Clapping happily to himself he started poking into the cupboards and drawers trying to find everything so he could make breakfast.

In-between finding a cooling cabinet, he heard a small pop and he turned around with a gasp. He saw the house elf Missy staring at him with wide eyes and he remembered from Neville and Draco that she was nice. And he also knew that it wasn't nice to be scared of someone who hadn't done anything to him. Not to mention he knew what it was like for someone not to like you because of how you looked. He gave her a small smile wondering just what she wanted.

"Young Master, what are you doing? Was young master Harry hungry?" Missy asked him in confusion. She could see no other reason to why he was looking through the cupboards.

"Yes Missy. Hawwy wanted to make bweakfast for Dwaco and Nebille and the P'fessor," Harry told her shyly.

"Young master Harry, that's my job to provide for you," Missy told him her ears drooping as she was unsure how he may take that.

"But...but Hawwy wanna show da P'fessor dat he can cook and stuff. Hawwy want him to know dat he can keep him awound," Harry said with a frown.

Missy was naturally concerned at that, but she had been warned from her master that two of his charges had been hurt at their former home. She gave a soft nod, not up to refusing him at this moment. "You can help Missy then," she said quietly.

"Fanks Missy, Hawwy won't wet you down," Harry promised her seriously. Harry bounced around the kitchen happily as he got to work doing what the house elf had told him to do. He was over the moon at being able to help.

Back upstairs Neville was in the process of getting dressed, his mind on autopilot at this point. He wanted to sleep in a bit more but he still didn't know the rules for this house. And he knew deep down that the Professor was a stickler for rules. He also knew that something about the man was off. He knew the Professor was nice and safe sometimes, but he got this strange feeling when he was around him and he didn't like it.

He guessed that added to the fact when the man wouldn't even address him right. He shook the thought away, as his eyes glanced over to find Harry's bed curtains open, his bed empty. He frowned wondering where the small boy was. He wasn't worried per say but he didn't want him hurt. Leaving Draco sleeping he trotted out the room glancing down the hallways for a moment wondering just where on earth the raven haired child was.

As he moved to turn to the left the door a few spaces down from him opened and out walked the Professor. Neville stayed quiet, not wanting to draw attention to himself which seemed to be working as the man in question simply walked passed him. He gave a quiet sigh of relief, only to freeze when the man turned his head sharply in his direction.

"Good morning Mr. Longbottom, what are you doing standing in the hallway?" Severus asked him, thoroughly confused at the child's behavior. Not to mention he hadn't even noticed him until he heard him sigh in relief. Furthermore was the child yet again afraid of him? Hadn't they fixed all of that yesterday?

"I was just heading downstairs sir," he told him quietly. "And good morning to you too,"

"Are the other two boys up?" Severus asked him curiously.

"Yes sir, Harry is up but Dwaco is still sweeping," Neville told him softly.

"Alright, I will see to Draco, and meet you both downstairs," Severus told him before he disappeared into the lavatory in the hall.

Neville shook his head before he ran down the steps, not wanting to run into the man yet again. He made his way into the kitchen only to freeze in surprise as he saw Harry helping Missy put things on the table. He said nothing, only shaking his head as he went to take a seat.

"Good morning Missy, and Harry," Neville chirped.

"Hiya Neville, Hawwy hewped make bweakfast," Harry told him proudly.

"Good job Harry," Neville said before he smiled. "Hey Harry can you twy somefing for me?"

"Twy what?" Harry asked curiously.

"Say everyfing I say. I hewped make bweakfast," Neville said slowly.

Harry stared at him in confusion as he knew for a fact that Neville hadn't helped make breakfast he did. He didn't know what the other boy was doing but Neville hadn't steered him wrong yet so he gave a firm nod.

"I hewped make bweakfast," Harry repeated slowly.

"Good job Harry, you sure did," Neville said brightly.

"Why you make Hawwy say dat?" Harry asked curiously.

"Because you're not ‘posed to say Harry when you talk about yoursewf, you ‘posed to say I," Neville said happily.

"Oh," Harry said as he thought about that, and he would need to think more on it later. He was pulled from his musings as Missy quickly ushered him into his chair and he gave a bright grin as the elf in question set a plate of cut up fruit and pancakes in front of him. He was so happy he gave a quiet squeal before he started to eat his food.

Neville figured he should wake for the Professor but the man wasn't here, and when he did get here he didn't want to be watched like he had at dinner last night. He had felt the dark man's gaze on him and he hadn't liked it. If he was being honest with himself, the man was starting o creep him out. Every time he got close to him, he felt uncomfortable, and he didn't know why.

 It had been a while since he had this feeling, but once he started actively thinking on it, he remembered from his dreams that something bad had happened to him. He knew his parents were in the hospital and he knew that he was the reason for them being there. He shook the thoughts away, before he turned back to his breakfast. Now was not the time to think about that, now was the time to eat. As he took his fork to his breakfast he could hear Draco's voice coming down the steps and he quickly turned his face into the plate not wanting to make eye contact.

Severus walked into the kitchen with Draco in tow, smiling softly at the green eyed child who had lifted his head up to smile at him. He was very happy that Harry was eating, and that he didn't need to press him to eat like Poppy had made him earlier in the week. He would have given a nod to Longbottom but the boy had his face so close to the plate he had no way of even catching his eye. He shook his head and took a seat, grabbing the Daily Prophet to read while he drank his coffee.

"Dey move!" Harry squealed once Severus had lifted up the paper.

"Yup, it's very cool," Draco replied happily before he turned to eat.

Severus listened to the child's happy chatter, content at the moment as he read his paper. It was interesting before he would have loved the silence but he found the child's happy garbling not at all annoying. He nodded to himself, as he turned back to his reading.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~'

Back at the castle Remus hurried towards the Headmaster's office, the Marauders' map clutched in his hands. He had meant to take care of this earlier, but then he had been sidetracked by the holiday break and then Harry getting hurt in the potions. Now he had no excuse and though all the students were gone he needed to discuss something with Albus immediately.

He didn't notice in his frazzled state that the gargoyle guarding the man's office leapt away when it saw him. Remus wasn't thinking of anything as he rushed up the steps and busted into the man's office. His face flushed a moment later and he gave him a sheepish look as he realized how rude this just might have been.

"Remus? Is there something wrong?" Albus asked frown marring his old face. He had been getting ready to head over to Severus's Manor so he could go with the man to take the boys shopping for necessities; and he was more than looking forward to this trip.

"I'm not sure, but there might be," Remus stated quietly.

"How so?" Albus asked with a sigh, as he realized this might be something important if the man in front of him was looking more than a little frazzled.

"A few days ago, Harry approached me with this particular map in my hand. Apparently a rather peculiar name has been on the map, and he's only just noticed it. But before we could even think to bring this to you, Harry had an accident in potions. And I think it might all be related," Remus told him and by the end he himself was frowning.

"What name might that be?" Albus asked softly, his body unconsciously tensing. Had someone got into the castle without him being unawares yet again?

"Peter Pettigrew," Remus stated bitterly.

"But Peter died 13 years ago Remus, you know that," Albus said as he gave the man a weird look. Was Remus feeling well? Maybe the stress of Sirius trying to get into the castle and to Harry was too much for him. He honestly hoped not, Remus had already had dealt so much in his young life.

"I know that but maybe we were wrong. The map clearly shows his name and there's no way it malfunctioned," he said quickly. He had had remembering charming it when he had been in school, so it could not show a lie. Even if someone used Polyjuice the map would know, he had made sure of it.

"Maybe the map lied?" Albus questioned delicately.

"The map never lies!" Remus hissed out before he straightened up. "I'm sorry Headmaster, but trust me when I said that this particular piece of parchment is telling the truth," he stated quietly, slightly ashamed at his outburst but not willing to let this go.

"Alright then; is his name still coming up now?" Albus asked him, as he stroked his beard thoughtfully.

"Not at the moment.  But if I'm not mistaken Harry told me earlier this year that his friend Ronald has a small rodent as his pet. And if my guess is correct which I'm starting to think it is, then we maybe have all been fooled these past 13 years," Remus said before he fell into the chair as his own words repeated themselves in his head.

"What does Scabbers have to do with anything?" Albus asked with a confused look. This was all starting to get more and more confused.

"Peter was a rat Animagus," Remus said with a grim smile. "Harry informed me that Ronald's rat is missing a paw," He added.

"And all they could find of Peter was a finger," Albus finished before he gasped. "Dear Merlin!"

"Do you believe me Headmaster?" Remus asked quietly almost afraid to hope at this point.

"Hard not to; especially when the evidence has been in my face for quite some time now," the old man said with a shake of his head.  

"What do you mean Headmaster? You've only seen the rat for 3 years, and you haven't known what to look for," Remus pointed out, just in case the man tried to take the blame for this.

"Not necessarily, I've seen Scabbers or rather Peter for the last 5 years before that. He belonged to Percival first," Albus told him softly.

Remus gasped unable to speak for a moment, and only to give a weak nod. He didn't know what to think if he was being honest. What the hell had Peter been thinking? Not to mention, a grown man living with children, boys even he was very worried and he knew when this got out, everyone else would be too.

Albus sighed before he turned to the man before he stood up. He needed to get to the bottom of this, and he didn't want Peter to get wind of this. It would be nice if he had been privy to this information sooner but the Marauders unfortunately didn't use that common sense. If this story which he had a feeling was true, he could wager a guess that it was Peter that Sirius was truly after and not Harry.

"You're too involved, I will floo Alaster and Kingsely and Amelia and we will go and retrieve Peter and question him. You cannot come with us, your emotions will cloud your judgment and if this turns out to be truth, we don't want Sirius to suffer any longer from our carelessness," Albus told him firmly.

"Yes sir," Remus said tightly knowing the man was correct before he sighed. He didn't want to just sit around while Albus took care of it, he should have known Sirius would never betray them. He almost didn't want to hope, because he knew everything good in his life had a way of disappearing or dying. He shook that thought away, they were going to get him he was sure of it.

"What do I do then?" Remus asked quietly, not looking forward to going back to sitting in his quarters alone. He shouldn't be alone, not in this moment.

"I need you to go to Snape Manor and tell Severus something has come up. And that I will be joining you all for lunch," Albus replied firmly, always one to see what they didn't want him too. He too believed that Remus didn't need to be alone at this moment.

Remus's frown deepened then. "Headmaster, that's not possible. Severus would never allow that," he said quietly.

"I need you to go there and tell him what is going on. Let him know the basics of it and that I will explain when I come back," he said before he reached into his desk and grabbed a piece of paper before handing it to Remus.

"Sir?" he asked in confusion as he looked at the offered slip of paper.

"Read that, his Manor is under the Fidelius," Albus explained quickly.

"Alright," he said as he read the paper, never one to truly doubt the Headmaster, especially after all the man had done for him.

"Remus it will work out in the end, Amelia and I will make sure of it," Albus stated kindly.

"Of course Headmaster, after this is all said and I done I want to talk to you about Harry. Poppy isn't being very forthcoming but I know for a fact that my cub not to mention the other two boys are not in the infirmary," Remus said calmly, looking directly at those blue eyes. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he had a bad feeling about this.

"What makes you say that?" Albus asked his eyebrows furrowed together. He had double checked to make sure that Poppy's transfiguration would hold.

"I'm assuming the things lying on the beds are golems. They look fine but they have no scent," he said frowning. It had been a horrifying experience until he had figured it out himself.

"Go to the Manor, I promise everything will be explained soon," Albus said lightly, he should have remembered about Remus's nose. No matter this would work, he knew that Harry could use more positive attention. Not to mention give Severus a break every now and again.

Remus sighed; aware he would get no answers now. He only hoped Severus wouldn't curse him. He shook his head as he wiped the map before folding it up and putting it in his cloak, and making his way to the fireplace. "Snape Manor!" He stated clearly before he disappeared into the green flames.

Severus heard the floo from where they had been sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast.  He moved his paper to smile at the boys. "Grandpa Albus is here," he informed them, watching in amusement as Draco jumped off the chair to run into the floo room. Severus followed at a quick pace as Neville and Harry had surprisingly ran behind Draco.

"Albus we were wondering why you took...," Severus trailed off as his lips turned down into a sneer as he found his guest wasn't the old man as he hoped.

"Severus, I'm sorry for coming unannounced the headmaster made me," Remus said apologetically, his eyes never leaving the small dark hair child who was staring at him quietly.

"Why would he do that?" Severus hissed out, that just didn't make sense. He knew in that moment that something had clearly happened, why else would Albus send Lupin here?

"It's not for young ears," he said quickly before his eyes narrowed. "What in Merlin happened here?" He asked in bewilderment as he realized just what the hell he was seeing.

"You are not blind Lupin and I will not be discussing anything with you," Severus said with a frown.

"Who you?" Draco chirped in, ever the curious one. His question, broke the slight tension that had appeared when Remus had flooed over.

"I'm Professor Lupin, I work at Hogwarts with Severus," Remus stated kindly as he looked at the small blonde boy in wonder. He knew this was Draco Malfoy, he just didn't know how or more importantly why.

"Oh," Draco said before he lost interest and glanced at the fireplace, and didn't see the person he had been expecting. "Wan' Gran'pa Albus," he whined out.

"Draco, do not whine, he will come," Severus said with a sigh as he continued to glare at the man. He wanted him gone from his own, but he wasn't sure how to do that. Especially since Albus had personally sent him here, he knew something had come up. Problem was he didn't know what so he was technically in the dark and he didn't like it. Severus took a seat, as the boys lost interest, watching as Neville took a seat next to him, while Harry surprisingly stayed where he was.

Harry was looking at the new comer in awe. He knew he should be wary of the man but he didn't. He didn't know why but he felt safe in the man's presence, almost as if there was something very familiar about him. He didn't know what, but he recognized this man as family. "Hawwy know you?" he said with a frown as he couldn't remember.

Remus's eyes widened as he took a seat on the floor to look at the child.  "Yes, I was friends with your mummy and daddy," he told him softly.

"What you name?" Harry asked after a moment.

"I'm Remus, but you called me something else," Remus said sadly as he looked at the child in front of him. He wasn't blind he could clearly see the overly thin child in front of him, it couldn't be healthy. He also knew he wouldn't be getting any answers until Albus himself came.

Harry titled his little head for a moment as he stared at the man in confusion. "What I call you?" he asked when it became apparent he couldn't remember.

Remus swallowed thickly, knowing it wasn't the child's fault he couldn't remember and gave a small smile. "It doesn't matter Harry," he said quickly not wanting to bring up a name that would invoke memories that were already too close to the surface for his liking.

"Kay, I just call you Wemus den," he decided happily as he gave the man a wave.

"Good," Remus said softly, as he gave the boy a smile of his own.

"As touching as this all is, it still doesn't explain just what the bloody hell you are doing here," Severus hissed out angrily all of a sudden. Why had Harry had easily accepted the other man when he himself had to work for it? Was this jealously he was feeling? He didn't care for the emotion and he knew without a doubt that he didn't like it.

"P'fessor, you cursed," Neville told him quietly. "That's not very good," he added.

Severus turned his gaze to the child next to him before he blanked his face and gave the child a small nod. "So I did Mr. Longbottom," he conceded.

Neville narrowed his eyes at the man his little fist's curling up for a moment before he frowned and deflated. He didn't want to be angry; he didn't even want to talk about this now. He just, he didn't want to be somewhere the man obviously didn't want him to be. He swallowed thickly as he slid off the couch.

Severus gave the child a look of confusion. He had seen the anger but just as quickly it had gone and he didn't like it. And he wanted to know just why that all was. What was going on?

"I'm going upstairs, if you'll excuse me?" Neville said quietly already walking out the room.

"Mr. Longbottom, we have a guest," Severus replied casually, knowing that something was the matter, just not sure what it was. Hadn't he been fine just a moment ago? He also knew that the boy wouldn't leave if he knew he was being rude.

Neville froze, just as the Professor had thought, his face taking on a red tinge. He didn't want to stay in here; he knew the dark man probably knew that. Why was he making it difficult? He didn't understand him, and it was starting to make him uneasy. Why did he still call him Mr. Longbottom? The little boy couldn't explain it, but he felt an aura of darkness surrounding the man hence why he called him the dark man.

"That's alright Severus," Remus said easily as he gave the child a smile. "Hello Neville,"

Neville turned his eyes to the newcomer. "Hello P'fessor," he said politely.

"I knew your parents too," Remus said kindly trying to keep the child at ease.

"Really?" Neville asked before he could stop himself.

"I did, Frank and Alice were some dear friends of mine," he replied with a sad smile.

Neville's eyes lit up at that, when the new Professor had stated his parent's names! That meant he really did know them and wasn't just saying it. "Will you tell me ‘bout them sometime?" He asked hopefully.

"Of course, and that goes for you too Harry," Remus promised, his eyes turning to the emerald eyed child.

"Do you mind P'fessors if I go up to my room?" Neville asked softly.

"Don't you wish to stay down here? You know that your Grandpa Albus is coming," Severus told him quietly.

"Yes I know, and I'll be sure to come back down when he comes. I do not wish to be down here, when you yourself do not want me here," Neville stated bitterly, his tone going back to his overly formal tone.

"What you talking about Nebille? Uncle Sebbus does so want you here," Draco told stubbornly as he turned to give his friend a glare. How dare he say that about his godfather!  

"No he doesn't Dwaco, he's only pwetending to want me here," Neville told him quietly.

Severus took that moment to break into their conversation. "Where in the world did you get that impression from Mr. Longbottom?" He asked clearly confused at this point.

"That right there sir, you won't even call me by my name. It's Neville did you know?" Neville stated tightly before shaking his head angrily. "You call Dwaco and Harry by their names but not me. What did I do to you?" He bit out tearfully before he couldn't take it anymore. He sniffled before he turned away and ran up the steps.

Remus was left staring at Severus with a frown on his face. He hadn't been deaf, and he hadn't been her ethat long to notice. Though now that it was pointed out; it wasn't too difficult to understand just why the child had felt that way.  Judging by the way that the Slytherin was looking he could wager that he didn't know that as well.

"Severus would you like me to go speak with him?" Remus asked, unsure of just what to do in this situation.

"No, you can stay with Draco and Harry, I'm sure they would love to hear stories about your time at Hogwarts," Severus told him briskly. Inside his mind was reeling he had no idea the boy had felt that way, and furthermore he hadn't even fully been aware that he was doing that. He sighed before he made his way out the floo room and up the stairs.

He vaguely noted that with the way Harry and Neville ran to get away from things he would be getting quite a lot of exercise. He sighed before he headed into the boy's room, his eyes automatically zoning in on the child who for some reason was standing in the corner. Like Harry he was crying quietly, only he was happy to note the boy wasn't totally silent like he knew Harry had been.

He walked into the room a bit further, his eyes only on the child, which is why he noticed when the boy's shoulder's suddenly tensed. He knew then the boy knew that he was in the room with him.

"Neville, can you please make your way over to your bed please? We need to talk," Severus told him, deliberately using the child's first name now.

"No diswespect sir, but we do not," Neville replied quietly as he gave a soft sniffle, refusing to turn around. He didn't want to face the man; he didn't want the man to give him fake excuses.

"I beg to differ, and I'm not asking you to come here I am telling you. To me Mr. Longbottom," Severus said tightly, getting annoyed at being ignored. He often reverted back to their last names because that was how he had addressed them for the last 3 years. Unlike with Harry when he called him by his last name he knew who he was referring too.

On the other hand, he could see where the child was coming from, he had remembered feeling exactly like that in regards to Albus. The man had often called the Gryffindors by their first name, but the Slytherins, or especially him he was called by his last name. He shook the memory away as he turned to the child who had finally made his way over to him. He could see in the bright blue eyes, the tear tracks on his slightly plump face and he felt an emotion wash over him. Why was he feeling shame? It was an honest mistake; he hadn't even known he had done it.

"I want to ‘pologize sir, I shouldn't haff yelled or ran out the room," Neville said sadly.

"That's fine; I want you to know I wasn't aware that I wasn't calling you by your first name. You don't mean any less to me then Draco or Harry," he told him gently.

Neville gave a soft shrug, unsure how he felt about that apology. The man should have known, he was the grown up! He sniffled again, wanting to wipe his nose, but he had no such tissue and he knew wiping it on his arm was forbidden. "That's fine P'fessor,"

"It's not, but it will be," Severus promised him as he pulled out his handkerchief and helped the child blow his nose. "I will try to be better alright?"

"Okay," Neville said softly as he blew his nose.

Once his nose was clean, Neville very carefully leaned his head on the man's leg. He had never initiated comfort from this man before, and the man had never actually given it to him if he was being honest. There was a slight wrongness he was still feeling but if he ignored that, he could almost pretend that this man really did care for him, maybe even love him. It was rare for the little boy to pretend that he had loving parents knowing that reality would always come crashing in. But in this moment he felt right, and gave a quiet sigh.

Severus was sure that the moment the child had laid his head on his knee that something has changed. He rubbed the boy's back as he shook his head, knowing he had messed up again. But hopefully all of this would mean that little problem with Neville had been resolved. He just needed to remember to call him by his first name, a simple thing really.

Back downstairs Remus was currently in the process of playing the wizarding version of airplane with the two boys. When Severus had left the room, he had been at a loss at what to do and had panicked slightly. That was until Draco requested that he please fly them around. He had done it bemused at first but then he saw the appeal, and had loved it when Harry had given a loud laugh.

It went without speaking that Harry had dealt with something terrible. 5 year olds boys aren't very good at articulating something if they wish to do something else. So the only thing he got out of them was that Harry's Uncle had hurt him. Which was more than enough for his wolf to raise his shackles and he didn't like it. He glanced at his watch, surprised to find that a half hour had passed since he had gotten here. And it wasn't the first time that he wondered just how Albus was faring at the Ministry. He hadn't even gotten a Patronus. Maybe that saying was right, when it said no news is good news.

"Why don't we all take a break for a little bit?" Remus asked after he had levitated Draco once more.

"We can go pway outside if you wanna rest in here," Draco told him innocently.

"I do not think that is the best idea, your godfather won't like that. Especially since he didn't say you could do that," Remus said with a grin, seeing through that plan easily.

Draco huffed before he pouted. "Fine,"

"Hawwy wanna welax too," Harry chirped out as he looked at Draco before he closed his eyes tightly.

"Harry what are you doing?" Remus asked, getting the shock of his life when a red stuffed snake suddenly popped into existence and into the child's hand. He could only stare at the child as he hugged the stuffed creature tight. In all of this, he could hear some loud steps coming down the stairs and he quirked an eyebrow at Severus's loud entrance.

"Harry! You're snake just disappeared fwom your bed!" Neville told him worriedly. He and the Professor had been dare he say it cuddling when they turned to hear a small pop and Harry's stuffie was gone. Then the Professor picked him up and hurried down stairs to see where it went.

"No it's not, Hawwy is hugging it, ‘cause Hawwy love it so much," he said excitedly.

"Lupin, tell me you summoned the toy," Severus stated slowly as he came further into the room.

"I didn't do it Severus. Harry stood in the middle of the room, shut his eyes and the next thing I know the toy was there," Remus explained, still slightly flustered at what he had witnessed.

"Amazing," Severus said as he set Neville on the floor and made his way to Harry. "Very good job Harry," he praised him remembering what Albus had said.

"Fank you," Harry said shyly, still trying to get used to getting praised. He knew that unlike his relatives' house, doing magic was a good thing and it even made the man happy. And everyone knew that the Professor didn't usually smile and Harry liked it when he did.

"That was very impressive Harry," Remus added after  seeing what the man was doing.

Draco was nodding as well, though his eyes were once more looking forlorn at the fireplace. The old man was still not here and he didn't know why that was. He was trying really hard not to worry but he couldn't help it.

"Uncle Sebbus, where is gran'pa Albus? What if he's huwt?" Draco asked softly.

"Albus is fine Draco I can assure you," Severus said before he turned his eyes to Lupin.

"He really is fine Draco, he's just at the Ministry right now," Remus said with a sigh.

"Why is he dere?" Draco wanted to know.

"He's taking care of something that has to do with Hogwarts," Remus replied easily.

"Oh," Draco said easily believing that before he turned to his friends. "Wanna go pway?" He asked hopefully.

"Yeah, I wanna," Neville said as shyly gave the dark man a smile before he grabbed Harry and Draco's hand and pulled them out of the room, leaving the Professors alone.

Severus took that as the invitation it was and turned to face the man. "Just what is so important that Albus had to go to Ministry today of all days?"

"I'm not supposed to tell you," Remus said quietly as he shook his head.

"Would you like some tea Lupin?" Severus said cordially, changing the subject quickly.

"Only if it isn't spiked," Remus said dryly.

"Of course not, I know I'll have my answers as soon as Albus sees fit to arrive here," Severus said ever the Slytherin. He wanted to know now but he wasn't about to beg, that wasn't his nature, which is why he often wondered just why he followed after the Dark Lord. That was getting totally off topic and he shook the thought away turning back to the conversation and snapping his fingers for his house elf.

Remus carefully picked up his tea cup, and took a sip. He wasn't worried about the existent of potions as his sensitive nose picked up on nothing being amissed. He sighed, trying hard not to let his thoughts stray to where Albus had gone and what this might mean for Sirius. He turned to the man across from him, noting that his expression actually looked approachable for once. And he knew it all had to do with the children, they were all very sensitive to more things at this age then they had been before.

"How were you elected to take care of the children?" Remus asked quietly.

"I have the most protected Manor apparently. It wasn't much of a choice, but now that they're all here, I wouldn't change a thing," Severus said in a moment of truth.

"That's good," Remus said slightly surprised but nonetheless thrilled to hear it. "Earlier in this year something was brought to my attention about Harry. Am I to assume that you and Albus have figured it all out?" He asked speaking slightly in code as they had no charms up to prevent the boys from listening in.

"Indeed, his relatives are currently not being dealt with. But they are aware that we are aware of the situation and that puts them on edge. They will get what's coming to them, and no less. Especially what they did to Lily's child," Severus hissed out.

"I see," Remus said quietly and he did. "Did you ever catch the address to their house?" He asked slyly.

"They live in Surrey,#4 Privet Dr. I believe," Severus asked before his eyes narrowed as he saw the man suddenly get up.

"Thank you for the tea Severus, do give Albus my regards and tell him I've headed back to the castle," Remus said cordinally.

"You will do no such thing," Severus sneered out as he gave the man an incrediolous glare.

"What are you talking about Severus?" Remus asked out in an innocent tone.

"Cease with that tone, do I look like an imbecile? You will not be paying his relatives a visit, I don't care how you or your wolf feels. The Durselys are mine, not yours," Severus bit out angrily.

"They hurt my cub, I will not let them away with that," Remus said his cool façade breaking through in his anger.

"Rest assured they will not be getting away with anything," Severus told him darkly.

"Of that I have no doubt, once I get through with them," Remus growled.

"Enough gentlemen, this is neither the time nor place," Albus told them in a firm voice, having flooed over in the middle of their argument.

"Albus, when did you get here?" Severus asked him quietly.

"A few moments ago," Albus told them before he was looking over at them over his eye glasses. "You will leave the Durselys to me," he added with a steel tone that he rarely ever used.

He was rewarded when both Severus and Remus flinched, but it needed to be done. He didn't need the two sensible ones going out and doing something stupid. They had 3 boys depending on them whether they knew it or not. And in Remus's case, he had a man who had suffered in Azkaban for 13 years. Thanks to Remus's tip and Hagrid's slip about a black dog near the forbidden forest.

 He had stunned Sirius and then they all flooed to the Ministry.  He shook his head at the injustice the poor man had been dealt, hoping that he would be able to move on from those horrors. Shaking the thought away he turned back to the two men who were giving him expressions varying on concern.

"Albus are you alright?" Severus asked carefully.

"I am," the old man promised him. Thankfully, with Alaster and Amelia had made sure that the process go by way smoother then he had hoped. It had only taken an hour at the most, and he was definitly in Amelia's debts that was for sure.

"What happened at the Ministry? And where is the rat?" Remus asked him tightly.

"Peter was given the kiss in the courtroom, after the trial was over," Albus told him quietly.

"What about Sirius, what of him?" Remus breathed out, almost inaudibly.

"He was compensated 75,000 galleons for every year he spent wrongly convicted. He has gained back his accounts and all his properties and he was awarded the 3rd class of Merlin," Albus informed him softly.

"How did he take all of this? Does he know that I..." he trailed off here unsure of how to phrase his question.

"He does know of your involvement and he was adamant about seeing you, but he's not up for visitors at this time. He is currently in the Hogwarts infirmary being seen by a few specialists from St. Mungo's trying to assess where he is mentally," Albus told him.

Severus who had been silent up until then was looking at the old man in disbelief and a little bit of worry. "Are you telling me that Black is out of prison?" He asked in a shocked tone.

"Yes, Sirius had been wrongfully convicted of betraying the Potters and all other crimes against him. He wasn't a death eater, it was Peter," Remus told him quickly as he dropped his head into his hands trying to process all of this.

"I see," Severus stated in a choked tone. Never in a million years would he have thought something like this would be possible. He shook his head, he was starting to feel threatened. He knew that Black would be after Harry soon enough but he didn't want to let that child go. He would not worry himself now and turned back to the old man.

"Severus, this doesn't change a thing," Albus told him slowly.

But Severus was through listening. "Boys, your Grandfather is here to take you all shopping," he called, refusing to reply to the man's words. He knew they would be forced to change the subject and that was what he wanted.

Sure enough the sound of little feet was soon heard as they all came running into the sitting room and attached themselves to the old man.

"I thought you went away forever!" Draco stated dramatically.

"I knew you would be back, but I was worried somefing happened to you. You were late," Neville asked softly.

"I know, I'm sorry I'm late, but I'm here now and so that means we get to go on our shopping trip," Albus told them, trying to get them to smile.

"Hawwy come too?" Harry asked softly.

"Of course my boy," Albus told him firmly.

"Wemus come too?" Harry asked after a moment.

"If he wants too, it would make it easier on Severus and I. Especially since I'm worried about each of the boys getting the same amount of attention," Albus stated, the end of his explanation turning to Severus.

"It's fine with me," Severus said slowly, still trying to wrap his head around the previous conversation. He would have to just live in the now and he held his arms out to the green eyed child. "I'll take Harry," he said quickly before Lupin could say anything.

Remus gave the man a peculiar look, recognizing the jealously in the motion and having to hide a smile to himself. This was definitely a good sign he knew that. He could see how Draco had wrapped himself up in the old man's beard and he knew without saying anything that he wasn't moving. He didn't want Neville to feel like he was leftover, so he reached his arms out for the child.

"You're with me Neville," he told the child.

Neville nodded as he made his way to the man, only to freeze after he touched him. He looked at the man curiously, a sorrowful expression crossing his young face.

"Neville, what's the matter?" Remus asked the child softly.

"Somefing inside of you, huwts you," Neville said sadly before he climbed on the man's lap and wrapped his arms around the man's neck. He couldn't describe it, like Severus he felt something on the man. It wasn't scary per say, this feeling on Remus was sad. And he didn't like that the man felt that way so he would try his hardest to make him feel better.

Remus shared a look with the Headmaster and Severus, unsure of what to make of that, he didn't say anything as he stood up and adjusted the child more in his arms.

"We will be speaking of this later, this is not the first such instance," Severus told him peers quietly.

Albus only gave a nod as he picked up Draco. "Where are we going?"

"Who here has been to the muggle section of Manchester?" Severus asked before he grabbed the floo powder and he and Harry disappeared into the green flames.

 

The End.
End Notes:
What did you guys think? I hoped you liked it, I'm loving this story, who knew a deaging flick was so much fun.
Chapter 7 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Hope you enjoy this chapter, the shopping trip and Neville explained, though a couple of you guessed it right.

Because Severus had flooed through the fireplace first with Harry, he took that time to make sure that the child's fringe was covering up his trademark scar. His thoughts were going a mile a minute trying to process what had happened back at his manor. Especially considering what Neville had done. At the moment he had a theory but now was neither the time nor the place to test that.  He shook his head, definitely needing to speak with Lupin and Albus later.

Speaking of which, once he noticed they all flooed over he nodded to them before making his way out the Leaky Cauldron and into muggle London. He knew the other two men probably didn't have a clue as to how to get to Manchester and since he didn't have a port key there was no other option but to take the Knight bus unfortunately. He gave his companions and apologetic look before he stuck out his wand.

"On the way back, we can apparate, but going we can't. You and Albus do not know the location we need to go too," Severus told Remus as he got on the bus and paid their fare. He knew it was easier on the stomach if they rode in the lower section which is why he made his way to a bed, wanting to secure Harry down as he knew the bus had a reputation for being fast. He didn't have to be worried though as the minute the bus took off, Harry gave a loud squeal of happiness.

"Dis is so cool," Harry told the man wide eyed.

"No it's not, it's way too fast," Draco whimpered out as he closed his eyes tightly.

Albus was holding tight to the bed frame, and to his charge, looking for the world like they both wished they were somewhere else. The old man shook his head, hoping this ride didn't take long; he had no desire to feel ill. "I agree with Draco on this," he admitted quietly.

"I don't fink I like this Mr. Remus," Neville told the Professor with a shake of his head.

"Just Remus cub," Remus corrected him absently. "Though I agree, it's not the best way to travel. It is faster than a broom however," he added.

"I can't call you by just you fiwst name, my Gwan will be so angwy wiff me," Neville told him softly. He knew it was super disrespectful as he was only a kid and the man was a grown up, a Professor even.

"Uncle Remus work for you?" Remus asked after a moment.

"Yeah, I'm gaining family every day," Neville told him childishly as he leaned back against the man's chest in contentment.

Severus was so glad that Harry seemed to take to the bus; he himself didn't care for it. But he had often taken the bus when he had been a kid so the movement didn't bother him, which he was more than grateful for. He did turn around to look at Albus when he heard Draco give a whine.

"Gran'pa Albus, I really don't feel good," Draco told the old man softly as his face took on a greenish tint and he turned and buried his face in the man's beard. this he decided was his favorite place to be.

"Severus do you have a stomach soother?" Albus asked the man, as he glanced down to check on Draco once more.

"I do, I do not think I could get it out without it falling and rolling away," Severus admitted as his potions were tucked on the inside of his robe.

"Draco won't be able to wait that long for it, so I don't mind risking it," Albus replied as he gently rubbed the small boy's back.

Draco was breathing slow shallow breaths before he suddenly turned to look at the old man.  "I'm gonna fwow up," he informed the man tearfully.

"I know," Albus told him softly as he grabbed the trashcan that was charmed to stay by their bed and held it up under the child to contain the mess.

Neville turned to look at his friend in concern, until the blonde hair boy became sick and he quickly shoved his hands over his ears, his heart pounding in his throat. He didn't like the sound of Draco being sick, not to mention he just felt plain awful about the other boy feeling bad. He stretched his body as far as he could to get away from Draco, almost unconsciously. Thankfully though, Draco didn't seem to notice, during his bout of vomiting.

"We are definitely Apparating coming back," Severus said as he stuck Harry to the bed and grabbed the stomach soother out of his robe. He nearly lost it, but managed to levitate it over to Albus who was trying to console his crying godson.

"For sure," Remus said with a neutral expression on his face. The smell of the sick was a very strong scent to his nose, but he knew better then to react. Children were sensitive to such things; he had after all been one. And he didn't want to make a bad situation worse. Thankfully once Draco had managed to swallow the potion, everything got better. Remus pulled out his wand and freshened the air with a charm, while Albus emptied the rubbish bin.

"How long is it to Manchester Severus?" Albus wanted to know as he rubbed the child's back softly.

"Well the muggle way its 4 hours away, however that time is going to be split as we are on the wizarding bus. I'm going to assume its two hours. I know we'll get there in half the time," Severus said with a nod.

"Alright that works out fine," Albus said as he carefully laid Draco down. He hadn't been aware that the boy was even tired. "Was there a sleeping draught in the soother?"

"There was," Severus admitted. "He'll wake up and be a lot better off than if he stayed awake," he said knowingly.

Remus nodded he understood that and in turned followed his mentor's actions and started rubbing Neville's back.

"Do they take naps?" Remus asked softly as he could see Harry's eyes starting to slowly close every so often. He needed to know on whether or not he needed to wake the child.

"Yes, they are still at that age where it's acceptable. I haven't yet worked out a schedule as this is only the second day with them. But they'll all need a nap, otherwise they'll melt down if we're not careful," Severus explained truthfully.

"Since when, are you an expert on taking care of children?" Remus asked with an amused expression on his face.

Severus had the grace to give a small blush before he rolled his eyes. "I like to know what I'm doing. So I took it upon myself to read some of the childcare books that were in my library," he admitted.

"Good job Severus, I knew you were the right person for the job," Albus said proudly.

"Albus," Severus said embarrassingly with a shake of his head, even as he loved the feeling of being praised on the inside.

"It is the truth," Albus said as he popped a lemon drop into his mouth and leaned back into a comfortable position with Draco's head on his lap.

Severus quieted, not wanting to talk for the two hours and simply made himself comfortable on his bed like his other two companions.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The two hours on the bus, went by slowly but thankfully all the boys fell asleep within that first half hour and the men were able to relax while the children slept. Though once they got to their destination each man grabbed a child and carefully got off the bus with them, looking around the alley curiously.

"So what exactly is the plan today?" Remus asked asked as he looked around.

"The children will be staying with me and it has come to our attention that they are severly lacking basic things. They all need clothes, toys and child sized utensils and items to aid them in drinking and eating," Severus explained remembering how each boy had struggled to drink out of the cups he had at the house.

"Not to mention Christmas presents and decorations," Albus added quietly.

Severus gave a firm nod, even as he frowned as he realized what his manor undoubtly would become. He was so grateful for the warming charm on himself and the children as it was more then cold and was also starting to snow. He transfigured his robe while gesturing for the other men to do the same before he checked to make sure that the boys didn't have on wizarding clothing.

"When can we wake them up Severus ?" Remus wanted to know. as he glanced at the child in his arms.

"When we get to the store," Severus told him before walking briskly towards the shopping center. He knew the area from when he had been a child, so he headed straight for Carters knowing they would be able to get their clothes there.

"We will split up, to make this process easier," Severus said with an nod. "Albus you can pick out the shirts with Draco, Lupin you can grab the trousers. I will be getting their outerwear," he informed them with a nod.

"Will the boys be okay with that arrangement?' Remus asked ever the worried one.

"Yes, they'll be fine," he told him easily. "This will actually benefit them; each boy needs some undivided attention,"

"That is exactly what I thought Severus. It was a good thing Remus came with us, didn't he m'boy?" Albus said with a pointed look at the dour man.

Severus ignored the hint; he had already figured out that Lupin would integrate himself with him and the boys. And if he was being frank, he didn't actually mind it. If he had an extra set of hands then he could find time to work on the potion for the children for once.

"What about the toys that you said they needed to get?" Albus asked curiously, wondering if he might just go and pick out the toys himself. He knew that he was probably looking forward to this trip as much as the boys or more depending on who looked at it.

"We will all be going to Hamley's together," Severus told him with a firm nod. "Come on, I'm hoping to beat the rush that usually comes around this time," he said checking his watch.

It was just after 12:30 in the afternoon and he gave a small groan knowing the lunch break was definitely in effect. Oh well, they had no choice, they were here now. He sighed before he stepped out the alley and headed towards the shopping center and to Carters.

Severus started to gently shake Harry the moment they entered the store. After one last look, they each of the men separated to go get what they came to buy. In Hindsight, Severus should have thought of this, but he found that he, Lupin, and Albus were all going in the same direction. He separated though, heading to the cold weather clothes and after grabbing a buggy, he got Harry situated in the child sized seat in the front before he started shopping.

Harry was resting his head on his arm, looking at his friend's godfather. He still didn't know how to address him. He didn't feel comfortable calling him Uncle, and he didn't want to call him Professor like Neville did. He didn't know what to do. He was also still tired, he had been having a very good nap and then the man woke him up. It was with that; the little boy gave a pout.

 But the pout didn't last long as he got a good look around to see where he was. He was in a clothing store and he knew from the way the man kept pulling his shirt to see his tag that Sebbus was probably getting clothes for him. He had kept his promise! Harry turned to see where the man was trying to choose between the colors on the items.  Suddenly feeling confident in himself, he tried to remember what Neville had told him this morning.

"I want da gween one," Harry told the man clearly.

Severus whipped his head around the moment he heard Harry speak, his eyes betraying his shock that his face didn't show. This was the first time he had truly heard Harry refer to himself in the first person, and he liked it. He gave the boy a rare smile before he ruffled his hair.

"That is alright," he told him proudly. "And good boy,"

Harry's eyes got wide at the praise his green eyes shining bright like emeralds. "Hawwy is so welcome," he said automatically before he gave a nod for emphasis.

Severus had to smother a grin, you couldn't win them all, and he was clearly making progress somewhere with the child. He turned back to grabbing their coats, hats, and mittens and scarves before he moved onto their boots and normal everyday shoes. It was easier just to get muggle ones, since wizarding child shoes were much too expensive, not that he was worried about the cause it was the principle of the matter.

Around a corner and about a few feet away, Remus had acquired his own buggy and also had Neville in it. He was using the child's input as he picked out the different types of bottoms. Each boy needed to have 10 pairs of bottoms, according to Severus. He could see why, but he felt that was a lot of money. And for a man that constantly struggled to make ends meet, he was trying his hardest to find inexpensive clothing. In between this, he was turning to make sure his charge was alright. Neville seemed to be doing alright and that was the main point.

"You don't need anything do you?" Remus asked, just to double check.

"No, I'm okay," Neville replied softly.

Remus nodded before he turned to really look at the child, bring his hand up cautiously to touch the child again. He was normally very careful not to mention wary of letting anyone touch him. It stemmed from what everyone thought they knew about him, and what they thought was catching just by touching him. You couldn't become a werewolf, just from touching one's human skin. Ignorance was prominent in even the most intelligent people.

Neville looked up at Remus with another sad smile. "I'm not afwaid of you," he told him softly.

"Do you know what I am?" Remus couldn't help but ask. He knew that Severus wanted to discuss this at the Manor but he couldn't wait that long. He just wanted to know, what the child knew if he was being honest with himself.

"You not a monster, no matter how much people fink," Neville said matter of factly. "I'm not afwaid of you," he repeated a bit more firmly.

Remus turned his head away from the boy, the stinging in the back of his eyes letting him know how much the child's words had affected him. "How do you know this?"

Neville gave an innocent shrug before he smiled. "I dunno, I just can feel stuff. It's why I really like being with my pwants, they always have the nicest things to feel," he admitted shyly.

"Can you feel everything and anyone?" Remus asked curiously.

"Yeah, if they haff more magic I can feel them wiffout touching them, like Grandpa Albus," Neville told him happily. "His magic makes me feel warm and happy,"

Remus was thrilled at the amount of information he was receiving about the boy. He honestly had no idea the boy had anything like this. Clearly Neville hid it well, which led him to wonder why that was. He kept his hand on the child's arm, wanting to ask, but not wanting to feel like he was pressing him for more information.

"Why did you say what you said about me?" Remus asked softly.

"It's twue, you fight da wolf, and he doesn't like that. You'we huwting Somefing that's a part of you," Neville explain slowly.

Remus gave a half choked gasp at that, automatically moving away from the child, but suddenly finding his arm being gripped tightly by the child. He turned away from the boy in shame; but he had wanted to know so this was his answer. The child had hit the mark dead on and it frightened him to his core.

"Pwease don't push me away, ‘cause I'm diffewent too," Neville told him tearfully. He wouldn't have told the man if he knew it was going to scare him.

Remus stopped any movement he had at that moment as he turned to really look at the child. "I'm not afraid of you," he told him smiling at the ironic words the boy had spoken to him only a few minutes ago.

Neville shook his head; he knew the man wasn't afraid of him. But he also knew the man didn't know how to respond to what he had just told him. He sniffled before he gave a quiet shrug.

"This changes nothing, between you and I, I promise you that. I am still your Uncle Remus," the werewolf told the child firmly.

Neville gave a quiet sigh of relief then, he could feel the conviction behind the man's words. The wariness that he had felt, was gone and he didn't bother to find out where it gone. Here was one man who accepted him for being him, which had never happened before.

"One last thing, and then we're done I promise," Remus told him kindly. "What do you feel around Severus?"

"The P'fessor is diffewent, his magic is safe but at the same time its so vewy angwy. It doesn't make sense, and it scares me sometimes," Neville told him softly as he replied candidly.

"So you're afraid of what Severus might do to you?" Remus asked trying to understand the child.

"No I did not say that, I said something on the P'fessor's magic is angwy and scary. I don't know what it is, but it's not the P'fessor," he replied carefully and in confusion.

"I understand," Remus said with a slight nod and he did. He knew then in that explanation that Neville was referring to the dark mark. That he would have to give a bit of thought. He shook his head, as he turned back to picking out their trousers making sure that the child gave his input whenever necessary.

About 6 aisles and 3 shelves away from them were Draco and Albus.  The old man had also gotten a buggy, but he had opted out of placing Draco in the cart. After waking up the child from his nap, Albus had discreetly spelled the child with Revertimini, which was a spell for children he had picked up from Minerva. It was a spell made for mothers and their wayward toddlers.

He felt it fit in this situation, and it gave Draco a bit of freedom without going too far. The child would only be able to go a few feet before his magic would pull the child back to him. At the moment the little boy was showing no ill effects from his bout of sickness in the Knight bus, as he took on his role of picking out their clothes. Between him and Draco he was sure that they would all have the most colorful and fun shirts around.

"Gran'pa Albus, after we get done wiff here, are we gonna go eat?" Draco asked patiently as he rubbed his tummy.

"You're hungry?" Albus asked in confusion.

"Uh huh, I fwowed it all up, on the bus," Draco told him with a pout.

Albus had to chuckle at that before he gave a laugh. "I remember," he told him with a nod.

"I didn't get it on you'we beard did I?" Draco asked worriedly. Though he knew he could now walk around, he felt the best where he was. Currently his little fingers were curled into the man's beard. He couldn't feel the magic like Neville but he knew safety when he saw it and that was his Grandpa was. So he felt better standing right where he was, to the bemusement of the older man.

"Not at all, and even if you did I wouldn't be mad," Albus told him easily.

"Whew, good," Draco said with a bright smile as he started picking out the shirts and tossing them in the basket. He knew that the sooner they got finished with this part then they would get to eat.

Draco turned towards the man once each of them had 10 shirts and nodded. "We is done," he declared with a happy dance.

"So we are," Albus said cheerfully as he started to push his buggy back to where he had seen both Remus and Severus had gone.

Remus glanced up when he saw the old man stopping on their aisle and pushed his buggy towards him and Draco. "Did you guys get everything?"

"We did, we is done and now we can go eat wunch," Draco informed the man happily.

"I'm glad to hear it," Remus said honestly before he rolled his cart out to head to wherever Severus had gone. It wasn't hard to follow their scent and soon he and Albus were on the aisle of where Severus and Harry seemed to be cuddling in the middle of the aisle.

"What happened here?" Albus asked worriedly as he looked at his two boys.

"A child with a rather boisterous attitude came through here with his rude mother," Severus told him with a frown.

"Did they hurt Harry?" Remus asked quietly.

"No, it scared him and pushed him into a flashback. I had to assure him that those people were not his cousin and Aunt," Severus told replied before he glanced at their carts. "Are we all finished?"

"We are, before we make our way to Hamley's, Draco wanted to know if we could go to lunch first," Albus asked.

"That's fine," Severus replied easily as he grabbed his buggy and led the way to the front of the store and to the checkout line.

Once there they all got everything up on the conveyor belt, seeing the clerk's eyes widen as he rang everything up. Severus was very much aware that the man was probably wondering who exactly they were. He had gotten 30 pairs of trousers and jeans, along with 30 pairs of shirts and cardigans not to mentions coats and mittens and the likes. He knew that his total was going to be quite a lot, but he could afford it. It would be different if they had gone to Harrods like his original plan.

Shaking his head he knew that the exchanged rate for galleons to pound made a wizard feel even cheaper. For every 1 pound, you got 13 galleons in return.  And so he hadn't even bothered to withdraw, knowing he would have a wallet full of money.  He was just glad he had his card set up to use in both the muggle and wizarding world. Turning back to the clerk, he glanced at the total. He smirked in amusement as he handed over his card; the bill was a little bit over 500 pounds. Ignoring the man behind him he gathered up as many bags as he could carry as well as Harry and made his way out the store.

"We finish now?" Harry asked him softly.

"Yes we are, we're going to go have lunch now," Severus told him. "But first we need to shrink the bags down," he told him turning to his companions in amusement. They made quite a sight, given how many bags each of them had.

Neville took this moment from where he was holding onto Remus's pants leg to look around. He really wanted to hold the man's hand again, but he couldn't because the man had a lot of bags. It was amazing how much the man could carry too!

"Can we...I mean may we go use the toilet?" Neville asked the men quietly.

"That's a splendid idea Neville we can shrink the bags there," Albus told him cheerfully.

Remus gave the old man a bemused look. "I could be wrong here, but I dont think he was suggesting we use the loo to shrink the bags," he said with a grin on his face.

"Of course he wasn't Lupin," Severus drawled before he had to visibly stop his lip from twitching.

Albus oblivious as always started walking with Draco in the direction that Severus pointed out, that led to where the restaurants were set up.

"Maybe an alley way would be better," Remus asked as they had just passed by one. They were gaining quite a lot of looks, and he knew that to draw less attention to them it would be better to shrink now rather then later.

Severus nodded as he discreetly spelled a quick notice me not charm over the alley and stepped in it. There he started to shrink his bags down, he had to set Harry down to do it, but he trusted the child not to run away.

Remus and Albus quickly followed the man's lead, taking that time to shrink down their packages and lightening their load greatly. 

Neville was watching all of this with an impatient look on his little face, ignoring Draco's attempts at conversation. He had woken up from his nap in a strange place, and then found himself stuck in a buggy. He wasn't sure how long it had been, but he couldn't really be patient any longer. He didn't want to make a mess of his clothes, he was 5 now and at this age in his mind, you didn't do that.

"P'fessor, may we go to the toilet now?" Neville repeated out, unable to help himself. Why were they taking forever?

"In a moment Mr....Neville, as soon as we get done with this," Severus said just barely catching himself. It was hard to remember to use the first name as the child's last name came out by reflex.

The little brown haired boy was beside himself, unable to help it as he tightened his hold on his guardian's pants as he started to wiggle in place. "Uncle Remus, I need to use the toilet," he told the man urgently before he started whining.

"In just a moment Neville, when we're through here," Remus stated absently.

Severus looked up from where he was placing the shrunken items in small bag he had been carrying and his eyes narrowed as he looked over at the child in question. He was warily looking at the Longbottom heir in trepidation for obvious reasons.

"Lupin I need you to take the Neville to the lavatory. Walk into the closest building and ask to use their toilet," Severus told him quickly as his eyes raked over the boy. He so didn't want to have to deal with this right now. He had forgotten one little detail when he had left. This here made him wonder if he was still the perfect fit to take care of them.

"What are you talking about Severus? Aren't we all heading there now?" Remus asked in confusion.

"No, by the time we all get there it will be too late. Neville doesn't whine, so I suggest you get a move on, or you'll nose will get acquainted with a sharp acrid smell," Severus stated warningly.

"Duly noted," Remus said quickly reading between the lines. He didn't hesitate as he picked up the boy and jogged out the alley way.

"Are we gonna go get food now?" Draco asked hopefully.

"Do either of you need the toilet too?" Severus asked giving his godson a weary look. He knew the child tended to put everything off until the last minute and he didn't want any added stress today.

"No I do not," Draco told him impatiently.

"Hawwy don't either," Harry replied happily

Severus shook his head, before he canceled the charm and made his way out the alley. He wasn't sure just where Lupin went, so they would wait right here until the man made his way to them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ironically the store that Remus had jogged his way into turned out to be Hamley's, the toy store that Severus had wanted to go in next. He felt his curiosity peaking as he got a good look around the store. He found to his disbelief, that he himself wanted to try quite a few things. He was tugged out of his musings when he felt a small tug on his ear.

"We can pway after," he said softly, reminding he man of his presence. He didn't like being annoying, he knew that most adults preferred him to be quiet but he couldn't any longer. He knew the man holding him had a very sensitive nose and wouldn't appreciate his accident. Not to mention, he was five years old and past all that.

"Of course we can," Remus told him easily as he headed towards the direction of the toilets.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Severus we mustn't forget that we need to get Christmas decorations for the house. The boys would love that, would you Draco, Harry?" Albus said excitedly.

Draco clapped his hands eagerly as he nodded for emphasis. "Yes I wike that idea. We need to get a twee too," he added before he turned to Harry. "That'll be fun wight Harry?"

Harry looked like a deer in headlight, turning to bury his face in Severus's trouser's leg. He felt safest here, even if he would prefer to be picked up. He knew better then to ask, he was used to not getting what he wanted or needed for that matter. He didn't want to admit to Draco that he wasn't totally sure what he was talking about. He liked Christmas as much as the next child, he just never got to celebrate it.

"Harry, what is it? Do you not to want to decorate the house with us?" Albus asked curiously.

"Hawwy just nevew decowated a twee before," Harry replied sadly.

"Then I can show you how, it's not a problem," Severus said giving into the urge to lift the child back up in his arms. He hugged him tightly; feeling like his heart was being tugged on. Even him with his less than ideal childhood, he had decorated a tree and had received presents. How had he ever thought this child was spoiled? What a fool he had been.

"Fanks," Harry said softly before he glanced over at Draco, who once again had his fingers entangled in the Grandpa Albus's beard. "What you doing?"

Draco looked up before grinning. "It feels nice," he said with a shrug. "And I wike it,"

Harry could understand that, he couldn't explain why he kept rubbing his cheek against the man's shoulder. It was his way of unconsciously getting comfort. He grinned brightly when he saw Remus and Neville and waved at his friend excitedly.

"There they are," Severus said as he started walking towards them.

"We can head down to the restaurant first," Remus said with a smile as he looked back at the toy store. "It is quite a sight, so I suggest that you and Albus make sure that Harry and Draco properly relieve themselves before they go in," he cautioned.

"Lupin, do not to presume that I do not know something, I am well aware about the attention span of a child," Severus drawled out. His tone was light, but the words had a bit of bite in them. Not enough for the children to notice but enough for Remus and Albus to get it.

"I wasn't, I was just warning you," Remus said with a shake of his head, ever the compliant one. He wasn't about to argue over nothing, he had said his piece and it was over and done with.

Albus said nothing, but the shaking of his head, showed his displeasure at the tone as they headed towards the restaurants.

The walk there was filled with the excited chattering and noises from the 3 boys, but their chaperones silent. Severus was aware that he had reacted on the defense. He never liked being told what to do; he supposed it stemmed from his childhood. However apologetic he felt on the inside he wasn't about to apologize the wolf, there was still bad blood so to speak between them.

It didn't help that the person who was responsible for him almost dying or turned into a werewolf had just gotten out of jail that morning. Unwilling to let his thoughts wonder and get the best of them, he turned towards Albus.

"May I hold Draco?" He asked the man quietly.

Draco looked up at his godfather with wide eyes, his fingers unconsciously tightening from where they were in the old man's beard. He shook his head unwilling to part from the man. He always saw his Uncle Severus and he was always with him, but Grandpa Albus was new and different and he didn't want to let go.

"Do you wish for me to hold Harry then?" Albus asked in confusion, unsure of what Severus was initiating.

"I just want Harry to get more comfortable in other people's arms. He is still wary of human contact," Severus explained.

Remus, who had been quiet during this conversation suddenly, turned his head in the direction of the two men. He had wanted to pick Harry up for the longest and cuddle him. He loved holding Neville and really enjoyed the child's company but this wasn't his cub so to speak. No sooner had the thought crossed his mind, he felt the boy in his arms suddenly stiffen. He was confused for a moment before he realized his mistake.

"Neville, let me explain," Remus stated quickly.

"I wish to get down," Neville replied quietly. His eyes flicked over to Harry who was looking lost in the dark man's arm. He didn't mind Harry, his friend only knew pain. And Harry literally radiated hurt, what Neville minded was being second best. It was like; he could never get away from that even here. The man had told him he could call him Uncle Remus too! Was that just a rouse or something?

"I didn't mean, whatever you felt," Remus told him seriously, trying but failing to catch the child's eye. But the boy refused to look up at him. He decided that he had no idea what to do when it came to helping with young children.

Severus turned from his conversation with Albus to the werewolf, unsure he had heard right. Outside in muggle Manchester unfortunately wasn't where he could address it. He sighed before he gestured to Albus.

"Give Draco to me, Lupin will take Harry and you will have Neville. When we get to the restaurant we can switch back," Severus told them both.

Severus was prepared for Draco to put up a fight but not Harry. Which was why; when it came time for him to give Harry to Lupin, the little boy clung tightly to him. He couldn't pull him off and was slightly amazed at the strength of the child.

"Harry, you need to let go of me. It's Remus's turn to hold you," Severus told him gently.

"No! No! No! Hawwy wanna stay wiff you," Harry wailed out, his grip tightening if that was possible.

Severus turned an alarmed look to both Albus and Remus, this was new indeed. Harry had never thrown a tantrum, which meant that Severus wasn't sure on how to handle it. If this had been Draco the little boy would have gotten a stern talking too and maybe a small swat if it continued.  But this was Harry and he was at a loss at what to do.

"Harry, stop that this instant, we do not yell when we do not get our way," Severus told him quietly.

"I want to stay wiff you," Harry babbled out to the man sadly. He had remembered that using I meant that Severus was usually happy so he hoped this would mean he would get to stay right where he was.

"Then you will," Severus relented quickly, giving his companions an apologetic look. "I spoke too soon; Harry is not ready for others yet," he said softly. He refused to admit that it had been Harry's first person use of the word I that had done it.

"I don't want to be picked up, P'fessor may I walk pwease?" Neville said loudly, though the way his eyes were on Severus it was obvious who he was referring too.

"You may," Severus answered quickly before he walked into the first restaurant they saw. They had made more than a big scene and he just wanted to be back to his Manor. Once inside they were lead to a table and after getting booster seats for the boys, everyone was content and in their seats.

Albus discreetly spelled a charm around their table and then one around the boys so they couldn't listen in to their conversation. He wasn't sure just what exactly had transpired outside but he wasn't about to wait until they got to the manor.

"Remus what was going on with you and Neville? What did he mean by what he said?" Albus asked, surprising both of them by being direct.

"Albus it's really not the place for this, I cannot explain that here," Remus said softly.

Severus scoffed, knowing that the man probably liked having knowledge that no one else knew. No matter, he wasn't in the mood for that.  He shook his head and canceled the charm. He just wanted this outing to be over. What had been a simple clothes and toy store trip was turning into this big ordeal. Not to mention Severus wasn't sure what to do about his godson. Why hadn't the boy come to him? He was confused at that; he would be talking to him when he put him to bed tonight.

The lunch that passed was a quiet and tensed affair between the adults, with the children getting a few vibes from them that kept them all silent. Thankfully nothing more was said to rock the boat and it was with a quiet sigh of relief when Severus stood up with Harry once more in his arms.

"We are going to Hamley's, where each child will be grabbing 5 toys each. After that, we will pay and then leave. I am losing my patience," Severus told them quietly as they paid for the bill and then walked out of the restaurant.

He didn't say anything to his companions as they walked into the toy store only to halt them for a moment before they could leave.

"Here is 500 pounds each, I do not know how much the items will cost, but I do not want to make too much of a scene if we manage to buy too much," Severus told him, handing Lupin's portion to Neville as the man just stared there slack jawed at him.

Albus shook his head and refused to take the money. "Draco and I are covered, I have our portion covered," he told his potion's master with a mysterious smile.

"Albus, Draco is my godson. I am supposed to provide from him," Severus told him slowly.

"And you will, and you have. However Draco is now my grandson and as such I will spend my money on him, and Neville and Harry as I so choose too," Albus replied as he kissed the soft blond hair of the boy in his arms.

It was Severus's turn to stare at the man in disbelief; though his jaw wasn't slack it would have been if he hadn't had years to perfect his mask. He stayed that way until the men separated. At this point he was trying to do this toy store run quickly, without making Harry feel like he was rushing the child. He shook his head before he set the boy in question on his feet, finding green orbs looking intently up at them.

"I want you to look for the toys that you want," Severus said answering the unasked question.

"What can Hawwy get?" Harry asked slowly.

"Whatever you want," Severus promised him.

Harry's eyes went wide at that answer before he grinned shyly. He grabbed onto the man's hand, not noticing the man stiffen unconsciously at being touched. He bounced excitedly as he started making his through the aisle. He ended up on the row of stuffed animals and he beamed.

As much as he loved his stuffed snake at the Manor, he knew that it wouldn't last. Neville had explained it and so he knew that whatever he picked today he would always have. And that would forever remind him of this powerful man next to him. Harry smiled as he grabbed the stuffed baby deer and cuddled it to himself tightly.

"I want this one," he told the man boldly.

Severus quirked his lips at the tone, and gave a firm nod. "Then you shall," he repeated knowing that the boy definitely needed reassurance.

Severus noticed that after Harry had grabbed the stuffed animal, that vaguely reminded him of a movie Lily and he had seen when they were kids. He saw that Harry wasn't so timid picking out the rest of his toys. Severus could admit that though he allowed Harry to pick out his toys he made sure to grab a few that didn't count.

He made sure that he bought 3 train sets that were a different color, mentally reminding himself that he needed to spell each little boy's name on them. He knew they would fight, but he also knew that it was healthy behavior. And both Neville and Harry needed to get used to knowing that not all arguments led to pain. He lost count of how many block sets he grabbed along with the toy figures before he decided enough was enough. He knew that Albus at least would have grabbed everything else that he had missed. Grabbing the trolley that one of the workers of the store had thoughtfully grabbed for him he walked with Harry to the check out. He could see both Lupin and Albus standing in a line as well and he was grateful that they all had the same timing.

The line however was treacherous, but Harry was standing quietly. He found himself looking around wildly for a moment, before he remembered the boy was still there. He would need to coax the boy out of being eerily silent. The only reprieve he was aware of from his fear was that Harry was holding onto his leg. Once he had their items paid for, Severus piled the bags into the cart and waited by the door with Harry for Lupin and Albus to be finish. He handed the child, his stuffed deer to hold knowing that comfort toys were a must at this age.

"Awe we going home now?" Harry asked hopefully.

Severus gave him a nod. "We are, and when we get there you and Draco and Neville will be able to play with your toys while you have a small snack," he informed him.

"Otay," Harry said happily as he hugged his stuffy. He watched in amusement as Draco and Grandpa Albus walked over. Instead of holding onto the man's hand Draco had his hand in the long white beard. Harry found himself wanting to see what was so cool about it, but he had remembered how he felt earlier when his dark man had tried to get rid of him and wasn't truly in the mood to accept that right now. No matter, he could check it out later.

Harry walked with the group as they all came together and exited the toy store. He followed the grownups to the alley where they did some more magic before he made his way over to Neville.

"What new toy did you get? You see my Bambi?" He asked him cheerfully.

"I do, I got a lion," he told him proudly.

"Maybe dey can be fwiends," Harry said softly.

"Dey can, and they can be fwiends with my dwagon too," Draco chirped in. He had been feeling slightly ignored today. The only one who had paid him any attention was Grandpa Albus. While he loved it, he still wanted to share with his friends.

The boys didn't have that long to chat as soon after Draco started explaining what he and the old man had gotten in the store, he was being picked up once more.

"It's time to go back to the Manor," Severus told them as he held Harry on his hip.

"Not da bus!" Draco whimpered out as he held onto the beard tightly. He didn't want to do that awful ride every again.

"We are Apparating," Remus told him quickly as he picked Neville up. He was very much aware that the child was holding himself as far away as he could in his arms. He pulled him close, knowing that the apparition lessened the closer you were to the person.

"Oh, dat's okay then," Draco said having gone with his godfather or his parents before.

"Is it fun?" Harry asked softly, unsure whether or not he should be afraid.

"It is very fun," Severus lied quickly before he hugged the boy to his chest. He whispered in his ear before he turned and dissapparated on the spot. He made his way into the manor once he was sure his companions had landed safely before turning to look at the child below him. He was worried that Harry might need a soother.

"Dat was wiewd," Harry said with a slight frown.

"Does your tummy hurt?" He asked softly.

"No, I fine. Can I go pway now?" Harry asked shyly.

"In one moment," Severus told him as he as he pulled the packages out of his robes that he had transfigured back. He set them on the table, watching as both Lupin and Albus starting doing the same.

Harry waited patiently as he hugged his Bambi, as he watched them. "What awe you doing?"

"We're going to unshrink your toys and then have you and Missy bring them up the stairs so you all can play," Albus explain.

"Before you are allowed to do that, you need to do something first.  You and Draco have not used the potty since this morning. And since you're both big boys, I need you both to go use the toilet," Severus told making sure to keep his tone light. He felt embarrassed to even say the words as he felt both Remus's and Albus's gazes on him. But sometimes pride had to be pushed back as he knew if they had an accident he would end up having to clean them up.

Harry smiled brightly as he held his hand out for Draco to take. "Otay," he chirped before they disappeared out into the hall.

Severus watched as Remus ruffled Neville's hair affectionately, but didn't comment on it. It was hard to give comfort to that child, and he didn't know why. The boy hadn't lashed out at him but he had a feeling the boy was still afraid of him. Snapping his fingers for Missy, Severus was able to have her transport the majority of the boy's toys upstairs and in their room by the time the two boys had come back into the sitting room.

"Can we go pway now?" Harry repeated out once he had returned his bright smile still on his face.

"You may, have you and Draco wash your hands?" Severus asked.

"We did Uncle Sebbus," Draco promised eagerly before he turned to look at Neville. "Let's go!"

Neville turned to look at Severus. "May we leave the room?" He asked.

"You may," he repeated watching with a fond smile as the boys disappeared up the stairs. Hopefully they would be able to play quietly without him having to interfere. He pulled out his wand and after getting tea from Missy, he spelled the area with a privacy charm. He used the same one as earlier as he took a seat in his comfy chair.

Albus turned his attention to Remus once he had sipped his tea. "What did you mean earlier when you said Neville felt something?"

Remus who had some time to think this upcoming conversation over was well prepared at the moment and simply gave a dry smile. "He's empathetic," he said with a shake of his head.

"How sure are you?" Severus asked curiously.

"Very sure, he knew exactly what I was the moment he touched me. I instigated it a bit in the clothing store and he very bluntly explained that my wolf wasn't very happy with me," Remus said tightly.

"Did he now?" Albus asked, sitting up in his seat.

"Among other things," Remus said before he looked at Severus. "He's wary around you because of the tattoo on your skin. He said you feel scary," Remus added.

Severus stiffly sat up in his chair, his tea cup barely making his way to the table lest he drop it. He had no idea the child had felt the dark mark, and closed his eyes tightly at the hurt. This meant he was probably incapable of helping the child.

"Then I suppose it's only fair that you stay here, if he can feel it then he won't accept comfort from me," Severus bit out roughly.

"You misunderstand Severus, he's not afraid of you. He's afraid of what's on your arm; he told me he knows you won't hurt him. But he's terrified that whatever is on your arm is hurting you," Remus said quickly.

Severus took a deep breath and turned his gaze to Albus. "This explains so much," he said softly.

"It does, it gives me a better understanding to just what he went through at Longbottom manor. To feel such hatred from someone who is your family, I'm only happy Harry doesn't have that ability," Albus said softly feeling his age in that moment.

"We will fix this, we must. And we will not be returning him to her Albus," Severus told him seriously.

Albus frowned, he never liked taking someone away from their family but he couldn't let his ignorance at the past situation cloud his judgment now. "I concur," he breathed out softly.

"We need a solution," Severus said quietly as he sat back in his chair. He felt like his job had just gotten a little bit harder. 

The End.
End Notes:
Sorry it feels like Draco is getting pushed back, Harry and Neville are demanding attention. Draco will have his chance to shine, I promise you.
Chapter 8 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
This is late because I went to the dentist last week, and he pulled out my remaining wisdom teeth, and I was in so much pain, still kind of am and I had to force myself to write this one. All the medicine that I take makes me want to sleep. Hopefully I'll get back into the rhythm of things, I love this story.

Albus turned towards Severus with a curious gaze, as he thought over their conversation. He had much to think about, and Augusta definitely had a lot more to answer for. He shook his thoughts out needing to go back to his office to figure out how he was going to approach this now. In the meantime they needed to discuss something else, like what had happened today.

"How much money did you spend today Severus?" Albus asked him quietly.

"Well we spent £500 at Carters the clothing store, and at Hamley's I am unsure of the exact total. As I know Harry and I spent quite a bit but you used your own money with Draco and Lupin has yet to give me the receipt on what he and Neville bought," Severus explained with narrowed eyes.

If he was being honest he didn't care how much money had been spent. It had been a while since he spent anything in his vault on anyone, including himself. Not to mention what he received from his teaching salary and the money he made in the summer from selling his potions.  Add into the fact that the Prince's vaults were in his possession he could stop working today and he would be fine for the rest of his life. It felt nice to be able to buy something for someone who liked him. This was why he was currently frowning as he wondered what in the world the old man was doing regarding this conversation.

"I meant to give you a stipend for taking care of the boys, I know that one of challenging but 3 is pushing it quite a lot," Albus told him ignoring the look he was currently on the receiving end of.

"I do not need any money Albus," Severus nearly growled out.

"The stipend will be 1000 galleons per boy, if you need more do not be afraid to ask," Albus continued as if the man never spoke.

"Albus, for the last time I do not need any money for the children. I assure you that I am well off and do not need anything at this time," Severus told him firmly.

"That may be Severus; however I will give it to Remus to hold then. That way when you both take the boys out everything will still be covered," Albus said his eyes twinkling.

Severus conceded silently to the point. He had already thought that Lupin would be staying in his manor with him and the children. There was no reason to dispute it especially when today proved that he might need some help. He wasn't about to verbally agree however, and show the man and Lupin that he needed help. He was still a Slytherin and he still had his pride.

Remus however the Gryffindor that he was, was looking between the two men in confusion. He wasn't sure exactly what was going on. "Why would you be giving me the money Headmaster?"

"Because you will be staying here with Severus in the boys," Albus said cheerfully before he stood up. "Do try not to kill yourselves, I will most displeased," he said before he grinned.

"Where are you going now Albus?" Severus asked dryly.

"To play with the boys and their new toys, Draco and I were excited play with them," Albus said happily as he hurried himself out the room and up the stairs.

Remus turned an amused look towards the Potion's Master, though he had to admit that he was a bit curious of what Albus had bought. He knew that he and Neville had bought some more education things that had interested them both.

"I hope you don't mind that I'll be here Severus," Remus told him quietly. He though; was grateful that the full moon had already passed just this week. That way for the 3 weeks he would be able to enjoy the boys company and hopefully get to know Harry a bit more.

"Albus has already decided, and Missy will show you to your room a bit later. You will be a room across from mine, but two doors away from theirs," Severus replied quietly.

Remus nodded unable to believe just how compliant Severus was being. He like Albus could see just how the boys were changing the dour man for the better.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Up the stairs could find Albus making his way into the boy's room looking around it cheerfully. "Whose having fun with their new toys?" He asked ecstatically.

"I am Gran'pa Albus, I like all the toys we got," Draco chirped out happily as he bounced his way over to the old man and lifted him arms to be picked up.

"You do? Well that is really good buddy, would you like to help me go and set up you boy's playroom?" Albus asked him happily as he lifted the child up and held him on his hip.

Draco's eyes got wide and gave a quick nod. "I wanna!"

"Great, let's see if Neville and Harry want to come as well," Albus told him not wanting the other two boys to feel left out.

"Otay!" Draco chirped happily as he twirled the long white beard in his fingertips.

"Harry, would you and Neville like to accompany Draco and I too what will be you boy's new playroom?" Albus asked them kindly.

Harry turned to look at Neville who gently shook his head before he turned to the old man and his friend. "Nope, Hawwy stay here wiff Neville and pway," he chirped out easily.

"Otay, that's means Gran'pa Albus and I can supwise you!" Draco said excitedly.

"Yeah," Neville said happily as he gave the boy a bright grin.

Albus was surprised he had seen the little silent exchange, and would have to bring it up to Severus later on. For the moment however there was nothing he could do but take Draco and head out the room and out the hall.

Neville went to close the door after they left and turned to smile at Harry. "Did you want to go wiff them?" He asked curiously.

Harry gave a small shrug. "I wanted to see da pwayroom," he admitted.

"We will see it, but after Gwandpa Albus and Dwaco fix it up," Neville promised him.

"Why couwldn't Hawwy hewp den?" Harry asked in confusion.

Neville glanced back at the closed door of the room. "Because Gwandpa Albus is so sad and Dwaco is helping him be happy. Don't you want Gwandpa happy?"

Harry nodded vigorously; he would never want the man sad. He was practically Father Christmas, and he didn't deserve to be sad. "Dat's otay," he assured him happily as he turned to grab a train set to start.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Albus carried Draco down the hallway, finding a large spare bedroom a few spaces down the hall from the boy's bedroom before he went inside. He set Draco on his feet before he snapped his fingers.

"What can Missy be doing for Master Dumbledore?" Missy asked cheerfully.

"Can you please childproof this room, and take away anything not needed for a playroom?" Albus asked her.

"Missy can, it will only take a moment," she promised him.

While Missy did that Albus turned to Draco and started pulling out the shrunken items out of his pockets. He set them all on the floor before he started unshrinking them.

"Draco what color would you like the playroom to be? Pick a color that you, Neville and Harry would all like," Albus told him.

Draco's eyes got wide, at that suggestion. He knew he had a special and important task and he closed his eyes to think long and hard before he grinned.

"Have you decided?" Albus asked him curiously.

"Uh huh, a fowest wiff aminals!" He told him proudly.

"I like that," Albus said with a grin as he pulled out his wand and got to work.

The old man made sure that the room was enlarged a bit more and he and Draco had gone way overboard. But at least he knew that the children wouldn't be bored and that this would aid them. Especially as it had been starting to snow earlier so he knew they wouldn't be able to play outside for a while.

 He set the giant items he hadn't yet unshrunk and placed them down in each corner of the room. Making sure that Draco had input he rearranged everything accordingly. All in all, it took about an hour for him, Missy and Draco to finish everything. Once the playroom was done he picked up his small charge and held him on his hip to look at all their hard work.

"Did you have fun?" Albus asked curiously.

"I did, I can't wait until Nebille and Harry sees," Draco told him happily.

"Me either," Albus said with a grin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Back downstairs in the sitting room, Remus was standing by the floo in disbelief. He had been getting ready to head back to Hogwarts. He wanted to see Sirius, to check on him and apologize. Not to mention he didn't want Severus to get annoyed with him as he was planning on visiting tomorrow to see the boys. He hadn't really believed Albus when he had said that he would stay to help Severus.

 Not to mention even though Severus had said he would have a room near the boys it had to have been for show. Now that Albus was upstairs somewhere he was ready for the man to lay it on him. And he surely hadn't heard Severus himself issue the invitation. This was what led to his current position, him standing frozen by the fireplace with a canister of floo in his hand.

"I'm sorry Severus, could you repeat that?" Remus asked politely not wanting the man to get annoyed with him and take back what it was he was sure he had said.

Severus rolled his eyes as he gave the wolf an amused look. "I just reminded you of Albus's invitation the manor," he said with a smirk. "I've told you already Lupin," he said in annoyance. He hated repeating himself.

"Is this a joke?" Remus asked softly.

"No, as you found out today, Neville has expressed a desire to have you here. And I need someone who can help around with Draco and Harry as well," Severus said quietly. He hated asking for help.

Remus smiled happily, and gave a nod. "I accept," he told him quickly.

"Great, Missy has already prepared your room as I stated earlier. We eat breakfast at 8; have lunch at 12, and dinner at 6. The boys each will have a nap at 12:30 and will last for 2 hours. While they sleep, you may rest or do whatever as long as you are within hearing distance if one of them needs help. I will be in my lab during that time, trying to find a cure," Severus told him of a rough plan of the days.

Remus nodded, grateful for some type of schedule and knew that he would be allowed to put some input. He grinned and he gave the man a smile. "Shall we head up the stairs to see what mischief Albus has gotten himself and Draco into?"

Severus nodded, giving a dry smile before he stood up and headed up the Manor. He knew that while Lupin was here he would still be providing him with the Wolfsbane; he had to make sure that he and the children stayed safe. He refused to admit that the man might actually be growing on. Shaking his head he stood up.

"Come along, let's see what Albus and the boys have gotten into," Severus told him as he turned and headed up the stairs with Lupin.

The men headed to the boys's bedroom, only to find Draco and Albus in the hallway. Severus eyed the pair curiously. "What is going on?

"Draco and I have a surprise for Harry and Neville. The playroom is finish," he tolhd him gleefully.

"I'm slightly curious myself to see what it entails," Severus admitted.

"The boys are going to love it," Albus promised him as he opened the bedroom door to get Neville and Harry.

"Is it weady?" Neville asked cheerfully as he stood up quickly.

"Yes! Gran'pa Albus and I did a vewy good job," Draco boasted happily.

Albus made sure that Harry and Neville were in front of him as they trooped back towards the playroom. the door opened and they all hurried in, various gasps soon followed.

"Dis is..so Cool!" Harry exclaimed happily as he looked around the room happily.

"It is, its like a pwaygwound inside the house," Neville said in awe.

Severus was floored, and once glance at the werewolf knew he wasn't the only one. Albus had bought a muggle swing set for the boys, that included a slide and some random other things that he knew the boys would like. This was perfect Neville was right, it was going somewhere without actually going somewhere. Slides play sets, and outdoor toys it was insane on how much was actually inside the room.

"Albus this is, this is too much," he gasped out softly.

"No it's not Severus, this is just what they need," Albus told him cheerfully.

Severus wasn't sure how to reply to that and simply shook his head and turned to walk out the room to leave the boys to play. While Albus and Remus stayed here with the boys he could go down to his potion's lab and finally get a look at the boy's potions. It was just the kind of thing that he could use to calm him down. Today had been stressful to say the least.

"If you say so Albus, I will be in my lab if you need me. If either of you or the boys need a snack don't be afraid to call for Missy," he told them as he turned to leave out the playroom.

"Wait," Harry called out quietly. He had seen the dark man going away and he didn't know why. He wanted Severus to stay here with him and watch him play. He didn't want the man to go away; he felt the safest with him.

"What is it Harry?" Severus asked in confusion.

"Hawwy come wiff you," he pleaded out softly.

"Not this time Harry, you stay with Remus and Albus alright? I need to take care of something," Severus informed him quickly, not even bothering to turn back around. He knew without a doubt that he would cave and end up bringing Harry with him if he caught sight of those green eyes. Besides he had seen the way the wolf had looked at Harry the other day and he knew the other man wanted a chance to bond. Ignoring the nagging in the back of his mind he made his way out of the room.

Harry frowned as he stared at the man's retreating back, his gaze making his way to the floor. He had thought that Severus would have stayed or at least let him come with him. He thought the man had cared for him evidently he had been wrong. He took a seat on the floor; he didn't even want to play with the cool room anymore.

Remus had seen how dejected how Harry had looked when Severus had looked, and he felt kind of bad at how happy he felt. He figured this was his chance to get to know that little boy he had met a long time ago. He smiled as he went to sit in front of the downtrodden little boy.

"Hi Harry," Remus said cheerfully.

"Hawwy don't wanna pway wight now," Harry told the man softly.

"Why not?" Remus said his voice still perky.

"Hawwy just don't wanna pway," he said sadly as he sighed.

Remus nodded as he levitated the box of legos over to them. He knew that if he started to play with them then Harry would eventually want to as well. It was a slow process but he wasn't sure of how to get Harry to start to trust him any other way. Whatever Harry had with Severus he felt he couldn't compete with, so this was the second best thing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The rest of the day went smoothly and onto the evening there wasn't any issue apart from when Albus had finally left. He could see the tension in both his mentor's and godson's face and he knew that when he was putting Draco to bed tonight that he would be questioning why that was. Severus was aware of something else as well, though he was unsure to what had caused it. Harry was being more open with Remus and though he knew this was what he had wanted he couldn't help but feel jealous at the prospect of the boy no longer needing him. It was just like a Gryffindor to forget the one who had been there in the first place.

As dinner finished and Severus allowed Remus to give the boys bath, he took that time to make sure that Draco had gotten out first. He missed spending time with just his godson and he wanted to see what the hell this bond was between him and Albus. Far from him being jealous, he was just concerned, wondering why that was. He brushed the damp blonde hair of the toddler in his arm as he got him dressed in his sleep clothes before setting him on his blue colored bed.

"Dragon, what is going on with you and Grandpa Albus?" Severus asked curiously.

Draco gave a small shrug. "I don't know, I just love him so much," he told him happily.

"But why do you love him so much?" Severus pressed, as that answer didn't really help satisfy his curiosity on the matter.

"I don't know, he has a soft beawd and he likes toys like me. And he said he loves me," Draco told him cheerfully.

"Is that right?" He asked softly.

"Yep, and Nebille says dat he needs my love and so I can haff him all to myself," Draco told him proudly.

Severus paused at that answer knowing he would get nothing else from Draco at the moment. Neville is who he clearly needed to talk too and he would as soon as he got done talking with his godson.

"That's alright then," he soothed as he laid the boy down on his stomach. He knew at this moment it would be better to read the child a story but he wasn't in the mood for that. He knew an easy way to get Draco to sleep faster and help him have pleasant dreams. He gave the child a small back massage, infused with his magic to aid in the help of him sleeping. It was with a smirk that Severus stood up, his godson snoring quietly as he stood up proudly, he still had it.

He headed towards the Gryffindor colored bed, not having way to wait long for the Longbottom heir to come back into the room.

"Would you like for Lupin to tuck you in, or for me to do it?" Severus asked him quietly.

Neville perked up at the man in slightly confusion before he gave a shy smile. "You," he told him softly.

Severus was surprised but nonetheless patted the bedspread for the child to come to the bed. He made sure to keep his feelings in check, knowing now that the boy could feel it. He didn't need him to feel overwhelmed with his turmoil of emotions.

"Did you have a good day today?" He asked quietly.

"I did, I love the pwayroom, I've never seen so much stuff in one pwace!" He gushed happily.

Severus ghosted the boy with a fond smile. "I'm glad you liked it," he told him honestly.

"I'm gonna pway there evewyday," he told him sincerely.

"I'm glad," he replied easily before he caught the boy's eye. "Do you know why Draco is so attached to Grandpa Albus?" He asked.

Neville nodded quickly as he gave a bright smile. "But I can't tell you yet," he told him with a mysterious smile.

"Why not?" Severus asked in confusion.

"Because I can't yet," Neville said cryptically before he rolled over and underneath the covers.

"Would you like a story?" Severus asked with a sigh when it became apparent that Neville wasn't going to answer him. He hated being in the dark, but all he needed to do was ask the boy every night before bed and hopefully he would crack under the pressure.

Neville stared at the man in disbelief, unsure if he heard right. He was suspicious rightly so as his Professor didn't seem like the person who would willingly read a story book to anyone but maybe Draco.  He was apprehensive and he wasn't sure of what the correct answer was.

"Can I haff a story tomorrow?" He asked him hopefully.

"Yes I can read one tomorrow," Severus promised him, feeling oddly disappointed, but elated none the same. He left the boy to it as he moved to the Slytherin colored bed. He frowned; he hadn't realized that Harry had gotten into the bed let alone in the room. The child moved silently and he didn't like it, especially as he knew from what it stemmed from.

Harry stared at the dark man silently, wondering what was going on. He had gotten over his hurt earlier that day when the man had left him with the two other men. It had hurt terribly but he reminded himself that it was nothing new. He was used too, it, so why should he expect anything different?

Severus stared at the child in confusion, usually Harry liked to be under him but now the child was looking at him warily and he didn't like it. "What is the matter?"

Harry gave a sigh. "You don't wike Hawwy anymowe," he told him sadly.

"What?" He asked in confusion. Where the hell did he get that idea from? Had Lupin said something?

"Hawwy know da twuth," the little boy told him softly.

"What truth is that?" Severus asked, starting to feel like he was pulling teeth. Usually Harry was more forthcoming, what was going on tonight. None of his little boys made any sense today.

"Dat you don't want Hawwy anymowe. You wouldn't wet Hawwy go wiff you, you weft me today," he told him softly.

"I'm sorry Harry, that wasn't my intention. I had to do a job, and it was just easier to do it while you were in the playroom with Lupin and Albus," Severus explained honestly.

Harry gave a small shrug at that explanation. He knew that's what the man wanted him to believe, but he didn't know what he truly believed. If anything he wasn't going to begrudge the man, he had given him clothes and food and toys. Harry figured that the man didn't know how much he meant to him so he had to show him. He swallowed thickly hoping he wouldn't get denied. He had been thinking on this plan all day, and he hoped it worked. Harry laid down on his bed tiredly, leaning into the dark man's touch. He liked that here no one thought he was too freaky to be touched. He loved that they comforted him, he loved them so much. The little ravend haired boy slowly shut his eyes wishing this would never end.

"Sleep tight Harry, I will see you in the morning," Severus told him softly as he leaned forward and kissed the soft damp raven locks. He was glad that whatever it was that had been the issue was taken care of, at least for now.

"Goodnight daddy," Harry breathed softly, having found what he wanted to address the man as. He never heard the soft intake of breath of the man nor the shared glances between the two men in the room. Harry knew nothing else as he peacfully fell asleep.

Severus for his part was shaken up as he hurried from the room. He was most grateful that he had chosen to wish Harry good night last. As it was the man was repeating over and over in his head what Harry had said. Which is why when Lupin came out into the hallway, he gave the man a wary look.

"I did not tell him to address me as such," Severus stated quietly, before the man could even speak. He didn't want the wolf to jump into to the conclusion that he was trying to take James's place, because he wasn't.

Remus gave the man a bemused look. "I know," he said in the same tone.

Severus wasn't sure how to answer that and simple glared at the man. "I will see you in the morning," he told him flatly.

Remus watched the man stalk down the hallway, only grinning once the Potion's master was no longer inside. Albus had been right in choosing Severus and Remus was happy that he was going to be around for this.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning found little Harry Potter waking up around 6am the next morning like clockwork. The five year got dressed quietly, looking around the room at his still sleeping companions. Grinning to himself he padded out of the room and into the hall. He knew what his job was, he had seen yesterday how much Severus had enjoyed his breakfast and Harry was hoping that today Missy would allow Harry to make the whole breakfast. Only one way to find out, he carefully made his way down the steps and into the kitchen.

"Mowning Missy," he chirped.

"Morning young Master Harry," Missy replied.

"Can Hawwy cook bweakfast today?" He asked hopefully.

"You mean help Missy cook?" Miasy said warily.

"No, Hawwy cook evewyfing," he told her proudly.

"Missy doesn't think that's a good idea young Master," the elf replied worriedly as she looked at the small boy.

"Hawwy do a good job. I pwomise," he told her with a serious nod.

"Missy watch and help you as needed," she decided not feeling comfortable but as her Master had not said that the young boy was not to cook, she was wary about disobeying this order.

Harry clapped excitedly, as Missy showed him the pans; knowing exactly what he was going to do.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*`*~*~*~*~

Remus woke up the next morning disoriented and confused before he remembered just exactly where he was.  He stood up in confusion wondering exactly what had woke him up in the first place. Shaking his head tiredly as he pulled on his robe he opened his room door and looked out into the hall, finally finding the source of what had woke him up.  Neville, as he was sure it was him was frantically making his way up and down the hall. He wasn't sure what the child was looking for only that the boy in question was looking frantic the longer he watched.

"Neville? What is it?" Remus asked worriedly as he made his way to the child.

"Dwaco's in the toilet, and I need to go too. And I know the P'fessor has more baffrooms here but I can't find one. And I need one now," he told the man urgently.

Remus frowned as he looked around the hallway at the plethora of doors. If he was being honest he had no idea where another toilet was either. Severus hadn't really given him a tour last night and he hadn't asked. He wasn't sure he would be much help, as he wasn't sure just kind of wards Severus had on the doors and he didn't want to get a shock.

"I'm not sure of any either, however you can go knock on Severus's door and I'm sure he'll be happy to show you," he offered him.

Neville made a face before he shook his head and ran back to their room hoping that Draco was out and he could use it.

Remus shook his head, as he started to follow after the boy before deciding that he might be crossing the line. He scoffed before he turned to head down the steps. He could smell the breakfast wafting through the air the closer he got to the kitchen, but it wasn't until he was standing in the doorway of the kitchen when he got his surprise.

He saw Harry standing on a step stool over a hot stove while Missy the house elf was next to him, wringing her hands anxiously. He gasped quietly his first instinct to scream for the child to get away from the stove  but common sense had him not saying anything. The last thing he wanted was for the boy to become frightened and then become burned.

Harry didn't notice that he had an audience and he simply finished up with his French toast and set the finished product on a plate which Missy had charmed and moved to the table. He turned off the stove before he climbed down from his step stool and gave a happy clap.

"Hawwy done," Harry told her happily, watching as Missy gave a smile and bowed at him before she disappeared.

Remus took that time to walk into the kitchen, unwilling to believe that Harry had truly cooked this meal for them but he had seen it with his own eyes.

"Good morning Harry," Remus addressd him quietly.

"Hi Wemus," Harry told him shyly.

"Why were you cooking?" Remus asked bluntly.

"A supwise fow...fow...daddy," Harry told him shyly. He had only said the name once out loud and he was testing the way it sounded now.  

Remus pierced the child with a look at the name, momentarily thrown off the topic before he shook his head. He could address that later, after he got this first. "So it's only today that you cooked? You haven't been doing it since you been here right?" He asked to clarify.

Harry hesitated; he didn't want Remus to forbid him, not when he needed this to earn his keep. He knew Neville was helpful and that Draco had Grandpa Albus and was able to buy cool things, but Harry himself had no purpose here. He had to make sure that Severus wanted to keep him around.

"Hawwy cook good," Harry replied instead.

"Of that I have no doubt," Remus replied softly before frowning. "But it is not your job to cook Harry; you are five years old,"

"Hawwy cook good," he stressed out.

Remus sighed knowing he was getting nowhere with this conversation. He wasn't even sure how to bring it up with Severus as he was sure this was something the man needed to know. He sighed as looked at the child. "We will talk about this later," he said with a sigh.

Harry gave a shrug. He knew he wasn't in trouble, but he was also unsure of why the man wanted to talk to him. He turned so he could clean up only to frown as he realized that Missy had done it for him. That sneaky elf! He grinned in amusement, as he shook his head and took a seat obediently at the table as he waited for everyone to get up. He watched curiously as Remus took a seat next to him and he turned to smile at the man.

"Harry, why did you call Severus daddy?" Remus asked quietly. This was a delicate situation; he didn't want to alienate the child if he happened to say a wrong thing.

"Because he is," Harry told him simply.

Remus shook his head quickly at that. "But he's not, your father's name was James Potter," he told him seriously.

"That daddy died fow Hawwy, but Sev'vus is hewe and he said I couwd call him whatevew I want," Harry told him shyly.

Remus wasn't sure how to answer that, he wasn't totally sure how he felt and he sighed. He was in way over his head and it was way too early in the morning to be discussing this. He scoffed; who was he to tell the child what he could and couldn't call the man who had essentially saved Harry. He ignored the betrayal he felt stabbing at his heart and sighed, wondering if him being here was more of a hindrance then a help. He didn't have long for his thoughts when he heard Severus and the remaining two boys coming down the steps. He sighed, wondering when he would be able to get some alone time to discuss his findings with Severus. It was going to be a long day.

 

The End.
End Notes:
Okay its been edited the best I could see.
Chapter 9 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I know this is so late, but its also 11,000 words so I hope I'm forgiven. Also, I wont be able to update for the summer, as I will be in summer camp. So hope you guys enjoy this.

Chapter 9

 

Severus came into the kitchen and quirked an eyebrow at the scene he arrived into. He could see Harry pouting in front of his breakfast, and Lupin was staring at the far wall with dare he say it; an annoyed expression. He couldn't fathom how the wolf seemed to be annoyed with Harry. He refused to think on his words knowing that when the child was older the boy grated on his own nerves but this was clearly different.

 He wasn't sure what had taken place but he was going to find out. As it was; he was looking down at the table at the spread of food on the table, noting in amusement that Missy had clearly outdone herself today. After making sure that both Draco and Neville were in their seats and had plates of food in front of them Severus took his seat.

"Good morning Harry," Severus stated calmly.  He idly wondered if Remus was upset over the fact of what the raven haired child had called the Potion's Professor last night.

Harry had no such qualms and though he was slightly worried about Remus being angry with him he turned his head to face the dark haired man happily. "Mowning Daddy," he stated boldly before looking back down at his plate shyly.

It was silence that soon followed his greeting, though it hadn't been that loud of a conversation to begin with. Comically it was Draco who turned to look at his friend, before his eyes were riveted on his godfather. "Uncle Sebbus, is dere Somefing you wanna tell me?" Draco said after a moment.

Neville snickered softly into his food before trying to keep a straight face. He could see the protective look on Draco's face and he knew that it was probably more worry about Harry then the man. Not to mention Neville knew how the professor felt about Harry so he was seeing this as an improvement especially.

Severus ignored the rising flush that was currently making its way up his neck. He had to acknowledge to himself that Harry's words had made him feel very good. However his godson's question threw him for a loop and he turned to look at the inquisitive blond. Merlin the child sounded just like him, maybe he would need to tone it down in the future maybe.

"What do you mean dragon?" He asked carefully.

"Why is Harry calling you Daddy?" Draco asked curiously. It was a legitimate question and to be honest he was just curious.

"I'll tell you later dragon," Severus said quietly, not up for explaining the reasoning's at this time. As he himself wasn't completely sure of it either, nor what it might mean for Harry and him in the future. That was much too heavy thinking for it being this early in the morning. 

"Why not now Uncle Sebbus? Why won't you tell me now?" Draco whined out, he was used to everyone doing what he wanted, when he wanted. It had been a long while since he had stayed with his godfather or he would have remembered that the man refused to bend to his will like his parents often did.

"Because Grandpa Albus is coming within a half hour and if you're not finished eating you'll miss seeing him out the floo," Severus said slyly.

Draco blanched, his godfather's words having the desired effect as the small blonde boy quickly shut up and turned back to eat his food.

Harry looked up threw his fringe, trying to slyly watch the dark haired man. He wanted to be held close to him, but he knew that he would have to wait. He gasped softly before turning back to his breakfast, as he had almost gotten caught watching the man.

Severus was holding back a grin, clearly amused as he noted the child watching him out of the corner of his eye. Every time he made contact to turn around Harry pretended he wasn't looking at him. It was all very cute, if he was being honest and had Lupin not been at the table he would have playfully teased the child. As it was the man was there and he wondered why the man wasn't speaking. He was pulled from his musings as Harry started talking.

"Do you wike da bweakfast Daddy?" Harry asked softly.

"I do, Missy doesn't normally make pancakes but these are fantastic," Severus told him with a rare grin.

Neville's eyes turned to look over at Harry was who beaming at the praise and he shook his head as he sipped at his juice before putting the cup down. He sighed but honestly he couldn't just sit here, not when he knew in his heart what the truth was.  "Harry made bweakfast again P'fessor, not Missy," he stated calmly.

Severus turned his neck around so fast he swore he heard it crack. He stared unseeingly at the Longbottom heir for sure that the boy was obviously lying. There was no way in hell that Lily's child had made all of this, or had he? He swallowed thickly, hoping that it wasn't true as his eyes narrowed.

"Come again, Mr. Longbottom?" Severus asked him quietly.

Neville shook his head in amusement, feeling the disbelief radiating from the man not to mention his face. He knew it wouldn't be in his best interest to laugh so he didn't. He gave a firm nod however, wanting the man to set everything right.

"Yestewday Harry hewped Missy cook, because you didn't tell her not to let Harry cook. And so this morning, I fink Harry told Missy he was gonna cook all of it," Neville said seriously.

"Why would he do that?" Severus asked, even as he turned to look at the green eyed child in concern. "Harry why would you do that?"

"Cause Hawwy wanna live hewe all da time wiff his new daddy," Harry answered softly.

Remus gave a cross between a gasp and a choked off sob before he shook his head. "Don't mind me," he muttered out as took a sip of his tea.

Severus raised an eyebrow at the man before his eyes were riveted back on the brown haired boy. He knew that Harry wasn't going to say much else given the child's upbringing.

"I think he felt that if he cooked for you, that you would keep him," Neville said with a nod before he glanced at Harry and gave a firm nod at the hope that was clearly radiating off the other boy. "Yeah dat's it,"

"Oh," Severus said, as that was the only thing that he could say in that moment.

He got a sudden sickened feeling in his stomach as he realized the truth in the child's statement but he didn't stop eating. He knew if he did then Harry would assume that he didn't like it. The child was just so starved for affection he would not be going down that route again. The mood at the table went silent as the occupants of the manor finished their breakfast in peace.

Severus made sure that all the boys had clean hands and faces before they were allowed to leave the table. He would need to wake up early tomorrow so he could catch Harry in the act. This was a delicate situation and he would tread carefully so as not to hurt the child.  He stood up and stretched turning to look at the still silent werewolf, wondering what was going through that man's mind.

"Something you wish to share Lupin?" Severus asked him in amusement. "Perhaps get something off your chest?" He taunted lightly.

Remus sat up and turned his gaze to the man across from him with a frown. "I don't think this was a good idea, I think it's best if I leave," Remus told him stiffly as he stood up.

Severus shook the hair out of his eyes too look at the man in confusion, now totally unsure of what the hell had happened to the man. What was going on?

"Do you mind enlightening on what that is?" Severus drawled out.

"It's a few things, but nothing I wish to go into at this time.  When Albus gets here I will be informing him of my decision," Remus said tiredly.

"Whatever Lupin," Severus said with a half of a shrug. He wasn't about to beg the man to go. "You're going to have to explain to Harry and Neville why you're leaving. I won't be doing your dirty work for you," he hissed out as he made his way out the kitchen. Severus wasn't even sure what provoked the man to begin with.

Remus shook his head to clear it, as he placed his palms flat against the table. He could feel the table's strength underneath his hands, and had he not had his self control probably would have demolished it. He didn't like feeling this way; Harry was James's boy not Severus's. He couldn't be here to hear this; it felt like his heart was breaking, especially when he felt how Sirius would take it.

His pack was all but naught, and he couldn't be around this, around that special little boy. Part of him felt stupid for giving up this unique experience but he couldn't live here and accept Harry calling Severus daddy. This just wasn't right; the man gave off a choked sob as the pain in his chest intensified.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In the floo room, Severus was sitting in a chair across from the fireplace. He just didn't understand the Gryffindor, the night before he had been alright and now he wasn't? He was unsure of why that was and all he could think on was how much the boys would be disappointed. He knew how Harry not to mention Neville would be greatly disappointed if the man went away. Not to mention, who else would be able to stay with them and help take care of all of the boys while he worked on a potion. It took Harry a little bit to get used to a person and he really didn't want to bring in someone new. He sighed as he laid his head back.

In that moment, the fireplace went green and out flooed Albus in his bright robes. The old man was grinning though his smile soon disappeared once he caught the expression on the potion master's face.

"What is it Severus?" Albus asked quickly as he moved away from the fireplace. He knew that Poppy was coming in after him and he didn't want for her to land on top of him.

"Something is eating at the wolf, he has informed me that he is leaving," Severus told him quietly as he sat up to look at his mentor.

Albus gave a firm nod, he would get to the bottom of this he was sure of it. "I will take care of it," he promised knowing the man really didn't need anymore stress.

Severus gave a firm nod, his eyes turning to look over at his fireplace in confusion as the floo flared green yet again. "Were you expecting someone?"

"Poppy is coming over to check how the boys are and how they are doing," Albus said with a smile.

"That's good, it will leave us with a bit of room to talk to the werewolf," Severus said with a nod.

Albus shook his head. "I will be talking to Remus alone Severus. Whatever it is that is plaguing him, I'm sure if he wanted you to know he would have said something," he replied gently.

Severus nodded standing up once the matron had flooed over. "Good Morning Poppy,"

Poppy smiled as she looked at the dour man in front of her. She could see something that hadn't been there when he had first left Hogwarts with the boys.  And she liked what she was currently seeing. "Good morning Severus, where are the tykes?"

"Upstairs in their playroom," Severus told her as he held his hand out for her medical bag to take. "I will lead you there," he told him.

Poppy nodded allowing the man to lead her up the stairs. Once up there she looked around at the manor, wondering which of the rooms the boys were when she heard the childish giggles and she gave a smile at the sounds.

Severus opened the door of the playroom, his eyes immediately pinpointing exactly where each of the three boys was.

"Aunt Poppy is here!" Draco screamed out as he took a leap from the top of the climbing structure to land in the foam pit in the corner.

"This is quite extensive Severus," Poppy noted in amusement as she watched the children play.

"That is purely Albus's fault, the old man has no restraint," Severus said fondly.

"That's good, they clearly love it," she said happily.

Severus agreed but kept quiet and moved to take a seat as the boys ran over to the healer, well two of them did. Harry strayed his way over to him and he was surprised when the little boy leaned on him.

"Are you having fun Harry?" Severus asked softly resisting the urge to lift the child up in his arms again.

"A lot of fun," Harry said sweetly as he looked up at the man happily. "Fank you,"

"For what?" Severus asked curiously.

"For evewyfing," the child stated calmly. "Hawwy is so happy hewe,"

Severus gently kissed the top of the raven head, as his throat got that clogged up feeling again.  "You are very welcome," he whispered out.

Harry smiled happily wishing to stay in this magical place forever and to never ever return back to his Aunt and Uncle again.  Harry turned back to look at Poppy watching in awe as she waved her wand first over Neville and then over Draco, he knew his time was next but this time he wasn't scared.

"I'm weady Aunt Poppy," Harry told her as he stepped away from Severus and to come to a stand in front of the woman.

Poppy only smiled, she could clearly see the change in the child in front of her and it was clearly for the better. She scanned him, noting that he of course was still underweight but with Severus monitoring his potions and food intake she knew he wouldn't be behind for long.

"You are all done Harry," she told him cheerfully as she bent down to kiss his forehead.

"Fanks!" Harry said happily as he bounced back over to Severus, he enjoyed every single time he got affection especially kisses.

Poppy laughed turning her attention to Neville who was smiling at her bashfully and she wondered as to what that was. "What is it honey?" She asked kindly.

"May I talk to you about somefing?" Neville asked her shyly.

"Of course," she said taking his hand and making her way over to a corner of the room. She knew she couldn't take too long, as she could see the expression on Draco's face and knew it wouldn't take too long for the Malfoy heir to protest via jealously whether he was aware of it or not.

Neville waited until she had taken a seat before he climbed into her lap. On a normal day if he had been with his Gran he wouldn't have done it. But living here he noticed they had a different set of rules. He smiled up at her brightly.

"I haff a secwet that I hafta share wiff you," he told her seriously.

"You do? And just what would that be?" She asked curiously.

"The P'fessor loves Harry," Neville told her shyly.

Poppy's eyebrows rose up involuntarily. "How do you know that?" She asked in amusement.

"I can feel it," he told her happily. "And Gwanpa Albus loves Dwaco," he added.

"I think Albus loves all of you, as does Severus," Poppy told him afraid for a moment that he might feel that he wasn't getting enough attention.

"I know that," he told her plainly. "But Gwanpa Albus don't know dat he love Dwaco yet, and neither does the P'fessor," he said plainly.

Poppy was amused by this conversation and to say she wasn't would be lying.  She wasn't sure just what was going on but she would be getting to the bottom of this eventually.

"Awe you laffing at me?" Neville asked after a moment as he stared in her eyes.

"I'm not," she answered honestly as she looked at him in concern.

Neville frowned as he slid off her lap and shook his head. "You'we magic is waffing at me," he said angrily. "Dats not nice!" He yelled out at her before he turned and ran away from the woman.

Poppy stood up in confusion, unsure just what in the world had happened. She turned to look at Severus who was watching Neville disappear into the ball pit. She sighed as she made her way to him, lifting Draco up in her arms on the way.

"What exactly happened there? Why was he screaming?" Severus asked in concern as that was very unlike the polite child he had come to know.

"I'm not entirely sure; he told me that my magic was laughing at him. It's all very confusing," she said with a shake of her head.

"Yes well, we all found out yesterday that Mr. Longbottom is empathetic," Severus informed her with a shake of his head in amusement.

"I was amused at what he told me and he misinterpreted it," she said with a smile as she realized what exactly had happened.

"What did he tell you?" Severus asked his curiosity peaked.

"It's not my place to say," she answered mysteriously before she turned and headed with Draco towards the ball pit.

Harry hugged the dark man tightly as he watched the healer walk away. He looked up at the man happily and sighed.

"What is Harry?" Severus asked hearing the sigh.

"I've nevew been dis happy befowe," he admitted shyly.

"I'm glad I could be the reason for it," Severus said softly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back downstairs Albus was frowning as he sat across from Remus. No sooner had Severus disappeared upstairs had the Gryffindor appeared. He could see the man looked tired and he knew it wasn't because of the full moon, that had already passed.  He couldn't fathom what else could be wrong, as Remus had been fine yesterday.

"What is the matter my dear boy?" He asked quietly.

"I don't think I can be here Headmaster," Remus admitted softly.

"Why not?" Albus pressed firmly.

"Harry has decided to call Severus his dad, and we both know that James Potter is his father," Remus bit out bitterly.

Albus hid a smile then, so this was the reason why. "Harry knows that, and so does Severus. What is the real issue Remus? Are you jealous?"

Remus had the good grace to blush before he gave a small shrug. "A bit, but more hurt then anything. I don't want Harry to forget who his father was, who died for him. Snape can't take his place," he rushed out.

"I don't believe Severus is trying to take James's place, but you have to realize something Remus. James and Lily's Potter died, and they left a lonely little boy behind. He is starved for love and affection, but he loves greatly. He has found someone who will protect and love him to the best of his ability. Would you really wish that Severus and Harry dissolve this bond?" Albus said gently.

"No of course not Headmaster," Remus said quickly as he bent his head. "I just don't want him to forget,"

"And he won't, not with you and Sirius telling him stories about his parents. You and Sirius knew James better than anyone else. However Severus knew Lily more than any of us. Do you see what I mean?" Albus explained gently.

Remus sighed, he did understand and he was aware that his feeling was a bit foolish. Harry would never forget his parents but he would really want the child to grow up without another? He knew that once Sirius was ready that Harry wouldn't get the best parenting as his best friend was childish at best. He sighed, knowing this was right it was a bitter pill to swallow if he could admit that. And he could, he wasn't ashamed of his mistakes.

"I understand," he replied softly.

"Good," Albus told him happily as he smiled at the man. "Besides you seemed to forget that there were 2 other boys in dire need of guidance. Severus is only one man, if you leave where will that leave Neville?" He said just to make sure the man would stick with it.

Remus winced knowing that the old man was speaking the truth. Neville was a whole different story at best. He himself had somehow gained the child's trust and he knew he had to be careful that he wouldn't misplace it.

"What is the plan for today?" Remus wanted to know.

"We are going to get a Christmas tree and then decorate it," Albus said cheerfully.

"Severus is going to allow that?" Remus asked skeptically.

"Harry has never decorated a tree before, he will allow it," Albus said sadly.

Remus gave a curt nod as he looked at the man. "What has been done to the Durselys?"

"Nothing set, at the moment we are collecting evidence of their abuse and once Harry is back to his normal age we will proceed from there," the old man replied.

"And what of Neville?" Remus wanted to know.

"I will be watching that one myself; Augusta is a very strong willed woman," Albus admitted.

"Abuse is abuse," Remus told him quietly.

"I know, this is also why I know that Severus is the best to help," Albus admitted slyly. If the man ever had any doubts this he was sure to make a bit more sense.

Remus only gave a low growl; he had known when he was child that Severus wasn't treated well. He often smelled the blood underneath his clothes, but he didn't want to be noticed as a child so he said nothing. Who was he too out someone's secret?

Albus stood up and clapped his hand as he gave the man a twinkling grin. "I'm most excited to see Draco, I can hear whining now," he said with a bright smile.

Remus stood up as well and looked at the man curiously. "We had noticed, we're not exactly sure why you too are so close," he admitted.

Albus just gave him a twinkling gaze before the old man was hurrying up the stairs with the werewolf hot on his trails.

~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&

In the playroom, Severus was smirking as he heard what could only be Albus coming up the stairs. He could see that his godson was enjoying himself with Neville and Poppy, but he was testing something. Neville knew something and he would be finding out what.

"Draco, I believe you Grandpa Albus is coming up the stairs now," Severus told him cheerfully.

Draco stopped from where he had been crawling through the tubes to look at his godfather happily. It didn't take long for the little blonde child to exit the tube and take a running leap into the ball pit. He landed softly, as he knew that his godfather and Grandfather had placed cushioning charms all over.

"Severus what in the world," Poppy stated trailing off as she followed the small child.

"Just watch Aunt Poppy, you'll see," Neville told her mysteriously. He could feel the old man's magic getting closer and he had no control of the smile that spread over his face. The old man's magic was so strong and happy, it warmed him straight up. He could only imagine what it did to Draco. Which reminded him to turn back to watch.

Draco got up and ran towards the door, which opened before he got to it. A wide grin lit up the blonde boy's face as he took a running leap at the old man. "Granpa!" He cooed.

Albus caught the small boy instinctively as he cuddled the boy close to him. He tossed him in the air lovingly watching as the boy giggled and laughed. It had been a long time since he had felt like this, since before Ariana. He squashed the thought and buried his face into the small boy's hair. He could worry about that later, but he wouldn't fail Draco like he did her.

"How are you Draco?" Albus asked happily.

"I'm awight, but I'm happy now that you'we here wiff me. I was getting so bored wiffout you," Draco told the man seriously.

"Oh no, we can't have that," Albus replied with a bright grin as he snuggled the child.

The other adults in the room were watching the unfolding scene with varying expressions of awe and confusion being the most dominant one.

"This I approve of," Poppy stated quietly as she watched the scene. "And I can see what you mean Neville," she added.

"What did Neville say?" Severus asked his ears perking up as he turned to look at the healer.

Poppy only gave the man a sly grin before turning back to the scene in front of her.

Albus soon settled Draco on his hip, and turned to face his companions with a look of confusion, wondering why he and his little charge was the main attraction. "Hello," he said with a smile.

"We'll I see you all are in good hands, and the boys are in good health. I will be seeing you all in a few days," Poppy said her silly grin still on her face as she walked out of the room.

Severus stood up with Harry in his arms as he made his way over towards his mentor and godson. "Are you ready Albus? I see you got the wolf to stay," he said as he looked back over at Remus.

"We are ready and Remus has had a change of heart," Albus stated plainly as he ruffled Harry's hair elated to find that the child didn't flinch away from him as he had so done that first day he had been deaged.

"Where are we going today Grandpa Albus?" Neville asked cheerfully from where he was leaning shyly on Remus's leg.

"We are getting a tree so you boys can decorate and do with as you wish," Albus said happily.

"Coow," Harry breathed out excitedly as he started bouncing happily in Severus's arms.

"Where are we going to get it?" Remus asked in confusion.

"We passed a muggle tree farm yesterday when we were in Manchester," Severus stated quietly as he gave the man a wary look. He didn't know what Albus had managed to say to convince the man to stay with them. And at the moment he wasn't feeling very charitable, as it was he wasn't about to make a scene right now. Lupin meant nothing to him.

"And as we all know the location of the alley that the Knight bus dropped us off yesterday we can just apparate there," Albus said hastily. He was not looking forward for another trip on that monstrosity.

"Good," Draco breathed a sigh of relief. "I don't like dat bus,"

Severus shook his head in amusement as he looked at the child in his arms. "If you can grab a set of extra clothes for all of the boys Albus, I will head downstairs and pack some food for them," He told the old man. He didn't want to make a necessary stop like yesterday, not to mention he realized when they were with muggles that meant no magic. And the last thing he wanted to be was caught out in the muggle world without being prepared.

"Why do we need extwa cwothes?" Harry asked softly.

"For askidents Harry," Neville told him smartly."That way we don't hafta come back so soon,"

Albus gave a solemn nod as he looked down at the child. "That is correct, we will meet you downstairs Severus," he said as headed out the room with Draco.

Severus said nothing to the wolf who had been silent; he was through with the man. Lupin never did have a backbone and he wouldn't be making the same mistake he had made yesterday. Without a backwards glance he and Harry headed out the room and downstairs to the kitchen.

"When you bwing snacks, do Haw-I get some too?" Harry asked softly.

"Of course you do Harry, when you're hungry you just let me know and you may have some food. I will never withhold food from you," he promised the child seriously.

"Okay," Harry stated cheerfully, as he sat on the counter top content to watch the man pack their food.

~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~

Back in the playroom, Remus was shaking his head in disbelief. He knew that Severus could hold a grudge and he knew that the man had every reason to doubt him. He had been about to give up this opportunity to spend time with the boys because of some personal feelings that weren't even irrelevant at this time anymore. He sighed before he glanced down at the quiet child below him.

"Was there anything you wanted to bring with you?" Remus asked kindly.

"Nope, but I think we shouwd go and bwing Harry's deer," Neville told him with a firm nod.

"Do you think he would like that?" The Gryffindor questioned.

"Yes dat's Harry's most favowite thing," Neville promised him.

"Then I guess we'd better go get that, we don't want to have Harry sad," Remus said seriously.

Neville gave a nod of agreement. "What do you want to bwing? We don't want you sad eithew," he told the man with a look.

Remus gave a small smile, knowing if it had been any other child he would have been fooled. As it was this particular child, he knew he had been caught out.

"I'm fine Neville, I just needed a moment earlier to come to grips with something's," Remus told him.

Neville was giving the man a knowing look. "You were jealous I fink, and mad too," he said softly.

"I was, but I know that this is for the best. Harry needs this," Remus replied quietly.

"So does the P'fessor, he don't know it yet though. He needs Harry so much," Neville admitted worriedly.

"Why does he need him so much?" Remus asked being careful to keep his tone light, knowing that the boy tended to be vague at best. And he didn't want it to seem like he was too into the conversation even though he was.

"The P'fessor is so very sad, like Granpa Albus is only its almost worser. He has nobody Uncle Remus and he knows it and that's really bad," Neville said slowly, trying to explain the feeling that the five year old felt.

"Why is it bad?" Remus asked quietly.

"He doesn't care what happens to himself, but when Harry is there he cares so much what happens to him. It makes the black spot on him almost disappear," Neville said as he scrunched his face up in confusion.

"I see," Remus said slowly and he did and by Merlin it was starting to scare him. And to think he hadn't wanted Harry or Severus to get closer, he may not have liked the man in his youth but he didn't want him to die. If anything they were in this together on the same side, Allies if you will and he knew what an important role Severus's was to their side of the war.

"Do you know what that black stuff is on his magic?" Neville asked after a moment.

"I do," Remus said thickly, he was in no way about to explain it to the child below him though.

"What is it? I know it's bad magic," Neville wondered out loud.

"I think that's enough talk about this right now, I had one more thing I wanted to know Neville," Remus said completely changing the subject. He would need to discuss his findings with Albus only tonight. No doubt Severus didn't' want them to know about this, but he would be damned if he just ignored this. He was starting to see how much the man meant to Harry or all the boys.

Neville was aware that the man had no intention of telling him, but it didn't bother him too much. He knew it was bad and what that meant, in all honesty he didn't mind changing the subject. He loved that the man liked talking to him; his Gran never seemed to like hearing his voice much.

"What did you want to know?" He asked curiously.

"Albus and Draco, why are they so close?" Remus asked lightly.

Neville gave the man a rather serious look them, contemplating what he should say before he shook his head. "I can't tell you evewyfing Uncle Remus," he finally said with a sigh.

"That's okay, I don't really need to know," Remus said with a grin to show the boy that he wasn't mad at him at all.

Neville gave a sigh of relief, reaching up for the man to be picked up. Once he was in his arms, he steadied himself, glad that the man wasn't going to push it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Downstairs Severus had a small weightless backpack on his back. He didn't want to get tired of carrying their things especially when they couldn't unshrink it. He knew that it was bottomless which meant they were prepared for just about everything they needed. He was waiting by the fireplace with Harry who he noticed was back to watching him. He leaned forward and kissed the toddler's nose softly, earning a soft giggle in return.

He turned around as Lupin and Neville finally made their decent downstairs. He didn't bother addressing the man, still not in the mood to deal with him.

"We can floo to the Leaky Cauldron and then Apparate, or we can apparate from here. However if we do it from here, it's a far longer and stressful apparition on the children," Severus warned them. He was already prepared with stomach soothers and the likes, but he didn't want to use them if he didn't have too.

"I think we should floo then Severus," Albus replied after a moment, knowing it was the best option for them.

"Before we go I think it would be best if Neville, Harry and Draco all have a go at the toilet," Remus said remembering the nerve-racking trek to the toilets in muggle Manchester yesterday. He was trying to prevent that from happening.

"That's a brilliant idea Remus," Albus said as he set Draco on his feet.

Severus sneered at the man but he did set Harry down as well. "Go on," he told him watching as the raven-haired child obediently headed towards Neville. Unsurprisingly it was his godson who seemed to have the issue with that.

"Granpa Albus, I don't gotta go," Draco was pleading with him.

"Oh, well maybe you can just try then," Albus said in a soothing tone, knowing it was better to be safe than sorry.

"I don't wanna twy," Draco whined out.

Severus opened his mouth to speak then knowing that Albus wouldn't want to argue with the child, only to audibly close it when the man retorted back.

"Then I guess you don't want to go out and pick a Christmas tree, or decorate it. While Neville and Harry do, you'll be stuck here in the corner instead," the old man told him with a frown. "And then you won't get to play with your Grandpa at all," he added knowing if nothing else that would get the stubborn boy to move.

Sure enough Draco's eyes went wide as saucers, his hands giving the long beard a squeeze before he turned to run out the room. "Don't weave wiffout me Granpa Albus!" He called over his shoulder.

"I won't," Albus said with a smirk as he turned to look at Severus.

"I for sure thought that you were going to cave," Severus admitted with a look.

"If it had of been for anything else, I would have," Albus said with a smile. "I knew if he didn't go now the moment we got to the tree farm he would have needed it. It would have completely ruined his day if he were to have an accident," he stated knowingly.

Severus could only stare at the old man in disbelief, as what he had used was clearly a Slytherin tactic if he ever saw one.

"Honestly Severus, I've been the Headmaster for over 25 years, and a Professor years before that. You pick up quite a few things when it comes to dealing with stubborn children," he continued happily.

Severus shook his head but wasn't able to say anything as he heard the pattering of little feet and he knew that the boy's were finished. He bent down so he would be at their level as they all ran into the room.

"Are your hands washed?" He asked, making sure to get contact which each set of eyes.

"Yes Uncle Sebbus, Neville made us all wash our hands," Draco said with a sigh as he turned to go back to the old man.

Severus picked up Harry, blowing a raspberry on the side of his neck, relishing when it brought forth a laugh from the child. He loved that he could make the child happy, who would have thought. He honestly couldn't believe it, if someone had told him that he would willingly hold the child of James Potter, he would have laughed in their face. He shook his head, ridding himself of the thought before he headed over to the fireplace with Harry.

"We are going to take the floo again," Severus told him, knowing the child would like to know things before. It was just the way he grew up, and the dour man knew even to this day he himself hated surprises.

"Dat's fine," Harry chirped out as he allowed himself to be picked up.

"May I floo alone?" Neville asked hopefully as he watched Harry and his Professor disappeared into the green flames.

Remus turned to look at the boy with a look of disbelief. "Way to young Neville, you could get lost somewhere and that would be extremely dangerous," he told him seriously as he picked his charge up making sure to hold him securely.

Neville only giggled, the man was so protective of them. He grinned before he settled down in the man's arms. He looked around the crowded pub with a look of disinterest but he was definitely people watching. He could see Harry but he knew better then to call out his name. As Draco and the old man came out the floo, he trotted happily out the pub with his guardians and to the side alley.

"See you in a bit," Severus told them before he turned and disappeared on the spot, with an inaudible pop.

Harry gasped for a moment at the strange sensation, but when he opened his eyes they were somewhere else.

"What was dat?" He asked the more timidly.

"Apparation, it means we can go one place without needing to take the bus," Severus said trying to give an answer the toddler boy would actually understand. He heard the other two appear a few places away from him and chose that moment to walk out of the alley way and back out where he saw the Tree farm. He chatted amicably with the little boy, aware that the child seemed to be soothed by his voice. He wanted Harry as comfortable as he possibly could be without the aid of potions.

Albus was taking up the rear, holding a chatty Draco as the old man looked around in wonder. It had been a long time since he had visited the muggle world and so he was enjoying every bit of the trip. Not to mention, the company he was currently with.

"Granpa Albus? C'n we get da biggest twee dere?" Draco asked hopefully.

Albus's eyes twinkled in amusement. "I don't think your godfather would appreciate that Draco," he said honestly.

Draco only gave a little grin. "He will if Harry ask for it," he chirped. He had noticed his godfather couldn't seem to say no to his friend. And while normally he would be irritated about that, the fact was; no one else had been held by his Grandpa Albus but him. So he had no room for complaining, and at the moment it didn't actually matter.

"He just might," Albus said with a fond laugh, knowing that was most definitely true.

Draco sighed contently as he twirled a bit of the old man's beard in his fingers as he looked around in wonder. "After da twee fawm can we go to da pawk?" He asked hopefully.

"We'll see," Albus answered slowly. He thought that was a splendid idea however he wanted to run it past Severus to see if the man was up for it.

"Kay," the little boy clapped excitedly as he just knew that the answer was going to be yes.

Severus turned back to see why his godson was clapping happily, before shaking his head in amusement. Honestly Draco and Albus acted exactly alike so it was of no surprise that they loved being together. He absently brushed his lips across the top of the raven haired head in his arms. He couldn't explain the urges he was having to fight off right now , it was ridiculous. Merlin, he was turning into a bloody Hufflepuff from the amount of hugs he had given the child.  

"The tree farm is just a block up from here," he informed his companions as if they couldn't see in front of them.

"Good, I know the boys are eagered to get there," Remus said softly.

"Once there, it is up to you three boys to pick which tree we shall have and take with us. No fighting, if you do I will be picking them out," Severus told them, making sure to keep both Neville's and Draco's eye for a moment. Harry was pressed somewhere in his coat, so he had no hope to make eye contact there. Not that he expected the child to fight, if anything he hoped that Harry would act out like a normal boy. He needed to realize that Severus wasn't going to hurt him.

"After we get the twee P'fessor, c'n we get a hot drink and snack too?" Neville asked softly.

"Why would we do that?" Severus asked slowly.

"Well I saw other kids getting those tweats when my Gwan and Uncle Algie took me to get a twee last year," Neville told him quietly, feeling slightly embarrassed now as he turned his gaze to his boots.

"What about you? They didn't give you a hot drink and snack?" Severus asked quietly when it became apparent that the child wasn't going to elaborate on it.

"Squibs don't get special things like that; I have to pwove that I deserve to get it. I don't want to pwove my worth," the little boy whispered out tearfully before he shook his head anxiously. "Never mind, I don't want a dwink," he added sadly.

Severus bit his jaw to keep his expression the same as it was, only a small breath was let out in response to the child. He had perfect control over his emotions, as he didn't want the child to misunderstand them. He was livid on the inside, that the child had been denied so many small things, one wouldn't normally think about. But to see the outcome of those choices, how something so little had the most impact, it was gut-wrenching.

"Not to worry Neville, I think we can squeeze that into our schedule. A little hot chocolate and cookies never hurt anybody," Remus chirped once he realized that Severus wasn't going to be able to speak.

Nothing else was said, the next half a block to the tree farm. Severus was too into his thoughts to even attempt conversation, and Albus and Draco were both in their own worlds. Remus and Neville were both content in the silence so words weren't needed.  As they entered the entrance of the tree farm, Severus took that moment to discreetly spell the child in his arms.  He had already glamoured the scar on the top of the child's forehead this was just a precautionary tracking spell, just in case. He gently bent down to set the boy on his own two feet.

"Hawwy walk?" Harry asked with a sigh.

"Yes you little lazy thing, you have to walk so you can pick out our tree," Severus told him with a laugh.

"But I wike being carried," Harry said with a small pout. He didn't mind walking, but when one was being held in strong, safe arms, why in the world would he want to give that up?

"Do you, I will keep that in mind," he said with a smirk.

Harry huffed good naturedly before he grinned as he pulled away from the man to reach out for his friends.

"Let's go pick a big twee!" Draco cheered as he grabbed onto Harry's hand.

Neville giggled but he followed suit and the three boys ran down the lot looking for their perfect tree.

"I have to commend you on the job Severus, you are making very good progress with Harry," Albus told the dark haired man as they fondly watched the boy's run off.

"Yes well, I'm trying," Severus said ignoring the glow that threatened to explode in his chest at the praise. It was still hard for him to accept praise, but that was the way he was raised he supposed. Which is why he hoped to break Neville and Harry of that, they didn't need the awkwardness and uncertainness that came with that. Not knowing how to take and accept a compliment.

"And you're doing a marvelous job," Albus added with a smile as they started walking down the path. The boys were still in their direct line of sight and since they had came early, it was still devoid of a lot of people so they weren't worried about losing the boys.

Remus gave a small nod at that, though a grin threatened to overtake his own face. He knew that the Slytherin didn't like to accept praise, but Remus agreed with Albus. Severus was doing a damn good job.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few ways from the men, the boys were bouncing around trying to see what the best tree was for ‘their house'. They were unsure of just how big they could go, just that they knew every tree they saw was big to them.

"I fink we should get dat one," Draco pointed at an overly huge tree to the left of them. He knew it was massive, he couldn't even see too the top as it was so high, but he was used to seeing trees like this in his Manor.

"Nope, that's too big the P'fessor will fweak out," Neville said with a giggle as he turned in a circle to try to find a tree that the man would approve of.

Draco pouted but he knew his godfather wouldn't like it. "Otay, well let's find anodder one. And you hafta look too Harry," he told him seriously.

Harry nodded solemnly, feeling a smile cross his face. He was going to get to help pick the tree and get to decorate it. Could this day get any better?

Neville made a small noise before he grabbed Harry's hand as they quickly followed Draco. He knew his friend like to run, so it was to his amusment and Harry's confusion when the blonde boy suddenly stopped and started walking backwards to them. He looked at the boy in disbelief.

"Dwaco what you doing?" Harry asked, unsure how someone could be walking backwards like that.

"Gwanpa Albus's magic bwought me back here. I went too far," Draco said with a pout.

Neville snickered, but he knew that the old man obviously knew how to handle Draco. Hence why he knew they were good for each other. It was with that, that the brown haired boy was still laughing as they slowly made their way to another tree.

Harry was unsure of how long they walked around, only that they were surrounded by trees, but he wasn't scared. He knew that Neville had his hand and if he turned around he could see his Daddy and Uncle, so what did he have to be frightened for? As he turned to go around another corner, he suddenly froze as he took a good look at the tree currently in front of him. It was about the same size or just a few inches bigger than his daddy. He leaned forward to touch the tree, before he took a deep breath. The scents of the pine welcoming him, as he backed up too really look at it; it was perfect. He wasn't sure how long he stood their only that Neville soon noticed he was no longer behind him and turned back around to find him.

"Harry was it, why did you stop?" Neville asked worriedly as he came back around the corner.

"I...I fink I found da twee," Harry breathed out softly, afraid for the moment that they might decide that it wasn't good enough. He just knew it was the perfect one, but what if no one else did?

Neville glanced at the tree and back to Harry before he chewed his lip thoughtfully. "Let me get Dwaco," he told him before he ran back to get the blonde boy.

Draco was playing hide and seek with his Grandpa in-between the trees, and was giggling hysterically as the old man tried to hide from him. Draco always found him by the beard, he was too young realize that the old man was deliberately leaving his beard out so the child could find it. He gave off a childish squeal as he threw himself at the man and hugged him tightly, looking down in surprise when Neville suddenly appeared.

"Harry found a twee," Neville told him cheerfully. "He wants you to come see," Neville added just in case Draco didn't get it.

Draco nodded eagerly; truthfully he had forgotten their quest for the perfect tree. Especially as 15 minutes ago, his Grandpa had engaged him in a game, but now he was curious to see what Harry had found. He wiggled down and ran after Neville, knowing in his gut that even if this was the ugliest tree he had ever seen he would say yes for Harry.

Harry by now was standing with Remus and Severus who seemed to agree that the tree was a good enough size. It wasn't too big or too small. Though it one was being honest, it could stand to be a bit bigger, but as Harry had picked this one out himself, no one seemed incline to choose another.

"I wike it," Draco said after a minute, happy that he didn't have to lie either. He did like it, it was a very good tree.

"It is a very good one, Harry you did very good," Neville praised him with a bright smile.

Harry blushed darkly at the praise as he looked at his shoes before he turned to look up at his guardian. "Can we get dis one?" He asked hopefully.

"Without a doubt," Severus said without missing a beat as Remus went forward to pick it up. The tree wasn't heavy by anyone's standards, it was just with the man's wolf strength, it would be like picking up nothing.

Harry nodded happily as he clasped his hands in Severus's before he looked up to the man through the fringe in his hair. "Awe we gonna get a tweat now?" He asked softly.

"As soon as we make it back up to the front, they had a concession stand where we came in," Severus promised him.

Albus reached out a hand to grab Neville's as Remus's while his hand wasn't full, it would have garnered them a lot of attention to see a man carrying any size tree with one hand and a small child in the other. The walk up to the front was filled with the chatters of the two little boys on the side of him, with his laughter thrown in every once in a while.

Once they came up to the front, Severus paid for the tree before he directed each child to a bench and made them take a seat before he pulled out their small cups from his bag. He then went to the vendor to buy a round of hot drinks for all of them as well as the cookies that came with it. He knew without a doubt that the boys would be hyped up on sugar but it wasn't an option of not getting them this.

They had been very good and deserved this treat. As he poured their drinks into their sippy cups, knowing the cup themselves were going to charm the liquid to a good temperature he wasn't worried about burns or leaks. He loved magic that was for sure. He took a seat before he gave each boy their cup and cookie before handing them out to his companions.

"They are going to be in the throes of a sugar rush after this," Remus remarked dryly.

"I know," Severus said with a shake of his head.

Albus saw his opening and grinned. "Well, we could always stop at a park, and they can run it all off," he stated casually.

Severus narrowed his eyes as he looked to the man, as Albus sounded a bit too innocent for that to be just spur of the moment. "I see," he said slowly.

"Yes as well as give us some moments to ourselves and to reflect what we can do for tomorrow," he added.

"Isn't it a bit cold to be heading to the park?" Remus pointed out.

"Well no, the snow isn't sticking here in Manchester like it is in London. It's a bit cold, but nothing a few well placed warming charms can't take care of. And if I'm not mistaken, Severus has already spelled both their inner and outer layers with it," Albus added.

Remus gave off a chuckle as he turned to look at his former Headmaster. "You have really thought this through,"

Albus made a small sound at that as he turned his gaze to Severus. "That is a good way for them to burn it off," he said simply.

"Fine we shall go to the park, I assume you know of one in the vicinity?" Severus said knowing he wouldn't be getting out of going to the park especially not when the boys had heard their conversation. He glanced at Harry and could see the hopeful glint in those emerald eyes and he knew immediately the answer was going to be yes.

"I do, there is one not 3 blocks away," Albus said with a giddy feeling as he turned to Draco and smiled. "We're going to the park love,"

"Yes," Draco cheered happily as he bounced excitedly in his seat. He knew his Grandpa Albus could do it.

"I knew I smelled a plot," Severus said as he gave Draco a mock scowl.

Draco only giggled happily at that expression before he turned back to his friends and started jabbering away.

Harry for his part was flabbergasted at the turn of events. Never in a million years did he think that his Professor would willingly take them to the park. He saw how the man was in their playroom; he never played with them like their Grandpa Albus. So for the man to actually say that they could go to the park the little boy was ecstatic.

He was planning on having a good time, as whenever he went to the park with his relatives he was always alone and hungry. Now he was warm and full and ready to play, and it was with that thought in mind that he quickly gulped down his warm chocolate drink and finished his cookie in record time.

"Good job Harry," Severus told him as he looked at the child once he saw that he was finished.

"Fank you," Harry told him shyly as he moved from his spot on the bench before crawling on the man's lap. This was honestly his favorite place to be.

Severus rested his chin on the small head as he drank his coffee, his free hand gently tickling the small stomach.

Harry gave off a small giggle, content to sit there and wait until it was time to go. "Do I hafta walk to da pawk?" He asked after a moment.

"Not unless you want too," was the honest reply from the Potion's Master.

"I don't wanna walk," Harry said quickly.

"Of course you don't," Severus said not at all surprised.

It didn't take long for everyone to finish up with their snacks, and 10 minutes later they had packed everything up and were walking down the sidewalk once more. They made their way to an Alley and after casting the necessary charms to keep the muggles from noticing Remus shrunk the tree before it was placed in the bag before they resumed their walk to the park.

As Severus didn't know where the park was he was relying solely on Albus, who thankfully didn't lead them all astray.  The park came into view about 15 minutes later and be blew out a breath he hadn't known he was holding. For a moment he was starting to get a bit worried as there hadn't been a park in the first few blocks and he didn't want to disappoint the children, or more importantly Harry. He relished in the thought that Harry thought he could do no wrong.

 Oh he was the furthest thing from perfect but to that little boy he was everything and he didn't want to mess it up. As he got a look at the park, he was happy to note that there seemed to be a fence around the area. It wasn't much but at least he knew the children couldn't stray too far.

"We're here," Severus whispered in the child's ear, and was rewarded when the boy looked up in surprise.

"Can I go pway?" Harry asked hopefully.

"Of course you can, have fun," Severus told him easily as he set him on his feet before pointing out a bench in view of the structure. "We will be there,"

"Kay Uncle Sebbus," Draco told him happily as he leaned forward to kiss the old man's nose shyly before he ran for the swing set.

Severus couldn't stop the snort, nor the laugh that tried to escape once he caught the blush that seemed to be adorning the old man's face. It wasn't very often that one, especially a child got one over on the man, especially as the boy didn't even realize it.

Remus could only shake his head in amusement as he gave the boy in his arms a brief hug. "Have fun okay?"

"I will an' I'll wook aftew Harry and Dwaco," he promised.

"There is no need Neville, we are right here. You just have fun," Remus told him truthfully.

Neville looked at him in disbelief before he gave a small nod as he turned around and ran to his friends.

"So anything that needs my attention regarding the children?" Severus asked once all 3 of the boys were playing on the playground.

"Besides Neville needing to act like a child," Remus said with a frustrated sigh.

"We will work on that, or you will. He trusts you more, I'm making good progress with Harry," Severus said before he turned towards his mentor. "However I want to know what is going on between you and Draco," he told the old man with a pointed look.

Albus looked up at the man in surprise at that, before he gave a weak chuckle. "I honestly have no clue Severus," he admitted truthfully.

"You have no clue, how you seemed to have developed a strong bond with my godson?" Severus asked skeptically.

"I'm not sure," Albus said slowly, making sure to keep the confusion on his face. Oh he was sure he knew what was going on, he just didn't want to disclose it.

Many people tended to forget who he was and at times it's like they forget that he was human too. He had never thought he would have children or grandchildren for that matter so this opportunity that had present himself he had latched onto it. The love he felt for those boys he had thought he would never feel, not since Ariana. He didn't want to go into that now and he shook the memories away quickly before he could get lost in them.

"Albus," Severus asked quietly when it became apparent that the man's mind had wandered. He knew he wouldn't get any answers now, but he would eventually get to the bottom of this.

"I think I will join them," Albus told him quietly as he stood up from the bench and made his way towards the swing set.

Remus sighed. "I'm not sure if you should pry Severus, Neville told me that Albus needs Draco. I was able to get out that the man's magic was sad and lonely and Draco helps somehow, before he clammed up on me," he explained.

"I see," Severus said quietly and he did.

He knew that feeling, was very much acquainted with it. If it wasn't hurting anyone why would he try to stop it? Besides if anyone could get Draco away from Lucius's Malfoy's influence it would be Dumbledore, he would leave it alone for now. He sighed before he turned back to the converse with the wolf.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry laughed excitedly from where he was crawling through the tunnels on the structure. They were playing a small game of tag with Grandpa Albus being it and the little boys were all giggles as they tried to run away. He wasn't sure when he had first felt but as he stood up to go down the pole; the little boy gave off an unmistakable squirm. He knew that if he was facing the way the P'fessor and Uncle Remus were then they were would have whisked them all home.

Harry was afraid that if he told the men of his problem that they would have to go home early and he didn't want that. He gave a squeal of happiness as he saw the old man coming before he slid down the pole and ran to hide underneath the slide. He kept his laughter to himself, not wanting the man to find him and tag him yet. He enjoyed not being the one it, having always been forced to in the past.

The little boy stood there uncomfortable, his position getting more and more precarious until he almost couldn't stand it. Glancing right then left he didn't see the old man and it was with that he took off at a run, to head up the slide. He knew it was easier to see where everyone was if he was up high, and he was thankful for his knew boots as they had traction to climb up the slide. He was nearly at the top when suddenly, his grandpa Albus appeared.

"Boo!" Albus called out happily, a bit surprised as he had thought it would be Draco he would be surprising. He was slightly worried about frightening Harry and hoped that everything would be okay.

"Not it Gwanpa!" Harry giggled out as he turned to slide back down before running away towards the other slide. As he stood behind it to catch his breath, he swore his heart stopped for a moment.

Harry looked down and felt rather then saw, the liquid staining his new trousers. He gasped softly in horror as he realized the ramifications of his inactions. He had wet himself, in the park! He shook his head in denial, tears starting to cloud his sight. What was he going to do? He closed his eyes tight to wish it away but when he opened it nothing had happened. He didn't want to get in trouble and that always happened at the Durselys.

He choked on a sob before pressing his hand to his mouth to keep quiet; he really didn't want to be found now. Glancing around the park he saw the gate there so he knew there was no chance of leaving, and was unsure of what he was supposed to do. Where could he hide? He gasped suddenly as he realized he could go back to the tunnels and peeked out. He didn't see anyone and hurried to climb up the rope ladder to get there. He ducked into the tunnel and buried his face into his wet pants, afraid of what was going to happen if they found him.

It was Draco who brought the attention to them that Harry was gone first, albeit unknowingly at first. He had proudly slid down the slide by himself before he was jumping up and down anxiously in place.

"Draco, what is it?" Albus asked as he walked towards the child.

"I need a potty bweak," Draco told the man seriously.

"Good idea, let's go inform Severus and we'll go," Albus told him as he grabbed his hand and made his way to the two men who seemed to be in deep conversation.

"All played out?" Severus asked wryly.

"Probably, though for the moment Draco is in need of the facilities," Albus told them.

Severus glanced at his godson before he nodded, his eyes immediately searching out the other boys, finding Neville and swearing his own heart stopped when he didn't see Harry.

"Where's Harry?" He breathed out quietly as his head swiveled back and forth almost anxiously as he tried hard not to panic.

"I saw him by the slide not five minutes ago," Albus answered as he looked from Draco to Severus.

"He couldn't have left the park, it's all fenced in. He's probably hiding, you were all playing a game a moment before," Severus said with a firm nod trying to convince his own self. He turned to look at his godson. "Did you want me to take you dragon?" He asked feeling slightly guilty for not paying attention to his godson.

"No, Gwanpa Albus can take me," Draco told him cheerfully as he allowed the man to lead him to the toilets.

Severus wasn't sure where to start looking and didn't want to scare the children, by panicking. "Neville, do you know where Harry is?"

Neville gave a soft nod. "He's cwying," he told the man softly.

Severus clutched at his heart then, wondering just why that was. He only hoped the boy hadn't been hurt, feeling like he had failed him somehow. "Do you know why he's crying?"

Neville flushed as he looked at his shoes in embarrassment. "I fink he had an askident," he said quietly.

"Where is he?" Severus asked, feeling slightly better at the answers.

"In the tunnel," he told the man after a sigh.

Severus nodded as he hurried towards the structure, looking at it in amusement as he hoisted himself up there before he sobered up as he remembered the reason why he was doing this.

Remus heard the child sigh and frowned as he watched the boy's expression. It hurt his own heart as he himself had often had a similar one on his face when he had been a child, longing. He said nothing as they watched Severus climb on the structure.

Once he was up there, Severus contemplated his options. He wasn't a big man by any means, but it was laughable if one thought he could fit in the tunnels. And he could see Harry smack dab in the middle of it. And like the Longbottom heir had said, Harry was indeed crying. His heart went out to the boy, as he heard the quiet sobs.

"Harry, it's alright," Severus found himself saying quietly.

The little raven haired boy startled he had not heard the man climbing up here, granted he had been in his own little sad world for the most part. "Hawwy so sowwy!" He cried out.

Severus winced at the 3rd person, Harry had mostly gotten over that, but now it was back and he didn't like it. He didn't want the child afraid of having an accident, those were unfortunately life. "It's alright little one, I'm not mad at you," he said in a soothing tone.

Harry peeked his tear stained face up at the man, in disbelief, but a part of him knew that Severus wouldn't hurt him. The man had promised him as much, why did he doubt him? He knew that this wasn't like his relatives; he had to remember no matter how scary it was.

"Can you scoot towards me Harry? I'm not angry with you at all," he continued in the same tone.

"You not?" Harry whispered out softly as he started to slowly scoot his way to the man.

"I'm not," he said firmly as he held his hand out for the boy to grab once he got close enough to him.

Severus continued to speak the soothing words to the child, watching as inch by inch the boy got closer to him. It didn't take as long as the first day and for that he was grateful. Though once he the little boy grabbed his hand, he tightened his grip and pulled the child to him. He held him to his chest for a moment, and he could feel the sodden material on his person but he didn't care for the moment. This meant nothing, especially when that panic he had felt for the first minute when he realized Harry was gone.

"Why did you hide from me?" Severus asked softly.

"I peed," Harry whispered out shamefully.

"It was an accident Harry, they happen. I don't ever want you to hide from me, you scared me dearly," he told the child quietly.

"Oh," Harry said unsure how to reply to that. He had never known a grownup who was scared that he couldn't be found. Well except for his teacher but she had left.

"You are to never do that again," Severus told him gently, but firmly.

"But what if I haff anodder askident, this time a badder one?" Harry asked fearfully as he hid his face in the man's jacket.

Severus scoffed then before he gave a weak chuckle. "Harry, even if you soiled yourself everyday for the rest of your life, nothing would ever stop me from loving you," he stated sincerely.

Harry gasped softly at that proclamation as he buried his face even further in the man's jacket. If that wasn't real love, then the five year old didn't know what it was. He smiled between his tears, knowing in that moment that Severus would be here for him.

Back on the ground Neville smiled sadly as he picked up on that, wishing for just a moment that Severus was saying that to him. But this was his life, and he knew that like always, it just wasn't fair.

 

The End.
Chapter 10 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Here it is, hope you guys enjoy it. For all the people who complained about the way the boys talked, I wonder if you've ever worked in a setting with kids. I was at camp this summer and I noted that kids up to 11 still had the little word lisp that the boys in here have it. I had a group of 18 5-6 year old and 11 out of the 18 spoke the way the boys do. I toned it up just a bit, but that's it. I'm not changing my story. You forget this is fanfic..my fanfic..and as such I can do whatever I like with it. That is all, on to the story.

Severus carefully climbed down the play structure with Harry in his arms. The little boy was still crying which was fine for the moment. He knew he would have a lot more time to comfort him once they were inside the lavatory. He walked towards Lupin, who he noticed had a particular expression on his face but as he was still giving the man the cold shoulder he could care less. He was grabbing the bag when he felt eyes on him, his head turning to look at the child who had alerted him that something was wrong in the first place.

"Is Harry gonna be okay now?" Neville asked worriedly as he chewed his lip anxiously. He was still getting to know how Sebbus ran things. And he didn't know if the man punished for accidents or not.

"He is, I am just taking him to the washroom to get cleaned up," Severus told him soothingly.

Neville nodded silently as he looked up at the man with a neutral expression on his young face. He didn't want to take away from Harry but couldn't he just catch a break? He turned his head to the floor not wanting the man to read something in his gaze.

Severus eyes flashed very much aware that something was bothering the Longbottom heir; however he knew he needed to change Harry. The last thing he wanted was this sickly little boy getting ill from his wet clothes.

"I will be right back, you stay with Lupin," Severus told the little boy kindly.

Neville shook his head tiredly before he gave a sigh at the man's words. "Alright,"

Severus gave a nod to the wolf before he turned and started walking briskly to the washroom where he had seen Albus and Draco go through a few minutes before. He opened the door to find to his amusement, his godson and mentor in the middle of a toilet paper fight. He had to swallow the laughter that tried to bubble out of his throat as he looked at them.

"And just what is going on in here?" Severus stated in his best teaching voice. Just like he figured it had the desired effect when Draco and Albus both froze at once.

Albus had the good sense to look a bit abashed at being caught out, but the old man couldn't help the grin on his face. They had been having a lot of fun if he was being honest.

"Just a bit of fun my dear boy, nothing that we can't clean up," Albus said in a cheerful tone.

"We was just pwaying Uncle Sebbus," Draco added softly. He didn't want his godfather mad at him; he just wanted to play with his grandfather. "What's wrong wiff Harry?" He asked quickly wanting the spotlight off of him.

"He's just had a small accident, and I need to get him change," Severus told him as he gave the blonde tot a look to let him know he wasn't fooled.

Albus took that moment to pick up the little Slytherin and wave his wand around the bathroom in a quick motion. Good as new was the lavatory and with a grin he headed out the toilet leaving Severus and Harry alone.

Harry stiffened when he realized that they were alone. He carefully lifted his face from where he had it pressed into the man's shoulder. He knew if this had happened at the Durselys household he would be receiving the spanking of his life. He wasn't sure what his new daddy had in store for him.

"Is Hawwy in twouble?" He asked softly, even if it frightened him he preferred to know just what was in store for him.

"Not at all," Severus told him softly as he headed into the handicap stall to clean up the child. He realized halfway through cleaning up that he could have used magic a bit, but he shook his head. He really didn't want any investigating a magical occurrence in a muggle neighborhood.

"But Hawwy pottied on his self," Harry hiccupped tearfully at the man.

"It was an accident, I do not think one should be in trouble for something they could not control Harry. It is fine," Severus assured him firmly as he ruffled the soft messy locks on the child's head. Well aware now that the child was gazing at him with an emotion that he felt uncomfortable being directed at him the Potion's Master focused on his task.

Harry was silent for a moment as he allowed the man to finish changing him in peace before he pushed his hair out of his eyes. "So dis means what? When we go back home does Hawwy get in twouble thewe?" He asked still slightly confused at what the heck was happening.

"It means when we go back home, you're going to go play with Draco and Neville. This changes nothing Harry, I will not punish you for something you couldn't control," Severus said plainly, trying to make himself as plain as possible. He felt like he was repeating himself but he knew that Harry needed this constant reassurance.

"Oh," Harry breathed out with a frown, this was truly unknown territory to him. He wasn't sure what he was missing here, but he didn't understand. "What does it mean weally?" He mumbled out softly.

"It means that even if you soiled yourself everyday for the rest of your life, nothing will stop me from loving you," Severus stated calmly.

Harry gasped softly as he stared at the man, his emerald eyes wide. "Daddy love Hawwy," he repeated softly to himself. "Hawwy love daddy," he said just as quietly.

Severus shook his head, taking that moment to swallow the sudden lump that had appeared in his throat before he finished cleaning up the child.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Back outside Draco and Albus had returned to the playground, the latter aware that they would probably be leaving as soon as Severus and Harry returned. The old man let out a laugh as he chased after his small charge.

Neville was staring at the pair with a peculiar expression on his young face, his head turning back around to look at his Uncle Remus. The man didn't need to say anything, and though he couldn't help how he felt Neville couldn't help but hate to be around him at the moment. He had felt the longing from the man every time that Harry cuddled Sebbus. It was hard to form a bond with someone whose heart was obviously with someone else. He couldn't blame Harry of course that would just be wrong. But oh Merlin, it hurt, didn't they all see that? Why were all the adults so emotionally blind?

Remus turned away from the washroom door as Severus and Harry both came out of it. He knew that he had taken this experience to get to know his cub, but he wasn't able to get more then 10 minutes alone with him so far. He knew that tomorrow would be better and he couldn't wait for it. Remus turned his head quickly to look at Neville as he heard a small gasp come from the boy below.

"What's the matter?" He asked immediately, bending down to his level to see if anything was wrong with him.

"Nothing you can fix," Neville stated in a resigned tone as he turned away from Harry and Severus with another shake of his head.

Remus wasn't convinced and continued to check the child for injuries. "Does anything hurt?"

"I want to go home," Neville said quietly.

"I think we're about to leave in a moment," Remus told him in confusion.

"Not the Professor's home, my home wiff my Gwan," Neville told him with a sigh.

"Why do you want to go back there?" Remus asked quietly.

"Because...they're my family, they love me there," he told him quietly.

Remus frowned unsure how he was supposed to reply to that.  "I will talk to Severus," he promised quietly.

Neville just shook his head at that before he turned to sit on the bench. The man wasn't supposed to agree on him wanting to go. He knew logically the man was supposed to try to make him stay. Did Remus just not want him here? He couldn't feel the coldness of the seat beneath him thanks to his layers but that still didn't stop him from letting out a small shiver.

He wanted what Harry and Draco were getting, but he didn't want to demand it. He contemplated his options he would honestly have to think more on this. But if he didn't get to go back to his grandmother by the way of the grownups, he would find some way how to on his own. He did after all know how to use the floo.

Severus turned to check the playground making sure all of the boys were within distance, amused once more to note that Albus was playing with Draco on the playground equipment.

"Albus, are you and Draco ready to go? We still need to decorate the tree and they still need a nap," Severus told him as he looked at his watch. He liked being on time.

"No Uncle Sebbus, I don't like naps," Draco pouted out stubbornly before ducking out of view of the man. He figured if his godfather couldn't see him then the man couldn't make him leave.

"Doesn't matter if you don't like them, you all need them regardless or you'll be overtired by dinner time. As it stands if you don't take a nap, you will be excluded from decorating the tree with us," Severus told him pointedly.

Neville casually pulled away from Remus and started making his way over to the Potion's Master.  "Professor, what if I don't want to decorate the tree anyway?" He asked curiously.

Severus gave the child a careful look. "Then you don't have to if you don't want too, but we would really like it if you did," he told him honestly.

Neville gave a shrug before he sighed. "I wanna go home to my gwan, can that happen Professor?" He asked quietly.

"Why do you want to go Neville?" Severus asked in response his eyes flashing to the werewolf for a moment before they were back down to the child in front of him.

"Because I can feel when I am unwanted sir, and it's not fine the first few times. But constantly feeling like second best, well it makes me wish for home. At least there I have my greenhouses to where I can escape the feelings. Here I cannot do that," Neville explained softly. He needed to keep his emotions in check, he could do this.

"I want you here Neville," Severus was quick to say wondering just what in the world the child was indeed feeling and from whom. He patted Harry's back for a moment; they would need to finish this discussion once they got back to the manor.

"It's not enough Professor," Neville told him softly before he hunched into himself as he felt Remus making his way over towards them.

Severus wasn't stupid and he caught the way the boy drew into himself, he didn't like the position the child was currently in. He frowned before he held out the bag that held the boy's things.

"Carry this for me Lupin, my arms are full," he stated tightly as he dropped the bag. He didn't care if the man dropped it or not. He sighed as he bent down to grab the other toddler that was on the ground. He could feel the child trembling and he didn't know if it was from the cold or from whatever pain he was feeling inside. Though Severus was inclined to believe it was stemming from the latter.

To say he was surprised was a whole thing entirely, Neville wasn't totally sure why the dour man had picked him up but he couldn't stop himself from holding tightly to the man. He squeezed his eyes shut as tears tried to fight their way past his closed eyelids.

"It'll be otay Neville," Harry whispered out softly. "Daddy will make it so," the little boy promised his friend seriously.

Neville had to give it to the other boy; he did believe the good in everyone. And he knew that alone would stop him for the moment from trying to escape to his Gran's house. He didn't want to leave Harry vulnerable here; he would protect his friend until Harry figured out how to do it himself.

Severus wasn't oblivious to their conversation considering it took place near his ears. He sighed as he nodded to Albus who was looking at him with a worried look. "We'll discuss it when we get back to the Manor," he told him as he headed out the park and towards the empty alley way

"We're still making the small stop to the Leaky Cauldron and then flooing?" Albus asked him curiously.

"Yes, I think it would be best, I don't want to see their treats making their way all up over my shirt," Severus said as he gave each head on his shoulders a kiss so they would know he wasn't being serious.

The trip home while smoother, not necessarily quick but Severus supposed that was the trade off so he wasn't complaining. Besides the last thing he wanted was the boys to pick up on it, and assume that his annoyance was directed at them. As it was, he could tell from the steady breathing on his shoulder that Harry was asleep, and Neville was on his way there. 

Once they were in the manor he headed up the stairs with his charges, knowing Albus was coming up behind him with Draco. He laid each boy into their respected beds, before flicking his wand watching as their outerwear disappeared only to reappear in their closets before taking off their shoes and tucking them both in. Severus pressed a kiss to the top of each of the boy's foreheads, coming to sit on Neville's bed. He could see the child fighting sleep.

"What is it Neville?" He asked the child quietly.

"I don't wanna be grouped with Remus again," the toddler told the man softly.

"How come? Has he done something to you?" Severus asked, a tight feeling appearing in his chest. It hadn't been his intention to group the child with the werewolf, but he could see plain as day that they never traded around their charges. What must the young child be thinking?

"He doesn't want to be with me, he pretends but he really only wants Harry. He doesn't understand that Harry would do a lot better wiff you. Because you know what Harry needs, you been where Harry has been," Neville sniffled out sadly.

"I see, I will...Albus and I will be speaking with him while you boys sleep alright. I will make this right," Severus promised.

"And if he doesn't go for it, can I go back to my Gwan?" Neville asked hopefully as he swiped his arm across his face.

"He will go for it, and he doesn't well then he'll leave my Manor. Again I do not think his intention was to make you feel like second best. Harry was just the son of one of his best friends. I think he just wants to reconnect. Though it doesn't excuse his actions, I don't want you to feel like you are being neglected here," Severus told him seriously.

"I get it," Neville said softly as he finally closed his with a tearful sigh.

"Trust me okay, I will make everything right," Severus told him as he tucked the child in his bed before going to check on his godson. Draco was already asleep and so the Potion's Master just followed Albus out of the room and downstairs.

There he could see the werewolf sitting in a chair with a teacup, having asked the house elves to bring a tray for them. He felt like he could use something a bit stronger then tea. Severus took a breath as he sat down in his chair, ignoring the questioning look Albus was currently giving him.

"What's the matter Severus?" Albus asked bluntly when it became apparent the man was lost in his thoughts.

"Neville is feeling unwelcomed here, it seems we've been neglecting his needs," Severus replied slowly.

Albus frowned as he thought that over. "I don't understand, we've given each of then their own attention. They each have an adult at their disposal," he pointed out.

"Correction Albus, you and I have been giving Draco and Harry the attention they need. Lupin was supposed to do that for Neville; however he has let his feelings get in the way. The child feels what the man feels and he hurts from being second best. His words not mine, I won't stand for this," Severus bit out. That was the last thing he ever wanted to do to these abused boys.

Albus gasped at the explanation and couldn't help but turning into Remus's direction. The man had bolted up straight in his chair at Severus's words. From the expression on the Gryffindor's face, he could clearly see that everything was true.

"I didn't mean to treat him like that, I just wanted to spend some time with Harry," Remus replied quietly.

"Nonetheless your feelings state otherwise, these boys don't need any more heartbreak Lupin. You knew what you signed up for, if you want to leave Albus and I won't stop you this time. I will not allow you to hurt my boys any longer," Severus told him sternly.

Remus took a deep breath and shook his head. He could hear the possessiveness in the man's tone, which his wolf didn't seem to mind. After all he had inadvertently hurt a cub, with his carelessness. "I will do better, I just if it's possible can we allow the boys to switch between adults?" He asked.

"It's not my decision it's theirs, but we can try to point them in that direction. I know you feel as if I'm hogging Harry from you, but he feels safer in my arms and I'm not going to jeopardize his feelings for yours. You are a grown man Lupin, start acting like it," Severus stated harshly.

Remus's hackles rose at that statement but he didn't reply knowing he was in the wrong at the moment. He would be better, he promised. He sighed before he turned to look at Albus who hadn't said much this conversation. "Is Sirius allowed visitors Headmaster?"

"Yes he is, were you planning on visiting him?" Albus asked curiously, aware of the conversation change.

"Yes, I think it'll be good morale for both of us," Remus replied truthfully.

"Tell him nothing of what has happened, I will be appraising him of the situation once the mind healer gives me the all clear," Albus told him calmly.

Remus gave a curt nod as he stood up and made his way to the fireplace. "If that is all?"

"Don't leave us to do your dirty work Lupin, if you're leaving then you will tell each little boy yourself," Severus stated as he gave the man a dirty look.

"I'll be back by the time their nap is over with. I just want to check on an old friend," Remus told him honestly before he disappeared into the floo.

Severus turned back to Albus. "What are we going to do? I don't want them to fight for my affection, or yours,"

"They won't, your heart has enough room for all of them Severus," Albus replied kindly as he stood up and grabbed the bag. He reached inside for the shrunken Christmas tree and prepared to set it up.

"What if Harry and Draco have felt like this?" Severus asked softly.

"I don't think they have; Neville has made sure of it," Albus replied truthfully.

"I will not fail them," Severus promised.

"I know you won't," Albus told him honestly.

"While you do that, I'm going up to the attic to grab the Christmas decorations. If you can make them a small snack once you're done that would be great Albus," Severus told the man.

"I will," the old man replied as he set the tree up towards the side of the room but where there was enough room for them to decorate the back and sides of it without it being too close to the wall.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was 2 hours when the boys woke up, with Harry being the first one out of the bed. The little boy yawned tiredly as he grabbed his stuffed deer and heled it tightly to his chest, before he made his way over to Draco's bed. There he stood in front of where the boy was sleeping and gently reached a hand out to shake the other boy's arm.

"Dwaco, wake up," Harry whispered out softly to the blonde boy.

"M'sweeping real good Harry," Draco mumbled out tiredly.

"It's  m'potant," Harry told him seriously.

"What's da matter? Did you have an askident again?" Draco asked sleepily even as he opened one eye so he could look at his friend.

"No, my bed is dwy," Harry told him proudly as he looked at his friend.

"Den what is it?" Draco wanted to know.

"Neville is weally sad," Harry confessed to the boy.

"Why?" Draco asked softly, sitting up to look at the other boy who was still sleeping across the room before he turned his gaze back to Harry.

"Cause Uncle Wemus isn't tweating him like Daddy and Gwanpa Albus awe tweating us," Harry replied smartly.

"How do you know this?" Draco asked suspiciously.

"Hawwy know awotta fings, gwown ups forget Hawwy sometimes. And I know how to be quiet," he admitted proudly.

"Okay, what can we do?" Draco asked with a frown. Neville was the one will all of the ideas not him.

"C'n you share Gwanpa Albus wiff him? And I can share daddy too," Harry suggested.

Draco gave a loud sigh at that, he didn't really want to do that plan. He didn't like sharing what he had claimed was his. He picked at the cover on his bed before he gave a reluctant nod. "I can do dat," he promised him.

"Good," Harry said happily as he awarded the blonde boy with a bright smile. "Now wets go make up Neville. We're gonna decowate da twee," he said excitedly.

"Maybe you shouwd let him sweep," Draco pointed out.

Harry gave a small shrug. "Daddy said we can only decowate it if evewyone is dere," Harry pointed out.

Draco grinned before he nodded. "Let's go wake him up," he said as he climbed out of his bed quickly.

Harry giggled happily as he ran across the room and gently shook his other friend up. "Neville, time to waked up," he told the smart boy.

"We gotsa decorate," Draco added excitedly.

Neville woke immediately, giving a small yawn as he looked at his companions tiredly. "I think I'm gonna sit this one out," he told them.

"Nope not awowed, daddy say so," Harry chirped.

"Really? Since when?" Neville questioned.

"Since Hawwy asked," Draco added slyly. "So you gotta come," he added.

"Okay," Neville sighed out before he climbed off of his bed and followed his friends out the room.

"Daddy! We waked up!" Harry yelled out excitedly once they got to the top of the stairs. He frowned as he tried to make his way down the steps to no avail. "What is dis?" He asked in confusion at the invisible barrier that wouldn't allow them to access the stairs.

"It's magic, its childpwoof," Neville stated as he stuck his hand out to feel the barrier.

"Why is it here?" Harry asked softly.

"They don't want us falling down the steps, my gwan has a lot of dese in place at her house," Neville replied truthfully.

"It's not cause we're babies, cause we're not. It's just to keep us safe," Draco added before he frowned. "Uncle Sebbus, we stuck!" He yelled out when it became apparent no one was making their too them.

Severus glanced up in amusement as he heard his name, looking back at his Albus with a smile. "I will get them," he told the old man before he headed up the steps. He grinned as he climbed the steps and saw the boy's impatient faces.

"Did you boys all have a nice nap?" He asked as he bent down to pick up Neville, he was after all trying to make this right. He inwardly flinched as he caught the eyes of Harry emerald's eyes which seemed to pierce his soul once the child realized he hadn't reached for him. Severus sighed before hugged Neville to his chest before addressing the other two.

"Ready?" He asked them cheerfully as he flicked his wand and they started floating in the air. He led them all into the kitchen, setting Neville in his chair first before getting Draco and Harry down.

"Where's Uncle Wemus?" Harry asked as he looked around the kitchen in confusion. If their plan was going to work out he was going to need someone to cuddle if Neville was with his daddy now.

"He went to visit an old friend of his," Severus replied honestly.

"Is he coming back?" Draco wanted to know.

"Do you want him to come back?" Albus blurted in.

"Depends, if he going to be nice to Neville now?" The little boy pointed out.

"Yes he will," Severus stated slowly as he turned towards his godson. "What makes you think he hasn't been?"

"I'm fwive Uncle Sebbus not stupid, I see da way he looks at Harry," Draco said with a frown.

Severus turned to look at Albus, seeing he old man's lip twitching as he forced his own self not to laugh in response at the indignant tone of his godson's. He cleared his throat before turning to face the counter as a smile broke across his face.

"Of course you're not stupid honey, Severus was just asking," Albus replied fondly unable to resist as he bent down to kiss the little blonde head.

"Gwanpa Albus kiss Hawwy's head too?" Harry asked hopefully as he looked over at the man.

"Of course," Albus said as he made his way to Harry and then to Neville just to be on the safe side.

"Once you boys have finished your snack we will start decorating the tree," Severus told them, watching as their little eyes widened. "But no stuffing yourselves, I don't want anyone sick," he warned them.

"We won't Uncle Sev'rus, we're big boys," Neville promised softly as he awarded the man with a shy smile.

Severus for his part was floored, as the Longbottom heir had never called him that. He hadn't told the boy he couldn't say it, but child just tended to call him Professor or sir. He was happy for the change nonetheless and gave a fond nod in the child's direction.

"Once you're done, come meet us in the sitting room," Severus told them easily before he and Albus left the kitchen and headed to the floo room. "Where is he? He said he would be back," he hissed out once they were alone.

"Give him some time Severus, he will come back," Albus replied kindly.

"He better, Harry needs his company. Albus you didn't see the look the boy gave to me when I picked up Neville instead of him," he told him with a shake of his head.

"Was it a look of betrayal?" The old man asked softly.

"No, but it was resignation like he had expected it to come down to this. I don't mind splitting my time between the two of them but Lupin was supposed to make this easier on all of the boys. Now he's making it worse all because he can't take his foot out of his ass," Severus bit angrily.

"Now Severus, the man just needs a moment to assess himself and he's had a rough time as it was with all of this," Albus said gently.

"You always defend him and others like him, the Gryffindors I mean. This is surprising to me that you even take to Draco like you do, you hate us Slytherins," he muttered out sadly.

"Severus, is that what you think?" Albus asked aghast as he looked at the man across from him.

"It's not what I think, it's what I know. And I've known this since I was 14 years old, you officially cemented it the day Black attempted to murder me and you allowed him to stay in Hogwarts," he stated bitterly as he got up and paced. "I don't know why I thought this was different,"

Albus shook his head, he knew that he had truly failed Severus but he had thought that he had managed to fix it apparently not. It was rooted deep, just where the man's heart lay.

"That's not true," he told the potion's master firmly.

"It is true," Severus said tightly, turning suddenly as the floo flared to life and Lupin appeared. "It's about time you showed up, Harry was asking about you," he informed him.

"He has?" Remus said in surprise a grin coming to his face.

"Yes he has, I also want you to know that the boys are very much of aware of the way you've been treating Neville and have requested that you fix it. Believe me, if you cannot get a handle on your feelings, I don't care how hard I will struggle. You are out," Severus warned him seriously.

"Trust I know, I've given it a lot of thought and I want to get the time to know all of them," Remus told him truthfully.

"Good, you'll get the chance too; we're going to try something today. When they're decorating the tree, you will be making sure that Harry is okay and I will have Neville and Severus will have Draco," Albus told him softly. His heart was still on that previous conversation that Remus had interrupted with his arrival.

"I'll be in the sitting room," Severus stated quickly before he left the room suddenly.

"What's with him?" Remus wanted to know.

Albus shook his head sadly. "It's not my place to say, come along Remus," he told the werewolf as he too made his way into the sitting room.

The Potion's master was making sure everything was set up for the boys. He had charmed each of the ornaments child proof as some of them were breakable and he didn't want any of the little boys getting hurt. He took a sip of his tea, his eyes flickering dismissively when Albus and the wolf entered into the room. He ignored the look that the old man was currently giving him he had no wish to continue the conversation. Severus was more than grateful when the boys ran into the room.

"We awe weady daddy," Harry informed the man shyly as he caught a glimpse of the other man he had been looking for.

"I wanna put the star on top Uncle Sebbus," Draco informed the man before he turned in a circle unsure of who he was supposed to go too. He knew that they had talked about sharing the adults with Neville as Remus wasn't doing much and he didn't know who he was supposed to be with.

"Whats the matter dragon?" Severus asked softly.

"I confused," the little blonde boy admitted.

"Confused about what?" His godfather pressed.

"Who I ‘posed to be wiff?" He wanted to know.

Severus quirked an eyebrow at that as he gave a nod to the elder man. "With Albus for now," he answered quietly unsure of where his godson was going with this.

"Awe you suwe? Didn't you say that we ‘posed to twade gwown ups?" Draco pointed out in confusion.

"I did, but something came up," Severus said with a frown. Too be honest he knew that both of the little Gryffindor boys needed both his and Remus's attention. He only hoped Draco kept up with his complacent attitude.

"Now it's time to decorate the tree," Albus said quickly before the little boys could ask anymore questions. He picked up his blonde toddler and kissed his soft locks. "Are you ready Draco?"

"I am," the little boy replied happily as the old man carried him over to the tree.

Severus picked up Neville knowing that Remus would be doing the same to Harry and headed over to the tree. "You can put any ornament wherever you want," he told him.

"Anywhere?" Neville asked to confirm it.

"Yes anywhere, I want to see a tree decorated by all of you boys," he assured him. He set the child on the stool in front of the tree and stepped back a bit. He was watching and waiting until the child would need him again. Because when Neville did he would be here.

The End.
End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed it
Chapter 11 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I wrote this in two hours, it is off the press and I'm going to be after this. It might have more mistakes then usual, just point out the obvious ones and I'll go back and check when I'm rested up. Thanks!

Severus took a step back from the tree to watch all three of the boys decorating at once. He knew that they wouldn't fall, the wards around the stools made sure of that, not to mention Albus and Lupin were still within distance. He smiled softly to himself as he turned to dig into the small backpack on the sofa. He startled slightly when he realized that Albus was now next to him.

"What are you looking for?" The old man asked curiously.

"I have muggle camera somewhere in here, and I need to take some pictures of the boys. I want them to remember this, to know that they meant something," he said quietly.

"We can make a trip into Diagon Alley tomorrow and buy a magical one as well. I know that the alley is very pretty and magical this time of year. The boys would love it," Albus told him carefully.

"It would be risky though, no one aside from Poppy knows who those little boys are. That being said even without his trademark glasses Harry resembles a Potter and there is no mistaking who sired Draco," Severus pointed out seeing the flaw in that plan.

"They will just have to be glamoured then or take a small altering potion, this is something I want all of you to experience. You won't ever forget something like this," Albus promised him.

Severus nodded knowing when he was beat. "Alright," he replied with a nod before he pulled out the camera.

"Severus when you get some time, I would like to finish our previous conversation," Albus added softly as he passed him and made his way back to the tree.

Severus frowned he had no intention of getting back to that conversation; he had a moment of weakness and let his heart get away from him. He hadn't meant for Albus to realize how much the man had hurt him all those years. For a Slytherin to acknowledge that someone's actions had hurt you, you gave them the tools to hurt you even further.

He knew logically that Albus wouldn't do that, but the old man had a way of making him do things he had no intention of doing. Take the boys for example he hadn't wanted to take them, and even though he was glad he did, he just wished he had of been able to fully make the choice of it. He wouldn't dwell on it as everything had worked out and quickly turned to start snapping pictures of the boys decorating the tree. He made sure to keep his thoughts clear wanting to hear what the boys were saying.

"Awe you haffing fun Harry?" Draco asked with a giggle as he had stumbled off the stool only for magic to catch him and bring him back to the stool.

"I am, I wike decowating," Harry nodded happily as he reached down to grab another ornament. "Awe you Nebille?"

Neville gave a small smile before he nodded. "This is gweat, at home Gwan only lets me decorate the bottom part of the twee. She thinks if I was on a stool I would fall because I'm clumsy," he admitted.

Dwaco frowned at that as he turned to face his friend. "What do you mean you awe clumsy? You haven't falled since we've been here," he pointed out.

"Its cause at home Gwan is always waiting for me to mess up, here no one does that so I can welax a little bit," Neville replied softly.

"Dat's...not nice," Harry replied softly, even as he knew how that was like. He didn't want his friend to feel bad for admitting something so he felt he could do the same in return. He swallowed softly before he gave a weak smile. "Aunt Pet'nia wacks me with the pans sometimes when Dudley messes up Somefing and blames it on me," he rushed out softly.

"Dat's really not nice, he doesn't get in twouble?" Draco asked with a frown.

"No he's doesn't evew get in twouble, only Hawwy does. Hawwy da fweak," the little boy replied sadly, as he had a minor relapse in words.

"No buddy, you're not a freak, they are the freaks. They had no right to call you that," Severus replied swiftly as he ruffled the child's hair reminding him that he was still there.

Albus popped a lemon drop in his mouth, grateful that Severus had doused this batch in calming draught. He was still gathering evidence from the Dursely family but he knew their days of freedom were limited.

Severus didn't allow the dark thoughts to take forth, and when Lupin went forward to hug Harry he turned to his mentor and gestured for him to back up slightly so they could talk.

"When do the Durselys go to court?" Severus asked quietly.

"Soon, somewhere between after Christmas and before New Years," Albus replied honestly.

"What's going to happen to Harry?" Severus asked softly,

"You currently have guardianship of him," Albus replied smoothly.

"For when he's this age I know this, but I mean after he's deaged back," The Potion's Master clarified.

"It's still you, that hasn't changed," Albus grinned.

"That's not funny Albus, how did you even swing that?" Severus asked with a frown.

"You are the better choice, Sirius is not a good choice, he's still in recovery and Amelia Bones has already informed him he will not be the guardian of Harry. There is no way that he is fit to raise a child," Albus admitted.

"How did you swing a former Death Eater to have guardianship of the boy-who-lived?" Severus asked dryly.

"Things have been set in motion Severus, ever since the accident in potions. I have gathered pensive testimony from Harry's first and second year and regarding Voldemort's return. I showed the memories to Amelia, Alastor and Kingsley, and by New Years day we will be having a new Minister," Albus said with a sly smirk.

Severus could only stare in disbelief at the old man, a lot of things had indeed been set in motion, and he was just only now aware of it? He was a spy for Merlin's sake! "I can't believe this," he breathed out softly.

"It's happening, and it only helps that Lucius is in Switzerland at the moment. Without his greedy little fingers in every department Amelia and Alastor have been cleaning house," he added.

Shaking his head the dour man gave a small smirk. "They won't know what hit them," he grinned at the obviously Slytherin idea.

"That is the plan," Albus replied as he gave the younger man a fond smile. He turned to head back to the boys to see how they were progressing on the tree.

 

~&~&~&~Page Break~&~&~&~&~&

Severus held in a yawn as he tucked Neville into bed later on that night, the day had been long and tomorrow would apparently be just as long.  He shook his head as he held in another yawn, unable to believe that it was only just 8:00pm, if he kept this up he would need to take a energy potion and that's the last thing he wanted to do. Albus wanted them all to experience Diagon Alley decked out in the holiday season. He admitted it would be nice to see, only because he knew that his charges would enjoy it.

He kissed the child goodnight and glanced down at him to find the boy looking at him with his knowing eyes. "Did you have a good time with me today?"

Neville nodded solemnly as he looked over at Harry and back at the man. He knew that Harry needed this too and while Remus was a fill in no one could quite understand them like Severus could. "I wish there was two of you," he admitted sadly.

"Oh, can't get enough of me?" Severus teased playfully not liking the tone of the child.

"There's not enough of you to go around between me and Harry," Neville replied softly.

"My heart is big enough for all you child, make no mistake about that," Severus promised him Albus's words coming back into play from earlier.

"I know," Neville said with a shrug. "Awe you gonna switch us up tomorrow?" The little boy wanted to know.

"We are, Albus is going to Harry and Remus is going to have Draco," Severus said, though inwardly he was wondering how his godson was going to act with that. He was waiting for the other shoe to drop as Draco was a spoiled but lovable child and he had been compliant for the last week and he knew that wouldn't last.

Neville's eyes widened and he shook his head so hard he got a small headache. "No, you can't put Dwaco wiff Remus," he cautioned.

"Why not?" Severus asked carefully wondering if Neville saw something they had clearly missed.

"Remus hates Dwaco's daddy, I felt the anger when Gwanpa Albus said his name today. You can't put him with the man, he won't be able to tell the difference between Dwaco and his daddy," Neville said sadly.

That brought Severus up with a jolt as that had been him for the last few years regarding Harry. He hadn't been able to tell where James ended and where Harry started. He didn't want his godson to have to experience that, and he swallowed thickly at the mistake they had almost mad.

"What shall I do with him?" Severus murmured to himself.

"Keep him with Gwanpa Albus, that way he can heal more," Neville said smartly as he glanced in the direction of the old man and the child. He could feel it every day that the old man got a little bit better.

"Is something wrong with Albus? You've brought this up a few times and each time, all it does it worry me. Should I be worried about Albus's health?" Severus asked thickly, as his brain thought on the old man being ill, he couldn't imagine a world where Albus didn't exist in. It was unthinkable, no matter how had odds he felt at the man; Albus was that one constant in his life.

Neville's eyes widen and quickly reached out to touch his guardian. He felt like crying once he got a brief glimpse of the man's emotions. Maybe he shouldn't keep the man in the dark, as long as the potion's master could keep a secret he figured it would be okay...maybe.

"He's okay, he's just really lonely and sad," Neville added quietly.

"What do you mean?" Severus prodded gently.

"Maybe you should spell us, so they can't hear us," Neville suggested with a sigh.

Severus quirked an eyebrow at the request but did as the child asked. He was just happy the boy was finally giving him some answers. Neville could be just as cryptic as Albus when he wanted to be.

"What are you trying to tell me?" Severus asked, wanting to get directly to it.

"Gwanpa Albus only has his brother left in this world as family, and he's delighted that we call him that," the little boy replied promptly.

"I know that," the Potion's master replied slowly.

"He used to haff a sister but she died when she was younger, and now he has a pain in his heart from where she used to be. The ache from that will never been fully fixed but Draco, helps its to where it's almost gone," Neville said as he swiped his hand over his eyes. They had watered as he had actively sought out the emotions of the old man, and they hurt his little heart. And while they weren't as heavy the first day, they still were enough to bring him to tears. He knew his Gwanpa Albus of all people shouldn't feel like this.

Severus turned to look at Albus who was tucking his godson in, looking at the man in a new light. He was trying to see the sadness that the man had masterfully hidden from the world.

"He's good at hiding his emotions, but sometimes he slips up but when he's with Draco he's lighter. You can't take that away fwom him," he told the man seriously.

The potion's Master nodded, as lump stuck in his throat. How Albus must have been hurting and with no one to lean on? At least his godson was helping him, without the tot being aware of it, it seemed.

"You can't tell him, or anyone. People don't like it when their feelings are thwown in their face," Neville said as his hand instinctively went up to cup his own cheek.

Severus's eyes darken at the implication of that little gesture. "It doesn't matter if I don't like what you tell me, I will never hit you," he reminded the child.

"I know I was just ‘membering something," Neville said softly before he grabbed his lion and hugged it too his chest.

"I will do my best to make sure that whoever hurt you will not be able to do it anymore," he promised the child. "And I keep my promise," he added.

Neville giggled happily as he gave a shy nod. He knew that, but didn't comment on it. He watched at the man dispelled the silencing ward before he made his way to Harry. Neville was trying to think of a new plan, one that involved Severus and Harry. He could feel the elation coming from Harry as Severus ruffled his hair. That was the best medicine Harry could ever have. He knew that Remus loved Harry just as much but Harry needed Severus like he needed air. You couldn't deprive the touch starved child of that, and Remus needed to see that.

Neville laughed as he felt Harry's happiness warm up his own heart, replacing the sad feelings from before. He closed his eyes, allowing himself to drift off to peaceful dreams.

Meanwhile Harry was grinning as his daddy had pulled out a book and was going to read to him. He loved the wizarding child books, he liked that the pictures move. He was such an easy child to please. Harry rested his head in his father's lap, and closed his eyes. He wasn't sure when he fell asleep, as the last thing he remembered was his father's voice reading his story book.

Severus carefully stood up and tucked Harry under the cover once the child fell asleep before he headed over to his godson. The little blonde boy was nearly on his way asleep, but he still place a kiss on the child's hair.

"I will see you tomorrow Dragon," he told the boy softly as he followed Albus out the room. He made sure the monitoring charms were set on each boy and on the room as a whole before he spelled the lights off. Each little boy had a small thing of fairy lights lighting up their bed, so the dark wasn't so overwhelming.  He nodded to himself before he closed the door behind him as he headed back downstairs to where his companions were. He got down there just as soon as Albus was reaching for the floo and he frowned.

"Where are you going?" Severus asked softly.

"Back to my office, I need to go over a few things regarding the wards at the castle," Albus replied honestly.

"Tomorrow then, I want you to stay here with us, I think the boys would love it if they knew you were staying here too," Severus told him seriously. He had taken what the child had said to him at heart. He wanted Albus to know in his own way that Severus was here for him. That Severus would be his family if the man wanted it. Regardless of the mistakes that Albus had made the man was only human, and he had seen him as a father more than his own, as Tobias was an abusive bastard.

Albus blinked in disbelief as he looked back at Severus, swallowing thickly as he saw the emotions in the normally unexpressive eyes. He was touched and he gave a small nod, speechless at the moment wondering what brought it on.

"I will be back in the morning, about 10?" Albus asked when he was finally able to speak.

"That's fine, if you want to come earlier and join us for breakfast that would be even better. I need your help regarding our mysterious breakfast cooker," Severus said with a grin.

Albus gave him a confused look as that made no sense. "Pardon?"

"He means that Harry is cooking breakfast and we haven't figured out how the child is doing it," Remus added his two cents in.

Albus grinned outright at that and gave a nod. "I'll be here at 8 then," he promised before he disappeared in the green flames.

Severus nodded, turning when the old man had left to face the wolf. "I'm going to be in my lab, breaking down the components in their potion. So it would be great if you can stay within hearing distance of them, as the monitoring wards are charmed to the bedrooms and the toilet upstairs," he informed him.

Remus nodded that was fine with him, he only planned on grabbing a book and retiring too his room either way.

"Alright, good night Severus," Remus told the man as he turned and headed upstairs,

Severus turned and headed down the basement to his lab.

~&~&~&~Line Break~&&~&~&~&

Silence descended on the occupants of the manor for the next few hours, as the boys slept and their guardians enjoyed a moment of alone time. It was just after 11:00pm when the occupants found the quietness of the manor being demolished when a sharp shriek suddenly pierced the air.

Remus sat up in his bed he winced, he had been reading a book and had only just dozed off only for that scream as well as the alarm monitoring the children in his room went off. He waved his wand and hurried out of his room and towards the children's room. He was surprised that Severus wasn't already here, only to remember that the man was probably still in his lab. He winced as another scream penetrated the silence once more and he was able to distinguish with child it was.

His heart thudded into overtime as he pushed open the door, his cub was in trouble! Remus did a quick survey around the room to find nothing out of the ordinary only to see his godson reaching his arms out to air as he screamed in his sleep once more. He pocketed his wand and hurried over to the child's bed, quickly picking him up and rocking him in his arms.

"Harry cub, come on wake up for me," he pleaded as he gently shook the child. Remus breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the child's brilliant green eyes lock with him. He could see the anguish in those orbs and wanted nothing more but to take the child's pain away anyway he could.

"Sev'wus, I want Sev'wus," Harry pleaded out hoarsely once he was able to catch his breath. He knew that Remus had him and though he felt okay now that he was awake he wanted to be safe again. That had been a frightening dream and he never wanted to have it again.

Remus refused to admit it that a piece of his heart broke at the child's plea regarding his companion, but he made no motion to get Severus. He knew the man was all the way in his lab which he wasn't even sure where it was. That being said he didn't want to get Severus he wanted to be the one to comfort Harry from a nightmare.

"I'm here Harry, you're safe now," Remus replied over and over in a soothing tone so the child would hopefully calm down.

"Please, I want Sev'wus, I want my daddy, pwease!" Harry whimpered out sadly. He didn't understand why Remus wasn't getting the man, this was a serious issue. The longer he realized that the man wasn't making any move to his get his protector Harry broke out into sobs once more. He clung to the man only because he needed comfort even though his comfort at this point would only be coming from a man whose clothes constantly smelled of stale potions.

Unknown to Remus and Harry for that matter, the other boys had also woken up after Harry's scream. It was kind of hard to sleep through that type of noise and as a result Draco was frowning as he tried to catch Neville's eyes. He didn't know what to do, he knew Harry needed his godfather but Remus wasn't calling for him. He swallowed anxiously before he got out of his bed and quietly made his way to Neville's.

"What do I do?" He whimpered out sadly, all ready to start crying himself. Harry sounded so sad and he couldn't even feel what Neville felt. Speaking of which his friend seemed almost frozen in the bed, why hadn't he gotten up already? As he got closer Draco was aware that Neville was trying hard not to cry too.

"Get the Professor," Neville whispered out harshly. Harry's emotions were raging at him, and though Remus was trying he wasn't what Harry needed, what any of them needed right now. It was an onslaught of emotions suddenly rushing at him and unless he wanted to release some magic it would never stop, they needed help!

Draco nodded as he looked from both his friends fearfully, trying to think where his godfather might before. He slapped himself on the head as he realized something and quickly snapped his fingers for a house.

"Little Master called for Twinkle?" The house elf stated before turning to the source of the noise and gasping.

"Tell my godfather Hawwy needs him fast," Draco told the elf tearfully watching as the elf gave a nod before disappearing. He headed back over to his own bed, feeling suddenly cold as watched Harry. He felt as powerless as Neville felt, and he buried his face in his knees.

~&~&~&~&~Line Break~&~~&~&~&

Down in the lab Severus had been just wrapping up on his progress. He knew he needed to get to bed as the boys were going to be up early and as an extension that would mean him. He was just setting some cauldrons in the sink when one of his elves popped into his lab informing him of what was going on upstairs. He dropped the cauldron and after casting a Scourgify on himself he ran out of his lab and up the stairs.

Back in the room, Harry's sobs only seem to get louder, and which each cry Neville winced. The little Empath was curled up in a ball on his bed, with his hands pressed over his ears as if that would block it out. He knew it was easier if he didn't have to hear it, he wasn't even sure what happened to Draco only that Severus needed to get here soon before his magic exploded. He didn't have to wait long as soon as the thought crossed his mind the man in question pushed his way through the room.

"Harry," Severus breathed out as he strode across the room, and plucked the child from Remus's arms. He was surprised that the wolf didn't give him any resistance. He simply focused his attention on the child and hugged him tight to his chest, hoping that the boy hadn't been calling for him long. He had never wanted Harry to wait on him.

Remus frowned as his cup was pulled from him even as he know that he was probably doing more harm them good. He couldn't help the hurt that he felt. He turned to look at the other children, looking on in confusion as Neville was curled up on the bed like he was pain. He headed for the child only to stop suddenly, knowing that his emotions were out of whack, and he probably wasn't the best person to help the boy right now. He made his way to the little blonde Slytherin's bed and took a seat. He couldn't bear to watch Severus right now.

"Are you alright Draco?" Remus asked softly.

"No, I wish my Gwanpa Albus was here wiff me," the little blonde tot replied sadly.

"What's the matter buddy?" Remus asked curiously.

"Hawwy is so sad, it huwts me," he admitted tearfully. He buried his face back in his knees wishing his own guardian was here he could do with some cuddles, and he hoped his godfather would give him some when he was through with Harry.

Remus doesn't offer the boy comfort feeling like the child won't take it from him, he had no other option but to turn his gaze back to Severus and Harry. He feels something coil unpleasantly in his stomach as he watch them interact, he can't hear them so he has to assume that Severus has spelled something. That's fine, the only thing that is fine is the sudden emotion he is aware of and frowns at the sudden thought.

He shakes his head as he scoffs at himself before his eyes lock on Neville who had come out of his defensive position and was giving him a knowing look. He felt ashamed at that moment, as he realized his previous actions and what they meant. He had been pushing Harry away from someone who clearly had his best interests at heart in favor of wanting to get closer to the child because he was his best friend's son. He gasps softly as the emotion suddenly is identified and he shakes his head again.

"What is it?" Draco asked after the man continues to shake his head.

Remus sighed softly before he gave a small shrug. He honestly had nothing to lose to tell the child. And he needed to admit it to someone, since he was having trouble admitting it to himself. "I'm jealous of the bond that Harry has with Severus, I love that little boy just as much as your godfather but Harry doesn't want me," he said softly, ignoring the stinging in the back of his eyes.

Draco's eyes narrowed at that statement before he shook his own head. "Dats not true, you can haff a lot of people to love if you want, and that's even better cause den you haff a lot of people who love you in return. Hawwy loves you too, he just needs Sebbus more then you," he said smartly before he turned to give the man a hug. He couldn't sense things like Neville could, but he could tell when someone needed a hug. He was worried for maybe two seconds that the man wouldn't hug him back but when his hug was returned his laid his head on the man's shoulder, allowing some of his worries to seep away.

Meanwhile Severus had managed to calm Harry down, only to frown as he hadn't been able to get anything out of the sleepy child before he fell asleep. Hopefully tomorrow they would have some answers. He laid the boy back in his bed before he made his way to Neville's bed, he could see his godson cuddled up to the wolf of all people and he knew tomorrow would definitely have some explanations.

"Neville, are you alright would you like a potion?" Severus asked as he pulled the child in his lap. It was obvious the boy was in pain, he just hadn't been able to help them both at the same time.

"Yes, Harry was really hurting," he whispered out softly as he watched the man pull some potions from his robe pockets.

"I'm sorry about that, do you know what happened?" Severus asked as he doled out a child size serving and held up the numbing potion to the boy's lips.

"He had a nightmare I fink, and then he screamed for you but Remus didn't get you," Neville admitted. "It hurt a lot I couldn't help Harry cause it hurt me," he added shamefully.

"That is nothing to be ashamed about, if anything I should have spelled your sleeping area to shield their emotions from you," Severus reassured him before he frowned. "What was that bit about Lupin?"

"Harry cried for you first, but Remus didn't get you. He wanted to help Harry himself," he explained.

Severus swallowed down some rage at Harry's unnecessary suffering because of the wolf's stubbornness, what the hell had possessed the man to do something like that? He frowned as he remembered one of his elves had gotten his attention. "Who called the elf?"

"Dwaco did," Neville replied proudly.

Severus turned towards his godson once more but the little boy look on his way asleep again. He would need to speak with the child, and definitely reward that behavior. His god kid had a good head on his shoulders once Lucius wasn't a part of his life. That being said he turned back to the child on his lap.

"Do you think you can go back to sleep? I'll shield your sleeping quarters as well," Severus replied.

Neville gave a small nod as he hugged the man tightly.

He gave the child some more comfort before he laid him down on his bed and tucked him in.  "I love you as well little one, don't ever doubt it," Severus wanted him to know.

Neville grinned brightly as he nodded. "I know, I love you too Uncle Sev'us," he stated sleepily.

Severus grinned as he turned to head to his godson, he was surprised to see that the wolf was gone, but that was just as well. He didn't want to get into an argument this late. He shielded the child's bed before he made his way to his godson's bed and ruffled the sleepy tot's hair.

"You did good my dragon, I'm so proud of you," he whispered out.

Draco grinned brightly despite his tiredness. "Tomorrow I get a tweat," he said firmly.

"That you do my dragon, that you do," Severus laughed as turned off the lights and headed out the room and into his. Tomorrow he knew would be proving to be a long day indeed.

The End.
End Notes:
Hope you guys liked it, Happy Holidays!
Chapter 12 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Happy New Year, I hope you guys appreciate this. I wanted to get the whole Alley trip in one go and as such its a never ending chapter. It's my longest yet. So I hope you guys like it. I want to get back into consistent updates..so I'm trying. That being said there is a bit of profanity in this chapter..it's a but humorous and not to give anything away but I want to warn you guys in advance. Also one more bit, I'm sorry about the confusion earlier regarding the update and not being here. I found alot of blatant mistakes and I had to take it back and fix it but I had to give my eyes a rest first. Any who onto this mighty chapter.

The next morning when Severus woke up he let out a loud groan, as he opened his eyes and glared weakly at his open curtains as the sun shone brightly through them. He had done it on purpose the night before and as he glanced at his clock he knew he had succeeded in his endeavor. It was just approaching 6:45am and it would leave him with enough time to get up and get ready and allow him to see what time Harry came downstairs to the kitchen.

After the events of last night dealing with Harry's nightmare and Neville's revelations it had been a long time until he finally was able to sleep. He was tired of having these talks with Lupin and the man was pushing it. He knew he needed to speak with Albus and the wolf at the same time to make sure whatever the hell happened last night didn't happen again.

As it was he still didn't know what the little boy had dreamed about but he would definitely be finding out later on that morning he was sure of it. With another groan and longing for a lie in, Severus got out of bed and hurried into his ensuite so he could have a shower and get ready for the day.

~&~&~&~Line break~&~&~&~&

Down the hall and across the way from where Severus was in his room taking care of his needs, one little boy was staring at the dim lit room as he gave off a wide yawn. Harry smiled softly to himself, the nightmare last night having receded to the corners of his mind. Today was a new day and no scary dreams were going to get in his way. He giggled softly as he slid out of his bed, his toes curling pleasantly underneath the thick not to mention warm carpet.

He toddled to his drawers to grab an outfit for the day to wear. This was his most favorite thing to do so far. He loved being able to choose what he wanted to wear, not to mention everything fit. He hurried to the bathroom making use of the toilet before he brushed his teeth and headed out of the room and too the steps. He was aware that the magical gate was still in place and he couldn't get through it normally. Not that it mattered to the little raven haired, since coming here he knew that everyone loved it and even encouraged him when he did his magic.

He closed his eyes tightly and wished as hard as he could that his magic would let him pass. He felt a ripple in front of him before he cautiously went forward easily stepping on the top step. Harry was ecstatic, it had worked! He didn't celebrate too loud not wanting to wake anyone up and have to explain himself and carefully made his way down the steps and to the kitchen. He was met with Missy staring at him from her place in front of the stove.

"Young master wishes to cook yet again today?" The house elf asked warily.

Harry nodded shyly, even as he felt bad about her look. "But you gonna make suwe I don't get buwnt wight?" He reminded her softly.

"Of course!" Missy replied affronted that the child would think she wouldn't. She didn't want the young master to even touch the stove but until her master stated otherwise she was forced to comply. And so they compromised, he could cook but only under her careful supervision, she would not allow him to be hurt on her watch. No she would iron her own hands if that ever happened, not to mention her master might give her clothes. No it was best if she kept watch, and intervene when she could.

Under Missy's watchful gaze Harry thought about what he wanted to make before he headed to the cupboards to grab what he needed.

~*~*~Page a breaking*~*~*~*

Meanwhile upstairs Severus was dressed and was quietly making his way down the hall, making sure to peek into the boy's room. He glanced around the room, noting that Harry's bed was empty and he nodded as he headed to the steps. He could feel his magical barrier still there but he couldn't help but wonder just how in the hell the child had gotten through it. Had the boy been resourceful and used a house elf, or was it something else?

Hopefully he would get to the bottom of it today, and maybe let the child know he didn't need to cook for them. He made his way downstairs and checked his watch it was just after 7:15am, and he nodded freezing for a moment as he went to go into the kitchen. He frowned as he heard the floo, but wasn't overly worried; if you weren't keyed in you weren't coming in. He headed into the floo room, and arched an eyebrow when he saw his mentor.

"Good morning Albus, this is a surprise. I thought you were coming at 8?" Severus asked curiously, he wasn't annoyed far from it, he was happy the man was here.

Albus grinned in return as he set his bag down by the chair as he turned to his friend. "Good morning to you Severus. I figured I had be better be early since the boys eat around 8, if I came around that time I wouldn't be able to see what Harry was up too," he pointed.

Severus nodded. "That was my thought too, I woke up around 6:30 just to be sure, Harry's in the kitchen now though,"

Albus nodded as he headed after the man and made their way to the kitchen. Like Severus Albus didn't go directly into the kitchen yet, he stood in the doorway slightly hidden so he could watch Harry. He could see that the child knew his way around the kitchen and it saddened his heart.

The good thing was that he could see Severus's house elf was right by him watching through every step. He knew even without seeing the creature that she was probably beside herself that a wizarding child was cooking his own meals.

He hesitated slightly when Severus finally stepped into the kitchen, he didn't want to intrude. He knew that like he and Draco did that there was something special between Severus and Harry. He frowned, wishing that Remus could find that between Neville. He didn't want to make it worst for the Longbottom heir.

He didn't want the child to be re-aged and have some resentment that he didn't have someone he felt he could lean on. Albus was content for the moment but Severus turned back around and arched his eyebrow in a way that had the old headmaster arching his own eyebrow in a silent reply.

Severus was much aware of what Albus was trying to do, but he wasn't having that. He wanted Albus not to mention Harry for that matter to know that they had people that would and could support them. They were an odd family but they were family nonetheless.

"Good morning Harry, do you mind if Albus and I help you with the breakfast?" Severus broke out casually.

Harry whirled around, eyes widening in shock before his expression suddenly turned to one of horror. He didn't know why Severus wanted to help, and did he say that Granpa Albus wanted to help too? What did that mean for him? "Daddy don't want Hawwy to cook?" He found himself asking piteously.

"We want to help you," Severus clarified as he headed over to the sink to wash his hands. He noticed that the old man had finally made his way into the kitchen coming to stand on the other side of Harry.

"Yes, won't you tell us what we are making today? It should be something that will fill us up, as we have a full day ahead of us." Albus replied conversationally.

Harry was staring at the men in disbelief, his gaze going from to the other and back again as he tried to make sense of what they were saying to him. "Why awe you hewping me?" He finally asked.

"Families like to do things together, it helps the bond that they have. I would like it if you didn't cook, but if you feel like you must I want you to know that I will be here to help you no matter what," Severus promised him firmly. "There is nothing you can say that would make me change my mind Harry," he added when it looked like the little boy might protest.

Harry was far from arguing, he had seen this once maybe on the telly. Families doing things together and liking it, and Severus wanted to do that with him? Not to mention Grandpa Albus, who was he to turn that down?

"We is making waffles," Harry said shyly.

"Anything else, perhaps some fruit?" Albus asked after a moment.

Harry nodded happily, he liked that idea. "Otay!" He replied happily as he went back to his stirring. Something happy blossomed in his chest as Severus leaned over him to make sure everything was good. He wanted to be the best he could be.

Severus didn't want to ruin it, but he knew he also needed to know what Harry had dreamed about, he only hoped Harry didn't get too down. "Hey buddy, I have to ask you a serious question alright? Do you think you'll be able to answer me honestly?"

Harry turned his head up, eyes going crossed eyed as he tried to look at his daddy. The man was standing behind him and without turning around it was a bit difficult. He felt a bit wary but he just hoped it wouldn't be that bad. "Yes daddy," he replied softly.

Albus turned from where he had been chopping up the fruit, to look at Severus and Harry. The tone that Severus had used had him wondering just what Harry had done, or what had happened.

"What was your nightmare about last night?" Severus asked gently.

Harry gasped softly; he should have expected this question and frowned at his own stupidity. He had woken the man up at some hour last night and had cried all over him. The man had let him and so he knew that Harry could at least tell him why. And just maybe because his daddy was so big and strong that he would be able to protect him from it. He gave a big sigh as he moved to step down from his stool.

"Missy, can you cook so I can tawk wiff daddy?" Harry asked softly as he turning to look at the house elf.

"Of course young master," Missy said happily, finally she would be able to do her job.

Severus stepped back and followed the child curiously, watching in amusement at the little raven hair child went over to Albus and grabbed a handful of the man's beard.

"One day I will ask you why they like to hold onto your beard so much," he muttered dryly as he looked at the Headmaster.

Albus's eyes twinkled in response as he turned to look down at their young charge. "Alright there, Harry?"

"Will you and daddy pwotect me?" Harry asked softly instead.

"Of course, we won't let anything happen to you," Albus reassured him quickly not wanting the tot to have any doubt.

"What was your dream about Harry?" Severus repeated a bit firmly this time. He didn't want to draw this conversation out; he already had a bad feeling about this as it was.

Harry sighed softly as he looked at the white beard that he had entangled in his little hands. He felt calmer and he gave a firm nod he could do this. "I dweamed about someone waffing really mean at me, and then a wady scweaming and den a gween light," he confessed softly.

Severus's eyes widened, dark orbs immediately going to seek out the bright blue orbs that had dimmed once they heard Harry's tale. They didn't know that Harry had remembered his mother's death, and Merlin he clutched at the sudden pain in his heart at the hurt he suddenly felt.

"Daddy?" Harry asked worriedly as he stared at the man in confusion. Why was his daddy touching his heart?

"Severus, do not let your thoughts go there we do not need to have this discussion again. You are not at fault, there was way too many variables in play for this to be on you," Albus told him firmly.

"But he remembers it, and dreams about it. How can we just ignore that?" Severus hissed out tiredly.

"We're not ignoring it, there are ways to help him with this," Albus reminded him gently.

"His mind is too young to even think that," Severus said automatically, knowing exactly what the man was talking about even without him having said it.

"No it's not, it's at the perfect age, and he won't even be aware he's doing it. Actually I think it might be best to teach it to Neville as well if he doesn't already know it that is," Albus murmured thoughtfully.

"We can discuss this later Albus, you and I will need to talk to the wolf today. After what he pulled last night I'm not sure I can trust him to be around the boys anymore," Severus admitted as he swiftly changed the subject.

Albus frowned before he turned to look down at the little boy who was looking at the house elf cook, but Albus was very much aware that the child was definitely listening to them. "Harry can you go wake up Neville and Draco and let them know that breakfast is ready?" He asked slyly.

Harry frowned as he looked up at the old man, he felt that they were talking about something important and he wanted to listen but he felt that they wouldn't like that. He sighed softly, before reluctantly letting go of the man's beard. "Otay I be wight back," he told them as he walked out the kitchen.

Severus narrowed his eyes as he pulled out his wand. "Muffilato," he murmured before he took a seat at the table.

"What exactly happened Severus?" Albus asked softly, unsure of what had occurred.

"Last night when Harry had his nightmare I was in my lab, and I left Lupin in charge of them knowing that he would alert me if one of the boys needed me. I assumed wrong as he did nothing of the sort," the potion master said darkly as his eyes narrowed.

"What do you mean?" The old man asked cautiously.

"Harry had that nightmare, the one he just explained of. And apparently he was hysterical and his scream woke everyone up. I had to learn from Neville that Harry pleaded at Lupin for me but the man ignored him. It was finally Draco who had the sense to call a house elf and I was alerted of the trouble. I don't know how long Harry was screaming for me, I'm too afraid to ask," Severus bit out as he grabbed the coffee that had appeared in front of him.

Albus frowned, for the moment at a loss at what to say. He wasn't sure just why Remus would deny Harry that comfort? If Harry was his cub as the man often thought of him then what must his wolf be thinking of him for that matter? "We will discuss that with him after breakfast when the boys are getting their things they wish to take with them for the day," he decided.

"You will be talking with him, I will be throwing him the hell out of my house," Severus seethed as the familiar anger took hold.

"Severus, please just let me speak with Remus first. I know that whatever that was last night he didn't mean to do," Albus said slowly, trying to be very careful with his words. He was all about second and fourth chances but Severus he knew could and would as he often had in the past, take it the wrong way.

"You can speak with him, but I think we might need to bring in someone else. Neville is not going to want to lean on him, I think the wolf has messed that up for him. And I can't keep choosing one boy over the other; he needs his own guardian for him. He needs that constant attention too," Severus added quietly.

Albus frowned, knowing that the man had a point. If he kept giving Remus chances what would the boys think of him if he was the one allowing for Neville to suffer? Maybe Remus could stay here but he could, bring in someone else since it seemed Remus was incapable of sorting through his feelings at the moment. Not to mention Severus was through giving the man chances, and given who the potion's master was Albus was just happy that he had given him a chance to begin with. It was no secret among any of the Professors that Severus hated Remus and everything he stood for. It was one of many things that Albus regretted not doing enough to help.

"Who else do you think might be able to help us for the next 2 weeks?" Albus asked quietly.

"Where is Minerva?" Severus asked immediately.

Albus shook his head. "I would have suggested her but she's visiting her family,"

"Who else is at the castle? Where is Poppy?" Severus murmured as he turned to look at Albus.

"At the castle, she was worried about me being there alone and by myself to boot," Albus said softly.

"You're not alone now, so that won't be an issue any longer. Shall we floo her and ask her if she would like to spend some time with the boys? If nothing else I know she wants to get a check up in. I know she might not be comfortable staying in a Manor with only males so I won't even offer that," Severus mused carefully.

"Maybe you should wait on that, just a bit Severus. I want to see where Remus's head is," Albus pleaded.

Severus frowned but gave a nod before sighing. "One other thing, and then we'll let our discussions go as the boys will be down soon,"

Albus nodded that he understood as he looked attentively at the man. "What is it?"

"Harry keeps managing to get pass my barrier on the steps, I don't know how he's doing it. It's almost like he goes through it, because I'm not even getting an alert warning me of the fact that he's gone passed it," Severus admitted with a frown.

"I see," the old man said carefully as he held in his grin. Clearly Harry could be just as resourceful as Severus when he wanted to be. He would need to see just what the child was doing as well.

~*~*Breaky Breaky~*~*~*

In the meantime Harry was upstairs helping his friends; well he wasn't helping them so much as he was playing with his deer on the bed as he watched them get dressed. He giggled as Draco slowly took his time, knowing the blonde boy wasn't a morning person.

"Hey Dwaco guess what?" Harry asked cheerfully, just wanting to boy to hurry up.

Draco yawned tiredly before he turned to look at Harry. "What?" He mumbled out as he pulled on his socks. He wanted nothing else but to get back into bed and sleep. Why did they have to get up so early anyway?

"Gwanpa Albus got hewe eawly," he informed him happily. He figured if the boy knew he would go a bit faster as Harry wanted to go back downstairs and be with his daddy.

Draco closed his eyes tiredly, before they suddenly snapped open as he looked at his friend in bewilderment.

"What did you say?" He asked slowly, as he was sure he had heard wrong.

"Gwanpa Albus is hewe aweady, he hewped me and daddy make bweakfast," Harry giggled.

"Why didn't you say he was hewe, I can't keep him waitin'," he rushed out suddenly wide awake as he hurried into the toilet to do his business needed in there.

Harry giggled as he turned towards Neville in amusement. "Dwaco is weally excited," he grinned happily.

Neville nodded in agreement. "I know," he said befoe he turned to look at Harry. "Are you awight after what happen last night?" He wanted to know.

"Yeah I tawked about it wiff Gwanpa and Daddy, and dey pwomised they would pwotect me," Harry told him proudly.

"Good, what did they say was going to happen to Uncle Remus?" Neville asked slowly. He had known what the man was doing last night and had been unable to help due to the emotions that had clouded him. He needed to speak with the man before Grandpa Albus or worst Uncle Severus got to him.

"I don't know dey sent me upstaiws when dey stawting tawking about him. I do know dat daddy was weally angry wiff him," Harry said with a frown. He was over it, as the last thing he remembered was getting out of Remus's arms and into his daddy's last night. That must have meant that his Uncle had finally listened to him. He had been out of it last night to even see.

"Oh," Neville said slowly as he pulled on his socks before he stood up. "I'll be wight back, you and Dwaco don't hafta wait for me," he told him. He was sure that the talk he needed to do was going to take a while and he didn't want to leave anyone waiting on them or worse get interrupted.

Harry nodded slowly unsure of where Neville was going but he didn't want to bug him in case the boy got mad. He still wasn't used to everyone being nice to him, and to the little boy he was sure that he would wake up and one day it would all go back to normal. Hence why he didn't bother questioning too much for fear he would mess everything up for himself.

Neville headed for the door, only turning back once he felt Harry's sudden flux of emotion and he frowned at the other boy. "I'm going potty in the hall cause Dwaco is in ours," he told the boy quickly.

"Oh," Harry said with a relieved smile as he turned to sit on his bed as he waited on his friend.

Neville smiled softly before he walked out into the hallway, before he headed for the man's bedroom. He had to do this, it needed to be done, and once it was over there would no issues after this he knew this for a fact. Some people were more stubborn then others, but he had seen the remorse and the realization in Remus's eyes last night and so he knew everything was going to be okay for all of them. He sighed and took a breath before he knocked on the door.

Remus frowned from where he was inside his room, packing up his clothes. He was under no illusions that Severus was going to give him the boot today and with good reason. Last night was uncalled for and for him to deny his cub that comfort left his wolf feeling angry with him. He knew where he went wrong and he knew it was partly his own fault; he should have tried harder to be a part of Harry's life regardless of what Albus had said.

 Look what listening to the man had led too, his cub spent his entire life abused. He sighed softly as he folded his clothes, glancing over at the knock on the door. He swallowed thickly; he figured that Severus would give him until after breakfast before kicking him out.

But this was no less then what he deserved. He was a Gryffindor and he could handle this, he had brought this on himself anyway. He would not allow himself to feel sorry for himself, as he had no one else to blame. He took a breath before he opened the door, his gaze going down as he stared at the brown haired child in surprise.

"Oh, good morning Neville, can I help you?" Remus asked slowly, wondering if there was something he had forgotten to do. He poked his head out in the hallway, expecting Severus there but he didn't see the man.

"He's downstairs wiff Gwanpa Albus," Neville said when the man looked out in the hallway.

"Oh, shouldn't you be down there with them?" Remus replied softly.

"I will be, but I wanted to talk wiff you fiwst," Neville told him smartly as he walked inside the man's room.

"What did you want to talk about?" Remus asked as he turned to face the child who he noted in amusement had scaled himself upon onto the tall bed.

"About last night, I needed you to know Somefing before Uncle Sev'rus talks to you," Neville answered honestly.

"Whatever Severus has to say won't be less then I deserved, I was horrible," Remus muttered out softly.

"You were," Neville agreed in the same tone. "But you know where you went wong now," he added.

"It doesn't matter; I have used all my chances up. It would be detrimental to even think about giving me even one more chance and allowing me to stay here. I cannot imagine how you must feel, how I treated you?" Remus said in disbelief.

Neville's eyes widened as he looked at the man curiously. "You didn't tweat me any kind of way, you've been nice to me," he reminded the man.

"I treated you poorly under the disguise of being nice; I never meant to make you feel like you were less then Harry. I never wanted you to think that you would always be second best," Remus told him apologetically, and he really hadn't he after all knew how that felt.

"You can't hewp how you feel," Neville stated slowly, and even though Remus had hurt him before he knew that your emotions were out of your own control. You couldn't control them all, not to mention why would you want too?

"I know that, but I can help how I make others feel," Remus replied promptly. "If your father was here I'd have no doubt he have cursed me a new one. Not to mention Sirius, he hates it when someone hurts a child, accidental or not," he chuckled dryly.

Neville sighed softly. "I fowgive you Uncle Remus and I don't want you to leave. I know you'll be better from now on," he said firmly.

Remus looked at the child in incredulity, even knowing that he had hurt him the child still wanted him to stay. "If Severus will allow me to stay which I doubt, I will stay and I will be a better guardian for you. I want you to know that you have someone for you, who believes in you Neville. Never forget that," he told him quietly.

"I won't fowget, just pwomise that'll you'll fight to stay wiff me. Show him that you hafta, that it's better for me that you awe here," Neville pressed him seriously.

Remus sighed softly, feeling for a moment that he was going into war, and he kind of was. Dealing with a Slytherin in rage was not an easy feat, especially ones like Severus. They tended not to forgive and with good reason. "I don't understand you child," he admitted.

"Most people don't," Neville admitted with a smile as he jumped off the man bed to stand on his own two feet. He was slightly curious about the Sirius man that Remus had mentioned but he didn't want to waste anymore time talking. He was hungry and could already smell the food from up here.

Remus gave the child a mystified look at the child's words, unsure of how he was to reply to that. However it didn't look like Neville was looking for an answer as the little boy happily skipped his way out of his room. The man sighed as pocketed his wand before following after him, it would do no good for him to wait.

Neville arched an eyebrow as he stopped in front of the staircase, looking at the two little boys in confusion. "I fought you went downstairs wiff Uncle Sev'rus," he said slowly wondering why they were still there.

"Uncle Sebbus has a silencing chawm on, he didn't hear me or Hawwy scweaming for him," Draco told him with a pout.

"Oh," Neville said before giggling. "Good fing Uncle Remus is here then," he told them.

Remus watched comically as both Draco and Harry's heads turned in his direction as he picked up Neville and waved his wand to carefully bring the other two children down the steps with them.

Harry was giggling as he and Draco were swimming in the air. This was favorite way to travel coming down the steps. He looked too his companions in amusement, happy to see that Draco seemed to enjoy it as well.  The little boy watched Remus set Neville on his feet before his magic gently setting Draco on the ground and ushering them into the kitchen. Harry himself was gently pulled out of the air and into the man's arms.

Remus figured he had about 2 minutes before Severus would come storming out into the hallway, thinking the worse. He had sent the other two boys into the kitchen first as he wanted to speak with Harry for a moment. He felt a bit lighter after his talk with Neville and wanted to right the wrongs. He didn't want his cub to hate him.

"I'm so sorry Harry, I never meant for you to feel like I was denying you Severus last night. And I'm sorry if it seemed like I was trying to take you away from him, I would never jeopardize your relationship," Remus told the child quickly.

Harry stared in confused, as Remus apologized to him. In his world, grownups didn't say sorry to him. He was the one always in the wrong, not to mention he didn't fully understand what Remus was saying sorry for. He gave a small shrug, before he hugged the man anyway.

"I fowgive you," he told him promptly knowing those were the correct words to say.

Remus smiled sadly before he set the child on his feet. "Off you go," he told him quietly.

Harry smiled happily at him before he toddled his way into the kitchen so he could have some breakfast.

As soon as Severus saw Harry, he blew out a breath of air in relief, helping the child into his chair as he turned to look at his other charges. About a minute before Harry had come into the kitchen Severus had stood up intent on rushing out to see what Lupin was doing to him. He wouldn't put it pass the man to kidnap the child, just so Harry could like him better. Severus shook the thought from his head, as he knew the wolf wouldn't go that far.

Nonetheless he was very relieved when Harry walked into the kitchen and took a seat. He canceled the charm around him and Albus and turned to each boy to greet them. He stood up with Albus, they had already eaten a bit and if they wanted anything else they would eat later. He didn't see the wolf come in so he knew the man was waiting for them.

"We'll be in the sitting room, if you need us," Albus told the boy as they looked up at them.

"You not gonna eat bweakfast?" Draco asked pitifully. He had rushed as fast as he could to be downstairs with the old man and he and his godfather were leaving them. He sighed softly.

"Maybe a bit later love, there's something Severus and I need to take care of with Remus," Albus told him softly.

Draco frowned before he turned his gaze from the old man and back to his food. He didn't honestly believe that but what could he do. He supposed that Grandpa Albus just didn't wanna deal with him yet, he knew that happened. He swallowed the lump in his throat before reaching for his juice. He didn't look up again, aware that Neville was looking at him.

Severus ushered Albus out of the kitchen before the man caved and sat there with Draco. He didn't want to prolong this; he wanted this damn talk over with. Not to mention he had seen the look on his godson's face, they would need to do some damage control later. He sighed before they headed to the sitting room to find Lupin waiting for them.

"I already know what you're going to say, but before you say anything let me speak," Remus said quickly knowing that if he didn't speak first he probably wouldn't get anything in. And once Severus's mind was made up, only maybe Albus would be able to get him to change it.

Severus arched a dark eyebrow in response, his gaze turning to Albus who was clearly saying to give the man a chance.

"I've already apologized to both Harry and Neville, and had a discussion with the latter as well. I know where I went wrong this time, and one of the things we spoke about was our emotions. I know now how much you mean to Harry, I understand that now Severus, but I couldn't help how I felt. It's the same thing when you think about it from another angle; you hate James Potter on principle because of what we did to you back in school. And when his son came to school you hated him as well. But you managed to work through that emotion otherwise you would have never been able to take him in like you have done. I've worked through my feelings it just took me a bit longer to do it. I will not fail in my duties again," he said firmly as he watched the other man take in his words.

Albus grinned at that and clapped his hands eagerly; he had been waiting for Remus to finally get it. He turned to Severus to see the man frowning but then again that was nothing new. "Severus, don't hold it in," he gently pressed him knowing the other man wanted to say something.

"I don't want you here, even less than before. You hurt all of them whether you meant too it or not, but I know Neville understands something that we don't. And I don't want him hurt by my actions as well. You may stay, but note that Poppy will be around as well, just until I'm sure that you really do have the boy's best interests at heart," Severus stated tightly.

Remus was surprised he had figured he was done for. He didn't mind Poppy being there if he was being honest but he wasn't going to say that. "I understand and I won't fail," he repeated sincerely.

"You are on thin ice wolf; I will not allow any more pain to come to Neville, not to mention your actions last night. What the bloody fuck were you even thinking? How could you think that denying Harry some comfort would be any good? Are you out of your blasted mind?" Severus blurted out, unable to keep quiet on that any longer.

Remus opened his mouth to answer that, already wincing at the sharp tone only to cock his head to the side in disbelief before he turned his gaze to Albus. "You didn't spell the room?"

Albus frowned and shook his head, he had forgotten that small detail, but he assumed that they were far enough. He had just wanted to make sure that nothing led to fight; one could never tell when the blood got boiling. "I didn't,"

Remus frowned in earnest before he winced again. "The boys learned a couple new words," he stated delicately.

Severus's eyes widened as he pulled his wand out to spell an amplifying spell so that he and Albus could hear what the children were indeed saying, the argument forgotten for the moment.

Back in the kitchen Harry was staring at Draco in disbelief at what the boy had just said. He knew from his Uncle that those were bad words and he wasn't supposed to say it. He knew that only a few months ago, Dudley had gotten his first smacking as he had said what Draco had said. It had been a monumental day at the Dursely household and Harry had been secretly happy about it. Back to the present though he was looking in perpetual shock at the blonde hair, was Draco trying to get killed?

"Bloody fuckity fuck, It's a weally funny word I wonder what it means," Draco giggled in amusement.

"Stop saying that Dwaco, those awe bad words," Neville told him frantically as he turned his gaze to the empty doorway. He didn't want to get in trouble this early; the day hadn't even started yet.

"It can't be dat bad of a word if my Uncle Sebbus just said it," he pointed out.

"Uncle Sev'rus is angry at Uncle Remus wight now, that's why he said dat," Neville told him seriously.

"Awe you suwe?" Draco asked slowly as he thought of something.

"Yes I'm vewy suwe," Neville replied quickly.

"Which one of the words dat I said was bad?" Draco asked slyly.

"The fuckity fuck one was," Neville replied smartly before he gasped and put his hands over his mouth in horror as he realized what he had just said. "Dwaco!"

Draco broke out into giggles at that, Neville had swore too! "Lookit what you said Nebille," he snickered.

Harry frowned as he looked at his friends in confusion. "So bwoody isn't a bad word den?" He clarified.

"No Hawwy, you can't say bloody either, it's just da other one is worser," Neville told him before gasping again. "I'm so dead," he moaned as he covered his face with his heads.

"No you not, Uncle Sebbus said it," Draco promised him happily. He refused to think otherwise, sure he knew some words were bad but if his godfather said then it couldn't be too bad. He looked up to the man and he just knew that his Uncle wouldn't say words like that.

"How can bwoody even be bad? What happens if you'we bweeding? Do you get in twouble for saying dat?" Harry asked skeptically.

Neville only moaned in response, unsure if he could answer without unintentionally swearing himself. He was just glad that the adults couldn't hear them now.

However that couldn't be far from the truth as the three men were standing there in silence, horror etched on their faces. It was Severus who spoke first, taking out his wand and spelling the room.

"I ought to curse you good Lupin, just look at this mess we have to deal with now," Severus hissed out. Now that he could swear he wasn't inclined at the moment. He was still reeling from what he heard the boys say.

Remus gave him an unimpressed look. "I'm not the one who said it," he replied back in return fighting to keep the amusement off of his face.

Albus was grinning unable to help himself, he knew he needed to stop the men from arguing before it escalated but he was just way too amused at the moment. "I think we can finish this discussion later, we have all the main bits sorted gentlemen," he said suddenly reminding them he was here.

Severus turned to look at the old man to find him grinning at him, which had the dark man arching an eyebrow questioning at the man. "Is there something on my face?"

"Not at all Severus, I know we need to talk with them but you must admit it's quite funny hearing those foul words coming from their mouths," he chuckled out.

Remus agreed with Albus but he didn't want the Potion's Master ire on him any longer He sighed softly as he moved from his chair. "What are we going to do about that?"

"Nothing, just politely tell them that it's a foul word and only adults are allowed to say that. And if they say it again they will have to go to time out," Albus said slowly. He knew that Severus was reluctant to punish Neville or Harry but he knew that each child needed to know how normal punishments went.

Severus gave a curt nod before he turned and headed out the room. He knew Albus needed to speak with the wolf and he needed to speak with his charges. He said nothing as he headed back to the kitchen, coming to stand in the doorway for a moment before he strode fully into the room. He didn't want to frighten them like he did the students at school.

"Uncle Sev'rus, hi," Neville said softly, his eyes going from left to right as if he was looking for all the obvious exits.

"Hello Neville," Severus said casually.

Neville was very much aware that Draco and Harry both had quieted once the dark man had entered the kitchen and he knew why that was. He gulped silently wondering if the man had heard any of their conversation.

"I just want you boys to know that the two words I uttered in the other room were not for your ears. And as saying such, I do not want you boys to say them, they are very naughty words," Severus told them bluntly.

Draco slid down a bit in his chair as his godfather's eyes flicked to him. He got a sickening feeling in his stomach, had the man heard them? He wasn't going to ask, he had self preservation skills after all!

"What happen if we do say dem?" Harry asked slowly, as he liked to know the consequence of his every action. That's the way he grew up; it was easier to prevent what you know instead of going in blind.

"I'm so happy you asked that Harry as it varies based on how many times you say it. The first time you say it you will be getting a stern talking too and then spending some time in the corner. If you say it a second time you'll be excluded from our activities that day and will spend the entire day in your room only coming out for meals and the toilet," Severus told him seriously.

"What does excwuded mean?" Harry asked in confusion.

"It means you will not be joining in our fun that day," Severus explained.

"Oh," Harry said frowning that didn't sound fun at all.

"What happens if you say it a thiwd time?" Neville asked quietly, as the man had counted down and he knew how adults ran things.

"I hope we never get to three, as you will end up over my lap for a spanking and then a mouth washing with some soap. I don't think we will have any trouble with you three about it so there's no need to worry," Severus assured him.

But Neville wasn't placated as he himself had said two swear words previously. And even though the man hadn't heard them, he knew he was still guilty of saying it. He didn't want to out himself and get in trouble, but could he honestly live with this guilt? He turned to look at his friends to see how they were dealing with this.

Draco was nearly underneath the table, and he hadn't said a word this entire conversation which was unusual in itself as he normally would have spoken up. The blonde hair boy didn't like lying to his godfather the man could spot a lie a mile away, he didn't want the day ruined already.

Harry was looking at his empty plate silently as he chanced a peek at the man in front of him. He was just gonna confess, he couldn't take this tight feeling in his heart.

Severus knew immediately the impact that his words had on them; each of them seemed to be struggling with their guilt. He wasn't going to punish them this time, well not if one of them spoke up that is. He just wanted them to know that they weren't allowed to say it.

Neville sighed as he looked back down at his hands before he suddenly frowned. He could feel amusement and he turned his gaze incredulously to look at his Uncle. "You know aweady don't you?" He asked finally.

"Yes I do, Remus heard you," Severus replied with a pointed look.

Neville grimaced honestly he should have figured out that, he knew Remus was a wolf and they had very good ears. "We awe vewy sowwy and won't say it again," he promised him softly.

"I know you won't," Severus said with a smile. "Now why don't you guys head up the steps to grab the toy you want to take with you today," he told them.

Neville nodded as he jumped down from his chair, Draco following a moment later and heading for the door. He hesitated for a moment as he became aware that Harry wasn't following them.

Harry was looking up at Severus. "You not mad?" He breathed out softly.

"No buddy I'm not mad, just don't say those words again," Severus told him.

"Hawwy won't," he promised firmly before giving the man a swift hug and running to Neville as they hurried out the kitchen to grab their toys.

~*~*Line a breaking~*~**~*~

By the time the boys had finally come back down with their toys and after all the toilet breaks had been had Severus was waiting for each child by the fireplace.  He knew they all had one more thing they needed to do before they could head to Diagon Alley. He knew the children needed to be disguised and he had opted to go with the potion method. This one was safer as the only way to counter the glamour was to take the antidote which he also had.

A glamour made by a spell had a risk of coming undone and Harry's safety was the utmost importance so they were going the potion way. The only thing with the potion was each of them had to put a hair of their own into the vial and when the boys drank it they would take on their guardian's features to an extent. It was an ingenious potion if he did say so himself.

"Okay, if you boys are ready I need you each to drink this vial," Severus told them as he bent down to their level. He handed both Albus and Lupin a vial and focused on Harry instead. "It's not going to taste very good but it's really important that you drink it anyway," he told the child.

Harry nodded solemnly even as he made a face at the smell as the man placed the vial at his lips. He could hear Draco whining about not taking it and even though he didn't want to do it he knew that Severus would be happy if he did so he took the vial and carefully tipped it into his mouth. His cheeks puffed up involuntarily as his body instinctively tried to spit it out.

"Swallow it Harry," Severus told the child firmly.

Harry whimpered and made a face shutting his eyes tight as he obediently swallowed the potion. "Dat wasn't good," he whispered out once it was all down his throat. He made a face as his stomach tried to rebel and gagged. He frowned as Severus tipped another vial into his mouth. He was all set to spit that one up only it tasted like peppermint. He swallowed it easily and turned back to the man in disbelief.

"How come da other one didn't taste wike that?" He asked suspiciously.

"That is another subject for another day," Severus said watch as Harry's features changed.

Thankfully Lily's eyes stayed but he was no longer recognized as the son of James Potter. He turned to check out the other two boys, Neville looked like Lupin and also looked like he would blend the most in the crowd and he hoped the man had spelled the child with the same spell as Albus had done to Draco. Speaking of which he turned to look at his godson smirking in amusement as he was awarded when two sets of blue twinkling eyes were set on him.

"Wow," Harry replied softly as he got a look at Draco. "You wook wike Gwanpa Albus,"

"And you wook like Uncle Sebbus," he told him honestly.

"Alright, now we are ready, I'll floo with Harry first," Severus said as he picked up the child and turned to head to the floo. "Remember to close your eyes and keep your mouth close buddy," he cautioned him as they disappeared into the green flames.

Severus smoothly stepped out the fireplace at the Leaky Cauldron and stepped away so whoever went next would have the room to stand. When they were all there they trooped over to the alley way and into the passage to Diagon Alley. Severus opened his mouth to speak when he caught sight of Diagon Alley in all its Holiday glory.

"Wow," Harry breathed out in awe his head swiveling from side to side as he tried to see everything. There were lights and decorations everywhere and in the middle of the square there was a giant tree. The little boy's mouth was wide open in his delight. "Pwetty,"

"It is, isn't it Harry?" Albus said cheerfully as he turned to give Severus a smug look. He had promised that the boys would like it. And this was only the beginning.

"If any of you boys' desire to head into a store let us know and we will. Today is your day," Severus told them.

"I wanna see da bwooms Uncle Sebbus," Draco blurted out after the man had spoken.

"I know you do, and we will dragon," Severus promised him.

"I wanna see da books," Harry said shyly.

"We will be passing the bookstore in a moment so we might get to see that first," Remus said as he nodded at Flourish and Botts coming up.

"And what did you want to see Neville?" Severus asked curiously.

"The pet store," he told him proudly. "I wanna see what aminals dey got,"

Severus nodded they would get to do all of that and a bit more. It seemed like they had a few activities for the children in the alley way. He had never come here during the holidays before so this was his first time as well. He knew that the boys would definitely be enjoying themselves.

"Oh and after, I think it would be better if we split up as well," Albus added.

"Why would we do that?" Severus asked slowly.

"I'm sure that the boys want to get presents for one another without the other seeing," Albus said cheerfully. Not to mention the old man wanted to get something for both Severus and Remus as well.

Draco clapped his hands together excitedly at that suggestion, he definitely wanted to get something for his new friends. And with Grandpa Albus's help it would be the perfect gift for them too. "Yes Uncle Sebbus we hafta do that," he told the man firmly.

Severus raised an eyebrow in response at his godson before he nodded his head in defeat. "Very well, we can do that. Maybe just do that first and then we can meet up and enjoy the festivities," he told them. As much as he hated crowds he knew it would be a lot easier to get the shopping done now while the stores only had a few people. He knew once noon hit the alley would be filled with witches and wizards alike.

"An hour should be long enough I think," Albus replied thoughtfully. "Where should we meet after we are done?"

"I think it should be at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour  as by then they'll be a bit hungry for a snack and I promised Draco a treat for what he did last night for Harry," Severus replied conversationally ignoring the wince he saw the wolf give out of the corner of his eye. He couldn't help rubbing it in, but he wasn't going to let the man get off that easy.

If Lupin survived everything Severus dished at him then maybe he would give the man a break but after what he did last night that might be a long time coming regardless of whether or not Neville had too forgiven him.

"That sounds about right then, I will see you all in an hour," Albus said cheerfully as he headed off down the alley way.

Severus looked down at the little boy in his arms, as Neville and Lupin left as well. He really wanted to get Harry's opinion on what to get his friends. He was sure the child had never done this and he wanted him to experience everything he could. He could only imagine how Christmas was going to be. Severus started heading for the wizarding toy store knowing they would probably find whatever they needed in there.

The Potion's master faltered in his steps for a moment as he took a breath as he was hit with the realization that Christmas was the day after tomorrow. Where had the time even gone? Albus had definitely been right about them needing to come today, because there was no way in hell he was coming out at all tomorrow. He turned to the little boy in his arms and smiled fondly.

"Do you have idea on what you want to give Draco and Neville for Christmas?" He asked curiously.

Harry's eyes widened he hadn't fully realized he was going to get to pick out what his friends might want. He smiled widely as he rubbed his chin with his index finger like he had seen his Grandpa Albus do before he nodded slowly.

"I fink I know what to Neville wants," Harry admitted slowly and he kind of did. He was a very observant little boy he had to be to survive what he did.

"Oh, and what might that be?" Severus asked softly.

"Somefing to do wiff pwants," Harry told him proudly.

Severus grinned as he knew that Harry had hit the nail on the head with that. "And we shall, let's go see what they have in here that has to do with that," he said as they entered the store.

Even the fact that it wasn't yet Christmas Eve or noon the store was bit overcrowded then usual and Severus didn't feel comfortable letting Harry walk on his own feet. But it seemed the little boy was in the same frame of mind as his guardian as Harry just held on tighter to the man as they walked down the aisle.

Severus recognized that once they got to the section that should house different types of magical toys that the wizarding world was sorely lacking in that department. He would need to go out into the muggle world later on today to grab the gardening set for the child as they wouldn't find it here.

Harry frowned as he finally squirmed down and to the ground standing up and looking around the aisle. "It's not here daddy," he said with a disappointed face.

"I know, later on today we will have to make a stop in the muggle world to grab it. So for now I think just pick something that Draco might like," Severus told him instead.

Content with that idea the little raven haired child nodded his head and held onto the man's hand for safety as they walked down the aisle. "Now what to get Dwaco," Harry murmured to himself.

Severus smiled softly to him as he watched the little boy coming out his shell as he tried to figure out what Draco might want. "Do you want any help buddy?" He offered.

Harry shook his head before coming to a stop in a completely different aisle. "This is what Dwaco wants, I just know it," Harry told him proudly as he pointed out the toy.

"He already has a train set Harry," Severus told him carefully as he didn't want to hurt the child's feelings.

"Not one wike dis, he said that he weally wanted da twain dat looks like the Hogwawts expwess," he said confidently.

"Alright Harry we'll get it, and another one too," Severus said slowly. He after all knew his godson a bit more then Harry. That way if the blonde Slytherin ended up not liking the train set then they would have his second gift to fall back on.

"Okay," Harry said happily eagerly following the man as they came to the aisle that housed the toys that resembled potions. The little boy looked on in awe watching with a bit of envy as Severus grabbed a 1st little potions kit. He frowned and forced himself to look at his feet instead not wanting to give himself away.

 Every since Neville had told him why his guardian constantly smelled of those strange smells Harry had been intrigued. He wanted to brew potions knowing that in doing so he would be doing something that his guardian adored and loved. He figured it would make the man love him more, not to mention they looked like fun. He swallowed thickly as his gaze went back to the shelf involuntarily as he gave the item a longing look.

Severus wasn't a spy for nothing and saw the look for what it was. He hadn't realized that Harry might have wanted to learn potions too. He figured that the boy had hated them, considering how abysmal he did in his class. He frowned at himself as he remembered how he had used to treat the child. Maybe that was why the boy didn't bother trying, he couldn't blame him.

Who in their right minds could enjoy potions with a teacher constantly breathing down their neck trying to find their faults? He nodded slowly knowing what he had to do, as he ruffled the child's hair. It was just their luck that they happen to see Lupin and Neville walking pass their aisle a moment later.

"Lupin, can you watch Harry for a moment? I need to grab something without him seeing," Severus called out quietly knowing the man's ears would pick it up.

Remus sighed softly wanting to say no regardless of the fact that this was his cub. He was afraid of having a small relapse and didn't want to hurt Neville anymore. They had been enjoying their time together and had just been about to grab Harry's present but he supposed it could wait for now.

"Sure," he murmured out looking down as he felt Neville tug on his cloak.

"You'll be fine Uncle Remus you know better now," Neville said with a grin.

"I suppose I do don't I," Remus said softly.

Neville nodded happily as he held his hand out to Harry as they headed through the store leaving Severus to do what he needed to do.

~%~%~%breaking a page~%~%~%~

The romp through the toy store didn't take as long as it could of as each child had gone in with a clear picture of what the other boys might like. And it was with that mindset that had everyone with their gifts and out of the store within the half hour. 

Severus picked up Harry once more and rested him on his hip as they shrunk their packages and placed them in their bags. As they had exited out the store together they all simply walked to the ice cream shop. He wasn't sure each child was truly hungry just yet but he also knew they would never turn down ice cream and he had promised.

"After we get ice cweam can we go to the pet store? Pwease," Neville asked hopefully.

"I suppose since its right across the street anyway," Severus told him as they all trooped inside to get their ice cream. He figured he knew what to expect giving the kids sweets this early but he underestimated it a bit and as a result ended up a bit more frazzled when they were finished.

"Boys if you would please sit down and wait until everyone is finished," Albus scolded the children gently.

Harry laughed in response to that, unable to help it with all the energy currently coursing through his body at that moment. He had never had such good ice cream as that before and he was definitely more energetic then he had been coming in. It was all so sweet and so very very good. He giggled happily as he leaned over to bop Draco on the head.

"You'we it!" He cheered before he disappeared underneath the booth. He could hear both Severus and Albus and even Remus trying to get them to calm down but he just couldn't. How did they expect him to contain himself now?

"No I not, you cheated Hawwy!" Draco yelled in return as he scooted underneath the booth intent on getting the raven haired boy.

"This was bad idea, I knew I should have listened to my gut," Severus muttered out as he turned his gaze to where Neville seemed to be vibrating in his seat. He was just happy that the boy wasn't running around with the other two, it was already proving to be difficult to catch them. And from the way the Longbottom heir was looking he was sure that his luck was about to run out.

"Next time, we are getting it to go. I would feel safer if they were running around the manor instead of here," Remus admitted softly.

"I completely agree wolf," Severus murmured before he suddenly stood up. "Don't you dare, Draco Lucian Malfoy!" He said firmly, even as his heart thudded frantically in his chest at the implications. What if he hadn't turned around in time?

Draco's eyes widened comically as he froze in place as he heard his godfather's voice. He gulped at the man's tone but obediently didn't move from where he had been about to leave out of the parlor. He shrunk into himself as his godfather started to walk over to him which left Draco pouting, as after all Harry had gotten to run out. That wasn't fair and the further Harry got the less chance Draco had in catching him. And he didn't want to be it anymore so he had to get him!

"What in Merlin's name were you thinking of doing Draco? Are you out of your mind?" Severus asked in disbelief as he bent down to look the toddler in the eye.

Draco squirmed at the sudden attention on him feeling a bit embarrassed at getting scolded, especially because he hadn't even left yet. He huffed softly before he pouted. "I was chasing Hawwy," he told the man with a frown. "He got to weave but I didn't," he added. If he was getting in trouble, Harry was going down with him. They were all in this together right?

Severus opened his mouth to scold the boy a little bit more only to freeze suddenly as he become conscious of what the child had just stated. That statement caused the man to do a complete turnaround, his wand coming out instinctively as he glanced at Albus fearfully. He knew he couldn't yell out Harry's name like he had with Draco's as he knew how the people would react.

 He was terrified thinking of all the worst things of something happening to that little boy. He picked up his godson and hurried back to the table where Lupin and Albus was looking at him worriedly.

"Harry's gone, we need to find him," Severus bit out anxiously before he turned to walk out of the ice cream shop. He knew they would check the shop but he already knew that Harry wasn't in there. He was aware that his godson was whining about wanting to stay with Albus but Severus wasn't hearing any of it, he just needed to find Harry. He headed for the bookstore knowing that it was the one place that the child himself had said he wanted to see first.

Unbeknownst to their worries, the child that they were looking for was giggling as he continued to weave through the people of the alley sure that Draco was catching up to him. Harry laughed playfully running for a moment before he stopped to catch his breath. He grinned happily to himself as he saw that he had lost sight of Draco figuring that he had probably won. He was always good at running away from people though he knew the blonde hair boy might get him later for now he would celebrate his victory.

The little boy was proud of himself, his eyes still wide in wonder even more as he stood with a few children in front of a window that held a broom. He knew from Draco's stories and Severus reading to him that they used brooms to fly and not to clean up. That just meant he was itching to try it and eagerly pressed his face close to the window trying to see more of the racing broom. As he was all the way in the front he missed seeing Remus with Neville in his arms running pass with a frantic expression on their face.

Harry smiled happily as he finally scooted away from the big group in front of the broom store. He looked both ways as he was taught before he crossed the street, remembering that they were supposed to visit the pet shop after they ate their ice cream. He didn't want them to worry and so he toddled his way there, pushing the door open easily.

He frowned when he didn't see his guardians but he wasn't too worried. He had been on his own before and he knew sometimes people took their time getting somewhere. He knew his Aunt constantly did it when she came to pick them up from school. The little boy pushed through the older kids that were in there as he looked at what seemed to be a type of kitten. They were all so adorable, and he only grinned wider as he went throughout the store looking at the rest of the animals.

His wonderings led him to the back of the store and him frowning as he noted that the entire time he had been there he hadn't see any blonde hair or white beard or anything to alert him that his family was here too.  Where were they? He felt a bit of mild panic at the realization that maybe they had forgotten about him. He didn't want to get left here even if he loved everything.

He would much rather be at the Manor with Severus. He gasped softly before pressing his hands over his eyes as they stung. He wanted to be a big boy but he felt like crying. Was he lost? He sniffled softly, really to full blown start crying when he suddenly heard something.

~Why isss the hatchling crying? What isss wrongsss?~

Harry looked up as he quickly swiped his eyes with his hands. "I'm not crying," he said hotly as he looked around to see who had been talking.

~Of coursssse you're not dear, but what issss the matter young one?~

The little boy looked around a bit fearfully as he didn't see anyone but he knew someone was speaking to him. "Who...who said dat?"

~I did little ssspeaker, down here little one~

Harry glanced down only to find a tank with snakes looking up at him. He gulped tearfully as he saw a black one looking directly at him. "Are you talking to me?" He asked softly.

~I am, now what sssseems to be the matter?~

"I'm lost," Harry whimpered out unaware that his words had changed to hissing.

~I sssseee, I will help you find whoever it isss you are looking for. Just reach your hand into the tank and I will wrap myself around you~

Harry was a bit worried about the other snakes biting him but he really wanted to go back with Severus and Draco and wanted to be safe. He nodded slowly as he obediently did what the snake wanted. He didn't know it but the snake that was carefully wrapping itself around his arms was a very lethal animal. Nonetheless he let it get comfortable which meant it was underneath its robes with its head resting on Harry's shoulder.

Harry smiled softly as he walked back to the front of the store, he wasn't sure how the snake was planning on finding his family but he would trust it. It had been very nice to him. Not seeing his group yet again, Harry walked out of the store unintentionally stealing the snake as he glanced around the alley once more.

He could see a building down the street from him that said wands. He knew that Grandpa Albus and Severus and Remus all had wands so maybe if he could get a wand he could find them. Weren't they even looking for him? Harry crossed the street, and headed down the street and didn't look back.

If he did he would have seen Severus and Draco enter in the pet shop looking for him. Harry blew out a breath before opening the wand shop shivering slightly as he felt the magic in the shop. He looked around the empty place and frowned, unsure of why he thought getting a wand would help him in his quest. He sighed before he turned to head back out the door.

"Wait just a minute," a voice stated carefully before he nodded and the door to the shop locked to keep the child from escaping.

Harry turned around slowly, his eyes wide in fear; the snake who had yet to be named had lifted up and hissed threateningly at the man defensively.

The old man wasn't even fazed as he stared at the child in front of him. "Are you Harry?" Ollivander asked him quietly. He faintly recognized the child in front of him but the disguise on him made him unsure of whom exactly who he was seeing.

"How do you know my name?" Harry asked softly, he was well and truly afraid. What if this man wanted to hurt him, he had magic and could and Harry would be powerless to stop it.

"Albus was in here earlier looking for you, I told him I would let him know if I saw you," he answered honestly.

Harry's heart landed in his throat at that, his eyes widened a bit more but not in fear this time in a bit of relief. "Gwanpa Albus was here? How wong? Whewe did he go?" Harry babbled out, just wanting to find the man and then never let him go. He didn't like being lost.

"I will call him to us not to worry Harry, matter fact why don't you take a seat there and have a snack," Garrick told the child soothingly.

Harry nodded slowly as he took a seat at the table watching as a cup of milk and some cookies popped up in front of him. He bit into the warm cookie watching in wonder as the man waved his wand and something white came out of it.

He dropped a bit of his treat as the white mist formed into some kind of animal. He didn't know all of his animals yet so he couldn't even guess what it was. The man seemed to talk to it for a moment before it disappeared out the door.

"What was dat?" Harry wanted to know.

"That young Harry was a Patronus, I've sent a message to Albus to let him know that you are here and he should be here momentarily," the wandmaker replied. He was just glad he had found the child, he could only imagine what would have happened if the boy had accidentally ventured into Knockturn Alley.

"Oh, I'm gwad too I was so scawed," Harry told the man seriously.

"I can imagine," the man answered in the same tone. "Why do you have snake on your shoulder?"

Harry shrugged at the man. "He said he was gonna hewp me but I just fink it wanted to be fwee. So when we go outswide da alley I'm gonna wet him go," he promised.

Ollivander only grinned before he flicked his wrist to unlock his door, which proved to be the best decision as it opened only a second later. He smiled at his good friend before nodding at the child at the table. "There he is Albus, safe and sound," he told the man.

Albus sighed in relief when he saw the child and quickly picked him up and brought him to his chest. He noted that the boy clung to him and he couldn't really blame him. "Where did you go child?" He whispered out softly.

"I got wost," Harry whimpered out sadly.

"I know you did, we were all so worried about you," Albus told him honestly.

"Whewe's Dwaco? Is he wost too?" Harry asked in a horrified tone as he saw that Draco wasn't with the old man. And the last he remembered was Draco chasing him.

"No Draco is perfectly fine, Severus has him. It was you we were all worried about honey," Albus told him softly as he kissed the top of the boy's head.

Harry hugged the man tightly happy that the snake wasn't moving. He couldn't wait until he could put it down, he didn't want to frighten anyone with it. He just wanted it to be free. Harry didn't have to wait that long when the door burst open again and in rushed Remus and Neville. He looked at them with a bemused expression on his face.

"Awe you guys okay?" Harry asked softly.

"We should be asking you that cub," Remus replied seriously.

"Evewytime we got cwose to you, you wan again," Neville told him with a frown.

Harry frowned too, had he been that close to getting found? Why hadn't he seen them? "Weally?"

"Yes weally, I felt you and Uncle Remus smelled you but you were too fast," Neville said as he looked at the child hard. He wasn't angry at Harry just he had been worried sick, and for a moment he had thought that someone had taken Harry or something.

"I'm sowwy," Harry replied sadly.

"Its okay cub, we aren't blaming you," Remus promised him as he looked behind him before he suddenly moved away from the door. "Severus was frantic with worry, so I think it might be best that we leave after this. I think we've had enough excitement for one day,"

Harry nodded meekly, even if he kind of wanted to stay. He knew that he and Severus would still get to shop some more though as they had to give Neville a present too. "Daddy," Harry whispered out as he saw the door opened one last time.

Severus rushed towards Albus, relieved to see Harry was in one piece. He had been beside himself with worry afraid that someone had snatched the child up. Not to mention the crying child on his hip who was just convinced that Harry running and getting lost was his own fault. He breathed a sigh of relief as he reached out to cup the child's face in his hand just to make sure he was truly okay.

"Oh buddy, you had us worried so," Severus told him softly.

"I'm sowwy, I didn't mean to get wost," Harry told him apologetically.

"That's alright, it was partly my fault, I should have spelled you with my magic," he answered honestly. He should have and he wouldn't be making that mistake again.

Harry nodded slowly as he laid his head on the old man's shoulder. After that ordeal, even though he wanted to stay he wanted to go home to get some sleep first. "Awe we still gonna go get Nebille's gift?" He wanted to know.

"Yes, we're leaving now and going to get it. We will meet you both at the Manor," Severus told Remus and Albus.

"If you don't mind Severus, Neville and I would like to go as well. We can go in the next aisle while you pick something out for him. We would just feel a lot better if Harry was in our sights," Remus told him immediately.

"Couldn't have said it better myself," Albus added in as he waved to his good friend as they exited the wand shop and ended up back in the alley.

Harry was yawning but peeking over at Draco who had his face still in Severus's shoulder. He hadn't heard the other boy speak yet so he was worried again. "Dwaco, awe you mad at Hawwy?"

Draco shook his head silently. "It's all Dwaco's fauwt Hawwy got wost," he blubbered out tearfully.

Harry stared at the little blonde boy in confusion. "No you not, you was chasing me but you didn't make me get wost," he pointed out.

Draco didn't answer at that even as Harry had a point, he still responsible. If he hadn't been chasing his friend none of this would have happened. He was sure his godfather was just waiting for the moment when he could spank him. And Draco knew he agreed wholeheartedly with him, he deserved this. He ignored the eyes he suddenly felt on him knowing Neville was trying to get his attention. He wouldn't listen to the other boy knowing he would try to tell him that it wasn't his fault but Draco knew the truth.

Harry frowned when Draco buried his face back into Severus's shoulder, feeling pretty awful at the moment. He had ruined their day it seemed like it. Especially as they walked back to the side of the alley where you could enter into the muggle world; no one had yet spoken. He sniffled sadly as he held onto the old man.

"Where are we going?" Albus asked curiously.

"The alley in Manchester near Hamley's," Severus informed him before he turned on his heel and disappeared with Draco.

Albus sighed and patted Harry's head before he and Remus did the same. They appeared in the other alley, watching as Severus finished spelling a notice me not charm on the opening. He set Harry down carefully watching as the child suddenly pulled something off of his shoulder.

"Harry what da heck awe you doing wiff a snake?" Neville blurted out as he looked at the boy in worry.

Harry winced as everyone turned to look at him and his companion, the adults with looks of horror.

"It's poisonous," Severus whispered out as he took his wand slowly.

"I'm setting it fwee, don't huwt it," Harry told him as he hissed at it once more before he set it down. He watch with a smile as it slithered through a hole in the wall.

Dwaco's eyes were wide in delightly when Harry hissed at it. "You can tawk to it?" He asked in a voice filled with awe.

"Yes can't you?" Harry asked in confusion as Draco started babbling to him about having such a special gift.

Severus was staring at the boy silently; he had forgotten that the child could speak to snakes. He didn't bother looking to his godson knowing that the boy already was gushing about it being the coolest thing. He had better things to do and quickly spelled Harry, a weight suddenly lifting off his chest as he knew Harry had no chance of getting lost again. As it was as soon as they got back to the Manor they were due for a talk, he needed the boy to know not to do that again even with the spell.

Harry went back to Albus as he became aware of something and tugged on the man's cloak uneasily. "I gotta go potty," he informed the man anxiously.

"Of course you do," Albus answered in amusement as he looked at Severus to see if he was ready to head out to the toy shop.

"We need to transfigure our clothes, we're still wearing cloaks," Severus said answering the unasked question.

"Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that," Remus said as he set Neville and pulled out his wand.

Harry watched with a frown on his face, tugging on the man's arm again. He had been lost for an hour and his liquids had caught up with him and he was more than ready to empty them out. He didn't want to add to this horrible day by having an accident. "I hafta go," he repeated out urgently.

"Severus maybe you should take Harry ahead while I finish spelling the other two boys," Albus suggested.

The Potion Master shook his head in refusal as he moved a bit down the alley before bending down. "Come here Harry," he said instead. He didn't want to separate again, he felt better as Lupin had pointed out when they were in a group. That being said they weren't at risk of being seen and Harry was a little boy anyway so it wasn't a problem.

Harry wasn't sure what Severus was doing but he obediently went to the man, looking at him curiously as he wondered what he wanted him to do. His eyes got big yet again as he listened to what he was expected to do.

"As soon as you finish we are going to the toy store and then home," Severus told him as he helped the boy get situated before standing up. He ignored the arching of Albus's eyebrow only to do it in return. "This was quicker and safer," he stated defensively.

"And funnier," Harry chirped out happily.

Draco peeked out from where he had been hiding in Albus's trouser's leg trying to see what Harry was doing. "I wanna twy it," he told the man

"Go to your godfather," Albus prompted him watching as the blonde child went and followed suit. The way he saw it, better they got it out now then when they were in the shop. He turned his gaze to Neville to find the boy looking for the life of him wanting to try it. He doubted the boy had ever done and he grinned. "You too Neville, go on then, that we won't have any interruptions later," he added in amusement.

Severus got Neville situated before turning back to his mentor with an amused look. "Is there a reason you wanted all of them to go?"

Albus popped a lemon drop into his mouth as he looked at the man easily. "Children are as unpredictable as they come, taking this one variable out means that this trip to Hamley's will go just a little bit smoother. And I don't know about you but I need that right now,"

"Right you are Albus, right you are," Severus said as he looked at the sky. Thankfully this outing was nearly over and he couldn't wait.

 

The End.
Chapter 13 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I struggled with this chapter, which is a first on this story. It was the scenes that involved Severus were very difficult for me. So I incorporated Albus into this more, it wasn't intentional its just its still quite hard to write his character for me.

On another note, Ch. 17 is nearly finished..lol It involved only the boys so my fingers flew lol. This story is winding down, but the next chapter we deal with Christmas and everything that comes with it!

By the time they finally made their way back to the Manor it was just an hour after lunch but Severus was already tired and ready for bed. As soon as they were in the sitting room, he was unable to help himself as he dropped down into the first chair that he saw. He closed his eyes tiredly for a moment opening then when he felt someone climb on him.

"Daddy awe you awight?" Harry asked softly in obvious concern as he looked in the dark orbs of his guardian.

"I'm fine Harry; I do think though that it's time for a little nap. We've all had a long day," Severus told him.

The little frowned as he looked up at the man. "Go to bed wight now?" He asked skeptically.

"Yes, but only for a little while, I know you boys are tired," Severus replied carefully aware that in his own way Harry was slightly rebelling.

Harry sighed but he was feeling it. He had tried to nap earlier but they had to keep shopping. His tummy gave a soft growl at the thought of just going to bed with his empty tummy but he didn't want to bring it up. He had gotten lost earlier, he was the reason the adults were tired as it was. He was no stranger to going to bed hungry he just had hoped that here that wouldn't be an issue.

Due to everything that had been going on they hadn't stopped for lunch out there and the last thing he remember eating was the cookie in the wand shop. He frowned slightly as he realized that Neville and Draco hadn't even had that so he shouldn't even be complaining. He couldn't keep from feeling the disappointment on the inside but he could stop the emotion from appearing on his face.

He climbed off the man and stretched, looking at him impatiently. If he had to go to bed with no lunch, the least the man could do was take off this potion. He wanted to hide behind his hair, and he couldn't do it when it was like this.

"Can we take da odder potion now?" Harry asked softly, he didn't want to voice his thoughts. He wasn't sure it would be well received anyway.

Severus nodded as he passed the vials to both Lupin and Albus before he opened his vial and carefully fed it to Harry. He watched as the child's normal features came back into the play and he ruffled the messy hair. "I'll see you after your nap," he told him.

"Goodnight den," Harry mumbled out as he walked out the room quickly. He knew he would cave the longer he stayed in that room.

He could be brave, what was a little hunger after what he had done? The little boy hurried up the room faster than his companions as he wanted to straighten his face up a bit not to mention fix how he felt. He didn't want Neville noticing that he was hungry. He didn't want to cause any more trouble. Harry hurried into the room and took off his coat and setting his boots by the door before taking off the rest of his outer layers. By the time Draco and Neville had come into the room he was dressed in his pajamas and was about to climb into his bed.

"Wow Hawwy you get dwessed fast," Draco told him with a little bit of awe before he followed suit and started to take off his things.

Neville walked over to his own bed only to frown as his own tummy gave off a little growl reminding him that they hadn't eaten yet. He sighed softly knowing Severus was tired and thankfully they didn't need to disturb him to get food.

"Hurry up and get dwessed Dwaco so we can have lunch," Neville told him as he went over to Harry's bed. "Get up Harry or you'll get food in your bed,"

Harry was confused and it showed on his face as he looked at his friend. "What awe you tawking about Nebille? We don't get wunch today," he told the boy sadly. "And it's all Hawwy's fauwt," he added just in case the other boy had any doubt.

"Who says we don't get lunch? Uncle Sev'rus was just weally tired I know he didn't mean for us to not eat," Neville promised him not likening what he was feeling from Harry. He grabbed the other toddler's hand and gently pulled him from the bed and led him over to too their coloring table. Thankfully there wasn't any papers or anything on it and would serve nicely for them to eat.

"Do you want me to call Missy, Nebille?" Draco asked as he came over to the table and took a seat.

"Yeah dat would be gweat," Neville told him as he turned to Harry who now had a horror stricken look on his little face. "It's fine," he assured him quickly.

Harry shook his head frantically as the house elf popped away knowing that the food would be coming in but a moment. True he was hungry but he knew what this was and he didn't want to do this here. "This is steawing Nebille, we'we gonna get in twouble," he muttered out.

"It's not stealing Harry we live hewe, and we awe allowed to eat here. Uncle Sev'rus told us dat the fiwst day," Neville reminded him patiently.

Harry nodded slowly the man had said that but he was sure that the man meant when he was eating with them. He gulped fearfully as their lunch appeared on the table as he finally took his seat.

"Eat Hawwy its wawm and yummy," Draco instructed the boy as he picked up his toddler spoon and started to eat his tomato soup. He gestured to the bread when the other boy made no move to do so. "If we get in twouble, which we won't; I'll teww Uncle Sebbus dis was my idea," the little pureblood promised him.

Harry smiled fondly at that before he carefully picked up the toasti sandwich and glanced back at the door. When no one appeared he allowed himself to take a bite, the warm melted cheese on the toasted bread had him closing his eyes in amazement. This was so yummy why didn't they always have this? He opened his eyes to find his friends giggling at him and he smiled in return as they all started in on their lunch.

~$~$~Breaking of the line~$~$~$

When the boys went up the stairs, Severus closed his eyes again knowing even without opening them that both Lupin and Albus, had also slumped down in chairs as well.

"Would it be wrong to pretend the day is over already?" Remus asked half-jokingly.

"I wish we could," Albus answered tiredly as he snapped his fingers for some tea.

"They would be disappointed not to mention Draco would tear this place limb from limb," Severus told them honestly even if he kind of wished the same thing as the other two adults he knew they couldn't do it.

"Why do you say that? Draco hasn't thrown a tantrum since I've been here," Remus pointed out. It had surprised and shocked him to an extent that the boy was just as sweet as the other two if not more.

"When he was this age the first time around he was obedient when I was in his sights but once I wasn't watching him he was a little devil. My house elves hated him as much as they could a wizarding child. Though I figured it helps that after a period of time I ended up having to discipline him and he acted a bit better, only for Lucius to ruin all of that," Severus admitted.

"I suppose the added unconscious help of Neville and Harry also help?" Albus asked as he poured himself some tea before offering it to his companions.

"That is correct, he's definitely better behaved then usual which is why I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don't know what could set him off, I just know eventually it will happen," Severus warned them.

"You worry too much Severus, but he is your godson and you do know him better so we shall just have to wait and see," the old man replied as he snapped his finger once more for food. He startled as he realized something his shocked expression stopping the other two men in their conversation.

"What is it Headmaster?" Remus asked automatically.

"It's Albus, Remus remember?" Albus told the man in the same tone before he frowned as he looked over at them. "Did either of you feed Harry or Neville?"

"No of course not we were planning on coming back here to eat after everything that happened earlier," Severus reminded him slowly wondering what was going through the man's head.

"Then they are bound to be hungry right now, as I know I am," Albus stated carefully even as he frowned again.

"That just means they can eat after their nap. It won't be much of a problem, will it?" Remus said slowly, his statement turning into a question as he seen both Albus and Severus's looks.

"Not just a small problem, in Harry's case this is a big problem. The Durselys often sent him to bed without food and I don't want him to associate that with here. I promised him that I would never punish him with this method. Knowing his little head, he's going to assume the worse and think this is punishment," Severus said quickly as he stood up, energy coming from nowhere as he stretched.

Remus stood up as well, his mind reeling. "He can't possibly think we're punishing him, he hasn't done anything wrong," he added.

"I know that, Albus knows that and you know that. Draco and Neville I'm also sure know that; Harry himself doesn't know that at all. We are going to prove it to him," he told him as he hurried up the steps. He hoped the boy wasn't asleep, if so he would be waking him up. He could only imagine if the child woke up hungry, what would that mean to the little boy?

Unware that their little lunch was about to be interrupted Harry was enjoying his time with his friends. He still felt like this thing was a big secret but he was happy that his stomach was being filled. He giggled happily as he grabbed his cup of juice before he turned with a gasp as the door to their room suddenly opened.

He wasn't sure what was going to happen but he knew that he needed to get out of the open. He lost himself for a moment as he threw himself to the floor and crawled to the safety of his beneath his bed. He knew he left his friends out there but they had promised him that they would take care of this, and he trusted them.

When Severus and Albus and Remus had entered the room, the Slytherin's sharp eyes caught Harry just barely making his escape before he focused on the other two boys in disbelief and amusement.

"Whose idea was this?" Severus asked cheerfully. He didn't want them to think he was angry with him, far from it. He was happy about their resourcefulness, he just needed Harry to hear that and hopefully the child would come out of his hiding spot without much prompting.

Draco gave his godfather a grilled cheese filled smile even as he realized Harry was no longer next to him. "We was hungwy and you were tiwed so we got Missy to bwing us food," he told him happily.

"That was a very good thing to do boys, I'm so proud of you. We never meant to forget about lunch, I'm so happy you boys remembered you could call a house elf," Albus replied in the same happy tone as he exchanged glances between the other two men.

"Do you mind if we join you or did you all want to finish your lunch alone?" Remus asked with a smile as he bent down more to their level.

"You can join us, dat way Harry can know that no one is mad at us or him for us eating. He was really worried about that," Neville said with a frown.

Draco nodded vigorously in agreement. "He didn't bewieve us, so I pwomised I would take the bwame if we got in trouble," he added.

"No one is in trouble dragon," Severus said firmly almost unable to believe that his godson had willingly volunteered to take the blame for something to protect someone else.

This is what he had been talking about with Albus just downstairs. Look at how much the child had changed in the past few weeks, he could only imagine how this would impact the child once they were back to normal. He was fearful but hopeful, that once he found the cure his godson wouldn't turn away from these other two extraordinary boys.

"Harry, please come out from underneath the bed, no one is in trouble and we would really like it if you finished your lunch with us," Remus spoke when Missy popped in with more food as Albus transfigured a table for the adults.

Severus watched with bated breath as he saw a small tuft of black hair make an appearance from underneath the bed. He let out a rare smile when Harry's eyes immediately sought him out and held out his arms invitingly towards the child.

Harry grinned in return before he ran towards the man, pushing his face into the man's chest as he relished in the comfort of the arms around him. He was also happy that no one seemed to be making a big deal about him hiding underneath the bed. He felt slightly embarrassed but he obediently turned back to his food. He supposed this was the way for him to know that they really did care for him.

~*~*~*Page Breaking~*~*~*~

The next day brought forth all of the excitement that Christmas Eve usually gave out. The manor was decked out in Christmas decorations and filled with the delights of little boy's voices. By the time lunch time arrived on Christmas Eve, the adults caring for them couldn't wait for the day itself to end.

Severus took a seat in his chair at the table, watching in amusement and exasperation as he looked at the three boys in his care. He knew today was going to be hectic, the boys had gotten a glimpse at the some of the boxes underneath the tree and he had been forced to spell a barrier around it least they get to them.

He knew that they had loads more gifts for the children once they went to bed though he was unsure how many each child in question really had. Not to mention the gifts from their friends from school as well as Draco's parents. Albus was planning on checking to see Neville's gift from his Grandma and what it entailed. If it had something detrimental to the child's mental health, he wouldn't be receiving it.

The Potion Master quietly hid a yawn behind his hands as he watched the children and Albus around the breakfast table. He hoped that when this was all said and done that Albus would still be a fixture in their lives. Not just Harry, but Neville and Draco as well, they could all use some of Albus's teaching.

 Severus startled only slightly as the man of the hour turned to look up at him, his bright blue eyes twinkling in amusement. He wondered if he had projected his thoughts without realizing it.

"What is on the agenda today Severus?" Albus asked conversationally, giving no knowledge that he may or may not have heard the man's thoughts.

"I'm not sure actually, I do not want to go into any town today. It's beyond hectic and I do not want to lose any of my charges today," Severus said his eyes flickering to Harry's direction absently. Thankfully the child seemed intent on his porridge and didn't hear him which he was thankful for. "Maybe the wolf has something in mind," he said as an afterthought.

"They could head out into the backyard and play, maybe they could open one or two presents early that may pertain to outdoor play," Remus suggested.

"That idea does have merit, but it's not really the weather for being outdoors. I don't know how you didn't hear it but it snowed something fierce last night," Severus replied in turn.

"There is always their playroom, not everything in there has been explored yet," Albus added in.

"Yes but can we truly spend our entire day in there? I'm likely to go mad if I even think about it," Severus said knowing after a moment he would feel like he was caged inside.

"We still have plenty of time to think about what we can do," Albus assured them both before glancing down as he felt a small tug on his beard.

"Gwanpa Albus, who hewe is a wolf?" Draco asked innocently. He kept hearing his god father referred to the wolf, and had a hunch that he might be talking to Remus. But the man didn't look like a wolf, he was way too nice to be a scary werewolf.

Albus smiled gently, his eyes flickering up to Severus before he sighed. "It's just an expression Draco, like when Severus calls you dragon,"

Draco nodded slowly as he understood that, it clearly had something to do with Remus as a person. He wanted to ask why that was, but the thought left him once he found his Grandpa tickling him.

Neville's eyes flicked over to Remus who had fallen silent when Draco had spoken. He frowned in outright annoyance as he stared at the man. "Stop dat, he's doesn't even know. It's cause Uncle Severus is still hostile," he informed the man kindly.

Remus smiled in amusement at the child's tone not to mention vocabulary. Where had this brave little boy gone? The Neville he was familiar with was never this brave, what could have caused the child to be the way he became?

Severus for his part also quirked his lips in amusement as he heard the child describe what he was feeling in regards to the other man. Unlike with the boys, it was going to take more than a few weeks to let go of all of this hate he had for the werewolf, not to mention the fear he felt he would never overcome. The potion master felt someone's eyes on him and turned to find piercing green eyes looking back at him.

"Yes Harry?" He asked gently, wondering what the child wanted.

"Could we go outside and buiwd a snowman? Or make a snow angel? Hawwy always wanted to make one of dose," Harry informed him shyly. He could feel Draco's hand gently squeezing his hand under the table which is what had given him the bravery to request this in the first place.

"I think we might be able to do that for a little while, but only if you boys wear your outerwear and warming charms," Severus replied slowly knowing that he couldn't deny the child this.

Harry nodded slowly, he was happy with that. He never liked being outside in the cold without a proper coat on. And now here he had hats, and gloves and everything a little boy needed to stay warm outside. He was clearly in heaven, and he turned to grin shyly at the man. He was curious about something and since Severus seemed to know nearly everything maybe he would know this.

"I had anodder dweam wast night," Harry loudly informed the table as everyone had been talking and he wanted to be heard. That was another thing he had learned, it was perfectly okay to speak up to be heard. He really liked that, as it was, his statement caused everyone to look at him and he flushed at all of the attention.

Severus was silently communicating with Albus, wondering if Harry's dream was appropriate for the other boys to hear, but the boy was smiling this time so he figured it might be okay. They wouldn't know until Harry himself told them.

"Oh, what was it of? Was it another scary dream?" Severus asked curiously, hoping the child took the hint to divulge in what he had seen. He just wanted to know if he needed a cause for concern or not.

Harry giggled before he shook his head. "No dis was a good dweam, it had Uncle Wemus in it," he told them in awe. Did this mean that his dream had been true?

"What did you see Harry? Was I doing anything?" Remus asked, when it became apparent Severus wasn't going to follow up with another question.

"I don't weally know, it was diffewent. Mommy was dere and my odder daddy was dere, and a doggie was dere and then you came fwew da door. Daddy called you Moony, and then you all laughed at the doggie," Harry said slowly as he remembered the dream. He was sure now that this was probably a memory of some sort.

Remus was staring open-mouthed for a second before he composed himself, unable to believe what he was hearing. "Did the dog have a name cub?" He asked hoarsely.

"Daddy called him Padfoot and den, dis is da cool pawt. He tuwned into a man!" Harry said in obvious awe. That was the part that had him wondering if it was truly true or not. People couldn't be animals right?

Remus gasped, his brain automatically going back to the memory Harry had triggered in him as he looked at the little boy. "That was a memory, a real life memory cub," he whispered out.

"So people can tuwn into doggies?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"Some people can turn into dogs, or another animal in the wizarding world. It's possible kiddo," Remus replied softly as he tried to clear the tears from his throat.

"How did you know dat you saw your mommy Hawwy?" Draco asked curiously.

"She was hugging me, and I just knew it was her," Harry replied softly.

"What does she looked like Harry?" Severus asked quietly, unable to make his voice go any higher.

"She had wed hair, and she had gween eyes wike me," Harry said proudly. "And she was tall and she was howding me in her awms and she called me Hawwy," he said his tone going soft and wistful as he remembered.

"Don't be sad Harry, at least you know dat they're in a better pwace," Neville said kindly.

"What couwd be a mowe better pwace den wiff me?" Harry asked sadly before he shook the thoughts away.

 He couldn't afford to be ungrateful, Severus had opened his heart and home for them to live there. He couldn't live in the past; he knew he couldn't hurt the man like this. His green eyes flicked up to find those dark eyes peering right back at him and he reached his arms out for the man instinctively. His daddy looked like he needed a hug, Harry didn't want to admit that he might have needed a hug as well.

Severus didn't hesitate as he leaned across the table to grab the child, hugging him tightly to his chest. He knew that he was to blame for this sweet boy's lack of parents, but he would be doing all that he could to make up for it.

"It's alright Harry," Severus whispered out softly. "You have no idea how sorry I am,"

Harry didn't understand why the man was apologizing for, the grown-ups here did that a lot it seemed. But it didn't totally bother him, he turned a bit so he could look at his Uncle who still had the look on face like he wanted to cry.

"Uncle Moony, whose Padfoot?" Harry asked innocently unaware of the turmoil that the man was dealing with on the inside.

Remus made a choking sound as that before he abruptly stood up. He reached out to gently ruffle the child's hair to let him know that he wasn't angry at him, before he turned and fled the kitchen.

Neville frowned before he scooted out from his chair. "I'll be back," he informed them.

"No, I think it would be best to allow the wolf to grieve and then when he's ready he'll come back down here," Severus stated instead when he saw the child move.

"I wish you wouldn't call him dat, but he's not just gwieving, Uncle Remus has actually left," Neville said with a sigh as he gave his Professor the stink eye as the man had made him miss his Uncle leaving.

"Did he weave because somefing Hawwy said?" Harry asked softly.

"Nope, he left because he was remembering that Padfoot was all alone on Christmas Eve and he wanted to go see him," Neville replied promptly before he looked at the Professor expectantly.

"But who is dis Padfoot?" Harry grumbled out.

"Uncle Remus has to tell you dat, but come on Harry. Let's go get dwessed, Uncle Sev'rus said we could play outside," Neville said as he jumped down and looked at both Harry and Draco before he took off for the stairs.

Severus watched them fondly go before he turned back to look at Albus, who had been oddly quiet during the whole conversation regarding Harry's dream. He wanted to know what the old man was thinking of and asked him so. "What is it?"

Albus gently stroked his beard as he looked at Severus. "I wonder if Harry is getting some memories back," he said slowly.

"Because of this one thing? That's not likely," Severus stated skeptically. He didn't like this subject he didn't want to think about Harry remembering him, he had been an awful person to the child.

"It's just a theory, we'll have to keep an eye out on all of them just in case it turns out to be their memories coming back," Albus replied softly.

"We will deal with that hurdle if it even comes," the potion master said stiffly wondering if the old man was doing this on purpose.

"They will understand Severus," Albus said gently aware of where the man's thoughts were going.

"I do not wish to talk about this now Albus," Severus stated tightly as his mind grasped at straws, trying to think of something equally important to change the topic of conversation too. "What is happening with Harry's relations?"

"I sent a squib auditor to their residence for them to show their receipts over the years for how much they spent on Harry. They weren't able to produce not even one, I'm doing all that I can to make sure that they are dealt with, the muggle way. That way will hurt them more and Harry won't have to deal with the wizarding world finding out until much later," Albus explained.

"What else besides that? Will they be arrested?" Severus wanted to know.

"They will be, Amelia has informed me they have nearly all the evidence and it's astounding on how pure Harry managed to come out of there. I do not wish to compare but the situation is very similar to your story as well as Tom Riddle's. I hate to think what would happen if we had not of caught this now," Albus said a chilling deep in his body at just the thought.

Severus didn't want to think on that at all, Harry wouldn't be dark he wouldn't allow it. "What of Neville's Grandmother?"

"She hired a solicitor like I told you in the beginning, however it backfired on her. I informed the man that she was raising an empathetic child who she felt would never live up to her son's name. That didn't go over well with the man at all, and the last I heard he was spreading that story throughout the firms like fiendfyre," Albus said gleefully.

"Is there a chance that she can regain full custody of Neville?" Severus asked, trying to cover all of the basis.

"No, the closest she would get is visitation rights a few times a year," the old man replied firmly.

"And what of the Uncle?" Severus pressed, he needed to know every detail. He didn't like surprises especially when they were crucial to his survival and well-being of his charges.

"He's in Azkaban as we speak, he was put on trial and Amelia used Veritaserum as she didn't want to leave it to chance. It is a wonder Neville even made it out of that house alive Severus. The child has nearly been burned to death, drowned, splattered, and Algernon went so far as to use muggle methods," Albus stated gently.

"Like what?" Severus asked quietly, dread all throughout his body.

"The year before Hogwarts he took Neville to a shooting range and he ‘accidentally' shot the child," Albus spat out in disgust, he had been horrified at the trial and hadn't been the only one.

Severus looked at the man with an aghast expression on his face. "Augusta allowed that?" He asked in disbelief.

"No actually, she didn't know about it until the trial. It seems Neville's magic had done it's job and it didn't leave a physical scar and she didn't have a cause for concern. She nearly blasted him in the courtroom and I think if the room didn't cancel out magic no one would have cared," Albus admitted.

"Has he been given the kiss?" Severus asked hopefully.

"No they want that to be Neville's decision when he hits his majority," Albus replied.

"He'll be insane by then," Severus pointed out.

"A fitting end I might add, and he'll have deserved it too," the old man said with no remorse anywhere on his aged features.

"You never did say when the Durselys trial was," Severus said with a frown.

"And with good reason, Wizarding Child Protective Services had gone to the house with the Aurors and they performed a spell that allowed them to view and save video and photographic evidence of what went on in the house. It sheds some light on the saying, ‘If walls could talk," Albus chuckled dryly. "I don't think Harry would want you to see that, and so I ask that to respect both of us our wishes not to go to the trial if you find out when and where it is," the old man added seriously.

Severus gave a curt nod, aware that had this of been him he would be embarrassed if his soon to be guardian was able to see the horror he went through. He would give this to Harry and he wouldn't go to the trial, that being said he would still pick Albus's brain if the man allowed him too.

"Now it's Christmas Eve and I want to build a snowman with the boys," Albus stated cheerfully wondering what was taking the children so long.

 The old man knew that Severus would need a minute to organize his thoughts and so he headed up the stairs to see what the boys were doing. He gently knocked before he opened the door, both of his eyebrows arching up in amusement as he took in the scene in front of him.

He could see two of the boys had gotten their snowsuit on correctly but it seemed like the boots were giving them the most trouble and they were trying to help each other. At least that's what Albus was currently seeing, and he quickly made his way to them wondering if they would accept his help.

"Gwanpa Albus, you shouwd hewp Hawwy, he just ‘membered dat he had to go potty and can't get his suit off," Draco said as he gently tugged on the man's beard and pointed to their shared bathroom where he had seen Harry run off too.

Albus nodded quickly giving the blonde child a smile. "I will do that," he told him before he hurried into the opened toilet door to find the child just where Draco had told him. Harry was in a right state and he flicked his wand not wanting to even attempt to undo anything the muggle way right now. He watched in amusement as the little boy opened his mouth in awe as the snow suit peeled off of him like a banana before the child glanced up.

"Fanks!" Harry said happily as he turned towards his toddler toilet and quickly took a seat to relieve himself

"You're very welcome Harry, don't forget to wash your hands," Albus told him before he headed back out into the bedroom to help the other two boys.

"Did Hawwy make it otay? We didn't want him to haff an askident," Draco said with a frown.

"He made it just fine Draco, thank you for telling me when I came right in," Albus praised the child.

Draco beamed proudly as he stood up, his fingers seeking out the man's white beard as he grinned wider in response.

"Severus once asked me why you boys liked my beard so much, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that myself," Albus remarked in amusement.

"It's cause of your magic, we can feel it if we hold onto it," Neville said with a smile. He could feel it anyway but this way Harry and Draco could understand what he felt all the time.

"Oh you can?" Albus asked in amazement. "How does my magic feel to you boys?"

"It feels safe and happy," Neville said firmly.

"And fun and it makes me feel good when I touch it," Draco added.

Albus made a face in approval he hadn't known that, turning as he heard Harry coming out of the bathroom with a bright smile. "What do you feel when you touch my beard Harry?"

Harry gave the man a shy smile at the question, as he chanced a look at Neville and Draco who seemed to be nodding in encouragement to him so he felt it was okay to answer it and he did.

"It's makes me feel Loved," he said softly as he gave a happy smile to the man.

 

Albus swallowed the choked feeling that had appeared in his chest at the children's words, hoping that when this was all over they wouldn't forget him. No matter what happened now, he knew he would never forget them.

The End.
End Notes:
What did you think of the bit with the beard? That was for the ones who asked why they liked to hold it. :)
Chapter 14 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Sorry this is so late, but Severus and Remus bonded a bit and Draco demanded attention. This was supposed to be the Christmas Chapter but it got to big for that. Also I would like to apologize in advance for the ending. It was too long as I said before.

Albus smiled brightly as he stared at his three charges around him, the small hole that had been around his heart since his beautiful sister had died was slowly closing up. He held a hand out to Harry who was shyly hiding in his robes after that declaration of love. The old man couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him as he took a seat on the floor.

"I love all of you as well, nothing will ever change that no matter what happens," Albus said firmly wanting them to know that. He knew once they were aged up, the relationship they had could go two ways. It would either grow stronger, or it would diminish. He hoped for their sake and his if he was being honest that it grew stronger. He didn't want to lose any of his boys, Severus and Remus included when this was all over.

 Albus ruffled Draco's soft blonde locks before the old man stood up yet again and stretched. He needed to talk with Severus to see what they were going to do in regards to tomorrow. Albus knew that they weren't planning on going anywhere tomorrow as it would be too dangerous not to mention stressful if they did.

They had thankfully done all of their present shopping and they were all set. They just needed to wrap them when the boys were sleeping and then set them under the tree. He gasped softly as he remembered something he had done in his youth and he smiled.

"Boys, would you like to write a letter to Father Christmas? I know it's a bit late, but I know if we send it off before dinner tonight, he'll still get it in time for Christmas," Albus spoked in an excited tone.

Harry eye's flew to the old man's blew one as his mouth fell open in his excitement before he looked eagerly from both Neville and Draco to see what they wanted to do. The raven haired child hoped that the other two boys wanted to do that, he had always been jealous of Dudley who had gotten to write to Father Christmas every year.  Not to mention get to make the goodies for Father Christmas to have!

"I want to do dat!" Harry said excitedly as he bounced up and down in his happiness.

Neville couldn't help but grin as he felt Harry's emotions. He giggled happily already nodding to that suggestion. For a while there, he had been sure that Father Christmas wasn't real or had just skipped over his house because his Uncle had been right. But since he had gained a new family he felt that maybe his Christmas Wish had just taken a moment to get to him.

"I agwee, that does sound like lotsa fun," Neville said eagerly as he turned to look at Draco curiously who hadn't said much this entire time.

That was because the little blonde hair boy was shaking his head, he remembered last year when he had caught his mummy putting some presents under the tree. He had been confused for a moment until he figured that maybe Father Christmas didn't think he was a good boy anymore. He didn't want to wake up and find no presents for him, even after leaving something out. He was slightly afraid that was until he looked up at the concerned eyes of his Grandpa Albus.

"What's the matter dragon?" Albus asked curiously when the child continued to brood.

"I don't fink I've been very good this year. Just a few days ago, I was mean to Hawwy," Draco said with a sigh before he shrugged as if he didn't care. "I don't want to wite a letter to him,"

Albus smiled softly before he grinned. "But you apologized after and you promised never to do it again. He knows that little boys and girls are not perfect and he doesn't want you to be. Want to know a secret Draco?"

Draco nodded eagerly, he loved knowing secrets, especially if his grandpa Albus was the one keeping it. "What secwet?"

"I'm on very good terms with Father Christmas and I know for a fact that he visits Severus's manor on Christmas. He's keyed into the floo, either way. And he would never knowingly forget a child," Albus told him promptly.

"He didn't fowget you Harry, I fink your Aunt and Uncle stoled your presents away after he bwought them to you," Neville said when he felt Harry's shift in emotions.

Harry nodded slowly that did make more sense, he shook the thought away before he turned his eyes attentively to the old man. If what Neville said was true, then this year he was guaranteed to get some gifts and he was very excited about that.  "Can we wite letters to Father ‘Kistmas now?"

"Of course we can, if you boys can clean up your desk I will head downstairs to grab some parchment for us to use," Albus said easily before he hurried out the room.

 He wanted to appraise Severus of the situation. He headed straight into the sitting room feeling like the man would be there and was correct when he found Severus dozing off in a chair. He quietly pulled out his camera and snapped a picture before putting it away.

He was thankful that the shutter was quiet and that Severus felt safe in his Manor to let his guard down. He hated to wake up the man but he knew in his heart that the Slytherin would want to be a part of this. And he didn't want to hurt the man anymore then he had, they still needed to finish that talk of theirs as it was. Albus made his way over to the man and touched his shoulder. He didn't need to do anything else as the man's eyes suddenly opened.

"I wasn't asleep before you say anything, I was making sure that my mental walls were still impenetrable," Severus stated before the man could say anything.

He refused to admit, let alone think on the fact that he had indeed been sleeping. Those little boys constantly tired him out, how was he expected to keep up with them without overdosing on pepper up potion? He didn't hear them yelling so he mused they must be okay, though he was wondering just why Albus was down here instead of back upstairs where he had been.

"Of course you weren't Severus," Albus said in amusement but didn't elaborate on it. He smiled brightly at the man and urged him up. "We are going to help the boys write their letters to Father Christmas and then send them off. And then we'll make some mince pies together and they can leave them out for the man," the old man stated excitedly.

Severus's eyes widened, he had forgotten about that! Good thing Albus reminded him about it. He had done this same thing with Lily when he had been a child, back when he had been innocent and not yet jaded. He stood up eagerly in his excitement, his obsidian eyes flashing up to find twinkling blue ones watching him in amusement.

"How about for today since it's not a lot of daylight left, we just help them their letters? We can make the mince pies and holiday treats tomorrow? It'll give us something to do since we aren't going out," Severus suggested slowly.

Albus nodded slowly that did sound like a plan, then they didn't have to rush tonight by trying to get everything done. "Are you connected to the wireless? Usually they have a station that plays some holiday music," the old man added.

"Even better, I have a muggle radio that I charmed years ago. So the boys can listen to holiday music non-stop if they'd like," Severus replied cheerfully as he headed towards the steps.

"That's great, we can build a snowman tomorrow as well, and go sledding out back too," Albus added getting into the Christmas mood.

Severus shook his head in amusement, knowing by tomorrow Albus would no doubt have loads of activities for them to do. He didn't begrudge the man, and was actually looking forward to seeing what else the man came up with. He didn't bother grabbing any parchment knowing that the boys had muggle writing paper in their rooms from when they had gone out to get their toys.

He led the way, walking straight into the boy's room to find each little boy waiting in a chair for them. He smiled brightly at all of them before he headed over to shelf to grab what they needed before coming back to the toddler desk.

"Who here knows how to write?" Severus asked neutrally. He wasn't completely sure when Draco learned to write, but he didn't want to overstep anything and end up angering or embarrassing a child.

"I can write weally well Uncle Sev'rus," Neville said proudly as he held his hand up for the quill, frowning in confusion at what was handed to him instead. He didn't say anything, only placed it silently down on the table as he looked to see what the other boys were handed out.

"Uncle Sebbus, I don't even ‘no what dis is," Draco said with a scowl before he huffed out in annoyance. He didn't really like writing with quills but his mummy had said it was an important skill he needed to know.

Harry was the only one whose eyes lit up when Severus handed him a crayon to hold, he giggled happily as he noted the green color. This was Harry's favorite, and he was so happy that the man had remembered it! He turned to look at his friends in confusion.

"It's a cwayon, you can dwaw wiff it," Harry explained to them, watching Grandpa Albus curiously as the man came to help him write the letter to Father Christmas.

"I wasn't sure if Draco had used a quill at this point, I can give you a quill if you like Neville. But I'd really like it more if you tried to use these, you'll find they are a bit easier to hold and distribute the color," Severus remarked when saw the confusion on the child's face.

"Not to mention it makes your pictures very pretty, as the crayons come in an wide assortment of colors," Albus chirped in as he pulled out his wand and waved it at Harry's paper.

The old man wasn't surprised just very saddened when he noted that Harry could not write. He didn't draw attention to it not wanting the child to feel ashamed, this was not the child's fault. This was all on the Durselys, and he sighed before he casually waved his wand. His movements made little stenciled writing on the paper so Harry could easily trace the words with his crayon.

"What did you want for Christmas Harry?" Albus asked, wanting to stencil that in as well. That way Harry would get the proud feeling of writing his letter all by himself just like the other two boys.

Harry grinned brightly at that as he thought about it. His wish had already come true, but he knew that the old man was expecting an answer. He giggled happily before he nodded to himself for a moment. "I want uh, a bwack cwoak wike my daddy has and um I don't know what else," he said with a smile.

"What do you mean you don't know? There must be something else." Severus pointed out kindly.

"Hawwy always just wanted a famiwy and a daddy and I haff boff of those now. I don't want nothing else," Harry said with a happy sigh as he gifted the man with a bright grin before he turned to his paper.

Severus had to pull away from the table for a moment to stare intently at the books on the shelf to calm his emotions. This little boy had no idea how he made him feel, the child would be the death of him once he realized that Severus would go to the ends of the earth for him. He only just hoped that Harry would still want him once he was re-aged up. He couldn't bare thinking about the child not being in his life.

He knew that Albus had told him he would keep custody of Harry either way, but he already loved this child to the point that if Harry honestly didn't want to live with him he would find somewhere for him. He hoped it never came down to that, but he had been a poor teacher and an even horrible human being to the boy.

"Uncle Sebbus, looks like he wants to cwy," Draco said in confusion as he was waiting on his godfather to show him how to use this item.

"I'm alright dragon, I just was thinking of something," Severus murmured out quietly before he turned to help the child.

"Will Uncle Remus be back by da time for dinner?" Neville asked curiously, trying to take the attention off the of the dark man. He knew the potion master tended to get embarrassed of his emotions, but he couldn't really hide them from Neville unless he really tried.

"He should be," Albus replied quickly, one could never tell with Remus at the moment.

"Okay that's good then I want to him to help us do stuff too," Neville told him.

"He will, we've decided that we will make the holiday treats tomorrow and have loads of activities planned too," Albus replied easily as he looked over their letters.

Harry was nearly done with his letter before he gasped softly as he remembered something that he had wanted the very most and it was a toy. He giggled softly to himself as the old man helped him again before he was finally done. "So now what?"

"We put dem in the floo and they go stwaight to Father Chwistmas," Draco replied eagerly.

Severus smiled softly, happy as they all headed out of the room that he would get to be a part of this with them.

~*~*~*The Next Day, Christmas Eve~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When Severus woke up the next morning, a ball of anxiety and a little bit of fear filled him for a moment before he occluded the feeling away. He shook his head, aware of why the feelings had made themselves known. He had never had to spend a Christmas Eve with preschoolers of this age, and he didn't want to mess up anything. He wanted this to be the best Christmas Eve they had ever had. This was his chance to show Neville and Harry that not all holidays were bad or filled with sadness.

 He wanted them to experience the joy that Draco had grew up with it. He grinned slightly to himself as he got out of bed, knowing that at least this morning Harry wouldn't be attempting to make breakfast. They had truly tired the children out last night, with their playtime not to mention story after story. Harry had stayed up the longest and he was so sure that the boy would still be asleep. He hoped so anyway, even as he got dressed quickly just in case Harry was in the kitchen. He made his way to the boy's room to find all three of them still sleeping and he grinned softly to himself.

He had time to check on the progress of the potion he had made last night. He took a small vial of the remnants of their original potion and had broken down every last particle of it. He had even recreated it successfully and when he found the antidote he would bring it to the Ministry to get it approved. Neville and Harry had unknowingly made a beautiful de-aging potion, that brought one back to their childhood in a way that hadn't been done before. He wasn't going to take the glory for this, and even if they didn't need any more money this was their potion.

He knew it would help St. Mungos quite a lot as the way this potion worked was; it brought the person back down to 5 or so and all of their injuries that they had beforehand disappeared unless it happened at that age the first time. Not to mention it had the added bonus of the person not remembering anything after that certain age. They would need to do some clinical trials but this was definitely a breakthrough potion for those patients who saw no way out of their life but death. He just needed to start on the antidote, he was sure that he could make it easily now.

 He wasn't sure how he felt about it, he would have to go to Albus about what he should do. Severus was aware the antidote would probably only take an hour or two at the most to make. He just didn't want to give it just yet; he knew it was a selfish thought but he still wanted to spend time with them like this. He would think on it later, and quickly headed downstairs and to his lab to just get it done and out of the way.

~*~*~breaking line*~*~*~*~*~*

3 hours or so after Severus had woken up and disappeared into his Potion's lab, the other occupants of the manor were starting to get up. Albus and Remus were up and already downstairs making sure that the food was prepared and ready. They would get the boys when they called for them, but for now they were letting them sleep for as long as they needed too.

Draco was the first one to wake up out of the little boys and he quickly rolled out of his bed and hurried into their ensuite bathroom, slamming the door in his hurry. Because of that Harry and Neville woke up soon after only to just sigh happily as he laid there in contentment.

"Good Mowning Neville," Harry stated happily as he slowly sat up in his bed.

"Morning Harry, did you sweep good?" Neville asked easily.

"I did, I'm so ‘cited about today, I can't wait for da fun things that we get to do," Harry admitted excitedly.

Neville laughed at the boy exuberance and nodded eagerly. "I'm excited too," he admitted before he got out of bed.

"Can we get dwessed now do you fink?" Harry asked hopefully as he too rolled out of bed.

"Yes we can get dwessed and then we can head downstairs to eat," Neville told him as he hurried over to his wardrobe to pick out some clothes to wear.

Harry followed after Neville going to his dressers to see what he could wear, he wanted something really good, something that reflected how he was currently feeling. Speaking of which, he frowned and made his way over to the close door and gave it a quick knock.

"Who is it?" Draco asked politely like his mummy had always told him too, as he brushed his teeth.

"Can I come in to go potty?" Harry asked shyly, still wary even after these few weeks here.

"Of course you can Hawwy," Draco replied quickly appalled that Harry would think otherwise.

"Fanks!" Harry said cheerfully as he grinning happily before he disappeared into the bathroom a moment later.

Neville shook his head in clear amusement as he got dressed before making his way into the bathroom as well. Living here was unlike anywhere he had ever stayed at, and as different as it was he wouldn't change it for anything.

Harry was giggling as he finished up at the toilet before stepping on his stool in front of his sink. He could see both Draco and Neville brushing their teeth and combing their hair respectively. He washed his hands, and ran his wet hand through his hair before he started brushing his own teeth. He really did love it here.

"What do you fink is fow bweakfast?" Harry asked curiously.

"Something yummy," Draco answered immediately as he jumped down and hurried to get dressed. The other boys were already dressed and he didn't want to left behind.

It didn't take long for the three little boys to be ready and they all quietly trouped to the top of the stairs, where Severus's magical barrier was still in effect.

"Whose gonna scweam fow Gwanpa Albus?" Draco asked curiously.

"We don't hafta scweam, I can get us thwough," Harry told them confidently.

Neville arched his eyebrow questioningly, unconsciously mimicking the potion's master's antics. "How awe you gonna do that?"

"Wiff my magic," Harry said seriously as he took a hold of each of the boy's hand before he wished with all of his might that the barrier would let them pass like it had done before. He quickly stepped through, pulling them with him before he slumped down on the steps panting softly.

Draco was looking in awe and horror between Harry and the magical barrier they had crossed. "You awe weally stwong Hawwy," he said excitedly before he bent down to look at the smaller boy. "Awe you okay?"

Harry nodded tiredly, just needed to rest for a moment. It had been hard pulling them both through with him, but he was proud that he had done it nonetheless. "I fine, just tiwed,"

"It's magical exhaustion Harry, maybe you shouwdn't do that again," Neville said worriedly.

"Otay," Harry replied quickly, always eager to please even if he didn't agree. He would be doing it again; he didn't like feeling caged in somewhere. He liked that his magic gave him a way to escape he only wished he had known about it sooner when he was with his Aunt and Uncle.

Neville gave the raven haired boy a look, aware of the emotions but not calling him out on them. He shook his head before he took Harry's hand and carefully made their way downstairs. As they got off the steps, the three boys froze as they saw Severus coming up from the basement.

Severus arched an eyebrow in confusion, looking around for a moment wondering what in the world was going on. How had the boys gotten downstairs? Where were Albus and Lupin? And why did the three boys look guilty all of a sudden? His lips twitched in amusement before he bent down so he was on their level.

"Is there something you boys would like to tell me?" He asked casually.

"Nope, good mowning Uncle Sebbus," Draco chirped out before he glanced at his two companions before taking all caution to the wind and running to the kitchen.

Harry giggled as he turned to look at Neville, he couldn't believe Draco had just run for it, and looking at his daddy neither could the man. "Awe you gonna be mad if we tell you?"

"No," Severus said even as his eyes flicked in the general direction that his godson had fled too. Even at this age, the child was a Slytherin through and through.

"Harry let us thwough it, but it made him weally tired," Neville admitted softly, knowing that if nothing else Severus would have some type of potion for the raven haired child to take. He didn't want Harry falling asleep when they had just woken up.

Severus nodded as he bent down on one knee and gestured to the small raven haired child to come to him. He was thankful that he had made child size dozes of the common potions and not so common ones back when he learned that he would be taking in the boys. Thankfully he hadn't had to use any, but now this pepper up with come in handy now. "I want you to take a potion for me,"

Harry nodded obediently, as he walked over to the man, looking into his eyes happily. "Is it good?" He asked innocently.

"Yes, it's very good and it has a surprise for you," Severus said with a grin.

"What kinda surpwise?" Harry asked curiously.

Neville butted in this time not wanting to be the odd one out. "It makes smoke come outta your ears!" He said excitedly.

Harry's eyes got wide as he looked at the man eagerly. "Weally?"

Severus chuckled at the childs excitement. "Indeed," he said easily, noting how far the child had come from being so very afraid of all things magic. He uncorked the vial and gently fed the child the potion.

"Uncle Sev'rus, can I go into the kitchen?" Neville asked politely.

"Of course you can, you don't have to ask buddy," Severus told him easily as his eyes drank in Harry's expression as the medicine did its work. The little boy was still so easily amused and he loved that he got to see this side of him.

Neville giggled happily in returned before he skipped his way into the kitchen. He headed straight for Uncle Remus as Grandpa Albus was currently getting his ear talked off by Draco. The smile on his face grew even brighter as he leaned into the man's side once he was close enough.

"Good Mowning Uncle Remus," he said shyly sighing happily as he felt the calm and positive emotions coming off of the man.

"Good morning Neville, are you very excited about what we are going to do today?" Remus asked cheerfully, as truth he was very much so himself.

"A little bit, I don't know all of what we awe doing, as Uncle Sev'rus didn't tell us much," Neville stated with a small pout.

"Well I can tell you, it'll be the best day ever," Remus promised him sincerely as he hugged the child happily.

"And after can you tell me who Sirius is?" Neville asked timidly.

Remus was a bit surprised as he hadn't remembered even speaking that name in front of the boys, but apparently he had. "Of course, as soon as I tuck you into bed tonight,"

"Gweat," Neville stated happily as he turned to look at the spread on the table happily. His stomach growled and he was thankful that both Harry and the potion's Master soon appeared into the kitchen a minute later and took a seat.

Harry climbed up to his chair happily, feeling the magic around him knowing that it would prevent him from falling and he liked that. He felt so safe in his booster chair and he smiled happily to himself as he looked to the two other men at the table. "C'n we eat now?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes we can," Albus replied immediately as they handed each child their warm food with their toddler forks and cups before setting Draco in his own chair.

Severus looked around at his companions, knowing the boys were content in eating their breakfast so they had a bit of time to talk. He casted a slight muffliatio just on the off chance he might swear again. He didn't want them learning anymore new words on his behalf.

"Take me by the plan for today?" Severus requested slowly, he always liked know exactly what they were going to do.

"After Breakfast we will be heading outside for some play time, building snow man and things of that nature as well as enchanting them. It's great fun Severus, for all of us," Albus said happily as he thought of all of the fun he could have with the boys.

Remus sighed softly, his heart conflicted at the moment. He had been to St. Mungos where Sirius was currently at, his room wasn't the most cheerful. And the man had constantly asked about where his godson was. He knew that the man wouldn't be gaining custody of the child anytime soon but he didn't want Sirius to spend the Holidays alone.

 He knew how that felt, he just didn't know how to broach that conversation. He swallowed thickly knowing if Albus didn't step in that Severus would definitely say no. Having Sirius here threatened his time with Harry, and he knew that was detrimental for the child and he wouldn't be harming his cub in any way possible any more.

 He sighed sadly, the darkness surrounded his friend would lighten only when Harry was mentioned which was why he was at a loss. He wasn't even paying attention to the current conversation to his companions at the moment. He didn't want to miss out on Neville and Harry's Christmas but he was torn because he couldn't leave Sirius alone, not again, not ever. Remus was slightly aware that the old man's eyes were on him but he was caught up in his thoughts.

"Wolf, what's the matter with you?" Severus hissed out when it became apparent that the other man wasn't saying anything. He didn't want to admit it but he was slightly worried about the man, he supposed him being here had grown on him

"Boy's we'll be in the sitting room, when you're done come get us," Albus told casually as he ushered the Gryffindor out of the living room, Severus following behind them.

Harry turned to look at both of Neville and Draco in horror. "Somefing's wrong wiff Uncle Moony," he said softly, he was worried.

"Whose Uncle Moony?" Draco asked in confusion as he gave a shrug at Neville's own confused look.

~*~*~*Sitting Room~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Once they were in the sitting room, Albus ushered the other man to sit in a chair as he spelled the room, before turning his attention solely back to the man who seemed to be in a catatonic state. He wasn't sure what the hell had happened, they had only been speaking a moment before.

"Remus, what's the matter? What's happened?" Albus asked tightly.

The silently werewolf shook his head, pushing the thoughts away, as the haze cleared from his eyes and he gave his companions a confused look. When they get here? Hadn't they been in the kitchen with the boys? He sighed softly before he slumped in his chair heavily, he still didn't know the solution to his problem.

"Nothing, I was just thinking of something," Remus said quietly with a sigh.

"No that can't be it, I'm not sure mentally where you went Lupin, but you weren't in that kitchen with us. What were you thinking about?" Severus pressed tightly as he tapped his chin with his finger.

"Leave it alone Severus, just don't alright?" Remus said tightly as he turned away from the man.

Severus sneered in return as he could remember the last time the man had done this; he had hurt all three boys up there with his actions. "You'd better not be having third thoughts about Neville again," he warned out.

"I'm not, of course I'm not. I'm just at a loss what to do at the moment, he asked me about Padfoot and I wasn't fully aware that today was Christmas Eve, and tomorrow the holiday. I can't choose between them, and I understand why you would say no but I can't help but wish you would say yes. I don't want him to be alone this year," Remus said vaguely, his emotions all over as he tried to control the hurt and the betrayal he knew Sirius would feel if he kept Harry away from him. He had been living in small bubble this past week but he couldn't do it anymore.

"Who's going to be alone? You're not making any sense Lupin. For the love of Merlin, speak clearer Remus," Severus stated with a force calm knowing like before if he used ones given name it allowed them to focus on that as him using anyone's given name was rare unless you knew him.

Remus startled and looked at the man unseeingly for a moment before he sighed he needed to calm down. Maybe he had been too hasty, Severus was a rational individual sometimes, for all he knew this could work right?

"Sirius, I want him to be a part of this. He missed out so much on Harry's life, I just want all of us to have the Holiday we can remember," Remus said softly.

"Not in my Manor," Severus hissed out dangerously. He would not, could not allow that mutt to be here in his domain. He allowed Remus because it worked out, he could tolerate the man, he never actively participated in the bullying. While he watched and that was just as bad, he never tormented his dreams.

"Severus please, I see what Remus is trying to say. This would be beneficial for everyone for Harry to see that he has someone else he can call family. That he's not all alone in this world, you wouldn't want anyone to keep you from Draco, why are you trying to keep Sirius from Harry?" Albus added in, aware he was playing on the man's guilt, but it needed to be said.

"Albus that's not what I meant, I didn't mean for Sirius to come here," Remus burst in not wanting this to go the wrong way. He didn't want Severus to feel like he was being pushed out of his home.

"Where else would he stay? We're all here, it's time for Severus to let go of that petty and childish grudge he has against Sirius. It took him a long time to let go of the one he had for James Potter, but I know he can do it. It's not healthy nor it fair to Sirius or Harry.

Severus gritted his teeth, his finger coming to point at the man angrily. The betrayal was evident in those normally unrelenting dark eyes as he took in the man's words. What was he to Harry then? He couldn't even articulate at the moment, the emotions were too thick, and it had been a long while since he had felt hurt this potent and he hated it.

"That little petty grudge you're talking about, has made you a senile old fool. Have you forgotten that Black tried to kill me?" Severus bit out before he could control himself, he couldn't stop the clenching of his fists. He had never wanted hit the old man more then had in that moment. In that moment, Severus hated Albus Dumbledore.

"That wasn't his intention Severus you know that. He just wanted to scare you," Albus replied weakly not wanting to fight.

"There you go again, always defending the Gryffindors. This is why I'm so wary of leaving Draco in your care. Have you forgotten he's a lying, slimy snake? You're always preaching about forgiveness but you're nothing but a bloody hypocrite," Severus spat out before he turned on his heel. He needed to get out of here, before he cursed the man or really said something he would regret.

 Severus swallowed thickly as he walked out of the room, heading to his lab. He couldn't face the boys with this anger, without being empathetic he knew Harry and Draco both would also pick up on it and jump to the wrong conclusions. He could only imagine Neville's state if he saw them like this, it was better if he hid until he could control himself. He just needed a moment to himself, he just needed to think.

Remus watched the man go, his lips pinched in irritation as he turned to face the old man. He hadn't been aware, not consciously until that moment that was, how often the man used that against the Slytherin. It was like someone throwing up his werewolf status in his face constantly. Did Albus not even realize what he had said?

"I'm going to follow him, just stay with the boys Headmaster," Remus said tiredly before he rushed out of the room before the old man could say otherwise.

Albus sighed softly as he had seen the look that his Potion's Master had given him before he had left the room and he hated himself for being the one to say it. But he needed Severus to come to senses, it was unhealthy to keep that hate inside for so long.

Remus headed down to the lab, the potion's master just a few feet in front of him. He was thankful that the door wasn't warded and easily slipped in, his nose wrinkling at the smells but he brushed it off. He could see the back of his companion's head was bent over a desk, and his hands looked to be gripping the countertop quite tight. He didn't want to disturb the man but he wasn't going to go away so he might as well summon that Gryffindor courage for once in his life.

"Severus, are you alright?" Remus asked quietly from where he was by the door.

Severus's grip tightened if that was possible on the desk, he had been unaware that the wolf of all people had come after him. "Go back upstairs to the boys, they're going to be wondering where you are," he whispered out softly trying to keep his emotions where they were.

"Only if you come with me, they're going to be wondering about you as well. I know Harry in particular," Remus said lightly with a humorless chuckle.

"What does it matter? Black is going to take him away from me, you heard Albus I have no claim on that little boy. He's not my godson, he's not my anything," Severus bit out, his breath shuddering before he could control it.

"Not necessarily. Amelia Bones stated that Sirius couldn't gain custody of Harry right now, due to his Azkaban stay. And you forget Harry will be back to his 13-year old self soon enough. He will be old enough to choose who he wants to live with, he doesn't know Sirius, and while that's sad, he does know you. You have those guardianship papers in your desk drawer, you need to sign them now otherwise it's going to work against you in the long run," Remus told him firmly, his tone was kind but to the point.

"I waiting until Harry was back to his original age. I don't wish to trap him in this guardianship if he turns out not to want it," Severus admitted softly.

"I know but like I said signing it now gives you a distinct advantage and you need that. Harry will understand, and if I'm correct at reading the child he won't mind at all. He'll be elastic," Remus said fondly.

Severus's eyebrows rose from where he was bent over his desk, as he shook his head in disbelief. "Why are you telling me this? Black is your friend," he muttered out.

"He is, and so are you," Remus said simply as if the man should have known that too. "As it was, Albus shouldn't have said that, and what I meant was taken out of context," he muttered out.

"What did you mean?" Severus asked looking for a distraction from his emotions.

"Tomorrow; I wanted us all to head to Hogwarts as neutral ground where the boys could play and Sirius could come and visit with us. I never meant for you to think that he would come here. I may not have enough money to my name, but I do have my own space and I know what it means to me. And so I know what this manor means to you Severus. I would never hurt you like that," Remus told him sincerely.

"I don't understand you Remus," Severus said softly, as he ignored the stinging in the back of his eyes.

"Then don't, just go with it, and I meant what I said Severus. You opened up your home to me and gave me an amazing opportunity to know those three boys. You are indeed my friend, and I'm sorry if I've ever given you doubt that you weren't," Remus said kindheartedly.

 Remus smiled softly to himself, choosing not to comment on the small sniffling he heard coming from the other man. It was time that Severus realized he wasn't so alone anymore. Harry wasn't going to be the only new addition in the man's life, he would be here for him even if he didn't want him to be.

~*~*~*Kitchen~*~*~*~*

"Grandpa Albus, what's wong?" Draco asked in confusion. The old man had come back into the kitchen looking sad and he sat in his chair and didn't say anything for a while. He didn't even react when Draco tugged on his beard, it was like he didn't even feel it. As it was the old man was even talking to them right now, and he was worried a little bit.

"He's fine Dwaco, he put just foot in his mouth," Neville said with a frown as he finished his breakfast and stood up.

"Why would he do dat Neville?" Harry asked in confusion.

"It means he said somefing that he shouldn't haff said, he huwt somebody and now he's huwting himself," Neville said slowly, his words proper the way they always did we he was explaining something serious.

"Who did he huwt?" Draco asked softly.

"We're not ‘posed to know," Neville replied softly wishing with all his heart that he didn't know himself. He never thought that Severus as strong as he was could feel like that, and it took all he had not to burst into tears when he felt the man's pain.

"Do you fink we should get out the da way?" Harry asked quietly, interrupting his friend's train of thought.

"No, he would never hurt us. I just think we should go get our faces cleaned up and get our coats on," Neville told the small boy.

"Kay," Harry said easily as he rushed out of the room.

"Awe you coming Dwaco?" Neville asked softly.

"No I'm gonna stay wiff him," Draco said quietly as he climbed off of his chair and crawled into the old man's lap. He didn't feel the man's hand coming to hold him like he usually did, so Draco made sure to hug him as tight as he could so the old man could know that Draco still loved him, regardless of what he did.

~*~*~*Manor Hallway~*~*~*~*~*~

"Maybe we shouwd go upstaiws and pway," Harry said softly when it became apparent as they pulled on their winter things that no one was coming for them.

"No I think we should go outside, I want to show you how to build a snowman and a snow angel, and maybe my magic can enchant it," Neville said slyly.

"How?" Harry asked obviously intrigued.

"Gotta come out and see," Neville said with a giggle as he leaned over to help the other boy pull on his wellies.

Harry tugged his hat over his head and grinned. "Kay!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Remus and Severus finally came upstairs, they were met with a quiet house to their utmost surprise. Each man looked at the other in confusion before both pulling out their wands as an afterthought.

"They might just be outside, you'd know if anyone flooed in or out," Remus reasoned, aware that thanks to the first war everyone was still on edge even in these peaceful times.

"Perhaps," Severus said with a slight shrug. He startled ever so slightly when the quiet was broken when the back door opened and in rushed a small blur. He noted in amusement how they shifted so their wands were behind them as to not scare the child as that's what it surely was.

"Wait! Time out, I need to go potty fiwst!" Harry called over his shoulder to his friends. The little boy stumbled over the rug in the hall and would have fallen hadn't Remus reached forward to catch him. He looked at the two men before a pout adorned his adorable face.

"Something the matter little one?" Severus asked with an amused smirk at the expression on his face.

"You we'we gone fowever, we had to keep Gwanpa Albus fwom wunning away. Dwaco had to sit on his lap for a wong time," Harry said with a huff, having been very disgruntled that the old man took a long time to play with them. This was supposed to be a special day and the man was so sad.

"Really? Why was he running away?" Remus asked slowly, as his eyes flickered to Severus in disbelief. He would have never figured that happening.

"Nebille said he said somefing he shouwdn't haff," Harry replied promptly.

"Oh did he now?" Severus said with a chuckle.

Harry nodded before he frowned again as he was reminded of something again, and gave them a worried look. "I gotta go potty now, pwease?" He asked them warily, hoping they wouldn't think he was being rude and tell him not to go. Had he been back at his relative's house, he would have been stuck in his cupboard for even asking to use it.

"Of course cub, go on. Don't let us stop you," Remus told him quickly not wanting to hold the child up and risk and accident happening. He watched with a bemused expression as the little boy continued down the hall, disappearing into a room a moment later. He turned to Severus before he put his wand back in his holster and sighed.

"We should probably head outside, how long were we even gone for?" Severus asked quietly, as he cocked his head to the side. He just wanted to make sure that his godson didn't need him.

Remus preformed the tempus charm before shaking his head in disbelief, he hadn't thought it would be that long but apparently they had been gone for two hours. "I guess we lost track of a lot of time down there," he said weakly as he turned to look at the Slytherin.

"I'll say," Severus said in the same tone, he couldn't believe it himself. He opened to his mouth to say something else, when he picked up a small thump from the down the hall.

"I need hewp!" Harry called out anxiously knowing that the men were probably still out in the hall. He knew they hovered and he liked that about them. As it was, there wasn't a step stool in this bathroom and the toilet wasn't small like theirs was upstairs and he needed some help before he embarrassed himself.

 "Here I come Harry," Severus called back immediately. "I'll meet you outside," Severus told him already making his way down the hall. He knew leaving little boys to wait, often ended up with an accident and it was way too early for tears.

Remus nodded easily before he headed out the door to see how his cubs were faring outside with Albus.

~*~*~*Later on that night~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Severus gently kissed the soft, damp, raven haired head of the little boy who was currently sitting on his lap. The day had been fun, and tiring to say the least and the Potion's Master was very grateful that the bath had calmed the three little terrors down. The day despite starting out like it had had been just as happy and productive as Severus had initially thought it would be.

They had a various snowball fights over the course of the day, he helped Harry make his first snow angel and then he enchanted their snowmen's to make them sing and dance. He smiled fondly, thankful that Albus had managed to get all of that on camera. He couldn't wait to see when the pictures developed, he would keep them always. He never wanted to forget this moment, he never wanted the day to even end.

Currently they had just finished giving all three of the boys their baths and now they were all piled on the enlarged sofa in what he liked to call his ‘muggle room'. This room was warded against all my magic so it wouldn't mess with the items in it. He had a Television set in here, and they were about to start watching a Christmas shows, or movies. He remembered watching them as a kid, before his dad became an alcoholic and even with Lily and her family.

 He wanted to share this with Harry and Neville and Draco especially. If nothing else, he wanted them to remember this day. He wanted them to remember that he loved all of them and that he wanted them. Severus watched in amusement as Remus showed Albus how to work the muggle remote.

"Before we watch anything, I think we should allow the boys to open one gift tonight," Severus stated slowly.

Harry gasped happily as he looked up at the man, awe shining in his eyes. "Weally?" He asked softly even as he could hear his friends echoing his sentiment.

"Are you sure that's wise Severus?" Albus stated quietly, unsure of himself for the first time in a long time. They had managed to get through the day without the little boys noticing anything but he knew there was some underlying tension between all three of them. He knew once the children went to sleep that they would be talking it out. He didn't want to be at odds, and he knew that he himself needed to apologize if nothing else came from it.

"I do, I always enjoyed opening one gift on Christmas Eve, and I wish to share that tradition with them," Severus replied easily.

"What present do we get to open?" Draco asked excitedly.

"It's up to you," Severus told him honestly. He kept quiet on the fact that most of their presents were shrunken and put away. The ones underneath the tree were from the boys to each other and a couple that he hadn't be able to resist.

"Gweat, lets check it out then!" Neville stated ecstatically, acting his age for once. He slid down from Remus's lap and hurried out the room with Draco and Harry on his tail.

"I didn't see that coming," Severus said in amusement as they all followed after the boys.

"Me either," Remus remarked dryly as they headed for the sitting room, where the tree was set up.

Harry was sitting next to both Draco and Neville, smiling brightly as they each shook their gifts. Once he saw the men he smiled brightly. "Can we open dem now?" He asked hopefully.

"Just those ones, and yes you can," Severus replied easily as he grabbed the camera from the mantle and set it on its timer for nonstop pictures for the moment.

Harry ripped into his present, a part of him feeling like he should have carefully unwrapped it but he didn't want too. He gasped loudly as he opened the gift before he hugged the box to his chest happily. He had seen this at the muggle store when he and Severus had gotten Neville's gift. He hadn't given any inclination that he wanted it so how did the potion's master know that he did.

"What did you get Hawwy?" Draco asked curiously, he couldn't see what the raven hair boy had gotten as he was hugging it to his chest.

"It's a Woody and a Buzz Lightyear set," Harry responded happily as he jumped up and down before running to hug the potion's master tightly. "Fank you!"

Severus hugged the child back tightly in response before he replied.  "You are so very welcome Harry,"

"How did you know I wanted dis?" Harry asked softly.

"I saw the way you looked at it, so I knew I had to get it for you," Severus told him honestly as he kissed his hair softly.

"What does the toy do Harry?" Neville asked curiously.

"The Woody one is a shewiff and he tawks if you pull on his stwing in the back. And da Buzz Wightyear one has wings and he tawks if you pwess his buttons," he told them eagerly as the dark haired man opened the box so he could demonstrate what he had said. He had to admit the toy was even cooler then what he had thought.

Draco stared at the raven haired boy and the toy with envy, unable to help himself. He had never seen any toy like that before so he knew it was probably a muggle toy. That being said it looked really cool and he wished that he had gotten it instead of Harry. He hated the other boy in that moment, wishing that he wasn't here.

 If he hadn't of been here, then that toy would have been his. He sighed softly as he looked at his gift, it was a My first potion's set, and while a part of him loved it the rest of him wished that he could have what Harry had. He shook his head before his little eyes narrowed, Harry was ruining everything. He ignored the look he could feel from Neville; he was so tired of them being here. He frowns before he makes his way to Grandpa Albus and snuggles up to the man as they head back to the muggle room.

"What did you get Neville?" Harry asked eagerly as he looked brightly at his friends, unaware of the turmoil that Draco was going through.

"I got this gweat Gardening Kit, I had no idea dey even sold these! I can't wait to twy it out!" Neville said happily as he hugged it tightly to his chest.

"We can set aside some time tomorrow I promise," Severus told them as they all piled back on the sofa.

"I can't wait," Neville whispered out happily.

~*~*2 hours later~*~*~*~*~*~*

Severus made the executive decision to put the boys to bed soon after How the Grinch Stole Christmas went off. The little boys were all in various stages of dozing but he still wanted to go through their bedtime routine. He had come to rely on them as much as they did. And so after the end of the movie he clicked off the T.V. and carried Harry upstairs to their room knowing that Remus and Albus were following after him. He laid the tiny tot in his bed and tucked him in happily.

"Harry, buddy before you go to sleep I want to ask you something important," Severus told him softly as he carded his hand through the soft locks of the child.

Harry smiled sleepily as he looked at the man. "What did you wanna ask?"

"What are you grateful for?" Severus asked kindly.

Harry beamed at the man despite his tiredness, he loved answering questions for the man. "You, I'm so happy dat you took Hawwy in. I love it hewe and I never evew wanna leave you," he told the man firmly as he sat up to hug the man tightly..

"I'm grateful for you too buddy, and I will try to my best to make sure that you stay here as long as you want," Severus said softly unable to speak any louder than that as he feared that his voice would crack with all the emotions that he was currently feeling.

"I Love you daddy," Harry said happily as he laid back down with a sigh. He knew he would have good dreams tonight, how could he not?

Severus smiled thankfully before he headed over to his godson's bed, he could see Albus making his way to Neville and Remus making his way to Harry. He couldn't ask for anything better.

Remus kissed the top of the child's forehead happily. "Have nothing but sweet dreams cub," he told the child fondly.

"Kay, I love you too Uncle Moony," Harry said with a tired sigh.

Remus choked softly, he hadn't known Harry remembered or if he ever would. There was nothing left to say as he hugged the tot as tight as he could, the child didn't even know how much that meant to him.

Meanwhile Severus was running into an issue with Draco, just across the room. He had thought that this little blip that he was currently dealing with wasn't going to come up, but he had been proven wrong. He could hear the jealously coming from his godson and he had no clue on what brought it on. He sighed softly as he gently pulled the child off of his hair.

"What did you say you were grateful for Draco?" Severus repeated calmly, wondering if he had heard wrong, he just wanted the child to repeat.

" I'm gwateful that you awe my godfather and no one else's," Was his simple but very honest answer.

Severus sighs softly, unsure of how to take that, and honestly just wants to nip this in the bud. It's way too late for this, for anyone to be feeling this way. "Of course you're my only godson," he replied carefully. "What brought this one Dragon? This isn't like you," he added.

Draco sniffled out sadly as he climbed into the man's lap. He just wanted to be close to his godfather. "I never see you anymowe and I know you like Hawwy and Nebille more den me," he mumbled out sadly.

Severus nods as the child lets loose his feelings, surprised but at the same time not. He had been wondering when this jealous would rear its head and here it was.

"Draco you have nothing to worry about, no one in this entire world can ever replace you," Severus promised him tightly. He needed to nip this quickly, Draco may be his godson but Harry was going to be his son that was different.

Unbeknownst to the two Slytherins, there was a small little Gryffindor who was listening in on their conversation. It was instinct for him to listen as that's how he gained information and that's how he knew what his Uncle or Aunt constantly planned for him. Harry couldn't stop the small tendril of doubt and hurt that started to grow in his heart at the man's words, but what could he say?

 When Grandpa Albus came round to him he closed his eyes and calmed his breathing so it looked like he was asleep. He didn't want to talk to anyone right now, he didn't want to be here. He didn't want to stay here if Draco didn't want him here. He didn't want to take away something from the boy, he didn't ever want to do that. He wasn't sure how long it was, but finally the men leave the room, and Harry has to try hard to keep his tears at bay. He didn't mean to make Draco feel like he was taking his place. The little Gryffindor sat up in bed suddenly as he saw the blonde haired tot making his way over to him.

"Dwaco, I sowwy," Harry stated tearfully.

Draco sniffed snootily as he glared angrily at the black-haired boy in disbelief. "I wish dat Uncle Sebbus had never ever bwinged you here. I wish he kept you back with Aunt Poppy.  I wish you'd go away, because I know that you're twying to steal Uncle Sebbus from me," Draco told him angrily.

Harry couldn't do much but stare in horror, where was he supposed to go? He gulped tearfully turning to look at Neville's bed knowing that the older boy would help him only to see that he wasn't even in the room. Where had he gone? Harry sniffles sadly but doesn't argue, knowing in his heart that Draco is right.

He always knew this day would come he just didn't think it would be the day before Christmas. He keeps his tears silent, used to crying this way at the Durselys. He turned away from the blonde boy and buried his face into his pillow ignoring the cheerful goodnights coming from Draco and Neville. How hadn't he known?

The little boy knows what he has to do, he doesn't want too but he doesn't want to be a burden to anyone else. Now that he knew magic, he knew if he could find another wizard like Moony he would be alright. He just needed to get out of the house. He nods to himself, when everyone is asleep he will make his move, Draco wants him gone, he'll get his Christmas wish!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As the men head downstairs Severus stumbled only slightly on the steps before he remembered something.

"Albus, if you could please help me with this magical barrier? I don't want Harry cooking for us on Christmas Day," Severus requested.

"Of course Severus," Albus replied easily as he reinforced the man's spell with his own magic before they continued on downstairs.

"I'll get some tea, and then we can have our talk," Remus said as he snapped his fingers for a house elf as Severus spelled the room.

~*~*~*Around 2am in the morning~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Despite his best efforts Harry found himself falling asleep, thanks to his full day of excitement but luckily he found himself waking up from a feeling in his tummy. He was just coming back from going potty before realizing that he still had time to put his plan into action. A glance around the room and he saw not to mention that he can also hear the other boys sleeping.

Harry sniffled sadly before he tugged on his shoes and his jacket before grabbing a small pack. After packing his stuffy, and his new Woody and buzz doll he looks back at the two sleeping boys before he sniffled yet again before making his way out of the room. He didn't want to do this, but he knew he had no choice.

 Harry attempts to head down the stairs, the way he usually does but he finds to his shock and disbelief that he can't bypass Severus's magic. What was going on? He doesn't know it's because Grandpa Albus had helped him. Feeling slightly disgruntled he heads down the hall another way, feeling awful and even more so as it's so dark he can barely see anything. He isn't even aware that it's snowing until he finds a secret hideaway that'll lead him outside.

He treks outside and it's all he can do not to run back inside. It's a snowstorm and it's so cold and he wished that he had be able to grab his boots. The little boy hugged his arms tightly as he attempts to walk through the snow ignoring as much as he can the wetness seeping into his tennis shoes. He can barely walk in, as it's nearly waist high and giving him some trouble.

He stifles a yelp as he finds himself falling face first into the snow, the coldness seeping into his clothes. He starts to cry in earnest now, he just wanted to be warm and safe! Harry knows he should get up, but he's crying too hard to even attempt it so he stays where he is, lying on the cold, hard ground.

~&~&~&~Boy's Room 3am in the morning~&~&~&~

Unaware to Harry, Neville suddenly wakes up with a frightened gasp, unsure of what the heck is going on as he tries to calm his heart down. His bed has been spelled against the other boy's emotions but he knows immediately something isn't right. It feels wrong in the room; it feels like something is missing. He jumped out of bed and hurries first over to Draco's bed to find the blonde Slytherin still sleeping. Blowing out a sigh of relief he went to make sure Harry was still doing okay only to gasp even louder than he had before.

This explains the wrongness, and the horror he currently is feeling. He presses his hand to the bed, feeling how cool the bed is, so he knows that Harry has been gone a while then. The little Empath runs back over to Draco's bed and shakes the blonde boy anxiously.

"Get up Dwaco, Harry's gone!" Neville stated frantically as he tried to wake the other boy up.

Draco's eyes flicked open at the boy's word, even in his sleep he had heard it. But he wasn't totally sure what was going on. "What do you mean gone? Maybe he's in da baffroom?"

"No his stuffy is gone and his pack and jacket and his shoes. He's wun away, why would he do that?" Neville replied in horror as he looked over the other boy's area, they needed to get help. The grownups had to know about it!

Draco gasped then as he was reminded almost forcefully on just why Harry was gone. He gulped tearfully, the guilt ripping straight through him as his emotion's hit him full force. He had wanted this hadn't he? If he had, then why was he feeling this kind of way?

Neville had been heading towards the door when he felt it, Draco's emotion's so raw, they brought him to his knees before he brought up his small mind shields to block it out. "What did you do?" He hissed out dangerously as he stared at the other boy incredulity. He stood back up, torn between going back to Draco or heading out of the room.

"I just told him da twuth," Draco replied bravely, even though he knew he wasn't feeling that emotion. He was feeling hurt and lost and so very scared, what if something had happened to Harry? This would be all his fault.

"No you didn't, you lied to him, how could you do something like that? You're a jealous little prat Dwaco and if we don't find Harry I'm never going to talk to you again," Neville retorted angrily before he ran out of the room intent on finding Severus.

He wasn't sure which room belong to the Potion's Master but he did know Uncle Remus's room. He found for once in his life that he couldn't be bothered to do the sensible thing and instead stood in the middle of the room and screamed as loud as he possibly could. He didn't mean for his magic respond as well but it did and he was grateful for it when he could hear three different footfalls coming his way before 3 doors opened.

"What's the matter? What happened?" Severus was saying as he ran towards the child in the hall, absently spelling the hallway.

"Who's hurt, is someone having a nightmare again?" Remus was asking as he looked around.

"Where's Draco and Harry, Neville?" Albus asked when he realized that the other two boys were nowhere to be found.

"Dwaco is in the room and he could stay there for all I care, it's his fault that Harry ran away," Neville replied bitingly.

Severus had been ready to admonish him before he caught the child's words and his heart stopped for a minute before it restarted but double time. "How long has he been gone?"

"Awhile, his bed is cold. I woke up like 10 minutes ago and he wasn't there. But I felt Draco and he's a jealous prat. He had no right saying that to Harry," Neville said angrily.

"I've no doubt, we'll discuss this when we come back, Albus you stay with Draco," Remus replied quickly as he headed towards the steps.

"He couldn't have gone that way; the barrier is too strong. He went another way," Severus said as he performed a point me spell.

"Wait a minute," Remus said before he as he waved his hand as his face canceling the charm that muted his sense of smell. He took a deep breath before he took off running down the hall.

Severus usually hated anything that reminded him that the other man was a werewolf except for in that moment. He was grateful for the man's nose as his spell wasn't going as well as it could.

"I'm coming too," Neville said seriously as he reached up for the man to carry him.

Not willing to take time to argue, Severus picked the child up and ran after the wolf, knowing that if Harry had somehow managed to make his way outside that it could go both ways. He hoped it would be alright, and that the child hadn't been outside for long, he didn't want to find out that his child had frozen to death, how would he survive now?

"He'll be okay," Neville replied softly, hoping with all his heart that it would be the truth.

"I hope so buddy, I really do," Severus said as they went lower and lower into his manor. 

The End.
End Notes:
Hope you liked it
Chapter 15 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I am sorry guys. I have no idea what the heck happened with this chapter. I was blissfully writing chapter 16 and 17 when I got a messaged asking if I was okay lol. My bad my computer had me thinking I had posted this when I did.

Beware this chapter is angsty and its the Christmas chapter the best I could do in the summer and October. There will be flashback scenes because I have some cute ones lol

Sirius makes his appearance and did I mention angst?

*Flashbacks*

 

Severus followed quickly after the wolf, with Neville securely in his arms, as he didn't want to drop the child. He was worried beyond belief not to mention beating himself over the fact that he hadn't done anything to reassure his child. Draco might have been his godson but the boy had two parents who loved and cared for him as it was.

Harry was going to be his child and he knew that the green eyed child was going to come first always and forever. He prayed to every entity that he would find the boy, and hoped with all his heart that the boy had chosen to seek refuge in a wayward part of his Manor. But as he saw the wolf make a sharp turn to the right he closed his eyes, he knew this corridor.

"He's outside, his scent is very faint here," Remus remarked quietly taking that moment to spell a warming charm on Neville. He could withstand some cold and he didn't want to take precious time from looking for Harry.

"I know, I hope he managed to make it to the shed," Severus breathed out quietly as they opened the door.

The dour man, quickly shielded the child in his arms from the blowing snow as he looked around. He couldn't see anything out here and spelled his wand to light up a bit of their path. He hoped it wasn't too late, could his child survive in this blizzard? What would he do if Harry died? He would have failed Lily, and Harry both and he didn't think he would be able to come back from that.

"We're gonna find him," Neville whispered out when the man's emotion's started to get frightening. He didn't want the man to stick to those feeling when they didn't even know what happened. As it was the small empath could feel Harry, it was faint but the boy was still alive.

Remus seemed to have come to the same conclusion as Neville as he turned to look back at Severus. "He's out here, I can smell it, even fainter then inside. The snow is blowing his scent all over the place," he informed the man.

Neville coughed to gain their attention. "I fink he's stwaight in fwont of us, I can feel him," he told them helpfully.

"A locater charm might work better now," Severus murmured to himself as he kept a tighter hold on the child. He knew it would be better for Harry if he allowed Remus to grab the child. The man's temperature ran hotter than a human's so he knew the body contact would definitely help his child in the long run.

Heeding Neville's advice, Severus preformed the charmed and wasn't surprised when it pointed straight ahead. Keeping his wand lit and closer to the ground then normal he started walking briskly across the snow, ignoring it as it seeped through his sleep clothes. He couldn't feel the cold at the moment, too focused on his task. He had gone maybe ten feet when he turned to look at Neville in confusion who was pulling on his ear rather tightly.

"Be caweful, you almost stepped on him," Neville said worriedly as he pointed down to the snow where he could see a small tuft of black hair against the snow.

Severus looked down and swallowed hard as he bent down to help the clearly unconscious child. Harry was buried under the snow, and had it not been for Neville he would have stepped on him, or missed him completely. He couldn't think on that, as he feared he would suffer a rare panic attack if he did.

"Remus, Harry's here, pick him up and hurry back inside," Severus called over the wind to the other man.

Remus nodded and quickly made his way over to them, swiftly picking up his cub and holding him protectively to his chest. He could feel how cold the boy was and it terrified him, which is why he took off at a run back towards the house.

He knew that Severus and Neville would be right behind him. He just needed Harry to get warm, without overwhelming his body and his magical core. Going hot to cold and vice versa so quickly tended to have disastrous effects on anyone, muggle or wizard.

He gulped fearfully as he looked down at the child in his arms after spelling the lights on in the manor. The boy's lips were blue and his eyes were closed. If he hadn't heard the small shallow breaths, he would have assumed that the little boy had passed on. Not to mention he knew self-healing techniques but he wasn't all too sure what needed to be done medically for Harry.

"Severus!" He called out, hoping the man was inside.

"I'm here, take Harry and Neville and head to the sitting room where the fire should be blazing. It'll help with warming up Harry. Transfigure something into a bed and lay Harry there, I need to get the correct potions," Severus told him seriously.

"Maybe I can get them for you?" Remus asked feeling inadequate as he looked down at the child pressed against his chest.

"No, I need you to take off your shirt and Harry's shirt and hug him again. Skin to skin contact and warmth he's going to need. Your temperature is hotter than mine, this will help him Remus, do it," Severus stressed out before he turned and headed down to his lab.

Remus nodded quickly. "Come Neville, I might need your help buddy," he told the little boy as he hurried into the room.

The potion Master had been correct the room was pretty toasty but this was just what Harry needed. He pulled off his shirt and transfigured the couch into a big bed before he laid down on it, taking off the child's wet and cold clothes and laying him down on his chest. He took a deep breath to calm himself before he performed the Patronus charm to alert Albus of what was going on and to bring Harry something warm.

"Wemus what can I do?" Neville asked softly feeling helpless as he watched the man lie on the bed with his friend who still wasn't moving.

"Come lie down on the other side of him," Remus told him, knowing the child could help. He knew that Neville still had a warming charm radiating around him so his pajamas were nice and warm and would help Harry since he couldn't do any spells to the child himself.

Neville didn't need the man repeating it as quickly climbed onto the bed and hugged Harry tightly, shivering as he felt the other boy's cold body. "I'm scawed," he whispered.

"I know, but everything will be fine," Remus promised him as he held both the boy tightly in his arms. He didn't relax until he heard Severus coming back up the stairs and rushing into the room to work his magic, to save that special little boy who they all held dearly to their hearts.

~*~*~*Christmas Morning~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry woke up the next morning feeling warm and cuddly and toasty all at one time. He was confused, very much so when he opened his eyes and saw everyone around him. He was wrapped up in his daddy's arms, but Remus and Neville were also holding onto him, and the little boy could see Grandpa Albus and Draco on the foot of the bed. What were they all doing down here? He sighed softly trying to think back on last night, to see what led to this.

 Harry closed his eyes tightly only to gasp softly as he remembered the awful things that Draco had said to him. He had ran away intending on never returning to this house, but it had been cold and he had fallen in the snow. He had been so cold, that he couldn't move. He frowned when it became apparent that he was drawing up a blank, he would ask his daddy what happened later on. For now, he had something very important to take care of.

He yawned quietly before he started carefully pulling off the hands that were attached to him. He was able to take off Uncle Moony's and Neville's hands quite easily but his daddy had him as securely as he could be and huffed. He wasn't angry he just had to go potty and the man wasn't letting go.

The little raven haired boy sighed softly before he shook the arms that held him, he would just have to wake the man up. The last thing he wanted was to have an accident in the bed with everyone on it with him. That would be just the most embarrassing thing for him.

"Daddy? Can you wake up? I wanna get up," Harry said anxiously.

Severus was extremely tired from the night before, as he and Remus had worked hard to make sure that Lily's child was alright. At the moment, he just wanted to enjoy his little sleep, even as he heard the child calling him. It truly wasn't registering in his mind at the moment.

Harry frowned when there was no outward reaction from the potion's master and he sighed loudly before he grimaced. Desperate times call for desperate measures he supposed, even if he really didn't want to do it. He just didn't have a choice right now. He sighed softly before he bit down on the hand that was still holding onto him.

Severus opened his eyes at the sharp pain on his hand, moving his head to look down at the little boy who was trying to get away from him. "What are you doing Harry? It's Christmas, you aren't cooking today," he told him seriously.

Harry smiled softly before he nodded. "Can I go potty?" He asked instead of replying to the statement the man had said. To be honest, he wasn't even thinking about cooking at this point, not to mention he was feeling some kind of way towards Draco and he didn't think he could cook for him.

"Of course," Severus said as carefully picked the child up to set him on his feet on the floor by the bed. He held in his words to accompany the child, he was feeling a little protective after what had happened last night. But he didn't think that Harry would appreciate that, the little boy enjoyed being independent when he could.

"I be wight back daddy," Harry chirped before he made his way out of the room and headed to the bathroom.

Severus sat up then, not in the mood for a lie in, once Harry wasn't in his arms anymore. He glanced around the bed to find everyone else still asleep, and this was fine. He actually wanted to get Harry's point of view before he talked with his godson. Severus gave a small tremble as he remembered how cold, and just dead Harry had felt last night.

 He swallowed thickly and pushed the memory away, not wanting to dwell on it at that moment. He moved and quietly got off of the bed to meet Harry into the hallway, and wasn't disappointed when he saw the raven haired child running towards him. He bent down and caught the boy before lifting him in the air and hugging him tightly to his chest.

"Daddy?" Harry asked in confusion as he found his face into the man's chest. He didn't mind it at all, he just wasn't sure what brought this on. "What's wong?"

"I wanted to talk about what happened last night, after everyone was in bed," Severus said quietly as he carried the child up the stairs. He knew that when everyone woke up they would all enjoy a Christmas breakfast together, and he knew if they went in now and saw the delicious food Harry might ask for some and he would never tell that little boy no. Especially when it came too food, and how he grew up.

Harry sighed softly and rested his head on the man's shoulder. "I wanna go to yo woom den," he told the man seriously. If he was going to be forced to talk about this, he wanted to be surrounded by his daddy's scent, and his bed and his everything.

"That I can do," Severus said easily as he made a detour and let them into his own room before shutting the door behind them. He took a seat on the bed before situating the small boy in his lap.

Harry grinned, he hadn't thought the man would have gone for it, but apparently his daddy really wanted to know what happened. Harry didn't think that the man would make him leave especially since he went after him last night. He waited until they were sitting on the bed before he leaned back into the chest that held him protectively.

"Dwaco said dat I was taking his pwace hewe, dat I was taking you fwom him," the little boy said without prompting, his happy go lucky smile falling from his face in an instance.

"Draco was wrong, he couldn't be more far from the truth Harry. You could never take his place because he is my godson, but you Harry; you will be my son," Severus said seriously wanting the child to know there would be no comparison.

Harry sighed softly, even as something warm blossomed in his chest. "Like da way Uncle Vewnon tweats Dudley? Because he weally loves him?" Harry asked trying to understand in the only way that he knew how.

"Exactly that," Severus said centrally hating to be compared to the that whale of an Uncle of Harry's but having no choice. The child at the moment was five and he didn't truly understand.

"Wow," Harry breathed out in awe as he buried his face into the man's chest.

"I love you more then air, and at the end of the day Draco will go back home to his mummy and daddy. But you will stay here with me forever and always," Severus replied honestly.

Harry only hugged the man tighter in response too overwhelmed to reply to that. "Can we go and wake evewybody up?" He asked hopefully.

"And why would we do that?" Severus teased playfully.

"So we can open ouw pwesents," Harry beamed happily at his parent.

Severus chuckled as he hugged the child easily, noticing yet again how easily giving affection to the child, or any of the boys had become. He had definitely come a long way that was for sure. "We can, let's head down there then," he told him easily.

Harry clung to the man like a koala bear as he watched from the man's arm as they headed downstairs. "Daddy what else awe we going to do today?" Harry wanted to know, he knew that this was going to be the best Christmas day ever, he just didn't know what that entailed too.

"We will be opening some presents and then have some breakfast before heading over to Hogwarts. The Headmaster thinks it imperative for you to spend a few hours with another member of your family," Severus managed to say neutrally even if he wanted sneer, he didn't want to do that in Harry's vicinity.

Harry opened his eyes wide in horror, not fully understanding. "I don't wanna see my famiwy!" He told the man fearfully, hadn't his daddy promised he would never have to see them ever again?

Severus frowned at the child's reaction before he nodded. "Oh, I didn't mean your relatives Harry, I meant someone else. The headmaster wants you to spend some time with you godfather," he explained carefully.

"I haff a Godfather?" Harry asked in disbelief, he wasn't sure what that meant but if it meant he was getting even more family he was all for it.

"You do, if you want to know more about him I suggest asking your Uncle Remus, rather then me," Severus said dryly as they reached the bottom and the steps and he moved to put the child down.

"No Daddy, I stay up," Harry said quickly as he refused to release his grip on the dark man's clothes. He felt like his daddy might be angry or even hurt and he didn't want him to run away or anything. It was better if they just stayed together.

"Okay honey," Severus sighed before he poked his head into the sitting room. He was relieved slightly when he saw that Remus seemed to be awake, and he made eye contact with the man before he stepped even further into the room.

"Do you want me to wake everyone up?" Remus asked curiously.

"Well Christmas was usually the day when everybody woke themselves up, we've got some time to kill as well. But I know we are supposed to head over to Hogwarts later as well. And spend a few hours with Black," Severus said tightly.

"I know," Remus said carefully. Now that he was friends with both Severus and Sirius, he could see that he would always be in the middle unless he could make Sirius see some sense. After all Severus was going to be in charge of Harry, and unless his mate acted right he might not get to see his godson. "Did you sign the papers?"

"I did," Severus said slowly. "You can shower if you want, or explain to Harry who Black is and what a Godfather entails," he reluctantly added.

"I'll do that then," Remus said cheerfully as he carefully stood up and reached for the raven haired child.

Harry eagerly reached out for his Uncle Moony and snuggled him. "Don't eat wiff out us Daddy," he told the potion's master.

"I won't Harry," Severus promised as he made his way over to where Albus was laying with Draco.

 He could see his godson was shifting about and he knew that the child was going to wake soon, and he moved to scoop him up. "The House elves have been alerted so they are making breakfast. Please wait for everyone else before you go," was all he said as he carefully picked up his blonde haired godson and left the room.

Draco officially woke up when he felt someone pick him up, and as he couldn't feel the soft beard that he had come to associate with the old man. He opened his gray eyes to find obsidian ones looking back at him. He didn't have to have Neville's ability to know that the man was anything but happy.

Those dark eyes were expressive when the man wanted them too be, but Draco wasn't super worried. He knew that his Uncle Sebbus would never hurt him like Harry's Uncle had done for him. He gave a sigh regardless knowing he wasn't looking forward to any of this, but had the good sense not to say anything as they left the sitting room and headed to the man's study to talk.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile Remus was grinning with mirth as he explained to Harry how much Sirius was looking to spoil him. "And he'll buy you whatever you want," he promised him.

"Coow," Harry said in awe. "But he won't make me twy to live wiff him? I wanna stay wiff my daddy," he made sure to remind the man.

"I know that buddy, and I promise you he'll know that soon enough," Remus said with a sad smile on his face but he knew that Severus was the better choice for Harry, for both of them. Sirius just wasn't father material and that was okay, he knew if he was given the chance he would make a great godfather.

"I wanna pway," Harry said after a moment before he turned to wake up the boy on the bed next to him.

~&~&~&~Breaking the line~&~&~

Despite Severus's assurances to Harry regarding what Draco had said and how much they both meant to him, the raven haired child was very wary when it came to the blonde boy. Harry refused point blank to even talk to Draco, he had been very hurt last night, and this was supposed to be a fun day. How could the blonde boy do that to someone who was supposed to be his friend? Shaking the thought away, Harry moved away from the breakfast table as he looked at his daddy hopefully.

"Can we open pwesents now?" Harry asked hopefully.

"Not just yet, we are going to head to Hogwarts and open them there. Go get whatever you want you bring with you and then put on your coat," Severus told him as he stood up himself intending to go get the boys' day bag. He also needed to shrink all of their gifts so they could travel easily enough to the castle with them.

"Are we flooing or did you acquire a portkey Albus?" Remus asked curiously.

"A Portkey directly to the infirmary, or my office. Which do you think would be better?" Albus asked the man.

"Maybe your office, it would give me a moment to place their presents around the tree in the Great Hall and talk to Sirius. I've already informed him that Severus had guardianship of Harry but knowing him like I do, he still will be a bit obnoxious but his healer tells me after he finishes his potions regimen his mind will be better," Remus explained.

"That's good, and I agree wholeheartedly with that plan. The last thing we need is Severus refusing to allow Sirius to see Harry when he starts in on him," Albus said truthfully.

Remus nodded in agreement before he turned to look at the other two boys. "If you're both finished you may head up the stairs to grab whatever you want to take with you to Hogwarts,"

Neville smiled brightly at that before he pushed back from his chair, ignoring Draco completely as he too hadn't yet forgiven the other boy just yet.

Draco watched Neville walk away with a sad expression on his face and sighed softly to himself before he looked up at the men unhappily. "I wost my fwiends," he sniffled out.

"Have you tried apologizing to them? You never said you were sorry about what you did you Harry," Remus pointed out.

Draco gave a careless shrug at that. "I twied, Hawwy won't even look at me," he said sadly.

"Give him time Dragon, Harry needs a moment to think about what happened," Severus said as he appeared into the kitchen again. "I'm ready whenever you two are," he said referring to Remus and Albus.

Albus nodded and pulled out the oddly coloured sock, that would be their portkey. "Hold tightly to be Draco, do not let me go," he told the child seriously.

"I won't Gwan'pa Albus," the blonde tot replied easily as he buried his face into the man's robes, holding as tight as he could, even as he felt the man's arms come around him.

"We are ready," Severus repeated as he and Remus held both Harry and Neville in their respective arms as well.

"Very well," Albus said before he whispered the activation word and they disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Harry gasped fearfully when it was suddenly over as he hugged his daddy as tight as he possibly could. "I didn't wike dat," he sniffled out, as he had thought for sure that he would be sick, it had made him feel so awful.

Severus looked down in concern at the child. "Did you need a potion?" He asked soothingly.

Harry shook his head, even though his tummy was churning something fierce, he didn't want to take any medicines. What if they put him to sleep and he missed meeting his godfather? His Uncle had told him that his daddy and his godfather didn't get along and he wasn't sure how he felt about that. He didn't want them to fight or worse have his daddy say that he couldn't see this new person. Harry didn't have a lot of family that he liked and he didn't want to turn this one away.

Severus gently set the child on the ground so he could look at his face, the boy looked a bit peaky but that could be from a number of things. Since the child declined he turned to his other companions, looking at each of the other two boys to make sure that they were okay.

"I fink, Dwaco and I awe used to it Uncle Sev'rus," Neville said helpfully as he smiled at the man happily.

"Hopefully so will Harry," Severus said easily.

Albus cleared his throat and looked around his office, setting Draco down for a moment to take off of his traveling cloak. "Should we meet back up in the Great Hall then?"

Severus nodded slowly as he too set Harry down on his feet and helped the child out of his coat. The castle was warm and he knew that the boys were going to be running around and he didn't want the boy to get overheated and ill. It was Christmas after all. "We can, I need to check something in my lab but I'll meet you all in the Great Hall in a half hour?"

Remus cleared his throat for a moment as he tugged off of Neville's coat. "Shouldn't we informed the children that we are having a guest with us while we open our gifts?"

"You inform them, and make sure to warn Black that if he tries anything I am gone. And that also mean Harry and Neville and Draco are coming with me," he said lightly not wanting to alert the children to his tone.

"I know Severus, I will pass along that warning. Sirius knows how important this is, he wouldn't do something that stupid, not after hes finally getting the help he needs," Remus said tiredly.

Severus sighed softly as he heard the weary man's tone and he remembered how the wolf clearly regarded him as a friend, and he wondered if he should finally treat him with that same courtesy and regard. It wasn't the werewolf's fault after all. "I know, I'm sorry Remus, this is just going to be a stressful day for me," the potion master said truthfully.

"Don't worry, I'll try to make it as painless as possible," Remus said gently as he turned to look at the boys on the floor. "Who wants to come with me to bring our special guest to the Great Hall?"

Neville glanced up, his eyes immediately going to search out Harry's who was looking excited for once without the aide of anyone else and he grinned happily. It was working, hopefully by the end of the holidays Harry would be the happiest ever. He knew Harry deserved this, and he didn't begrudge him.  He raised his hand shyly.

"Uncle Remus can I come wiff you and Harry? I fink Dwaco and Gwandpa Albus might want to ‘plore on their own," Neville said shyly as he could feel both the aforementioned people's emotions and Draco was clearly giddy at the headmaster's office and the man himself was having a ball pointing out everything.

"Of course you can," Remus said happily as he reached for both of their hands. "Harry say goodbye to daddy," he prompted as he watched Severus turned to leave the office.

Harry obediently turned to look at the man, waving happily with his free hand. "Bye Daddy! I see you later!"

Severus grinned despite himself and waved at all of the boys before he left the office and headed back to his dungeons. He always felt so comfortable in his own space and knowing he would be meeting Black again in a half hour no less he just couldn't stand it. He needed to brew something just so he could calm down and function like the boys needed him too.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Albus watched in amusement as Remus tromped out of the door with the two little Gryffindor boys, looking at the Slytherin child in his arms and only feeling love as he kissed his soft hair.

"Do you want to see a special animal?" Albus asked the child softly as he walked to the empty perch in his office.

Draco's eyes lit up despite the sadness he felt that Harry and Neville still weren't talking to him. He didn't like this, he would never be mean to Harry again. He missed them so much.

"See what?" He asked eagerly.

"My Phoenix, his name is Fawkes," Albus replied as he picked up the child, watching the boy's reaction when the fire bird in question suddenly appeared. The phoenix always had a way of knowing when he needed him and this time was no different.

"Wow," Draco said softly as he looked at the bird he had only ever seen in his books before. He suddenly found himself giggling as the phoenix trilled a soothing melody that healed the ache he had been feeling since Harry had run away.

"He likes you little one," Albus replied with a smile.

"Do you fink I can touch him Gwanpa Albus? He wooks so soft," Draco admired shyly for once in his life.

"I bet he would love it if you petted him honey. Everything will be okay now Draco, I promise you that," Albus said firmly before he laughed in earnest at Fawkes preening the child's hair.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Remus headed to the infirmary with the boy's listening to them chatter along in amusement. He wasn't sure what they were talking about but it get the nerves he was starting to feel away where they belonged. He didn't even know why he felt nervous, he had just been by to see Sirius a few days ago and the man knew he was coming with a surprise. He smiled softly once they saw the entrance to the infirmary, the doors were closed and he was grateful for that.

"Okay boys, once we get in here, I need you to remember that there is nothing to be afraid of. Sirius loves you both and he's really just a big kid, so if he raises his voice that just means hes excited. He's not going to hurt you, I would never let anyone hurt you," Remus told them seriously.

Neville and Harry both nodded silently, grins still adorning their faces as they watched their guardian open the door and lead them inside.

Remus looked towards the bed where Sirius was, not surprised to see the curtain up, he himself valued his privacy and his friend deserved that more then anyone else after the horror that he had endured. "Wait here okay? I'll go see if he's ready," Remus told them softly before he headed over towards the bed alone.

Neville turned his eyes away from the man to look around the infirmary with interest. He knew that a few weeks ago they had been in this very room with Aunt Poppy, but he was feeling something else. The place in here felt very familiar in a way, and he found himself walking over to a bed near a window. Had he ever been here before he was with Poppy? He pressed his hands to the sheets, his eyes closing involuntarily as he was caught in a memory.

*Flashback*

"Did you see his face, the great lump?" Draco asked laughed out.

"There's no need to tell me I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, Malfoy's already done that,' Neville choked, his insides literally burning in shame.

"Here's your Remebrall Neville, Malfoy tried to swipe it but Harry saved it," Ron said as he held out the glass ball to him, who was lying on the bed in the infirmary looking nervous and wary as he wondered just what his year mates were doing here.

"T-t-thanks, you didn't have to do that," Neville stuttered out his eyes wide in disbelief. He couldn't believe that Harry had done that for him. "I h-h-hope Harry didn't get into any trouble," he said as he couldn't see the raven haired boy there.

"He didn't we thought he might of, McGonagall looked angry," Ron said seriously as he remembered.

"If he's not in trouble, where is he?" Neville asked curiously, as he needed to thank Harry himself personally.

"He made the Quidditch team, so he's out practicing otherwise he would have come with us," Hermione piped in, she had offered to go as Harry had been nice to her.

*End Flashback*

Neville didn't get a chance to see what happened next as he suddenly heard his name being called loudly and he frowned. Why were they yelling? He was right here. He opened his eyes, blinking quickly to get rid of the blurriness.

"Neville? Neville!" Remus called out gently shaking the boy's shoulder in concern as something had happened to the child he just wasn't sure what. The boy had closed his eyes and he would have mistaken him for being sleep if he hadn't been standing up and making a small sound.

"Uncle Remus, I'm okay," the little Gryffindor replied as he looked up at the man he had come to love and respect.

 He was so confused, what had he seen? Was that a memory or something in his future? He swallowed thickly as he let go of the duvet cover and pulled away from the bed and back to Harry. He didn't understand what was going on and he didn't like it.

Remus was watching the child curiously, feeling a bit like the boy lied to him but they weren't at the manor so he couldn't go into depth with the boy like he wanted too. He would bring it up later and simply made his way back to Harry where Neville was currently standing now. Leading them both towards the bed where the curtains had been removed to find Sirius sitting on the side of the bed watching them come forward silently.

"I'd recognize that mop of hair any day," Sirius breathed out as he drank in the sight of the little boy he knew to be his godson in.

He had felt elated with Moony had let him in on the fact that due to a potion's mishap his godson had been de-aged. He had missed this part of the boy's childhood due to his own impulsiveness and though he loathed Snape with every fiber of his being he would behave. Because he didn't want to mess up this second chance and he knew that the Slytherin had all of the power when it came to Harry.

It should have been him, but him and his stupidity he had lost that right and now another had it. He shook the emotions away as he focused on Harry, his eyes flickering over to the silent child next to the boy. He could see Alice all over the mannerisms of this child, but his face was all Frank. He was so very confident to be so young and he cocked his head as he got a good look at him. The child's eyes were brimming with intelligence that nearly took his breath away, as that wasn't what he had expected to see. Clearly there was more to this child then what meets the eye.c

Neville allowed the man to take them both in, aware that when their eyes met, this man knew something was different of him. That was interesting, no one ever caught on to his ability before. And speaking of which he cocked his own head to look at the man in disbelief.

"You'we a doggy," Neville breathed out slowly, his eyes widening comically as he turned to look at his Uncle Remus for confirmation but found that the man was grinning but still had his eyes on this new man.

"Remus," Sirius said questioningly as he carefully turned away from those piercing sea-green eyes of the child to look at his best friend. "What is going on?"

"He's an empath," Remus said with a casual shrug and an air of what can you do. He made to answer it a bit more when he found himself interrupted and he stopped to listen.

"He's a doggie?" Harry asked softly, the first words he had spoken since they had been in the infirmary. He didn't know why he felt so nervous now when just five minutes ago he had been brimming with excitement to see him.

"I can turn into one yes," Sirius said latching onto that small question eagerly before either Neville or Remus could answer it for him. "Would you like to see?"

Harry nodded excitedly as he turned his full attention on him. He wasn't sure just how he was expecting the man to turn into a doggie as the magical world was still so new to him. His mouth dropped open in astonishment however when the man seemingly shimmered into his dog form. Harry clapped happily and giggled childishly, instinctively drawn to the animal before he could think about it.

He made his way to the dog and gently reach a hand to pet the fur, when he was suddenly overcome with an urge to bury his face into the fur. He did, and hugged the animal as tight as he could, his eyes welling with tears involuntarily as he caught a whiff of something he hadn't smelled in a very long time.

"Padfoot," the tiny tot breathed out tearfully as he held tightly to the dog.

Remus found himself with a lump in his throat and suddenly it seemed hard to swallow and he turned away to look out the window to see the snow coming down. He hadn't told Harry that name and when he had said it, he had never explained what he meant. How had the child known?

Sirius for his part was floored and at the toddler's admission of his animagus name he transformed a moment later, hugging the child tightly to his chest. "I'm so sorry Harry, I never should have left you," he muttered into the child's hair.

Neville swallowed thickly at the reunion and found himself taking an involuntary step back. The emotions were heavy in here and it was making his heart ache. He couldn't remember a time when someone had loved him so fiercely as Sirius loved Harry. He shook his head suddenly, he couldn't be here, intruding on this personal moment.

This wasn't his family, he was alone in this world. The family that he had, he would never be a good enough boy for. He quietly back up, not wanting to attract attention to himself, he didn't want to ruin this for Harry or for Sirius. He just couldn't stand by and watch it and be second best all over again. He blew out a harsh breath and stood up on his tippy toes to open the door.

"Don't you make one more move, Neville Franklin Longbottom," Sirius called out as he adjusted Harry to his side so he could see the other boy.

He hadn't been that far gone in his emotions not to hear that small intake of breath. The sound was filled with so much hurt that he didn't need to be an empath to figure it out. No one could blame him for getting caught up with Harry, but Neville was family too. And he didn't want him thinking that he didn't have love for him too, they had to stick together.

Neville stood stiff as a board in front of the door, he had nearly gotten away but Sirius had caught him. He wasn't sure what his punishment would be but he would take it with no sound. After all, nothing else could hurt as worse as Harry realizing that his remaining relatives cherished him. What he wouldn't give just to have someone like that?

"Sir?" The little boy asked softly.

"Oi Moony! It's fine, here hold Harry," Sirius asked as he handed off Harry to his friend and hurried to were Neville was. "Where were you going kiddo?"

"I was give you and Hawwy space," Neville said truthfully at this point in time he had nothing to lose.

"We don't need space, least of all from you kiddo," Sirius said gently.

Neville sighed softly, wondering if Sirius was going to offer himself up like Severus had done. How pathetic must he be?

"Did you know that if something ever happened to your mommy and daddy and your godparents, you were supposed to go to me before your Grandmother?" Sirius asked softly as he bent down to pick up the child.

Neville squinted in confusion as he looked at the man's gray eyes, looking for some sort of trick or joke. He didn't understand and he stated as such. "What do you mean?"

"I was good friends with your parent's kiddo, and I'm actually related to you as well," Sirius said with a smile.

"What's your name? Your whole name?" Neville breathed out softly, unsure if this was true. But he had often studied his family history to see if he had any other relatives out there who might want him. On the days where he felt like he might just die if he stayed with his gran and Uncle any longer.

"Sirius Black, Lord of the Most Ancient and Noble house of Black," Sirius stated formally.

Neville's mouth gaped open in disbelief yet again and he hugged the man tightly. He was family! "Why didn't you come for us?" He asked softly.

"I made an awful mistake and until recently everyone thought I was guilty for a crime I didn't do," Sirius answered truthfully.

"But now you're fwee," Neville reminded him softly.

"I am," Sirius said with a sad smile.

"Can I live wiff you?" Neville blurted out before he could help himself.

Sirius gave a sad smile wanting more than anything to say yes, but knowing he truthfully didn't know the answer to that. And he couldn't answer it without ending up hurting the child and he turned to Moony for help.

"Boys, if we don't head down to the Great Hall Draco is going to think you don't want your Christmas presents and he might take them for him," Remus interjected smoothly.

Harry responded like the man wanted him too in obvious worry and he gently bounced the child on his hip as they headed out of the infirmary.

Neville narrowed his eyes, before he bit his lip harshly as Sirius hurried after Remus with him in his arms. The man hadn't verbally answered and he knew from his emotions that despite the man being family to him, family clearly meant nothing to him. He didn't want him; no one ever truly did. He swallowed tightly pushing those emotions away, after all this was Christmas and there wasn't a time to be sad.

~*~*~*Great Hall~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Severus checked the time for what felt like the tenth time in about five minutes, but nothing had truly changed and Harry and Remus and Neville still weren't here yet. He couldn't stop the tendril of fear that appeared in his heart at the thought of Sirius just taking Harry and running. To try to distract the thoughts he turned to look at his godson who was being unusually quiet especially given how close they were the presents under the tree.

"Are you alright Dragon?" He asked in concern.

"I fine Uncle Sebbus, I just finking," Draco replied honestly, as he gently rubbed his hand down the soft red feather in his hand.

Severus turned to look at the Headmaster in surprise and a bit of confusion. "Is that Fawkes's feather?" He asked in disbelief.

"It is, he gifted it to Draco, after singing to him. He's very troubled Severus, he thinks that Neville and Harry will never forgive him," Albus answered honestly.

"If they aren't made up by the time we leave I'll set them all down and we can all talk about it," Severus said before he preformed the tempus charm again. He swallowed thickly, his wand tightly in his hand before he turned to look at Albus yet again.

"They are coming as we speak, there is no need to fret Severus," Albus replied soothingly as he caught the look on the man's face.

Severus relaxed then knowing how in-tuned Albus was with the castle, so he could breathe just a bit easily. He would relax more if Harry was in his sight, or his arms if he was being honest. He really needed to curb this over protective nature he had, he hoped it was just a side effect of the boy being this small and waif like.

He knew Harry himself would be very annoyed when he was aged up and he was this protective, despite the vow he had made. He shook the conflicting thoughts away as he still had the thought of Harry rejecting him, and he had no idea how he would come back from that. He was distracted from his thoughts when he heard a small high pitched voice that he had come to associate to little boys who were so very excited.

He blanked his face so the snarl that tried to come through didn't, he didn't want to frighten the children. He took a breath watching intently as Remus and Harry appeared first and then Neville and Sirius after.

"Daddy!" Harry called out excitedly as he wiggled in his Uncle's arms to get free.

Severus didn't smile like he would have had he not been in the company of Black, he didn't want that man anywhere near them but he had promised Harry and Remus. He bent down and held out his arms as the child came running to him.

"Hi hi!" Harry giggled out softly.

"Hi Harry, did you have a nice time meeting your godfather?" Severus asked carefully.

"Yes I wike him awot, and guess what else daddy?" Harry said his eyes brimming in mischief.

"What?" Severus asked curiously wondering just what Black may or may not have told the child.

"My godfather is so coow, he can change into a doggie," Harry said proudly.

Severus's eyes flicked up to Black's then, his mind calculating quickly as thought that over before he turned back to Harry. "That's nice, but try to keep that a secret okay?" He said knowing when they needed it, that secret could end up saving Harry's life.

Harry nodded solemnly not sure why he had to keep it a secret but he didn't question his daddy. He beamed up at the man before he took a seat right next to Draco on the floor.

"Pwetty feather," Harry remarked softly.

Draco turned to look at Harry slowly, before he held the feather out to him. "You can have it Hawwy if you want, if....if it means you fowgive me," he told the boy sadly.

Harry scratched his chin like he had seen his daddy do when he was thinking before he shook his head. "No fanks," he decided, not reaching out to take the feather.

Draco's face fell and the feather fell to the floor before he buried his face into his knees and started to cry.

Harry was horrified and shook the boy before the adults intervened, he so didn't want to get in trouble on Christmas. "Dat's you'we pwetty feather Dwaco, I don't wanna take dat fwom you," he told the boy honestly. "Why you cwying?"

"Cause Hawwy don't fowgive me," Draco wailed out, attracting the attention of the rest of the men.

"Hawwy fowgive you Dwaco, I just don't want youw feather. I only want to touch it," Harry told his brow furrowed in confusion as he looked at Neville and shrugged.

Neville pulled away from Sirius and ran over to his friends, his hands reaching to touch both Draco and Harry to let them know everything was okay. He didn't get a chance to say as such as he felt himself gasp as he was yanked into what he felt might be a memory but he didn't know how it could be. They were only five after all.

*Flashback*

"'You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team?' said Malfoy a few minutes later, as Snape awarded Hufflepuff another penalty for no reason at all. 'It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money - you should be on the team, Longbottom, you've got no brains.

Neville turned away in shame, he hated when people thought him stupid, he was anything but.

"'I do feel sorry,' said Draco Malfoy, one Potions class, 'for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home.'

Draco Malfoy,' Harry explained. 'He hates me,"

'You fainted, Potter? Is Longbottom telling the truth? You actually fainted!'

Neville didn't understand what these were, why was Draco so mean in them? He was nothing like that, he was a bit spoiled but he never truly hurt them. He blinked hard, and found himself back in the present, Severus looking at him with a curious expression on his face. When did he get on the floor?

*End flashback*

Severus bent down so he could look the child in the eye, trying to find out what just happened. Albus had sorted out Harry and Draco and they were happily tearing into their presents while he watched Neville.

"What did you see?" He asked softly, for there was no doubt in his mind the child was witnessing something.

Neville swallowed thickly as he stared into those dark eyes as he found himself picked up and comforted. He opened his mouth to speak about it, when he felt it again, why was this happening to him now? What was going on? It had to be the castle itself because this never happened when he was at the manor.

*Flashback*

"Orange, Longbottom,' said Snape, ladling some up and allowing it to splash into the cauldron, so that everyone could see. 'Orange. Tell me, boy, does anything penetrate that thick skull of yours? Didn't you hear me say, quite clearly, that only one rat spleen was needed? Didn't I state plainly that a dash of leech juice would suffice? What do I have to do to make you understand, Longbottom?'

Neville was pink and trembling. He looked as though he was on the verge of tears. But Snape just kept going.

"Longbottom, at the end of this lesson we will feed a few drops of this potion to your toad and see what happens. Perhaps that will encourage you to do it properly," Snape moved away, leaving Neville breathless with fear.

Neville had never felt so low then he did in that moment, he could read in between the lines, the man clearly thought him both stupid and worthless, just like everyone else. Why did it matter that one more person thought this of him? Why did it suddenly hurt?

*End Flashback*

Neville couldn't help it, he flinched back from the man and due to the fact that the potion's master was holding him he nearly topped out of his grasp but Severus caught him.

"What has got you so out of sorts little one?" Severus asked in confusion, his eyes flicking up to Remus and then Black before they moved back to the child.

Neville shook his head quickly, ignoring the stinging in his eyes, as he looked back up at the man in those dark expressive eyes. Severus had never spoken cold to him before, so what exactly was he seeing? He was older in these, were they visions? He was so confused and he wanted them to stop, he didn't want to be special anymore.

 Could he trust Severus, he felt it in his heart he could, but what if they turned out to be true. What was he going to do? Maybe he would tell him later on tonight when Christmas was over so he wouldn't ruin anything, just in case it turned out to be true. He swallowed thickly as he placed his hand on the man's cheek.

"When we get home," Neville whispered out softly, hoping the man understood what he was saying.

Severus nodded slowly, even if something in him was dreading it he knew whatever it was it would change things and he hoped they would be ready. He shook the thought away before he set the child down and watched them open presents. Not even Black being here had ruined it and he turned to grasp Remus's hand with his own tightly.

"Thank you," he said firmly knowing that whatever happened, whatever the child had to tell him, he wouldn't be alone in this.

Albus glanced around at the scene, feeling giddier then he had felt in a long time, perhaps it would seem true that more than the boys would get a Christmas to remember.

 

The End.
Chapter 16 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Things are coming full circle, and I'm sorry there isn't a lot of Severus and Harry Love here, this was Neville's chapter. Anywho the story is winding down, hope yall enjoyed this.

Severus strayed far away from Black, choosing to keep silent and not speak with him, he still blamed the man a bit for Lily's death. Though now that Albus had told him the truth, he knew it was Pettigrew's fault and he unlike Neville's Uncle had already received the kiss. They didn't want to take any chances with him, given how slippery his rat form had been, and if he hadn't of been a spy for the Dark Lord he would have made a great double agent.  

But that man was a coward and he wouldn't spend the rest of the day even thinking of him, because this was a special day. He allowed a small smile to grace his face as he watched Harry play with Neville and Draco; appreciating the fact that Albus was snapping so many pictures of them. He didn't ever want to forget this, even as the potion set heavy in his pocket. He had the cure now, what was he honestly waiting for? He turned to look at Black who was laying on the floor with the boys, watching the man in confusion.

Black was actually treating Draco the same as he did the other two boys. And he didn't understand that, he would have assumed that Black would hate anyone from a Dark family, or a Slytherin in general. He didn't understand the man, maybe he would get a chance to speak with Remus later on. Especially regarding what on earth Neville might have seen. Severus didn't want to admit it, but when the child had flinched away from him he had felt a little bit of dread in his heart.

To think he had constantly belittled that child, made him feel so worthless, he was so ashamed of himself. He knew that he had blamed Neville Longbottom in a way for Lily's death, as irrational as it was. He was after all the other prophecy child, and if the Dark Lord had of targeted Neville instead, Lily would still be alive, though maybe her and James would be insane.

Would that have truly been better? He knew in his heart it would be even worse for Harry, and he knew also that once the children were aged up he would be apologizing to both of the boys for how he treated them. How could he treat children that way? He was no better than his father, verbal abuse still hurt, it was a wonder they didn't turn from the light side.

 It would seem like Albus favored their Potion's Master over their own words. They had both been so very wrong and so biased, how could ever think any of that was okay? Shaking that line of thought away, he blinked his eyes tightly to push them behind his mental walls, opening them to find other pairs of eyes on him.

"Are you alright Severus?" Remus asked quietly, he had been watching the man for the past few minutes and he looked like he was fighting a few mental demons..

Severus nodded silently. "Just a moment of self-reflection is all," he said in a subdued tone, as he wondered if they would ever forgive him?

"That didn't seem like any self-reflection I've ever seen, it looked akin to self-hatred. And from my understanding you have done a lot for these three boys in the 2 weeks that you've had them and I'm not sure how you can have any self-hatred from that. They are very well adjusted, you did a damn good job," Sirius replied slowly, wondering how the man would reply to that.

Sirius was feeling some kind of way, the Slytherin hadn't even spoken to him when he had entered the Great Hall. He hadn't sneered or snarled or even looked at him. It was a very surreal experience and he knew from speaking to his mind healer that he owed that man an apology. They had treated him so awful in school, and though he gave it as good as he got it, they were the instigators in all of it.

They had all acted like bullies, and wondered why in the world did Albus allow that? It was wrong on so many different levels. How on earth did he think making fun of someone's threadbare clothes okay? Remus being the creature he was, was far from rich and he would kill whoever it was who made fun of his mate for something out of his control. Why had he and James thought it was okay? Why hadn't anyone told them any better?

Severus's expressive dark eyes shuttered, as they unwillingly settled on the man who had constantly tormented him in his youth. Had Black just given him a compliment, on his parenting skills on the children no less? He turned to look at Remus who was studiously avoiding his gaze and choosing to look at the children. He was so tired of fighting but he knew if nobody else Neville would pick up on the tension and wonder about it and he was trying to turn over a new leaf for their sake as it was. So he clearly had to answer the man.

"There are things I did in the past  to them that are just awful, things I should have never gotten away with. This I regret," Severus replied cordially.

Sirius nodded slowly, he could understand regret. "I know you won't believe me when I say this, but I am so very sorry for how we treated you back in school. You didn't deserve any of that," he found himself blurting out.

Severus swallowed thickly, his mental walls coming up a moment later before he turned to pick up the small toy broom. "Come here Neville," he requested knowing that the 13-year-old him was terrified of flying but 5-year-old him wasn't and he wanted to take away as many fears as he could.

Severus knew was he was doing was technically rude but he couldn't accept the man's apology, not yet, his hurt was still raw and he couldn't make himself forgive the man. He didn't know if he ever could.

Sirius wasn't surprised, but he had seen the confusion and disbelief in the man's eyes before they had clouded over to neutral. He would just need to keep on it, and he would have plenty of time as he was going to be in Harry's life. His thoughts flickered back to the infirmary to where Neville had asked to live with him, and he wondered if he could.

His mind healer had said that he was progressing rapidly, and that the potions were healing his mind. He didn't feel as impulsive or rash, maybe it was curing a bit of the insanity of the Blacks. Whatever it was, he was grateful for it. As soon as the boys left he would be talking to Albus about his affairs, He had a lot of things he needed to do.

~*~*~*~A few hours later*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After the presents had all be opened, Severus had suggested taking a walk by the lake, knowing the squid might be out and knowing the little boys might like to see that. After making sure that potty breaks had been had and that each little boy was in his own snowsuit with a hat on their head, he deemed them fit for outside.

 He ignored the teasing laughter from his companions at his over protective nature but he didn't want any of the boys getting sick. They started off carrying the boys out before Severus realized the children would never tire themselves out this way. After making sure the boys were charmed with the spell that tugged them back to their adult if they went too far, Severus allowed himself to relax.

He disregard Black especially as his eyes sought out the tree he liked to hide against in his school days. He turned away before a memory could threatened to overwhelm before he looked down at a tugging on his cloak.

"What is it Draco?" Severus asked curiously, wondering why his godson was so close to him all of a sudden. Usually the child preferred Albus.

"C'n we skate on da water?" Draco asked hopefully.

Albus looked up then and turned to look at the lake, it was frozen solid but he knew that it was bound to have a few thin spots and immediately pulled out his wand to cast a freezing charm over it, just to be safe. He really didn't want anyone falling in.

Neville was smiling brightly as he watched his Grandpa do some cool magic and he turned to look at Sirius with a bright smile. "Awe you gonna skate with us?"

"Sure am, I bet you're a great skater," Sirius said cheerfully as he looked at the tiny tot.

"I am weally good," Neville said happily before he reached up to the man eagerly.

Sirius picked him up immediately and cuddled him. "What's up?"

"I bet you I can beat you in a wace," Neville said confidently.

Sirius's eyes shined with mirth as he gently bopped the child's nose. "Wanna bet?"

"Yes! A chocowate fwog if I win," Neville said before looking at the man with a sly expression on his face. "And don't fowget it's wong to beat a 5 year old in a wace and gwoat about it," he said with a serious expression.

Sirius's stood with his mouth gaped opened for a moment before he pulled his head back and laughed heartily. "We will make a marauder out of you yet Neville. That was very Slytherin of you," he said with amusement.

"I twy," the little boy giggled out.

Sirius turned around with a child and relished in listening to him giggle, his own heart warming as he gave the child an Eskimo kiss, before he peppered his face in kisses.

"Neville I need to tell you something," he said lightly.

"What?" Neville asked breathlessly, he loved getting affection and tickles.

"I love you kid, and just because I couldn't give you a definite answer back in the infirmary doesn't mean I didn't want to say yes. I want you for you, not as a replacement for Harry or because someone is forcing me too. No one is in control of my actions, I want you Neville and I'm going to do my damn hardest to get you. I just need to get better before that happens," he whispered to the child quietly.

Neville wasn't expecting that, but his own tummy warmed at the man's words not to mention he could feel the truth in the man's emotions. If love was just enough he knew that Sirius would take him now, but it didn't matter the man wanted him. Sirius loved him fiercely just as much as he did Harry.

"I would wike that vewy much," Neville said suddenly shy.

"I'm planning on running it by Albus tonight, don't tell anyone yet kiddo," Sirius told him softly. He didn't want the child to be disappointed if this didn't go through.

"I won't but I fink you have a good chance, I want you and you want me. And Uncle Remus wants the both of us," he giggled out.

"Oh yeah? Then we better no disappoint him," Sirius laughed before he tickled the child again.

Though no one was currently paying them any attention as they all seemed to be getting ready for the ice skating on the lake.

Harry was looking at the frozen pond with a bit of fear, he wasn't afraid of the water no he knew it was safe now. He had just never skated and he didn't want to get left behind if they decided since he didn't know he couldn't do it.

Remus was transfiguring the children's shoes into ice skates, watching as Severus transfigured helmets on the tops of their head. He noted that even Sirius didn't have a remark to say to that, as they all seem to be of the same mind, to make sure the boys stayed safe.

"Daddy I can't skate," Harry stated miserably, as he took a seat on the snow.

"I will help you," Severus said easily as he reached out a hand for the boy to take. Severus was very surprised to see that Black hadn't made any type of noise when the child had addressed him as his father. Even Remus had a bit of trouble in the beginning. Since when was Black an Enigma, had Azkaban really changed the man so much? Transfiguring his own shoes, he carefully skated out on the ice, making sure the child's gloved hand was securely in his own.

~*~*~*Boxing Day~*~*~*

The day after Christmas found the occupants of the manor having a bit of a lie in after the excitement of the day before. Well most of them were, Albus had received a message from Fawkes late last night and had left a message to his two companions that he would be seeing them at lunch.

Apparently, one of Neville's solicitors over their case regarding the abuse that the child had suffered at the hands of his Uncle and the verbal abuse at the hands of his grandmother noted that the woman herself was demanding to see her grandson. And since it was just passed the Holidays, Albus was all for second chances and he wanted to speak with her to see where her head was.

 Which is why he currently wasn't at the manor with the boys like he would have been. He was in his office, speaking to his solicitor and to her. He knew that Severus would never agree to let Neville see her at Hogwarts especially after some of the strange things that happened here yesterday and he knew the only option was the manor.

He risked the chance of Severus saying no, but his solicitor was also saying that if she herself didn't see the boy with her own two eyes, she would counter with an abuse claim of her own. So honestly they truly had no choice, he didn't want this to get dragged on or someone sticking their noses in where they didn't belong. His hands were truly tied and as long as they supervised he saw no outer flaw with that plan.

He did however have the decency to let the man know he was bringing a guest with his Patronus charm. He stood up with a sigh, it was nearly noon now, he had spent the last few hours working out some type of visitation plan with the woman. Severus didn't currently have guardianship of Neville; he did but if everything went according to plan he wouldn't for too much longer. Someone else had applied for guardianship for the child and Albus thought it was fantastic for the both of them.

~*~*~Back at the Manor~*~*

"Severus have you seen Albus? He's not in his room and the boys are getting worried as he didn't even leave a note," Remus said seriously as he made his way to his friend's side.

"I'm not sure," Severus started before freezing as they both stopped to look at the Patronus of the Phoenix that he knew could be no one but Albus's.

"I'm bringing over a guest now, I have no choice in the matter. But I will explain when I get there," Albus's voice resounded out of it.

Remus frowned as the Patronus faded before he sighed. "I'll go make sure the boys are presentable. I wonder who he is bringing," he murmured out loud.

Severus conjured his own Patronus as well as his own message. "I don't care, as long as it's not Black," he said before he sent it to the old man.

Remus frowned as he looked at his new friend. "Sirius wasn't bad yesterday," he pointed out slowly.

Severus gave him a dry look. "Do you honestly think that one day can change years' worth of loathing I have for that man?" He pointed out.

"You changed for me," Remus reminded him fondly.

"I never hated you, I was afraid of you. There is a difference," Severus said neutrally.

Remus swallowed thickly not sure he really wanted to hear the answer but feeling like he had to say it now or he would never know. "And are you still afraid of me now?"

"No, I can't say that I am," Severus said with a smile, reassuring the man that everything was okay between them. "Come on, we need to be prepared,"

~*~*Headmaster's Office~*~*~*~

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Augusta asked impatiently.

Albus frowned but was saved from replying to her as Severus's Patronus appeared in front of him. The man stated that it was fine, but the guest whoever it was couldn't stay for long as it was nearing the boy's nap time. And that the man hoped like hell it wasn't Black.

The old man had to give a chuckle at that, as Sirius wasn't even at Hogwarts at the moment. The man had gone to Diagon Alley to settle some affairs with Gringotts after the Prophet had broken the news about the Ministry's error regarding his lack of trial and his innocence. Albus only hoped that everything would work out the way it was supposed to.

"We must floo together, his manor is warded very heavily and he will not key you in. Not after what you have done," Albus told her bluntly.

Augusta looked ashamed for a moment before she caught herself. "It's improper but I guess it will have to do,"

Albus headed to the fireplace, and held a hand out to her, he would forever be a gentleman when it came down to it. Making sure he had her securely he tossed down the floo powder and shouted out his destination. "Prince Manor, Sitting room!" He knew the magic would wash over him so he had no need for a passcode not when his magical signature would be allowed in.

Severus was standing as was Remus behind the three little boys who were obediently sitting on the sofa facing the fireplace. He watched as the man's bright yellow robe appeared, his mind laughing in amusement. "Who did you bring?"

Albus didn't get a chance to answer as Augusta landed gracefully next to him, the woman's sharp eyes falling on the three tiny children before giving a gasp. What in the world had happened?

"No!" Neville screamed out when his Grandmother's face had come into focus. He stood up from the couch and backed away fearfully. He was never going back there again, Severus had promised.

"Albus why did you bring her here?" Severus asked dangerously, coming to stand in front of the boys as he glared at the old woman across the way.

"She threatened to counter with her own abuse charges since she hadn't seen or heard from her grandson in 2 weeks. My solicitor stated that even with her tarnished reputation she still had some supporters in the ministry. I've no doubt we would have won but it would have a been a major headache," Albus explained.

"What happened to him? Why is he that age? Why are they all that age?" Augusta demanded of the men as she took a step closer to the boys. This is not what she expected, she had expected her meek 13-year-old grandson, who feared and respected her not this one. She had remembered his younger years with a bit of fondness and exasperation. This child wasn't scared of her, at least not as much as he was now.

Neville was having none of it, he was not going to let her hurt him anymore. He had Severus and he had new brothers and he had Sirius. Sirius who he knew would protect him from her and he would do the same to make sure that nobody touched his family. He unconsciously put both his palms up in the universal gesture for stop, but he wasn't warning her. He was so tired of everything, how she treated him and how she let Uncle Algie hurt him, there would be no more pain on his end.

"Get away from me!" He screamed out before unleashing a torrent of magic, aimed straight for her.

 He watched impassively as it knocked her straight into the wall. The little boy breathed heavily as he looked at her angrily. "I'm not going back there, to hell with you Gwan!" He shouted out before he turned and ran out of the room.

Neville knew he was going to be in big trouble, he had gone and swore, and he knew Severus didn't want them saying any bad words. He wasn't sure why Grandpa Albus brought her here, but he knew one thing if the old man tried to make him leave he would blast him with his magic too. It wasn't accidental it was deliberate but he knew they wouldn't see it as such and he was okay with that.

Severus was staring at the unconscious woman with a look of disbelief and air of amusement surrounding him. Oh how he wanted to laugh but Draco and Harry were still here and he didn't want to open up a can of worms there. His manor was big and though he knew he would find the child wherever he ended up hiding he would prefer them all together. He didn't put it past the woman to try to port key out of here with one of them.

"Boys, go find Neville. Make sure he knows that it's okay, and that I'm not mad at him. I'll come find you when she's gone," Severus stated calmly.

Harry nodded quickly grabbing Draco who was frowning at the mean lady on the ground before they hurried to find their friend.

Remus spelled the selective privacy charm around them as the boys left and turned to look at Albus with unreadable eyes. "You could have warned us," he stated in a dry tone that sounded so much like Severus it was uncanny.

"I literally had no time," Albus said apologetically.

"Get her out of my manor, this is going to set him back so far," Severus said tiredly.

"Did you see his accidental magic flare up? He was terrified," Remus pointed out.

"I did, I hope he can forgive me. I had no intention of letting her take him, believe me. Neville needs no more heart ache," Albus replied before he turned to revive the woman.

Augusta allowed herself to be helped up, looking around widely for the boys. "What happened?"

"Neville's accidental magic reacted against your presence and it knocked you into the wall," Albus explained bluntly.

"His magic was always strong at this age, I've often wondered what happened to it," She murmured softly.

"Living in that house with you an Algie can scare anybody, and as you can see that child is the furthest thing from a squib," Severus snapped out.

"I know, I never thought he was one. I know Algie was jealous of Frank but I never knew it ran this deep. Not until the trial that is," She remarked softly as she looked at the man. "When he is aged up, I would like to speak with him,"

"If he wishes, I won't force him to see you. Look at how he reacted here," Severus pointed out.

"Yes I know, take care of him," Augusta stated before she turned and flooed out the manor without a second glance. She had a lot to think about. Never in all her life had she seen such a terrified look from her grandson's face, and directed at her no less. Oh Merlin, if Frank was sane he would kill her himself for what she had done to his child. Her own blood, she hoped that in time he would forgive her.

"The boys went to find Neville, I've no doubt they will  find him themselves. So  let's give them a few minutes to talk this out amongst themselves. Did you bring the papers Albus?" Severus asked, he had been wary about taking custody of Neville too because he wasn't sure he was what the child truly needed.

But Severus would be damned before he allowed that woman to take the custody of the child yet again if no guardian was found. He knew it could happen, their society wasn't perfect, look at how all the abuse had slipped through their fingers as it was.

"What papers?" Remus asked curiously.

"Adoption papers, but there is no need to fret Severus, I have taken over the guardianship of Neville and I think with Remus's help we will be exactly what he needs," Albus replied with a secret smile.

Severus was watching the old man with a suspicious look on his face, as he chanced a look at Remus who seemed surprised to hear the old man's words as well. "What are you up too?"

Albus just smiled. "Nothing at all, I need to go see my boys and let them know that I was never going to let her take any of them," he said before he skipped out of the room before the men could question him some more.

Severus turned to Remus. "What do you know?"

"I have no idea what the hell is going on," Remus said with a shake of his head. "I'm sure Albus will inform us in due time,"

"I'm sure he will, but if you haven't noticed Remus, I am not a patient person," Severus chuckled.

"Oh believe me Severus I have noticed," Remus laughed in return.

~*~*3am the next morning~*~*~*~*~*

*Dream Sequence*

Neville wasn't sure where he was, only that he was back at Hogwarts. When had they returned here? He found himself listlessly roaming around the school not sure what he was looking for or where he was even going. He startled slightly as he saw someone who looked like him, only this boy was older. This was the same boy he had saw when they had spent Christmas at Hogwarts. Someone named Ron, had called him Neville, so this must be him, but when he was older.

What was going on? He followed after himself, trying to understand what was going and not lose sight of himself. He found himself in the defense classroom, and he looked around it eagerly taking it all in. He could see Uncle Severus and Uncle Remus talking as he stood by Harry. His eyes stung however as he caught the start of their conversation.

"Possibly no one's warned you, Lupin, but this class contains Neville Longbottom. I would advise you not to entrust him with anything difficult. Not unless Miss Granger is hissing instructions in his ear," Severus had told to Professor Lupin. Didn't the man know that he could hear him? Did he care?

He had to get away from this, since when Uncle Severus so mean to him? He turned to get run away and found himself caught up in another memory.

Neville had dropped a book out of his bag in the corridor after coming out of the great hall. He turned the corner to find his Professors talking, and saw his book in Professor's Lupin's hand. He moved to call out to the man when he suddenly heard Professor Snape's voice and he froze, not wanting the man to see him.

"What have you got there Remus?" Minerva asked curiously as she looked at her companion.

"Someone's dropped their potion's book," Remus replied as he opened it to see which name was in it.

"That's Longbottom's'," Severus muttered out a grimace gracing his face a moment later.

"How do you know that?" Remus asked curiously.

"Can't you see how stained and out of sorts it is? Not to mention see how stiff the pages are, it's like he spends no time opening it outside of my class," Severus said with a frown.

"You're too hard on the poor boy," Pomona had stated.

"You're not hard enough on him, he's one of the worst dunderheads I've ever had the unfortunate pleasure to teach. I will celebrate the day when he no longer takes potions," Severus replied honestly.

"Oh Severus you don't mean that, while he's a bit rough around the edges, Neville is a sweet boy," Minerva said with a frown on her face.

"The child is a bloody menace, I loathe him more than Potter most days, and that is saying something. I have no idea how he made it into Gryffindor, I have never seen a more cowardly person, other than Pettigrew of course. And I'm not sure between the two of them who was the worse," Severus said before he turned and headed into the staff room, Albus had arrived.

Neville gasped softly at his potion master's harsh words, he had known the man didn't like him but this was too much. Tears unwillingly came to his eyes and he turned and ran back the way he came. He never saw the sharp eyes of his Defense Professor looking after him, never knowing that the man had indeed saw him. He didn't care, he just needed to get away, he hated school, he wished he could just disappear. If he didn't exist anymore, would anybody even notice that he had gone?

Neville ran far from the corridor, wishing he was away from this awful place and the man's awful words. Is this what Severus truly felt about him? How hadn't he felt it, before? He turned around again and found that the Hogwarts corridor had disappeared and he found himself in a very familiar manor.

What on earth was he doing here? Severus had promised that he would never have to return here unless he himself wanted too? He swallowed thickly trying to make his way to his room before his Gran came out. He thought a bit too soon as he turned down a hallway and there she was.

"Neville, how could you do this to me? The house of Longbottom will be ruined," Augusta stated briskly.

"Gran I never said anything to anyone," Neville said softly.

"Then how did Snape and Albus find out, whatever happens in our home you know it stays here. Just wait until I get through with you; young man you have shamed the name of Longbottom," Augusta spat out before she changed and turned into his Uncle Algie.

"I'll kill you for this boy, mark my words!" The man screamed at him before he lunged at the child.

Neville could do nothing but scream in return, especially when the man picked him up and shook him viciously. "You'll regret this Neville!"

The little boy gave another scream, and in the midst of it, he called out one word. "SEVERUS!"

*Dream ending*

Severus awoke with a start, and he found himself shucking off the covers and making his way out of his bedroom and down the hall before he could even fully think of it. One of his boys had screamed for him, it didn't sound like Harry or Draco so he rationalized that it was Neville. Which was a bit out of the ordinary but given what had happened earlier that day he wasn't so surprised.

It had been a very traumatic experience, the boy's magic had actually lashed out and he had never seen that happened with this child. Neville had very good control on his accidental magic so they had all be taken back. He pushed that away in favor of rushing into their rooms, a quick glance around the dimly lit room showed Harry to be awake, looking at him with wide eyes.

 He wanted to assure the child that everything was okay, but Neville needed him more in that moment and he turned towards his bed. Spelling the small light on the dresser near the child's bed so not to disturb Draco he found himself staring into tearful sea-green eyes, of a child he had come to love so strongly.

"Did you have a nightmare?" Severus asked in a soothing tone as he bent forth to pick up the child.

Neville sniffled sadly as he involuntarily flinched away from the man he had to come to love so much. That dream had seemed so real and he didn't know what was going on. He wanted the comfort but what if this just turned out to be a cruel trick of his mind again?

"A scawy dweam," Neville whimpered out before he gave a small gasp as he became aware of something else. Something awful had happened.

Severus nodded slowly, frowning however when he heard the small gasp. "What is it, little one?"

Neville busted into tears at that, when the man had called him by his pet name, and he wanted to desperately reach forward and hug him. But he was so gross now, how had this happened? He covered his face with his hands, not wanting to see the disgust on the man's face. "I wet my bed," he whispered out harshly.

Severus breathed a sigh of relief when he found out that was the only thing that the child was worried about. He knew they would need to talk about the child's dream, but at the moment the boy needed to be comforted and cleaned up. This would be the easy bit and he would gladly take it for now.

"That's okay, it happens to everyone at one point or another in their life," Severus said easily before he bent down to pick up the child, ignoring the way the boy's body tensed at the contact but the child didn't flinch away from him. "I will never hurt you Neville, I promise you that,"

"I know," Neville repeated softly, not sure if he wanted to tell the man about his nightmare. Just like with the memories from Christmas he felt that he would mess everything up if he did, maybe he could think of something else to say. And maybe the man would give him until tomorrow, he was after all still shaken up about it.

"Come along Harry, since you're up you might as well join us," Severus said as he passed by the child's bed on the way to their bathroom. He knew he could technically use magic to clean up the boy, but he also knew that his little boy's relaxed a lot more when they had a nice warm bath and so Neville was getting one, and if Harry so chose to, him too.

The End.
Chapter 17 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
No excuses, just laziness and tiredness. It's coming full circle and I'm almost done.

~*~*~*December 28th~*~*~*~

A Couple of days after Christmas saw Severus and his companions enjoying a quiet morning as the boys played upstairs with their toys. The Slytherin's fingers twitched as he spelled a privacy ward around the room, the one that would allow them to hear the children but not the other way around. They were due for this talk now, and he wanted to get it out before he lost his nerve. He knew it was wrong to not share what he was hiding and he couldn't be selfish any longer.

"Albus, Remus I have been keeping something important from you," he started out quietly as he sipped his coffee and gazed into the fireplace so he didn't have to see the judgement in their eyes.

"Oh? I find myself keeping something of importance from you both as well," Albus said lightly. "Don't fret, we haven't the time before so it's not either of our faults," he was quick to add before Severus could try to deny it.

Remus glanced between both and frowned. "I don't have anything I'm keeping from the both of you," he said with a smile trying to lighten the mood a little.

Severus's lip twitched in amusement at the joke before he pulled out the three little vials that held the reverse potion and set them on the table in the middle of them. "I've made the cure; I've had it with me it for the last two days. I haven't wanted to administer it yet, for purely selfish reasons," he admitted quietly.

Remus frowned at the little vials before he shook his head. "I know, I've heard you. But the fact that I didn't bring it to your attention means I feel just as selfish," he sighed.

"Boys this isn't a matter of being selfish, this is a matter of allowing those three little boys up there the opportunity to have a great new year. Put the vials away Severus and lock them up. We are not giving them the potions until the day after New Year's," Albus said firmly.

"What?" Severus asked in disbelief as he looked at his mentor.

"I want them to experience an unforgettable New Year. I wasn't going to tell you this yet, but we and boys are going to visit my long-time friend Nicholas Flamel and celebrate the New Years celebration with him and his wife Penelle," he said happily.

"Harry told me that Flamel died because he destroyed the Philosophers stone in his first year. He was quite distraught earlier this year about another death on his conscience," Remus said quietly.

"That is something I do regret not telling him, but Nicholas is alive and well. Harry saved his stone and I gave it back to him. But as far as Voldemort is concerned it is destroyed," Albus said casually, knowing when the child was aged up he would make sure that nothing had happened to the old Alchemist.

"Do not do that Albus," Severus hissed out as his right hand clamped hard over his left arm in obvious pain.

"What does it do Severus?" Remus asked curiously, as he looked at Albus who had the good grace to look abashed.

"It's a stinging burn, that is the name of the Dark Lord. And his followers were beneath him and not allowed to address him as such. To do so would be mean blinding pain for the one to utter his name, and for others to do so around you, would also mean pain. I have you asked you not to do that, and you continue to ignore me. Do you like causing me pain Headmaster?" Severus asked quietly, his tone a bit more formal now.

"Of course not Severus, I just assumed you were afraid of saying his name. You never explained that it actually causes you pain when I say it," Albus said tightly before he shook his head. He could not believe that all this time he was causing one of his confidant's pain, just by a mention of a name.

"I don't want to give anyone that power to hold over me. If you say it long enough I'm sure there are debilitating consequences. Albus just, try to refrain from doing it in the future, at least in my presence," Severus finished lightly.

Albus nodded silently before he resumed talking.  "I also have something of importance to tell you regarding the Durselys and Augusta."

"Tell me about Longbottom first, I need to reassure Neville that he is in no way going back to her house unless he specifically chooses too," he said quietly.

"Neville has already been adopted, Augusta is aware of that and though it pains her she knows it's for the best," he explained quickly.

"Adopted by who?" Severus asked suspiciously, as this was all so soon and new to him now.

"That remains to be seen Severus as I am not able to tell you now. I must tell Neville first when he is back to his normal age," Albus told him seriously.

Severus nodded, he could understand that but he was wary about putting his faith in Albus again. Looked at what had happened before? "Is that all concerning Neville?"

"Not exactly Severus, Augusta seems to think that it would be beneficial for Neville to visit his parents in St. Mungos while he is still this age. She says she remembers him giving his father a moment of clarity due to his ability, but it hasn't happened since then. We assume that would be because of Algernon's influence, that the child buried the ability deep down it was like he had forgotten it," Albus said sadly.

"Fear has a way of doing that Albus, it was clear he knew it was the only way to protect himself," Remus jumped in having been quite silent during the conversation.

"Nonetheless that will not be the case now," Severus said firmly.

"It won't be, his new guardian also has a gift that will be of use for the both of them," Albus replied cryptically. "And no I cannot tell you that either," he said knowing if not Severus then Remus most definitely would be able to figure out who it was then.

As it was Remus was looking at Albus with a look of intense concentration as it was clear he was trying to work out who it was anyway.

"And one more thing before we move to the Durselys, the Goblins are requesting a meeting with you Severus. They inform me that it's quite urgent, especially since you've taken up an heir," Albus said slyly.

Severus stared at the own man in disbelief for a moment trying to figure out what he meant. He frowned as his eyes flicked to Remus and then back to Albus. "Something to do with the Snape Vaults, and Harry I partake?"

"No, the Prince Vaults that still lay unclaimed; so far you inherited the manor and a trust vault which the ministry tried valiantly to take away from you. But there was still the matter of the family vaults, they could not touch that no matter how hard they tried.  However, your Grandfather saw to it that they could not, so you have some business there and to update your will as I said. You signed the documents stating that you would raise Harry as your own," Albus reminded him.

"Yes but Black is the child's godfather, I assumed the man would be filing for custody of Harry now. It's what he's always wanted, even Remus knows that," Severus said bitterly.

"Sirius loves Harry, but Harry loves you and chose you as his father and he knows that. Besides Sirius will soon have his own hands full, so you need not worry about him trying to take Harry from you. He will however always be that child's godfather, and I hope that you will accept that," Albus said sternly. He would not stand by if Severus tried to keep Sirius out of Harry's life. That little boy needed all the protectors he could get.

"Of course Albus," Severus said too stunned to fully take in what the man was truly trying to say.

But Remus wasn't fully lost to his thoughts and turned an incredulous expression to look at his mentor. "Sirius has adopted Neville?" He whispered out in disbelief, he had not expected that. How had he not caught that when he was with Sirius and Neville for that matter.

"Yes, the papers went through yesterday. That being said, while Neville will be his son, he has already named another Heir and doesn't plan on changing it," Albus said quietly.

"Harry is his Heir of course, has been since the day they brought Harry to Gringotts to get him fitted with a Trust Vault," Remus said quietly, this was all starting to make sense now. "I assume he's informed you of his Natural healing abilities then?"

"Yes he did, he is in the same mind of Augusta, he feels that he and Neville might be able to bring the Longbottoms to a moment of sanity if only just for a moment. He thinks that with their magic they might be able to create a potion that will help victims like them, but he's no brewer," Albus said lightly. "There was also talk about using Phoenix tears as well, especially because of how potent each tear is," he added with a smile. He knew that Fawkes would happily provide them when they needed it.

Severus's eyes lit up at the prospect that he was hearing. He had no idea that Black had such a talent nor that he and Neville had been talking about that. He was quite impressed if he did say so himself. He wanted in on this project, and he could just imagine the turn of events if they created something that would regenerate nerves and more. The possibilities were endless.

"When were you going to let Neville know about the adoption?" Severus asked quietly, still in disbelief at what he had heard regarding Black.

"I was going to let him know that everything went through today," Albus said. "Sirius and he already discussed everything. I only found out as a curtesy from Sirius himself," he added.

"Who has he named Godparents for him?" Remus asked curiously.

"You," Albus said fondly, he was the grandfather so he had no need to be the Godfather. He could spoil all his boys rotten.

"But I'm a werewolf," Remus said quietly as if they didn't already know that.

"No one cares that you are Remus, you are good man. And as Sirius is of an Old and Ancient House, there is nothing anyone can do about it," Severus said truthfully.

 

Remus swallowed thickly as he thought about the honor that Sirius had given him. "This is what you meant the other day when you said I will be around to help him," he chuckled out emotionally.

"Yes, this is what I meant," Albus replied fondly. "And because there is no woman in his life that he fully trusts to take Neville in the event that something happens to him or Remus; He has also added Severus as the 2nd Godparent," Albus said lightly.

Severus's eyebrows shot up then, his eyes flickering from both Albus and Remus as he silently took that in. "I see," was the only reply he had to offer to it. He would have to give this more thought. He was grateful that they had fall back plans for the child, but he wasn't sure he fully understood the man now.

This version of Black was so much different from the one that he grew up with and he was utterly confused. Had Azkaban Prison changed him that much? It was all so surreal, since most people often came out of the prison worse off then what they went in. How had Black beat the odds, and come out saner then he went in?

Severus cleared his throat, when it became apparent that the conversation was starting to die down. They had allowed him to process his thoughts and he was grateful for it. But now that they were done with Neville, he wanted to know what was going to happen to those awful relatives of Harry's.

"What's happening to the Durselys?" He asked quietly.

"Well at first, I wanted them tried in the wizarding court but then I was reminded they were muggles and after a talking with Kingsley who is quite knowledgeable of the muggle world we both came to a solution," Albus said with a smug expression on his face.

"What did you decide?" Remus asked tightly not up for any games especially when it came to his cub and getting the child the justice he needed.

"They are currently being tried in the muggle world for their crimes. I don't know if you know but even in the muggle world, they consider you a truly despicable person to harm a helpless child. I am assured that they will not be let off so easily. Especially since some of their muggle Aurors have already been the house. And they heard everything out of their own child's mouth," Albus said the smile gone, and is eyes hardened at the things he had read on the transcript not to mention what he had already known.

"What of the child? What is to happen to him?" Severus asked curiously. He didn't know where the boy fell on the spectrum, he didn't know if the child had actively participated in the attacks or not. Either way, he was a 13 year old child, and he wanted to know if something was going to be done to help him. Especially since both of his parents were going to be seeing the inside of a prison cell for a long time.

"I do not know yet, at first they were going to let the boy stay with his Paternal Aunt, until the child informed them of the abuse that Harry had suffered at the hands of her. He's not innocent in all of this either, from my understanding he hurt Harry as well, in fact his parents encouraged it," Albus replied softly.

"Then he will definitely not be staying here," Severus bit out immediately. For a moment, he had some compassion for the child, but that was gone and was never going to return. He knew it was the fault of the parents, but the boy was 13 years old, and he knew better.

"I agree with Severus," Remus said before the old man could open his mouth about second chances.

"Not to worry, I will find somewhere for him," Albus promised, hoping that when Harry was aged up he might want something to do with his cousin. They could not tell now, that was for sure.

"Will Harry have to testify at their trial?" Severus ask quietly.

"No, they have Poppy's medical scan and the evidence is against them. I will not put the child through something as traumatizing as a trial," Albus promised him.

"That's good, then he can continue to heal," Remus added before he took another sip of his tea.

"Now, what are we going to do about Draco?" Albus asked quietly. This is one child that kept him up at night as he tried to figure out how he was going to save him.

"How to get him out of Lucius's influence you mean?" Severus asked dryly, he had been wondering that as well.

"Yes, I think this experience will change him for the better. However Lucius could upset all of that and I do not want to lose him to the darkside," Albus said softly lest his emotions get away from him.

"I can't keep him away from his father, while I'm his godfather I have no true legal claim on him. Not unless something happens to his parents or they give me permission to take him," Severus pointed out.

"You could claim two weeks out of the summer at least for him to spend time with you. As your rite being his Godfather, he cannot deny it," Remus said seriously aware of the pureblooded laws surrounding that.

"That is true," Severus replied slowly. "But two weeks will not be enough to erase whatever it is that Lucius has filled his head with," he pointed out.

"It's better than nothing," Albus said sadly, he would think on it but now his hands were tied. Severus had spoken the truth, and he knew that Lucius Malfoy knew the laws like the back of his hand.

"I will do all that I can to save Draco from this life," Severus said quietly as he touched his dark mark briefly before he stood up. The conversation had taken a dark turn and he just wanted to go find the boys and give them all a hug.

"Shall we go find them? I have to inform Neville of the good news," Albus said trying to instill some of that earlier cheer back into his voice.

"Push those conflicting emotions behind those barriers, I have no desire to explain to Neville while we feel like someone has died," Remus chuckled out humorlessly.

"Right," Severus said knowing the man was speaking the truth. He took a breath and pushed those dark emotions back before he turned and headed out the room, dispelling the privacy ward in an instant. They had some children to comfort.

~*~*~*The Next Day~*~*~*~

The next day found Severus with a rare but cherished moment alone with the three boys. Remus had gone with Black to make sure that the choice of housing he chose was alright for him and Neville to live. He didn't want them to find any dark surprises, so Remus had gone along for the ride.

Albus had gone back to Hogwarts to speak with Minerva, Severus wasn't sure what the Headmaster had up his sleeve he just hoped that he might be able to find something they could use against Lucius as leverage. The Potion Master watched the three boys play in the snow in their snowsuits as he wished that everything didn't have to be so complicated.

He didn't like having to go behind one of his oldest friend's back, but Draco was his godson and he was important to him. He didn't want to leave the child backed into a corner with the only option out to be the dark mark. He didn't want a life of servitude of that child. He had so much potential and he wanted him to flourish and choose what he wanted to do, like the other two boys. He would fight for Draco to make that dream a reality. He shook the thoughts away before he turned back to watching the boys play.

Severus bent down to pick up some snow to make a snow ball and froze as his magic registered the wards around his floo flaring. He relaxed when he realized that the only people who could come through were those that he personally keyed in. He knew whoever it was wasn't going to harm them and so he turned back to the boys. These boys constantly got into everything and he didn't want to turn his back on them for too long.

~~*~*Floo Room~*~*~*~*~*

Lucius Malfoy looked around the empty sitting room silently before he walked through to where he knew the potion's lab was. He knew he had flooed over unexpectedly and he knew that Severus not mention Draco both loved potions, so it would make sense that he checked there first.

They bonded over the love of that and he didn't mind, his son was picking up great skills. He knocked on the door of the laboratory a few moments before realizing that they weren't down there.

"Severus? Draco? Where are you?" He called out before he turned and headed into the kitchen.

He turned to call a house elf when he saw something out of the window of the kitchen. Lucius moved closer, his eyes easily able to identify Severus and the three small children that he was with. However, he was confused, and slightly worried. What in the world was going on? He watched enthralled as his friend ran around with the boy happily, a feeling of nostalgia hitting him for a moment.

The blonde aristocrat had remembered Draco being so open and happy at this age. And he had missed it, he hadn't been sure how long, until that moment. He swallowed thickly, trying to figure out what he was going to do. He didn't know what was going on, but he would be getting to the bottom of this.

As much as Lucius wanted to run out there and hug his son, he knew he had to give it some thought. Why hadn't Severus told him? What had happened to cause them to de-age? And why did he have Longbottom and Potter? There was so many unanswered questions, but he wasn't a Slytherin for nothing.

He took a breath before he turned away from the scene in the backyard and headed back to the floo. He would send Severus a note so they could talk tonight. After all he had come to his Manor with a purpose and he had left with so many questions. Nodding to himself, the blonde Pureblood flooed back to his Manor, he had some things he needed to talk about with his wife before tonight.

~*~*~*Backyard~*~*~*~*~*

Severus turned back to gaze at his manor, before his wand fell into his hand. He didn't currently see anyone now but his instincts were screaming at him. He had felt someone's gaze on them for a moment and the fact that they didn't come out here with him had him on edge. Who had it been? There was no point to go in now and look for them, as the wards at the floo had registered yet again. He knew whoever it was had left, he would need to give another look at the book on who exactly was allowed entry into his manor. He just didn't have a good feeling about this.

 

The End.
End Notes:
How did you guys like that plot twist?
Chapter 18 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
There are a bunch of time jumps in here, they will be remembered in a flashback scene when the children age up. I felt the story was dragging so I didn't put them in.

Also there are some quotes taken directly from Harry Potter books 1-3, I don't own them obviously. They are slanted and in bold

Severus glanced at the ceiling, he could hear little feet of the boys in their play room and he was content for the moment. The playroom was childproof so they had no chance of getting hurt. And on the off chance they did, there was an elf keeping watch to alert them of any troubles. He sighed, still feeling uneasy from this morning, and he was thankful that Albus and Remus had come back.

"Did either of you come back to the manor this morning and didn't come out to see us?" Severus asked after a moment.

"No, I've been at the Castle all day looking at placements for the Dursely boy," Albus replied honestly, as he looked at his friend in confusion. What was going on?

"No, this is my first time coming back here. Did someone floo over?" Remus asked quietly, his whole body tensed at the implications of that.

 "Yes, someone was here, though I'm not sure who it was. Whoever it was didn't come out to see us. They did watch us from the kitchen window, as I felt their gaze on the back of my neck," Severus said quietly.

 "Whoever it was, clearly didn't mean anyone harm. Who is all keyed in?" Albus said slowly, knowing how Severus was about his wards.

 "You two, the boys, Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, and a few other people. Most of the people I haven't heard from them in years, and I know for a fact that the Malfoy's are on Holiday," Severus said with a quiet sigh.

 "Originally they were my first thought, sometimes Lucius comes to talk, but he usually sends me a letter. He never just drops by unannounced," Severus said before his eyes narrowed as he saw a familiar regal owl flying towards the window. He flicked his wand, to open the window to let the owl come through.

 "I think it appears that you spoke too soon," Albus said dryly. He recognized that owl from seeing it deliver items to the Draco in the Great Hall.

"This doesn't bode well for us," Remus said quietly before he turned and watched Severus open the letter.

 Severus,

I came by the manor today needing to speak with you urgently. While there, I discovered something that I had no idea was even possible. I'm not sure how I feel that my oldest friend has kept something like this from me, but Narcissa believes I should give you the benefit of the doubt so I will. I will be flooing you tonight at 5pm, it's imperative that you are there to pick up. I do not want to make an enemy out of one of my good friends. See you tonight,

Lucius

Severus read the letter impassively for a moment, his whole body tensed as he took in the almost threatening words in the letter. He blinked before he passed it to Remus to read, knowing he had no choice. Lucius had already seen, what had the man even been over here for?

"Not at all, I know that you and Remus had plans tonight but would you mind staying upstairs with the boys while he comes?" Severus asked tightly.

"Of course, I was going to do that anyway," Remus said with a dry smile. He blew out a breath, wishing they could just obliviate the knowledge from the man's mind. But even he as a Gryffindor knew that the Blonde Slytherin had things in place for such an act. They just hoped that whatever Lucius had to say wouldn't hurt any of those boys upstairs.

~*~*Line break~&~&~&&~

The Day passed by both quickly and slowly for the three men. Severus was worried about the children and was unable to hide that emotion from Neville. He had dodged many worried glances from the child, but he didn't even want to try to explain to the child what was going on. 

And before he knew it the time of reckoning was upon them; Remus and Albus quickly ushered the boys up the steps when his floo flared. He didn't spell the room, as he wanted Remus and Albus to hear the conversation. He knew they would spell the playroom accordingly so that no sound would make it's way downstairs.

"Severus may I come through?" Lucius's voice smoothly called.

"Yes," Severus replied neutrally as he snapped his fingers before informing his house elf to provide them with tea. He blew out a breath, his face blank as the man flooed over.

Lucius vanished the soot from his robes, before he took in the obvious defensive posture that Severus was currently sporting.  "Sorry about the nature of the letter, I just didn't want you putting this off," he said lightly before he took a seat.

Severus acknowledged the apology with a nod of his head before he too, took a seat, "Why didn't you just come outside to see us?"

"Because I know you, you would have stunned and obliviated me," Lucius said dryly.

Severus grimaced but he didn't deny it. "Very well, what are you hoping to get out of this?" He said quietly, he didn't want to play this game. He would much rather go upstairs and play with the boys again.

"Nothing really, I just wanted to know what happened," Lucius replied honestly.

"They were working on a shrinking solution and Neville Longbottom turned it into a de-aging one. It's quite ingenious if I do say so myself. Nonetheless, the three boys were in the closest vicinity and were hit with the potion. You said you were going on Holiday with Narcissa and I thought this would be the perfect time to strengthen my Godfather bond with Draco," Severus said truthfully.

Lucius nodded before he sighed. "I'm not angry this happened, I actually had thought Draco a lost hope at this point," he admitted.

"He's not, he's very taken with Albus," Severus interjected out slyly, wondering what the man would think of that.

"Interesting," Lucius said and it was. He could understand what the man was trying to say to him, his influence currently wasn't there and he was grateful for that now. "When will they turn back?"

"The day after New Year's," Severus replied promptly. "What brought this on Lucius? Why did you drop by unannounced yesterday?"

"I wanted to ask you what you had to do, to get out of the Dark Lord's service," Lucius said quietly.

Severus stared at the man in shock, before his face blanked over.  "What do you mean?"

"Do you take me for a fool Severus? I know you, and so does Narcissa, you were always our fall back plan if something were to happen to us. We were assured that Draco would be away and out of his influence. But I need you to help me now," Lucius said almost pleadingly.

"What has happened?" Severus asked quietly. For Lucius Malfoy to turn his back on the dark meant that Narcissa had something to do with it. Something big must have happened, had she finally threatened him with a divorce?

"Narcissa is with child, we just got back from the Healers yesterday. I'm going to have a little girl," Lucius said a rare smile gracing his face.

To say Severus was shocked was putting it lightly, but he kept the impassive look on his face anyway. "Why do you need my help in this?" He asked carefully, unsure of what the man was planning.

"I don't want my little girl to grow up with the Dark Mark hanging over her head. I don't want her to grow up in that fear, of doing the most evilness of things," Lucius admitted truthfully. He didn't want that life for his little one.

"Oh really? I find this very hypocritical of you Lucius. What about Draco? Doesn't he matter anymore? You groomed him for the Dark Lord and now you're going to leave him to his fate," Severus said bitterly as he realized exactly what the man was doing now.

Lucius gave a long sigh, seemly to slump down in his chair tiredly before he looked up at his friend. "I fear that Draco is beyond help at this point," he admitted shamefully.

"He's not, I told you earlier that Draco has inserted himself into Albus's life. They have a bond, he will be saved from the dark, believe me," Severus promised him fiercely. "I'm not sure how much he'll remember but after living with us for these past weeks he has definitely had a change in perceptions," he added.

"Good, I do not want any of my children in that life. I was so blind, why hadn't I seen?" Lucius muttered out to himself.

Severus didn't say anything, he knew Hindsight was twenty/twenty, he was just glad that the blonde man had come to his senses. "What are you going to do now?"

"Go back home and upgrade the wards on the manor," Lucius said truthfully.

"That's a good start, I'll talk to Albus and I'll get back to you," he promised. "When is she due?"

"In June," Lucius said with a smile.

"Do you think I can take Draco this summer?" Severus asked lightly.

"Of course," Lucius said seriously, he knew they were going to be devoting the majority of their time to the new baby. And he didn't want Draco around the manor until he had cleansed it of all his dark artifacts. That was not the life his son was going to be a part of any longer.

"Great, I have a few things I want to do with them," Severus said easily.

"Why do you have Longbottom and Potter?" Lucius said curiously, that had been on his mind since yesterday. He knew that as Godfather, that Severus would take Draco in an emergency but where did the others fall on that.

"Technically speaking Longbottom is now also my Godson, and Harry is my son," Severus said proudly.

"I've only been gone for two weeks, so much has happened," Lucius said ruefully, trying and failing to hide his shock.

"You have no idea," Severus said before he jumped right in and indulged the man about what he wished to know.

~*~*~*line break~*~*~*~*~*

Upstairs Remus and Albus were waiting in the hallway, listening in on the conversation in apt attention. "Well I'll be damned," Remus murmured in shock at their new information.

"I can work with this," Albus said softly, the next war would be a little bit easier, especially because they had two inner circle members now.

"Do you think he'll switch sides again, when it seems the odds are against us?" Remus asked seriously. Lucius Malfoy was a slippery Slytherin, through and through.

"He won't have a choice; and I won't leave this up to chance. The first chance we get he will make an unbreakable vow. He won't mind, especially if it means that his daughter won't have to grow up in fear for her life," Albus said knowingly.

"Good," he said before he turned back to listen. He froze however as he heard the next words of the man and he swallowed thickly as he turned to look at the Headmaster.

"Don't worry Remus, we will be down there too," Albus said joyfully before he opened the playroom door to get the boys.

~&~&~line break&~&~&~&~&

Back downstairs, Severus was still sitting in his chair, a small weight that had been placed on his chest about the future of his godson was gone. Oh, they would still have to defeat the Dark Lord, but it would be significantly easier. Lucius was his right-hand man, and he was his left. He was glad they were on the same side now. He relaxed his stiff shoulders as he drunk some more of his tea.

"May I see Draco?" Lucius asked after a moment of silence had gone by.

"Of course," he said easily, knowing he couldn't deny him. This was the man's child after all. "Just brace yourself," he warned him, his lips twitching at how the child would react.

Lucius gave him a grin in return, his gaze turned towards the door. He could hear footsteps on the stairs, as well as hear both Lupin and the Headmaster carefully walking the boys down the steps. He took a breath before he stood up, his Malfoy mask disappearing a moment later as he saw the platinum blonde hair of his child.

Draco's eyes widened comically as he looked at the man talking to his godfather. "Daddy!" He squealed out excitedly before he ran full speed at the man.

Lucius had taken Severus's words to heart and had braced himself, but the child was only five and he easily swung him up in the air, appearances be damned. He laughed at the child's squeals coming from his young son. "Hello Dragon," he cooed before he hugged the boy to his chest. He wasn't embarrassed at the others seeing him interact with his child, and when Draco was aged back up he would need to remember to keep dropping the Malfoy mask. He wanted his son's face open like it currently was.

"Uncle Sebbus didn't say you was coming! Is mummy hewe too?" Draco asked excitedly.

"No dragon it's just me, I missed you," Lucius said pulling the child slightly back to look at him.

"I missed you too Daddy!" Draco said before he laid his head contently on his father's shoulder.

"I heard you've been having a lot of fun," Lucius started knowing his son had been quite the chatterbox when he was younger. The boy could talk your ear off once he got going.

"I haff, Neville and I and Hawwy just love living wiff Uncle Sebbus," Draco said happily before he turned to look at his friends. He frowned slightly as he caught sight of Harry. The raven-haired child was hidden behind his godfather's legs, casually peeking out but it was obvious that he was wary. He knew his friend was scared and he wasn't even going to try to get him to move.

"Daddy, I don't wanna go over dere," Harry whispered out to the man.

"You don't have too Harry," Severus soothed, knowing that the sudden appearance of a new person would bring out the child's skittish nature. It just couldn't be helped at the moment.

"Neville, come meet my daddy!" Draco called out, as he turned to look at the other pureblooded boy.

Neville could feel the uneasiness of his Uncle Remus but he didn't know why that was. He gave a small smile before he moved away from the werewolf intent on saying hello to his friend's father. That was the intended plan anyway, as the moment he moved out of the vicinity of the werewolf he felt the sudden darkness and his body involuntarily froze in fear.

He stared almost unseeingly at the blonde man across the way, trying to figure out what was so different. This man was also marked in the way that Severus was, only the difference between them was despite the love the man clearly showed for his son, he was not as good in his heart like the Potion's Master. Neville could feel the evil leaking off the dark mark and the man himself.

He did not want to come any closer, if anything his instincts were telling him to get as far away as possible. He knew it would be considered quite rude to just run away without any given reason, and he didn't want Draco mad at him for refusing to meet his dad. He stood there with a painful look on his face, aware that his silence was confusing the adults in the room.

"What's the matter Neville?" Severus asked quietly, aware of how out of character the child in question was asking.

Neville contemplated how to answer that, his gut wanted him to scream out how evil the new male was, but that would not be the right way to show Draco the support he clearly wanted. He swallowed thickly before he gave an uncomfortable squirm in place.

Remus saw the squirm quite clearly and shook his head in amusement. Naturally the child would be embarrassed about it and wouldn't be sure on how was the correct way to just leave the conversation despite his pureblood manners. "Cub, do you need to use the toilet?" He asked casually.

Neville turned in surprise at the sudden question, his head already giving a frantic nod as he knew this was his way out. "Sowwy," he said apologetically, his eyes flickering back to Draco who thankfully was hugging his daddy and paying no attention to the scene he had caused.

"Don't be, go potty," Severus encouraged, not wanting the child to think that he had to stay here when he needed to relieve himself.

Neville blew out a breath before he turned and hurried out of the room, choosing to head to the upstairs on in their room, rather than the one downstairs.

Albus watched Neville leave fondly before he turns back to the elder Malfoy. "When are you free in the next upcoming days? There are things we need to talk about," he said lightly knowing the other man would know what he was talking about.

"I will send you an owl," Lucius said stiffly before he turned back to his son. He knew they were now technically on the same side but he still held resentment for the man and he didn't know how to handle it. He would work on it with his wife.

"How long awe you gonna stay daddy?" Draco asked curiously.

"Just for a little while longer, I need to go back to your mummy," Lucius explained easily.

Draco nodded easily, as he was used to just staying with his godfather anyway so he wasn't upset or anything of that nature.

"I'm going to go check on Neville," Remus said after a moment, when the small child didn't reappear.

Severus nodded, he had been wondering why the other boy had been taking so long as well, but he knew as the host he couldn't leave himself. "He went upstairs," he said helpfully.

Remus nodded before he too headed upstairs, letting himself into the boy's room. He was surprised to find the child in question sitting on his bed quietly. The boy was in a defensive position, he had his legs drawn up to this chest.  "Did something happen Neville?" He asked softly.

"I can't go back down there, not until Dwaco's daddy leaves," Neville admitted, as he rested his child on his knees.

"Why not?" Remus asked curiously.

"He feels too evil, not at all like Uncle Sebbus, it scawes me," he said softly before he hunched into himself. He wasn't sure how Remus felt about the other man and he just hoped he hadn't offended him or something.

"Believe me I know exactly how you feel. We don't have to go back down then," he promised him as he made his way over to the child and picked him up. He gave him the comfort the child so desperately needed.

Neville breathed in the calm emotions of the man, his little body relaxing a moment later as he allowed himself to comforted. He would never get tired of this. He closed his eyes trying to soak up as much as he could of the moment, never noticing as he fell asleep.

~*~*line break~*~**~*~*~

When he heard the floo flare, Remus finally laid the boy down on the bed before he quietly made his way out of the room. He headed back downstairs to find the Elder Malfoy was gone and Draco was currently playing with the Headmaster and Harry.

"You and Neville never came back down," Severus said quietly, wanting to know what was wrong.

"He was afraid, he told me that he could feel the evilness coming off Malfoy. I must admit, he even made my wolf uneasy," Remus said seriously.

"I had forgotten about his abilities, but that makes sense," Severus said, now worried about the young boy.

"He's fine, he just fell asleep," Remus offered.

Severus nodded but he would be checking up on him soon. "Whose ready for dinner?" He asked the other two.

~*~*~Line break*~*~*~*~*

Neville woke up the next morning a bit disoriented, he hadn't even remembered falling asleep. He could tell that Harry and Draco were still in their beds and sleeping, and he laid there a bit trying to gather his thoughts. He had a dream last night, of them being in Hogwarts. Only unlike when the time they had gone during Christmas this dream was just like that one when Uncle Severus had been yelling at him.

He saw his body, he was older, and so was Harry and Draco. They weren't all friends though, Draco made fun of him and Harry.  This just didn't make any sense; he knew he wasn't a seer so he started pulling out the possibilities of what might have happened. He didn't know to explain it but something was telling him that they were all supposed to be older now and they currently weren't.

He didn't think he wanted to go back to that reality, because he didn't want to lose the closeness that they all had. When we would they turn back to their normal age? The five-year-old gave a sad sigh, already knowing he couldn't keep this a secret from his godbrothers. Neville rolled off his bed silently, eyes glancing at their closed door, knowing that no one was currently coming.

It was just 7am and even if the grown-ups were up, he knew how much they enjoyed their morning chats without them there. Neville made his way over to Draco's bed and climbed up on it. He looked at the sleeping blonde for a moment before he sighed. He didn't have to wake them up at this very moment. Jumping down off the bed, the little boy headed into their ensuite so he could get a shower knowing a house elf would be there to keep watch.

As the little boy showered, his mind thought back to the flashes of memories and visions that he seemed to be getting. He zoned out for a bit as his mind, started to categorized them in his mindset. He watched the memories impassively, seeing things he had forgotten. His eyes burned as some of the memories came forth and he watched them, with a sort of sick fascination. Had Draco always been this mean?

'I do feel sorry,' said Draco Malfoy, one Potions class, 'for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home,'

Why had he wanted to hurt Harry so much? Especially because he now knew that Harry's relatives liked to hurt him. Who would make fun of someone for not wanting to go home? That should have garnered the attention of the adults. Why hadn't anyone noticed anything was wrong?

'You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team?' said Malfoy a few minutes later, as Snape awarded Hufflepuff another penalty for no reason at all. 'It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money - you should be on the team, Longbottom, you've got no brains.

Neville's eyes unconsciously filled with tears at the male's words, even if he himself knew he wasn't stupid. It was just so hurtful. Had it made Draco feel so much better for acting like a bully? Why would you bring up Harry's lack of parents, his own parents didn't even know who he was? And while they weren't dead, they might as well have been for all the good they did him.

'Longbottom, if brains were gold you'd be poorer than Weasley, and that's saying something

'Draco Malfoy,' Harry explained. 'He hates me.

'Jealous?... Of what? I don't want a foul scar right across my head, thanks. I don't think getting your head cut open makes you that special, myself.'

'You fainted, Potter? Is Longbottom telling the truth? You actually fainted!'

Neville was unable to stop the tears from flowing down his cheeks, mixing with the water from the shower as his head dropped low. In that moment, he hated Draco Malfoy. How could he? He shook the memories away; they didn't mean anything anymore. The Draco he had gotten to know wasn't like this, and he wouldn't stand by for the boy to become a jerk again. He wouldn't lose his brother.

"Is young Master okay? Does Missy need to get Master Severus?" The house elf asked, when she couldn't take the young child crying in the shower any longer.

Neville jerked out of his stupor and turned around to look at the concerned house elf. "No Missy, I'm okay. I just I was remembering something," he admitted tearfully before he turned off the shower and grabbed his towel.

Missy didn't believe him but she let it go for now before she disappeared with a pop. They would be keeping an eye on the child, and if he started crying again, one of the men would know.

Neville sniffled loudly before he stepped out of the tub, quickly drying himself off. He stepped on the little stool and looked at himself in the mirror. What had happened to them? Would Severus tell him if he asked? Did he truly wish to know? He just wanted to know how to prevent those awful memories from being true.

 As much as he didn't want to wake up the other two boys yet, he was awfully confused and he knew that the three of them would be able to think of something rather than just him alone. Steeling himself he walked out of the bathroom and headed over to the Green bed he knew to be Harry's. Neville was surprised to find that Harry was awake and looking at him.

"How long haff you been up Harry?" Neville asked curiously.

"Just now," Harry said with a sleepy smile. "What's up?"

"I've got something important to tell you," Neville said seriously.

"What's wong?" Harry said quietly, a feeling of dread in his tummy at the tone of the other boy's voice.

"I keep haffing these dweams about us," Neville said quietly as he made his way over to Harry's bed.

"Awe they bad dweams?" Harry asked softly.

"I don't know, we awen't weally five. We awe older now, I fink somefing happened to us," Neville said with a frown on his face.

Harry nodded empathetically, but honestly he had already known that something strange was going on. That first night when he had woken up in the infirmary, he hadn't understood how he could have gotten there. He knew he had gone to sleep in his cupboard, only to wake up in a hospital and in a bed to boot? He knew it had to be magic. "What awe we supposed to do den? Do we tell Daddy and Gwanpa and Uncle Wemus?" Harry wanted to know.

"No, I think they know already," Neville said after a moment of thought. "We just haff to talk to Dwaco, he wasn't weally nice to us when we get older," Neville admitted.

Harry nodded silently, as he glanced at the other sleeping boy. He knew that Draco had been jealous before and was mean so he could believe it. He just hoped the other male didn't revert to whenever that was. He didn't think he could stand it. "When do you fink we'll go back to da age we supposed to be?"

"I don't know, but I know that Uncle Severus being Potion's Master, knows the answer to that. And I trust him," Neville said truthfully.

"Me too," Harry said before he climbed out of his bed, intent on getting his own shower. It didn't bother him because magic was so new to him, anything was possible. He would let Neville tell Draco about his dreams, as he had no idea how the blonde boy would react.

Neville sighed softly as he glanced back over at Draco's bed before shaking his head and walking out of the room and towards the playroom. He didn't want to risk it, with the blonde boy. There was no telling how the other boy might react and he didn't want to end up pushing him away even more. He would just need to play it by ear, and tell Harry not to say anything.

~*~*~New Year's Day~*~*~

Midmorning found the occupants of Prince Manor, making their way to the famous Alchemist, Nickolas Flamel to spend the day with. The boys were very excited to visit another wizarding home, not to mention Severus. There was just so many things that he wanted to talk to the old wizard about.

There was so many things he could learn from a being that was over 600 years old. The trip there went smoothly as Severus had learned from his mistakes and had each little boy drink a small spoonful of stomach soother so they wouldn't get sick on arrival from the apparition.

"I hope today goes well," Severus murmured out quietly as he gently led Harry along. The boy was looking a bit shy at meeting new people of course but he also was looking very excited.

"It will, Nickolas cannot wait to meet the boys. And Penelle, is very fond of children," Albus told him firmly.

"I just can't wait to see the different kinds of chocolate they have. Once cannot have lived that long without tasting so much," Remus said with a wistful smile.

Neville snickered at his Uncle's expression as the other men outright laughed. They all knew about the werewolf's slight obsession with chocolate.

"This will be very beneficial for everyone," Albus said as they walked to the front door of the ancestral home.

"I sure you are right," Severus said dryly.

"I am," Albus promised as he gave a firm knock on the door, quieting as the door opened.

~*~*~Line Break*~*~*~

The trip to the Flamels' went as smoothly as one could expect with 3 children under the age of 5, which meant that everything they didn't want to happen, did. Thankfully the Flamels' were used to the antics of children, and in fact Nickolas himself, was like a big child. He enjoyed everything that they brought and was quite sad to see them go.

He made Albus promise to bring them all back once they aged up so he could meet them all properly. And as much as Severus enjoyed conversing with the famous potion Master he was quite happy to just be back home where he could allow the children to let loose without worry.

"Keep your coats on boys and go outside and play," Severus told them the moment they stepped inside of the house.

"Can we fwy?" Harry asked hopefully as he turned his emerald gaze to his father.

"I suppose, Missy will watch out for you," Severus said easily.

He wasn't worried, they had all been gifted with child sized brooms, and that made him aware of something else he was grateful for. Neville's fear of heights was gone, he truly hoped that carried over when they aged up. The boy was a fair flyer, and he knew that with Sirius as his adoptive father that Quidditch would probably be in the boy's near future.

Hanging up his cloak, Severus walked to the kitchen where they would be able to have a nice cup of tea to talk about the farce that was today and the potion he knew he would need to give the boys tonight.

 Not to mention, the window in the kitchen looked out onto the backward so they would be able to watch over the boys without going outside.  He wanted them to have a couple days to adjust, especially when school started back in a few days' time. He only hoped that there wouldn't be any complications or issues to crop up.

~*~*~*Line Break~*~*~

Harry grabbed his broom, and easily took to the air, turning around to make sure that his companions were right behind him. "Want to pway tag or look fow da snitch?" He asked excitedly.

"I wanna pway tag, I'm not good at looking for the snitch. You and Dwaco are the only good ones at that," Neville said with a frown.

"That's twue," Draco said with a smile. "I can be it fiwst?" He offered.

"No I can do it," Harry said shyly, they usually didn't let him be it because it reminded him to much of Dudley and how unfair they used to treat him awfully.

"Awight, count to five and then come after us," Neville instructed him before he flew off.

Harry nodded eagerly and loudly started counting. He ended at five proudly before he took off on his broom, the wind blew in his hair and he smiled brightly, he loved being in the air. He didn't go after Neville right away but to Draco who was flying a bit slower than usual. He giggled as he stretched.

"I'm gonna get you Dwaco!" He called out loudly.

"Nuh uh!" Draco giggled out before he turned sharply to the right trying to get away from Harry.

"Yes huh!" Harry countered back happily as he turned the opposite way before doubling back and tagging the blonde boy on the shoulder. "Got you!" He said before flying up and away from the other boy.

Draco frowned at that, as he flew down to the ground. "Dat doesn't count!" He called out, disgruntled about the whole thing.

"Awe you cheating?" Neville asked quietly as he came to fly by the other male.

"No but I wasn't fwying da best I could," Draco pouted out.

"Why not?" Harry asked skeptically. He wondered if Draco was really going to try to make him be it again.

"I need to go inside fow a minute," he huffed out as he laid his broom on the ground.

"Uncle Sev'rus wants us to stay out here, he's talking wiff Gwanpa and Uncle Wemus," Neville pointed out.

"I know, but I gotta potty," Draco said as he bit his lip worriedly, wondering if he would get in trouble then.

"Oh, dat's okay then," Neville said with a shrug.

"Do you fink I'll be in twouble?" Draco asked worriedly.

"Naw you'll be fine, Daddy doesn't wike it when we hold it. He doesn't want us to haff any askidents," Harry said smartly.

"Too true Harry," Neville said softly before he nodded to the blonde boy to go in.

"Otay den. I be back. Just keep pwaying," Draco told the other two boys before he turned and ran back into the manor and to the toilet.

It didn't seem like the men even noticed he had gone back into the house and he was thankful. As much as Neville was assured that he wouldn't get into trouble, he didn't want to tempt fate by drawing attention to himself.  

Draco finished up and washed his hands before he headed towards the kitchen, hoping he might be able to get a snack, only to hesitate when he heard the voices coming from his guardians. Ever the little Slytherin, he stopped to listen, wondering what they were talking about.

"What do you think might be the best course of action when it comes to aging up the boys?" Albus asked curiously, while they had the cure he didn't know the plan to administer it.

"We might have to separate them, there is no telling how they may lash out. Draco is very hot-headed at times and I don't want him to hurt anyone including himself. His words will be unkind to say the least," Severus informed them.

"Would that truly be the best? Harry might not thrive well in a separate room," Remus pointed out, fretting slightly at the thought of them being on their own.

"Well none of them will be truly alone, one of us will be there. And I will spell their bed for the moment of awareness," Severus pointed out.

"I suppose that can work," Albus said after a moment before sighing. He hoped everything went well.

 

Draco swallowed thickly before he quietly slunk back towards the hallway where he had come from so they wouldn't hear him. His heart was thudding quickly in his heart, unsure of what he had heard but it didn't sound good.

What were they talking about? Why did they want to split them up? He turned and made his way out to the back, running towards where he had dropped his broom before taking to the air.

"Hawwy? Nebille, we hafta talk," He called to them, as he tightened his grip on his little broom. His brain was full of conflicting thoughts, and he was oh so confused. Maybe Neville and Harry would be able to shed some light on what he had just learned.

"What's the matter?" Harry asked seeing the look on Draco's face.

"I heawd somefing when I was inside," Draco whispered out fearfully.

"What was it?" Neville asked quietly, picking up on the other male's fear.

"Pwomise me dat you and Hawwy won't forget me. Pwomise me dat no matter what Uncle Sebbus and Uncle Wemus and Gwanpa Albus say," Draco whispered out harshly.

"What awe you talking about Dwaco? What's wong?" Harry asked worriedly, wondering what on earth had happened.

"Nothing will ever make me forget you Draco, how could I? You and Harry are the best friends I could ever have," Neville told him firmly, wondering what on earth that Draco would have possibly heard.

"Otay," Draco blew out in relief, his hands still tightening on the handle of his broomstick, wishing that he could be certain that they would never push him away.

"It will be okay, I pwomise you dat Dwaco," Neville said kindly.

Draco nodded before he flew a bit away from them. "I'll count to five den?" He called out.

Harry was staring after the blonde boy in confusion before shifting his gaze to Neville questioningly. "What's going on?" He asked softly.

"I don't know," Neville lied quietly, as he glanced back towards Draco. "Just fwy Harry," he encouraged.

He watched as the Raven-haired child flew off as the blonde-haired child raced after him. He put his little fist to his heart and bowed his head hoping that whatever Draco had heard didn't come to past. He meant what he said, there was no way that he was letting Draco and Harry go. They were his brothers now, and he would protect them with every fiber of his being. 

The End.
Chapter 19 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
So, if you follow me on fanfiction, I usually update there first. It only takes me a second, compared to the fifteen minutes it takes here. This story is nearly over. One more chapter I think

Severus sighed as looked at the three little boys sitting on the couch patiently. He and Albus and Remus had decided to be frank with them for a bit, just to see how they would take it. He at least wanted to warn them of what was going to happen, because tonight wasn't going to be like any other night. 

They were going to sleep as a 5 year old, only to wake up at age 13. The Potion Master knew aging 8 years was going to be a process and he didn't want them to be afraid. He just wasn't sure how to go about it, the explaining bit at least.

"Uncle Severus, is this about us going back to our real ages?" Neville asked quietly when it became apparent that the three men were struggling to start. Severus quirked an eyebrow as he looked at the little empath.

"Yes, were those the flashbacks you were seeing then?" He asked carefully, as little pieces started to click into place.

"Yes, I was unsure of them, and I was confused but I understand now. That was us before," the little Gryffindor stated kindly. He knew now that the old Severus would never be that mean to him again, and he thankful about it.

 "I'm sorry," Severus stated quietly, his eyes on Neville for the moment. "It's alright, you won't do it again so I clearly forgive you. And Harry will too when we age back up and he understands," the tiny tot answered happily as he turned to look at his god brother who had lost interest and was playing with Remus's hands. 

Severus nodded silently, his eyes flickering over to his godson who was being unusually quiet, his gray eyes shuttered.

"What is it dragon?"Draco shook his head quickly, his eyes dropping to his lap.

"Nothing Uncle Sebbus," he murmured out."Will it hurt?" Neville asked quietly, ever the curious child.

"No, it's just like falling asleep, you won't feel a thing," Remus promised him softly.

"Draco, can I have a cuddle?" Albus asked carefully, aware of what might be wrong with his little one.Draco glanced up at his grandfather, his eyes shining brightly with his unshed tears. He reached eagerly towards the man, just wanting reassurance and comfort.

He had the strangest feeling that everything he had ever known was going to change. And he didn't know if he was ready for it, or even if they were ready for him. He welcomed the familiarity that came from the old man's magic and just decided not to think on it too much.

"Let's just go spend some time in the playroom, I know how much that relaxes you. There is nothing to be worried about," Severus said after a moment, interjecting cheer into his voice yet again. It was a joyous occasion, it was just bittersweet at the moment. 

 He shook his head, he would have to talk with Albus and Remus again about what might be the best course of action. But that would need to wait until the boy's are sleeping. He was unsure of their reactions, so he still felt his plan of separating them was the right move. But that was for a little bit later, now he would just enjoy the little time that they had left.

~&~&~&~The Red Room&~&~&~

Neville woke up with a silent gasp, as he looked around the unfamiliar room in confusion. Why was in here, where in the hell was here? Where were Harry and Draco? Was their change okay? He ran a hand through his dirty blonde hair before he slowly leaned over to grab his wand which happen to be conveniently on his bedside table?

Hmm, where had it been all those weeks then, why did it suddenly appear now? He knew logically speaking that if he was still in the Professor's house, then the man had spelled the bed with him in it. He knew that the man was thorough and would want to be alerted when his charges finally woke up. He couldn't allow that to happen which is why he was ever so careful not to move.

He softly casted a finite before he quietly slid out of bed. He had a few days to begin to come to terms with the changes but Draco and Harry hadn't. He didn't want either of them pulling away, it was crucial that they all stuck together. He wasn't stupid, he had a gut wrenching feeling that if he or Harry pulled away from Draco that would lead him straight to the dark and he didn't want to do that. 

Neville sighed as he tucked his wand in his pocket, frowning as he realized that he would definitely need a holster sometime down the road or he could accidently spell himself, or in worst case scenario actually break his wand. He sighed softly, knowing that he would really need to get his own wand before they headed back to school. Since he stopped blocking his empath abilities, his father's wand felt awful in his hand.

But walking around without a wand felt even worse so he would just have to deal with it for now.He opened the door carefully, he didn't see anyone, and he surely didn't feel any magic. Unsure if Uncle Remus was still here or not, he still blocked his scent as a precaution. It was imperative that he talked to each boy before the adults did. 

He didn't want Harry or Draco having doubts, as Harry's body was smaller and younger in ways he knew that he would wake up last. Feeling the way down the hall by his magic he followed Draco's magic until he was in front of a closed door. Taking a breath, he opened it and quickly disappeared inside before closing it again.

He breathed out a sigh of relief when he didn't see Grandpa Albus anywhere, hopefully the old man was asleep, as he wasn't sure when Draco would wake up. He only knew it would be, before the morning and he needed to be here.Neville locked the door the muggle way before he took a seat in the chair next to the bed, taking his wand and dismantling the man's alerting charms on Draco's bed as he leaned back to wait.

He didn't have to wait that long, maybe an hour or so later he saw the blonde boy start to stir, he didn't want to startle him so he let him wake up on his own. He would speak only when the boy was ready.

~*~*The Blue Room~*~*~**~*~*~

Draco nearly leaped out of bed with a strangled gasp, his hand over his heart as it pounded frantically in his heart. He would need to tell Severus to never use that potion on anyone ever again. It had paralyzed his body, and he had been unable to move while the memories merged themselves together. It was like watching a muggle movie, the memory coming forth before he could stop it. They had watched a few, the night before Christmas.

Uncle Severus and Grandpa Albus and Uncle Remus had enlarged the couch and they had all had a giant cuddle fest as they watched Holiday movies. He felt the tears sting his eyes as he knew that he would never get a chance to do that again. He knew that Grand-the Headmaster would never hold him like that ever again.

He bit his bottom lip trying to stop the tears, Malfoys didn't cry his father always said. But his father was wrong, as he remembered Remus telling him it was alright to cry, that sometimes that's the only way to make the pain go away.

He swallowed hard as he glanced around the room, wondering were Neville and Harry had gone. Had they left him? They had promised him that they wouldn't, if they hadn't where had they gone? He swallowed thickly as he put his hand over his nose and mouth to stop the sob from escaping.

"Draco, we're fine and we haven't forgotten what you asked of us," Neville blurted out quickly when it became apparent that the Slytherin was going to break out into hysterical tears.

Draco startled and turned to look at Neville incredulously as he frowned, and quickly wiped those stupid tears from his eyes.

"How long have you even been there Longbottom? You know that it's customary for one to knock before they enter someone's else's room. I would have thought with your pureblooded training you would know that," he replied automatically his tone just as snide as can be.

Neville sighed softly, aware immediately what the boy was doing. This is what the adults had meant when they said lashing out, but Harry wouldn't do this. This was mostly Draco and he had a reason to be. He didn't fault the boy; however, he wasn't going to tolerate the abuse that was for sure.

"Take off the Malfoy mask Draco, I don't want to converse with it at the moment," Neville stated calmly watching in amusement at the other male's reaction.

Draco gasped softly before he could stop himself as he looked at the boy across from him, this wasn't the same Longbottom he knew. Well, not the one he remembered, this Longbottom was just Neville. He swallowed thickly as the choked feeling returned full forced as he bent down to look at the comforter. It was the Ravenclaw one that held eagles on it, he had picked it himself. He clenched his fist until it ached trying to get control of himself, what was going on here?

"This is who I am, so just deal with it," Draco spat out unpleasantly before he could help himself. He didn't understand why he was on the defensive; the other boy hadn't said anything to him to warrant a response. Not to mention there was a part of him that was yelling at him to shut up. He didn't want Neville to go away, so why was he being a jerk to the other boy? He was so confused.

"This is not who you are, I know you Draco Lucian Malfoy; and this spiteful character you're allowing free, isn't him. The Draco I know is kind, and he's sarcastic without being mean, like Uncle Severus is. He's also afraid that Harry and I will forget him and everything we shared," Neville acknowledged kindly as he watched the other's boy's face to see how much his words affected him.

Draco continued to look down, not wanting Longbottom to know that he had hit the nail on the head in regards to his emotions. He had all but forgotten in that moment that Neville was empathetic, but he shouldn't have. He clenched his fist tighter and placed it over his heart as he looked up at the Gryffindor boy. He swallowed thickly the urge to cry getting stronger the longer he resisted. He couldn't give into the feelings, he needed to make sure that everything would be okay.

"Where's Harry?" Draco asked softly, unsure how he should feel towards this Gryffindor who he had come to love as his own brother. He would just change the subject and get it off of him for the moment.

"He's still small, Severus doesn't want us in there. He's afraid Harry might react poorly, he's right though," Neville said as he wiggled his fingers as he reacted to the influx in magic in the air. He knew what Draco was doing but he would allow it for now, but not for long; it would need to be addressed.

"He's going to be upset?" Draco asked slowly, feeling dread. He refused to acknowledge that not ten minutes ago he was lashing out at Neville. They still hadn't talked about it, and for now he was thankful.

"Yes, he doesn't like waking up alone, he's going to jump to the wrong conclusions. He's going to think that we don't want anything to do with him now," Neville replied tightly.

Draco nodded slowly before he looked up at the boy, really looked up at him. "You're different now," he noticed, he could see that Neville wasn't anything like he had before the accident.

Neville gave a careless shrug. "I was allowed to flourish and be myself here, Uncle Severus wanted me to do good. He didn't want me beaten down, of course I matured in the way I was suppose too," he laughed as he realized that under the most notorious, dangerous man in Hogwarts he had become more confident than ever.

Draco chuckled in response, not sure if he felt the same way. He didn't feel confident like he had before. He felt different, how was he supposed to feel, what did this even mean? 

"Different is good Draco, don't let anyone say that's it a bad thing because it's not.  I will always remember this holiday season. Without either of you, I wouldn't have thrived, you guys made it possible. You accepted me for who I was, no one has ever done that before," Neville chuckled darkly.

"But what about when we go back to school?" Draco asked skeptically knowing how peer pressure went. He felt so ashamed of the things that he had did, the names he had called the other kids. He was a right git, this was why he was most afraid of Neville and Harry ignoring him.

"Nothing changes, you're still my brother in all but blood, well actually in blood too. I think you're actually my cousin twice removed on the Black side, same as Harry," Neville chuckled as he worked that out."

What if the other kids say something? You know they will," Draco said frowning even as his stomach warmed at the other male's declaration. He knew if they were pressured too much they would give up on the friendship. But he also knew himself, and he didn't think he would be able to survive if they did that to him. They were the only ones where he had been open with and they in return. They all had to be in this together.

"I. Don't. Give. A. Shit. They don't matter to me, you and Harry do," Neville said with a smug look as he reached forward to pull the blonde boy to him to hug him. He could feel the other boy's emotions. The Slytherin was so afraid of getting rejected, and he wanted him to know that was the furthest thing from his mind.

"Nothing no one can say will make you change your mind about me?" Draco asked in a distressed tone despite struggling to hold back his emotions. They wanted to come forth and it showed as he hugged the other boy tightly. He was afraid to let go, and he didn't even want to think about going home. He didn't want anything between them to change.

"I promise you dragon, there is nothing you can do to get rid of me or Harry. We Gryffindors are stubborn ones, once we're stuck on you, we're stuck like glue, "Neville said softly, his grip tightening around the other boy as he heard a suspicious sniffle.

Draco pressed his face into the younger boy's shoulder, unable to help the emotion's threatening to overcome him. He only hugged the other boy tighter, allowing himself to live in the moment.

"Promise me, once we get in school nothing will change. That we can still talk if I have a problem? Promise me that you'll still care?" Draco pleaded out tearfully.

"There is nothing nobody in this world or the next can do that will make me think otherwise. I will always be here for you and Harry, Draco. I promise you that," Neville whispered fiercely in the other boy's ear.Neville held him tight, aware that they weren't alone anymore.

He could feel two other magical signatures just outside the closed door but he didn't draw any attention to it. He concentrated and felt them out, not surprised when he felt to be the Professor and the Headmaster. They weren't coming in so he figured they were listening in, which he was fine with, but he knew Draco wouldn't be so that is why he didn't draw attention to it. 

He flexed his fingers trying to feel out Harry's magic, only to come back to himself as Draco finally released a choked sob. The other boy needed this, he didn't need to keep it in, he was content to stand here until Draco told him otherwise. Because this was his brothers, and that is what brother's do.

~&~&~&~The Hallway&~&~&~&~

 

Severus glanced back at the closed door before his gaze when over to Albus, the man had wanted to go in when he had heard Draco crying but he knew that it wouldn't go over well. His godson was very proud and for him to cry with Neville there was something big happening here, and they didn't want to make the situation worse.

He felt slightly guilty standing here eavesdropping on the boy's conversation but didn't know how else they would have gained this knowledge. They had no idea that Draco had felt this way, maybe they hadn't been right in thinking the children needed their privacy.  

 

"When do you think Harry should wake up?" Albus asked carefully.

"Soon, it could be anytime between now and the morning. The potion affected them all differently, and even though we've been countering the damage done to his body he is still smaller than the other too," Severus explained.

Albus nodded slowly, before he turned back to look at the closed door. He wanted to be in the room with the boys.

He needed them to know there was nothing to fear, nothing would change how he felt towards them. They were his grandsons in all but blood and if he wanted to get technical, they were definitely related if they went back far enough.Severus was aware that the old man wasn't even listening to him, and he didn't blame him.

He wanted to be in the room as well. He moved to knock on the door, when he froze as he suddenly heard a blood-curdling scream coming from the boy's shared room. He said nothing, only knowing that the only boy in the room was Harry and Merlin he hoped nothing was wrong. He didn't even hear the other boys and Albus making their way behind him, too intent on getting to his child.

~&~&~&The boy's shared room~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~

Harry woke up with shout, his heart beating frantically in his chest as he looked around the room. He was very confused, even as the motion activated light over his bed turned on and allowed him to look around. He knew this room, he knew these beds, but where were the other boys who slept in them? 

The raven-haired teen carefully pulled the blankets back, only to freeze as he heard footsteps coming towards his room. In hindsight Harry knew that whoever was coming to him was clearly no danger to him as he knew this was Severus's manor. That didn't stop the terror when his door was suddenly swung open, and a dark figure appeared. 

The tiny teen screamed again, but this time his magic reacting with him as it released a torrent of accidental magic. Harry quickly scrambled back on his bed and underneath the covers as if that would protect him. He wasn't even thinking about his wand, just that his thoughts were much to jumbled for him to process everything right now.

Severus groaned quietly from where he had been thrown into the wall, by Harry's magic. Well if he ever wondered why exactly the Dark Lord felt threatened by a baby 13 years ago, he now knew. The child's magic was strong and he knew better then to attempt to enter the room again. At least not until the child was a little bit more calmer.

"I could have told you that was a really bad idea Uncle Severus," Neville said plainly as he stepped out of the room, with Draco's hand in his. He held onto the hand tightly, even as the other male tried to let go.

"I remember you telling me a lot of things were bad ideas," Severus said with a playful scowl on his face."No one listens to a baby though," Neville giggled out with a shrug of his own. Well at least he knew that the relationship he had his with godfather was still okay.

"Very true," Severus said his lips twitching as they tried to smile at the look of longing Draco was giving the Headmaster. They would have much more time to get to know everyone again as soon as Harry was okay. 

"I think Draco and I should go in now," Neville said after a moment of silence had gone by.

"Absolutely not," Severus said vehemently. He was not going to risk their lives, especially because Harry didn't seem to be aware he was even doing anything.

"I wasn't asking sir, I'm telling you it's time for Draco and I to go in now. Harry is expecting us," Neville replied firmly.

"I do not like that tone Mr. Longbottom," Severus warned quietly.

"I can be punished for it later sir, I would like to go get my brother now. He's under the impression that Draco and I haven't kept our promise," Neville said a little of his frustration starting to show at still being in the hallway instead of in the room with Harry.

"It's alright Severus, they will be okay," Albus replied quietly, his eyes sad as they glanced at the blonde Slytherin who refused to make eye contact with him. Well that was that then, wasn't it?

"Grandpa Albus is right, Harry won't hurt us," Draco said softly, even as his eyes stayed to the ground. His body tensed as he heard the soft intake of breath but he didn't dare look up, he didn't want to hope that the Headmaster could still love him. 

Severus gave a curt nod, still unsure and not at all happy about the nonchalant attitude that Neville now had.

He took a deep breath as they carefully walked into the room, only to jump back when the door suddenly slammed shut once they were inside. He glanced back at Albus with a look of annoyance even as he tried the handle. They were locked out yet again, and had nothing to do but wait.

The End.
Chapter 20 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Hey, thanks for sticking with me on this long ride. This is finally the end, I had no excuse not to finish it, social distancing and all. Enjoy it, it’s not as long as I would have liked it, but it’s closure and the emotions are there and that’s what matters. Stay Safe everyone!

Neville winced as the door shut loudly behind him and Draco, he honestly hoped that Uncle Severus would be okay. Merlin, he hoped the man didn’t ground him after that, he had basically scolded the man in his own home. He shook his head, as he let go of Draco’s hand, the blonde had been unnaturally quiet since briefly speaking with the old man. He shook his head, they could fix whatever that was later, right now they needed to focus on Harry. 

 

“Harry? Stop screaming, we haven’t left you,” Neville called out loudly as he carefully made his way towards his brother’s bed. 

 

“You did so, I woke up alone,” Harry said out a little stubbornly, finding his Gryffindor courage. 

 

“We all woke up alone Potter,” Draco said with a sigh, speaking for the first time to the Gryffindor boy.

 

“If you’re going to call me that, you can leave, because that’s not the Draco I like nor want in this room with me,” Harry said out quickly.

 

“I told you,” Neville said out honestly as he gave the Slytherin a look. 

 

“Sorry, it’s going to take some getting used too, I have two sets of memories I’m working through,” Draco said out dryly before he slumped down on Harry’s bed. 

 

“Join the club, my memories are all jumbled up,” Harry said with a dejected sigh. “It’s why my magic threw Severus out of the room. When he came in to check on me, I was confused. I knew in one instance this was my new father, but in another memory, this was the man who hated my guts and made my life hell,” he explained out.

 

“You don’t need to explain to me, imagine getting two of sets of memories, while you were still small. I had no idea what what was true and what wasn’t,” Neville said in sympathy.

 

“Yeah, you’ve got the worst deal there Neville,” Draco said with a grimace. 

 

“In some ways I would agree, but I’ve had the week to come to grips with it, this is my new normal, and that’s okay,” Neville said out softly. “I never though that I would be grateful for my awful skill with potions, I had know idea that it would change my life for the better,”

 

“I know the feeling, As much as I was scared of Severus when he suddenly came into the room, all I could think about was, I hope I didn’t hurt him. I can’t imagine him going back to treating us all the way he used to be. Except maybe you Draco, you were his first godson,” Harry said out honestly.

 

“As Severus has told me repeatedly over the last few weeks, I’m his godson, but you Harry are his son,” Draco said out easily. 

 

The jealously was long gone, now that he was older he was able to appreciate the relationship that the Headmaster had given him. He had gain a proper grandfather who didn’t even care what his last name was. The man didn’t expect him to be something he wasn’t. A father figure who loved him for who he was, and wasn’t trying to change him. He couldn’t say the same about his actual father. 

 

The blonde Slytherin couldn’t explain the sudden urge to break out into tears at how happy that thought made him feel. Draco couldn’t explain just what he was feeling but now that he saw that Harry was fine, he needed to speak to his grandfather. He needed the man to know that everything was okay, that nothing had changed. 

 

That his feelings were still there and stronger then ever. He didn’t want the old man to have any doubt in his mind, that Draco loved him. And love him he did, he loved him so strongly, he was sure it was stronger then the love he had for his Lucius. With his epiphany realized, Draco cleared his suddenly clogged throat, to look at his two brothers in all but blood.

 

 “Grandpa Albus needs me, and I need him,” Draco whispered out, unable to speak any louder for fear that he would burst into tears. He had never felt a love like this before and he would do anything to protect it all costs.

 

“I know,” Neville replied out softly.  He could feel Draco’s strong emotions and he was trying his absolute hardest not to cry in joy with him. “Go, Harry’s fine,” he added out, just in case that was the one thing holding Draco back.

 

Draco took a deep breath, and then another, finding himself choking back tears. “You have given me the greatest gift of my entire life Neville, I don’t know how I’m ever going to repay you,” he said out tearfully. 

 

“No payment needed, especially because this was all an amazingly crazy accident,” Neville said out truthfully his own eyes shining brightly in tears. He was just glad that everything had worked out perfectly. 

 

Draco grinned beautifully, his own grey eyes filled with tears before he turned and ran out of the room. 

 

Severus was surprised to see the door to the boy’s room bang wide open, and Draco come flying out of it. He briefly saw tears rolling down his godson’s face, and for a moment he wondered if Harry had rejected the blonde Slytherin.  But his worries were for naught as he watched his blonde godson bodily throw himself at the old man. And like the old man had done numerous time when Draco was smaller, he easily caught him and held him to his chest. 

 

“Grandpa,” Draco gasped out before he finally broke down into noisy tears.

 

“Excuse us Severus,” Albus said out absently as he turned and headed towards another bedroom. The old man was only focused on the child in his arms, his instincts screaming to comfort him as he had often done in the past. 

 

Severus watched with a fond smile as Draco and Albus disappeared from sight. He walked forward and stuck his head into the partially opened door that Draco had come running out of. “May I come in?” He asked out, giving Harry the option to say no. He didn’t want to force his presence on the child if he was still working through his memories. 

 

“Yes, you can come in,” Harry said out easily. He had been quiet as he listened to Draco and Neville talk. He was glad that Draco had finally come into his feelings about the Headmaster, even as a kid he could see the connection the two of them had. It was kind of like the one between him and Severus.

 

Severus walked into the room slowly, choosing to take the chair from the desk and move it towards the bed, rather then sit on it. He was still practicing boundaries after all, not to mention very curious on how they had managed to get Draco to realize his feelings in regards to Albus. 

 

“Draco had an epiphany while we were talking about you, he said something about me being your son and then he got quiet after. Next thing I know he was in tears,” Harry explained out honestly. 

 

“That’s good he needed to understand his own feelings first. And he’s right, you are my son,” Severus said out softly. He didn’t want to admit it but, he knew there was a chance that Harry would reject him after everything had happened. Maybe his older memories proved to be too much for him, it was a very sobering thought. 

 

“I know,” Harry said out quietly. He was happy that Neville was giving him silent support, as he knew that Severus and him needed to have this talk. 

 

“What do you think about that? Be honest, you don’t have to spare my feelings,” Severus said out quietly.

 

“I think it’s great, I remember everything of this past month that you did for us and for me. I know you were harsh before, but I think it’s cause you had been hurt and you weren’t looking at me for me,” Harry said out slowly. He had come to grips with this a long time, and he knew that Severus had been seeing James whenever he looked at him. It was inexcusable but understandable and forgivable. He loved Severus after all. 

 

“You have no idea, how much I regret treating you that way,” Severus said out sincerely. 

 

“I have a hunch, I’ve got a god brother who can feel other people’s emotions and he’s a good judge of character,” Harry said with a grin. 

 

Neville giggled because he knew that Harry was clearly talking about him. 

 

“I’m so proud of you Neville, you are an amazing wizard, don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise,” Severus said out seriously as he held one arm out of him. 

 

“I won’t Uncle Severus,” Neville told the man seriously as he ran into his godfather’s arms and hugged the man tight. They were going to be okay, everything was the way it should have been in the first place. 

 

“I’m glad that you were able to let me in after your abusive relatives,” Severus said out truthfully as he turned to look at back at Harry.

 

“Me too,” Harry said out happily. “And that means that I get to live here forever, right?” He added out shyly. 

 

“Forever,” Severus said out softly, opening his arms as his son dove into his arms. 

 

He hugged both of his boys in his arms tightly,  unable to believe how much better his life had gotten since that incident in his class.  He never thought that he would be grateful for a freak Potion’s accident that had ruined his 13 year record for no accidents in the classroom. But he had no regrets, because of it he had gained two incredibly sweet little boys, and he wouldn’t change that for nothing. 

 

Harry grinned in the hug, agreeing silently with his god brother. Draco was right, Neville had truly given them all the greatest gifts of their entire lives; a Family. 

 

The End.
End Notes:
That’s a wrap


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3194